PDA

View Full Version : Clippers and Cavs discussed Varejao trade.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
I just read that the Clippers and Cavs were discussion a DJ+Bledsoe for Varejao swap. I think if Andy wasn't so injury prone it would be a fair deal. What do you guys think? I'd hate to let Bledsoe go but Andy is having a career year averaging 14 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.5 spg on great efficiency on both ends.

HUGE upgrade to DeAndre Jordan at this point. I wouldn't even mind that he's 30 if he didn't get injured every year.

"FYI: Solid source says Clips discussed trading Jordan 4 Varajeo B4 it was known he needs knee surgery. Cavs demanded Bledsoe as well."

- Peter Vecsey

LTBaByyy
01-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Varajao makes free throws, rebounds and scores way more and makes only 8 mil

That would have been perfect for Clippers

Cal827
01-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm curious to see what Cleveland would have done if they had made this deal for DJ and Bledsoe. They have their future PG and SG in Irving and Waiters, and Bledsoe has shown that he flashes that he could be a future starter. I would guess they would shop Bledsoe right after to see if they could get a Pick or a front court prospect to join them.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Varajao makes free throws, rebounds and scores way more and makes only 8 mil

That would have been perfect for Clippers

Perfect fit no doubt, especially because he doesn't need any touches and is dominant on the boards and defensively (what we want from DJ, but he rarely is). Problem is you might get 30-40 games a year out of him it seems and he's 30 now. So it's a bit of a risk.

jsthornton7
01-10-2013, 01:02 AM
I think that is a bad deal for the Clippers. DeAndre is Blake's best friend, don't over look the importance of that.

Bledsoe is the best back up PG in the league and will def. be starting (for another team) next season once CP3 re-signs.

Clippers are already playing great. Why **** things up?

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I think that is a bad deal for the Clippers. DeAndre is Blake's best friend, don't over look the importance of that.

Bledsoe is the best back up PG in the league and will def. be starting next season.

Vinny isn't smart enough to start Bledsoe. Bledsoe will eventually be traded for a SG or SF of the future.

jsthornton7
01-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Vinny isn't smart enough to start Bledsoe. Bledsoe will eventually be traded for a SG or SF of the future.

Thats what i meant. He will be traded once CP3 is re-signed.

b@llhog24
01-10-2013, 01:09 AM

Hope you're not implying that he should be starting over Cp3.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Hope you're not implying that he should be starting over Cp3.

He should be starting over horseshit Green...

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Bad deal for Clippers and Cavs.
Blake and DeAndre are really close and DeAndre's absence wouldn't help the Clippers at all chemistry wise. Not to mention his bad *** dunks get the team hyped up which also helps. As for Bledsoe, he's fantastic and I'd hate to see him to come off the bench for another team.

Trade machine says -4 wins for Cavs and no effect to Clippers.

kylem4711
01-10-2013, 01:15 AM
He should be starting over horseshit Green...

im fine with bledsoe coming off the bench. green sucks, but still spreads the floor much more than bledsoe.

plus green is only starting cause chauncey is out, so its not like it would be permanent anyways

LAKobeBryant
01-10-2013, 01:24 AM
I dont see this as a major upgrade from DeAndre. Why is the trade needed?

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 01:29 AM

I see more than double the rebounds, significantly better defense and 5 more ppg as a huge upgrade personally. Oh Varejao also averages 3.5 apg.

Cracka2HI!
01-10-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm DAMN sure glad this didn't happen. I'd be OK with DJ and Bledsoe if we were getting something great in exchange. Varejao is having a great season, but it's a career year on a horrible team. I would never trade youth for age like this either. I wouldn't even trade DJ straight up. What if Varejao turned back into the player LeBron had on a good team?

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 01:32 AM

No offense to DeAndre, but man you're joking.

PurpleJesus
01-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Isnt AV out like 4-6 weeks now?

richiesaurus310
01-10-2013, 01:53 AM
Im glad this didnt happen. I like our team, lets roll with it and see what happens.

Cracka2HI!
01-10-2013, 01:54 AM
I'd consider trading DJ and Bledsoe for Jefferson. I'd only be worried about Chemistry. On paper that would be an upgrade for us.

