PDA

View Full Version : Jennings talks about Kobe's defense

Longhornfan1234
01-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Brandon Jennings on Kobe tonight: "Probably the best defense anybody's played on me since I've been in the league."

Quote:
More Jennings on @kobebryant: "For the whole game, I don't think I've ever seen a guard put that much pressure on a point guard full-court."

I thought Kobe wasn't a good defender? :facepalm:

LakersIn5
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
kobe is an elite defender if he wants to defend

DanG
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
That was a very good move by D'Antoni.

I actually want Clark to start even if Pau comes back because the defense looks much better with him.

kntresistheheat
01-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Well, buckle up Kobe. You got to guard wade or bron next. :)

DanG
01-16-2013, 08:52 AM

easy money

AIRMAR72
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
easy money

we'll see about kobe stoping wade or bron but to honest jenning is NOT elite the guy is predictable and goes direction at full speed even tho kobe played solid aginst kyrie(kyrie is playing under the weather) the man is not at full strength

ManRam
01-16-2013, 10:01 AM
I mean, he has been awful for the entirety of this season. I didn't watch that game, so I can't comment on that.

It is probably effort though. If he buckles down he still should be great.

BKLYNpigeon
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Brandon Jennings on Kobe tonight: "Probably the best defense anybody's played on me since I've been in the league."

Quote:
More Jennings on @kobebryant: "For the whole game, I don't think I've ever seen a guard put that much pressure on a point guard full-court."

Dude, who cares? everyone knows Kobe is good at Defense. some people just make fun of it because they dont like him.

you get a :facepalm: for making this dumb thread.

DodgerBlue22
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
good luck sustaining that effort for 40 more games and playoffs when your also needed to score 30+ a night. This wont last

Longhornfan1234
01-16-2013, 10:43 AM

Guarding Wade is easy. Wade can't blow by anyone anymore. LeBron is too much for Kobe.

Missing56&33
01-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I just wanted to see the start of this game but ended up watching until end of the 4th.

Kobe came out very aggressive on def...he took BJ completely out of his game...which disrupted the Bucks offense.

Ive watched the Lakers some this season and think they are better off without Gasol
..they have to deal him. Howard played much better than he has been lately.

NFLNBA
01-16-2013, 10:45 AM

Wade is easy, he will prob be benched anyway but Wade has fallen as fast as Gasol. Lebron is unguardable. Just need to not let anyone else beat you against the Heat and thats what teams are doing now and its working.

ManRam
01-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Wade is easy, he will prob be benched anyway but Wade has fallen as fast as Gasol. Lebron is unguardable. Just need to not let anyone else beat you against the Heat and thats what teams are doing now and its working.

Haha.

Wade hasn't been his normal top 3-5 player self, but he's still been a top 10 player this year. 20-4-5 on 50% shooting with a 22.49 PER. Yeah...he's been fine.

Sly Guy
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
kobe still has all the tools to be a complete player. I just think he's too old to put that kind of effor in on both ends for a full game.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
lol.... this thread is funny.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Haha.

Wade hasn't been his normal top 3-5 player self, but he's still been a top 10 player this year. 20-4-5 on 50% shooting with a 22.49 PER. Yeah...he's been fine.

Why did he get benched in the 4th? Why bench a "top 10" player in the league in the 4th quarter of a close game?

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 11:35 AM
hopefully kobe tries to guard LeBron all game long. :)

whitemamba33
01-16-2013, 11:37 AM
It wasn't just last night. Kobe shut down Kyrie against Cleveland on Sunday night. He's taking it upon himself to be the defensive stopper on this team.

If you are a Lakers fan the last two wins have been very encouraging. They are finding a way to get Dwight the ball without having him to back his man down in the post, Steve Nash is controlling the offense very well, Kobe is shooting very well, and they are finally holding teams under 100 points.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 11:40 AM
hopefully kobe tries to guard LeBron all game long. :)

Hopefully Lebron tries to guard kobe :)

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 11:47 AM

i think he did during the cleveland days, hence why the cavaliers always won. :)

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 12:00 PM
i think he did during the cleveland days, hence why the cavaliers always won. :)

Please dont make me look up Kobes numbers bro

ManRam
01-16-2013, 12:19 PM

No! God forbid you back up an argument! With numbers too?!?!

justinnum1
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Haha.

Please stop. Facts and logical thinking are prohibited in this thread.

lol!

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 12:24 PM

... go on ahead?

kobe is good, an a phenomenal player, but hes no durant or melo.
so lets stop pretending.

bottom line is if lebron guards kobe, and kobe guards lebron on thursday,

we all know lebron is gonna get the better end of it. Simple as that. sorry if that hurts your feelings.

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Easy **** for Lebron.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
... go on ahead?

so lets stop pretending.

we all know lebron is gonna get the better end of it. Simple as that. sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Are any of the players you mentioned leading the leage in scoring while shooting over 50%??? I'll wait...

Gritz
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
It was embarrassing, you play defense like that against high school and pick up basketball players because they have no handles and only can go one way.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 12:42 PM

You gonna answer my question? Or do you only want to talk about advanced stats

Chronz
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Why did he get benched in the 4th? Why bench a "top 10" player in the league in the 4th quarter of a close game?

Because its in the best interest of the team. Its happened with CP3, are you really that stupid that you would claim an MVP candidate isnt a top player because of that benching?

I mean you Nickdymez and all but even that is tooooooooo low, even for the likes of you

Chronz
01-16-2013, 12:50 PM

Dont make me look up Kobe's numbers with LeBron on him

Chronz
01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
You gonna answer my question? Or do you only want to talk about advanced stats
You never answer mine, but it seems this post has done it for you.

LMFAO Advanced stats are more advanced versions of the stats your threatening to look up.

So yea look up whatever the **** you want, chances are its going to be immensely more flawed analysis considering your stuck in the stone age.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
You never answer mine, but it seems this post has done it for you.

