PDA

View Full Version : should the bulls be considered favorites in the east?

el hidalgo
01-14-2013, 11:27 PM
the heat team is looking much weaker than last year. everybody knows knicks are a fluke and bulls with rose would stomp them in the playoffs.

bulls just displayed their incredible defense tonight against the hawks, holding them to 20 in the first half. they are playing great and dont even have rose back yet. should the bulls be considered favorites in the east right now?

Becks2307
01-14-2013, 11:28 PM
The Bulls are Ridiculous.

thibs is amazin'

Stunner
01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Lets just wait and see what Rose does when he gets back ...

seikou8
01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
miami is the favorite until someone beats them four out of 7

ManRam
01-14-2013, 11:32 PM
No.

But if Rose comes back and gets back to top 10 player form, then it gets really interesting.

Stunner
01-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Lol change your sig , lol 10 pixels

kozelkid
01-14-2013, 11:35 PM
miami is the favorite until someone beats them four out of 7

Pretty much this.

I'm not buying Miami's struggles just yet; they've coasted in the regular season before.

WOwolfOL
01-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Nobody gets to the line like the Heat in the playoffs.

Longhornfan1234
01-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Heat are not as good as last two years. Bosh is softer than cottonelle tissue, Wade is declining rapidly, their defense is average, and role players are not very good.

maddBat
01-14-2013, 11:43 PM
wouldnt say favorites. favorites are usually the defending champs. but definitely contenders.

LGhost
01-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Just realized he didn't mean 1 seed in the conference... It is a no brainer that the Heat are the favorites.. The Bulls are probably going to be their top challenge though and of course the Knicks are there as well (for now anyway)

Edit: I still feel the Celtics are just as legit as they were last year so count them in the top of contenders as well...

Sportfan
01-14-2013, 11:44 PM
The east is still pretty open imo. Miami/NY/Boston/NJ/Chicago/Indy when all healthy can all beat each other. Miami is the favorite but I don't think they will cruise through the east like they did last year

chicagocubsfan
01-14-2013, 11:45 PM
No way. Heat are favorites until they are beaten in the playoffs. Bulls bench needs to get better too. But how about this. Carlos Boozer leads the Eastern Conference with 20 double doubles. He is having a really good year so far.

Slug3
01-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Bulls were favorites 2 years ago and Heat beat them in 5.

moneygman
01-14-2013, 11:48 PM
the heat team is looking much weaker than last year. everybody knows knicks are a fluke and bulls with rose would stomp them in the playoffs.

bulls just displayed their incredible defense tonight against the hawks, holding them to 20 in the first half. they are playing great and dont even have rose back yet. should the bulls be considered favorites in the east right now?

Do you really think Miami is weaker? Really? Lol. Boozer and Rose too much for LeBron. Never forget LeBron shut DRose down. Secondly, the Heat care 0% about the season. They sleep wall through and win 55-60 games and then will win another title.

moneygman
The east is still pretty open imo. Miami/NY/Boston/NJ/Chicago/Indy when all healthy can all beat each other. Miami is the favorite but I don't think they will cruise through the east like they did last year

BROOKLYN kind sir.

KnickaBocka.44
LOL at the Knicks being a fluke. Of course they look bad right now, they are still without their projected starting backcourt and Amare is still working his way back. In a couple of weeks the team will finally be at full strength for the first time all season.

fin_frenzy_84
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Im pretty sure this is a different season and both teams have new players.

ManRam
01-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Pretty much this.

I'm not buying Miami's struggles just yet; they've coasted in the regular season before.

I always have felt iffy about the "they're the favorites until someone beats them" logic, but it isn't necessarily off base.

But I think the Heat's problems are indeed real. We can pin it on effort, but they've never looked this bad. I mean, the first few weeks of the 2010-2011 season maybe, but these problems aren't all effort related.

The fact is their lack of rebounding is going to hurt them. It's not insurmountable (as they've shown in the past), but if they aren't playing elite defense, it might become so. And their defense, well, it's hard to believe it has dropped off this much, and I do think it will improve as motivation increases...but there is certainly a lot of solid logic out there suggesting that this squad can't replicate last year's defense.

And then there's the bench. Last year I always said in the playoffs "the Heat just need some threes from the supporting cast and they'll be fine", but again, if the defense and rebounding woes are as bad as they seem to be, they'll need more than that...and they simply haven't been getting it.

Can they flip the switch? Perhaps...and I wouldn't be shunned. But some of this stuff is for real.

An amazing defensive team like Chicago, who will get their #1 scorer back, certainly can beat the Heat...

THE MTL
01-14-2013, 11:50 PM

Knicks are missing half the team but we are a fluke? We have 50% amare, no shump, no felton, no sheed, no camby. That's 5 ppl right there. U ppl make me sick,

And yes the bulls are a force but there lack of a true second gets exposed in the playoffs every year. Plus Noah and Deng average almost 41mpg. Its going to catch up with them.

kozelkid
01-14-2013, 11:52 PM

They weren't anymore favorites than the Heat Furthermore, inexperience certainly played a factor as none of the players at the roster then had ever gone that deep in the playoffs. It is one playoff series, lot has changed sense; living in the belief that that the result of one playoff series is indicative of future ones is quite silly and rather cocky.

It's funny too considering every game aside from game 1 went down to the wire. Revisionist history at its finest.

Interesting. I didn't really view as Miami "cruising" through the East last season. They were down big against an Indiana team and had to win 2 consecutive elimination games vs Celts.

kozelkid
01-14-2013, 11:54 PM
I always have felt iffy about the "they're the favorites until someone beats them" logic, but it isn't necessarily off base.

But I think the Heat's problems are indeed real. We can pin it on effort, but they've never looked this bad. I mean, the first few weeks of the 2010-2011 season maybe, but these problems aren't all effort related.

The fact is their lack of rebounding is going to hurt them. It's not insurmountable (as they've shown in the past), but if they aren't playing elite defense, it might become so. And their defense, well, it's hard to believe it has dropped off this much, and I do think it will improve as motivation increases...but there is certainly a lot of solid logic out there suggesting that this squad can't replicate last year's defense.

And then there's the bench. Last year I always said in the playoffs "the Heat just need some threes from the supporting cast and they'll be fine", but again, if the defense and rebounding woes are as bad as they seem to be, they'll need more than that...and they simply haven't been getting it.

Can they flip the switch? Perhaps...and I wouldn't be shunned. But some of this stuff is for real.

An amazing defensive team like Chicago, who will get their #1 scorer back, certainly can beat the Heat...

I still think it's more effort than anything else. The defense might be a new concern, but I don't buy the rebounding issue especially if Spo chooses to actually go big come playoffs. I've seen them adjust just fine in regards to rebounding against the Bulls after we throttled them in that department in game 1 of that series.

At the same time, as I mentioned in the game thread, other greats who won championships have mentioned how difficult it is to maintain the same motivation the season after you win one.

DoMeFavors
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
they could be really good their owner is cheap and refuses to get more depth. which hurts bulls.

DoMeFavors
01-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Knicks are missing half the team but we are a fluke? We have 50% amare, no shump, no felton, no sheed, no camby. That's 5 ppl right there. U ppl make me sick,

And yes the bulls are a force but there lack of a true second gets exposed in the playoffs every year. Plus Noah and Deng average almost 41mpg. Its going to catch up with them.

