PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Cousins is my favorite NBA "personality"....

Everymanalion
01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I know I will get flamed for this, but I actually do like the way he speaks his mind, this is sports, not a corporate office where you have to be P.C. constantly. I like his intensity, his confrontational attitude and hell even his dirty plays sometimes. I think overall he is the "realest" guy in the league...sure he makes stupid mistakes just like everyone else but I feel I am the only person who likes him the way he is.....:clap: anyone else?

Maybe I just am an ******* and can relate to him, the only thing I do not agree with is him yelling and fighting with his own coach/team so much, otherwise I endorse him fully ha.

ZebraCity916
01-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm a Kings fan, obviously, so I love Boogie, but he has a lot of maturing to do. That's my only problem with him.

Love the dude, otherwise. :love:

king4day
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I know I will get flamed for this, but I actually do like the way he speaks his mind, this is sports, not a corporate office where you have to be P.C. constantly. I like his intensity, his confrontational attitude and hell even his dirty plays sometimes. I think overall he is the "realest" guy in the league...sure he makes stupid mistakes just like everyone else but I feel I am the only person who likes him the way he is.....:clap: anyone else?

Maybe I just am an ******* and can relate to him, the only thing I do not agree with is him yelling and fighting with his own coach/team so much, otherwise I endorse him fully ha.

I'm not sure everyone gets suspended for conduct detrimental to the team as much as he does.
This might fly in rec leagues but the NBA is a business and he doesn't realize he's a goldfish in an ocean. The league doesn't and won't ever revolve around him.

benzni
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I like DMC also a lot

eugene
01-11-2013, 12:09 PM
waiting for him joining Rondo in Celts :D

Avenged
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
He's just a very lovable guy :rolleyes:

last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pERQcPnhU

eugene
01-11-2013, 12:26 PM

last night:

Lol :D

lakerfan85
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM

last night:

I wish Cousins played for the Lakers..

MintBerryCrunch
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Big fan of his game but he's got some maturing to do

LJEATON26
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I'd love to have his attitude on the Thunder. He's got the swag that us Thunder fans wish Perk still had. Not to mention he has 100x the talent.

KingsPhillies
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
All personal bias aside, I love the guy. I probably would even if he weren't on the Kings. He's big, tough, never backs down, plays physical and speaks his mind. He kind of reminds me of a lot of bigs in the 80's and 90's. His maturity issues have been blown a tad out of proportion. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Are some of them stupid mistakes? Of course. But he's not the first guy to be suspended for conduct detrimental to their team, and will not be the last. He may not be the most mature guy in the NBA, but I don't think he's a headcase like so many others seem to.

As for the incident last night, that was a heat-of-the-moment reaction. Stuff like that happens all the time in the NBA, and no one cares. You can even tell by his reaction that he didn't really mean to blast VC off his feet, and seemed to actually feel bad for doing so. Had he stormed off the court and started trashing the locker room, then yes, it's an issue. But what happened last night isn't a big deal. It's a physical game. I'd hate to see what most of you would think about Bill Laimbeer if you had seen him play. Because it's plainly obvious to me that a good portion of those who post in this forum never saw how physical the game used to be.

SlimKid
01-11-2013, 12:49 PM

last night:

Can't say I've seen too many players committing a flagrant foul then attempting to catch the dude they committed it against.. That's lovable in a way, right?:rolleyes:

Off topic: How was that a flagrant 2?

Infamous916
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Anyway, I'm completely bias & love Cousins. Only way that could change is if he sold his soul & signed a FA contract to the Lakers.

Byronicle
01-11-2013, 01:17 PM

last night:

He should be called Dumbmarcus. I would never want him on my team.

but that was a flop on Vince Carter. Wasn't even a striking motion, more of a push

He gets these reputation calls where he gets T'd up easily. I actually do agree with a flagrant 2 by its definition but in the heat of the moment, scrambling trying to get a ball, arms can be flailing everywhere so i can see the intent was not there.

if he gets a suspension then that is ridiculous

Stinkyoutsider
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I respect him and his game a lot but he's got a horrible reputation that's going to take a long time to change imo...

The thing is, I think he's not able to get over when he's not the best player on the floor or getting the calls to go his way. A lot of the stuff he does to other players is uncalled for. I still remember the interview Carmelo Anthony gave during the last team USA training camp when he said Cousins needed to grow up. And, it's not just Anthony saying it either.

This guy can give Dwight Howard a run at being the best center in the NBA but he's got to get his mind right...

JiffyMix88
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
He should be called Dumbmarcus. I would never want him on my team.

but that was a flop on Vince Carter. Wasn't even a striking motion, more of a push

He gets these reputation calls where he gets T'd up easily. I actually do agree with a flagrant 2 by its definition but in the heat of the moment, scrambling trying to get a ball, arms can be flailing everywhere so i can see the intent was not there.

if he gets a suspension then that is ridiculous

AHA! I Get it!

72 Wins
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I agree, that was a major flop by VC. I wouldn't consider yesterday's "incident" to be anything major. It got media attention because it was Cousins. He still has growing up to do, but hoping he's taking steps in that direction because he has so much talent.

True Sports Fan
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Can't say I've seen too many players committing a flagrant foul then attempting to catch the dude they committed it against.. That's lovable in a way, right?:rolleyes:

Off topic: How was that a flagrant 2?

It's the Kings, duh. What do you expect?

sep11ie
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
All those gloomy Seattle days are gonna drive him crazy.

C_Mund
01-11-2013, 04:25 PM
waiting for him joining Rondo in Celts :D

They'd either be best friends or worst enemies

Gritz
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
50 cent and B.I.G my _________

DerekRE_3
01-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately not everyone is ready to Boogie. Those that aren't should read this:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-02-17/demarcus-cousins-peeling-back-the-layers-kings-big-man-is-laid-back-and-loveable