PDA

View Full Version : Amare = T-Mac?

NYSpirit1
01-13-2013, 03:17 PM
The decline in their careers has been erringly similar.

As a Knick fan, it's depressing, but I wanted other fans opinions on this.

T-Mac and Amare were both top 10 players. And around 28-30, injuries began to decimate their careers after about ten years in the league of being high flyers.

For Amare, it's been his back and knees.

He's been back about six games now and he looks rusty but just doesn't look the same anymore.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but my hope is probably like a Rockets fan hope in 2009 that McGrady would return to promenience.

It's amazing because just two years ago Amare was a MVP candidate. Just like two years prior to McGradys decline he led a 22 game win steak. And injuries killed them in such a short time frame.

Sadly Melo may never have that high scoring superstar next to him in NY, just a defensive minded one in Chandler.

The same high school to pros story may end the same. Injuries killed their careers.

waveycrockett
01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Amare=K-Mart

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
As Bucks fan we been there before with Redd huge contract and injured for the most part of his max contract. But we did draft him as a second rounder and was cheap for a while. Bogut held our cap hostage as well with freak injuries

Sactown
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Knee injuries are just lingering career enders.

Patrick Ewing33
01-13-2013, 03:40 PM
I know he has only played a few games but he looks no where near half of what he was. I don't really see him being the same. I can see him as a 15ppg player, but with that no defense, not that impressive.

I hope I'm wrong.

rwynyc
01-13-2013, 03:42 PM
I will give him a couple of more weeks before i pass judgement on him.

jevans22
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
TMac was away better than Amar'e.

DoMeFavors
01-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Can knick fans finally admit Joe Johnson > Amare?

DoMeFavors
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
The decline in their careers has been erringly similar.

As a Knick fan, it's depressing, but I wanted other fans opinions on this.

T-Mac and Amare were both top 10 players. And around 28-30, injuries began to decimate their careers after about ten years in the league of being high flyers.

For Amare, it's been his back and knees.

He's been back about six games now and he looks rusty but just doesn't look the same anymore.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but my hope is probably like a Rockets fan hope in 2009 that McGrady would return to promenience.

It's amazing because just two years ago Amare was a MVP candidate. Just like two years prior to McGradys decline he led a 22 game win steak. And injuries killed them in such a short time frame.

Sadly Melo may never have that high scoring superstar next to him in NY, just a defensive minded one in Chandler.

The same high school to pros story may end the same. Injuries killed their careers.

Chandler is a superstar? oh. my.god

KnicksorBust
01-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Too early to say.

KingPosey
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
I guess you can say they both have health issues in their peaks, that's similar. Tmac was better than Amare ever has been for the most part.

Hardaway Here
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Well T-Mac and Amare were never on the same lvl when you consider both their peaks but I get gist of what your saying. That's always been the deal though when you have lingering injuries it's hard to have the same impact.

Enzo
01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
NYSpirit still starting ridiculous threads as usual. :rolleyes:

2 seasons ago Amare played amazing in NY and he was the talk of the town.

Last season he had season ending type of injuries in a shortened season and his brother got killed. Of course he had a crappy year as everyone knows.

Now he's back after his injuries and has played 6 games and you criticize his game for not being at an all star level anymore. LOL What a joke. No player just returns to their previous form after missing 8 months of NBA play. He needs at least a few more weeks or maybe even months to return to form.

People in here are so quick to bash athletes. It's not a video game. Our players just don't refill their health meter and play at 100% after injuries. :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Too early to say.

This. For god sakes what has he been back for 8 games? At the Most. Lol terrible thread again.

xxplayerxx23
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM

While he was better I don't think your being fair to how dominat amare was in phoneix and his first year in ny

JasonJohnHorn
01-13-2013, 05:25 PM
It takes some guys time to get back in the swing of things. Dirk is struggling right now to.

It may be likely that Amare never returns to his level of play in Phoenix (or even his first half season in NY), but I'm hopefully he will. He was a really talented guy to watch offensively. He could just do so much.

But yeah... injuries can kill a career. And it seems like every team has a guy that went down with a huge contract and injuries. McGrady. Hill. Amare. The list goes on.

TheNumber37
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Tmac was better than Amare. And Amare right now is still playing better than Tmac from the end of his rocket years to his Atlanta Hawk year.

TheNumber37
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
If Amare averages more than 16ppg and 7rpg, than he's still more than serviceable.

Through 7 games he's at about 10ppg and 4 rpg, shooting below 500. He doesn't look finished though, as he at least moving well... so those numbers should come up.

xxplayerxx23
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
And again it's 6 games!!

Ill21
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
And again it's 6 games!!

This, way to early to tell. I will being to judge his game after the All star break

Knick bag
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
First I have to LOL. Now, really 6 games in and Amare is TMac?!?
Not saying it may not end up that way but waaaayyyyy to earlier to even consider this. And yes, I will take Amare over Joe Johnson still.

GiantsSwaGG
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
How's Dirk been?

STA_PLAR
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Amare is not on Tmac's level in his prime. Also I think Amare already has surpassed the fall of TMAc because when Mac fell he fell HARD. Pause. He declined like crazy after he was traded to the knicks and had that 30 point game against OKC. In Det and ATL he was just a playmaker for 5 mins a game lol.

