PDA

View Full Version : Will the kings really move to Seattle this time and what other nba clubs might move?

HoopsStar99
01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
In the next 15-20 years or over the next decade I should say do you think we will see any nba teams moving in the near future? That have poor economic financial problems? The kings you think will finally move to Seattle or will Kevin Johnson save the kings once again like he did when they almost moved to Anaheim last season???? The hornets I thought were in danger of moving from the big easy but that looks like its not happening with the new ownership I suppose unless something else wrong happens.

JLynn943
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
I think it's most likely that the Kings will end up being moved, but there is a possibility they don't. The Maloofs could just be using Seattle as a way to drive up the price of the franchise. People who are willing to keep the team in Sacramento have the advantage of not having to pay the relocation fees, so that may help others make a better offer than Seattle. There's an issue with the Maloofs owing loans to the city, so if they can get more out of someone that helps them even more. I think the group in Seattle will pay whatever it take to bring a team back to Seattle though.

Other teams moving? I don't know. New Orleans seemed like they could, but now probably not. I don't know Charlotte's situation, but they always seemed to be brought up in conversations about relocation, too.

Maybe if the Clippers are successful for a while they'll want to move to Anaheim? Staples will get replaced at some point. Not sure if moving would really be worth the cost though.

abe_froman
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
charlotte is the only other team besides the kings that could be moved(if mj ever sells),too much stability everywhere else

celmxc
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
hmmm... charlotte bobcats .... they need to move to Las Vegas... its a win win for everyone... its easier to recruit players and perhaps keep players... mj is a gambling addict LOL

CubsBullsBucs
01-11-2013, 02:48 PM
I remember a while back a group including Mark Cuban was thinking about moving Detroit to Pittsburgh...... But to answer the question Charlotte will become the Hornets and stay, New Orleans will become the Jazz and stay, Utah will stay put as well, idk about the name though. Golden State will move to San Francisco,Phoenix might move down the road, but thats about it. I say just expand the league two teams, add Seattle and a 2nd. (Vegas, Pittsburgh,....)

NYKnicksAllDay
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I could see the Hawks eventually leaving Atlanta.

NateyB24
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Depends on if the Maloofs care about Sacramento or not i think a Seattle investment group would be willing to go really high considering how big this market is.

Don't know about the Sacramento group when it gets formed we will have to wait and find out.

gatkins11
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
I remember a while back a group including Mark Cuban was thinking about moving Detroit to Pittsburgh...... But to answer the question Charlotte will become the Hornets and stay, New Orleans will become the Jazz and stay, Utah will stay put as well, idk about the name though. Golden State will move to San Francisco,Phoenix might move down the road, but thats about it. I say just expand the league two teams, add Seattle and a 2nd. (Vegas, Pittsburgh,....)

Doubtful.

ztilzer31
01-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Fans already complain about wanting less teams. Doubtful they expand. League is too diluted as it is.

BlinkManJan02
01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I could see the Hawks eventually leaving Atlanta.

your sig made me lol hard. I love that **** hahahahaha. dear god.