PDA

View Full Version : Return of John Wall tonight

JerseyPalahniuk
01-12-2013, 12:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8836674/john-wall-washington-wizards-cleared-make-debut-saturday

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Wizards say point guard John Wall has received "full medical clearance" and will make his season debut Saturday night against the Atlanta Hawks.

Wall completed his third straight day of practice with no setbacks Friday. He said he's feeling no discomfort in his knee.

The former No. 1 overall pick has been sidelined since being diagnosed with a stress injury to his left kneecap in September.

Coach Randy Wittman said he'll have to keep an eye on Wall's conditioning during the next few games. Wall said he's still "getting his legs."

Without Wall, the Wizards are 5-28 -- the worst record in the NBA.

Rooting for this kid and the Wizards. They are dead last in the NBA in offensive efficiency and a decent 16th in defensive. Wall should help hopefully. The Wizards have had far too many close games where Wall COULD have helped out, including 1-7 in overtime games :speechless:

javsvt
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Hope he plays well, very exciting player. Only thing, can he stop dancing? :)

Swashcuff
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Wall's young career has had so many ups and downs in the viewpoint of the critics already. I mean during the lockout he was being touted as someone who could have been better than Derrick Rose within a couple seasons because of his amazing play. Last season he showed no improvement on his jumpshot and as a result has been completely overlooked. He's a top level talent and as soon as he figures it out and is able to remain healthy he's going to be a top 5 PG (even with the PG position being so deep) and a perennial all star in the league. Pulling for him to do well.

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
lets hope those big breasts don't slow him down

Becks2307
01-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Is John Wall even better than Lillard right now? I think Irving is def better than Wall. It's crazy because I thought Wall would already be as good as Rose right now.

Swashcuff
01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Is John Wall even better than Lillard right now? I think Irving is def better than Wall. It's crazy because I thought Wall would already be as good as Rose right now.

He has the potential to be better than Kyrie and Lillard when you consider the fact that he and Rose are the only two legit two way players and that Wall is quite possibly the best play maker of the bunch as well. As of right now based on our most recent memories of Wall he isn't better than Kyrie nor Lillard but once he can be healthy and be the player most expected him to be and he was on track to becoming I can certainly see him being better than Lillard.

heyman321
01-12-2013, 01:17 PM
It's John Wall's Era. LMFAO!

lol, please
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
It's John Wall's Era. LMFAO!

:nod:

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Right now no...

If he can learn to do basketball things, like shoot, run an offense properly, and not play at 100% speed all the time, then he can definitely be as good as them. I think he has the most potential of all of them because he is the best playmaker, and has the ability to drop 20 a game. Injuries and the situation he's in are slowing down his development. I think he'd be much better if he wasn't on the dreadful Wizards. Personally, I don't see him fulfilling his potential.

el hidalgo
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Bradley Beal has been getting a lot better as of late. Having beal by his side will help wall out a lot. he can spread the floor and make plays. should be a nice combo.

0nekhmer
01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Wall needs to mature a lot more and see the game at his own pace.. I feel like he is one of those players who's only effective with high usage.

LASportsFan1996
01-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Rooting for the Wiz and ma boy Brad Beal