PDA

View Full Version : Why is this year so boring about trades?

Hellcrooner
01-10-2013, 01:05 PM
october 27th
Oklahoma City traded guard James Harden to Houston for guard Kevin Martin, guard Jeremy Lamb, two first-round draft picks and a second-round draft pick. Waived guard Andy Rautins, center Daniel Orton and forward Hollis Thompson.

Yep , thats it there has only been ONE trade since the league started.

A few cut/waive things here and a bunch of NBld call ups/ Signingis there.

Nothing more.

Considering there are many teams that supposedly want to move some pieces.

Why in hell has nothing happened yet?

I mean, every year there are a number of small role plaeyrs moves during late november and december but we hvent had even that small trades .

Whats going on?

DreamShaker
01-10-2013, 01:13 PM
It will pick up. After the January deadline I think a few more trades will go down.

TheNumber37
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
because the teams did a lot of moves this summer.
Also, most assets are injured or under performing in some way. more over, teams with assets who normally do trades are playing well now. clipps, warriors Memphis

Rockice_8
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Wait until Feb it'll pickup.

kobe4thewinbang
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
It bugs me! But, it's their choice. The summer was pretty crazy. I think this may be a "see how we do" year for every team.

bigsams50
01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I think like everyone said, its about to pick up. I see the Celtics making a move soon. Possibly for another big

Snakeyestx
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Lots of content teams?

Maybe they're just happy with their rosters, or don't have assets or cap space to make newsworthy headlines?

Trade rumors will definitely pick up in the next 3-4 weeks though, you can count on that with so many expiring contracts and soon to be free agents.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Probably because they all made trades before the season started. I mean we had 1 superstar move in the offseason and another star just before the deadline.

JiffyMix88
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
october 27th
Oklahoma City traded guard James Harden to Houston for guard Kevin Martin, guard Jeremy Lamb, two first-round draft picks and a second-round draft pick. Waived guard Andy Rautins, center Daniel Orton and forward Hollis Thompson.

Yep , thats it there has only been ONE trade since the league started.

A few cut/waive things here and a bunch of NBld call ups/ Signingis there.

Nothing more.

Considering there are many teams that supposedly want to move some pieces.

Why in hell has nothing happened yet?

I mean, every year there are a number of small role plaeyrs moves during late november and december but we hvent had even that small trades .

Whats going on?

If you followed the NBA you would know nothing really happens until the week of the trade deadline and even then most of it happens on that Thursday of the trade deadline.

310Casper
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
It will pick up. After the January deadline I think a few more trades will go down.

The trade deadline is feb 21st.

What "deadline" are you referring to in January?

Hellcrooner
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
The trade deadline is feb 21st.

What "deadline" are you referring to in January?

j15th.

All the players available including those who signed/were traded to a new team in the summer.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
If you followed the NBA you would know nothing really happens until the week of the trade deadline and even then most of it happens on that Thursday of the trade deadline.

The big trades? normally yep.

But tehre are always some trades with role players during Nov and Dec.

and ive been watching since 85

Dade County
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I see Pat Riley making moves, he's not going to sit and wait.

sep11ie
01-10-2013, 02:08 PM

You're good for at least one of these per thread.

Chronz
01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
The NEW CBA making teams want to preserve their cap space.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
The NEW CBA making teams want to preserve their cap space.

That explain the Big moves part.

But does nothing for the Small moves one.

I mean like Moving an ebanks for a varnardo or whatever.

Or wolves moving Bareal or Ridnour ( since they got Rubio and Shved too) for a repalcemente role player sg SF or Pf since they are having problems there with injurys

Chronz
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
That explain the Big moves part.

But does nothing for the Small moves one.

I mean like Moving an ebanks for a varnardo or whatever.

Or wolves moving Bareal or Ridnour ( since they got Rubio and Shved too) for a repalcemente role player sg SF or Pf since they are having problems there with injurys

The tax is that punitive.

Nobody wants replacement level players with longer contracts, prolly because it would only slightly help their team.

shep33
01-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Jan 15th is when more dudes can get dealt

b@llhog24
01-10-2013, 03:31 PM
The Lockout is still affecting teams.

IndyRealist
01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Also, besides the Lakers, everyone is pretty much performing as expected this year if you account for injuries. The good teams are good, the bad teams are bad, and most teams with movable players think they have a shot to make noise in the playoffs.

LA4life24/8
01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
The new cba, but i really think its been boring because there are no head line deals rumored to go down, no superstars, the past few years has been melo and dwight and where theyll.end up lol

LOOTERX9
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
HOWARD Will be traded soon, be patient op

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2013, 04:01 PM

The only players people want on your team is lebron wade bosh and Allen. There won't be much movement. Maybe get a decent big man? That's what they need

JasonJohnHorn
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
There aren't usually a lot of trades until after team are allowed to trade their free agent signed in the offseason. This is not abnormal. And before the season started there were a couple big trades (Nash, Howard, Harden).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Because it's only January 10th...

Lakers Ghost
01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
many trades happen during the draft and during the offseason so, not many big trade will happen this year.