All teams have injuries and no thats 100% Amare now. Melo doesnt have any all star next to him he has that role player Amare now for the rest of his time there. Those other guys you named especially rasheed and camby dont provide anything.

chicagocubsfan
01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
they could be really good their owner is cheap and refuses to get more depth. which hurts bulls.

At least we don't have a russian moron who throws money at every crappy player.

sharqstealth
01-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Really? Bulls are only good in regular seasons, they suck in the playoffs, and I doubt Rose will ever comeback the player he is. Can't even win 2 playoff games against the Heat with a healthy Rose, and now be favorites with an unhealthy Rose and a bench that sucks???

mwoodri
01-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Miami is the favorite. They will turn up the effort when it counts. Beating them 4 of 7 will be very difficult. The Bulls just play harder than other teams night in and night out during the regular season. Everyone plays hard during the playoffs.

mwoodri
01-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Really? Bulls are only good in regular seasons, they suck in the playoffs, and I doubt Rose will ever comeback the player he is. Can't even win 2 playoff games against the Heat with a healthy Rose, and now be favorites with an unhealthy Rose and a bench that sucks???

There he is...

MELO 15

The knicks have been playing through injuries for the most part, they are playing without one of the best perimeter defenders in the game, stat has been out and is trying to find his way back into rhythm, and there were games they have played without melo, and i would still say considering all of that they still have the secound best record in the east. Just cause they beat the knicks 3 times now doesn't mean if the playoffs were to start the bulls would win in a series if both teams were completely healthy. If u watched last year, shumpert did a great job on rose when guarding him

effen5

Bulls suffered injuries the last two years with rose Noah, boozer, taj, etc....and still ended up with the top seed. Your team is just bad...do something other then shooting threes and alley oops.

chicagocubsfan

So making it to the eastern conference finals is considered "sucking" in the playoffs?

LGhost
01-15-2013, 12:03 AM

Miss

Kashmir13579
01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Possibly. It isn't farfetched.

DoMeFavors
01-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Heat
Nets

Bulls

Celtics

Pacers
Knicks

LGhost
01-15-2013, 12:09 AM
The knicks have been playing through injuries for the most part, they are playing without one of the best perimeter defenders in the game, stat has been out and is trying to find his way back into rhythm, and there were games they have played without melo, and i would still say considering all of that they still have the secound best record in the east. Just cause they beat the knicks 3 times now doesn't mean if the playoffs were to start the bulls would win in a series if both teams were completely healthy. If u watched last year, shumpert did a great job on rose when guarding him

That iso game gets exposed in the playoffs... Ask the Heat from two years ago. In the playoffs, double teams won't come if there is no offensive game plan to challenge the defense. It becomes a matter of just letting Melo and J.R. score but containing the rest, but I'm including J.R. just to be nice, he doesn't really demand a double team. Your team is great but until there is some beautiful ball movement, they won't go anywhere... Obviously I can only judge based on the games the Bulls played them but that is what I saw.

effen5
01-15-2013, 12:10 AM

How many playoff games has your team won the last decade? What's your excuse going to be this year?

LGhost
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
How many playoff games has your team won the last decade? What's your excuse going to be this year?

troll feed the don't

HYFR
01-15-2013, 12:17 AM
The Knicks are bad yet 2nd in the east. Lol

Krizzle88
01-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Lets just wait and see what Rose does when he gets back ...

This! I just can't see them beating Miami

meloman1592
01-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Heat
Nets

Bulls

Celtics

Pacers
Knicks

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

rocket
01-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Miami should/will be the favorites every year until James, Wade, or Bosh leaves the HEAT.

odiz
01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Weve seen the Bulls do this before in the regular season, they always put up a good record when Rose is out. But are they going to beat the Heat in a 7 game series in the playoffs when Lebron and co step it up? Honestly i cant see it happening, not even if Rose comes back full strength. The Heat are a playoff team, the Bulls are a regular season team.

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
bulls are a regular season team.

LGhost
01-15-2013, 12:34 AM

tough loss, eh? i saw it too

gotoHcarolina52
01-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Yes. The Bulls's cuisine reigns supreme in the regular season.

Oldmantrash
01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
At least we don't have a russian moron who throws money at every crappy player.

That team still has a better record than the Bulls, and would be on top of the Atlantic if Brook Lopez didn't miss time.
Knees are hard to come back from too fast, I wouldn't count on Rosť making an impact this year.

Ladies Man
01-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Whats with the Bulls suck in the playoffs? We lost last year because of a team that was down due to the fact their best player tore his ACL. We made it to the ECF 2 seasons ago, so Unless we had a magical 2 round bye then I dont see how we are a losing team in the playoffs.

Ladies Man
01-15-2013, 12:42 AM
That team still has a better record than the Bulls, and would be on top of the Atlantic if Brook Lopez didn't miss time.
Knees are hard to come back from too fast, [B]I wouldn't count on Rosť making an impact this year.

We'll see

LGhost
01-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Whats with the Bulls suck in the playoffs? We lost last year because of a team that was down due to the fact their best player tore his ACL. We made it to the ECF 2 seasons ago, so Unless we had a magical 2 round bye then I dont see how we are a losing team in the playoffs.

they just arrived mad, hoping the Heat could pull off the rally. they had to channel their logic-less inner douche to comfort themself

effen5
01-15-2013, 12:44 AM
We've only played the heat once in the playoffs? How the **** are we a regular season team? One ECF appearance and a torn ACL which ruined another chance.

effen5
01-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Knees are hard to come back from too fast, I wouldn't count on Rosť making an impact this year.

I wouldn't count a healthy nets team making an impact any year.

TheMoneyTeam
01-15-2013, 12:47 AM
As long as there are referees the Heat will be favored.

DoMeFavors
01-15-2013, 12:50 AM
To be honest I see nobody getting past Miami or Brooklyn, to tough. The ECF matchup is set barring major injury. Bulls wont have a high enough seed to do much and Knicks will be a 2nd round exit at best.

gotoHcarolina52
01-15-2013, 12:52 AM
To be honest I see nobody getting past Miami or Brooklyn, to tough. The ECF matchup is set barring major injury. Bulls wont have a high enough seed to do much and Knicks will be a 2nd round exit at best.

Pretty much this. Should be one hell of an ECF. :cheers:

Krizzle88
01-15-2013, 12:52 AM

Yes. The Bulls's cuisine reigns supreme in the regular season.

Aw it's ok I know u guys are a little worried if heat happen to run into the bulls in playoffs

Ladies Man
01-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Why do people favor Brooklyn all the sudden? They are the ones who havent proved anything in the playoffs yet

Ladies Man
01-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Aw it's ok I know u guys are a little worried if heat happen to run into the bulls in playoffs

No im not i hope they play each other

gotoHcarolina52
01-15-2013, 12:56 AM

I, for one, am terrified. :ohno:

king4day
01-15-2013, 12:58 AM

All I read here was "bait bait bait bait bait".
If you are going to create a thread, show some restraint.

bobmhs27
01-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Why do people favor Brooklyn all the sudden? They are the ones who havent proved anything in the playoffs yet

The league favors Brooklyn because nothing screams revenue like a New York Knicks-Brooklyn Nets matchup. As far as the Bulls go however they aren't a serious contender until they get another scorer, a Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo (I wish they signed him) etc etc etc. The Bulls are trying to beat the same teams they lose to by doing the same thing over and over again. Not going to happen

yoseppii12
01-15-2013, 01:01 AM
1) No, Bulls are too inconsistent this year. Watch them get killed in the next couple games, happened after the NYK and MIA games alrady.

