PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: I cooked him(Tmac). Roasted him.

Sactown
01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Kobe Bryant was interviewed recently and was asked about going one on one with Tmac and responded "I cooked him" when he was 20 years old Kobe played Tmac 3 times one on one with the last game having the results of "11-2"
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17075/kobe-bryant-talks-mj-lebron-django

justinnum1
01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Kobe also said he would beat lebron one on one and that he[kobe] is the best ever at one on one.

Meanwhile

jones
If you place LeBron and Kobe's first ten years side by side, Kobe has never had a better year than LeBron.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
LOL the end of the link "lebron django"

are you trying to tell us lebron's ancestor was Django???? that explains a lot! lol

Chronz
01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17075/kobe-bryant-talks-mj-lebron-django

I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball every day. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore.

Great interview with more tidbits

JiffyMix88
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
cool story bro

JiffyMix88
01-17-2013, 03:23 PM
cool story bro

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
lol thats some cocky ***

still1ballin
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM
It would be difficult to beat Kobe in a one on one. Knowing how much pride he has, he wouldn't allow anyone to beat him.

Maybe they should add this in the ASG. That would be great to see.

First up:

Kyrie vs Kobe

justinnum1
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
It would be difficult to beat Kobe in a one on one. Knowing how much pride he has, he wouldn't allow anyone to beat him.

First up:

Kyrie vs Kobe

that would be cool. durant would own him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM

Maybe now. Kobe can't move like he used to.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM
sorry chronz but sactown made his thread first.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Durant would also beat lebron one on one.

PleaseBeNice
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM
hahahah t mac "back spasms" whatever dude

justinnum1
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Maybe now. Kobe can't move like he used to.

Even 10 years ago i would take KD. One on one, his length plus range. kd is the perfect player one on one

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Even 10 years ago i would take KD. One on one, his length plus range. kd is the perfect player one on one

Kobe would rape durant one on one in his prime. Without a doubt. That is Kobes game.

kdspurman
01-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Kobe also said he would beat lebron one on one and that he[kobe] is the best ever at one on one.

Meanwhile

jones

In fairness to that quote, putting those guys numbers side by side for 10 years has nothing to do with playing a 1 on 1 game. Kobe is the kind of dude that would own people in 1 on 1's I think. And I can't even say I'm a Kobe fan. But he's got that kind of attitude where he'd do whatever it took to win. His post game, and kind of gritty play, etc... idk just seems like he would be like the guy at the park everyone tries to beat.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
The signals of Bryant going old.
He barks more and more everyday.
he took a shot on lebron yesterday.

Chronz
01-17-2013, 03:46 PM
So Tmac played 1 on 1 with Kobe right before he blew up in Orlando?

Vinylman
01-17-2013, 03:49 PM
The signals of Bryant going old.
He barks more and more everyday.
he took a shot on lebron yesterday.

Awe... Crooner in full blown Kobe hating mode...

Can't wait for the hate to explode when Kobe asks management to "ship Pau's *** out"

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
I can't imagine anyone in Kobe's era beating him 1-1. That is his game.

BULLSFAN0810
01-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Kobe tenyears ago would rape james and whoever. Durant needs a set up man .james jumpshot is iffy, and he isn't a post player .Kobe can doit all.

chong2204
01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Kobe tenyears ago would rape james and whoever. Durant needs a set up man .james jumpshot is iffy, and he isn't a post player .Kobe can doit all.

Kobe and rape shouldn't be in the same sentence if your trying to defend him.

b_russ
01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Kobe tenyears ago would rape whoever.

:)

sep11ie
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
cool story brobe.

Sactown
01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I think Kobe would beat Lebron 1 on 1 just because he wants it more... But if Lebron took it to the same seriousness that Kobe did?? I'd have a hard time picking Kobe (even if he was in his prime) simply because Lebrons size and foot speed is just to much, combined with his newly found post game.. Just to much size speed and strength to over come.. But I'd give Kobe the nod over any other SG in the game.

Sactown
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Also I'm offended the title was changed... I liked mine much more.

Da Knicks
01-17-2013, 04:20 PM
One on one is Kobes game, the players that can beat Kobe nowadays at it would be Melo and maybe Durant but for some reason i think Kobe would put it to Durant. Others that i would like to see go one on one even from the past would be Bernard, Jordan, younger Pierce, and a young Ginobili he is so scrappy that he would give fits one on one.

Sactown
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
One on one is Kobes game, the players that can beat Kobe nowadays at it would be Melo and maybe Durant but for some reason i think Kobe would put it to Durant. Others that i would like to see go one on one even from the past would be Bernard, Jordan, younger Pierce, and a young Ginobili he is so scrappy that he would give fits one on one.