LMFAO Advanced stats are more advanced versions of the stats your threatening to look up.

So yea look up whatever the **** you want, chances are its going to be immensely more flawed analysis considering your stuck in the stone age.

Didnt i tell you to run along?

stephkyle7
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Kobe was never

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Are any of the players you mentioned leading the leage in scoring while shooting over 50%??? I'll wait...

Sorry but nobody gives two ***** about numbers like PPG but ignorant Lakers fans. KD is much better than Kobe at pretty much everything and is basically a giant humble Kobe who can shoot 3's rebound and play D. Kobe's shooting below 48% btw so before you go saying random **** like a typical Lakers fan maybe you could actually check his stats first. KD is so much better than Kobe on each side of the floor plus he's humble where Kobe calls out his teammates as the reason for losing games. I'd take Melo over him any day in the world as well.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Because its in the best interest of the team. Its happened with CP3, are you really that stupid that you would claim an MVP candidate isnt a top player because of that benching?

I mean you Nickdymez and all but even that is tooooooooo low, even for the likes of you

lmfao!! The best interest of the team to sit a top 10 player?? hahahahahhaha

ManRam
01-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Nicki isn't looking up anything.

He just says **** without any semblance of an argument or logic, makes fun of you/laughs at you when you disagree, and then expects people to believe and agree with him.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 12:56 PM

so 47.8 is apparently above 50%? amazing.
what other stuff you have cooking in that brain of yours.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
lol.. this is too funny.

ManRam
01-16-2013, 12:59 PM

The team, with primarily the bench players out there, made a huge run late in the game. Spo continued to play the hot hands. Like Chronz pointed out with Paul, this isn't unprecedented. Melo has been benched in 4th quarters. Dwight has on occasion. Rose was last year. Mike Brown benched Kobe in the 4th a few times last year...Kobe even *****ed about it.

Are all those players not top 10 players because they were benched ONCE in a 4th quarter?

Get out of here...

Chronz
01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Didnt i tell you to run along?
Yea but your nickdymez.

Ignoring the point made about Chris Paul?

LMFAO DYMZING

Chronz
01-16-2013, 01:01 PM
The team, with primarily the bench players out there, made a huge run late in the game. Spo continued to play the hot hands. Like Chronz pointed out with Paul, this isn't unprecedented. Melo has been benched in 4th quarters. Dwight has on occasion. Rose was last year. Mike Brown benched Kobe in the 4th a few times last year...Kobe even *****ed about it.

Are all those players not top 10 players because they were benched ONCE in a 4th quarter?

Get out of here...

LMFAO!! STATS??? !!

Prepping you for the post, be ready for his onslaught of wisdom

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 01:01 PM
so 47.8 is apparently above 50%? amazing.
what other stuff you have cooking in that brain of yours.

Hahahaha this is what I was saying this kid just saying random ****.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:02 PM

Get out of here...

Stop pretending like you watch Laker games. I dont remeber Kobe sitting an entire 4th quarter.. Of a close game

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:03 PM
LMFAO!! STATS??? !!

Prepping you for the post, be ready for his onslaught of wisdom

Makes so much sense to sit the second best player on the team.. You guys are jokes. Usually if your bench brings you back, you put the starters back in. Wade saw NO time in the 4th.

Chronz
01-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Nicki isn't looking up anything.

He just says **** without any semblance of an argument or logic, makes fun of you/laughs at you when you disagree, and then expects people to believe and agree with him.

Agreed, he doesn't even look up facts revolving his favorite player (Duncan)

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Stop pretending like you watch Laker games. I dont remeber Kobe sitting an entire 4th quarter..

Getting benched in the 4th doesn't even matter. Lebron gets benched in 4th and he ***** on Kobe day and day out.

Gritz
01-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Soo much profanity

Chronz
01-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Makes so much sense to sit the second best player.. Your guys are jokes. Usually, if your bench brings you back, you put the starters back in. Wade so NO time in the 4th.

CP3 is our best player and we benched him a few times over the years. Im sure its happened to Kobe at least once. It happens, why are you trying to turn mountains out of mole hills? Do you hate Wade that much?

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Getting benched in the 4th doesn't even matter. Lebron gets benched in 4th and he ***** on Kobe day and day out.

Damn!! your trying hard to get my attention aren't you.. Ok, hey there buddy!!

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
CP3 is our best player and we benched him a few times over the years. Im sure its happened to Kobe at least once. It happens, why are you trying to turn mountains out of mole hills? Do you hate Wade that much?

Love Wade

ManRam
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Stop pretending like you watch Laker games. I dont remeber Kobe sitting an entire 4th quarter..

It wasn't an entire 4th...didn't say it was. It still was a crucial part of the game, a game in which he played poorly, and Brown put in the lineup he felt was best.

My point stands.

Stars, of all kinds, have bad games. Stars, of all kinds, get benched. Wade got benched for ONE FOURTH QUARTER, and you are using it as an indictment of his entire game. That is ridiculous. I don't single out the single worst game or worst moment of a player and use that to prove anything. It's an anomaly.

Again, I don't know why I bother with you. It's like arguing with a 4 year old about Santa Clause...you're never going to change you mind or ever think rationally about certain things.

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:09 PM
It wasn't an entire 4th...didn't say it was. It still was a crucial part of the game, a game in which he played poorly, and Brown put in the lineup he felt was best.

My point stands.

Stars, of all kinds, have bad games. Stars, of all kinds, get benched. Wade got benched for ONE FOURTH QUARTER, and you are using it as an indictment of his entire game. That is ridiculous. I don't single out the single worst game or worst moment of a player and use that to prove anything. It's an anomaly.

Again, I don't know why I bother with you. It's like arguing with a 4 year old about Santa Clause...you're never going to change you mind or ever think rationally about certain things.

Stop wasting your time. Only reason I get into with you guys is because I seem to hurt your feelings all the time. Just pretend like im not here..

