PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard

Rhino
01-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Is he the biggest suprise in the NBA this year as far as rookies are concerned, and how high is his ceiling?

ThaDubs
01-12-2013, 03:58 AM
He was ****ing ridiculous tonight at Oracle.
In the second half there was a point where he made one three and everyone was like "he's pretty good for a rookie" then he made another and everyone was like "wow he's good huh" then he made another and everyone was like "****" then he pulled up from the inbound and just felt like shooting from 25 ft and splashed and the whole audience was just shocked. There was a point where I looked at my dad and for like 30 seconds he had his eyes popping out, his jaw dropped, and his hands on his head. 37 points for a ****ing rookie??? Ceiling? There is no ceiling.

Clippersfan86
01-12-2013, 04:02 AM
How in the F are star point guards coming in so regularly? First Kyrie last year, now this guy? Pretty soon every single team is going to have an all star caliber starting PG.

ThaDubs
01-12-2013, 04:09 AM
OK guys lets be honest here, best overall point guard = Mario Chalmers

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 04:11 AM
He ain't so tough.

Rhino
01-12-2013, 04:11 AM
He was ****ing ridiculous tonight at Oracle.
In the second half there was a point where he made one three and everyone was like "he's pretty good for a rookie" then he made another and everyone was like "wow he's good huh" then he made another and everyone was like "****" then he pulled up from the inbound and just felt like shooting from 25 ft and splashed and the whole audience was just shocked. There was a point where I looked at my dad and for like 30 seconds he had his eyes popping out, his jaw dropped, and his hands on his head. 37 points for a ****ing rookie??? Ceiling? There is no ceiling.

Some of those threes were 10-15 feet behind the arc he was in a zone! My only worry is all the minutes he's logging. I don't want to see him suffer some kind of devasting injury.

Rhino
01-12-2013, 04:26 AM
NBA - Lillard is 1st Blazers rookie in 33 years
FROM ELIAS: Damian Lillard scored 37 points, the most by a Trail Blazers rookie since Calvin Natt scored 39 in Feb. 1980. Geoff Petrie has the franchise record for a rookie when he scored 46 in March 1971. The last time any NBA rookie scored 37 points was Jordan Crawford, who scored 39 in March 2011.

COOLbeans
01-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Really good player

sventhedog
01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
just too many pg's with similar games. it's too early to tell.

Yankeefan213
01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I love watching this kid play, even though I rarely get to do so. He has unlimited range, and is extremely smart for a rookie. Guys should be looking at him for an example on what four years of college does for maturity level.

Sly Guy
01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
How in the F are star point guards coming in so regularly? First Kyrie last year, now this guy? Pretty soon every single team is going to have an all star caliber starting PG.

I blame nash/kidd/cp3/deron/rondo. Those guys brought about a resurgence of the PG position the way it's supposed to be played.

SportsFanatic13
01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Man just imagine him and this team along with an injury free Brandon Roy and Oden. Wow.....

kobebabe
01-12-2013, 12:37 PM
I remember when he was drafted no one said much about him meaning it was a poor draft choice but look what he has turned out to be! Iam a big fan of his!

LAKobeBryant
01-12-2013, 12:40 PM
just too many pg's with similar games. it's too early to tell.

yeah i find scoring pgs boring

yaswaggin
01-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Lots of quality PGs

Not a lot if quality SGs, especially after Kobe and wade leave.

rollins94
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM

This. But "POSITION-LESS BASKETBALL"

Lillard certainly looks like the real deal. Pretty remarkable really how strong he has come on and that reflects his amazing raw talent and gamer's mindset. The guy plays like a straight up killer and that may ultimately be what seperates him from the plethora of mega-talented PGs in the league now. More of a scorer's PG, which many dont prefer (sometimes with justification) but as of now the skys the limit and he is clearly the top dog out of that draft class. Remember when everyone questioned this pick? certainly looks like he used that as a chip on his shoulder. wow. :speechless:

flea
01-12-2013, 02:33 PM
There are lots of scoring PGs now because the game has changed. You no longer need height to run into a defender, chuck the ball straight in the air, and get your 2 on the line. Shorter people generally have better coordination and body control, and that's really all that's required to score in this league anymore. When players can shoot as well, like Lillard and Kyrie and Harden, they are incredibly efficient offensive players.

We have Stern to thank for this.

