PDA

View Full Version : Clips Going After Rudy Gay?: Butler + Bledsoe + Picks?

shep33
01-11-2013, 08:18 PM
While it remains unclear how determined the Memphis Grizzlies and their new management group are to move their star small forward before the Feb. 21 deadline, a package involving Clippers backup point guard Eric Bledsoe and veteran small forward Caron Butler, picks and other players to make the money work could be just what the Grizzlies are looking for. It's clear they are on the lookout for an upgrade over reserve point guard Jerryd Bayless, and Butler would fill Gay's small forward spot albeit not nearly as well. The Clippers, I'm told, would consider Gay but are also justifiably wary of doing anything to affect the chemistry that has played such a big part in their season.

From Sam Amick's article

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/01/11/sacramento-kings-seattle-lamar-odom-rudy-gay-zach-randolph-nba-a-z/1826109/

Avenged
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Clippers are desperately trying to blow their title chances away.

They are fine imo. Their depth is their biggest weapon.

Nikeman
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Seriously, what are the Clippers doing?

They have a 12 deep roster, i do not understand why they are giving away their strength. Many teams can play with the Clippers starting 5, but no team can play with the Clippers bench, which has like 6 guys who could easily start on other teams.

HouRealCoach
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Jordan/ Turiaf/ Hollins
Griffin/ Odom
Gay/ Barnes/ Hill
Green/ Crawford
CP3/ Billups.... They need to grab another PG but CP3, Griffin, Gay, & Crawford is unreal

5ass
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Dont see them doing it, but it wouldnt be too bad.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
People overreact to "messing up chemistry". Butler has been crap and Bledsoe plays what 15 minutes a game? I would do this trade for sure. Of course it takes away some cap flexibility but a trio of CP3+Gay+Griffin would be monstrous. All 3 love to defend and get out and run. Gay would have a ton of pressure taken off of him and have an efficiency breakout due to the attention and double teams CP3 and Griffin both draw.

b@llhog24
Bledsoe is good, but Caron is soooo bad. Not sure if I would like to see Crawford and Gay on offense at the same time though, but then again the ball does run through Cp3's hands.

Hawkeye15
don't like it. With CP3's history of knee issues, having an awesome backup to limit his minutes is priceless imho. Butler sucks, and I know they want an upgrade, but isn't Hill coming back soon? Gay is an overpaid chucker, though taking his usage way down via Paul may help. But I don't think they need to mess with the formula currently.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:29 PM
don't like it. With CP3's history of knee issues, having an awesome backup to limit his minutes is priceless imho. Butler sucks, and I know they want an upgrade, but isn't Hill coming back soon? Gay is an overpaid chucker, though taking his usage way down via Paul may help. But I don't think they need to mess with the formula currently.

Problem is Bledsoe under the Vinny Del Negro administration will be lucky to ever play more than 15-20 minutes a game. Backup PG's are easy to find. Will they be as good as Bledsoe? Of course not, because he should be a starter. Reality is Bledsoe will be traded this summer if CP3 inks and Gay is good enough to consider taking while Bledsoe's value is high.

Bledsoe is my favorite Clippers hands down and I will always follow his career. I just love everything about this guy. That being said I'm a fan of my TEAM first and the Clippers are in bad shape going forward at the SG/SF position with 36 year old Billups, 32 year old Crawford, 33 year old Caron (done) and 40 year old Hill. They need to swap Bledsoe for a young SG/SF with upside and Gay fits the bill. My only gripe with Gay is his pay but if he meshes as well as I think he will, his contract will be smaller next time.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Problem is Bledsoe under the Vinny Del Negro administration will be lucky to ever play more than 15-20 minutes a game. Backup PG's are easy to find. Will they be as good as Bledsoe? Of course not, because he should be a starter. Reality is Bledsoe will be traded this summer if CP3 inks and Gay is good enough to consider taking while Bledsoe's value is high.

Bledsoe is my favorite Clippers hands down and I will always follow his career. I just love everything about this guy. That being said I'm a fan of my TEAM first and the Clippers are in bad shape going forward at the SG/SF position with 36 year old Billups, 32 year old Crawford, 33 year old Caron (done) and 40 year old Hill. They need to swap Bledsoe for a young SG/SF with upside and Gay fits the bill. My only gripe with Gay is his pay but if he meshes as well as I think he will, his contract will be smaller next time.