2) They are a good regular season team, as stated before, but when they have to play the same team over and over again, their flaws are exposed.

3) Not convinced we are really that great until we get a 2nd legit scorer that can get to the FT line. Boozer has played well this year, but come playoff time, its a FT game. See Miami in the playoffs, always at the line, always conserving their energy with being at the line.

Do I think we can win it? Sure, but we will need to be hitting stride perfectly then. We will need most of the right things to fall into place for us. We are not like a team as the LAL/BOS who have the pedigree for championships, or the MIA/LAC who have the talent for championships. We are the Bulls, we need to have a lot of things fall into place for us this year to really have a chance. I am fairly sold on there being transition woes when Rose comes back unless he is going to play like he did his Rookie year and defer more until he gets a solid footing back (which who knows when that will come).

justinnum1

I, for one, am terrified. :ohno:

Yep, we are shaking in our flip flops!

:rolleyes:

GottaLoveCubs
As long as there are referees the Heat will be favored.

This is true.

DoMeFavors
01-15-2013, 01:03 AM
1st round of East playoffs are boring there are never upsets, Miami always has to face a team like Milwakuee.

Ladies Man
01-15-2013, 01:05 AM
The league favors Brooklyn because nothing screams revenue like a New York Knicks-Brooklyn Nets matchup. As far as the Bulls go however they aren't a serious contender until they get another scorer, a Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo (I wish they signed him) etc etc etc. The Bulls are trying to beat the same teams they lose to by doing the same thing over and over again. Not going to happen

I agree with you on almost everything. I also wanted Mayo on the Bulls. And as far as if the Bulls can beat the Heat this year, I dont know. But its not impossible. We can talk all we want, but it looks like all we can do is wait till the ECF because barring injury, I really do believe its gonna be Bulls-Heat. My opinion

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 01:15 AM
Brooklyn in the ECF? The team that fired their coach?

flclfanman
01-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Depends on the Health of Rose AND OUR BIG MEN

Up until recently Thibs was running Noah into the ground. If we dont trade for another big we need him to stay healthy since he anchors the D.

And everyone calm done with the Brooklyn love. They just lost their coach and are playing on a spare tire. Lets see their first playoff series before he start the hype machine.

Captain Moroni
01-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Bulls with Rose will be a factor in the playoffs, but a full strength knicks team is deeper. Knicks v Heat in an epic seven game gladiator playoff.

LGhost
01-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Bulls with Rose will be a factor in the playoffs, but a full strength knicks team is deeper. Knicks v Heat in an epic seven game gladiator playoff.

That offensive game plan will not get you to the 7th game and you'll be lucky to even reach the ECF. The Heat will demolish the Knicks similar to the Thunder if y'all don't develop something other than "Melo's turn, J.R.'s turn, Amare's turn, lets give the scrubs a try" Ball movement is crucial

Gritz
01-15-2013, 01:40 AM

lol

Becks2307
01-15-2013, 01:41 AM
That offensive game plan will not get you to the 7th game and you'll be lucky to even reach the ECF. The Heat will demolish the Knicks similar to the Thunder if y'all don't develop something other than "Melo's turn, J.R.'s turn, Amare's turn, lets give the scrubs a try" Ball movement is crucial

i actually think we have a much better chance vs the Heat than the Bulls. Our bench is crazy deep, but the Bulls just neutralize the **** out of everyone. However Idk if they can keep it up for 4 games in a week.

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 01:44 AM
deep bench means nothing in the playoffs. Fans of teams who have gotten past the first round know.

Depth just isn't a big factor. Elite players are.

THE MTL
01-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Bulls suffered injuries the last two years with rose Noah, boozer, taj, etc....and still ended up with the top seed. Your team is just bad...do something other then shooting threes and alley oops.

Ummm, even with our injuries we are only 0.5 games out of TOP SEED. So tell me....what was the point of your post?

I was just saying how ppl are quick to discredit the Knicks because we went 4-6 in our last 10 games. Look at the players we have on the floor.

And im not saying the Knicks need to get 100% healthy, but when you have 5 key players out at the same time.....that would affect any team in the league. If we can get at least 3 of those guys healthy (one of them being Felton), then we're taking 1st seed.

Btw, the bulls dont scare me in the playoffs. You guys are a "regular season" team. You swept Miami in the regular only for them to beat you in 5 games in the post-season. And then Philly completely exposed you clowns without Derrick Rose.

Bulls will NEVER get anywhere in the playoffs until you get a reliable second option. Meanwhile, you continue to play Noah and Deng 41mpg.....which is bound to catch up with you guys as well.

Kashmir13579
01-15-2013, 01:59 AM
deep bench means nothing in the playoffs. Fans of teams who have gotten past the first round know.

Good thing for you the Heat have an elite player.

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Good thing for you the Heat have an elite player.

Good thing we have 3 of them. More than any team in the east.:)

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:04 AM
The ECF will obviously be Miami vs the Knicks.. although I must admit Chicago and Boston follow very closely behind...

The top 2 seeds in the East have had their worst bump of the season at the same time. BK is a fluke and the majority know that. This little streak they are on 6 of the 8 they won came against Washington, Charlotte, Sacramento, Phoenix, Cleveland, and Philly all bottom feeders in the league. Only a lucky win in OKC and a disaster of an officiated game in the 4th qtr against Indiana. Its good for their team moral, but nothing to convince anyone they have separated themselves from anyone. The Knicks will be getting Shumpert back their next game and Felton back within 2-3 games and are only 1/2 game out of first place. Nobody on the Knicks are worried about where we are...

THE MTL
01-15-2013, 02:04 AM
When a player averages 20.5ppg 4.5 apg 4rpg on 50% and is considered to be having a "bad" season.....thats when you know you are an elite player

~in defense of Dwade.

Kashmir13579
01-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Good thing we have 3 of them. More than any team in the east.:)
Bosh definitely is not elite and Wade's numbers don't look elite either. Thats strange. :eyebrow:

ThaDubs
01-15-2013, 02:10 AM
The ECF will obviously be Miami vs the Knicks.. although I must admit Chicago and Boston follow very closely behind...

Although you got ****ed in the playoffs last year, I'll take your word for it.

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:11 AM
Although you got ****ed in the playoffs last year, I'll take your word for it.

lol... we have a completely different team outside of our 3 stars. you should take my word chick... :)

LGhost
01-15-2013, 02:12 AM
i actually think we have a much better chance vs the Heat than the Bulls. Our bench is crazy deep, but the Bulls just neutralize the **** out of everyone. However Idk if they can keep it up for 4 games in a week.

I don't know either.. I do think we have it figured out a little better than the Knicks though (with good reason). Your team is beautifully constructed, maybe lacking a quality big but having so many that y'all could switch it around all season until something works.

Don't listen to the troll though, elite players isn't the end all, as proven against the Mavericks in the Finals. The next year they were a much improved team, the Heat won as a finely constructed team playing solid team ball last year, not because LeBron put his jersey on. Don't get me wrong, the elite player thing certainly played a part.