I disagree, I do think Melo could bully Kobe down low, but there's no way on this God given earth that Melo could stay infront of Kobe, he's lateral speed is not nearly quick enough to keep Kobe in front of him.. I think Kobe would torch him, especially if they play winners. Durants another one where I believe he could get his shot off over Kobe as he's tall enough, but yet again there's no way he'd be able to cover him.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
I think Kobe would beat Lebron 1 on 1 just because he wants it more... But if Lebron took it to the same seriousness that Kobe did?? I'd have a hard time picking Kobe (even if he was in his prime) simply because Lebrons size and foot speed is just to much, combined with his newly found post game.. Just to much size speed and strength to over come.. But I'd give Kobe the nod over any other SG in the game.

im tired of this stupid generalization people make. how do you know "he wants it more"? you talk to kobe and lebron?

wizardsfan3
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM

I don't know about all that...but he did say Durant would give him the most trouble.

John Walls Era
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore.

:laugh: Tmac with the old back spasms excuse.

Sactown
01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
im tired of this stupid generalization people make. how do you know "he wants it more"? you talk to kobe and lebron?

I think it's pretty obvious who has the more competitive drive.. I'm not saying Lebron doesn't have a competitive drive, but to say he takes every game as serious as big games is a joke.. While Kobe is still up in his man whether he's up 20 points or down 20 points, whether he's playing a 60 win team or a 20 win team.. Kobe simply goes for blood every game, while Lebron doesn't...

So the "generalization" isn't "stupid" it's based off facts and what you see during the games..

CostanzaNumba0
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Kobe is the second most overrated player over the last 20 years next to Iverson. Lebron would eat him alive..

CostanzaNumba0
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I think it's pretty obvious who has the more competitive drive.. I'm not saying Lebron doesn't have a competitive drive, but to say he takes every game as serious as big games is a joke.. While Kobe is still up in his man whether he's up 20 points or down 20 points, whether he's playing a 60 win team or a 20 win team.. Kobe simply goes for blood every game, while Lebron doesn't...

So the "generalization" isn't "stupid" it's based off facts and what you see during the games..

What a ridiculous statement, you're claiming an unquantifiable thing like 'going for blood' is a fact because you subjectively observed it? Do you know what a fact is?

wizardsfan3
01-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Kobe is the second most overrated player over the last 20 years next to Iverson. Lebron would eat him alive..

lmaooo

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Kobe is not overrated, outside crazy Laker fans who put him top 2-4 at this point. Nearly everyone has him top 8-12, and recognizes that he is one of the true superstars in the leagues history.

TheNumber37
01-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Watching NBA players play a game to 21 points One on One would be pay per view worthy.
Maybe's it's the boxing ads, that are on this forum right now, but I would pay to see a lot of the matchups.

Kobe Vs Lebron
Melo Vs Lebron
Durant vs Melo
Durant Vs Lebron
Paul vs Rose.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 05:08 PM

you forgot there two sides in basketball, offense and defense. is kobe is always "going for blood", wouldn't he go for blood on defense too? he only plays defense when he wants, and has been seriously lacking on the defensive end the past few years. lebron plays hard on offense AND defense. wouldnt this quantify as "wanting it more"?

just because kobe is arrogant, shoots a lot, and will always play heroball at the end of the game doesnt mean "he wants it more". people equate his arrogance, cockiness, and style of play to jordan. that is another reason people always talk of his "killer instinct".

HowFit
01-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Kobe would rape durant one on one in his prime. Without a doubt. That is Kobes game.

:facepalm:

XJW18
01-17-2013, 05:18 PM
KOBE IS A BEAST!
A one on one game during all-star weekend would be sick
like a tourney, instead of Horse or any other stupid idea they have.

HowFit
01-17-2013, 05:19 PM

HowFit
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
you forgot there two sides in basketball, offense and defense. is kobe is always "going for blood", wouldn't he go for blood on defense too? he only plays defense when he wants, and has been seriously lacking on the defensive end the past few years. lebron plays hard on offense AND defense. wouldnt this quantify as "wanting it more"?

just because kobe is arrogant, shoots a lot, and will always play heroball at the end of the game doesnt mean "he wants it more". people equate his arrogance, cockiness, and style of play to jordan. that is another reason people always talk of his "killer instinct".

Absolutely!

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 05:35 PM
I can't imagine anyone in Kobe's era beating him 1-1. That is his game.

This. Durant and a few others would prboably win now though. Kobe is way to old.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 05:38 PM

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 05:39 PM

Did i hurt your virgin ears JR?

Money_23
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
this won't turn out well. :laugh2:

SwatTeam
01-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Kobe 1 on 1 during his prime couldn't be beat just like Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

blahblahyoutoo
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM
lebron would "cook" kobe.
lebron is just as quick, but so much stronger. the only thing that kobe has an advantage over lebron is outside shooting.

bucketss
01-17-2013, 06:33 PM

kobe is 205 lbs soaking wet he can't beat guys like lebron or melo hed have a better chance against durant, since durant is usually moving without the ball. plus they're in the same weight class:D #birdchest

Bishnoff
01-17-2013, 06:33 PM

First up:

Kyrie vs Kobe

Great idea. A One-on-One contest would be great to watch.

MickeyMgl
01-17-2013, 06:41 PM

Foot speed doesn't play as big a role in a halfcourt contest as it does in fullcourt. Lebron has great foot speed, but what is needed in the halfcourt is quickness, and Lebron is unexceptional in that area. Size is good, too, and Lebron does have that.

