PDA

View Full Version : rudy gay to the wizards????!!!!!

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
the wizards are reportedly on the verge of trading for rudy gay or I shouldn't say on the verge, but have the best offer on the table that the grizzlies can't turn down.

They are offering trevor ariza, jordan crawford, other pieces, and their first round draft pick for this or next year.

what do you think? should the grizzlies accept?

netsgiantsyanks
01-12-2013, 12:00 PM
wow.

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/f2085eb9-215c-4db9-ba82-fee916c8c39c/?source=twitter

here is the link

ric bucher was the first one to report james harden to the rockets and he was the one that reported nene would return from injury against the hawks and reported dirk nowitski would make his return earlier than expected.

this guy is pretty accurate with his posts. all season long last year he said dwight to the lakers and it sounds like rudy gay will get traded, and the wizards might be put as the favorites right now.

jp611
01-12-2013, 12:05 PM
That offer isn't that great

JerseyPalahniuk
01-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't see the whole "grizzlies can't turn down the offer" here:

Not clear on what the Wizards' offer might be but was told it was "a good one."

Stunner
01-12-2013, 12:08 PM
If they get a Wizards 1st rounder which could be a top 5 pick it's a good deal

ZebraCity916
01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
the wizards are reportedly on the verge of trading for rudy gay or I shouldn't say on the verge, but have the best offer on the table that the grizzlies can't turn down.

They are offering trevor ariza, jordan crawford, other pieces, and their first round draft pick for this or next year.

Where does it say that??

The goods
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Noooooo take Gasol take a 3 team deal and give us ariza and Randolph

XJW18
01-12-2013, 12:12 PM
As long as he isnt a Clipper idc.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Rudy gay is a cancer.

allday823
01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Why the hell is Rudy gay a cancer? He's actually a damn good player and the wizards desperately need this. Wall and gay would form a nice little duo. The wizards are in a twilight zone right now. They have no future and a bunch of role players.

A core of Rudy gay, John wall, Mr beal and nene would form a nice core

JerseyPalahniuk
01-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Rudy gay is a cancer.

That played a huge role against the Spurs last night

kobebabe
01-12-2013, 12:31 PM
getting the 1st round pick would be the deal maker. Other than that it's not too good not to turn down like stated

akesh99
01-12-2013, 12:36 PM
So they wouldnt pull the trigger to get Harden but theyre willing to pay Gay? Doesnt make sense to me..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-12-2013, 12:39 PM
the guy rarely gets to the ft line and shoots terrible jumpshots all night long, hence his atrocius 1 point per shot

mzgrizz
Rudy gay is a cancer.

Really? He can't get along with other players? He can't score? He can't create a shot and get a game winner?
Define your "cancer" for me please

LanceUpperCut
That is a great deal for Memphis a top pick probably top 1-5 range. Rudy Gay is not a cancer at all and is a pretty damn good player but he is overpaid, especially for the remainder of his contract so his value drop significantly almost to the point where it's a negative value.

Chronz
01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
As long as he isnt a Clipper idc.

You a Clippers fan?

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Rudy gay is a cancer.

Actually he's a Leo.

shep33
01-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Just stop Washington. Just stop. Blow it up and stop bringing in high priced mediocre players.

Who the heck is running that franchise? Isiah?

Patrick Ewing33
01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Wall-Gay-Nene is pretty promising. That could attract solid role players. Would be nice to see Washington as a good team, well we need more teams in the east to contend, its dry down here!

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Mike Prada of Bullets forever mentioned that Trevor Ariza and Jordan Crawford would be the main pieces in a deal and then 1 out of these 4 players would be added to the deal as well: jan vesley, kevin seraphin, chris singleton, or trevor booker, plus a draft pick.

He said that is what was on the table for james harden until the wizards backed out and that is what the wizards look to be offering right now.

I think the wizards might be giving up way to much in this trade, a desperate move. But ariza is injury prone right now and he is no where near what he used to be, although if put on the right team, he can still be super effective. Jordan Crawford would be included as the young star that can take over OJ Mayo's spot from last year as the 6th man and than add 1 or 2 of the young studs, most likely jan vesley and than possibly even 1 more and a protected draft pick and you've got a deal.

the grizzlies would most likely be sending back josh selby or tony wroten back in the deal along with wayne ellington or quincy pondexter, maybe even mareese speights.

