PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the two centers from the eastern conference for the all star game?

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Since Dwight is gone, which two deserve it?

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 01:26 PM
there is no center in the all star game anymore. but noah deserves to be one.

KniCks4LiFe
01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Tyson Chandler and I think Brook Lopez. How do you not put in the leagues top scoring center in the game?

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
I would imagine it would be two of the three with Chandler/Noah/Lopez!??

BigBlueCrew
01-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Chandler and Bosh?

D-Leethal
01-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Chandler/Noah. Brook seems like he belongs in the 'special' all star game.

ManRam
01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
They take 2 backcourt players and 3 frontcourt players now. So centers don't have to make it.

Lopez and Chandler should make the team. Noah and Bosh are probably as deserving as well. There are plenty of options in the East. I actually don't think I could confidently pick between the 4. They're all separated by very little.

Jefferson and Marc Gasol should make it out West. Dwight will get voted in though, so maybe that leaves one out.

KniCks4LiFe
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
stays hating on Lopez :laugh2:

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
There is no doubt Lopez can score but I'm sorry, for his height he is not a good rebounder.

KniCks4LiFe
01-15-2013, 01:44 PM
he's the top scoring big in his position. How do you say no the allstar game will not have the league's top scoring big? Shaq is going to complain like a mother...

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Well no matter, this far it's a joke. Here is the order of the front court.
Lebron
Carmelo
Garnett
Bosh
Chandler
Pierce
Noah
J Smith
Varejao
Battier
Stoudemire
Bynum
Deng
Lopez
J Green

WOW

BigBlueCrew
01-15-2013, 01:52 PM
he's the top scoring big in his position. How do you say no the allstar game will not have the league's top scoring big? Shaq is going to complain like a mother...

Oh no Shaq is gonna complain?? :rolleyes:

KniCks4LiFe
Well no matter, this far it's a joke. Here is the order of the front court.
Lebron
Carmelo
Garnett
Bosh
Chandler
Pierce
Noah
J Smith
Varejao
Battier
Stoudemire
Bynum
Deng
Lopez
J Green

WOW
:eyebrow:

kdspurman
There is no doubt Lopez can score but I'm sorry, for his height he is not a good rebounder.

His rebounding is nearly identical to Bosh this year (7.3 and 7.2 respectively) , but I think most folks would have Bosh in there as an option.

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 01:54 PM
:eyebrow:

Exactly. Boozer isn't even in the top 20 and is 4th in the league and first in the east in double doubles.

D-Leethal
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Eddy Curry was one of the leagues top scoring bigs at one point too. I think history will tell you, having a scorer at C is not nearly as conducive to winning basketball as having a defensive anchor/rebounder. The only guy who had success who sucked on D but was a smooth offensive player in the mold of Lopez is Rik Smits and he had the Davis bro's to make up for him being such a ***** at the C spot.

JiffyMix88
01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
It'll be a shame if Noah doesn't make it

KniCks4LiFe
01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Eddy Curry was one of the leagues top scoring bigs at one point too. I think history will tell you, having a scorer at C is not nearly as conducive to winning basketball as having a defensive anchor/rebounder. The only guy who had success who sucked on D but was a smooth offensive player in the mold of Lopez is Rik Smits and he had the Davis bro's to make up for him being such a ***** at the C spot.

Eddy Curry didn't make the ASG that year b/c Jermaine O'neal was 20/10 and leading in blocks, b/c Dwight Howard was 18/12 and shooting 60%, Curry's Knicks team was 7 gms. under .500 that year. Shaq that yr. got the fan vote. Probably like Lin will this year. :laugh2:

Lopez does remind me of Rik Smits. Better offensively though.

2-ONE-5
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM
i really quesion the intelligence of a lot of people on this site. this is at least the 3rd thread asking this question while there is NO CENTER POSITION in the AS game. NO CENTER HAS TO BE PICKED!

also ESPN did a 5-5 on the AS starters and not one person even mentioned B. Lopez...

Swashcuff
01-15-2013, 02:48 PM
there is no center in the all star game anymore. but noah deserves to be one.

There arent forwards aymore either

Rockice_8
01-15-2013, 02:52 PM

Well considering the Nets have been much much better with Lopez in the lineup then out I'd say he's good for winning basketball. Clearly you haven't watch Lopez this year. He's been a very good defensive anchor in the middle for the Nets with his great length and shot blocking for the Nets. His team is one of the best rebounding teams in the league (yes he is a big part of that) compared to the so called defensive anchor Chandler (who's team is one of the worst rebounding teams in the league). The Nets and Knicks have the same def EFF rating so what is it Chandler is doing so well.

So the Knicks who are supposed to be anchored by the great TC are a poor rebounding team and a middle of the pack defensive team while the Nets anchored by a soft horrible rebounding center are one of the best rebounding teams and about the same defensively as the team led by a so called traditional center. I got it now.

