PDA

View Full Version : I made a list of the top active NBA point guards. Who's in your top 5?

DigitalSince84
01-14-2013, 09:06 PM
My Top 5

1) Chris Paul
2) Rajon Rondo
3) Kyrie Irving
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Tony Parker

flea
01-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Paul
Westbrook
Irving
Curry
Parker (Rondo just misses)

Sportfan
01-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Paul
Parker
Rondo
Rose
Westy

TrueFan420
01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Paul
Parker
Rondo
Rose
Westy

He isn't active he is hurt

Sportfan
01-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Push up Westy and throw on Irving

JNoel
01-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Rondo
CP3
Healthy Rose
Curry
Kyrie
Tony Parker
Lilliard
Westbrook
Jennings
Lawson

sventhedog
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
paul
parker
rondo
westbrook
curry

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Stephen Curry
Kyrie Irving

Wrestbrook should be playing shooting guard.

seikou8
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Rondo
CP3
Healthy Rose
Curry
Kyrie
Tony Parker
Lilliard
Westbrook
Jennings
Lawson

:eyebrow: this faceplam worthy

DigitalSince84
01-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I wanted to include Rose....but ya know the deal. I hope he can get back in top form, Adrian Peterson style. Worst case scenario, he ends up like Jason Williams (PG). I pray that doesn't happen.

JNoel
01-14-2013, 09:22 PM
:eyebrow: this faceplam worthy

Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Stephen Curry
Kyrie Irving

Wrestbrook should be playing shooting guard.

^^^

xxplayerxx23
01-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Paul
Westy
Parker
Irving
Rondo
Lillard
Deron
That of course if we are talking right this second

DigitalSince84
01-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Paul
Westbrook
Irving
Curry
Parker (Rondo just misses)

Curry OVER Rondo? Hmmm...

flea
01-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Curry OVER Westbrook? Hmmm...

Westbrook's name is higher...

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Westbrook's name is higher...

He also thought you put Chris Paul fifth and was totally fine with it.

Jets012
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Every time I see Rondo in someone's top 4, I can't take their post seriously. And when they put him 1, then I hope they are trolling. DWill has received a lot of hate this year, which he rightfully should, but he still has outplayed Rondo. Higher TS%, Same PER, Lower TOV%, Higher ORTG, OWS, WS, and WS/48. And before someone gives me the lame stats excuse because I am not even a big stat guy, the Nets have more wins than the Celtics. Rondo started off hot and has quickly cooled down.

My List:

1) Chris Paul (Arguably the most underrated player in the league and could possibly go down as the GOAT PG)
2) Derrick Rose (When Healthy Of Course)
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Deron Williams

Left Off:
6) Rajon Rondo
7) Kyrie Irving (Needs to continue to prove, stay healthy and keep this up and he will eventually crack the top 5)
8) Steph Curry (Same as Irving)
9) Michael Conley (Underrated)
10) Jrue Holliday (Great stats but thats because his usage rate is insanely high)

Mishmin
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Deron Williams really took a hit this year huh.

DigitalSince84
He also thought you put Chris Paul fifth and was totally fine with it.

Sorry, I've been drinking.

xxplayerxx23
Forgot curry duh

JNoel
01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Rondo is the best all-around PG.

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Every time I see Rondo in someone's top 4, I can't take their post seriously. And when they put him 1, then I hope they are trolling. DWill has received a lot of hate this year, which he rightfully should, but he still has outplayed Rondo. Higher TS%, Same PER, Lower TOV%, Higher ORTG, OWS, WS, and WS/48. And before someone gives me the lame stats excuse because I am not even a big stat guy, the Nets have more wins than the Celtics. Rondo started off hot and has quickly cooled down.

My List:

1) Chris Paul (Arguably the most underrated player in the league and could possibly go down as the GOAT PG)
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Deron Williams

Left Off:
6) Rajon Rondo
7) Kyrie Irving (Needs to continue to prove, stay healthy and keep this up and he will eventually crack the top 5)
10) Jrue Holliday (Great stats but thats because his usage rate is insanely high)

Wrestbrook team's worse when he is playing as PG. However, his team is much better if he is playing shooting guard. Definitely disagree with Deron as well who has been mediocre for about two years now.