I just don't like Gay man. He is a chucker who rarely engages players on defense. I would rather wait for Hill to get healthy.

I do agree Bledsoe will be a great trade chip, either now, or in the future though.

SirSkyHook
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
They'er going to mess around and destroy the teams chemistry. First D.J and if they think with the same mind as the article, than your throwing in Butler who's playing decent for them, and Bledsoe who is a young stud into trade rumors. Look at Pau for us, and look at what trade rumors did to his mind and his game.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I just don't like Gay man. He is a chucker who rarely engages players on defense. I would rather wait for Hill to get healthy.

I do agree Bledsoe will be a great trade chip, either now, or in the future though.

Maybe I haven't watched him enough lately but I personally feel Gay is an above average defensive SF. Plus for now he will have Barnes+Hill backing him up. I honestly think with our squad he can even play some SG. Remember CP3 is a pass first PG who loves getting guys going so I think with CP3 he performs much better. I understand waiting for Hill (who returns Saturday) but remember he's 40 and if this year isn't his last, next season will be.

People claim everybody is a chucker the last two years but guys like Young and Crawford both fell right into line behind CP3, Blake and Gay will do the same. We have too many future HOF vets who won't put up with **** from any of these young guys.

J4KOP99
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Haha, go for it Clips!

--I doubt this is true though. They can't possibly be that dumb to throw their depth out the window.

J4KOP99
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh ****, nevermind, they wouldn't be giving up Jordan? Do it then. **** Bledsoe and Butler. The clips already have enough sf depth and they can pick someone up off FA to be Paul's back up.

Listen, if Paul goes down, there not winning **** anyway. Whether Bledsoe is there or not.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Haha, go for it Clips!

--I doubt this is true though. They can't possibly be that dumb to throw their depth out the window.

Butler= trash. It's basically Bledsoe for Gay. I don't understand why that hurts their depth. They would need to sign a back up PG but CP3 plays 34 minutes a game so not a big deal. Billups will slide over and back up the PG for now if that happens.

J4KOP99
01-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Butler= trash. It's basically Bledsoe for Gay. I don't understand why that hurts their depth. They would need to sign a back up PG but CP3 plays 34 minutes a game so not a big deal. Billups will slide over and back up the PG for now if that happens.

read my more recent post. I agree with you. I misread the thread title originally.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
like it for the Grizz much more than the PHO/TOR options.

richiesaurus310
01-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Yea im actually down if we can get a gaurd with gay.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
read my more recent post. I agree with you. I misread the thread title originally.

I saw it late. Good news for Memphis too is that while Butler's shot is inconsistent as hell lately... he's still perfect for their "grit n grind" style of play and loves to get physical. I love Butler as a person but he's just a bad fit for this Clippers squad.

nycericanguy
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM

I'm not a big fan of Gay either, but he has been a 19-20ppg scorer on 46% shooting the past 5 years prior to this year... so i'll cut him slack.

Playing with CP3 could only help him.

And let's just say this... when was the last time a team won a title without a great wing scorer? Gay might not be "great"...but he could fill a void.

HouRealCoach
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
But then again... If they wanted Love then why would they settle for Butler & Bledsoe?

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of Gay either, but he has been a 19-20ppg scorer on 46% shooting the past 5 years prior to this year... so i'll cut him slack.

Playing with CP3 could only help him.

And let's just say this... when was the last time a team won a title without a great wing scorer? Gay might not be "great"...but he could fill a void.

Gay is tailor made to be a 3rd option on a championship contender IMO and that's what he would be here. CP3 will undoubtedly improve his game and make life easier on him. I wish people would focus on the bottom lines here.

1. Bledsoe will be traded this summer if not now anyways. Clippers will be getting a SG or SF. Their SG's and SF's are all made of glass and old. Sure they are good now but at best that will last two years.

2. A core of CP3+Gay+Griffin+DJ and you're set for a good 7-10 years as a title contender. They will need a better SG in the next couple years but that's not as important as just having a more dependable scoring wing who can drain 3's and play D.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:52 PM
But then again... If they wanted Love then why would they settle for Butler & Bledsoe?