Il Mago50
01-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Portland is a bench away from being a contender in my opinion.

el hidalgo
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
yeah i find scoring pgs boring

:laugh: so you wouldn't like kobe if he was 3 inches shorter? GTFO if you say derrick rose or russell westbrook are boring then you either dont like watching basketball or you have a pass-first point guard on your team.

im guessing now that you have nash on the lakers you're a fan of the "pure" pg and will discredit PG's that score.

Patrick Ewing33
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Russell Westbrook anyone?

5ass
01-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Remember when Mo williams and Jameer Nelson were allstars?

Clippersfan86
01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Remember when Mo williams and Jameer Nelson were allstars?

Yea LMAO. Man I've been saying it for about two years but this is THE PG era no question. Not in terms of the best of the best but in terms of depth and just how many great PG's there are.

CP3
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Irving
Lilliard
Wall
Nash
Parker
Rubio

Scary thing is I'm most likely forgetting a couple. All of these guys either have made multiple all star teams as superstars or will make multiple and this is all in the last few years.

If the 90's were THE center era, this is THE PG era.

Shammyguy3
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Lots of quality PGs

Manu Ginobili as well. I'd throw in Jason Terry and Ray Allen as afterthoughts.

JasonJohnHorn
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't think he's a surprise... a lot of people were picking him to win ROY.

Cal827
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM

This. Now and Forevermore.

Vinny642
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
I really like the kid honestly, but PGs are becoming too of the same, and overall less impactful as a whole. But I did want him on Draft Day, the Blazers finally got a rookie and they deserved it

ohreally
01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Yea LMAO. Man I've been saying it for about two years but this is THE PG era no question. Not in terms of the best of the best but in terms of depth and just how many great PG's there are.

CP3
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Irving
Lilliard
Wall
Nash
Parker
Rubio

Scary thing is I'm most likely forgetting a couple. All of these guys either have made multiple all star teams as superstars or will make multiple and this is all in the last few years.

If the 90's were THE center era, this is THE PG era.

Holiday, Curry, and Jennings who scored 55 as a rookie (against Golden State).

Clippersfan86
01-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Thank you. Definitely forgot Holiday and Curry who are both playing like all stars. Jennings and Lawson too but they are lesser IMO.

FarOutIos
01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I was actually hoping my Kings would pick him in the draft... T-Rob is good, and needs some time to become a really good player, but Lillard would have been a nice PG to start along side Tyreke.

jerellh528
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
good, but no kyrie

jerellh528
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
nba needs more like rubio

greg_ory_2005
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
He's just a lethal offensive player. Kinda reminds me of Arenas when I see him.

Jarvo
01-13-2013, 12:52 AM
I knew he was going to be good but not this good so far, ROY point blank.

Hardaway Here
01-13-2013, 05:06 AM
Lots of quality PGs

Yeah once Kobe and Wade retire your left with what Harden and maybe Tyreke if he picks his game back up I guess you can add Monta Ellis. That's just the sgs that start. Any other decent SGs are coming off the bench i.e. Jamal Crawford

yaswaggin
01-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Lots of quality PGs

Yeah once Kobe and Wade retire your left with what Harden and maybe Tyreke if he picks his game back up I guess you can add Monta Ellis. That's just the sgs that start. Any other decent SGs are coming off the bench i.e. Jamal Crawford

Harden and Gordon will be the two only legit stars or all stars once wade, Kobe, and manu retire

Ellis is a chucker, Jamal can't play d, tyreke can't shoot, and joe Johnson is declining rapidly

You can't predict the future though, some good sgs might come lout the draft like shabazz Muhammad

Robbw241
01-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Starts at the HS level, now they play all the really good scorers at PG because they get the ball in their hands more often.

IndyRealist
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I thought everyone knew he was going to be good....

IndyRealist
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Harden and Gordon will be the two only legit stars or all stars once wade, Kobe, and manu retire

Ellis is a chucker, Jamal can't play d, tyreke can't shoot, and joe Johnson is declining rapidly

You can't predict the future though, some good sgs might come lout the draft like shabazz Muhammad

Paul George if he doesn't permanently slide to SF.

yaswaggin
01-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Paul George if he doesn't permanently slide to SF.

paul george and ET i didnt count because technically they are SFs playing SG

Paul george is better suited play SF anyways, ditto with turner.