PDA

View Full Version : Why don't the Lakers get as much heat as the Heat did 2 years ago?

Rivera
01-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Evertime the heat lost a game it was the lead on sportscenter and the world was gonna end for the heat

They were the laughing stock of the league being 9-8 there first year together

I dont see the lakers who built a "super team" getting the type of heat miami did and LA is a bigger market than miami

Is there a reason for this?

Chronz
01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Because this is just getting sad now

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Because of "The Decision" and the fact that there are a bunch of a Lakers fans as well.

SteBO
01-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Well as much as Miami's big event after LBJ came down here is overblown and made too much out of, it did get looked at in a negative light. LA did no such thing, but more importantly.....

Everyone knows that Nash and Kobe simply aren't spring chickens, Mike D'Antoni isn't the greatest coach, and the players don't fit the system. Miami had a smaller room for excuses given the talent up top, while LA has many things they can point to as a reason for their struggles...

Dwight's health
Players not fitting
D'Antoni
Awful bench
Old age

naps
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Because Heat lost once in every two weeks while the Lakers win barely. Media got used to seeing the Lakers suck. Also, Heat landed 3 of the biggest free agents of year in their primes while the Lakers squad is full of grandpas.

Baller1
01-13-2013, 01:38 PM

This.

ManRam
01-13-2013, 01:40 PM
The Lakers aren't getting heat? I think it's the biggest story in basketball right now.

Perhaps it's because it was obvious that Miami had the talent to be successful and the Lakers genuinely might have flaws that are completely insurmountable. The Heat were underachieving, and that wasn't OK. The Lakers might seriously just suck (injuries obviously playing a huge role).

MiamiBoy77
01-13-2013, 01:47 PM
And it's why "Don't" not why "doesn't". So now you are taking heat

Mr_Jones
01-13-2013, 01:50 PM
The Lakers have much older players and have been injured most of this year. The team would be completely different if you got these players when they were Wade, Bosh, and Lebron's age.

The Heat were/are in their prime, so that's why they got more flack. They had no real excuses. Also, The Decision and the pre-season "party" didn't help their appeal either.

Puppies are young dogs.

Rivera
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
The Lakers aren't getting heat? I think it's the biggest story in basketball right now.

Perhaps it's because it was obvious that Miami had the talent to be successful and the Lakers genuinely might have flaws that are completely insurmountable. The Heat were underachieving, and that wasn't OK. The Lakers might seriously just suck (injuries obviously playing a huge role).

I didnt say they arent getting heat. I said why arent they getting as much heat as the miami heat got

No doubt its the biggest story in basketball but it pales in comparison when the miami heat were going through there struggles.

The nba was much more interesting when lebron didnt have a ring

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
the Lakers did not throw a parade when Dwight came. They didn't have a bunch of fans running around yelling you mad you mad? They actually traded for their players. And I think some people give them a pass because their starting lineup has only played 9 games together.

ManRam
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
I didnt say they arent getting heat. I said why arent they getting as much heat as the miami heat got

No doubt its the biggest story in basketball but it pales in comparison when the miami heat were going through there struggles.

The nba was much more interesting when lebron didnt have a ring

What's a bigger story this year?

I agree they aren't getting as much heat, but I do think it's obvious why. What the Heat had done was unprecedented really. They didn't really have the obvious holes this Lakers team has. They didn't have injuries. They just weren't gelling. The Lakers problems are much more tangible, and that's probably why it's not as big of a story.

heattiltheend94
01-13-2013, 02:13 PM
What's a bigger story this year?

I agree they aren't getting as much heat, but I do think it's obvious why. What the Heat had done was unprecedented really. They didn't really have the obvious holes this Lakers team has. They didn't have injuries. They just weren't gelling. The Lakers problems are much more tangible, and that's probably why it's not as big of a story.

Mike Miller was injured and holes were being called out of the Miami heat such as a bench and lack of a center

el hidalgo
01-13-2013, 02:16 PM
"Lakers" = plural. "doesn't" = singular.

"Why DON'T the lakers..."*

ManRam
01-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Mike Miller was injured and holes were being called out of the Miami heat such as a bench and lack of a center

Mike Miller's injury doesn't compare.

The Lakers' bench is far worse.

The center thing could have been an issue, but the Lakers' defense in infinitely more of a problem. That **** is 100% insurmountable. A lack of a true center isn't gonna cripple a team, a bottom 5 defense will.

LAKobeBryant
01-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Because Miami had arguable the best two players in the league. People talk about Jordan had Pippen etc. But was Jordan and Pippen arguable the best two players in the league at the time?

beasted86
01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Because Heat lost once in every two weeks while the Lakers win barely. Media got used to seeing the Lakers suck. Also, Heat landed 3 of the biggest free agents of year in their primes while the Lakers squad is full of grandpas.

This comment is on the trollish side, but it's pretty much the truth.

Miami never really dropped to as low as .500. They dropped the season opener at Boston to start 0-1, then the next closest was 9-8.... while I'm almost sure the Lakers have never been over .500 this season.

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Because the laker fanbase (as u mentioned a big market and large one) were one of the biggest critics of the HEAT they obviously won't criticize themselves so its simple math that there aren't as many critics because they consist of a huge portion of them.

Call it Karma, they complained about superstars teaming up (even though they did it in the past) and then when they do it their team sucks.

Goes to show you all that just because superstars team up it still takes work to be able to make a good team.

And of course Lebron > Kobe.

abe_froman
01-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Evertime the heat lost a game it was the lead on sportscenter and the world was gonna end for the heat

I dont see the lakers who built a "super team" getting the type of heat miami did and LA is a bigger market than miami

.its one thing when the superteam has a threat to live up to the hype ,but losing is so common place.as chronz said ,its just getting sad now.when your in 11th place,what is there left to say

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 02:41 PM

Because the Lakers didn't have a "we are going to win 8 rings party"

This Lakers team is just flat out cursed. Nash gets hurt to start the season, Dwight comes back when he wasn't a 100 percent, and Gasol had a sex change. Kobe's old as dirt now so that doesn't help either. Everything that could have gone wrong this year has gone wrong.
People always say on here "there is no excuse to lose with 4 allstars on your team". That is just stupid! I only see one maybe two allstars on the lakers this year.

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Because the Lakers didn't have a "we are going to win 8 rings party"

This Lakers team is just flat out cursed. Nash gets hurt to start the season, Dwight comes back when he wasn't a 100 percent, and Gasol had a sex change. Kobe's old as dirt now so that don't help either. Everything that could have gone wrong this year has gone wrong.
People always say on here "there is no excuse to lose with 4 allstars on your team". That is just stupid! I only see one maybe two allstars on the lakers this year.

1. It was a welcome party for the biggest FA signing in our history. Espn. Bought the rights and aired it because everyone was curious not like we went out and said hey everyone look at us.

2. We did the same thing for shaq when he came hell his might have been worse because it was an actual parade and he guaranteed a championship.

3. When lebron said "not 1 not 2 not 7" he was asked what our goal was. What do u expect him to say no I don't want to win championships or I only think we can win 1!!???!

IIISSKiLL
01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
I remember being on this site and Laker fans saying " we got L.A. back!!", "we have the most complete starting 5 in the league", "we're going to beat the heat in the finals!!", MWP "73-9". Haha the Lakers are a joke this season and I love it !

kobebabe
01-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Because LA did not hold a big parade claiming they will not 1...2...3.........but 7 championships:D

Sandman
01-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I think in this situation, the bad rap went to Dwight and Dwight alone. In the last situation, it went to the whole team.

dynasty7961
01-13-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

This is why.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 03:04 PM
1. It was a welcome party for the biggest FA signing in our history. Espn. Bought the rights and aired it because everyone was curious not like we went out and said hey everyone look at us.

2. We did the same thing for shaq when he came hell his might have been worse because it was an actual parade and he guaranteed a championship.