The depth thing doesn't matter, using that depth correctly does. I said this in another post but, against the Bulls this year, y'all offense was terrible. It was nothing but isolation, and when there was a pick called, it was expected, there was no flow whatsoever... I know the weakness of good defense especially since my team relies on it, that is precise ball movement, that is more than one player knowing what decisions to make with the ball at every instance (only J. Kidd for y'all, maybe Shumpert??).

The Bulls have improved because of this, while Rose going down was bad.. It was good in the sense that the rest of the team stepped up and the core has improved as they had to because they wanted to win. Noah & Boozer are elite big man passers now, they know where the ball should be going once they catch it. Noah's scoring is improved as well and Boozer has returned to the Boozer of contract worth (lately anyway).. You see what Deng has become in our games against the Knicks, he's hitting the big shots and I don't mean shots in the last 5 minutes of the game, just timely shots to stop opposing momentum runs or to break out of a slump, Deng has stepped up... The whole team has... Thibs won't let this go to waste once Rose returns...

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Bosh definitely is not elite and Wade's numbers don't look elite either. Thats strange. :eyebrow:

Wrong, but it's cool.:)

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:19 AM
I don't know either.. I do think we have it figured out a little better than the Knicks though (with good reason). Your team is beautifully constructed, maybe lacking a quality big but having so many that y'all could switch it around all season until something works.

Don't listen to the troll though, elite players isn't the end all, as proven against the Mavericks in the Finals. The next year they were a much improved team, the Heat won as a finely constructed team playing solid team ball last year, not because LeBron put his jersey on. Don't get me wrong, the elite player thing certainly played a part.

The depth thing doesn't matter, using that depth correctly does. I said this in another post but, against the Bulls this year, y'all offense was terrible. It was nothing but isolation, and when there was a pick called, it was expected, there was no flow whatsoever... I know the weakness of good defense especially since my team relies on it, that is precise ball movement, that is more than one player knowing what decisions to make with the ball at every instance (only J. Kidd for y'all, maybe Shumpert??).

The Bulls have improved because of this, while Rose going down was bad.. It was good in the sense that the rest of the team stepped up and the core has improved as they had to because they wanted to win. Noah & Boozer are elite big man passers now, they know where the ball should be going once they catch it. Noah's scoring is improved as well and Boozer has returned to the Boozer of contract worth (lately anyway).. You see what Deng has become in our games against the Knicks, he's hitting the big shots and I don't mean shots in the last 5 minutes of the game, just timely shots to stop opposing momentum runs or to break out of a slump, Deng has stepped up... The whole team has... Thibs won't let this go to waste once Rose returns...

I agree with a lot of what you posted, although I may be biased in saying I think that you guys have just caught us at the right time during the season, not to take anything away from Chicago. I believe that the strengths of the Bulls is to take an offense out of their gameplan but we saw how NY stormed back in the 4th last time. the first 2 games were close. We have been in a rut lately and even in this rut it hasnt been a DISASTER. We get our starting 2 guard back and our starting PG back and Amare is still playing himself back into rhythm so yes I truly feel once the playoffs begin, if healthy regardless of seeding we are the toughest out in the East. Miami even knows that

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 02:21 AM
I agree with a lot of what you posted, although I may be biased in saying I think that you guys have just caught us at the right time during the season, not to take anything away from Chicago. I believe that the strengths of the Bulls is to take an offense out of their gameplan but we saw how NY stormed back in the 4th last time. the first 2 games were close. We have been in a rut lately and even in this rut it hasnt been a DISASTER. We get our starting 2 guard back and Amare is still playing himself back into rhythm so yes I truly feel once the playoffs begin, if healthy regardless of seeding we are the toughest out in the East. Miami even knows that

The knicks are not the toughest. I would consider the bulls and celtics tougher than the knicks. Especially since they have both been out of the first round.

Fukudome
01-15-2013, 02:24 AM
I love when people try to predict stuff like this. The fact of the matter is, no one knows what's going to happen, it's all pure speculation.

To say, "The Bulls are a regular season team" or "The Knicks would get stomped by the Bulls with Rose" or even "The Heat really are declining" is all too early. Who knows what's going to happen? There's a reason they play the series out.

ONE major injury and everything changes. Look at how DRose got hurt. Basically a non-contact injury. Could happen to anyone, at anytime.

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:24 AM
The knicks are not the toughest. I would consider the bulls and celtics tougher than the knicks. Especially since they have both been out of the first round.

they wont be the toughest lol. NY will be the team you hope not to face wishing it were the same team as last year. You can try to front all you want but we are the only team your "big 3 " have gone out of their way to acknowledge as a road block to the finals.

LGhost
01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
I agree with a lot of what you posted, although I may be biased in saying I think that you guys have just caught us at the right time during the season, not to take anything away from Chicago. I believe that the strengths of the Bulls is to take an offense out of their gameplan but we saw how NY stormed back in the 4th last time. the first 2 games were close. We have been in a rut lately and even in this rut it hasnt been a DISASTER. We get our starting 2 guard back and our starting PG back and Amare is still playing himself back into rhythm so yes I truly feel once the playoffs begin, if healthy regardless of seeding we are the toughest out in the East. Miami even knows that

Maybe... You never know

Really, that's your ****ing reason? You haven't grown up a bit in these 3 years...

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
they wont be the toughest lol. NY will be the team you hope not to face wishing it were the same team as last year. You can try to front all you want but we are the only team your "big 3 " have gone out of their way to acknowledge as a road block to the finals.

llullz

Boston and chicago are the 2 biggest obstacles in miami's way.

Maybe... You never know

Really, that's your ****ing reason? You haven't grown up a bit in these 3 years...
One of the many reasons. Thanks for keeping track of me on PSD, even tho it sounds like you been stalking me.

Will 2 BE
01-15-2013, 02:27 AM
1st round of East playoffs are boring there are never upsets, Miami always has to face a team like Milwakuee.

There have been plenty of upsets in the playoffs, several #1 and 2 spots have fallen to a #8 or 7.

quade36
01-15-2013, 02:31 AM

I guess everyone has an opinion. But I think the team no one wants to face in the playoffs is the Pacers. Especially when Granger comes back. The story with the Knicks on this forum is people dealing with Knick fans literally every year saying they will make it to the Finals. That they are THE team to beat. Its somewhat obnoxious at times. I get it. You root for your team and you believe they are the best. But, right now its clearly the Heat that are the favorites. And the team I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs are the Pacers.

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:32 AM
I can very realistically see a Chicago vs NYK ECF as well...

oak2455
01-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Chicago is defiantly the real deal end of story

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 02:35 AM
I guess everyone has an opinion. But I think the team no one wants to face in the playoffs is the Pacers. Especially when Granger comes back. The story with the Knicks on this forum is people dealing with Knick fans literally every year saying they will make it to the Finals. That they are THE team to beat. Its somewhat obnoxious at times. I get it. You root for your team and you believe they are the best. But, right now its clearly the Heat that are the favorites. And the team I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs are the Pacers.

Yea, pacers are a tough team. Not sure how they will be when granger gets back because hoe it will affect george, who really is taking off with granger out.

