PDA

View Full Version : Wizards to Offer Beal+Fillers for Gay?

shep33
01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/jan/13/memphis-grizzlies-management-remains-mum-as-blow/

Source is a little sketchy. It's all over hoopshype though

Terrible move for the Wizards

I'm hoping this is all BS

Tblaze
01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't see the reason to make such a move, you will only get stuck in mediocrity... A total rebuild is a better way to go for them I think.. and now your giving up a young talented player for a good player which will not put you into contention with this team and only clog up your capspace for the coming years...

310Casper
01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
This is why the wizards are the wizards, because of moves like these. In 5 years they'll cry about big market teams winning all the championships though :facepalm:

bigsams50
They must be really confident in Crawford to be the future 2 guard.

j-bay
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/jan/13/memphis-grizzlies-management-remains-mum-as-blow/

Source is a little sketchy. It's all over hoopshype though

Terrible move for the Wizards

I think its BS. The Wizards are more likely to trade Crawford than Beal.

shep33
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I think its BS. The Wizards are more likely to trade Crawford than Beal.

I'm not even a Wizards fan but I hope so. They've made some terrible moves in the past though.

Crawford seems like an anti-grizzlies player lol. It'd be funny if we wound up there.

theducksmuggler
Grizzlies win huge if they get beal in a trade for rudy gay he young talented and on a rookie contract...wizards are so dumb

sep11ie
Gay will be ****ed in Washington.

RipCity32
01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
this cant be true its to idiotic from the Wizards standpoint.

shep33
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Let's not forget some of the deals that the Wiz have made in the past

Trading McGee for Nene
Trading Lewis who only had 13.7 mill guaranteed his last year for Okafor and Ariza

These are blunders

j-bay
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
This is a Memphis blog. Get me something more reliable.

29$JerZ
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I'll give the Wizards the benefit of the doubt because I can't see them being this stupid.

j-bay
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Lets not forget the Wizards didn't go Beal for Harden. Beal is the second best rookie in the league right now. I don't think the Wizards want to give him up yet.

shep33
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Lets not forget the Wizards didn't go Beal for Harden. Beal is the second best rookie in the league right now. I don't think the Wizards want to give him up yet.

Didn't their owner or GM deny that report?

j-bay
01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Didn't their owner or GM deny that report?

Yeah they did. But still I would keep Beal.

Cal827
01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
He's gonna be ****ed in Washington.

j-bay
01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is some Griz fan wishing they got Beal. He prob saw the report and thought "well Wall is out of the ? so the next best case is Beal"

UPRock
01-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't see Memphis trading one of their best player YET! They can make some noise in the playoffs and their record is very good. I'd wait until the offseason.

Stunner
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
If they're trading Beal i wouldnt include a 1st round pick and if i do it will be protected.

Stinkyoutsider
01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Looks like the Wizards are trying to get them a star player. Normally, I would take it slow and rebuild through the draft though, especially for the Wizards who most people don't expect much for the next couple of seasons anyways.

The Wizards think having a star like Gay on their team will attract other stars like Brookland did with Derron Williams. Putting Wall with Gay does sound good as far as improving the product and selling more tickets, but if the Wizards think Gay is the last missing piece, they're wrong I think.

In either case, the Wizards have to get a star player or a player who has talent enough to develop into a star to go along with Wall before he decides to leave the club.

jason17
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
If they're trading Beal i wouldnt include a 1st round pick and if i do it will be protected.

Imo the wizards will get gay lets face facts why would memohis out of no where want gay gone?. Wiz have some players who can still help the grizz either its craw or beal we can give them vesley -singleton and ariza or webster.

But a 2nd pick is what i would give. If wiz keep first and get Gay, beal or not we can pro ably end up drafting a better prospect than beal any way for SG like muhummad or some one else.

Wiz has to do risks but give it a chance.

jason17
01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Looks like the Wizards are trying to get them a star player. Normally, I would take it slow and rebuild through the draft though, especially for the Wizards who most people don't expect much for the next couple of seasons anyways.

The Wizards think having a star like Gay on their team will attract other stars like Brookland did with Derron Williams. Putting Wall with Gay does sound good as far as improving the product and selling more tickets, but if the Wizards think Gay is the last missing piece, they're wrong I think.

In either case, the Wizards have to get a star player or a player who has talent enough to develop into a star to go along with Wall before he decides to leave the club.

Thing is washington been injured all year and lost a whole bunch of games by jist 5 points all year without wall and a injured nene. If we got gay the wiz can easily be very good nect season we have a bad record but if healthy i think we could of been closer to the winning record side.