But I like the deal for both sides, it would be amazing!

the wizards can form a trio of wall, beal, and gay

grizzlies get a huge defensive anchor to form the best defensive backcourt in mike conley, tony allen, and trevor ariza and ariza is a much better and more effective 3 point shooter than rudy gay. jordan crawford brings the scoring off the bench that is needed and add that along with the energy of darrell arthur, jerryd bayless, mareese speights, possibly jan vesley and someone else like quincy pondexter or wayne ellington (depending on if 1 is moved in the trade).

Both teams would become much better and the grizzlies would fulfill what they wanted, which was cap space while at the same time staying competitive and possibly even better than they are right now.

el hidalgo
why is it the wizards always end up with morons or inefficient ballhogs?

HouRealCoach
This would be a GREAT trade... The draft this year isn't that good and can't really help Washington much. It would probably be Top 3 protected anyways. Rudy gives them a legit scoring option to go along with Wall, Nene, & Beal and they still have Okafor for defending.

Memphis gets a great defender who can make the right plays to win and who can also hit the three. Crawford strengthens their bench even more, and the pick will help them in the future

It's a great deal for both teams imo

HouRealCoach
01-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't see how anyone can say this isn't a good deal

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I think the grizzlies would be better off standing pat right now and than waiting for the draft or offseason to make a trade.

They are playing amazing right now and seem 100% healthy. Rudy Gay and Randolph are getting the opportunity to play together for the first time in 2 years and Darrell Arthur is back as well, who was huge for them off the bench as a sixth man and if healthy he can still be a contender for the best bench player (just look at him in the spurs game).

If things dont work out this year and they get eliminated from the playoffs early, than they can explore a trade, possibly trading both rudy gay and zach randolph.

j-bay
01-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Mike Prada of Bullets forever mentioned that Trevor Ariza and Jordan Crawford would be the main pieces in a deal and then 1 out of these 4 players would be added to the deal as well: jan vesley, kevin seraphin, chris singleton, or trevor booker, plus a draft pick.

He said that is what was on the table for james harden until the wizards backed out and that is what the wizards look to be offering right now.

I think the wizards might be giving up way to much in this trade, a desperate move. But ariza is injury prone right now and he is no where near what he used to be, although if put on the right team, he can still be super effective. Jordan Crawford would be included as the young star that can take over OJ Mayo's spot from last year as the 6th man and than add 1 or 2 of the young studs, most likely jan vesley and than possibly even 1 more and a protected draft pick and you've got a deal.

the grizzlies would most likely be sending back josh selby or tony wroten back in the deal along with wayne ellington or quincy pondexter, maybe even mareese speights.

But I like the deal for both sides, it would be amazing!

the wizards can form a trio of wall, beal, and gay

grizzlies get a huge defensive anchor to form the best defensive backcourt in mike conley, tony allen, and trevor ariza and ariza is a much better and more effective 3 point shooter than rudy gay. jordan crawford brings the scoring off the bench that is needed and add that along with the energy of darrell arthur, jerryd bayless, mareese speights, possibly jan vesley and someone else like quincy pondexter or wayne ellington (depending on if 1 is moved in the trade).

Both teams would become much better and the grizzlies would fulfill what they wanted, which was cap space while at the same time staying competitive and possibly even better than they are right now.

He does but the guy is a total ballhog. Expect a lot of weird, missed shots from him

HouRealCoach
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Hopefully this trade happens and Washington hires a better coach

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Actually he's a Leo.

Damn!!! All the more reason for us to keep him this season !:)

KniCks4LiFe
01-12-2013, 03:00 PM
So they wouldnt pull the trigger to get Harden but theyre willing to pay Gay? Doesnt make sense to me..

Hollinger wasn't the GM when that deal happened.

j-bay
01-12-2013, 03:03 PM

The Thunder wanted Beal. The Wizards believe in Beal. This deal has no Beal. So anybody besides Wall, Beal, and maybe Nene are fair game.

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 03:03 PM
He does but the guy is a total ballhog. Expect a lot of weird, missed shots from him

Rudy likes the ball in his hands for sure but you've been drinking hellcrooner's kool aid about ball hogging. He has improved tremendously from that a year ago. And the ball will usually be in his hands for a last shot as it should be.