GiantsSwaGG
01-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Tmac couldn't even dunk, to compare the two now is laughable lol

ball4reel
01-13-2013, 06:02 PM
I wish the Mods would ban him from making threads!!!!

oak2455
01-13-2013, 06:04 PM

that makes too much sense:laugh:

Knick bag
01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Already

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
I think the issue is more that he isn't that good. He had some great offensive years sure, but he's always been one of the worst defenders in the league.

xxplayerxx23
01-13-2013, 06:31 PM
While I agree Prime T-Mac was better then Prime Amare you guys are acting as if Amare was a scrub. The guy could score with the best of them.

KniCks4LiFe
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Nah... chill. T-Mac was done. Stat is more like Herb Williams w/ no D.

D-Leethal
01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
You gotta give him time and wait to see what his production is like with 30 mins. Dirk's numbers were extremely pedestrian when he was coming off the bench playing limited minutes too.

NYSpirit1
01-13-2013, 09:01 PM
NYSpirit still starting ridiculous threads as usual. :rolleyes:

2 seasons ago Amare played amazing in NY and he was the talk of the town.

Last season he had season ending type of injuries in a shortened season and his brother got killed. Of course he had a crappy year as everyone knows.

Now he's back after his injuries and has played 6 games and you criticize his game for not being at an all star level anymore. LOL What a joke. No player just returns to their previous form after missing 8 months of NBA play. He needs at least a few more weeks or maybe even months to return to form.

People in here are so quick to bash athletes. It's not a video game. Our players just don't refill their health meter and play at 100% after injuries. :facepalm:

Are you delusional?

I'm being a realistic Knick fan.

Amare is my absolute favorite player and has been. I'm not knocking him.

I'm saying its depressing to see injuries decimate him when we were hoping to at least get three elite years out if his five year deal. Year one was excellent. In the playoffs against the Celtics is where it started. He injured his back badly.

A lockout happened. He continued his injury into post lockout and never had any lift all year. He looked crippled. He went from 25 and 8 to 17.5 and under 8 and even those numbers far surpassed what his play suggested.

He reinjured his back last year only to come back and tear up his hand on a fire extinguisher. Then he comes back ready to go this year and his knee goes to hell.

These are all career altering injuries. And it started with a failed dunk attempt in warm ups vs. the Celtics.

It's too bad. I wanted Melo-Amare to be unstoppable. But I don't think Amare's body will let him be anymore. And I think this offense won't let his integration take place. He seems pressed to get touches with Chandler having his best season, Smith shooting 15 times a game and Melo averaging 30 a night.

Which sucks because truthfully a dominant Amare would be more impactful than Chandler or Smith would.

He just doesn't look good out there. He shows flashes and sadly, even if he did get to a good level, I bet he'd get injured again. He's fragile.

nycericanguy
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
he's been rusty and his timing is clearly off, that being said he's still scoring 16ppg PER 36 so far.

I expect that to be around 20ppg PER 36 when he finds his rhythm. But i think his 36mpg days are over, so in about 28-30mpg I'd expect around 16ppg from him on 50% shooting

SINCESTARBURY25
01-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Amare for Dirk and Vinsanity Lol. I wouldn't do that but yeah Amare just needs to get motivated again.

Enzo
01-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Are you delusional?

I'm saying its depressing to see injuries decimate him when we were hoping to at least get three elite years out if his five year deal. Year one was excellent. In the playoffs against the Celtics is where it started. He injured his back badly.

A lockout happened. He continued his injury into post lockout and never had any lift all year. He looked crippled. He went from 25 and 8 to 17.5 and under 8 and even those numbers far surpassed what his play suggested.

He reinjured his back last year only to come back and tear up his hand on a fire extinguisher. Then he comes back ready to go this year and his knee goes to hell.

These are all career altering injuries. And it started with a failed dunk attempt in warm ups vs. the Celtics.

It's too bad. I wanted Melo-Amare to be unstoppable. But I don't think Amare's body will let him be anymore. And I think this offense won't let his integration take place. He seems pressed to get touches with Chandler having his best season, Smith shooting 15 times a game and Melo averaging 30 a night.

Which sucks because truthfully a dominant Amare would be more impactful than Chandler or Smith would.

He just doesn't look good out there. He shows flashes and sadly, even if he did get to a good level, I bet he'd get injured again. He's fragile.

You got me, I'm delusional for calling you out for wondering why Amare looks rusty after 6 games back from an 8 month layoff from NBA ball.

This coming from the guy who has more threads closed down by mods then he does total posts. :rolleyes:

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2013, 12:00 AM

this

oak2455
01-14-2013, 12:02 AM
this

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

oak2455
01-14-2013, 12:03 AM
You got me, I'm delusional for calling you out for wondering why Amare looks rusty after 6 games back from an 8 month layoff from NBA ball.

This coming from the guy who has more threads closed down by mods then he does total posts. :rolleyes:

tell him Enzo:clap::clap:

NYSpirit1
01-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Are you delusional?

Good job - way to knock me while not even answering what I said. Another way of admitting I'm right.

Thank you.

arealballer
01-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Amare's problems started much earlier than OP suggests. He had micro fracture at 22 years of age.

east fb knicks
01-14-2013, 02:37 AM
omg i cant wait for amare to get back healthy and felton to come back amare is far from washed up :facepalm:

Becks2307
01-14-2013, 03:06 AM
6 games bro and he has actually looked better with each one.

JordansBulls
01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Not even close.

sventhedog
01-14-2013, 09:42 PM
these fragile players should all retire then make a new team which plays 10 games per season. they'll only play to try to break ties between teams.

starters: oden amare tmac redd roy
bench: love yao ginobilli j.oneal
extra bench: iron man, etc

although they'll need extra bench players who would play majority of the minutes. lol.