And you nailes it we wanna attract more players.

Wall
Beal
Gay
Nene
okefor and if kept first -Noel

Wiz would easily be contenders for playoffs with that team.

ElFuturoDeESPN
01-14-2013, 03:27 PM

RipCity32
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Not trying to bash the Wizards but they seem to lose no matter who they have.Remember when they had Arenas,Butler and Jamison in theyre prime and even going into this year I remember people callimg them a playoff team granted Wall has been injured but still.

mdm692
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
This is why the wizards are the wizards, because of moves like these. In 5 years they'll cry about big market teams winning all the championships though :facepalm:

I thought our FO was dumb but the Wizards take the cake by a mile lol.

xxplayerxx23
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
:puke: for the wiz if true

bucketss
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
so they turn down the harden deal and go for this?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Why Washington, why?

Gay will be ****ed in Washington.

:laugh2:

2-ONE-5
01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
lol wow what are they thinking in DC? first they give up McGee for Nene and now this? could of had a bright future with Mcgee, Wall, Beal

j-bay
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
lol wow what are they thinking in DC? first they give up McGee for Nene and now this? could of had a bright future with Mcgee, Wall, Beal

McGee had issues at the end of his time here in DC.

j-bay
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Again this is a Memphis Blog. I wait till i see a more reliable source

MrfadeawayJB
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Beal, Webster and draft pick for Rudy :drool:

j-bay
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Beal, Webster and draft pick for Rudy :drool:

I think this would do

Ariza, Crawford, another player besides Beal and Wall, the 2nd this year(33), and next years 2nd for gay and another player

j-bay
01-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Wizards rookie guard Bradley Beal has not been mentioned in trade discussions with the Memphis Grizzlies involving swingman Rudy Gay, according to Beal’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.

The Memphis Commercial-Appeal reported Monday that the Grizzlies have “entertained” an offer from the Wizards that would include Beal in a larger package.”I’ve talked to both teams. There is absolutely nothing to it,” Bartelstein said.

“The Wizards have made it very clear that they are not moving Brad Beal.”

Multiple league sources confirm that the Wizards have spoken with Memphis about prying away Gay, the team’s leading scorer, with one adding that Washington is “pushing for” his services. That push, however, does not include Beal, the third overall pick of the 2012 draft.

A source with knowledge of the Wizards’ thinking called the report of the team offering Beal, “100 percent not true.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2013/01/14/agent-bradley-beal-has-not-been-offered-to-memphis/

Told you. Just a Griz fan dreaming

Cracka2HI!
01-14-2013, 10:31 PM

Fireworld
01-15-2013, 12:21 AM
I don't see the reason to make such a move, you will only get stuck in mediocrity... A total rebuild is a better way to go for them I think.. and now your giving up a young talented player for a good player which will not put you into contention with this team and only clog up your capspace for the coming years...

Yes they'll be stuck in mediocrity but that won't be so bad, they need to win some games and put out a decent product on the floor. They've been bad and in rebuilding mode for a long time now.

jason17
01-15-2013, 02:35 AM

Enlighten me......what does that quote meaning really mean.
That any body that goes to wsh is done?.

jason17
01-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Wiz looks way better with Wall back and AJ .price too so its pretty clear if Wiz are serious they'll get Rudy Gay.

Wall jump shots and assts skills improved (finally)
Beal improved too
Nene and Okefor been solid and been healthier
We have decent bench players
Gay would be the final piece who can end up having a better system in WSH than he does with the grizzlies .

jason17
01-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Not trying to bash the Wizards but they seem to lose no matter who they have.Remember when they had Arenas,Butler and Jamison in theyre prime and even going into this year I remember people callimg them a playoff team granted Wall has been injured but still.

Wiz always made the playoffs with Butler/Jamison/And Agent 0 ......the problem is we traded them for nothing basically and we drafted very poor players. Yes Nick young-Mcgee-Blatch- are all decent players but are not consistent starters and are headcases.

Are downfall is trading for big overpaid contract guys. Now Nene and Okefor are one of them but they been class acts and been playing well and the wizards looooooook WAY better with Wall back in the line up along with Price as a back up which BTW been outstanding.

Our FO been bad but if we got Rudy Gay i think the culture would finally change since we never look into a player like Rudy before who is young and fits into our rebuilding scheme. Like it or not folks if you want better players and FA your likely gonna have to trade.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-15-2013, 03:34 AM
No way this is true. They could've gotten Beal + for Harden.