Semis of Celtics-pacers and bulls-miami would be great and based on seeding looks like the most likely matchups

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:38 AM

I get the Knick fanatic observation..lol... I think last year we were hype to be back in the playoffs. I think everybody can acknowledge that this years team is far superior to last and that Melo is playing out of his mind this season. It was just clearly admitted that he was fasting for the last 2 1/2 weeks which had declined his output. I have only high expectations for him for the rest of the season and the Knicks as a whole. The pacers are a dangerous team too. Paul George is legit and they have an excellent defense, that will always take you far in the playoffs..

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 02:39 AM
I get the Knick fanatic observation..lol... I think last year we were hype to be back in the playoffs. I think everybody can acknowledge that this years team is far superior to last and that Melo is playing out of his mind this season. It was just clearly admitted that he was fasting for the last 2 1/2 weeks which had declined his output. I have only high expectations for him for the rest of the season and the Knicks as a whole. The pacers are a dangerous team too. Paul George is legit and they have an excellent defense, that will always take you far in the playoffs..
Sounds like an excuse.

More logical reason for his decline in production is regression toward the mean.

Mayweather&NYK
01-15-2013, 02:41 AM
Sounds like an excuse.

More logical reason for his decline in production is regression toward the mean.

i know you sure hope so... :D

nobody makes more excuses than u justina... again that's why we all just laugh when you post.

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 02:53 AM
As a Bulls fan, I would be ECSTATIC if we made the ECF this year. I would expect to lose to the Heat because they are just that good. But as well as this Bulls team has been playing and we shall see what Rose can do when he gets back, it could be interesting.

I will also say, I don't think any east team is going to win it all this year. I look at the east coast and it still sucks. If a team like the Heat/Bulls/Knicks/Brooklyn can win it all then I will be shocked, in a good way. The west coast is stacked, beyond stacked and that's funny to say with the Lakers being awful.

oak2455
01-15-2013, 03:04 AM
I can't get in any more trouble but the last few post are hilarious :laugh2:

bbcmillionaire
01-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Nope, its still miami till proven otherwise. But miami should watch their backs

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Heat
Nets

Bulls

Celtics

Pacers
Knicks

LOL at the nets in front of the Bulls... Your one of the biggest homers on this site.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Its funny how people can judge the Bulls off one postseason and just say we are a regular season team! That was two years ago, and we pretty much have a whole new bench that is starting to come together pretty well! We also have Rip who has been pretty solid!

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:41 AM

Bro stop:facepalm:

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:45 AM
I would like to throw out there that the nets are 7-12 against teams that are currently in the playoffs. Not that good!

el hidalgo
01-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Honestly, the bulls defense is going to be incredible when rose is back. rose is fast enough and will be strong enough to guard most SG's now. he can also guards all PG's do to his elite speed. hinrich often gets beat by quick guard. That wont happen anymore. boozer and noah finally learned how to work together. booz cruise finally living up to expectations, leading the league in double doubles. this team is special. expect big things, because i dont think a team in this league can take the bulls in a full 7.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:47 AM

Not really true... Mavs were a deep team when they beat the heat

shep33
01-15-2013, 03:48 AM
No. I love what I'm seeing and Thibs is just as valuable as many star players out there, but offensively they're very inconsistent.

Now when they get Rose back... look out. I like this supporting cast better than last years. Minus Hinrich

Zefflin
01-15-2013, 03:49 AM

Ain't that the truth...

cutiepie80
01-15-2013, 03:50 AM

Very true.

Star Players-Dirk

Where is anyone else on that team?
Chandler -NYK
Barrea- Minn
Kidd- NYK
Terry- Bos

That is a perfect example, kudos.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:52 AM
Honestly, the bulls defense is going to be incredible when rose is back. rose is fast enough and will be strong enough to guard most SG's now. he can also guards all PG's do to his elite speed. hinrich often gets beat by quick guard. That wont happen anymore. boozer and noah finally learned how to work together. booz cruise finally living up to expectations, leading the league in double doubles. this team is special. expect big things, because i dont think a team in this league can take the bulls in a full 7.

Exactly and this season pretty much every elite PG we played against as scorched us because Nate has no defense! Rose will also help for transition points which have been another problem this year!

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Ain't that the truth...

Indeed the truth

el hidalgo
01-15-2013, 03:56 AM
bulls match up with the heat so well. heat cant handle two dominant big men in boozer and noah. our best defenders will be guarding their best players too. noah and taj on bosh at all times. deng or butler on lebron at all times. rose or butler guarding wade.

This years bulls team is just different from any other if youd actually watch them. they play together and pass to each other so well. the team is finally cohesive. the defense is still godly. even boozer is playing some d now a days. i just dont see any team beating the bulls with a healthy AND MUCH STRONGER drose. drose was looking swole as hell in the photo of him peaking around the corner.

shep33
01-15-2013, 03:57 AM

But there is quite a big caveat there. LeBron played like a role player that series. He plays to his averages in like 3 of the 6 games Miami probably wins that series.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 04:07 AM
bulls match up with the heat so well. heat cant handle two dominant big men in boozer and noah. our best defenders will be guarding their best players too. noah and taj on bosh at all times. deng or butler on lebron at all times. rose or butler guarding wade.

This years bulls team is just different from any other if youd actually watch them. they play together and pass to each other so well. the team is finally cohesive. the defense is still godly. even boozer is playing some d now a days. i just dont see any team beating the bulls with a healthy AND MUCH STRONGER drose. drose was looking swole as hell in the photo of him peaking around the corner.

We would see a lot of lineups with Noah on Bosh, Deng on Lebron, and Butler on Wade. All three Bulls players are really good defenders on really good scorers! Now I am not saying the Bulls defenders will shut down the Big three but they wont get any easy points!

shep33
01-15-2013, 04:10 AM
Love how the Bulls play though. When Rose gets back, they'll be dirty.

smiddy012
01-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Heat won the East last year, it's theirs until someone takes it from them.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 04:16 AM
I want everyone here pay attention to the Bulls games until all-star break!

Out of the last 16 games until all-star break Bulls play 10 teams that would be a playoff team if the playoffs started today. We also play Utah who is a very tough team and the Lakers if they want to be.

Jazz we play away and Lakers we play home!

As for the other 10 tough games we have 7 road games

Boston
Milwaukee
Brooklyn
Atlanta
Indiana
Denver
Boston

3 home games!

Memphis
Golden State
San Antonio

Reason I am throwing this out there is because if we have a good record coming out of this then the NBA really better watch out!

bucketss
01-15-2013, 09:32 AM
without rose i don't think they have enough fire power to beat miami in 7 game series and we all know boozer isn't going to show up in the playoffs.

SteBO
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm actually a fan of theirs. They are a team that competes every night, and they never surrender anything easy most nights. Chicago does match up well against the Heat, but they don't match up any better now than they did 2 years ago, and we know how that series went, although it really could've gone either way after Game 1. With even an 70-80% Rose, it would be a fantastic series.

