PDA

View Full Version : Who leaves the Lakers first: Dwight or D'antoni?

djohn2oo8
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM
?

HeaTxRipZz
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Dwight. Mike D will be there awhile trying to make Kobe, Nash and Pau work I believe

ZHawk1123
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Mike D'Antoni... They'll both be gone though.

abe_froman
01-11-2013, 03:26 PM
mike,they'll fire him the moment the season ends

oak2455
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Pringles

justinnum1
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
does it matter? Jim buss is a joke. and has no clue how to run a franchise.

ManRam
01-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I hope it's Dwight. That would be terrible for the franchise.

LakersMaster24
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Please, lets bet that Dwight stays.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
It will be

1st Pau traded.
2nd Dantoni Fired
3 Dwight leaves as a f.a
4 Bryant asks for trade if he does not ge it walks as f.a in 2014.

HeaTxRipZz
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I thought Kobe was an FA this offseason? Could be wrong

celmxc
01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Gasol... then Mike D... but if gasol gets traded it will be a slap in the face to Steve Nash because he was told that gasol will not be traded ...

HaruSoul
01-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Kobe will retire before he plays for another team...

KniCks4LiFe
01-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Dwight.

True Sports Fan
01-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Gasol... then Mike D... but if gasol gets traded it will be a slap in the face to Steve Nash because he was told that gasol will not be traded ...

This. Gasol is going first. Maybe Nash gets traded along with Gasol though?

KniCks4LiFe
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
This. Gasol is going first. Maybe Nash gets traded along with Gasol though?

guaranteed contracts going before high level non guaranteed. Does Dwight even want to stay?

celmxc
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Kobe will retire before he plays for another team...

I was thinking the same thing... but i don't know anymore ... I mean even MJ played for the wizzards LOL ... maybe Kobe would play in Italy ? LOL its a toss up really I think he doesn't even know what he's going to do :confused:

beliges
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
All indications are that Dwight will stay. Its nearly impossible to find a better place to play ball than in LA on the Lakers. Dwight gets the chance to become an all time legend with some success in LA. But its no secret that Mike D will surely not be back with the team by next season. But I would think the likelihood of Dwight sticking around is significantly high. On top of all that, the Lakers can get him a better financial deal than any other team in the league.

Hopefully for the Lakers franchise though, he needs to finally earn it.

KniCks4LiFe
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm going to ask this again. Does Dwight even want to stay?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Pau Gasol

beliges
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing... but i don't know anymore ... I mean even MJ played for the wizzards LOL ... maybe Kobe would play in Italy ? LOL its a toss up really I think he doesn't even know what he's going to do :confused:

MJ never played that long for the Bulls as compared to Kobe and the Lakers. Dont see Kobe playing on another team. Hes a Laker for life.

celmxc
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
All indications are that Dwight will stay. Its nearly impossible to find a better place to play ball than in LA on the Lakers. Dwight gets the chance to become an all time legend with some success in LA. But its no secret that Mike D will surely not be back with the team by next season. But I would think the likelihood of Dwight sticking around is significantly high. On top of all that, the Lakers can get him a better financial deal than any other team in the league.

Hopefully for the Lakers franchise though, he needs to finally earn it.

ummm ... how bout Brooklyn or Knicks ... maybe even Clippers ? LOL

Blitzace137
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Trade Nash to the Knicks for Felton and Novak get it done. Gasol will be gone most likely. I think D'Antoni stays Dwight will leave. Imagine Dwight in Houston with Harden, Lin and Parsons.

THE MTL
01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Why isnt Gasol included in the thread? He'll be the first to leave.

Amare for Gasol deadline deal.

celmxc
01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
MJ never played that long for the Bulls as compared to Kobe and the Lakers. Dont see Kobe playing on another team. Hes a Laker for life.

If Kobe play through contract... he is probably going to want another huge contract... I don't know if the Lakers are going to do that ( Jim Bus)... maybe another team will give it to him

ChicagoFan4Eva
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
The lakers owner was dumb not to offer phil jackson a contract. The bulls should offer up something for dwight though. He should get his back fixed somehow.

celmxc
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Why isnt Gasol included in the thread? He'll be the first to leave.

Amare for Gasol deadline deal.

... if that happens ... then Knicks beat the heat ... the Heat will be out rebounded for sure

THE MTL
01-11-2013, 05:14 PM
The lakers owner was dumb not to offer phil jackson a contract. The bulls should offer up something for dwight though. He should get his back fixed somehow.

No we all know how that is going to end.... the Bulls once again refuse to give Deng to the Lakers lmao.

THE MTL
01-11-2013, 05:15 PM
... if that happens ... then Knicks beat the heat ... the Heat will be out rebounded for sure

Well Im not going to speak about the Heat because they have Lebron James. But I think Gasol for Amare will benefit both teams.