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I think the grizzlies would be better off standing pat right now and than waiting for the draft or offseason to make a trade.

They are playing amazing right now and seem 100% healthy. Rudy Gay and Randolph are getting the opportunity to play together for the first time in 2 years and Darrell Arthur is back as well, who was huge for them off the bench as a sixth man and if healthy he can still be a contender for the best bench player (just look at him in the spurs game).

If things dont work out this year and they get eliminated from the playoffs early, than they can explore a trade, possibly trading both rudy gay and zach randolph.

This

j-bay
01-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Rudy likes the ball in his hands for sure but you've been drinking hellcrooner's kool aid about ball hogging. He has improved tremendously from that a year ago. And the ball will usually be in his hands for a last shot as it should be.

Talking about Jordan Crawford.

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't see how anyone can say this isn't a good deal

you just stole the words right out of my brain. man you are 100% right. this is an amazing deal for both sides and is almost too good to be true.

the draft isn't strong at all this year and like you said it will most likely be top-3 protected. beal, wall, gay, and nene would be amazing and like you said it would attract several other players.

John Wall has been questioned time and time again whether he would stay with the wizards or opt for free agency. Based on the recent history with stars leaving their teams for better opportunities, the same will most likely happen with wall. Kevin Love might be the next one after Dwight Howard, and following Love, could potentially be John Wall. John Wall isn't going to like going through another fresh start and build up. This team is moving in the right direction. They got rid of the headaches on the team and got a nice coaching staff along with a nice front office. Add to that some nice young players in wall, beal, singleton, booker.

LEGOOOOOOOOO finish this!

justinnum1
01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
why would any team want jordan crawford. this is purlely a salary dump bu memphis.

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 03:30 PM
why would any team want jordan crawford. this is purlely a salary dump bu memphis.

exactly! the grizzlies are looking to make a salary dump while staying competitive. they would save about $8 million in salary cap and the contracts they would be getting back are much shorter than rudy gay's.

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Meh, I still think they might hold off for awhile. Drums are beating heavily to keep the core

shep33
01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Memphis should hold off on trading any of there core. Wait till the offseason

Pierzynski4Prez
01-12-2013, 03:54 PM
If they give up a their 2013 1st rounder, no matter what player the Grizzlies get back to match salaries, that is a good deal for them.

ManRam
01-12-2013, 04:04 PM
If Washington is offering either 1st rounder for this year or next, Memphis should jump all over this.

Rudy Gay isn't that good....

I don't get why Washington would ever dangle a first rounder.

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Eh, I believe Rudy personally won a game a year or so ago on a buzzer beater with some team.....or two or three

LASportsFan1996
01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Griz have a chance to do good things right now, why do they wanna trade arguably their best player

sammyvine
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
why did memphis give him a max contract when he isnt a max player? he is on the same salary as Westbrook and even harden, when he isn't as good as either of them.

justinnum1
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Griz have a chance to do good things right now, why do they wanna trade arguably their best player

i think zbo and gasol are better players than gay

ManRam
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM

He's probably their 4th best player...

17 shots a game to get 18 points a game for a guy who is supposed to be a great scorer. Pretty meh...

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
He's probably their 4th best player...

17 shots a game to get 18 points a game for a guy who is supposed to be a great scorer. Pretty meh...

Conley or Tony?

DoMeFavors
01-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Wizards dont want another top pick? if they get Gay they wont make the playoffs but will have a lower pick.

shep33
01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
i think zbo and gasol are better players than gay

Yeah, I think they're easily the best two players on that squad.

Rudy and Conley is a toss up... might actually go with Conley next.

WALLtoMCGEE
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
wizards would be stupid to give up a first this year next or any year for that matter. It always ends up hurting teams in the long run. I would say no way that happens but considering Grunfeld is our GM and he traded away the pick thatcould have been Rubio or Steph Curry I would say dont put anything past Grunfeld hes incompetent

JasonJohnHorn
01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Well... moving Gay is a money move. Getting talent back and draft picks could work for Memphis because they are trying to save money. So it is a fairly good deal if the pick is unprotected. I'm not sure that I would do it if I was Washington though. Gay is not going to turn them into a contender or anything, and they are giving up a high pick.