Knick bag
01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I like the bulls but you are a true HOMER if you think the Heat arent the favorites and the Knicks are a fluke. We have seen the Bulls do this the last 2 years when Rose missed games. In the playoffs they get exposed without a true #2 scorer. I thought the owner would have signed OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, Or JR Smith the last couple of seasons to give Rose some help but he is as cheap as ever. Celtics still a force and Brooklyn could make some noise as soon as they fire DO ME FAVORS

pacofunk64
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
No way...they are way to inconsistent. We just beat the crap out of the Knicks then turned around and got our ***** beat by the Suns. We are also 11-10 at home.

koreancabbage
01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
I like the bulls but you are a true HOMER if you think the Heat arent the favorites and the Knicks are a fluke. We have seen the Bulls do this the last 2 years when Rose missed games. In the playoffs they get exposed without a true #2 scorer. I thought the owner would have signed OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, Or JR Smith the last couple of seasons to give Rose some help but he is as cheap as ever. Celtics still a force and Brooklyn could make some noise as soon as they fire DO ME FAVORS

its true, Bulls still the same team or a little worse than the last time the Bulls played Miami in the playoffs while the Heat have improved their bench immensely since that playoff series. Still going to be a good series but if I had to choose a winner Miami in 5 or 6 right now.

JordansBulls
01-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Bulls aren't the favorites. Have you seen the teams we have lost to at home this season? Bucks twice, Bobcats, Hornets, Suns to name a few.

ManRam
01-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I still think it's more effort than anything else. The defense might be a new concern, but I don't buy the rebounding issue especially if Spo chooses to actually go big come playoffs. I've seen them adjust just fine in regards to rebounding against the Bulls after we throttled them in that department in game 1 of that series.

At the same time, as I mentioned in the game thread, other greats who won championships have mentioned how difficult it is to maintain the same motivation the season after you win one.

Why would Spo suddenly decide to go big in the playoffs? If he's gonna do it, I'd imagine he'd transition to that sooner rather than later.

TyrionLannister
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Not favorites, but their defense should keep them in every game. It'll all come down to execution in the final 5 minutes.

Doogolas
01-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Pretty much this.

The only thing different though, is that their defense has been pretty bad this year. In the past they still had a damn good defense in spite of their supposed "coasting".

Shammyguy3
01-15-2013, 11:42 AM
But there is quite a big caveat there. LeBron played like a role player that series. He plays to his averages in like 3 of the 6 games Miami probably wins that series.

Same can be said about Rose. Who played awful for most of that series.

Doogolas
01-15-2013, 11:50 AM

Did he play well at any point in that series? I'm pretty sure he was just God awful all the time.

KingsOfQueens
01-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Heat
Nets

Bulls

Celtics

Pacers
Knicks

I'll bet you the Knicks finish higher than the Nets. If the Nets better I'll leave PSD forever, if the Knicks finish better you do PSD the huge favor of leaving.

Deal?

Uncbball234
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM

This guy predicted the Bulls to beat the Heat in the playoffs before the season. He's also never been wrong so just an FYI

Captain Moroni
01-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Bulls have overachieved so far this season without Rose doing most of the shooting. Jury is out until we see if this has a negative effect on the overall balance of the offense.

Mitch Kramer
01-15-2013, 11:57 AM
He played bad because he was tired from carrying the Role Players on the Bulls. Also Lebron locked him down in the 4th quarter. It'll happen again if the Bulls are lucky enough to get to the ECF.

Doogolas
01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
He played bad because he was tired from carrying the Role Players on the Bulls. Also Lebron locked him down in the 4th quarter. It'll happen again if the Bulls are lucky enough to get to the ECF.

LeBron didn't do ****. Rose was awful ALL game. LeBron being in front of him didn't make him any better or worse. He was ****ing awful the whole series regardless of who was on him.

Mitch Kramer
01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
LeBron didn't do ****. Rose was awful ALL game. LeBron being in front of him didn't make him any better or worse. He was ****ing awful the whole series regardless of who was on him.

He was awful because he was gassed. And to say Lebron playing defense on him in the 4th had nothing to do with that, is ignorant. Did you watch the games?

Uncbball234
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
He was awful because he was gassed. And to say Lebron playing defense on him in the 4th had nothing to do with that, is ignorant. Did you watch the games?

This

Doogolas
01-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Did you? Look at Rose's performance in any quarter of the entire series. He was awful regardless of who was in front of him, LeBron had nothing to do with it except that he was another body Rose failed to accomplish anything against in the entire series.

SteBO
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
It was a team effort to stop Rose in that series. That series actually epitomized just how good the Heat defense truly was, and still can be if they put their minds to it. LBJ had a big hand in it, but overall Miami's team defense got the job done. But to say LeBron had NOTHING to do with it, is a bit of a stretch.......

Mitch Kramer
01-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Did you? Look at Rose's performance in any quarter of the entire series. He was awful regardless of who was in front of him, LeBron had nothing to do with it except that he was another body Rose failed to accomplish anything against in the entire series.

yup, and it was apparent that Rose struggled to get to the hoop, get an open look etc much more when Lebron was on him. I'm aware that Rose shot poorly that entire series, and didn't play well overall. However it was obvious he would struggle against Lebron's length and athletism regardless if he was playing well or not. Thats what has worried me after that series was over. Yea people say all the games were close, but when the Heat made the defensive switch on Rose in the 4th quarter, the Bulls struggled mightily to score, and thats why the Heat won all those "close" games.

koreancabbage
01-15-2013, 12:23 PM

they took the ball out of his hand and he didn't have a consistent jump shot at that time and it was his decision making as well.

that's why Rose sucked that series. Heat defense was definitely a huge contribution to the lack of offensive options for Rose that series. Heat are long and fast on defense and recover quickly. You are a fool to think Rose sucked b/c Rose sucked on his own accord.

Nihenben
01-15-2013, 12:45 PM

The Knicks aren't a fluke, but it's a fact that you can't win championships (7 game series) with 3 point shooting and that's the only way the Knicks know how to beat good teams right now. People want to believe it's a fluke because a handful of players are shooting career bests from behind the arc and expect them to cool off, but the truth is wide open 3's (which they are getting all day) = higher % shots. Amare could help with low post offense, but he couldn't get Phoenix over the hump either. NY has very good individual defenders but their team defense is easily the worst out of any "contender" even with last seasons supposed best defensive player in the league. This is a fact, not just my bias opinion, proven by numbers. The Knicks are one of the WORST rebounding teams in the league and give up 45.6% shooting on avg to opposing teams. You wont win championships by getting out rebounded on a consistant basis while allowing opposing teams to shoot a higher % from the floor as well. Shumpert may help with the perimeter D, but a team should not be giving up 45.6% from the field with the reigning DPOY and one of the BEST defensive anchors in the league, unless their defensive rotations are just THAT bad.

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Woodson is just not a good coach. The knicks have depth which is nice for the regular season but that doesn't help in the post season.

Knick bag
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
True, rotations tighten in the post season but DEPTH doesnt help in the post season?!?! Im sure the Mavs would agree

Doogolas
01-15-2013, 01:10 PM
yup, and it was apparent that Rose struggled to get to the hoop, get an open look etc much more when Lebron was on him. I'm aware that Rose shot poorly that entire series, and didn't play well overall. However it was obvious he would struggle against Lebron's length and athletism regardless if he was playing well or not. Thats what has worried me after that series was over. Yea people say all the games were close, but when the Heat made the defensive switch on Rose in the 4th quarter, the Bulls struggled mightily to score, and thats why the Heat won all those "close" games.

No he didn't. Rose got right LeBron on at least two occasions without even a little issue and failed MISERABLY at finishing. He was God awful because he was tired and the Heat put insane amounts of pressure on him. Rose was awful all series regardless of who was on him, because as Stebo said, the Heat played GREAT team defense on him.