They can want all they want. The offer of Gay for Love was laughable. Gay for Bledsoe+Butler+a pick+fillers is more than fair for both sides. It's a matter of if either team wants to take the risk. League wide Bledsoe may actually have more value than Gay due to his smaller contract.

GunFactor187
01-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Unless if they get back Tony Allen too, this is turrible for the Clips, losing lots of depth.

meloman1592
01-11-2013, 08:55 PM
i hope this happens...clippers will come out the west with no problems

shep33
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM

It's Butler, Bledsoe, other players, + picks supposedly. That's a lot to give up.

I dunno, I actually like it for the clips still. Try and win rings now.

Chronz
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
This is what it has come to, signing Caron will cost us Bledsoe? Cant we get alil more out of them? We did give them Z-Bo for nothing

Gritz
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Clippers win it all with this trade

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
This is what it has come to, signing Caron will cost us Bledsoe? Cant we get alil more out of them? We did give them Z-Bo for nothing

Very true but remember at that time Zach Randolph was considered a cancer and bad contract league wide :D. This is one thing you called a long time ago though (on Butler being a terrible signing and fit). No doubt Butler has become a bad contract similar to Baron before. The guy is literally 100 percent dead weight and unfortunately Vinny will not start Barnes or Hill like he should.

KingPosey
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I think the Clippers are banking on Hill and Mr Big shot playing big, and losing Bledsoe eventually anyways. Gay bolsters the starters and addition by health on the bench.

But I personally wouldn't change anything

shep33
01-11-2013, 09:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cr2tfff

+ picks going to Memphis?

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cr2tfff

+ picks going to Memphis?

LOL at both teams somehow going - wins?!? How's that even possible haha. That would suck because Odom has been a big part of what the team has been doing. I went over the rosters though and there is no other way to make it work without Odom going out, which means it won't happen IMO. When you throw in Odom that IS indeed a ton of depth going out.

Stunner
01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Their Roster will look really different next year , most of the players aren't coming back and most of their money will go into paying CP3 . Not to mention the free agent class looks horrible and they wouldn't bother signing any of those players more than one year . They would rather swing on one of the 2014 free agents . So I guess they're trying to get some more star power now because they know about next year which is up in the air .

Verbal Christ
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
if they do that, lets just go ahead and wrap it up early. get the lingerie football league cranked up or something, cuz its no contest from that point forward.

Robbw241
01-11-2013, 09:08 PM
This would be a steal for LA lol.

rocket
01-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah lets trade Bledsoe LOL

Blitzbolt
01-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Don't like it all.

1.Just like OJ mayo the Grizz Offense is killing Rudy Gay.
2.Him with CP3 and others will up his average by alot.
3.clipps are in the west and rivals.
4.I don't want to give LA more rings.

So I don't like it all especially butler.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Don't like it all.

1.Just like OJ mayo the Grizz Offense is killing Rudy Gay.
2.Him with CP3 and others will up his average by alot.
3.clipps are in the west and rivals.
4.I don't want to give LA more rings.

So I don't like it all especially butler.

Defensively though imagine a backcourt of Conley+Bledsoe with Bled playing SG? Sure a bit undersized but holy crap on defense.

b@llhog24
01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Defensively though imagine a backcourt of Conley+Bledsoe with Bled playing SG? Sure a bit undersized but holy crap on defense.

I think you mean Bledsoe + Tony Allen.

CaptainClutch
01-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Don't ruin this depth they have. Keep things the way they are

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 09:15 PM
I think you mean Bledsoe + Tony Allen.

That too. Conley himself is a very good defensive guard so you could run any combination of those 3 and shut teams down regularly.

Stunner
01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Not to mention Billups and Hill coming back , this trade doesn't really hurt the Clipps like everyone says . Their rotation is going to shorten anyway come playoff time .. This only helps .

shep33
01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Not to mention Billups and Hill coming back , this trade doesn't really hurt the Clipps like everyone says . Their rotation is going to shorten anyway come playoff time .. This only helps .

Yup. I actually think they should do this.

Clippersfan86
01-11-2013, 09:19 PM

Odom going out is kinda the deal breaker. I predict Clippers retain Odom this summer for a couple mill a year for 2/3 years. He's a huge part of what the team has been doing and Griffin's backup. To make the salaries work he would need to be included. Our 2nd year stretch 4 Trey Thompkins has good upside but dude has been in a suit for 2-3 months and isn't ready to step in obviously. Turiaf would have to shift to PF I guess.