3. When lebron said "not 1 not 2 not 7" he was asked what our goal was. What do u expect him to say no I don't want to win championships or I only think we can win 1!!???!

That was more a of "we are going to be champs" party more than a welcome party.

Lebron handle that whole thing terribly and most lebron fans would a agree.

beliges
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Simple answer because Miami had 3 elite superstars in their prime on the same team. The Lakers are Kobe, an old Nash, an injured Dwight and a finished pau along with a joke coach. And as someone already said, its gotten sad.

el hidalgo
01-13-2013, 03:15 PM
hating lebron was much more accepted back then. there were many more haters, and there were even more lebron hating kobe homers. i used to lurk back in the day, and the amount of kobe fans with sigs about lebron and his lack of rings was ridiculous.

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
that's ur opinion which is wrong I'm telling u a fact sunspots (local tv) and local papers all had it as a welcome party (they compared it to shaqs but indoors before it even aired and it was last second) then espn wanted in to televise it national to make $$$.

The rest was horrible miss interpretation by jealous and angry fans. Watch it again he was answering a question not deliberately saying they would win out of nowhere.

Then watches shaqs welcome party. He out right just guarantees a championship not responding to anything.

But nobody made shaqs a big deal why?

Because everyone was jealous and mad they either didn't get lebron or felt their team had no chance at winnin again or that this would ruin the balance of power.

But the when other teams started to do it it became okay. And people use the decision as a scapegoat.

But what they fail to realize is u can put good players on a team but they won't be champions. It takes truly special players to put their egos and salaries aside to win and share the ball and spotlight.

Something the Carmelo's, Kobe's, Dwight's, derons failed at so far.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
that's ur opinion which is wrong I'm telling u a fact sunspots (local tv) and local papers all had it as a welcome party (they compared it to shaqs but indoors before it even aired and it was last second) then espn wanted in to televise it national to make $$$.

The rest was horrible miss interpretation by jealous and angry fans. Watch it again he was answering a question not deliberately saying they would win out of nowhere.

Then watches shaqs welcome party. He out right just guarantees a championship not responding to anything.

Because everyone was jealous and mad they either didn't get lebron or felt their team had no chance at winnin again or that this would ruin the balance of power.

But the when other teams started to do it it became okay. And people use the decision as a scapegoat.

But what they fail to realize is u can put good players on a team but they won't be champions. It takes truly special players to put their egos and salaries aside to win and share the ball and spotlight.

You act like lebron is a one man show.
Not sure if you noticed but the heat are the best basketball team in the world as a whole.

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2013, 03:24 PM

Not sure if you noticed but the heat are the best basketball team in the world as a whole.

...Okay? We're talking about why they got so much hate and why other superteams now like the lakers aren't getting the same criticism. The main hate for the heat was directed at lebron moments as stated in this thread I'm merely replying to this false allegations

Big Zo
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Because LeBron signed with another team as a free agent, and that's the worst possible thing a human being can ever do. TV specials are also evil.

Rivera
01-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I figured the lakers would get around the same amount of heat as the Miami hear for several reasons:

Bigger media market

An actual sportscenter across staples center leading to more coverage by espn

The hatrid for Dwight after the dwightmare

The hatrid for Kobe

The hatrid of nba fans towards the laker fan base

Mike brown

Mike d antoni

And my biggest thought was:

Since lebron finally got his ring and a new "super team " was born to take down the heat I'd figure pele needed a new team to hate on just cause most people are haters and want to hate on someone or something

Big Zo
01-13-2013, 03:29 PM
I figured the lakers would get around the same amount of heat as the Miami hear for several reasons:

Bigger media market

The hatrid for Kobe

Mike brown

Mike d antoni

Since lebron finally got his ring and a new "super team " was born to take down the heat I'd figure pele needed a new team to hate on just cause most people are haters and want to hate on someone or something

*Hatred. ;)

Lakeshow24KB
01-13-2013, 03:38 PM

Exactly. I agree 100%. Plus the Heat put the pressure on themselves in that off season by saying and do the stuff they did. When really the media put the pressure and high expectations on the Lakers

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 03:41 PM

Bigger media market

The hatrid for Kobe

Mike brown

Mike d antoni

Everyone keeps saying we are a super team. We are far from it.
We have an old Kobe, Old nash, Hurt howard, sissy girly *** gasol,and a terrible bench.

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2013, 03:45 PM

Exactly. I agree 100%. Plus the Heat put the pressure on themselves in that off season by saying and do the stuff they did. When really the media put the pressure and high expectations on the Lakers

Lol the media put the pressure on us too u guys finally get a Tatar of what we got. The media came to Miami to shoot a local welcome party then u made speculations and then te media took over. We're exactly the same.

U guys get it but u don't at the same time lol even when its happening to u

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
...Okay? We're talking about why they got so much hate and why other superteams now like the lakers aren't getting the same criticism. The main hate for the heat was directed at lebron moments as stated in this thread I'm merely replying to this false allegations

I think the hate came from 3 reasons.

He never won a ring in cleveland.

He left his home state to have a better chance of winning instead of toughing it out.

The decision. If he didn't do that i think the hate would be alot less. The front office found out that he was leaving on live tv with the rest of the world. Not really fair to them.

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2013, 03:49 PM

Bigger media market

The hatrid for Kobe

Mike brown

Mike d antoni

Everyone keeps saying we are a super team. We are far from it.
We have an old Kobe, Old nash, Hurt howard, sissy girly *** gasol,and a terrible bench.

Funny how before the season started it was top 5 player Kobe, ageless Steve Nash, the best center in the NbA/ MVP candidate and Pau gasol was soft but compared to chrish bosh by u guys looked like hulk hogan.

Now its old Kobe and old Nash and injured Dwight and soft Pau
Easy to do that we could just say wade is old now and his injury prone and bosh is soft and lebron isn't clutch.

Excuses excuses u guys are a superteam and even our players were quoted among many nba players as saying u have the most talented team on paper.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Funny how before the season started it was top 5 player Kobe, ageless Steve Nash, the best center in the NbA/ MVP candidate and Pau gasol was soft but compared to chrish bosh by u guys looked like hulk hogan.

Now its old Kobe and old Nash and injured Dwight and soft Pau
Easy to do that we could just say wade is old now and his injury prone and bosh is soft and lebron isn't clutch.

Excuses excuses u guys are a superteam and even our players were quoted among many nba players as saying u have the most talented team on paper.

Kobes good. Nash is ****ing 40.Dwight is obv not healthy.Gasol is a giant vagina . We have no bench and a ****** coach. How is this a super team?

gotoHcarolina52
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM

This. I suppose it's acceptable to laugh at someone when they trip and fall, but when they do it over and over and over again, you start feeling sorry for them.

Clumsiness is funny; mental retardation is not.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
This. I suppose it's acceptable to laugh at someone when they trip and fall, but when they do it over and over and over again, you start feeling sorry for them.

Clumsiness is funny; mental retardation is not.

Just shut up!

LA4life24/8
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Because the decision and because they said not one not two not three, no LA player except metta said any such things and no one except detroit fans and james harden take him.seriously

310Casper
01-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Lakers have champioships. Many.

Heat dont.

Thats why.

numba1CHANGsta
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
16 championships thats why

Method28
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
I cant believe no one has said this...

Its simple.

It's always rougher being the first to blaze the trail.

The Heat were the first team to bring the stara together in that way so of course the second time around it's not as dramatic.

IIISSKiLL
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Kobes good. Nash is ****ing 40.Dwight is obv not healthy.Gasol is a giant vagina . We have no bench and a ****** coach. How is this a super team?

Wait, you're seriously asking how the Lakers are a super team ? Your starting line up is an all star team. On paper this team is unstoppable they just can't win games. It's not working out and now everyone's stories are changing :facepalm:

IIISSKiLL
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM

Its simple.

The Heat were the first team to bring the stara together in that way so of course the second time around it's not as dramatic.