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Man CP3 with 16 assists tonight.

c.c.
01-10-2013, 02:17 AM
I don't like it, I think D. Jordan a better fit for the type of basketball the clippers play

shep33
01-10-2013, 02:22 AM
I think that would've been a terrible trade for the Clips. Andy is awesome, but he hasn't been healthy in a long time. Often injured.

Risky in other facets too. Didn't CP3 want to play with DJ, and isn't DJ the best friend to Blake on that team? On top of that, you have Bledsoe, who you absolutely don't trade until CP3 signs on the dotted line.

CP3 will likely stay, but you gotta play it safe

Arch Stanton
01-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Andy out 6-8 weeks. Certainly another freak injury not typically associated with chronic injury. That being said he's had a lot of "freak" injuries and its difficult not to label him as injury prone. If I were Grant I would take the deal of Jordan, Bledsoe for AV. Not sure why the Clips would want to trade with Cleveland. The last time they did, Cleveland ended up with Kyrie.

Avenged
01-10-2013, 02:34 AM
DJ for Varejao? Hell yes. Not a fan of DJ, and he just rubs me the wrong way so I'm biased..

Once you add Bledsoe in there though....... Ehh, no. Not sure why the Clippers would do this.. They are fine as is.

jsthornton7
01-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Andy out 6-8 weeks. Certainly another freak injury not typically associated with chronic injury. That being said he's had a lot of "freak" injuries and its difficult not to label him as injury prone. If I were Grant I would take the deal of Jordan, Bledsoe for AV. Not sure why the Clips would want to trade with Cleveland. The last time they did, Cleveland ended up with Kyrie.

And the Clippers ended up with CP3 lol

Kind of a win-win no matter what the Clippers did.

nycericanguy
01-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm DAMN sure glad this didn't happen. I'd be OK with DJ and Bledsoe if we were getting something great in exchange. Varejao is having a great season, but it's a career year on a horrible team. I would never trade youth for age like this either. I wouldn't even trade DJ straight up. What if Varejao turned back into the player LeBron had on a good team?

Well at the same time young teams don't win chips.

Not sure you can trust DJ or Bledsoe to make the right plays in big games.

And Andy was damn good on CLE with Lebron, not sure what you mean?

What if he goes back to being the 2nd best player on a 66 win team that made the finals?

Swashcuff
01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd consider trading DJ and Bledsoe for Jefferson. I'd only be worried about Chemistry. On paper that would be an upgrade for us.

And you'd be so much worse off defensively it isn't even funny. Bledsoe is the best defensive PG in the NBA and has more impact than any other 1 on that end of the floor and DJ is one of the best rime protectors around. Al Jeff would be a major downgrade for you guys defensively.

Kyben36
01-10-2013, 10:32 AM
I dont like this trade for either team. Anderson V doesnt fit the clippers style of run and gun IMO, and Deandre Jordon/eric Bledsoe while a good combo of players, is a bit much for them to give up, and raw at the same time, Bledso is a heck of a player, and Jordon is a good run and gun center who can get up and down the floor.

b@llhog24
01-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I like Varejao's production (kind of loathe him as a player though) but he's too injury prone for the Clippers to make this trade.

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
And you'd be so much worse off defensively it isn't even funny. Bledsoe is the best defensive PG in the NBA and has more impact than any other 1 on that end of the floor and DJ is one of the best rime protectors around. Al Jeff would be a major downgrade for you guys defensively.

Lol. Most would tell you that CP3 is the best defensive PG in a long time.
Getting teammates confused?

mbsalame123
01-10-2013, 11:32 AM
the deal looks good on paper however varejao doesnt fit in the clippers system. one thing that the clippers are good at is playing fast ball and throwing the oops to their big men. jordan and griffin fit so well together because they are athletic bigs who fit the offense. varejao would slow the team down and wouldnt give that energy that jordan gives, however rebounding and low post scoring are a must, but with the injury prone center, I would stick with deandre jordan.

Now the clippers are very deep in the backcourt and trading bledsoe would be okay, but bledsoe is amazing and if they keep him they can get something better for him or develop him into a 6th man.

Call this a blessing in disguise for the clippers that varejao is out for a couple months.

Dade County
01-10-2013, 11:34 AM

Bledsoe is the best back up PG in the league and will def. be starting (for another team) next season once CP3 re-signs.

How do you know he'll resign?... Did you see the script, or had a vision from Yahweh?

b@llhog24
01-10-2013, 11:36 AM

It's been Bledsoe this year bro. Dude's an animal on the defensive end.

