PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge

PleaseBeNice
01-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks he is an overrated, underrated player?

b@llhog24
01-11-2013, 12:41 AM
He was underrated last season, this season he hasn't been nearly as good as he was last year.

STA_PLAR
01-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Am I the only one who thinks he is an overrated, underrated player?

What? lol

PleaseBeNice
01-11-2013, 01:05 AM
What? lol

People peg him as one of the most underrated players in the NBA. Of the "underrated" players in the league, I believe he is one of the overrated ones

RenegadeRiot36
01-11-2013, 01:13 AM
So adequately rated then?

ThaDubs
01-11-2013, 01:19 AM
So he's neutral???

Jarvo
01-11-2013, 01:31 AM
He's not overrated.

Alayla
01-11-2013, 01:39 AM
its True that he isnt wildly underrated like alot of people think but there are also people who think he sucks he is what is called polarizing where you can talk to 2 people about him and here wildly differing options.

rocky4104
01-11-2013, 01:48 AM
So adequately rated then?

this lol

thechom80
01-11-2013, 01:51 AM
He's not overrated.

or underrated either.

sep11ie
01-11-2013, 02:14 AM
If he had more exposure he'd be overrated. As of now he's underrated.

tapajafri
01-11-2013, 02:22 AM
He's underrated by many fans.... but then he is overrated by many other fans.

Tony_Starks
01-11-2013, 02:25 AM
One of the best PF's in the game. Underrated because he doesn't get as much shine as Love or Griffin.....

Leftcoast_yg
01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
or underrated either.

Lol what movie is that pic in ur sig from?

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 11:37 AM
One of the best PF's in the game. Underrated because he doesn't get as much shine as Love or Griffin.....

His rebounding cant compare to love or griffin

Love is superior in every way over LMA

heyman321
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM

maybe cause they're better in pretty much every way? He is a better shooter than Griffin, that's it. Love, not in any way.

eugene
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
He is just Ok, nothing more, nothing less :D

valade16
01-11-2013, 12:27 PM

maybe cause they're better in pretty much every way? He is a better shooter than Griffin, that's it. Love, not in any way.

That is very ignorant (NOTE: I'm not using it in a derogatory way, but it's obvious you know or have watched very little of LMA).

Kevin Love does not have as good a post game as LMA. In fact, it's not even close.

That being said I think the best PFs in the league are Love, Griffin, LMA, Dirk.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-11-2013, 12:42 PM
overrated slightly

Red Hot Rolllin
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM

15 boards against the MEAT last night was nice..

tough cover just ask any big that has to rolls out 20 feet every set and he is tearing up the left box...

LMA and Lebron only players averaging over 20 and 8 a game in the NBA can't be all that bad

Bring on Oakland

Red Hot Rolllin
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Steve Kerr disagrees he calls LMA the best all around power forward in the game

just though I drop in a qualified source among the bar room jarble

heyman321
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Steve Kerr disagrees he calls LMA the best all around power forward in the game

just though I drop in a qualified source among the bar room jarble

Not surprised, you're a Blazers fan. Of course you would take any quibble Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller says.

airforceones25
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Been saying he's overrated on this forum for a long *** time and constantly get flack for it.

Please refer to past threads. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=740580

I still have him inside my top 10 but nowhere near the top like you kids state. That is all!

smith&wesson
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
he is under rated

BGeer091
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Aldridge is a great player, if I had to pick a PF in a draft he'd be the guy I picked. Yes over Dirk, Blake, Love etc.

Tysons_Beard
01-11-2013, 02:47 PM
top 10 pf, great talent

el hidalgo
01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Aldridge is a great player, if I had to pick a PF in a draft he'd be the guy I picked. Yes over Dirk, Blake, Love etc.

im calling troll

valade16
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Been saying he's overrated on this forum for a long *** time and constantly get flack for it.

Please refer to past threads. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=740580

I still have him inside my top 10 but nowhere near the top like you kids state. That is all!

Yeah, I know, you're the guy who thought Amare Stoudemire last year was better than LMA.

Still think that? :eyebrow:

BGeer091
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
im calling troll

Nope! I'm being serious. I think he's a lot better then people give him credit for. I'm a Knicks fan first, but I watch a lot of Portland games as well. I think he's easily one of the best post players in the game. His outside touch is just as good as Dirks.(besides 3's) I think he's an underrated defender, good rebounder, and passer.

sp1derm00
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM
That is very ignorant (NOTE: I'm not using it in a derogatory way, but it's obvious you know or have watched very little of LMA).

Kevin Love does not have as good a post game as LMA. In fact, it's not even close.

That being said I think the best PFs in the league are Love, Griffin, LMA, Dirk.

I think Tim Duncan has a little something to say about that. He's still the best PF in the game.

airforceones25
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I know, you're the guy who thought Amare Stoudemire last year was better than LMA.