Chronz
01-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Love Wade

Just like you love Duncan ehh

ManRam
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Stop wasting your time. Only reason I get into with you guys is because I seem to hurt your feelings all the time. Just pretend like im not here..

Indeed, you are a phenomenal troll!

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Indeed, you are a phenomenal troll!

lol@ name calling. Im sorry I made you so mad

nickdymez
01-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Just like you love Duncan ehh

No

el hidalgo
01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
is it confirmed nickdymez is a troll?

and chronz, can you post kobe's stats with lebron guarding him? i dont know where to find it, but that sounds interesting.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Wade :yawn: Lebron :ohno:

tredigs
01-16-2013, 01:29 PM
lol@ name calling. Im sorry I made you so mad

He called a spade a spade. You said you trolled, he acknowledged it.

But concerning this kids other point, why are you two bothering to respond with a real argument? He is clearly a basketball infant + homer + baiter, this shouldn't concern your time. He can't comprehend or be bothered with any rational debate, hence the brushing aside of the comments.

@ the OP (also often clueless to what's going on, so I'll help him out), Kobe has indeed been terrible defensively all year. I don't think there's a true fan/scout who would tell you differently, but D'Antoni asked him to step up and start taking on the opposing teams best offensive guard (based on his defensive shutdown a couple nights ago for a stretch), and Kobe accepted. Actually not only did he accept, but he played great on both ends; played both ways, and they won. Imagine that.

Can he keep it up on both ends? Doubtful, but he's Kobe, so I can't say I'd be surprised.

el hidalgo
01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
moreso, who cares what brandon jennings says? he is garbage. the dude shoots 40.8%. id HOPE kobe can guard an extremely undersized SG who can't pass. not impressed at all.

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Damn!! your trying hard to get my attention aren't you.. Ok, hey there buddy!!

Sup man how the Lakers doin

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
... go on ahead?

so lets stop pretending.

On nooo!! A prime sf/pf getting the better of a 17 year vet. Say I ain't so.

Stinkyoutsider
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
This doesn't surprise me because Kobe has always been good at defending smaller players. I remember back to when Kobe was put on Allen Iverson and did a good job on him...

What I want to see is how Kobe handles guarding a guy who works from the post and is bigger.

LA4life24/8
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
the thing i find funniest about all of this is... all the kobe haters are comparing kobe to the likes of lebron and durant and melo, these guys are at least 6-7 years younger than kobe and in their primes (durant is almost there) kobe is old guys and is leading the league in scoring, when they are 34 we shall see how good they and there teams are, kobe in his 17th season is holding his own against some of the worlds best ATHLETES in durant and lebron, not to mention the fact that they are both at least 3 inches taller than kobe, does anyone not remember that? if kobe was 6"11 like durant sure kobe could shoot over anyone in the league (still) because at 6'6 he used to be able to do it when he was young

Teeboy1487
01-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Kobe has done a terrific job guarding the best guards on opposing teams lately. I am certain he will be guarding Wade and Ray Allen Thursday. Lebron will probably see Metta and Clark most of the time. It was said Kobe wants to may it difficult on the best guards on the opposing teams. The forwards will be guarded by Metta or Clark. Just to get that out there for all the girls bickering in this thread.

LA4life24/8
01-16-2013, 02:08 PM

exactly! no one can stop lebron? at all... so why are people so stoked that kobe cant completely shut him down? stupid heat fans... all you have to do is shut every other person on the heat down (pretty easy considering) and let lebron have his game, 1 dude is not gonna beat 5 many games *see 05'-06' kobe* lebron isnt that great of a scorer he needs his teammates taking pressure off of him to get his easiest looks, if we lock down everyone but lebron and let the likes of MWP and maybe clark just beat on lebron all game, they can def be beat

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 02:36 PM
exactly! no one can stop lebron? at all... so why are people so stoked that kobe cant completely shut him down? stupid heat fans... all you have to do is shut every other person on the heat down (pretty easy considering) and let lebron have his game, 1 dude is not gonna beat 5 many games *see 05'-06' kobe* lebron isnt that great of a scorer he needs his teammates taking pressure off of him to get his easiest looks, if we lock down everyone but lebron and let the likes of MWP and maybe clark just beat on lebron all game, they can def be beat

Why is a Lakers fan dissing Heat fans when Lakers fans are clearly the minority.

still1ballin
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
haters gon' hate

lakers4sho
01-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Captain crunchtime colby bb gun she says stop should i stop brian aka the black mamba the gratest aka my sigpic

Lakers + Giants
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Sup man how the Lakers doin

2-0 vs the dubs :D

Ashby
01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
The minority in what? Just curious because I couldn't follow what you were referring to.

Why is a Lakers fan dissing Heat fans when Lakers fans are clearly the minority.

whitemamba33
01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Captain crunchtime colby bb gun she says stop should i stop brian aka the black mamba the gratest aka my sigpic

Lakers fans embarrass me

TheMoneyTeam
01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
That was a very good move by D'Antoni.

I actually want Clark to start even if Pau comes back because the defense looks much better with him.

It had nothing to do with D'Antoni. Have you followed the Lakers the past 13 years? Bryant takes it upon himself when the team needs a spark/crucial win to guard the opponents best 1 or 3.

Ashby
01-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Lakers fans embarrass me

I thought it was a pretty creative string of words. Made me chuckle a little. "she says stop should i stop" LOL

RaiderLakersA's
01-16-2013, 03:02 PM
It will be fun to see who is guarding LBJ after he has as much mileage on his body as Kobe currently does. How many more years do I have to wait for that?

Lakers + Giants
01-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Lakers fans embarrass me

It was a joke, calm down.