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
It's been Bledsoe this year bro. Dude's an animal on the defensive end.

I know about Bledsoe bro, I think he's fantastic and deserves to start maybe on another team, but Chris Paul is just something else. His defense is impeccable. If Bledsoe gains more experience I guess maybe he could become was CP3 is, at least defensively.

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
How do you know he'll resign?... Did you see the script, or had a vision from Yahweh?

Common sense.
Why wouldn't you resign when you're team has the best record in the NBA?

Swashcuff
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Most wouldn't be looking at the impact that Bledsoe has hand on his team this season.

Bledsoe leads all PGs in damn near every credible defensive metric you can find. Look for it. Block per min, steals per min, blk%, stl%, DRAPM, etc The Clippers are better defensively with him on the floor than they are with CP3 this season. His pressure D is only matched by Avery Bradley and Tony Allen truth be told and I'm quite certain that most knowledgeable Clippers fans would attest to his defensive value.

He's been better than CP3 on D this season but when you only get 20 MPG or there about its tough to showcase your defensive value. Those who pay attention can see this however.

Arch Stanton
01-10-2013, 12:30 PM
And the Clippers ended up with CP3 lol

Kind of a win-win no matter what the Clippers did.

That has nothing to do with the trade.

mjt20mik
01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Isn't he out for 6-8 weeks?

Dade County
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Common sense.
Why wouldn't you resign when you're team has the best record in the NBA?

So you are assuming someone chairs the same logic as you...smh

Why do people do that, everyone is different, and you don't no what Cp3 is planning; he was traded their after all, and he acted professional about the entire thing.

Let me guess, if cp3 doesn't resign their, you would be one of the 1st posters to bash him in Cp3 hate threads...smh

and about the record qoute, I could have easily said, Lbj cough, cough ( Cp3 wants a ring man, and if the Clippers loss in the 2nd round again, you think Cp3 is going to be walking around town saying, I had the best record in the regular season... NO.

Chronz
01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I would rather keep our depth thank you. AV can be a game changer for any contender but we aren't the type of team that should compromise its future for the best chance to win now. DJ+Bledsoe are great pillars to have on a team that is already contending. I dont want to move either of them until I know what happens with CP3.

I think its hard for me to look past AV's past but if his new and improved jumper is here for the long run, then maybe he is a big upgrade on DJ. DJ has kind of disappointed after a hot start but I would rather keep him.

DJ should be enough for the Cavs, what do they need with a 30 year old?

Chronz
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM
DJ for Varejao? Hell yes. Not a fan of DJ, and he just rubs me the wrong way so I'm biased..

Once you add Bledsoe in there though....... Ehh, no. Not sure why the Clippers would do this.. They are fine as is.

Ive never heard that. Hes like one of the coolest players league wide.

farren.louis
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
The rockets need a Point Guard pls give us bledsoe

Shlumpledink
01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Good trade for the clips. Varejao can ball. He can defend, he can run the floor, he can finish, he an rebound, he can hit a jumper. Losing bledsoe sucks, but they can have chauncey play backup pg

LAKobeBryant
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
No offense to DeAndre, but man you're joking.

So you think Varejao stats are going to stay the same when hes on a contending team something similar to when LeBron was there. And DJ states are going to go up on a scrubbier team than clippers

And this isn't a one for one swap. Bledsoe is a top back up pg in the league and have the potential to start on a bad team.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM
I know about Bledsoe bro, I think he's fantastic and deserves to start maybe on another team, but Chris Paul is just something else. His defense is impeccable. If Bledsoe gains more experience I guess maybe he could become was CP3 is, at least defensively.

Bledsoe has the best defensive rating of any PG in the league, just ahead of CP3 and Rondo :). I think CP3 gets torched way more often than Gawdsoe.

Stunner
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
This would have been great for the Clippers , they need to shorten their Rotaion anyway come Playoff time with Billups and Hill getting healthy

Stunner
01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
I would do this as well with the Clippers getting sent a 1st http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9oekzj

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
So you are assuming someone chairs the same logic as you...smh

Why do people do that, everyone is different, and you don't no what Cp3 is planning; he was traded their after all, and he acted professional about the entire thing.