Blitzbolt
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
OK I'm a grizz fan and I see Every single Grizzlies game and Rudy is not a cancer.

Go look at the offense the Grizzlies run a heavy low post offense with no 3s or green lights.

Look OJ Mayo he average around 14 with the grizz and now he one of the best 3 point shooters in dallas(vasquez and the hornets is another example).Also with Memphis you have to use all your energy on defense and Rudy plays alot of minutes.He is also the Grizzlies 3rd Option and I know he takes alot shots but most of them are good shots design to help ZBO and Marc Gasol to get the O rebound.

I don't want Rudy to go the fans the coaches don't want rudy to go but with the new owners we don't know what's really going on.

So before calling a player a cancer go see him play first.

HouRealCoach
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes people are delusional calling Rudy Gay a cancer...

But like I said, Memphis strengthens their bench, defense, and 3 point shooting with this trade

Washington gets a certified scorer to go along with Wall, Beal, & Nene

Washington could head into next season with..

Nene
Okafor
Gay
Beal
Wall

That's pretty legit

HouRealCoach
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
This trade needs to happen

Deception
01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Wizards are just taking on everyones bad contract, first Nene, now Gay

UPRock
01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't like this for Washington, they already have some bad contracts already and they're rebuilding.

BKLYNpigeon
01-12-2013, 06:46 PM

nobody knew Harden was going to be this good...

before Harden played a game with the Rockets. everyone was saying Houston got raped in the deal.

Sly Guy
01-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Rudy's no cancer. I've seen my share of grizz games this year, he's just a late clock finisher for them. Just like your PG, who's got the ball in his hands late in the possession trying to make things happen and shooting the wild ones, rudy does that for the grizz. Does it pretty well too. Shots like that drag down your efficiency, but someone's gotta take them, and Id trust Rudy to over many others.

shep33
01-12-2013, 07:15 PM
It's a terrible trade for the Wizards unless they unload Nene or Okafor somewhere.

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 07:20 PM

before Harden played a game with the Rockets. everyone was saying Houston got raped in the deal.

EXACTLY! thank you my friend. james harden turned heads because he was always the 3rd best player on his previous team and was never the first option, the same happens with rudy gay. if rudy gay becomes the first option, he will be even more dominant. look at how he plays in clutch moments and look at how he played against the spurs. this kid is built to dominate in the NBA. if he moves to the wizards or gets traded to any other team like the raptors, kings, celtics, clippers, warriors, suns or wolves, than he will thrive in his role and become even more amazing!

HouRealCoach
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Only an idiot would have thought Rockets got raped in that deal... If James Harden could do what he did coming into the league as a fourth option off of the bench, to soon become a primary playmaker, closer, and 6MOY is not a fluke. Most young players don't develop in those roles and become busts be the way that he flourished was something else. I knew he would be something special

kenzo400
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
A top 5 pick in this years weak draft doesn't mean very much. A guy like Ed Davis is probably more valuable than a fourth of fifth pick in this years draft, and i'm not just saying that because i'm a Raptors fan.

As for the Harden scenario. The Wizards GM said that it was completely made up.

Jarvo
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
I rather have The Wizards get Cousins the Rudy.

WizFan3
01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
wizards better pull this off

IndyRealist
01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
why did memphis give him a max contract when he isnt a max player? he is on the same salary as Westbrook and even harden, when he isn't as good as either of them.

For the same reason Joe Johnson and Roy Hibbert got max deals. None of them are worth it, but their teams were playing really well and didn't want to risk a setback.

When Hibbert got his contract offer from Portland, the Pacers looked at EVERY available center, including Spencer Hawes, to see if they could get a reasonable replacement. They basically decided that letting Hibbert go meant dropping back out of the playoffs. Same thing happened with Gay.

IndyRealist
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
This is a bad deal for the Wizards. Why tie up that much money when you have to extend Wall after this year? Rudy Gay is not a cancer, he's a good defender and pretty average scorer. But he's not worth his contract, especially when you have to give up a high draft pick to get him.

As for the pieces offered (Crawford, Booker, etc.), I really could care less. Their players aren't that great outside their starting 5. If they're keeping Wall, Nene, Beal, and Okafor, then everyone else is expendable.