#*********

still1ballin
01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Lakers fans embarrass me

then don't watch

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 03:08 PM

umm i wasnt the one that brought it up. why would you even comment on it? lol typical.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2013, 03:09 PM
exactly! No one can stop lebron? At all... So why are people so stoked that kobe cant completely shut him down? Stupid heat fans... All you have to do is shut every other person on the heat down (pretty easy considering) and let lebron have his game, 1 dude is not gonna beat 5 many games *see 05'-06' kobe* lebron isnt that great of a scorer he needs his teammates taking pressure off of him to get his easiest looks, if we lock down everyone but lebron and let the likes of mwp and maybe clark just beat on lebron all game, they can def be beat

lol!

shep33
01-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Kobe's defense overall this year has been bad. Last few games it's been great. The problem is he can be one of the best defensive players in the NBA. He just chooses not to.

Maybe its because he's 400 years old though

Chronz
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Kobe is too old for this ****

mp3
01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
For once I wish the Lakers could get a nice lead in the 4th and let Kobe sit the rest of the game...

Money_23
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Sorry but nobody gives two ***** about numbers like PPG but ignorant Lakers fans. KD is much better than Kobe at pretty much everything and is basically a giant humble Kobe who can shoot 3's rebound and play D. Kobe's shooting below 48% btw so before you go saying random **** like a typical Lakers fan maybe you could actually check his stats first. KD is so much better than Kobe on each side of the floor plus he's humble where Kobe calls out his teammates as the reason for losing games. I'd take Melo over him any day in the world as well.

Durant's a better scorer and rebounder, that's about it.

bluefire7002
01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
is it confirmed nickdymez is a troll?

Lol the irony.

bluefire7002
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
moreso, who cares what brandon jennings says? he is garbage. the dude shoots 40.8%. id HOPE kobe can guard an extremely undersized SG who can't pass. not impressed at all.

Pretty sure Jennings was playing pg, and Ellis was playing SG last night.

Bruno
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I mean, he has been awful for the entirety of this season. I didn't watch that game, so I can't comment on that.

no he hasn't. i've watched every game this season manram- trust me.

for the start of the season Kobe was playing the best defense ive seen him play since 2009 or 2010. it was visually noticeable, and i was a bit surprises that he looked so quick (dropping into the 180s helped a lot).

here's what happened- when dwight went out with the torn labrum, Kobe attempted to free-saftey (in overdrive) in the hopes of stabilizing the defense. it didn't work, he was exposed blatantly on a half-dozen plays and people started to notice. Since Dwight has come back, Kobe has had all nba defender quality games against Irving and Jennings.

I really like the idea of Kobe as a defensive hugger, opposed to the safety (so long as his minutes are monitored and other pull their weight on the offensive end). but with that being said- he was having a solid defensive year before the dwight injury; he had a few bad games and that was it.

Jennings hit a 3 with an and one against Kobe last night. without that bucket, jennings would have been held to 8 points. i'm liking what i'm seeing, but James Harden Russell Westbrook and CHris Paul will serve as his ultimate tests in this role as the season plays out. my gut tells me hes just not fast enough for westbrook but he was just great against two fast guards so well see what happens- he's full of surprises.

Money_23
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM

for the start of the season Kobe was playing the best defense ive seen him play since 2009 or 2010. it was visually noticeable, and i was a bit surprises that he looked so quick (dropping into the 180s helped a lot).

here's what happened- when dwight went out with the torn labrum, Kobe attempted to free-saftey (in overdrive) in the hopes of stabilizing the defense. it didn't work, he was exposed blatantly on a half-dozen plays and people started to notice. Since Dwight has come back, Kobe has had all nba defender quality games against Irving and Jennings.

I really like the idea of Kobe as a defensive hugger, opposed to the safety (so long as his minutes are monitored and other pull their weight on the offensive end). but with that being said- he was having a solid defensive year before the dwight injury; he had a few bad games and that was it.

Jennings hit a 3 with an and one against Kobe last night. without that bucket, jennings would have been held to 8 points. i'm liking what i'm seeing, but James Harden Russell Westbrook and CHris Paul will serve as his ultimate tests in this role as the season plays out. my gut tells me hes just not fast enough for westbrook but he was just great against two fast guards so well see what happens- he's full of surprises.

+1

still1ballin
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM

He may be, but you gotta give credit to the guy. Taking a difficult task in his 17th season, while putting up numbers on the offensive side. You can't deny his will to win. Give credit where credit is due.

Bruno
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
he's channeling his inner Fro-be.

ManRam
01-16-2013, 04:19 PM

Everyone around the organization has been critical of his defense. I've only watched him 5 or so times (entire games, that is), and wasn't impressed. Many fans in your own forum (obviously most aren't as intelligent as you) have been lambasting his defense all year.

I'll take your word for it though, because you should and do know better than me. It just contradicts a lot of what I've heard. I don't have the Synergy stats at my fingertips right now, but sifting through them maybe two weeks ago and he was having a down year, and drastically so.

There were talks the other day, from respectable columnists, about whether or not that back court defensive tandem was the worst in the NBA.

However, recently (see: Kyrie, see: Paul, see: Jennings) his defense has seemingly improved, perhaps a lot because D'Antoni has shifted him to smaller guards rather than bigger guards (ie, PGs instead of SGs).

Perhaps I was being too harsh, but up until recently no one was praising his defense...be it people around the Lakers, Lakers fans, or pundits/fans looking from afar.

Saad
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
There are some weird posts in this thread. All I have to say is that: Give Kobe credit for having a pretty damn good game on both ends of the floor last night + the win. Secondly WHO CARES IF DURANT IS BETTER THAN KOBE. Stop being so butthurt about it. Its the truth, and its hard to hear but deal with it. Kobe isnt a 26 year old any more. Thirdly, of course Lebron is gonna destroy Kobe, hes the best player and the most unstoppable player. He is going to get his numbers no matter what.