Still think that? :eyebrow:

Unfortunately Amare's knees have greatly failed him and he is a shell of his former self. I can easily admit he's not the player he once was. However, I can still easily tell you LMA is still not top 5 and is still ridiculously overrated by you especially!

Also of not old guy Timmy Duncan is STILL better than LMA like I noted. Lol

diu9leilomo
01-11-2013, 03:50 PM
hes a bigger, slower and a better rebounder of chris bosh

valade16
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately Amare's knees have greatly failed him and he is a shell of his former self. I can easily admit he's not the player he once was. However, I can still easily tell you LMA is still not top 5 and is still ridiculously overrated by you especially!

If you're trying to trivialize LMA's talent by suggesting the best PF of all-time is better than him, have at it...

LMA is firmly in the Top 5 best PFs in the game right now. I'd ask you to name 5 that are better but I can only imagine the cast of characters you'd list.

airforceones25
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
If you're trying to trivialize LMA's talent by suggesting the best PF of all-time is better than him, have at it...

LMA is firmly in the Top 5 best PFs in the game right now. I'd ask you to name 5 that are better but I can only imagine the cast of characters you'd list.

Easy.

No order.....

Love
Blake
ZBo
Dirk
Pau
Duncan
Bosh

Ibaka is close soley based on his ridiculously awesome defensive ability.

Then you have a wealth of guys who are pretty close to him or nipping at his heals.

Plus this list doesn't include the likes of a LBJ or Melo who often play tons of minutes at the PF position these days.

I'm sorry but LMA is not top 5 in my list and never has been. Like I've stated so much in the past he's in my lower top 10 and is very overrated on these boards in my eyes.

shen
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Easy.

No order.....

Love
Blake
ZBo
Dirk
Pau
Duncan
Bosh

Then you have a wealth of guys who are pretty close to him or nipping at his heals.

Plus this list doesn't include the likes of a LBJ or Melo who often play tons of minutes at the PF position these days.

I'm sorry but LMA is not top 5 in my list and never has been. Like I've stated so much in the past he's in my lower top 10 and is very overrated on these boards in my eyes.

LMA is better then Love, Blake, Zbo (by a mile), Pau (not even close), Dirk, and Bosh.

b@llhog24
01-11-2013, 04:48 PM

Except Duncan is a center now.

Easy.

No order.....

Love
Blake
ZBo
Dirk
Pau
Duncan
Bosh

Only reason you're able to have this argument is because LMA has played poorly THIS season. So if we're basing this on seasonal production the only PFs ahead on him are: Blake, Bosh and you could flip anyone of Zbo, Anderson and Lee with him, which still leaves him in the top 5.

shen
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Except Duncan is a center now.

Only reason you're able to have this argument is because LMA has played poorly THIS season. So if we're basing this on seasonal production the only PFs ahead on him are: Blake, Bosh and you could flip anyone of Zbo, Anderson and Lee with him, which still leaves him in the top 5.

LMA is only player besides Lebron James averaging at least 20 and 8. He has secretly become the best PF in the game. If he was at big market everyone would know it.

airforceones25
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
LMA is only player besides Lebron James averaging at least 20 and 8. He has secretly become the best PF in the game. If he was at big market everyone would know it.

LOL. Because stats tell the story. :facepalm:

shen
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
LOL. Because stats tell the story. :facepalm:

The ONLY flaw he has is a lack of a killer instinct. Something he shares with all but 2 PF's in the league. Watch the tape he is best PF. Look at stats he is better. Yet somehow you have decided he isn't that good. Really not interested in your opinion, at least not until you start judging players based on facts.

ChiSox219
01-11-2013, 05:22 PM
The ONLY flaw he has is a lack of a killer instinct. Something he shares with all but 2 PF's in the league. Watch the tape he is best PF. Look at stats he is better. Yet somehow you have decided he isn't that good. Really not interested in your opinion, at least not until you start judging players based on facts.

He's taken more than twice as many long 2s as shots at the rim, no wonder his TS% is so low.

Stunner
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Overrated ? lol he not even listed hardly anyone's top 5 pf's list.

Stunner
01-11-2013, 05:24 PM
LMA is better then Love, Blake, Zbo (by a mile), Pau (not even close), Dirk, and Bosh.

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

JerseyPalahniuk
01-11-2013, 05:44 PM

I don't know what stats you are looking at that proves he is better Bosh, Griffin, and Love?

airforceones25
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Stats are misleading. FACT

you don't think the fact that he plays more minutes than any other power forward in basketball allows him to increase his raw stat totals? Lol

There is no need to debate with you if you fail to realize the basics first.

HowFit
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM
He's underrated by many fans.... but then he is overrated by many other fans.

and neutral by others...