Chronz
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM

Nothing you said was true

DeyAce
01-12-2013, 08:31 PM
that offer is horrendous

cuttydoesit6
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Actually he's a Leo.

lmfao :clap:

jason17
01-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Would make alot of sense and i think gay will go to the wizards for sure. Wizards could go into next year with.

Wall/aj.price
beal(who is now improving)/cartier martin
Gay/webster
nene-(ne) /booker
Okefor/seraphin

The wizards have a legot team thats been doing good close games being injured not to mention attracting fa's.

If gay comes idk how wizs arent contenders next year .......please gett GAY.

jason17
01-13-2013, 01:34 AM
This is a bad deal for the Wizards. Why tie up that much money when you have to extend Wall after this year? Rudy Gay is not a cancer, he's a good defender and pretty average scorer. But he's not worth his contract, especially when you have to give up a high draft pick to get him.

As for the pieces offered (Crawford, Booker, etc.), I really could care less. Their players aren't that great outside their starting 5. If they're keeping Wall, Nene, Beal, and Okafor, then everyone else is expendable.

Because wall need is more talent .GAY could be much better here in our O which is fast tempo.

Look at OJ .......

CaptainClutch
01-13-2013, 01:42 AM
With John Wall back, I think they realize they may have too many guards. I guess it's a good thing for them to invest in a solid 3 who can be that #1 scoring option for John Wall to pass the ball too.

mzgrizz
01-13-2013, 02:31 AM
He'd be more likely to end up there or Orlando. Seriously doubt trading to your western conference opponents is in basket - moneyball -101

CityofTreez
01-13-2013, 02:34 AM
Great move, hope it's for a bunch of 20's.

sagemania
01-13-2013, 03:25 AM
Wall
Beal
Gay
Nene
Okafor

not bad

Alayla
01-13-2013, 07:37 AM

Thats not true at all if anything the oppiste is true i aruged with tons of people saying OKC would forever reget this and got raped it was a fair deal why cant people accept that XD

c.c.
01-13-2013, 07:48 AM
First pick too? The Grizzlies definitely accepting that!

IndyRealist
01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Because wall need is more talent .GAY could be much better here in our O which is fast tempo.

Look at OJ .......

In fact, his per minute stats are the same or worse than last year. The only reason he's looked amazing this year is because he was shooting 3's at an unsustainable rate. Notice how his 3pt% has dropped recently. At 7.3 3's per 48 minutes at the percentage he was shooting, he would have been a better 3pt shooter than Ray Allen. In his last 13 games he's 16-66 on 3's; it's regression to the mean. He'll finish the year around 37-38%.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-13-2013, 11:54 AM

Doubt Wizards part with top pick in this draft. http://www.nbadraft.net/

jason17
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
In fact, his per minute stats are the same or worse than last year. The only reason he's looked amazing this year is because he was shooting 3's at an unsustainable rate. Notice how his 3pt% has dropped recently. At 7.3 3's per 48 minutes at the percentage he was shooting, he would have been a better 3pt shooter than Ray Allen. In his last 13 games he's 16-66 on 3's; it's regression to the mean. He'll finish the year around 37-38%.

I want gay dammit!!!!!!!! Wizards havent got a good trade for ever. Wonder why no tm hasnt traded yet.

mzgrizz
01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
More stats analysis ??,,,,,,,,I'd rather forget these guys exist right now :mad:

jason17
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
More stats analysis ??,,,,,,,,I'd rather forget these guys exist right now :mad:

What trade would it look if our teams did it? If i was the grizz id het webster hes a decent player.

jason17
01-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Doubt Wizards part with top pick in this draft. http://www.nbadraft.net/

Why not? Our lineup would improve with wall back we probably end up the season nkt the worst any more.

jason17
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
With John Wall back, I think they realize they may have too many guards. I guess it's a good thing for them to invest in a solid 3 who can be that #1 scoring option for John Wall to pass the ball too.

Rudy gay is a fast tempo guy and wall likes that stuff i think wiz should do it.

As a fan i hope wiz give up the 2014 pick because if wiz kept our first we easily draft noel or trade for cousins

Wall
beal
gay
nene
Noel or cousins

We easily have the best team qe have had since 06-07