The Heat weren't the first team to do this

ee
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
heat wasn't that bad even when struggling

Hardaway Here
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM
The hate towards to heat was manipulated by the media. And people being the idiot drones that they are fed into it. Imagine if ESPN wasn't allowed to film their welcome party and they never aired Lebrons interview when he answered a question pertaining to how many rings they wanted to win. Their would of been no hoopla around it. Media controls the masses always has always will.

ATX
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Wait, you're seriously asking how the Lakers are a super team ? Your starting line up is an all star team. On paper this team is unstoppable they just can't win games. It's not working out and now everyone's stories are changing :facepalm:

So true...

The media blew the Heat thing WAY out of proportion due to the hatred for LeBron. The immense amount of criticism that man received for changing teams as a "FREE" agent regardless of "The Decision" was well beyond justified. It was a shame the way he was treated in the media, especially since their the ones who relentlessly fed the hype surrounding his future. Casual fans just hopped on the hatred bandwagon all across the country, and wished not just for failure, which is fine, but the comments around here were for injury, disease, and even death. Truly appauling comments.

ThaDubs
01-13-2013, 04:57 PM

There starting lineup and 6th man have all been all-stars. 2 of them are sure fire all-star starters when healthy. To not call this team a superteam is pretty stupid. On paper they **** on most teams, but their not even going to the playoffs. It's just a gigantic epic fail. That's it.

Jarvo
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Because people still was mad at Bron Bron like females.

Method28
01-13-2013, 05:18 PM

Its simple.

The Heat weren't the first team to do this

They weren't? With the caliber of players like LeBron, Wade, Howard and Nash?

JasonJohnHorn
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Every other thread on this forum is about how poorly the Lakers are playing, and basketball pundits on every network are constantly remarking ow baldy they are playing. I'd say they are getting it far worse than the Heat got it (and deservedly so).

WWMJDD
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Every other thread on this forum is about how poorly the Lakers are playing, and basketball pundits on every network are constantly remarking ow baldy they are playing. I'd say they are getting it far worse than the Heat got it (and deservedly so).

:laugh:

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
There starting lineup and 6th man have all been all-stars. 2 of them are sure fire all-star starters when healthy. To not call this team a superteam is pretty stupid. On paper they **** on most teams, but their not even going to the playoffs. It's just a gigantic epic fail. That's it.

You guys act like this team has played together at all. Nash has played 12 games all year. Of those twelve they were missing Howard for 4 of them and Gasol for 6 of them. That means the lineup of Nash, Bryant, Peace, Gasol, and Howard have played six games together. Of those six games they are 3 and 3. Including the 0-2 they started off under Brown at the beginning of the year before Nash was hurt in the first quarter of that second game. They have logged a total of 96 minutes the entire season together including training camp where they did not play one minute together.

They then lost their next best point guard in Blake the game after that. Howard just had back surgery, Gasol has been hurt the entire year, they lost their best bench player for the year in Hill and so on and so on. People dont like excuses. But I did not give one excuse in that whole rant. Those are facts.

Them not playing well is not an epic fail. It is to be expected with the type of year they have had so far.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2013, 06:01 PM
I just hope they get the 8th seed and see the Clippers in round one. That means even when the Lakers suck they still get home court advantage in the first round. I can see it happening too. Thats the type of luck the Lakers usually get. Cant wait

Iron24th
01-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Well as much as Miami's big event after LBJ came down here is overblown and made too much out of, it did get looked at in a negative light. LA did no such thing, but more importantly.....

Everyone knows that Nash and Kobe simply aren't spring chickens, Mike D'Antoni isn't the greatest coach, and the players don't fit the system. Miami had a smaller room for excuses given the talent up top, while LA has many things they can point to as a reason for their struggles...

Dwight's health
Players not fitting
D'Antoni
Awful bench
Old age

Don't forget injuries SteBO ;)

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM

So because they were allstars in the past that makes them a super team? :laugh2:
We don't have a sixth man either buddy.
Outside of kobe, howard and nash this team is pretty awful.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2013, 06:25 PM
You guys act like this team has played together at all. Nash has played 12 games all year. Of those twelve they were missing Howard for 4 of them and Gasol for 6 of them. That means the lineup of Nash, Bryant, Peace, Gasol, and Howard have played six games together. Of those six games they are 3 and 3. Including the 0-2 they started off under Brown at the beginning of the year before Nash was hurt in the first quarter of that second game. They have logged a total of 96 minutes the entire season together including training camp where they did not play one minute together.

They then lost their next best point guard in Blake the game after that. Howard just had back surgery, Gasol has been hurt the entire year, they lost their best bench player for the year in Hill and so on and so on. People dont like excuses. But I did not give one excuse in that whole rant. Those are facts.

Them not playing well is not an epic fail. It is to be expected with the type of year they have had so far.

This

Bring The Heat
01-13-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm sort of confused... before the season began lakers fans were talking about how nasty this team is going to be that they will be the favorites for the championship... Totally disrespecting the WCF champions The Thunder with the second best player in the NBA in Kevin Durant. Even disrespecting the NBA Champions Miami Heat saying they are screwed, who is going to deal with Dwight Howard? Who is going to guard Steve Nash who will patrol the paint at will.

Now all of sudden Nash is too old, Gasol is soft and Kobe isn't the same... LOL why didn't you say that before the season started? Now that you suck you bring up those excuses that this team is old.

beliges
01-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I'm sort of confused... before the season began lakers fans were talking about how nasty this team is going to be that they will be the favorites for the championship... Totally disrespecting the WCF champions The Thunder with the second best player in the NBA in Kevin Durant. Even disrespecting the NBA Champions Miami Heat saying they are screwed, who is going to deal with Dwight Howard? Who is going to guard Steve Nash who will patrol the paint at will.

Now all of sudden Nash is too old, Gasol is soft and Kobe isn't the same... LOL why didn't you say that before the season started? Now that you suck you bring up those excuses that this team is old.

With a decent coach, some.decent role players and a healthy Howard and pau, the Lakers could easily be the favorites but all those things.l referenced above have absolutely killed.this team.

ThaDubs
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM

If you have probably the best shooting guard in the league having "one of his best years" your team shouldn't doing bad. Your starting lineup w/o your bigs are Kobe, Steve Nash, MWP, AJ, and Jordan Hill. That sounds like a north of .500 squad. And yet your not. You guys have a backcourt that consists of someone who can create for himself like nobody in the league and someone who can create for other people like nobody in the league. You're losing because there is no team chemistry. They don't like eachother, and Kobe plays hero ball then hypocritically calls his teammates out for being the reason they lose. Have you seen the Lakers record when Kobe goes for 30 or more? Last time I checked it was 1-9, where Kobe, upon hearing about that stat, called it "funny". Your whole post was an excuse, regardless of whether or not what you said are facts, and It IS an epic fail when a big market team like the Lakers get the best SG and center in the NBA and go 15-20.

ThaDubs
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
i'm sort of confused... Before the season began lakers fans were talking about how nasty this team is going to be that they will be the favorites for the championship... Totally disrespecting the wcf champions the thunder with the second best player in the nba in kevin durant. Even disrespecting the nba champions miami heat saying they are screwed, who is going to deal with dwight howard? Who is going to guard steve nash who will patrol the paint at will.

Now all of sudden nash is too old, gasol is soft and kobe isn't the same... Lol why didn't you say that before the season started? Now that you suck you bring up those excuses that this team is old.

So ****ing true.

sep11ie
01-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Come on man. You're better than this...

sventhedog
01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
lebron a couple of days ago mentioned that the predicament the lakers are going through at the moment can't even match what the heat had to go through.

here are some probable reasons:

1. kobe did not make "the decision"
2. you didn't see any laker counting championships. not one, not ten.

i'm not sure if the lakers had a parade like the heat when they welcomed new players.