THE MTL
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
I like it for the clips. Butler and bledsoe the main pieces? That's all. U do that

Blitzbolt
01-11-2013, 09:29 PM
It says picks and other players no way they do that straight up.

shep33
01-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Depends on what the Grizz want to do... I think they should do nothing personally, they have a beast of a team.

If your going to cut salary though, they save a ton with this deal. Odom expires after this year, Bledsoe still has a cheap deal, and Butler is making less than half of what Rudy is making for next year, plus they get rid of the 19 mill owed to Rudy the year after

DR_1
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
This would help the Clips a lot come playoff time when rotations are shortened.

JNoel
01-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Rudy would fit right in with the athletic, run and gun offense of the Clippers but obviously at a major cost.

SluggeR
01-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Don't understand the Grizz. If CP3 is in LA for the long haul, I would definitely make this deal if I was the Clips.

Bigbadmoffo
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Wow these fans are such a disgrace!! Booing really!

Bigbadmoffo
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Haha wrong thread:p

PacersForLife
01-11-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't see how anyone could not like this trade for the Clips. Bledsoe is a solid backup and everything, but he's gonna want more minutes at some point, probably a decent check too. They might as well get a guy like Gay while they can. I also haven't really understood all the hate of Rudy Gay lately. I mean he's still a 18-20 ppg scorer isn't he? He might not be the best defender, but some people act like he straight up sucks. Like some have said, I think he is a perfect 3rd option on a contending team and playing with Paul and a bunch of veterans will keep Gay from chucking.

Sssmush
01-11-2013, 11:49 PM
CP3, Griffin and Gay would be the biggest "Big 3" in the league and would legit win the NBA title outright, and probably dominate along the way.

Bledsoe and Butler are very valuable, but Gay puts them way over the top.

Sssmush
01-11-2013, 11:52 PM
I mean,

CP3 > Wade
Griffin >> Bosh
Gay < Lebron but so is everybody else. Gay is uber effective on offense, and is an all around fantastic player. What, 2nd or 3rd best SF in the league for sure, right?

What is memphis doing. Trade him to LA for Pau we'll give you some salary cash back

Sssmush
01-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I'd rank SFs as follows:

Lebron
Durant
Gay
Carmelo
Igoudala
Pierce

No real question in my mind about this, especially when you factor in defense, consistency, attitude, everything. Rudy Gay is a fantastic player and the Clippers would be a super team if they added him to the mix. Like, David Stern veto this right now super team. Seriously. Would love to see it.

MrfadeawayJB
01-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I dont see memphis trading to their enemies in the west

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 12:19 AM
I mean,

CP3 > Wade
Griffin >> Bosh
Gay < Lebron but so is everybody else. Gay is uber effective on offense, and is an all around fantastic player. What, 2nd or 3rd best SF in the league for sure, right?

What is memphis doing. Trade him to LA for Pau we'll give you some salary cash back

I'd rank SFs as follows:

Lebron
Durant
Gay
Carmelo
Igoudala
Pierce

No real question in my mind about this, especially when you factor in defense, consistency, attitude, everything. Rudy Gay is a fantastic player and the Clippers would be a super team if they added him to the mix. Like, David Stern veto this right now super team. Seriously. Would love to see it.

:facepalm:

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 12:24 AM
After the last few games we've won, I wouldn't be surprised to see all the trade Rudy talks fade away.

Alayla
01-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Poor Trade Gay isnt a major upgrade over bulter and they would lose bledsoe

Alayla
01-12-2013, 01:08 AM
I'd rank SFs as follows:

Lebron
Durant
Gay
Carmelo
Igoudala
Pierce

Oh wow.... talk about giving a guy too much credit.. gay isnt close to that good Mello and IGGy and even Perice are all much better

koreancabbage
01-12-2013, 01:10 AM
They are getting ready for the playoffs. Depth doesn't matter as much when it comes to playoffs. Gay is a huge upgrade over Butler offensively, defensively, I don't see how they would lose it. Billups is coming back so Bledsoe is redundant.

Clippersfan86
01-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Gay is better than Iggy IMO slightly, or at worst on the same tier. Agree he's nowhere near as good as Melo though or Pierce.