And Stebo, I'm not denying LeBron played a huge role in making Rose play like ****, but it wasn't when he was covering him 1 on 1 in the 4th, it was that LeBron is the anchor to the Heat's defense, and their defense was absolutely incredible. LeBron played a huge role in that like he always does. But 1 on 1, he didn't do anymore to op Rose than anybody else did. Rose played like **** because he played like ****. That playing like **** was caused by the Heat's defense, but LeBron didn't do anything particularly special in the 4 or 5 minutes he covered Rose explicitly, for lack of a better term.

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 01:10 PM
The mavs should be thanking lebron every time they see him for choking in that series.

BigBlueCrew
01-15-2013, 01:12 PM
The mavs should be thanking lebron every time they see him for choking in that series.

yes the NBA world revolves around Lebron's stupid *** :rolleyes:

JiffyMix88
01-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Heat
Nets

Bulls

Celtics

Pacers
Knicks

I've seen your join date and your name and I was curious the name DOMEFAVORS does that pertain to you wanting Derrick Favors to have anal sex with you when he was drafted?

Southsideheat
01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
It was a team effort to stop Rose in that series. That series actually epitomized just how good the Heat defense truly was, and still can be if they put their minds to it. LBJ had a big hand in it, but overall Miami's team defense got the job done. But to say LeBron had NOTHING to do with it, is a bit of a stretch.......

That year the Bulls offense was in the lower half of the league. I don't think it was much of a surprise that the Bulls had trouble scoring that series.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 06:51 PM
its true, Bulls still the same team or a little worse than the last time the Bulls played Miami in the playoffs while the Heat have improved their bench immensely since that playoff series. Still going to be a good series but if I had to choose a winner Miami in 5 or 6 right now.

I wouldn't say a worse team, we had problems scoring against them! Marco and Rip can score and they weren't on the team when we lost to them

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Woodson is just not a good coach. The knicks have depth which is nice for the regular season but that doesn't help in the post season.

Woodson is a much better coach than D'Antoni! That can make a difference!

HowFit
01-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm interested in seeing what form Rose will be in when he gets back...

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM

That is yet to be seen.

KingsOfQueens
01-15-2013, 07:11 PM

That is yet to be seen.

Dude I know you're a Knicks hater but those statements are just asinine and false and just proves you don't watch Knick basketball. At all.

If you watch Knicks game on an everyday basis, things like rotations, help D, and accountability from literally everyone on the team were non-existant at all under D'antoni. It's evident he was a **** coach when every time out of timeouts the plays he called made you scratch your head until it bleeding wondering how this guy had a job.

This is the guy who can't turn around a Laker team who has Kobe, Dwight, Gasol and Nash. This is the guy who said a better defense is scoring more points.

No thanks, I'll take Woodson 11 times out of 10 rather than that clown.

I'll give D'antoni this, he's an offensive genius. But his system is only applicable to certain types of players, and if he doesn't have those players, it won't work. AKA he can't make adjustments for ****, in other words, he's NOT a good coach. Coaching is adjustments.

I've never seen any Knicks players this motivated in a decade than we are with Woodson.

cheesypacker
01-15-2013, 07:19 PM
im gunna say the heat is better than then this year.

BIG worm
01-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Bulls are not the favorites. We are wildly inconsistent and are going to have to rework Rose back into the team. Bulls still have plenty of work to do. I wont discount the Heat as favorites due to poor regular season play. They are a different beast in the playoffs. But aside from the Heat i like our chances against anyone else in the east.

STA_PLAR
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Yes for a couple of reasons.

1. Their team has the best record in the East.
2. They beat the Knicks three times therefore they are the best team in the NBA.
3. Their best player has flourished on their team all season long and is destined to be MVP this year.
4. They didn't lose to Phoenix the other night at home.
5. Luol Deng is a monster!
6. Oh yeah, good rebounding and great defense has helped them beat Philly last year and Miami the year before that.

Is this really a thread. Too many fans of good teams jumping the gun too early in the season (i.e. Knicks fans, Bulls Fans, Clipper Fans).

Sleeping on the Miami's and the OKC's of the world.

Lets let the season play out.

Tap your team on the back and be happy but don't get over excited about ANYTHING!

Money_23
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
wait till Rose gets back.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
That is yet to be seen.

They started off 18-19 last year compared to 24-13

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Bulls are not the favorites. We are wildly inconsistent and are going to have to rework Rose back into the team. Bulls still have plenty of work to do. I wont discount the Heat as favorites due to poor regular season play. They are a different beast in the playoffs. But aside from the Heat i like our chances against anyone else in the east.
I do agree when Rose comes back it will be a setback for a week or two

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
They started off 18-19 last year compared to 24-13

more talented team this year....

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
They have pretty much the same team with out Lin and Fields! Your making zero sense! Another thing that shocks me is a Heat fan saying a coach sucks! Have you seen your coach???

STL Don
01-15-2013, 08:00 PM
The Bulls are a team that nobody else can overlook. They have great chemistry lead by a brilliant head coach and everybody plays their role the way they're supposed to.
Once Rose returns, they should only be that much more scary. If he can even return to half the player he was, they'll be one of the favorites out East. And that's worst case scenario. Likely he'll be coming back strong, some think stronger than ever.. and if that happens, they might just be my pick out East, outside the Heat.

Miami's the defending champs, however, I, among the very few, do believe they can very well be beaten. And it can be done by these Bulls with the way there players are performing now, along with a healthy Rose. I believe his return will be inspirational and will add a spark on top of what's already going on and may possibly put them over the top.

Very soon, great things will be happening in Chicago.

KingsOfQueens
01-15-2013, 08:03 PM

KingsOfQueens
01-15-2013, 08:03 PM

Defense?

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
They have pretty much the same team with out Lin and Fields! Your making zero sense! Another thing that shocks me is a Heat fan saying a coach sucks! Have you seen your coach???

Yea. Spo has a ring on his finger. Along with only 3 other coaches in the league. hate on him all you want.

Ever hear the term addition by subtraction? Look it up.

also, the knicks are a lot more healthy this season(amare hurts that team), and kidd has been great gor them.

But recently the knicks have been pretty awful, and there defense is bad.

KingsOfQueens
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Yea. Spo has a ring on his finger. Along with only 3 other coaches in the league. hate on him all you want.

also, the knicks are a lot more healthy this season(amare hurts that team), and kidd has been great gor them.

They just get off to horrid starts because with Felton out the only person that can put the ball in the basket is Melo. His paint penetration and P&R is vital. Their defense has just been lacking the same intensity since the beginning of the season but you still see it late in the games. That is no concern. We know how they can play. Just like how you guys should have no concern either (and I'm sure you dont). Wade will be back to his elite self by seasons end.

fin_frenzy_84
01-15-2013, 08:16 PM

Spo has a ring because of the team around him... The play 60 kid can get a ring coaching the Heat!

This is the play 60 kid just in case you don't know lol

http://baseballandthings.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/kid-play-60.png?w=250&h=200&crop=1

Kidd hasn't been all that at all this year! 8.3 points with a .412%

el hidalgo
01-15-2013, 08:16 PM

ironic. this argument holds no weight when you're debating kobe vs lebron, but it does now?

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Spo has a ring because of the team around him... The play 60 kid can get a ring coaching the Heat!