MWP though made a stupid comment by saying they would go 82-0 when they acquired howard.

now if lebron was complaining, he must be some kind of an id**t. you say some or do some things, you man up and face the consequences. not whine about it.

b@llhog24
01-13-2013, 10:26 PM

I think this is your best post ever.

Awesome :laugh2:

I remember being on this site and Laker fans saying " we got L.A. back!!", "we have the most complete starting 5 in the league", "we're going to beat the heat in the finals!!", MWP "73-9". Haha the Lakers are a joke this season and I love it !

:nod:

b@llhog24
01-13-2013, 10:33 PM

This.

I just hope they get the 8th seed and see the Clippers in round one. That means even when the Lakers suck they still get home court advantage in the first round. I can see it happening too. Thats the type of luck the Lakers usually get. Cant wait

Well you guys are old as ****.

Big Zo
01-13-2013, 10:56 PM
lebron a couple of days ago mentioned that the predicament the lakers are going through at the moment can't even match what the heat had to go through.

here are some probable reasons:

1. kobe did not make "the decision"
2. you didn't see any laker counting championships. not one, not ten.

i'm not sure if the lakers had a parade like the heat when they welcomed new players.

MWP though made a stupid comment by saying they would go 82-0 when they acquired howard.

now if lebron was complaining, he must be some kind of an id**t. you say some or do some things, you man up and face the consequences. not whine about it.

On the other hand: The Lakers have Kobe, who is an accused rapist/adulterer, and was the most hated guy in sports back in 2004. They also have Dwight Howard, who *****ed and moaned his way out of Orlando, and annoyed people a billion times more than anything LeBron said at the welcome party. And then there's Steve Nash, who although is a nice guy/great player, is still from Canada...

Guppyfighter
01-13-2013, 11:13 PM

Fifth best last three years, but they have the easiest path and that is probably why they will win the title.

D-Leethal
01-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Lakers were acquired thru trades and a 3 or 4 of them are on their last contracts before retirement.

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
because the heat still had a winning record.
lakers are under .500

Hardaway Here
01-14-2013, 12:10 AM
The thing that gets me is the fact that it was mainly the fans making proclamations of what this Laker team was going to do. Promising Miami wouldn't repeat and Thunder don't stand a chance. Now that the Lakers suck the same fans just going to excuse after excuse after excuse. Injuries, Nash hasn't played, Gasoft, bad coach etc.. blah blah blah. Like I said before the season started they are a paper team until season plays out you can't promise anything. It's sad that a good majority of Laker fans won't admit that they just suck right now. Stop listing excuses it's a tired act.

Alayla
01-14-2013, 12:17 AM

This id love for somone to pull up those old Threads Lakers fans thought they where a shu in for a title
and the nash is old and hurt excuse is silly an ageing nash is an upgrade of Sessions and Howard may be hurt right now but he is at least as good as Bynum and Jamasion is better than any bench player they had before there roster was a playoff team last year and only upgraded there is NO excuse for this and the Kobe isnt the same arugement is as stupid as it gets This is one of the best seasons of kobes Carrer and last season was one of his wrost

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Lol only team the Lakers can beat is the Cavs.
16-20, go Lakers.
#superteam

LA>WORLD___KOBE
01-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Because lebron and i quote, "Not one....not two....not three....not four......etc....."

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Lol only team the Lakers can beat is the Cavs.
16-20, go Lakers.
#superteam

Naw, beat the Dubs twice pretty easy too. If they could only play these crap teams all the time they would be alright.

justinnum1
01-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Naw, beat the Dubs twice pretty easy too. If they could only play these crap teams all the time they would be alright.

dubs are crap? they are a top 8 seed, whereas the lakers aren't.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 01:09 AM

Can you repeat that please?
I couldn't hear you from up in 5th seed.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 01:31 AM

That's the problem. Youre happy about a fifth seed and you actually think that's something to brag about. You probably can't hear because your ears are not used to being that high lol.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 01:33 AM
dubs are crap? they are a top 8 seed, whereas the lakers aren't.

Too bad season doesnt end today. And Lakers will be in the top 8 as well when the seasons over. But unlike the Warriors they will actually have a chance at something in the playoffs instead of first round fodder

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 01:48 AM
That's the problem. Youre happy about a fifth seed and you actually think that's something to brag about. You probably can't hear because your ears are not used to being that high lol.

What do you have to brag about? Doing a little better than the Kings? At least my team is in the playoff discussion. The only discussion I hear about the Lakers and offseason are ones about how unlikely it is at this point that they will even make it. The Lakers are too ****** to play .667 ball until the end of the season which is pretty much the only way you guys are even getting 8th seed. Good luck.

Too bad season doesnt end today. And Lakers will be in the top 8 as well when the seasons over. But unlike the Warriors they will actually have a chance at something in the playoffs instead of first round fodder

Now this is where Lakers fans get cute. First they brag about how well they're gonna do in the regular season and then when they see how bad their team is doing in the regular season they tell everybody that regular season isn't relevant to the playoffs. Considering you guys aren't even making the playoffs because of your terrible regular season record, I'd say regular season is more than relevant to the playoffs. Nobody cares how well you've done in the past. You can laugh at the Warriors past for now, but I don't give a **** because your piece of **** "superteam" is the laughing stock of the NBA at the moment.

Hardaway Here
01-14-2013, 01:51 AM

You sure you want to go stating Lakers will be in the playoffs and make the same mistake Laker fans did before the season started. Stop promising things you can't guarantee especially with the way they are playing now.

Sadds The Gr8
01-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Lakers have won recently. If they were in a 20 year title drought, OR if Kobe hadn't won a title yet, I'd bet that they'd be a bigger punching bag.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Lakers have won recently. If they were in a 20 year title drought, OR if Kobe hadn't won a title yet, I'd bet that they'd be a bigger punching bag.

They got rid of a 7 game losing streak by narrowly beating the Cavs???

Sadds The Gr8
01-14-2013, 02:02 AM
They got rid of a 7 game losing streak by narrowly beating the Cavs???

I thought it was obvious that I meant titles. They have like 5 in the past 12 years. If the organization was in a long title drought and the front office/ownership was pathetic, then I think they'd be getting bashed more

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 02:07 AM
I thought it was obvious that I meant titles. They have like 5 in the past 12 years. If the organization was in a long title drought and the front office/ownership was pathetic, then I think they'd be getting bashed more

Oh my bad. But they only get bashed because their fans can't admit how bad they are this season. They can't just say "we're not good this year" only "excuse excuse excuse blahblahblahblah".

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE]What do you have to brag about?

This year not much. The starting lineup is only 3-3 including the preseason. That is only 500. I would like to see them play with each other more to see if they are any good. All time? Where should I start......

Doing a little better than the Kings? At least my team is in the playoff discussion. The only discussion I hear about the Lakers and offseason are ones about how unlikely it is at this point that they will even make it. The Lakers are too ****** to play .667 ball until the end of the season which is pretty much the only way you guys are even getting 8th seed. Good luck.

They only have to go 30-15 for the rest of the 45 games left in the season. Not that hard. That will get them in the playoffs hopefully against the Clippers so they get a first round home series anyway. Dont need luck. They just need to play a little more together to get a rhythm and they will be more than fine.

Now this is where Lakers fans get cute. First they brag about how well they're gonna do in the regular season and then when they see how bad their team is doing in the regular season they tell everybody that regular season isn't relevant to the playoffs. Considering you guys aren't even making the playoffs because of your terrible regular season record, I'd say regular season is more than relevant to the playoffs. Nobody cares how well you've done in the past. You can laugh at the Warriors past for now, but I don't give a **** because your piece of **** "superteam" is the laughing stock of the NBA at the moment

Key words are "at the moment" I guess thats why you joined this month. Its either to pile on the Laker's or because the Warriors finally are not the joke of the league and you saw a chance to be on the other side of the jokes for once. Good for you. Get it out of your system while you can.