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce

then Gay, Deng etc.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Honestly, theyd be just giving up Bledsoe and improving big time with the addition of Gay. I'd make the move for sure, its the type of thing that puts them on the same (or maybe even higher) level as the Thunder.

Chronz
01-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Gay is better than Iggy IMO slightly, or at worst on the same tier. Agree he's nowhere near as good as Melo though or Pierce.

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce

then Gay, Deng etc.

The gap between Iggy and Melo is as big as the gap between Iggy and the inferior Gay IMO.

Id rather go after Pierce

Stunner
01-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I'll take Deng over Gay not by much though .

Clippersfan86
01-12-2013, 01:37 AM
The gap between Iggy and Melo is as big as the gap between Iggy and the inferior Gay IMO.

I honestly have trouble even counting Iggy as a SF to begin with because he plays SG a lot more than SF. Reminds me of people who still count Duncan as a PF when he's clearly been a C the last decade or so. Gallo is the starting SF for the Nuggets. If we count Iggy as a SF though I'm surprised you think he's THAT much better than Gay. He's more well rounded but he's also more inconsistent from what I've seen.

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 02:36 AM

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce

then Gay, Deng etc.

Iggy's better than Gay, and so is Batum and Gallo.

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 02:37 AM

Lol, this made me remember dymez sig.

Alayla
01-12-2013, 03:16 AM

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce

then Gay, Deng etc.

Iggy is better than both gay and deng and i dont even like the guy

Alayla
01-12-2013, 03:20 AM
I honestly have trouble even counting Iggy as a SF to begin with because he plays SG a lot more than SF. Reminds me of people who still count Duncan as a PF when he's clearly been a C the last decade or so. Gallo is the starting SF for the Nuggets. If we count Iggy as a SF though I'm surprised you think he's THAT much better than Gay. He's more well rounded but he's also more inconsistent from what I've seen.

na inconsistentcy the the least of iggys problems hes good for 14 5 and 5 with mabye the best wing defense in the NBA every night Iggys problem has more to do with the desire to use his physical gifts more often to score outside of not driving to the basket as often as he could iggy is one of those rare players with no weaknesses in his game but Doesnt score enough for him to be considered a star. As a philly fan who watched him for years its frustrating because if he wanted to he could turn the corner and be a top 20 player but he seems contended at that 35-40 range.

Victimize
01-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Rudy Gay takes too many isolation pull up jumpers IMO, and his BBIQ isnt the best, but with his athleticism and cp3 feeding him the ball it seems like a good fit.

c.c.
01-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Rudy Gay gonna catch them alley's unlike Butler

CHIhatzi333
01-12-2013, 03:56 AM
to absorb gay's contract, the clips would have to give up odom as well + bledsoe n butler. But, if im the clips id do that in a heartbeat.

Paul/Billups
Green/Crawford
Gay/Barnes/Hill
Griffin/Tompkins
Jordan/Turiaf

Heediot
01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
I wouldn't do it if I'm the Clippers. Why tie up so much money on a guy who's pretty inefficient? Why mess with the Chemistry? I don't see him averaging more then 16-17 on the Clippers. Would rather take a chance on getting a young guy like Kawhi Leonard (Spurs love him though) for Bledsoe. He knows his role, can shoot from range and play D. He'll fit in better then Gay and would be a cheaper option. Gay needs the ball in his hands, whereas we have Cp3, Blake, and Crawford already getting lots of touches. Don't know how many touches he'll get in LA.

monty77
01-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Rudy Gay is a great player but he is really overpaid. Besides, Barnes is performing very well this year as SF so I don't understand why Clippers need a SF who average 37 minutes per game.

Likely, Billups should play more minutes, and if Bledsoe leave he would find the room, but I don't believe that pay so much money worth as we must remember that Griffin, Paul and Jordan are already earning a lot of money.

The key for this transaction is Grant Hill health because if he is ready to play this season, he maybe won't find the room with Rudy Gay on court, so Clippers will have wasted their money.

Grizzlies would benefit for this trade as he need a player as Bledsoe because they haven't any scorer, backup player as him. They would get rim of Rudy contract and, if you remember 2011 playoffs, they aren't going to miss him. Players like Randolph, Gasol and Conley would increase this shots per game and Butler would average about 10-12 points per game.