Let me guess, if cp3 doesn't resign their, you would be one of the 1st posters to bash him in Cp3 hate threads...smh

and about the record qoute, I could have easily said, Lbj cough, cough ( Cp3 wants a ring man, and if the Clippers loss in the 2nd round again, you think Cp3 is going to be walking around town saying, I had the best record in the regular season... NO.

Do you ever post anything logical? Lebron had an old, crappy squad around him for 7 years where his best sidekick was Mo Williams. If Lebron had Griffin and the loaded squad we have built for deep playoff runs he would have stayed. Not to mention Lebron put up with that for 7 years, CP3 comes to a lottery team first year and gets to 2nd round with 10 new players and no training camp.

Then this year the Clippers take a significant leap and have broken all the franchise records. He's got high upside young pieces around him and he's the one who picked the older vets. Why would he leave a team he handpicked and that is dominating? Stupid opinion on your end and completely illogical. So yes if he walked away from this situation his legacy would be hurt. Did you know just this week CP3, Grant Hill and many pthers called this team a once in a lifetime opportunity and probably the best chance they will ever have at a ring?

Stinkyoutsider
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
If I was the Clippers and wasn't worried about the long term, I would think about doing this deal. Varejao isn't as much of a liability as Jordan on offense, can make free throws, and has more experience. It's real tough for a playoff team to take a guy who's injury prone lately though.

Jordan would fit pretty well with the Cavs I think? He would add to the athletes they already have and the team is young and developing, so Jordan would have more time to concentrate on improving his quality instead of making playoff runs.

I think the trade not going thru was good for both teams. The Cavs can use Varejao's experience on a young team and the Clippers could use an intimidating shot blocker and top athlete like Jordan. Now, if Jordan could be more consistent guarding his man and make free throws, the Clippers will have no problem playing him in close games in the 4th quarter.

Dade County
01-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Do you ever post anything logical? Lebron had an old, crappy squad around him for 7 years where his best sidekick was Mo Williams. If Lebron had Griffin and the loaded squad we have built for deep playoff runs he would have stayed. Not to mention Lebron put up with that for 7 years, CP3 comes to a lottery team first year and gets to 2nd round with 10 new players and no training camp.

Then this year the Clippers take a significant leap and have broken all the franchise records. He's got high upside young pieces around him and he's the one who picked the older vets. Why would he leave a team he handpicked and that is dominating? Stupid opinion on your end and completely illogical. So yes if he walked away from this situation his legacy would be hurt. Did you know just this week CP3, Grant Hill and many pthers called this team a once in a lifetime opportunity and probably the best chance they will ever have at a ring?

1st...You are a fan of the Clippers, so of course you would write so passionately about this subject.

2nd... The Lbj comparison, was because the other poster tried to use regular season record as logic that a player is going to resign with the team he is currently on ( you tried doing the same ).

3rd... Cp3 legacy wouldn't get hit in anyway, if he decided to leave in free agency ( It would be solely the Clippers organization fault if they don't get anything for Cp3 ). From your statement, I can tell you would be one of these posters, that will just hate on Cp3, just because he left.

4th... Cp3 is saying all the right things that would make a Clippers fan believe he isn't going anywhere... I am just trying to point out the fact that you never know what someone else is thinking, and just because if he did sign with another team in the off season, that wouldn't make his decision illogical.

And you fans still haven't learn that these players are in control of their on lives, and they don't have to stay with a team, because you feel like ( WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THIS PERFECT SITUATION ):facepalm:

I hoped I cleared everything up.

EDIT**

And you are right about the talent on the Clippers roster, but you are also forgetting that Cp3 didn't ask the hornets to trade him there, all Cp3 did was tell the Clippers front office, he would not opt out, so the trade can get done.

And why wouldn't Cp3 try to make the team that he is on better, by telling the front office to get so and so player... He is trying to win right?

Clippersfan86
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
1st...You are a fan of the Clippers, so of course you would write so passionately about this subject.

2nd... The Lbj comparison, was because the other poster tried to use regular season record as logic that a player is going to resign with the team he is currently on ( you tried doing the same ).

3rd... Cp3 legacy wouldn't get hit in anyway, if he decided to leave in free agency ( It would be solely the Clippers organization fault if they don't get anything for Cp3 ). From your statement, I can tell you would be one of these posters, that will just hate on Cp3, just because he left.