And I wasnt trying to be cute. I was just responding to your stupid uncalled for baiting type of post about the Laker's win tonight. Nobody asked you and then you moronically hash tag "super team" hahah. Thats a total tool post bro. I'm not calling you a tool, just saying you post like one.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 02:18 AM
You sure you want to go stating Lakers will be in the playoffs and make the same mistake Laker fans did before the season started. Stop promising things you can't guarantee especially with the way they are playing now.

I think its more than okay to say the Laker's are going to make the playoffs if everyone else is guaranteeing that they wont make it. I guess we'll see who's crystal ball is working best. I can make all the proclamations I want. Wont affect me or the Laker's either way if I'm wrong or right.

jsthornton7
01-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Because lebron and i quote, "Not one....not two....not three....not four......etc....."

This.

Hardaway Here
01-14-2013, 02:31 AM
I think its more than okay to say the Laker's are going to make the playoffs if everyone else is guaranteeing that they wont make it. I guess we'll see who's crystal ball is working best. I can make all the proclamations I want. Wont affect me or the Laker's either way if I'm wrong or right.

If your wrong Lakers don't go to the playoffs so that does affect them. If your right more power to you and the Lakers, but if it doesn't go the way you want it just don't be one of the fans full of excuses. I have no problem when people admit to things but many of you Laker fans tend not to accept reality when it's in front of you. I actually want them to make it just for the overall excitement it will bring later in the year.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 02:38 AM
Key words are "at the moment" I guess thats why you joined this month. Its either to pile on the Laker's or because the Warriors finally are not the joke of the league and you saw a chance to be on the other side of the jokes for once. Good for you. Get it out of your system while you can.

And I wasnt trying to be cute. I was just responding to your stupid uncalled for baiting type of post about the Laker's win tonight. Nobody asked you and then you moronically hash tag "super team" hahah. Thats a total tool post bro. I'm not calling you a tool, just saying you post like one.

So what if I joined this month. That's completely irrelevant. I'm also a member of InsideHoops. So what? Is that really what you're going to resort to for insulting me? Join date, post count, etc... it doesn't mean **** at all. Nobody asked you to respond to my post. If my post was as stupid as you claim, maybe it was just a waste of your precious time and you shouldn't have responded in the first place.

They only have to go 30-15 for the rest of the 45 games left in the season. Not that hard. They just need to play a little more together to get a rhythm and they will be more than fine.

You're going out on a limb saying that playing .667 ball is easy. Especially on a team with a terrible leader and no chemistry. People have been saying the Lakers are going to go on a roll all season. It hasn't happened in the first 30, it's more than likely not to happen in the last 40.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 02:58 AM
=ThaDubs;25090349]So what if I joined this month. That's completely irrelevant. I'm also a member of InsideHoops. So what? Is that really what you're going to resort to for insulting me? Join date, post count, etc... it doesn't mean **** at all. Nobody asked you to respond to my post. If my post was as stupid as you claim, maybe it was just a waste of your precious time and you shouldn't have responded in the first place.

I didnt see you talking about how the Lakers have played the Clippers, Thunder, Nuggets, Spurs, and Rockets in the same weak. Most of the games missing Howard and Gasol. They finally play a type of team the Warriors have played all year and you make fun of them for winning.

You're going out on a limb saying that playing .667 ball is easy. Especially on a team with a terrible leader and no chemistry. People have been saying the Lakers are going to go on a roll all season. It hasn't happened in the first 30, it's more than likely not to happen in the last 40.

Terrible leaders dont have 5 rings. Team has plenty of chemistry. All of it off the court unfortunately. The Laker's channel follows them around all day everyday and puts it on display. These guys get along too well. They are always horsing around. That may be the problem. The only way to get chemistry on the court is to play together for more than 96 minutes for the entire season. Which is what they have played with each other up to date.

Check basketballreferemce.com. Laker's have had the 2nd toughest strength of schedule to date. And all of it playing without most of their players. That tells me that their schedule will eventually get easier. Hopefully along the lines of what the Warriors have played.

Kyben36
01-14-2013, 03:02 AM
Many reasons. 1) the heat came out and said that they where going to win not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7 .......... 2) The Big 3 joined and where considered to be the next Celtics and win a championship automaticaly 3) Lebron and Wade were widely considered the #1 and #2 players in the league, some argued Kobe and may be right, but they had the most tallented big 2 available. and acording to most should not have lost a game.

the reason the Lakers arnt getting that is many reasons, 1) their coaching has sucked and only goten worse. 2) They are clearly old in the fact that nash is a shell and Gasol (while I tend to disagree with this statement) has regressed, Dwight and Gasol cant work toegther, and Kobe is clearly the only thing holding that team together.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 03:04 AM
I didnt see you talking about how the Lakers have played the Clippers, Thunder, Nuggets, Spurs, and Rockets in the same weak. Most of the games missing Howard and Gasol. They finally play a type of team the Warriors have played all year and you make fun of them for winning.

Terrible leaders dont have 5 rings. Team has plenty of chemistry. All of it off the court unfortunately. The Laker's channel follows them around all day everyday and puts it on display. These guys get along too well. They are always horsing around. That may be the problem. The only way to get chemistry on the court is to play together for more than 96 minutes for the entire season. Which is what they have played with each other up to date.

Check basketballreferemce.com. Laker's have had the 2nd toughest strength of schedule to date. And all of it playing without most of their players. That tells me that their schedule will eventually get easier. Hopefully along the lines of what the Warriors have played.

Warriors this month see the Clippers 3 times, Grizzlies, Trailblazers, Nuggets, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, and Bulls.
I hope you're joking.

Terrible leaders don't have 5 rings

In every season Kobe won a ring he got it alongside big men who helped the team as much if not more than him. He tries to play hero ball, which is why the Lakers record is **** out of an *** when he goes over 30. Lakers fan act like wins are a dime a dozen then get smoked in the regular season. It's funny as hell. Both the fact that they're sucking ***, and the ******** excuses they come up with. I will admit that the Lakers have more playoff experience that the Warriors, and would probably make it further than us in the playoffs, but you can't say anything because you don't have a crystal ball. Anybody has the potential to win a championship. Anybody has the chance to get swept in the first round. Don't get cocky and toot your own whistle just because you won a few championships in the past. First, let's see if you even make it to the offseason.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 03:08 AM
If your wrong Lakers don't go to the playoffs so that does affect them. If your right more power to you and the Lakers, but if it doesn't go the way you want it just don't be one of the fans full of excuses. I have no problem when people admit to things but many of you Laker fans tend not to accept reality when it's in front of you. I actually want them to make it just for the overall excitement it will bring later in the year.

What is the reality? Ill tell you what it is. They have had legitimate problems as far as health. It may be their own fault. They got this roster with older players as well as players who they knew were injured and hoped for the best.

Nash is old so it stands to reason that he would break his leg seemingly off a love tap.

Blake is not that old but those types of things happen.

Gasol is 32 and he seemingly looks 40. His legs as well as his plantar fasciitis has nailed him to the floor. I dont think they expected this.

They got Howard knowing he just had back surgery. He is not the same player and him hurting his shoulder did not help.

Hill was the lone bright spot off the bench and he is now out for the season.

If the Laker's dont make the playoffs, I wont make excuses. I will just point to the facts and blame the front office for trying to have too many veterans or players with an injury history on the team. Bad luck happens to everyone. Wont cry about it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 03:12 AM
Warriors this month see the Clippers 3 times, Grizzlies, Trailblazers, Nuggets, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, and Bulls. I hope you're joking.

And have gone 2-3 to this point. And even playing this tough schedule this month has the Warriors strenght of schedule ranked 13th. That tells you the cupcakes they have played up to this point.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 03:16 AM
And have gone 2-3 to this point. And even playing this tough schedule this month has the Warriors strenght of schedule ranked 13th. That tells you the cupcakes they have played up to this point.