Kevj77
01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Dwight will re-sign with LA. The Lakers will convince him they have a plan in 2014 when the contracts of Kobe, Pau, Artest and Blake all expire that revolves around Howard. Howard will be the man in LA and they will have the cap space to sign any free agent they want.

Mike D will get fired eventually, but not this year firing two coaches in one year won't happen. He was doomed to fail he never should have been hired. He only coaches one system and LA doesn't have the right players even if they have Nash. They are too slow and have poor outside shooters. They are build to play a slow halfcourt style of ball.

HowFit
01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Dwight...

Vinylman
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
If the question is who will LEAVE...

then it definitely won't be Dantoni

If the question is who will be gone first it's Dantoni via firing after the 2013/14 season

effen5
01-11-2013, 06:26 PM
No team is stupid enough to pay three coaches

drew_ellis_23
01-11-2013, 06:27 PM
They should just trade Dwight to the Knicks for Amare. Knicks don't need Amare so whatever they get from Dwight would be a plus and he is a FA after this year. Stick the Lakers with another guy with a bum leg. Perfect trade.

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Weird thing is that Orlando will probably win the Dwight trade

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 06:29 PM
They should just trade Dwight to the Knicks for Amare. Knicks don't need Amare so whatever they get from Dwight would be a plus and he is a FA after this year. Stick the Lakers with another guy with a bum leg. Perfect trade.

Yeah sure, send j.r smith for Kobe too while you're at it

Vinylman
01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
No team is stupid enough to pay three coaches

i don't know if this was directed at anyone in particular but if you think the Lakers will keep Dantoni after NEXT year without a finals appearance (which won't happen) then you really don't know the Lakers very well. As for paying for 3 coaches it won't be anymore than they were paying phil and Rudy T combined and it would only be for one year

drew_ellis_23
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM

The way Kobe is playing that might actually help the Lakers LMAO. Kobe is showing his age. The entire Laker team is. Funny thing is, if they keep this group together, I bet they go damn near unbeaten after the all star break and crack the playoffs. Once they all get healthy and on the court together for consecutive games they will work it out.

beliges
01-11-2013, 06:37 PM

My point was the Lakers are clearly the greatest franchise in NBA history. Furthermore, your in LA and the Lakers are the biggest thing there. In NY for example, you got the Jets, Giants and Yankees. The Knicks or Nets are not the cream of the crop there. In LA, they live and die by the Lakers.

Anyways, my point being, its nearly impossible for Dwight to leave LA and go elsewhere. Not only would he take a financial hit, but not many better options than LA.

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 06:37 PM

The way Kobe is playing that might actually help the Lakers LMAO. Kobe is showing his age. The entire Laker team is. Funny thing is, if they keep this group together, I bet they go damn near unbeaten after the all star break and crack the playoffs. Once they all get healthy and on the court together for consecutive games they will work it out.

Yeah man Kobe is only dropping 30 a game on 47% shooting

drew_ellis_23
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
My point was the Lakers are clearly the greatest franchise in NBA history. Furthermore, your in LA and the Lakers are the biggest thing there. In NY for example, you got the Jets, Giants and Yankees. The Knicks or Nets are not the cream of the crop there. In LA, they live and die by the Lakers.

Anyways, my point being, its nearly impossible for Dwight to leave LA and go elsewhere. Not only would he take a financial hit, but not many better options than LA.

I don't think Dwight will go anywhere. I think the Lakers problem is Nash and Pau. Kobe is about done but still better than 99% of the SG out there. They need a younger quicker PG, and a better PF. Lakers should try and get JJ Hickson at the deadline or in the off season. I haven't seen enough of Nash this season to know if he can still play like he had in the past. Going to take him and Kobe a while to gel. Kobe is used to having the ball. Lakers should have went hard after Ray Allen last off season too. Lakers are a old team with no depth. Same problem the Heat had the first year with Lebron. Got to have a solid bench. Lakers are a older version of the 2011 Heat.

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Wrong, there's better options then L.A:

Cleveland (kyrie, waiters, etc)
Chicago (rose, deng, boozer)
Philly (if they don't resign Bynum)
Houston (Harden, parsons, can trade Asik for a legit pg)
Clippers (amnesty Jordan and you got a dynasty)

drew_ellis_23
01-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah man Kobe is only dropping 30 a game on 47% shooting

Look at his percentages during clutch time though. He used to be one of the most clutch shooters and now he is missing. I was being sarcastic anyways. JR Smith is garbage. Amare with Nash might be a good fit though and there is a slight chance that Dwight leaves in the off season so Amare might not be a bad idea. Nash, Kobe, Pau and Amare might be a better fit. Dwight is a better player for sure, but it isn't working. It won't happen anyway but Amare was playing his best ball with Dantoni while in Phoenix and NY. The Lakers tried this when they had Malone, Payton, Kobe, and the rest of that All Star team a few years back but they didn't win a title with that group cause it didn't gel. They might have the same problem here. Just cause you have 4 of the best players in the game doesn't mean you are going to win. Especially when 3 of them are past their prime.