Teeboy1487
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Even right now, I believe Kobe could beat Lebron one on one. Now Durant is another story. I think no one could beat Durant. Too long for quicker players and too quick for bigger players. Combine that with his shooting, impossible to guard.

jerellh528
01-17-2013, 06:56 PM
lebron is just as quick, but so much stronger. the only thing that kobe has an advantage over lebron is outside shooting.

And footwork, and post ups, and handles, and actually the only thing lebron has over kobe offensively is strength and size.

NFLNBA
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Its krazy how so many people hate Kobe. The man is easily the best one on one player ever. You can only compare MJ. Kobe after 17 years would STILL be in any 1 on 1 game with Lebron, Durrant ect His prime like the year he broke 81 pts averaged 35 pts a game and STILL didnt win the MVP tells you the hate he had, and i never understood it. The rape case? his cocky attitude he used to have? mainly because he was the first guy to have comparisons to MJ and was taking MJ's spot which people HATED. Who knows..........all in know for sure is ive watched 3 decades of basketball and i never seen anyone better then Kobe as a 1 on 1 player. Can shoot everywhere, his footwork is insane, great pump fake, best fader, both hands, defense, and his toughness and competitiveness is 2nd to non.

Gonna be a sad day when number 24 ties them up soon.

nickdymez
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM

Cuz your a ****in hater

TmacBryant
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Kobe Bryant was interviewed recently and was asked about going one on one with Tmac and responded "I cooked him" when he was 20 years old Kobe played Tmac 3 times one on one with the last game having the results of "11-2"

Tmac always admitted kobe was the best. Personally I think Tmac was better offensively for 1-2 years, but Kobe was always better when it came to defense.

DaLakerz Rulz
01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
And footwork, and post ups, and handles, and actually the only thing lebron has over kobe offensively is strength and size.

Lebron James is the chosen one. He is unbeatable.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM

i forgot, the only kind of post moves are back to the basket. people dont give lebron enough credit in the post. lebron will have more success posting up kobe than kobe would against lebron. kobe just wouldnt be strong enough to back lebron down.

Beltrans Mole
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Woud love to see Melo vs Durant 1 on 1

Avenged
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM

Great interview with more tidbits

Interviewer: His back bothered him for most of his career.

Kobe: Well, now you know.

:laugh2:

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM

I hope you mean now and not prime vs prime

Sactown
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
I hope you mean now and not prime vs prime

I think Lebron still has an advantage even prime vs prime, Lebron just has so much weight and height on him without giving up a step, and I think it would be to hard to overcome. I think Kobe is a top 10 player for sure all time, but I just have to go with Lebron on this, he's just to physical

jerellh528
01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
i forgot, the only kind of post moves are back to the basket. people dont give lebron enough credit in the post. lebron will have more success posting up kobe than kobe would against lebron. kobe just wouldnt be strong enough to back lebron down.

Its not a knock on lebrons post game, its just a nod to kobe's. He has a much fuller offensive game than lebron. But i do agree lebron could back kobe under the basket. lebron is such a physical beast.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-17-2013, 10:55 PM
I think Lebron still has an advantage even prime vs prime, Lebron just has so much weight and height on him without giving up a step, and I think it would be to hard to overcome. I think Kobe is a top 10 player for sure all time, but I just have to go with Lebron on this, he's just to physical

Lebron does not have the post game or shot making ability to hang with a prime kobe . People live in today's world . I really think everyone has forgotten how great kobe was a few years ago.

Guppyfighter
01-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Lebron does not have the post game or shot making ability to hang with a prime kobe . People live in today's world . I really think everyone has forgotten how great kobe was a few years ago.

lol

nickdymez
01-17-2013, 11:17 PM
lol

Whats so funny?

Ebbs
01-18-2013, 07:38 AM
I'd like 1 on 1 in the ASG. only time I'd care for it

Joshtd1
01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
I would want to see a little man 1 on 1 tourney. Mugsy vs Boykins, Spud vs Nate, Barea vs Patty Mills and so forth

Joshtd1
01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Shame none of the stars would agree to this though, because of the chance of hurting their ego if they lose.

Fresno
01-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Shame none of the stars would agree to this though, because of the chance of hurting their ego if they lose.

Definetly.

How many backyard fights have occured over fouling in a 1 on 1 game?

popo85
01-18-2013, 04:51 PM
That would of been fun to watch, other 1-1 match ups from that era fun would of been
KG VS TD
Iverson vs Marbury
VC vs Kobe
VC vs TMac

Sactown
01-18-2013, 05:00 PM
That would of been fun to watch, other 1-1 match ups from that era fun would of been
KG VS TD
Iverson vs Marbury
VC vs Kobe
VC vs TMac

I'd love to see

Kyrie VS Paul
Kobe vs Wade
Lebron vs KD
Melo vs Lebron
Melo vs KD

Sota4Ever
01-18-2013, 05:05 PM