2-3 is better than 1-7 last time I checked.

Kuya_Clive
01-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Lebron, the best player in the NBA, teamed up with Dwyane Wade, top 2 sg, and Chris Bosh, another top pf. They are all still in their primes. Many people thought it was unfair. The Decision was seen as a slap to the face of the entire Cavs organization. Also, the whole announcement party definitely pissed many people off. Lebron even admitted last year that the party was a mistake. They acted like it was gonna be an easy championship with them joking that Riley could play and just throw up some lobs for them. I actually respect the Heat because they have definitely started to act more maturely since their loss to the Mavs in the Finals. They got hit in the face when they lost and they came back the next year to win it all. The Lakers did not get as much hate because 2/3 of them are old. Kobe gets respect since he has already won numerous times and Nash is well liked by most fans of the NBA. Dwight probably got the most hate due to how he handled his Orlando situation. However, they did not have a huge party and the caliber of players in LA is not the same as the big three in Miami. Also, The public was likely desensitized to superteams because of how many there have been in the recent past. Celtics, Heat, Lakers, and many would argue the Nets. Now guys teaming up is not as big a deal as it once was.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 03:24 AM
In every season Kobe won a ring he got it alongside big men who helped the team as much if not more than him. He tries to play hero ball, which is why the Lakers record is **** out of an *** when he goes over 30. Lakers fan act like wins are a dime a dozen then get smoked in the regular season. It's funny as hell. Both the fact that they're sucking ***, and the ******** excuses they come up with. I will admit that the Lakers have more playoff experience that the Warriors, and would probably make it further than us in the playoffs, but you can't say anything because you don't have a crystal ball. Anybody has the potential to win a championship. Anybody has the chance to get swept in the first round. Don't get cocky and toot your own whistle just because you won a few championships in the past. First, let's see if you even make it to the offseason.

Kobe is the same player he is today as he has been in the past. If the Laker's success only hinges on his big men then why have they struggled this year? Dont you think if Kobe going for 30 is a bad thing that it would have affected his past teams as well? Seems like people see that the Laker's have a losing record with him going for 30 and try to leach on to that as the reason why they are struggling. Its lazy analysis. The Laker's have a plus .700 winning record when Kobe goes for 30 in his career. Ill take the larger sample size to determine whether that is a good or bad thing.

Its like the year that Kobe hit 6 straight game winners. If people only took that year they would say he is the greatest clutch player of all time. But if you look at the rest of his career you can see he struggles in those scenarios.

Broaden your perspective. Be better than you currently are. Dont latch on to an easy stat that ESPN throws out and try to use that as some type of argument. Its lame and it makes you look like you dont know what you are talking about.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2013, 03:26 AM
2-3 is better than 1-7 last time I checked.

Once again.... learn some facts. Lakers have lost 6 in a row. 4 of those games missing Howard, Gasol, Hill. Keep trying though... eventually something will stick

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Kobe is the same player he is today as he has been in the past. If the Laker's success only hinges on his big men then why have they struggled this year?

Because the big men have been injured/not playing well. Shaq was much better than current Dwight and Pau squeezed together.

Dont you think if Kobe going for 30 is a bad thing that it would have affected his past teams as well?

No, because he was surrounded by players that had more of an effect on the game than Pau or Dwight.

Seems like people see that the Laker's have a losing record with him going for 30 and try to leach on to that as the reason why they are struggling. Its lazy analysis.

I know that's not why. The reason the Lakers are doing bad is because they have no chemistry, no bench outside of maybe AJ, a mediocre coach, an ******* at SG, a grandpa at PG, a weird unathletic jerk at SF, a rusty broken old guy at PF, and an immature C with back problems. I'm just showing you that playing hero ball doesn't help. Kobe doesn't let other create. I could easily bet you that the Lakers would win a championship if Kobe and Nash switched bodies.

3ballbomber
01-14-2013, 04:05 AM

really? people still don't get it?!

Lebron & Bosh were in their prime when they joined Wade -who himself was close to his prime. The only player in theirs for LA is Howard. Nash is like 55yo and Kobe is 36.5yo and 225 minutes & 60 seconds or something. & Gasol has a fagina

BIG discrepancy here. Plus the whole celebration, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,11,12.....102 rings bullsh*t.

Miami deserved all the criticism they received. Teams now are desperate to compete so in order to do that they gotta do stupid ***** like form super teams to beat the superteam in the league. WTF did people expect to happen after the Miami fiasco.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-14-2013, 04:35 AM
"Lakers" = plural. "doesn't" = singular.

"Why DON'T the lakers..."*

This.

Hawkize31
01-14-2013, 05:15 AM
The Heat were relevant 2 years ago.

The Lakers are not relevant this year.

Bruno
01-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Too bad season doesnt end today. And Lakers will be in the top 8 as well when the seasons over.

spot on as usual man. go check out my comment in the OTT in the Lakers forum when you get a second.

TLDR: Lakers are 9th in SRS, four games behind POR, season isn't even half way over. Gasol/Nash/Howard have combined to miss 40+ games, and that doesn't even factor in injuries to Hill and Blake. Lakers will make the playoffs, everyone needs to stop being ridiculous.

HowFit
01-14-2013, 07:17 AM
the lakers have much older players and have been injured most of this year. The team would be completely different if you got these players when they were wade, bosh, and lebron's age.

The heat were/are in their prime, so that's why they got more flack. They had no real excuses. Also, the decision and the pre-season "party" didn't help their appeal either.

Puppies are young dogs.

HowFit
01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
spot on as usual man. go check out my comment in the OTT in the Lakers forum when you get a second.

TLDR: Lakers are 9th in SRS, four games behind POR, season isn't even half way over. Gasol/Nash/Howard have combined to miss 40+ games, and that doesn't even factor in injuries to Hill and Blake. Lakers will make the playoffs, everyone needs to stop being ridiculous.

Lakers' fan...

MickeyMgl
01-14-2013, 08:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM

SportsFanatic10
01-14-2013, 09:32 AM

as a heat fan knowing what it`s like to struggle early on with a new look super team i thought for sure the lakers would get it together eventually. but i`ve finally seen enough, i don`t think people are being ridiculous, the lakers are just not as good as advertised and my money is on them missing the playoffs at this point. hell even magic johnson agrees so i think people are just being realistic as much as it hurts for laker fans. the hole they dug themselves is just too deep and the coach`s system doesn`t fit the team. plus kobe just isn`t a team player no matter what lakers fans say to try and defend him.

koreancabbage
01-14-2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM

HAHAHAHA now I know why the Heat got so much flak. That whole thing was so douchy

rjvacad
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM

It is simple, once ESPN sold themselves out to the Heat by putting a page on ESPN's web site just for them called the "HEAT INDEX", they had to report on every signal thing the heat did.

ATX
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
really? people still don't get it?!

Lebron & Bosh were in their prime when they joined Wade -who himself was close to his prime. The only player in theirs for LA is Howard. Nash is like 55yo and Kobe is 36.5yo and 225 minutes & 60 seconds or something. & Gasol has a fagina

BIG discrepancy here. Plus the whole celebration, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,11,12.....102 rings bullsh*t.

Miami deserved all the criticism they received. Teams now are desperate to compete so in order to do that they gotta do stupid ***** like form super teams to beat the superteam in the league. WTF did people expect to happen after the Miami fiasco.

If it was such a "Fiasco", then what does it say that they have already won 2 ECF's and 1 Championship, as they currently try to go back to back in year 3? I think it's been successful thus far, especially if they do win again this year, making it all well worth it for the Heat and their Big 3. It's a formula that while flawed for obvious reasons is still working. So despite criticism from fans who all would have loved the same thing to have happened to their team, it's been anything but a "Fiasco".

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Once again.... learn some facts. Lakers have lost 6 in a row. 4 of those games missing Howard, Gasol, Hill. Keep trying though... eventually something will stick

Oh ****, my bad. 1-6.
Still twice as bad as 2-3.