Rockice_8
01-15-2013, 03:03 PM
i really quesion the intelligence of a lot of people on this site. this is at least the 3rd thread asking this question while there is NO CENTER POSITION in the AS game. NO CENTER HAS TO BE PICKED!

also ESPN did a 5-5 on the AS starters and not one person even mentioned B. Lopez...

ESPN? Really?

I saw it they mostly mentioned Noah.

Per 36 stats
Lopez - 22.6 ppg, 8.9 rbs, 1 apg, 2.6 blks, 51% FG, PER 24.7, WS/48 - .179
Noah - 11.6 ppg, 10.0 rbs, 3.9 apg, 1.9 blks, 46% FG, PER 17, WS/48 - .137

KniCks4LiFe
01-15-2013, 03:06 PM
ESPN? Really?

I saw it they mostly mentioned Noah.

Per 36 stats
Lopez - 22.6 ppg, 8.9 rbs, 1 apg, 2.6 blks, 51% FG, PER 24.7, WS/48 - .179
Noah - 11.6 ppg, 10.0 rbs, 3.9 apg, 1.9 blks, 46% FG, PER 17, WS/48 - .137

thank you, Noah's better passing, and guarding the pick n' roll, but everything else Lopez has been there this season. As I predicted earlier this offseason. :shrug:

2-ONE-5
01-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Noahs IMPACT (on a game) >>>> Lopez

NoahH
01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: No one seems to understand there is NO CENTERS ANYMORE in the ASG

D-Leethal
01-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Well considering the Nets have been much much better with Lopez in the lineup then out I'd say he's good for winning basketball. Clearly you haven't watch Lopez this year. He's been a very good defensive anchor in the middle for the Nets with his great length and shot blocking for the Nets. His team is one of the best rebounding teams in the league (yes he is a big part of that) compared to the so called defensive anchor Chandler (who's team is one of the worst rebounding teams in the league). The Nets and Knicks have the same def EFF rating so what is it Chandler is doing so well.

So the Knicks who are supposed to be anchored by the great TC are a poor rebounding team and a middle of the pack defensive team while the Nets anchored by a soft horrible rebounding center are one of the best rebounding teams and about the same defensively as the team led by a so called traditional center. I got it now.

The Knicks are not a good defensive team right now, but TC has proven he can anchor a top 10 defense year after year after year. He's done it every year but one when the Hornets I believe were ranked 13th. He had the Bobcats as the #1 D. He has anchored a title team. I don't expect him to be a one man show. When Felton and Shump get back to defend the backcourt, we get our heads out of our ***** and start the smell the springtime playoff air I think we will truly see what all these teams can do defensively.

I will admit Brook has been better defensively but from what I see, and contrary to your belief I watch Nets games all the time because I live in NY, the Nets strong defense is a result of playing a slow pace, forcing teams into the halfcourt and utilizing their length at pretty much every position. 6'5 PG, 6'8 SG, 6'9 SF with huge wingspan, whoever at PF and a 7 foot C. Its tough to score on that in the half court. I'm not taking away from it, but I give more credit to the gameplan than Lopez being a true anchor.

D-Leethal
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM

1000000%

Something tells me you poll NBA players and coaches on who they want as their C Lopez is far down the list from Noah and Tyson.

krisxsong
01-15-2013, 09:51 PM
So? I didn't know it was a requirement to be a good rebounder to make it to the AS game.

Oh and he's actually having a decent year rebounding. 9.0 rebounds per 36 and 14.7 rebound%

krisxsong
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
1000000%

Something tells me you poll NBA players and coaches on who they want as their C Lopez is far down the list from Noah and Tyson.

You're a Knicks fan, that's what you're supposed to think.

krisxsong
01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

Where is your justification for this?

Noah is a better defender, better rebounder and is more agile. Now make your case that he makes a bigger impact than Lopez.

People think that if you're not some gung-ho rah rah big man you aren't having an impact on the game.

Swashcuff
01-15-2013, 11:36 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: No one seems to understand there is NO CENTERS ANYMORE in the ASG

That's incorrect actually if there were enough good Cs there'd be 5 Cs in the ASG.

Missing56&33
01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Tyson and Garnett

Chill_Will_24
01-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Where is your justification for this?

Noah is a better defender, better rebounder and is more agile. Now make your case that he makes a bigger impact than Lopez.

People think that if you're not some gung-ho rah rah big man you aren't having an impact on the game.

Better passer, elite defense, handles the ball better and makes better decisions. He impacts the game at a higher level than Lopez

CubsBullsBucs
01-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Noah, Garnett and Chandler. Def not Lopez. Varejao shouldve but too bad he got hurt