4th... Cp3 is saying all the right things that would make a Clippers fan believe he isn't going anywhere... I am just trying to point out the fact that you never know what someone else is thinking, and just because if he did sign with another team in the off season, that wouldn't make his decision illogical.

And you fans still haven't learn that these players are in control of their on lives, and they don't have to stay with a team, because you feel like ( WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THIS PERFECT SITUATION ):facepalm:

EDIT**

And you are right about the talent on the Clippers roster, but you are also forgetting that Cp3 didn't ask the hornets to trade him there, all Cp3 did was tell the Clippers front office, he would not opt out, so the trade can get done.

And why wouldn't Cp3 try to make the team that he is on better, by telling the front office to get so and so player... He is trying to win right?

Actually the Clippers were on CP3's "wish list" before being traded so it's false to act like he had no say.

kylem4711
01-11-2013, 01:55 AM
I would do this as well with the Clippers getting sent a 1st http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9oekzj

:rolleyes:

Cracka2HI!
01-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Well at the same time young teams don't win chips.

Not sure you can trust DJ or Bledsoe to make the right plays in big games.

And Andy was damn good on CLE with Lebron, not sure what you mean?

What if he goes back to being the 2nd best player on a 66 win team that made the finals?Uhh, Ok. I don't think he was ever that good with LeBron. I could be wrong, but the most he played with LeBron was 28.5 min per. He wasn't an impact player. I doubt he was ever the 2nd best player with LeBron. He is having a great year, but it's his first great year. I guess I could have worded it better by saying, I think he's a good player having a great year. I would only trade DJ and Bledsoe for a great player or a player that might be the missing piece.

Hold on, I said I'd consider it. I know losing Bledsoe would make us worse on D. I don't know much about Jefferson defensively. DJ is good, but he's not great. He may become great some day, but honestly DJ's putting a lot of work in on his offense and I think his defense is suffering. Jefferson would be everything we are missing on offense...which ain't much. If we had a dominant inside scoring presence we would be set on offense. I agree that you have to factor in what it would do to the other side of the ball and more importantly to chemistry. I think my team is almost in a situation where they can't improve themselves by making a trade. If it were Jefferson for DJ straight up that would be tough for me to pass up though.

Cracka2HI!
01-11-2013, 02:31 AM

EDIT**

Can CP3 improve his position by changing teams? Do you think he wants to play for the best team possible? Do you think he wants to make the most money possible?

Odominator
01-11-2013, 02:47 AM
I dont get why the hell the clippers would want to trade DJ....DJ hustles, still has his athleticism and is Blakes close friend, even if it comes at the price of 10 mil/year....you dont eff with chemistry.

Cracka2HI!
01-11-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't want to trade DJ and I hope we don't. I am glad I'm not the guy that has to listen to offers for him and Bledsoe right now though.

SirSkyHook
01-11-2013, 03:09 AM
I love Pau to the max but i would trade him for DJ. The Clipper finally get a low post threat and We get another athletic giants.

Nash
Bryant
Clark
Howard
Dj

Im drinking but this looks like a beast starting five. Everyone gets dunked on

biglows27
01-11-2013, 03:39 AM
I love Pau to the max but i would trade him for DJ. The Clipper finally get a low post threat and We get another athletic giants.

Nash
Bryant
Clark
Howard
Dj

Im drinking but this looks like a beast starting five. Everyone gets dunked on

LOL IF PAU CANT RUN WITH THAT OLD LAKERS TEAM, THERES NO WAY HE CAN RUN WITH THE CLIPPERS...and clark is not that good...

SirSkyHook
01-11-2013, 03:47 AM
LOL IF PAU CANT RUN WITH THAT OLD LAKERS TEAM, THERES NO WAY HE CAN RUN WITH THE CLIPPERS...and clark is not that good...

Hey Hey Hey i can wish. But seriously come playoffs when the game is slowed down you guys have no post option. Also maybe your coach can use Pau how Showtime used Kareem.

Kareem would trot back everytime paceing himself. Magic would run with Worthy, Scott and others, when the break didnt work Kareem would get in position and they would run the offence through him.

Dont get me wrong i cant stand the Clippers as a Lakers fan, but Pau dosent fit the offence our doumb *** coach is trying to run and deserves a chance to excell with a contender. DJ would work wanders for us and like i said Pau would be perfect for you guys if used like Kareem.

Cracka2HI!
01-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Pau for DJ! LOL!!