Tymathee
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Lmao you must not listen to LA radio then, they get plastered.

Bruno
01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Lakers' fan...

as a heat fan knowing what it`s like to struggle early on with a new look super team i thought for sure the lakers would get it together eventually. but i`ve finally seen enough, i don`t think people are being ridiculous, the lakers are just not as good as advertised and my money is on them missing the playoffs at this point. hell even magic johnson agrees so i think people are just being realistic as much as it hurts for laker fans. the hole they dug themselves is just too deep and the coach`s system doesn`t fit the team. plus kobe just isn`t a team player no matter what lakers fans say to try and defend him.

you'll be glad in april that i'm not in the business of quoting in signatures.

SteBO
01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
I won't count LA out yet, but Bruno even you have to admit that they've dug quite a hole for themselves early. It won't be easy climbing back into playoff picture in the West.

And I love how people continue to twist words LeBron uttered 3 damn years ago.

Bruno
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
I won't count LA out yet, but Bruno even you have to admit that they've dug quite a hole for themselves early. It won't be easy climbing back into playoff picture in the West.

And I love how people continue to twist words LeBron uttered 3 damn years ago.

massive hole! it's going to be a huge task, and it has become the new story-arch for their season.

simply looking at the numbers SteBo (team SRS, games missed by currently healthy players, games behind Portland, games left in the season) it is extremely likely that they will make the playoffs. only four games back, half the season left, big guns almost healthy except Pau, the emergence of earl clark. if im a betting man i bet all day on LAL making the post season.

torocan
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Nash out a month.
Dwight recovering from surgery.
Pau out with knee issues.
Blake still out.
Hill out with hip injury.
Mid season coaching change (to a coach that is controversial).
No bench.
Traded for their players.
Didn't brag about winning 3,4,5 championships.

They're getting beat up, but it's somewhat understandable why they're sucking.

If Lebron, Wade or Bosh was out the entire first month, and one of them was coming off back surgery, and they fired Spoelstra 5 games into the season, and they didn't have their championship party, and they had traded for their players on the open market vs being perceived as assembled through player collusion, the Heat wouldn't have gotten so much criticism.

Different circumstances.

Iron24th
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM

Loool being in the west top 8 for just the 2nd time in 20+ years (and the season isn't over) will not bring you any title.

When was your last championship?

You weren't even born to witness it :rolleyes:

mdm692
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
1 reason. Lebron James and "The Decision".

SportsFanatic10
01-14-2013, 04:57 PM
you'll be glad in april that i'm not in the business of quoting in signatures.

meh, i gave my opinion and i don't care at all who quotes it. i didn't say anything outrageous, i'm just being realistic at this point. i read something the other day like the lakers need to win 71% of their remaining games to get to 48 wins which is the average win total of the 8th seed in the west over the last 5 years. i don't see how thats a sure thing given how this season has played out so far, and they are old lets face it the injuries could continue to reoccur and **** them up. and like i said the coaches system doesn't fit the team. i was honestly convinced they'd make it all year long up until a week ago, now i've finally seen enough and changed my mind.

SteBO
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
massive hole! it's going to be a huge task, and it has become the new story-arch for their season.

simply looking at the numbers SteBo (team SRS, games missed by currently healthy players, games behind Portland, games left in the season) it is extremely likely that they will make the playoffs. only four games back, half the season left, big guns almost healthy except Pau, the emergence of earl clark. if im a betting man i bet all day on LAL making the post season.
Utah and Minnesota are the teams you're battling. I did pick MIN to make the playoffs this year, but injuries have again hindered them from making any sort of progress. Utah's the one bi-polar western conference team that's night day between home and away, so I don't think it's crazy to suggest that LA can jump UTH. I do like Portland though, which means one of the current top 7 seeds would fall out. The team above POR is Houston, who's been impressive at times. Just goes to show you how damn tough the West is. :laugh2:

But I do agree that any team with Nash, Kobe, Pau, and Dwight has no business not making the postseason.

SportsFanatic10
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Utah and Minnesota are the teams you're battling. I did pick MIN to make the playoffs this year, but injuries have again hindered them from making any sort of progress. Utah's the one bi-polar western conference team that's night day between home and away, so I don't think it's crazy to suggest that LA can jump UTH. I do like Portland though, which means one of the current top 7 seeds would fall out. The team above POR is Houston, who's been impressive at times. Just goes to show you how damn tough the West is. :laugh2:

But I do agree that any team with Nash, Kobe, Pau, and Dwight has no business not making the postseason.

this. i gotta say it's pretty funny that the lakers hoping to just make the 7th or 8th seed is what it's come down to lol.

Byronicle
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM

Many reasons.

One of the reasons is how the Heat formed their "super team", which was via free agency and involved players coincidentally ditching their teams to join 1. Steve Nash came over to LA to be closer to his kids. Pau Gasol was traded to this team earlier and Howard came over via trading Bynum (who the Lakers drafted). Nothing feels cheated here and Howard wanted to go to the Nets the majority of the time and he has not guaranteed that he will stay with the Lakers

A second reason is that the Heat have 3 franchise players in their prime vs the Lakers who have an aging core of Steve Nash, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant. Were Nash and Gasol dominating franchise players of their time? Gasol was forgotten in Memphis and Nash is no Lebron/Wade. The only player spoken in the same sentence as Lebron/Wade is Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard is also coming back from a major injury as well and he is not 100%

Third, I do not recall Lakers making a huge bonanza on their acquirements, no crazy staged celebrations were made or any promises. Kobe never guaranteed they are going to win 1...2...3...4...etc championships. Any speculation was created by the media

Fourth is health. Everyone knew that the Lakers were aging and past their prime. Gasol has bad legs, Nash had that fracture and Kobe is not 25 year old Kobe anymore. Dwight came back from a injury that had him sideline for some time in Orlando

SportsFanatic10
01-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Many reasons.

One of the reasons is how the Heat formed their "super team", which was via free agency and involved players coincidentally ditching their teams to join 1. Steve Nash came over to LA to be closer to his kids. Pau Gasol was traded to this team earlier and Howard came over via trading Bynum (who the Lakers drafted). Nothing feels cheated here and Howard wanted to go to the Nets the majority of the time and he has not guaranteed that he will stay with the Lakers

A second reason is that the Heat have 3 franchise players in their prime vs the Lakers who have an aging core of Steve Nash, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant. Were Nash and Gasol dominating franchise players of their time? Gasol was forgotten in Memphis and Nash is no Lebron/Wade. The only player spoken in the same sentence as Lebron/Wade is Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard is also coming back from a major injury as well and he is not 100%

Third, I do not recall Lakers making a huge bonanza on their acquirements, no crazy staged celebrations were made or any promises. Kobe never guaranteed they are going to win 1...2...3...4...etc championships. Any speculation was created by the media

Fourth is health. Everyone knew that the Lakers were aging and past their prime. Gasol has bad legs, Nash had that fracture and Kobe is not 25 year old Kobe anymore. Dwight came back from a injury that had him sideline for some time in Orlando

that is blown out of proportion but it's true the lakers didn't take it as far as the heat. however i haven't seen it mentioned much how kobe talked **** to durant and westbrook at the olympics when he found out that howard was coming to LA. and metta talked about them breaking the bulls 72 wins record. they weren't as humble as people like to think looking back. and they don't have 3 franchise players in their prime, but 4 future HOFers is pretty good lol.

Byronicle
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
that is blown out of proportion but it's true the lakers didn't take it as far as the heat. however i haven't seen it mentioned much how kobe talked **** to durant and westbrook at the olympics when he found out that howard was coming to LA. and metta talked about them breaking the bulls 72 wins record. they weren't as humble as people like to think looking back. and they don't have 3 franchise players in their prime, but 4 future HOFers is pretty good lol.

