PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Josh Smith Suspended.

lamzoka
01-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Chris Vivlamore ‏@ajchawks

According to a source, Smith was kicked out of practice Tuesday. #ATLHawks

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN

The Hawks announce they suspended Josh Smith for a game and fined him for conduct detrimental to team.

GrandDaddyPurp
01-16-2013, 12:36 PM
The new DeMarcus Cousins.

Trade rumors in 3..2...

JNoel
01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Gasol for Josh Smith

I Rock Shaqs
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Hmmm Best player on their team gets kicked out, suspended & fined. Aren't they doing good this year too?
He must have whipped his dick out or something.

Super.
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Annnnd he's gonna get traded for sure

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Plus this is Joe's return game. Larry Drew was suppose to make big line-up changes due to the horrible game against the Bulls. Josh might not have liked those changes, and this happened. Well, we have played better as a team without Josh before (beat the Thunder without him), so let's see how well we do tonight with Joe coming back.

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 12:42 PM
He prob just mad about that second worst first half in NBA history/40 point blowout loss vs. the Bulls the other night.

ryder78c
01-16-2013, 12:55 PM
he's gonna get traded watch i just wish my blazers got in on it he'd fit good as are SF

JJ Hickson(S&T),Matthews,Fillers for smith,Stevenson,Harris

Leonard
Aldridge
Smith/Barton
Batum/Stevenson
Lillard/Harris

Hickson
Horford
Matthews
Lou
Teague

not as many big on the east that can shut down Hickson at center

Hellcrooner
01-16-2013, 01:01 PM
what lakers want lakers get.
Wait for the Smith to lakers Pau to Hawks ( or third team, Minnie?) trade.

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM

We trade Smith, we rebuild. Hawks told Lakers no before. Not going to happen. 3rd team, sure, if they have what we want. Ferry doesn't need to trade Smith and his plan is to find a star player. Good luck getting Smith.

Hellcrooner
01-16-2013, 01:16 PM
We trade Smith, we rebuild. Hawks told Lakers no before. Not going to happen. 3rd team, sure, if they have what we want. Ferry doesn't need to trade Smith and his plan is to find a star player. Good luck getting Smith.

I dont want him , he is overrated as hell but lakers Fo wants him.
Oh and yes ferry NEEDS to trade him or get nothing in return when he walks in the offseason to probably Dallas.

I can see the Wolves giving you One out of Barea and ridnour, Derrick williams a pick and a salary filler.

JasonJohnHorn
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Anybody know what Smith did?

I hate when players get suspended and nobody says why. What did Smith say/do? What did DMC say to get suspended for several games?

Hellcrooner
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Could see memphis offering you Randolph too in a three way.

Gritz
01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Lakers better trade for him if they want to keep Dwight

ManRam
01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Well, he should have been traded anyways...maybe this makes the front office see that far more clearly.

KniCks4LiFe
01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Houston, LAL or Memphis.

LeperMessiah
01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
great fantasy news.

Stinkyoutsider
01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Not surprised this happened. Smith has always been a good competitor and I know the loss to the Bulls affected him. With what he's gone through in Atlanta these last few years (with not being in position to make a serious run at a title), he's going off.

I don't think things will improve too much this year for the Hawks so I think Smith will leave. He wants to win a title and I see the Hawks rebuilding for another year or 2....

SB75
01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
You guys are funny.....

Read the entire report! Josh is not being traded. He was upset and went off about how the team played and he should have. He and Ferry have already talked and Josh said he understood and was ready to move forward.

And we have not played better without him.....

MiamiBoy77
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Why would they trade smith? If they have any chance at Dwight they should probably keep one of his best friends

njnets
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
im fine with it. the nets play the hawks tonight. nets chancing of winning just went up. :clap:

PleaseBeNice
01-16-2013, 03:07 PM
watch out he's a cancer!!

Chronz
01-16-2013, 03:11 PM

Better find that 3rd team because Atlanta doesn't want to pay Pau. They would rather take their chances playing the waiting game.

Fresno
01-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Why would they trade smith? If they have any chance at Dwight they should probably keep one of his best friends

They have no chance at Dwight and Josh Smith will either have to be overpaid by Atlanta or he will leave for another large contract from a team like Dallas or Houston.

Either pay Josh Smith the MAX available to him at $16 Million per year(5 Years, $80 Million) and be stuck with another Joe Johnson situation with a star who isn't a superstar or leader just to compete for the Playoffs or trade him now. Actually Joe was better considering he can actually score while Smith is strictly a defensive player with poor decision making on offense.

If Atlanta is only willing to do $14 Million per year(a fair figure for Smith) then that is the same contract he can get from Dallas or Houston who can afford to overpay him just to bring another star player in.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Nets will win again tonight and only be a game out of the Atlantic

rurichie
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Any chance Hawks and Danny Ferry interested in dealing with the nets again?!

reffahead
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Not surprised this happened. Smith has always been a good competitor and I know the loss to the Bulls affected him. With what he's gone through in Atlanta these last few years (with not being in position to make a serious run at a title), he's going off.

I don't think things will improve too much this year for the Hawks so I think Smith will leave. He wants to win a title and I see the Hawks rebuilding for another year or 2....

Pretty much this. The hawks scored 20 first half points. If other blow ups happens with him later on than the writing is on the wall. He had a blow up with Mike Woodson a few years back and he came back and performed afterwards.

KniCks4LiFe
01-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Any chance Hawks and Danny Ferry interested in dealing with the nets again?!

doubt it, but I think he's getting traded. Josh Smith and his agent have requested to talk to Danny Ferry.

Josh Smith's agent spoke with Danny Ferry on Wednesday to discuss his client's "frustration" with the Atlanta Hawks' recent spiral.

"As far as moving forward and whatever changes will be made, that's more so management's job to field those calls and make the decisions they feel like are best to move forward," Smith's agent, Wallace Prather, told CBSSports.com.

Prather stopped short of requesting a trade.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

The Hawks have conducted trade talks centered on Smith with multiple teams, according to NBA executives.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

Among the teams that would appeal to Smith are Dallas, Houston and Memphis, a league source told CBSSports.com. The Grizzlies, in the midst of establishing the value of Rudy Gay on the trade market in the face of massive luxury tax bills on the horizon, are not among the teams that have spoken with the Hawks about Smith, one of the sources said. Despite owner Mark Cuban's comment this week that "the bank of Cuban is open," the Mavs also have not yet expressed interest in trading for Smith, another source said.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey said on Twitter this week that Houston would be "likely more stable than in the past" as the Feb. 21 trade deadline approaches.

"I want to be clear that I'm not pushing a trade," Prather said. "This is not a trade request or anything, but there are frustrations in Atlanta."
(source) (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/21563892/agent-for-hawks-smith-speaks-with-ferry-stops-short-of-trade-request)

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2013, 09:47 PM
And we have not played better without him.....

We have been 3-7 with him the last 10 games. Without him, we are up 16 on a team that has been 9-1 the last 10 games. Smith is our best player, but our team plays more together without him. Horford steps up. Teague steps up.

tapajafri
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Trade him to some bum team where he can rot

tapajafri
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
The new DeMarcus Cousins.

Trade rumors in 3..2...

The difference is Demarcus actually cares about winning and is in a bad situation with a bad team and no leadership, which brings out his frustration and antics. Josh Smith on the other hand, has been to the playoffs and shouldn't be complaining, yet he's pulling some crap.

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Hawks up 26 on a Nets team that has been 9-1 the last 10 games. So are we better without Smith as a team?