RLundi
01-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Clips needs to stay put. Once Hill gets back, Caron won't seem so terrible.

FarOutIos
01-12-2013, 08:58 AM
I can't believe how many people mention "depth" when discussing the possible trade. Depth can easily be attained for very little. If the Clippers believe Gay is an upgrade, then they should make the move.

In the playoffs, the rotation gets tighter and the depth is less important. Always trade for the best talent.

Chronz
01-12-2013, 02:30 PM
I honestly have trouble even counting Iggy as a SF to begin with because he plays SG a lot more than SF.
Semantics when dealing with Iggy and the wing positions. Hes a pointforward type at either spot.

Reminds me of people who still count Duncan as a PF when he's clearly been a C the last decade or so.
I get ya but its arbitrary in this type of case

Gallo is the starting SF for the Nuggets. If we count Iggy as a SF though I'm surprised you think he's THAT much better than Gay. He's more well rounded but he's also more inconsistent from what I've seen.
I dont know what you've seen so I cant really comment on it but yea its not much of an argument to me. That said I would rather have Gay on this team if only it wouldn't cost Bledsoe for that contract

Chronz
01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Lol, this made me remember dymez sig.
doesnt ring a bell....

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
doesnt ring a bell....

The "please come home Pierce baby" although, I don't know if he edited it.

kylem4711
01-12-2013, 02:59 PM
so if the clippers have a deep bench it doesnt matter cause the rotations get smaller in the playoffs.

if the clippers trade away some bench depth they are dummies cause they have good depth.

Clippersfan86
01-12-2013, 03:01 PM
so if the clippers have a deep bench it doesnt matter cause the rotations get smaller in the playoffs.

if the clippers trade away some bench depth they are dummies cause they have good depth.

I think it's somewhere in between. Sure our depth has been amazing but with Billups and Hill (both rotation players) returning it's about to become overkill and a couple key guys are going to rack up DNP's. So you can then afford to lose 1-2 of these guys and keep pace.

Chronz
01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
The "please come home Pierce baby" although, I don't know if he edited it.

Never heard of it.

Chronz
01-12-2013, 03:11 PM

LOL

Mind blown

mbsalame123
01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
i was trying to workout a trade offer on the trade deadline that would work out as far as salary goes, however, I couldn't figure out a way to get it done.

Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe aren't enough for the trade to work. they would need to trade about $4-5 million more so possibly ryan hollins, willie green, trey thompkins, and even grant hill for the salaries to match.
The clippers would be giving up their whole depth just to land someone who isn't really needed on this team. They have their cutter's in jordan and griffin and adding gay might just clog up the lane and make it that much harder for the clippers to workout their offense with 3 players who thrive off of give and goes and cutting.

caron butler may be injury prone and may not be the same he was in washington or let alone dallas, but he still brings the defense that anchors the team and he is far better shooter than rudy gay is. Plus he won a title with dallas so he brings the experience that rudy gay does not have. Eric Bledsoe has been a beast off the bench for the clippers with Jamal Crawford, Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom and Ronny Turiaf/Ryan Hollins.

The clippers bench is one of the most efficient lineups in the NBA.
the chemistry the clippers have going right now, is too strong for them to break it up. Plus they got 2 key players still nursing injuries in Chauncey Billups and Grant Hill. Hill will bring more depth at the small forward and help out if Butler begins to struggle and Billups too. The clippers are so deep that it is impossible to think what the rotation would be when the clippers are 100% healthy:

deandre jordan
blake griffin
caron butler
chauncey billups
chris paul
jamal crawford
matt barnes
eric bledsoe
lamar odom
willie green
ronny turiaf
ryan hollins

look at the choice of players coming off the bench! That is huge and the clippers better not ruin it.

But if the clippers are dumb enough to do it, and they have showed it in the past, than the grizzlies would be amazing!

getting an amazing replacement for rudy gay who anchors the defense and brings 3 point shooting, similar to what I said about trevor ariza. They get a backup point guard which is needed who would bring energy off the bench as well.

it comes to the clippers and wizards in my mind, as to which team can offer the best trade package. The clippers are contending right now and don't need anything distracting them or messing up their chemistry, so my favorite is washington!

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Clips needs to stay put. Once Hill gets back, Caron won't seem so terrible.

OMG that is such a slap to Caron

da ThRONe
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Depth is great for the regular season. Not so much in the post season.