Rajon Rondo is in the 90th percentile of offense when you consider assists.

xxplayerxx23
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM

My List:

3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Deron Williams

Left Off:
6) Rajon Rondo

Well is it for this year? I didn't really read fully but I thought it was for this year. Deron has been pretty ****** and I think jrue should be ahead or Conley

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM

Chris Paul actually is the best all around PG. He can pass and shoot and will typically do what is best for the team. Rajon Rondo is pass first and doesn't always make the correct choice. Like not taking an easy lay up to get assists.

xxplayerxx23
01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Wrestbrook team's worse when he is playing as PG. However, his team is much better if he is playing shooting guard. Definitely disagree with Deron as well who has been mediocre for about two years now.

Where is the proof? Your statement on westy is laughable. Rondo is good but not better then westy

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM

He's not even a multidimensional player.
He rebounds and passes well.

CP3 - some are calling him possibly the great point guard of all time
Rondo - best passer in the game
Westbrook - best athlete and great scorer
Steph - best shooter
Kyrie - good all around
I'd also put Jrue somewhere up there

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Chris Paul
Tony Parker
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Stephen Curry

seikou8
01-14-2013, 09:34 PM

i tried but :facepalm::facepalm:

DigitalSince84
01-14-2013, 09:35 PM
I really didn't think Curry would have gotten so much love. I have him at my 6, right after Parker.

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Where is the proof? Your statement on westy is laughable. Rondo is good but not better then westy

http://www.keeperofthecourt.com/2013/01/01/russell-westbrook-and-the-value-of-the-assist/

I have been one of the biggest critics of Rondo, but as a PG I'd take him over wrestbrook who continually makes bad choices and chucks far too often.

A lot of Wrestbrook's problem is the coach's fault. If you get a serviceable PG Wrest would be much more prolific if he was playing SG.

seikou8
01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
He's not even a multidimensional player.
He rebounds and passes well.

CP3 - some are calling him possibly the great point guard of all time
Rondo - best passer in the game
Westbrook - best athlete and great scorer
Steph - best shooter
Kyrie - good all around
I'd also put Jrue somewhere up there

time out what?

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:39 PM
http://www.keeperofthecourt.com/2013/01/01/russell-westbrook-and-the-value-of-the-assist/

I have been one of the biggest critics of Rondo, but as a PG I'd take him over wrestbrook who continually makes bad choices and chucks far too often.

A lot of Wrestbrook's problem is the coach's fault. If you get a serviceable PG Wrest would be much more prolific if he was playing SG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0xlP3rntOU

This video is a pretty good example of what I am talking about. Although he blames Russel for the problems, I am going to go ahead and say coaching is the bigger factor here.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
time out what?

Many people think that he could end his career as one of the best point guards, or even THE best point guard to ever play the game. I'm not the only one saying this. Not many players go 23, 6, 11, and 3 steals shooting over 50% from the field while surrounded by mediocre talent.

seikou8
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0xlP3rntOU

This video is a pretty good example of what I am talking about. Although he blames Russel for the problems, I am going to go ahead and say coaching is the bigger factor here.

so that's what we do take games where okc has struggled and lost and Russel has bad game one game. russel is top 5 in assists one best rebounders for his positon and defense is very good and has help lead okc to 28-8 as the pg of the team he has also shot less this year than last.

Guppyfighter
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
so that's what we do take games where okc has struggled and lost and Russel has bad game one game. russel is top 5 in assists one best rebounders for his positon and defense is very good and has help lead okc to 28-8 as the pg of the team he has also shot less this year than last.

This site also explains why his nine assists per game is inflated.

I will listen to any kind of issue you have with the article's argument, but it's pretty solid from what I just read.

Kashmir13579
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
Parker
Irving

In no particular order

JNoel
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Rose
Paul
Rondo
Parker
Irving

In no particular order

Looks like the best list so far...

DigitalSince84
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Looks like the best list so far...

I see this as currently being invalid because we have no idea how Rose will perform again...doncha think?

JNoel
01-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I see this as currently being invalid because we have no idea how Rose will perform again...doncha think?

Agreed, but I'm basing it off his production when healthy which is prob 2nd or 3rd.

Breeze777
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Paul
westbrook
Rondo
Parker
Irving
Curry

Jennins
D-Will

rocket
01-14-2013, 10:08 PM

He's actually the opposite of this.

seikou8
01-14-2013, 10:10 PM
This site also explains why his nine assists per game is inflated.