This is the play 60 kid just in case you don't know lol

http://baseballandthings.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/kid-play-60.png?w=250&h=200&crop=1

Kidd hasn't been all that at all this year! 8.3 points with a .412%

In case you didn't know. A player can bring more to the table than just his scoring.

KingsOfQueens
01-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Don't understand why Justinnum1 refuses to respond to all my posts that are directed at him. :shrug:

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Defense?

What?

And what do you mean i dont reply to your posts? You're not asking any questions, just stating your opinion..

KingsOfQueens
01-16-2013, 02:11 AM
I was looking forward to hearing your reasoning as to why you think Dantoni is a better coach than Woodson.

Federal Reserve
01-16-2013, 02:40 AM
The Bulls are a worse team with Rose. He's an inefficient ball hog with no defensive awareness. Also, Rose takes terrible shots and comes up short in the clutch. He's a solid player, but let's not act like an Allen Iverson Version 0.5 is going to get the Bulls past the Heat, Knicks, Nets and/or Celtics.

Stunner
01-16-2013, 02:46 AM
The Bulls are a worse team with Rose. He's an inefficient ball hog with no defensive awareness. Also, Rose takes terrible shots and comes up short in the clutch. He's a solid player, but let's not act like an Allen Iverson Version 0.5 is going to get the Bulls past the Heat, Knicks, Nets and/or Celtics.
You're just a female

DeyAce
01-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Bulls are gonna be dangerous when Rose comes back

Doogolas
01-16-2013, 04:00 AM

He's actually quite efficient. But almost!

tp13baby
01-16-2013, 04:23 AM
Do you really think Miami is weaker? Really? Lol. Boozer and Rose too much for LeBron. Never forget LeBron shut DRose down. Secondly, the Heat care 0% about the season. They sleep wall through and win 55-60 games and then will win another title.

Lebron shut him down? Someone find me the quote saying Rose is the hardest player to defend in the league. I know he said it. Someone find it. It was on twitter.

el hidalgo
01-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Lebron shut him down? Someone find me the quote saying Rose is the hardest player to defend in the league. I know he said it. Someone find it. It was on twitter.

:clap: these clowns dont realize how good the bulls will be with one of the most unguardable players in the league back. this team is better than the team 2 years ago. sure, the bulls miss asik, but noah is a better fit for the team. he will be playing the majority of the minutes during the playoffs. taj is good enough to guard centers when noah needs a break. they forget we have rip hamilton and marco bellinelli, who are both dynamic scorers and work great with rose. this is going to be a treat to watch. bulls will definitely take the east by surprise and will be playing OKC in the finals.

O_Touro
01-16-2013, 05:58 AM

:speechless:

LakersIn5
01-16-2013, 07:30 AM
heat have yet to turn on the switch. they are bored. i hate them btw

STA_PLAR
01-16-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm not sleeping on anyone.

Every team has flaws. Players get injured and other **** happens.

We will see what happens.

The Knicks and Bulls both lost in the first round. Ofcourse my Knicks lost to the eventual champion and the Bulls were injured.

Boston is as good as last year. Miami is always Miami.

But it's a new year. Let's see how it goes.

fin_frenzy_84
01-16-2013, 08:11 AM

Most people on here might say let me smoke what your smoking... Ill tell you one thing you aint smoking pot! Its some crack!

iam brett favre
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Celtics, Bulls, Heat, Pacers. Those are the clear top 4 going forward.

justinnum1
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM

Yep. good chance those are the 4 teams in the east semis.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-16-2013, 01:24 PM

No.

I still want that account bet. If the lakers don't make the playoffs I will never show up here again.
If the lakers do make the playoffs you never show your face again . Deal?

el hidalgo
01-16-2013, 01:28 PM
No.

I still want that account bet. If the lakers don't make the playoffs I will never show up here again.
If the lakers do make the playoffs you never show your face again . Deal?
deal

KnickaBocka.44
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM

How is Boston clearly a top 4 team going forward?

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
deal

ATTENTION EVERYONE: Please note when the Lakers make the playoffs this Guy has to leave forever!
You better not be a little girl and keep posting when the lakers make the playoffs.

Somewhere in america kb-pau-dh is sitting at home reading this. Don't worry bro, El hidalgo won't be posting here in a few months. :win:

gotoHcarolina52
01-16-2013, 03:19 PM

Is this it?

"After going 0-for-5 from the floor with a turnover when guarded by LeBron James in Game 4, Derrick Rose struggled against him once again Thursday, going 1-for-10 with two turnovers in Game 5. Rose shot 6.3 percent from the floor in the series when defended by James, lowest among any player that defended him on five or more plays."
http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310526004

HaruSoul
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM

They are the 2nd seed right now, they can easily end up being the #1 seed even with the injuries.

BSplaya2121
01-16-2013, 03:59 PM

Well thats like 8 or 10 minutes above Noah's career average so i could see that there, but Deng is in the top of that category every year so i dont think it will effect him that much.

And there is no reason fight back about the knicks. As Knicks fans we know there will always be hate by other fans. No matter how much logic you might throw at them, so we just gotta keep watching our team and keep riding the wave and we know it will get better once they get healthy. SHUMP ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!:speechless::speechless::speechle ss:

SportsFanatic10
01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE: Please note when the Lakers make the playoffs this Guy has to leave forever!
You better not be a little girl and keep posting when the lakers make the playoffs.

Somewhere in america kb-pau-dh is sitting at home reading this. Don't worry bro, El hidalgo won't be posting here in a few months. :win:

whoever loses will probably just pull a DaNewGuy and pretend like there was no bet and stick around anyways lol.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
whoever loses will probably just pull a DaNewGuy and pretend like there was no bet and stick around anyways lol.

I'm a man of my word. I will leave if i lose. I want you to remember this bet though. When we do make it to the playoffs that troll has to leave :)

rockbottom2010
01-16-2013, 09:15 PM
lots of respect for thibs....it all depends on their franchise player

Doogolas
01-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Is this it?

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310526004

OK. But if you watched all 10 of those plays, Rose blew by James a few times and missed wide open shots within 15 feet. He just wasn't hitting anything, and the later it got, the more tired he got and the more pathetic he played.

CubsBullsBucs
01-17-2013, 03:31 AM
Boston will make it to the East Semis. They have the experience, respect, coaching and just enough talent to get there. Bulls Heat Celtics are in the semis. Idk bout the 4th. I think its b/t the Pacers Knicks and Nets

Doogolas
01-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Boston will make it to the East Semis. They have the experience, respect, coaching and just enough talent to get there. Bulls Heat Celtics are in the semis. Idk bout the 4th. I think its b/t the Pacers Knicks and Nets

Big stretch there. You don't think the 7th or 8th team will make it to the semis. You're going out on a huge limb.

Team*Chicago
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5us5QlqXTU&list=PLDBC838F1B4A956CF&index=25

:rolleyes: You people think LeBron ever shut down Rose.

ManRam
01-17-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5us5QlqXTU&list=PLDBC838F1B4A956CF&index=25

:rolleyes: You people think LeBron ever shut down Rose.

Seriously?!?!

Hahaha.

A) That's one play, out of probably hundreds
B) That move did absolutely nothing to help the Bulls increase their odds of scoring

JordansBulls
01-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Seriously?!?!

Hahaha.

A) That's one play, out of probably hundreds
B) That move did absolutely nothing to help the Bulls increase their odds of scoring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7vykX4mqWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikc-uM_Ekkc