TrueFan420
01-16-2013, 04:24 PM

First of all just cause Lebron plays pf at times that doesn't make him one. Second yes it's obvious that Lebron is much younger and Kobe wont be able to best Lebron but in his prime he wouldn't either.

rickshaw
01-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Durant's a better scorer and rebounder, that's about it.

What makes Durant a better rebounder? Career: Durant 6.7 per game, Lebron 7.2. Last 3 years: Durant 7.4, Lebron 7.8. And Lebron beats him by a little in per36 and Reb%.

Bruno
01-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Everyone around the organization has been critical of his defense. I've only watched him 5 or so times (entire games, that is), and wasn't impressed. Many fans in your own forum (obviously most aren't as intelligent as you) have been lambasting his defense all year.
You're right. important to note- that nearly all of this criticism came when dwight was injured (when kobe legitimately did have a few poor defensive outings where he was unable to adjust; the whole teams defense was terrible in those games as well).

I'll take your word for it though, because you should and do know better than me. It just contradicts a lot of what I've heard. I don't have the Synergy stats at my fingertips right now, but sifting through them maybe two weeks ago and he was having a down year, and drastically so. Neither do I, I'd be interested in giving them a look over too. i'm gong strictly off what ive seen with my eyes so id be interested in the numbers to get a broader look at things.

There were talks the other day, from respectable columnists, about whether or not that back court defensive tandem was the worst in the NBA. i'm sure there are several less recognizable ones that are just as bad or worse. i missed those articles though- anything i should look up?

However, recently (see: Kyrie, see: Paul, see: Jennings) his defense has seemingly improved, perhaps a lot because D'Antoni has shifted him to smaller guards rather than bigger guards (ie, PGs instead of SGs). the whole thing is just so weird. i think coach recognized that he needs to give him an important assignment to keep him honest defensively (i think it might have been Nahes idea actually, to play into Kobes ego). As in, if Kobe is given an important defensive assignment- he's going to play honest defense and he's gona give it what he's got. at the same time, Kobe will be expending a lot of energy, and be forced to take it a bit more easy on offense; which will create a better offensive balance for the team. I'm giving coach credit, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was Nahes idea. Nash talks about Kobes defense a bit down here- i also read an article where nash said kobe can still play fantastic defense, but that minute management will play a key role night in and night out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc1kJ5Ls_s

Perhaps I was being too harsh, but up until recently no one was praising his defense...be it people around the Lakers, Lakers fans, or pundits/fans looking from afar. you're right. i'd argue that they just weren't paying attention to him individually. when the whole team is doing poor defensively, it's rare for any individual to be called out for great defense. hell, you could apply that logic to Howard this year too (since he's been good- despite his physically limiting back situation; dude isn't even in contention for DPOY).

Iron24th
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM

Wade is easy to guard and Kobe had often been the winner in their matchups, but Lebron is almost impossible to guard except he has a bad night.

SirSkyHook
01-16-2013, 04:43 PM
First of all just cause Lebron plays pf at times that doesn't make him one. Second yes it's obvious that Lebron is much younger and Kobe wont be able to best Lebron but in his prime he wouldn't either.

Them bees fighting words lol

Bruno
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Wade is easy to guard and Kobe had often been the winner in their matchups, but Lebron is almost impossible to guard except he has a bad night.

lakers would be smart to just have artest hound james. james will still go off and have a big night, but hound him. throw kobe and wade, that'll be just fine.

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
2-0 vs the dubs :D

Ok. Can I ask how your a lakers fan and a giants fan it just doesn't make sense to me. Also season series don't matter Dubs haven't gone on a 6 game losing streak lmao xD

blahblahyoutoo
01-16-2013, 04:55 PM

artest usually guards bron bron.

Matter.
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
artest usually guards bron bron.

Thank you for pointing that out. Kobe is only going to guard wade or probably allen... Clark and Metta would probably guard Lebron Tomorrow...

Hawkeye15
01-16-2013, 05:11 PM

exactly. With his mileage, and need on offense, he doesn't routinely put in the effort on defense. But when he wants to, he absolutely can shut someone down.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2013, 05:14 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=jamesle01

you were saying?

Fired-Up
01-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Kobe Bryant at age 34 with all the minutes cannot play 40 minutes a game. Put as much energy on offense as he does and then have the stamina to play lockdown Defense. I'd say his defensive issues the past few years can be chalked up to minutes. Would Duncan be playing lockdown D with 40 minutes per game? No, but he is with 30.

b@llhog24
01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
He's always been a good/great defender. It's just that other perimeter players have played better D than him over his career so people call him overrated.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
He's always been a good/great defender. It's just that other perimeter players have played better D than him over his career so people call him overrated.

exactly. Kobe making 1st team all defense yearly, when many of those years there were simply better perimeter defenders not making it due to him, is why so many call Kobe an overrated defender as a whole.

shep33
01-16-2013, 06:31 PM

This basically.

thenaj17
01-16-2013, 06:48 PM

Sorry Bruno i have to disagree. I've watched all Laker games this season and at least 3/5 times there is a blown switch/coverage, it's been Kobe. I could count at least 25 times this season, Kobe's man has had an open 3, layup or dunk just because Kobe stopped. Dwight even shoyted at Kobe during a game and called him out in the press (not sure who Dwight's PR guy is, maybe Shaq's old 1 he's that disrespectful)

Kobe is a terrible off ball defender unless he's fully engaged and has been the case 3/4 years minimum. This may be due to tiredness as Brown and now Mike D seem incapable of resting Kobe sufficiently. The last 3/4 games Kobe has been good defensively but let's not get carried away.