I like this for the Clippers. Gay has hit a bunch of big shots and is a star in this league with superstar potential.

mzgrizz
01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Depth is great for the regular season. Not so much in the post season.

I like this for the Clippers. Gay has hit a bunch of big shots and is a star in this league with superstar potential.

Precisely the reason I want to keep him .......at least for one real title run

Chronz
01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
i was trying to workout a trade offer on the trade deadline that would work out as far as salary goes, however, I couldn't figure out a way to get it done.

Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe aren't enough for the trade to work. they would need to trade about $4-5 million more so possibly ryan hollins, willie green, trey thompkins, and even grant hill for the salaries to match.
The clippers would be giving up their whole depth just to land someone who isn't really needed on this team. They have their cutter's in jordan and griffin and adding gay might just clog up the lane and make it that much harder for the clippers to workout their offense with 3 players who thrive off of give and goes and cutting.

caron butler may be injury prone and may not be the same he was in washington or let alone dallas, but he still brings the defense that anchors the team and he is far better shooter than rudy gay is. Plus he won a title with dallas so he brings the experience that rudy gay does not have. Eric Bledsoe has been a beast off the bench for the clippers with Jamal Crawford, Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom and Ronny Turiaf/Ryan Hollins.

The clippers bench is one of the most efficient lineups in the NBA.
the chemistry the clippers have going right now, is too strong for them to break it up. Plus they got 2 key players still nursing injuries in Chauncey Billups and Grant Hill. Hill will bring more depth at the small forward and help out if Butler begins to struggle and Billups too. The clippers are so deep that it is impossible to think what the rotation would be when the clippers are 100% healthy:

deandre jordan
blake griffin
caron butler
chauncey billups
chris paul
jamal crawford
matt barnes
eric bledsoe
lamar odom
willie green
ronny turiaf
ryan hollins

look at the choice of players coming off the bench! That is huge and the clippers better not ruin it.

But if the clippers are dumb enough to do it, and they have showed it in the past, than the grizzlies would be amazing!

getting an amazing replacement for rudy gay who anchors the defense and brings 3 point shooting, similar to what I said about trevor ariza. They get a backup point guard which is needed who would bring energy off the bench as well.

it comes to the clippers and wizards in my mind, as to which team can offer the best trade package. The clippers are contending right now and don't need anything distracting them or messing up their chemistry, so my favorite is washington!
I like what your saying but Caron doesn't strike me as a valuable piece and he didn't win a ring in Dallas. He missed the entire run, in fact when he went down I remember saying they wouldn't miss him one bit. They went on to win the title

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2013, 06:23 AM
I'd like for the Clippers to add Gay, but it's just too much to give up. It does make sense for them to trade Bledsoe for an upgrade at SF. That is really the only position they can upgrade and Bledsoe most likely won't be kept long term. It might be smart to sell high and trade him now. He wasn't worth crap coming off an injury last year. I love the kid and he's really fun to watch. He has value on the team as the backup PG but I tend to agree with those that say the Clippers depth won't be as big a factor come playoffs. Especially if CP3 is playing 38-40 mpg. I'm OK with the team trading him and Butler is no loss. Bledsoe and Odom is too high of a price to pay for Gay. I do think he'd do very well on the Clippers though.

xILLN355
01-13-2013, 06:56 AM
LOL

Mind blown

Aliens dude, aliens.

meloman1592
01-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Do it clips

Method28
01-13-2013, 07:54 AM
I haven't looked at the salaries but id be down for a Butler+Bledsoe+picks (no other players) for Gay + Bayless or something like that.

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2013, 07:59 AM
I haven't looked at the salaries but id be down for a Butler+Bledsoe+picks (no other players) for Gay + Bayless or something like that.

Gay make so much money that we'd have to add Odom.

Method28
01-13-2013, 08:02 AM
I take it we are not allowed to sign Bledsoe long term (thus adding salary) and trade him to memphis? Lol

Just trying to find any way around it. As much as it sucks...id have to say no if we're including Odom too.

mzgrizz
01-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I'd like for the Clippers to add Gay, but it's just too much to give up. It does make sense for them to trade Bledsoe for an upgrade at SF. That is really the only position they can upgrade and Bledsoe most likely won't be kept long term. It might be smart to sell high and trade him now. He wasn't worth crap coming off an injury last year. I love the kid and he's really fun to watch. He has value on the team as the backup PG but I tend to agree with those that say the Clippers depth won't be as big a factor come playoffs. Especially if CP3 is playing 38-40 mpg. I'm OK with the team trading him and Butler is no loss. Bledsoe and Odom is too high of a price to pay for Gay. I do think he'd do very well on the Clippers though.