I will listen to any kind of issue you have with the article's argument, but it's pretty solid from what I just read.
1. Westbrook’s assists are coming while he is surrounded by offensive capability
the first point is stupid of course because he plays with good offensive players and when he gets assists because of it okc is good for reason people and assists doesnt mean your not passing the ball
2. Westbrook is playing beside Durant, Martin, and Ibaka who play almost exclusively within their team’s offense
he has good players aroundthem to use them duh isn't that what people want for him to pass to kd more\
4. The Thunder are not a very good passing team
assists doesnt mean your not passing the ball

he is averaging his highest ast% rate and lowest turnover rate of his career

JNoel
01-14-2013, 10:18 PM
He's actually the opposite of this.

Now that I have looked up both CP3's and Rondo's advanced stats, I see that Paul is only slightly better in a couple more categories than Rondo. It's ignorant to say that Rondo is a terrible PG considering he leads the league in assists by a decent margin, and is 2nd in the league for FG % and rebounding for PGs...

bholly
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
My List:

3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker

7) Kyrie Irving

And yet lower than 4 of the guys you have above him.

97NYer
01-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Rose (healthy) -when healthy one of the best players in the league, youngest MVP ever
Paul
Rondo
Irving
Westbrook -would be higher as a SG
Parker
Lillard
Curry
Holiday

Kashmir13579
01-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Now that I have looked up both CP3's and Rondo's advanced stats, I see that Paul is only slightly better in a couple more categories than Rondo. It's ignorant to say that Rondo is a terrible PG considering he leads the league in assists by a decent margin, and is 2nd in the league for FG % and rebounding for PGs...

CP3 is leaps and bounds better than Rondo. I'm not sure what numbers you are looking at. CP3 is the second best player in the NBA right now IMHO.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
CP3 is leaps and bounds better than Rondo. I'm not sure what numbers you are looking at. CP3 is the second best player in the NBA right now IMHO.

Agreed. As much as I love KD, I'd take CP3 over him. Idk where this guy got Rondo. CP3 is better than Rondo at pretty much everything. Plus CP3 doesn't act like a special ed kid every time they win tip offs.

seikou8
01-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Agreed. As much as I love KD, I'd take CP3 over him. Idk where this guy got Rondo. CP3 is better than Rondo at pretty much everything. Plus CP3 doesn't act like a special ed kid every time they win tip offs.

overall or this season

JNoel
01-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Trip Dub for Rondo tonight...

JNoel
01-14-2013, 11:14 PM

I'm too lazy to post the stats in this forum. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rondora01&y1=2013&p2=paulch01&y2=2013

The numbers are relatively close, though I do see how Paul is slightly better than Rondo.
I've always looked at on-court production rather than stats but it all depends on how you look at it.

Stunner
01-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Thunder would have been better if they traded Westy for Rondo and kept Harden

JNoel
01-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Thunder would have been better if they traded Westy for Rondo and kept Harden

For sure. Imagine the dynasty of Durant, Rondo, Ibaka, Harden :drool:

RenegadeRiot36
01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
There is no way Curry is ahead of Irving. I would take Kyrie 10 times out of 10 over him.

THE MTL
01-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Chris Paul
Stephen curry
Russell Westbrook- in don't care how he plays his NBA position is PG!
Rajan rondo
Tony parker

Kashmir13579
01-15-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm too lazy to post the stats in this forum. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rondora01&y1=2013&p2=paulch01&y2=2013

The numbers are relatively close, though I do see how Paul is slightly better than Rondo.
I've always looked at on-court production rather than stats but it all depends on how you look at it.
The numbers are not relatively close.

Kashmir13579
01-15-2013, 12:02 AM
overall or this season

Any year that he's healthy

Stunner
01-15-2013, 12:07 AM
There is no way Curry is ahead of Irving. I would take Kyrie 10 times out of 10 over him.

Curry is a better playmaker and shooter

NYKNYGNYY
01-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Cp3
Healthy rose
Rondo
Westbrook
Irving

But curry is playing like it n Ty Lawson to

Alayla
01-15-2013, 12:27 AM

My List:

3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Deron Williams

Left Off:
6) Rajon Rondo

Have you seen the shithole of a team around him? his USG has to be high
And too be fair Kyrie Irving who u placed 2 spots above him has a much higher usg
OH and to have D Will as a top 5 PG right now is Sig worthy

Now dont get my wrong i have no Problems with where your ranking Jrue Although he is better than mike conley imo but discrediting the way Jrue is playing right now over a high USG is silly.

yaswaggin
01-15-2013, 01:14 AM
I don't get the psd Westbrook hate

I have him number 2 on my list.

Silent
01-15-2013, 03:04 AM
Paul
Rondo
Westy
Parker
Lillard