Andrew32
01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Great.
Thanks to this one game and the "media campaign" Kobe will probably make the All-D 1st team again.
:o

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2013, 08:06 PM

This the correct answer. He has been terrible on the defensive side this year but he still has the ability to be a very good on the ball defender when he puts effort into it

ManRam
01-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry Bruno i have to disagree. I've watched all Laker games this season and at least 3/5 times there is a blown switch/coverage, it's been Kobe. I could count at least 25 times this season, Kobe's man has had an open 3, layup or dunk just because Kobe stopped. Dwight even shoyted at Kobe during a game and called him out in the press (not sure who Dwight's PR guy is, maybe Shaq's old 1 he's that disrespectful)

Kobe is a terrible off ball defender unless he's fully engaged and has been the case 3/4 years minimum. This may be due to tiredness as Brown and now Mike D seem incapable of resting Kobe sufficiently. The last 3/4 games Kobe has been good defensively but let's not get carried away.

Reading around (Lakers blogs, sifting through tweets, news articles, etc.) after Bruno's post and my retort...and this is the picture I've seen painted as well. Except until recently...where he's been guarding smaller guards and thus has seen more success.

JJ_JKidd
01-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:

Quote:

No he isnt a good defender at all. His multiple Defensive Team selections are all just a fluke :confused:

Bruno
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM

i disagree with your 3/5ths projection. there are so many holes in the lakers defense, no way is one person responsible for 60% of the failed assignments on switches, let alone kobe individually.

you mention him getting beaten 25 times throughout the course of the season. i have no problem with that projection, in fact it's probably more like 35-40 times at this point but thats only once or 1.3 times per game. that's not that bad, everyone gets beat every game at least once.

in regards to dwight getting on kobes case- that has happened, ive seen it. but thats good communication, and kobes willingness to have that conversation on the court means that he's at least listening to his big fella. i maintain that kobes defense has been the best it's been since the early going of the 2009-2010 campaign. and yes, minutes and injuries took a toll on his defense from 2010-2012 :shrug:

Great.
Thanks to this one game and the "media campaign" Kobe will probably make the All-D 1st team again.
:o
two games, get it right andrew ;)

LA_Raiders
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
He is a great defender, too bad he has soft team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-16-2013, 08:49 PM

:facepalm:

Lakers + Giants
01-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Ok. Can I ask how your a lakers fan and a giants fan it just doesn't make sense to me. Also season series don't matter Dubs haven't gone on a 6 game losing streak lmao xD

Why can't I be an SF giants fan? Because I live in LA/So cal? I'm free to be a fan of whichever team I want no matter where I live. It's stupid when ppl belive fans can only be associated with teams near where they live, that makes no ****in sense. I've just always hated the dodgers and angels growing up and was a huge barry bonds fan as a kid, that's how I became a Giants fan. BTW I was joking about the warriors, obviously I wouldn't be talkin **** about being 2-0 against the dubs when you guys are playing great right now and have a much better than us. I was just messin around.

ThaDubs
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Why can't I be an SF giants fan? Because I live in LA/So cal? I'm free to be a fan of whichever team I want no matter where I live. It's stupid when ppl belive fans can only be associated with teams near where they live, that makes no ****in sense. I've just always hated the dodgers and angels growing up and was a huge barry bonds fan as a kid, that's how I became a Giants fan. BTW I was joking about the warriors, obviously I wouldn't be talkin **** about being 2-0 against the dubs when you guys are playing great right now and have a much better than us. I was just messin around.

Sorry bro its hard to sense sarcasm over the internet for me lol.

nbaeinstein
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Kobe will burn down if he is to guard opposition's top perimeter player each night
nbaeinstein.com

jerellh528
01-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Dang, what Kobe has been able to do after all his career minutes, games, and postseason games is so astonishing to me. There has never been another player in NBA history to play at this high of a level after so many minutes. To even be compared to guys like lebron and durant who are around a decade younger than kobe at this point in his career is a testament to the will and dedication of Kobe's play. I would like to see who else can sustain this top 5 player type of production after playing the same amount of minutes as kobe. No one ever has and maybe nobody ever will. Mad props.

nickdymez
01-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Dang, what Kobe has been able to do after all his career minutes, games, and postseason games is so astonishing to me. There has never been another player in NBA history to play at this high of a level after so many minutes. To even be compared to guys like lebron and durant who are around a decade younger than kobe at this point in his career is a testament to the will and dedication of Kobe's play. I would like to see who else can sustain this top 5 player type of production after playing the same amount of minutes as kobe. No one ever has and maybe nobody ever will. Mad props.

THIS! Finally someone who speaks the truth and isnt blinded by shear hate. The reason why I am the way I am on this site is because so many people (Chronz, Manram, andrew32, just, Hawk, to name a few) go out of their way to hate on kobe, when in fact they will never see another NBA player play at such a high level this late in their career. Just think about all the athletes that came strait out of high school around the time Kobe did. Now ask yourself, where are they?

jerellh528
01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
THIS! Finally someone who speaks the truth and isnt blinded by shear hate. The reason why I am the way I am on this site is because so many people (Chronz, Manram, andrew32, just, Hawk, to name a few) go out of their way to hate on kobe, when in fact they will never see another NBA player play at such a high level this late in their career. Just think about all the athletes that came strait out of high school around the time Kobe did. Now ask yourself, where are they?

I wouldn't lump hawk with those guys(blind kobe haters), he tries to be unbiased and is usually a pretty truthful poster, but you gotta throw hidlago in there lol. But yes, there has never been a player who's played so many games and minutes still performing at a top 5 level, its pretty amazing if you think about it.

ThaDubs
01-17-2013, 12:20 AM
dang, what kobe has been able to do after all his career minutes, games, and postseason games is so astonishing to me. There has never been another player in nba history to play at this high of a level after so many minutes. To even be compared to guys like lebron and durant who are around a decade younger than kobe at this point in his career is a testament to the will and dedication of kobe's play. I would like to see who else can sustain this top 5 player type of production after playing the same amount of minutes as kobe. No one ever has and maybe nobody ever will. Mad props.

mj?

kblo247
01-17-2013, 12:24 AM

I'll take your word for it though, because you should and do know better than me. It just contradicts a lot of what I've heard. I don't have the Synergy stats at my fingertips right now, but sifting through them maybe two weeks ago and he was having a down year, and drastically so.