I personally wouldn't ride CP3 that hard in the playoffs, Cracka. The intensity and physical drain on them(and the fans too!!) might be more than he could do at that clip. For me, it makes NO sense to trade Rudy in the West, so look to the East . BTW I'll be at the game tomorrow night to give them all a nice Southern welcome !!

Vinylman
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Just a question for Clipper fans...

why did the clipps not re-sign Kmart?

was there a problem or just a number of spots issue?

Even if you have to give up odom/butler/bledsoe/this years first for Gay i would think you should do it

you can always sign Kmart and even a guy like delonte not to mention that others will be available at the deadline...

What would be real nice is if Memphis had a big they could give back but they are pretty thin in terms of quality after Zbo and Marc.

Adding Gay to that core would troubling to me as a laker fan :speechless:

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
I personally wouldn't ride CP3 that hard in the playoffs, Cracka. The intensity and physical drain on them(and the fans too!!) might be more than he could do at that clip. For me, it makes NO sense to trade Rudy in the West, so look to the East . BTW I'll be at the game tomorrow night to give them all a nice Southern welcome !!I don't really want to see him play that much, but some games he will have to. I agree that a trade between our teams doesn't really make sense considering where we are in the standings.

Even if you have to give up odom/butler/bledsoe/this years first for Gay i would think you should do it

you can always sign Kmart and even a guy like delonte not to mention that others will be available at the deadline...

What would be real nice is if Memphis had a big they could give back but they are pretty thin in terms of quality after Zbo and Marc.

Adding Gay to that core would troubling to me as a laker fan :speechless:There was a falling out between KMart and Del Negro. He refused to re-enter a game or something. He wasn't very good here either. The guy we should have held on to was Reggie Evans. If the Clippers were to make a move where Odom is traded I would welcome KMart back. He did play good D.

KnicksorBust
01-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Bench players and an overpaid bum for a legit #3 option entering his prime? Be serious.

kylem4711
01-13-2013, 08:29 PM

Adding Gay to that core would troubling to me as a laker fan :speechless:

-it seemed like kmart was already upset about his minutes and they would have only gone down with odom.

-turiaf might not be the best, but he has championship experience and is a GREAT teammate. plus, turiaf shot 60% from the ft line last year and kenyon shot 30 something. free throws were something that the clippers tried to address, it seems. hollins is also a much better ft shooter than reggie evans.

-possibly money. didn't kenyon say that he wasn't going to play for the minimum? turiaf and hollins make the minimum.

meloman1592
01-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Bench players and an overpaid bum for a legit #3 option entering his prime? Be serious.

!

STL Don
01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
As long as Chris Paul is the starting point guard for the foreseeable future, I believe this trade would only improve their roster.
Bledsoe is good. Obviously he's the piece that Memphis wants the most and has to be in the deal. Eventually he's going to leave anyway and find a home where he can start and showcase his full package. Swapping Butler for Gay does not hurt at all considering they have Matt Barnes and Grant Hill on their roster as well.

The Clippers have been awesome this year, one of the best teams in the league, however, they do not stand out to me as the team to beat or the best team by any means. They're really good, with the roster they have now, I do believe they could make it far but, a deal involving Bledsoe/Butler for Gay, IMO, would only make them that much better and give them the opportunity to be the "best team".. at least over what they have now.

sventhedog
01-13-2013, 10:58 PM
the problem is where would the clippers turn to for perimeter defense? with the league dominated by quicker scoring guards, it would be a problem.

Jint.
01-13-2013, 11:15 PM
If Im the Paper Clipps.. I dont do it

rickshaw
01-13-2013, 11:42 PM

Which team is getting the overpaid one here?

Method28
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Which team is getting the overpaid one here?

Two are overpaid....only one is a bum lol

LakersIn5
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
deandre-turiaf
blake-odom
gay-hill
green-crawford
cp3-billups

DAMN!!!!!