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 06:21 PM
LMA has never averaged double digit reb a game, let alone 9, when he had generally been in a slow paced offense in Portland (which means more rebound opportunties)

Love has averaged 11 + reb 3 of his 4 years, one of them being 15 a game

Love can not only dominate the paint, but stretch the defense as well with the three ball. (Imagine if love stayed in the paint, he'd average 16-18 reb a game)

People call pau soft, but compared to LMA, he's as strong as steel

Kyben36
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
he is similar to chris bosh IMO, tall jump shooting big man who gets most of his points because oposing bigs give him that shot, its part of the game in the nba today, but I dont respect that game at all.

shen
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
he is similar to chris bosh IMO, tall jump shooting big man who gets most of his points because oposing bigs give him that shot, its part of the game in the nba today, but I dont respect that game at all.

I am forced to ask if you have ever watched him? He has not been that player for 3 seasons. Most his points come from backing down the defender. This point he gets as many from a left handed hook as he does from jumpers. He has 2 or fewer open shots a game. He is always heavily defended.

People need to stop making assumptions based off his first couple years in the league. He is one of the most physical players in the league. The ONLY problem he has is a lack of killer instinct. If late in a game an opponent starts a comeback and he misses a shot he freaks out and can't hit a damn thing, not even FT's. Not until someone else starts to score.

b@llhog24
01-11-2013, 07:22 PM
LMA has never averaged double digit reb a game, let alone 9, when he had generally been in a slow paced offense in Portland (which means more rebound opportunties)

Love can not only dominate the paint, but stretch the defense as well with the three ball. (Imagine if love stayed in the paint, he'd average 16-18 reb a game)

:facepalm:

Kyben36
01-11-2013, 07:38 PM
I am forced to ask if you have ever watched him? He has not been that player for 3 seasons. Most his points come from backing down the defender. This point he gets as many from a left handed hook as he does from jumpers. He has 2 or fewer open shots a game. He is always heavily defended.

People need to stop making assumptions based off his first couple years in the league. He is one of the most physical players in the league. The ONLY problem he has is a lack of killer instinct. If late in a game an opponent starts a comeback and he misses a shot he freaks out and can't hit a damn thing, not even FT's. Not until someone else starts to score.

yes he has expanded his game but the bulk of it still comes from that mid range shot. guys like bosh, and Hanborough come to mind trying to compare him to somebody. I just dont like bigs who arnt big offensivly. personaly.

ohreally
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM

So DLee is averaging 19.7. But then again Lee, who takes a lot o long twos as well, has a much better percentage, effective percentage, PER on less usage, and is a Bette passer. DLee is a scrub though, LaMarcus is SOOOO much better.

ohreally
01-11-2013, 09:04 PM

I understand Love ha been injure a bi this year, but his shooting overall and 3 pt shooting has been abysmal, yet he aw still averaging 17 shots. Game. Ferocious rebounder, but this year Minny is better withou hm.

yaswaggin
01-11-2013, 09:18 PM

I understand Love ha been injure a bi this year, but his shooting overall and 3 pt shooting has been abysmal, yet he aw still averaging 17 shots. Game. Ferocious rebounder, but this year Minny is better withou hm.

A bit? The injury clearly cuffed his offensive game.

ohreally
01-12-2013, 02:11 AM
A bit? The injury clearly cuffed his offensive game.

Maybe. But in that case he should not be averaging over 17 shots per game.

Knicks had Lee and Randolph at the time and I still hoped they would get Love. I value rebounding. But I 'm still not totally settled on him. In a way, I think his winding up on such a bad team has swollen his head.

ThaDubs
01-12-2013, 02:18 AM
A bit off topic but holy **** Damian went off tonight. I was at Oracle today and when he was raining it was ridiculous... The whole crowd was jawdropped. Almost 40 points smh.

Rhino
01-12-2013, 02:38 AM
A bit off topic but holy **** Damian went off tonight. I was at Oracle today and when he was raining it was ridiculous... The whole crowd was jawdropped. Almost 40 points smh.

Damian Lillard is legit the kid can flat out play and the skies the limit for this Blazers squad as long as he is at the helm. Aldridge has his good and bad qualities but I think he is not over rated at all. I can't believe some of the comments being made about him on this thread. Some of you obviously haven't watched Aldridge too much, oh well everyone has their opinion.

b@llhog24
01-12-2013, 02:43 AM
We have a D12 fan sighting.

ThaDubs
01-12-2013, 04:04 AM
LaMarcus is sometimes overhyped. I remember BR calling him the best Power Forward in the league when he's not. I know this opinion sounds a bit biased because I'm obviously a Warriors fan but I honestly think that (at least for right now) David Lee is the best at his position. You can't argue with 20, 10, 4.