There were talks the other day, from respectable columnists, about whether or not that back court defensive tandem was the worst in the NBA.

However, recently (see: Kyrie, see: Paul, see: Jennings) his defense has seemingly improved, perhaps a lot because D'Antoni has shifted him to smaller guards rather than bigger guards (ie, PGs instead of SGs).

Perhaps I was being too harsh, but up until recently no one was praising his defense...be it people around the Lakers, Lakers fans, or pundits/fans looking from afar.

I get your argument but its flawed for a couple reasons.

The first is Kobe has been the starting SF on the team for a number of games this year, and even when he hasn't started there in crunch time before Nash returned he was finishing at the 3 with Meeks and Morris as MWP was shifted to the 4 because of Pau being injured/benched.

It isn't as simple as saying he struggles vs SGs. Case and point when we have played Denver this year, he blanketed Gallo most the game in LA. He was the secondary defender on Melo both games as well when Metta sat

His problems have been

1) since Nash returned he was being shifted on PGs late in games after they got hot. Literally he got shifted on Lawson in Denver and LA because he was running past Nash, but he got shifted on him the last 5 minutes as a fire blanket while also averaging 43mpg in the same stretch. Versus Phili they put him on Holiday late, and Holiday didnt get anything, so they shifted everything to attack Pau instead. Dantoni has seemed to realize at least, Kobe can't play 43mpg and be Nash's personal fire blanket after Steve lets a guy go off for 3 1/2 quarters. He also took Curry in the 4th and it vs GSW in that comeback and Kemba in that other comeback but those were cases of him being able to put out fires and help the team win with big minutes, which are outliers, as LeBron and KD themselves aren't told play 43mpg and shut down a guy late while scoring as well, let alone at his miles.

2) like Bruno said he went super safety and it was horrid. Outright bad, when Dwight and Pau and Hill were all out. He took the roaming concept Phil used to use for him vs a Brewer or Rondo and it bit him in the *** vs SA and Houston because Green and Delfino can hit shots. I'm nt arguing that it was bad D, but he had no eligible C on his team besides Sacre or PF besides Twan and Nash was still getting it.

While Nash was out, Kobe wasn't bad on D. In fact he, Metta, and Morris were good, especially under Bernie who had Kobe and Metta both doing what he is doing now which is simply hawking the ball, which is what Coach K let him do, and what Phil let him do during the 3 peat because he admittedly has always "got up" to play that full court, one on one, I don't have to help D

jerellh528
01-17-2013, 12:26 AM
mj?

nope try again. Not even the great MJ, he retired at around 9000 less minutes played(includes postseason) than kobe has already and we all rememeber Mj was no top 5 player on the wiz lol.

kblo247
01-17-2013, 12:32 AM
exactly. Kobe making 1st team all defense yearly, when many of those years there were simply better perimeter defenders not making it due to him, is why so many call Kobe an overrated defender as a whole.

And I agree that Tony Allen and Thabo go overlooked, but again context implies they only play one side of the ball and for limited minutes. They wouldn't be half as effective if they were 40 minute players, let alone 40 minute players asked to score and facilitate primarily on their teams. That's what has always hurt the, in the eyes of the coaches, who do the votes

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=jamesle01

you were saying?
I got to say this is some bad context. One of these games Kobe literally tore his shoulder out of socket while playing them as a guy landed on top of him on TNT in 03-04. That counts against them. Another he had to miss the rest the game in 04-05 on TNT because of a high ankle sprain where he twisted it mid game off a rebound, which he would miss weeks behind, and then he returned only to play them. Another game is literally the flu game where he spent quarter breaks and half time throwing up, which is where LO dominated the glass in I want to say 08-09. He hasn't even finished two of the games in that sample because he has been injured in them, not hurt, but injured so that's like citing his 01 finals stats vs Indy with Game 2 factored in

kblo247
01-17-2013, 12:35 AM
mj?

Karl Malone and Kareem are better comparison than MJ for Kobe in terms of mileage and longevity with elite level play.

el hidalgo
01-17-2013, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't lump hawk with those guys(blind kobe haters), he tries to be unbiased and is usually a pretty truthful poster, but you gotta throw hidlago in there lol. But yes, there has never been a player who's played so many games and minutes still performing at a top 5 level, its pretty amazing if you think about it.

i respect the hell out of kobe. im an objective fan who doesn't let bias alter my opinion of a player. this is why lakers homers hate me. i judge by how i see it and what the stats say. just because i dont worship him doesnt mean i dont think he is great. he is a top 20 player of all time, an all time great.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 01:35 AM
And I agree that Tony Allen and Thabo go overlooked, but again context implies they only play one side of the ball and for limited minutes. They wouldn't be half as effective if they were 40 minute players, let alone 40 minute players asked to score and facilitate primarily on their teams. That's what has always hurt the, in the eyes of the coaches, who do the votes

For sure dude, but that is my point. There are guys who are designated defenders, not asked to do a lot more. And they are better defenders than Kobe because of it. But I understand how it works.

I got to say this is some bad context. One of these games Kobe literally tore his shoulder out of socket while playing them as a guy landed on top of him on TNT in 03-04. That counts against them. Another he had to miss the rest the game in 04-05 on TNT because of a high ankle sprain where he twisted it mid game off a rebound, which he would miss weeks behind, and then he returned only to play them. Another game is literally the flu game where he spent quarter breaks and half time throwing up, which is where LO dominated the glass in I want to say 08-09. He hasn't even finished two of the games in that sample because he has been injured in them, not hurt, but injured so that's like citing his 01 finals stats vs Indy with Game 2 factored in

I was responding to the ultimate Laker homer who thinks Kobe invented the earth, sun, moon, and water. By no means did I even need to bring context in on that one dude.