Its not blown out of proportion at all and you are making unfair comparisons

Kobe talks smack and that is nothing new. That type of smack does not infer they are going to win it all, and don't make it out to be. that would be stretching the truth. if anything he inferred that their team has upgrade bynum into howard. nothing more

Metta World Peace is crazy in the head you know. People took his word with a grain of salt, as they should. Metta World Peace is not a franchise player anyways. Lebron is a franchise players that made such statements and no one is going to take his word for a grain of salt. MWP should not be compared to Lebron when it comes to making predictions, that is pretty unfair to make a comparison between a current role player and a franchise top 10 overall dynasty Lebron

Sure they are future Hof'ers but what good does that do for the present time?Or the time they made these acquisitions? It is irrelevant especially in comparison to 3 present time prime franchise players. Again an unfair comparison with selective choice of words to make the Lakers look bad

Guess what, I don't like either teams. So i am the least bias in comparison to the Laker and Heat fans, which is a fair comparison

SteBO
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM

Kobe talks smack and that is nothing new. That type of smack does not infer they are going to win it all, and don't make it out to be. that would be stretching the truth. if anything he inferred that their team has upgrade bynum into howard. nothing more

Metta World Peace is crazy in the head you know. People took his word with a grain of salt, as they should. Metta World Peace is not a franchise player anyways. Lebron is a franchise players that made such statements and no one is going to take his word for a grain of salt. MWP should not be compared to Lebron when it comes to making predictions, that is pretty unfair to make a comparison between a current role player and a franchise top 10 overall dynasty Lebron

Sure they are future Hof'ers but what good does that do for the present time?Or the time they made these acquisitions? It is irrelevant especially in comparison to 3 present time prime franchise players. Again an unfair comparison with selective choice of words to make the Lakers look bad

Guess what, I don't like either teams. So i am the least bias in comparison to the Laker and Heat fans, which is a fair comparison
LeBron was asked a question......and he essentially said that he's here to help Miami win not 1, not 2, not 3,.....etc. He didn't GUARANTEE jack ****. So yes, it's been blown out of proportion to a degree.

SportsFanatic10
01-14-2013, 06:18 PM

you make excuses for the lakers but look at the heat in the harshest light possible. lebron said what he said to an arena full of heat fans during a heat welcoming party. what are you supposed to say in that situation in a new city? yes he went overboard but it got too much attention for what it actually was. and kobe is cocky as hell, and i love how many laker fans thought they would win it all and they had the best team on paper in the league and maybe ever and now its just "well they're past their prime" lol.

Hardaway Here
01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Everyone continues to say the Heat bragged about winning multiple championships when that wasn't the case. They were ask what their goals were. That's their goal period. The media and delusional fans took everything out of context. If you want to be mad about the decision go ahead. The whole bragging about championships argument is a stupid one cause you don't know what your talking about.

Byronicle
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
LeBron was asked a question......and he essentially said that he's here to help Miami win not 1, not 2, not 3,.....etc. He didn't GUARANTEE jack ****. So yes, it's been blown out of proportion to a degree.

lol he was asked a question. you mean he couldn't answer it humbly?

the question was "you came here to win championships, not 1 championship. tell us lebron about that"

he didn't need to go "not 1, not 2, not 3"..that sounds like guaranteeing championships to me

if he just said the 2nd half of his answer which was "we believe we can take care of business and win multiple championships." then you wouldn't have this fiasco

but that is not what he is being scrutinized for correct? he infered in the 1st half of his answer that they will win championships every season throughout his contract and that is what he's being criticized for, for giving an answer that is cocky in the first place. i could say "hey my pizza is the best thing ever...but i need to work on the sauce a bit more". its still pretty damn cocky

you make excuses for the lakers but look at the heat in the harshest light possible. lebron said what he said to an arena full of heat fans during a heat welcoming party. what are you supposed to say in that situation in a new city? yes he went overboard but it got too much attention for what it actually was. and kobe is cocky as hell, and i love how many laker fans thought they would win it all and they had the best team on paper in the league and maybe ever and now its just "well they're past their prime" lol.

yes lebron made these cocky statements in a heat welcoming party vs. kobe making cocky statements to his olympic team mates in confidential. i make all these type of cocky statements too but that is just among close friends and family, i wouldn't dare say it infront of the world because im not that cocky. that is what team mates do anyways. we trash talk each other but its all in good fun

kobe is cocky and no one is denying that but to say im blowing lebron's level of cockiness is just blind.

kobe didn't leave no franchise and act like he's in the best situation that any franchise can give him. its like when a girl dumps a good guy and goes to that jerk with all the money and all she talks about how much better life is. no one likes that. when you talk about how many championships you are going to win with the Heat, when you didn't do that for Cleveland, guess what? fans are going to feel like he is rubbing it in their faces

Laker fans saying that they are the best on paper? Umm that sounds about right since its just on paper, it doesn't mean much. What about the Heat fans? I find it ironic that the Heat fans are trying to blow this out of proportion

im trying to show you comparisons. they are completely different and therefore they receive different criticisms

akagiredsuns
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Miami started 9-8 and went 49-16 after that to finish 58-24 and went to the Finals. only to come within two games shy of winning it all. The Lakers have already lost nearly as many games this year as that Heat team. And enough with the excuses for the Lakers already. It was obvious all along that Mike D's system does not work for these old farts. I will never understand how Lakers FO turned away Phil Jackson over Mike D over the coaching only home games. They must have forgotten who was one of the big reasons in winning oh what was it yea 5 NBA titles. The management reaps what they sow.

TheSource
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
The Lakers team itself have more problems than the Heat did.

Hardaway Here
01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Laker fans saying that they are the best on paper? Umm that sounds about right since its just on paper, it doesn't mean much. What about the Heat fans? I find it ironic that the Heat fans are trying to blow this out of proportion

im trying to show you comparisons. they are completely different and therefore they receive different criticisms

Laker fans weren't the ones saying best on paper. That were other fan bases in response to what the arrogant Laker fans were promising this said Laker team would do this season. All in all though you really just sound bitter to me and your hate for Lebron and the heat is blatant through your comments. Your mad because he didn't humbly answer a question how stupid does that sound. There are plenty of athletes way worse then Lebron when they show their cockiness in answering questions.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-14-2013, 07:52 PM
loool being in the west top 8 for just the 2nd time in 20+ years (and the season isn't over) will not bring you any title.

lol!

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-14-2013, 07:54 PM
this. i gotta say it's pretty funny that the lakers hoping to just make the 7th or 8th seed is what it's come down to lol.

Lets not act like our team has been healthy and together.
This year is a prime example of murphys law.

ThaDubs
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Loool being in the west top 8 for just the 2nd time in 20+ years (and the season isn't over) will not bring you any title.

That wasn't the point lol.
He called the Warriors a crap team which is hypocritical coming from a team who's win percentage is .432. Lakers fans always refer to the past because they can't admit that they suck. It's so funny. It's like if an old man and a teenager were talking and the old man said he's better currently because he used to be good.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-14-2013, 08:42 PM
That wasn't the point lol.
He called the Warriors a crap team which is hypocritical coming from a team who's win percentage is .432. Lakers fans always refer to the past because they can't admit that they suck. It's so funny. It's like if an old man and a teenager were talking and the old man said he's better currently because he used to be good.

your year will end in a first round exit so go to bed.

Byronicle
01-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Laker fans weren't the ones saying best on paper. That were other fan bases in response to what the arrogant Laker fans were promising this said Laker team would do this season. All in all though you really just sound bitter to me and your hate for Lebron and the heat is blatant through your comments. Your mad because he didn't humbly answer a question how stupid does that sound. There are plenty of athletes way worse then Lebron when they show their cockiness in answering questions.

lol im not even going to answer this.

posts like these is a reason why the Heat get a lot of hate, 2 seasons ago that is. no one hates on the Heat as much