Sactown
01-17-2013, 01:43 AM
For sure dude, but that is my point. There are guys who are designated defenders, not asked to do a lot more. And they are better defenders than Kobe because of it. But I understand how it works.

I was responding to the ultimate Laker homer who thinks Kobe invented the earth, sun, moon, and water. By no means did I even need to bring context in on that one dude.

Actually, Scoring a lot can be a good thing for your defense.. Players that cover Tony Allen and Thabo waste a lot less energy playing defense which allows them to preserve energy for the offensive end. Can't say they can do the same covering Kobe, which means they have to waste energy chasing kobe, which can affect their offensive game as they don't have as much energy.

nickdymez
01-17-2013, 01:49 AM
mj?

lol. No

Hawkeye15
01-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Actually, Scoring a lot can be a good thing for your defense.. Players that cover Tony Allen and Thabo waste a lot less energy playing defense which allows them to preserve energy for the offensive end. Can't say they can do the same covering Kobe, which means they have to waste energy chasing kobe, which can affect their offensive game as they don't have as much energy.

I get that. What I am saying is, at any given point in Kobe's defensive all teams, there were better defenders. That was their sole job. They were asked to do nothing else. But stars get recognized for playing both ends, over specialists.

TheMoneyTeam
01-17-2013, 01:55 AM

Right, you have to guard James, the refs, travelling, and double dribbles. Unfair when its 1 vs 4.

TheMoneyTeam
01-17-2013, 01:57 AM

Right, a SF/PF guarding a SG. Good job, James.

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2013, 03:01 AM
Sorry bro its hard to sense sarcasm over the internet for me lol.

It's cool. I just don't understand why people always ask me how I can be a fan of the SF giants and the LA Lakers. I know I live in So Cal but I should be able to root for any team I want, and hey, the giants are still in Cali so wtf. Maybe I should just give them the answer they want and say I began Liking both teams as soon as they won championships. **** it, that'll be easier :D

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-17-2013, 03:06 AM
I knew it... :)

Doogolas
01-17-2013, 03:17 AM
For the record, in head to head play when both are on the floor LeBron averages:
27.1/7.4/7.8
ts%: .515

Kobe averages:
25.3/4.9/4.9
ts%: .517

So... yeah. I mean I don't think it means anything, I'm just saying in case anyone actually is interested.

Doogolas
01-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Also worth noting:
Their head to head record is 17-17.

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2013, 03:47 AM
I knew it... :)

Eh **** it. Giants>Dodgers

7>6

:win:

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Also worth noting:
Their head to head record is 17-17.

I completely doubt that h2h record is accurate. Last time I saw it Lebron had a comfortable lead and that was with Cleveland. Lakers are 1-3 vs the heat since Lebron joined so no way is it 17-17.

kblo247
01-17-2013, 05:32 AM

He's been on my list, so I didn't really have to go thru what all he told you and chonz besides your quoted posts beforehand. Damn quotes but I just had to add the context in because I remember for the longest time thinkinh Kobe had **** luck vs Bron

And yeah I was just saying I could never put TA or Thabo on all 1st D when they don't play 30 minutes a night, score, or rebound well. They are total specialists. Now a guy like young Artest, Pippen, Cooper, or Iggy/Josh Smith when his head is right, you get no argument from me. Same with Bowen, Battier (younger) or Fox (more playoff mins) because they actually logged minutes at least and weren't treat like O/D with Mayo and Harden the last couple years

Chronz
01-17-2013, 06:39 AM
He may be, but you gotta give credit to the guy. Taking a difficult task in his 17th season, while putting up numbers on the offensive side. You can't deny his will to win. Give credit where credit is due.

Definitely, just feel bad for him. Shouldn't have to be going all out defensively this early but thats what the season has called for

amos1er
01-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Hopefully Kobe's D holds up. It's gonna be fun to see him go at Lebron tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure thats going to be his assignment. Nash and D'Antoni both said that Kobe's defensive assignments are going to be against the teams best player...thats the best way for him to get motivated. Should be interesting...

sventhedog
01-17-2013, 07:18 AM
kobe is a very good defender. he molded his game watching games of MJ and MJ was an very good defender too. mj was not the greatest defender but he always manages to get to his defensive positions. so kobe can't be wrong for trying to play like him.

the hardest thing for scorers like kobe or MJ is how to score well while still defending. doing both requires a lot of energy.

age will factor in if he will try to defend like that every night. if kobe can start trusting his team on offense, he can spend more effort on defending knowing his team will be fine without him scoring.

Raidaz4Life
01-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Its nice to see he can still lock someone down after so many seasons, but the thing is that he was practically dead at the end of the game and there is no way he can keep that up on a nightly basis.

Doogolas
01-17-2013, 08:12 AM
I completely doubt that h2h record is accurate. Last time I saw it Lebron had a comfortable lead and that was with Cleveland. Lakers are 1-3 vs the heat since Lebron joined so no way is it 17-17.

You're right, I misread something:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=bryanko01

If you look at that and click the "W" column, for some reason it shows each game twice. I assumed it'd just line up the W for Kobe (since he's the 1st guy) and then the ones for Bron. It's 6 to 11 in favor of LeBron. Still, it's bizarre that LeBron plays really ****** against Kobe given how good he normally is.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Kobe plays defense still?

kblo247
01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Its nice to see he can still lock someone down after so many seasons, but the thing is that he was practically dead at the end of the game and there is no way he can keep that up on a nightly basis.

He was dead at the third quarter when he had already played 33 minutes. When he sat and came back in he was ready to go and closed it out. Dantoni needs to steal Phil's rest strategy. Sit Kobe at the final two min mark of the first and third and then bring him back in at the 9-7 minute mark of the second and foyrth as that maximizes commercial stoppages for extra rest.

kblo247
01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Kobe plays defense still?

Yeah, when he wants too ... Least he doesn't get dnp old for the past couple of years ;)