PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love out 8 to 10 weeks

Stunner
01-09-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kevin-love-to-have-surgery-on-hand-out-810-weeks-765368.html bye bye playoffs

BALLER R
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Is it just me or is he forever injured.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
That sucks.... Damn..

DeyAce
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
injury prone just like rubio and derrick rose

sep11ie
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Love loves the DL.

Nomar
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Hooray for me drafting him, Verejao, Amare, Lowry, and every other perpetually injured player this year!

xxplayerxx23
01-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Hooray for me drafting him, Verejao, Amare, Lowry, and every other perpetually injured player this year!

Lol. I drafted dirk, amare and Gordan lol I feel your pain

heyman321
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Lol. I drafted dirk, amare and Gordan lol I feel your pain

I drafted Harden, Ibaka, Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, I don't feel your guys' pain :cool:

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
knew they wouldnt make the playoffs. they really need to stop getting top draft picks and start trading them for real talent.

CarmeloAnthony
01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Feel bad for the wolves fans out there, injuries pilling up seems like a regular thing for that team lol.

Hellcrooner
01-09-2013, 05:34 PM
A Wolves trade for Gasol is coming, wait and see.

Then he will probably get injured after two games (not dificult since he already is).

Hawkeye15
01-09-2013, 06:07 PM
knew they wouldnt make the playoffs. they really need to stop getting top draft picks and start trading them for real talent.

you called it that they would run away with most games missed by their players due to injury? You are in the wrong line of work then dude.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Feel bad for the wolves fans out there, injuries pilling up seems like a regular thing for that team lol.

we have played 31 games, and if you add up games missed on the roster, its 130 games missed due to injury, and we have Love out 8-10 more weeks, Budinger out another 10-12 weeks minimum. Its ridiculous dude.

Dnovakovic099
01-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I know I am going to get killed because of this, and honestly I am probably wrong, but to tell you the truth I think they are a better team without KLove. I think they focus more on Love getting his when he is in there and when he isn't they move the ball a lot better. Plus, these role players are playing way harder with him off the court so they can prove themselves. If I am not mistake, they have been better with Love off the court. With his constant *****ing, I would send him to the Bulls for Deng,Mirotic,Gibson, Bulls 1st, and Charlotte first. I feel like that is a solid trade, no? I am a Bulls fan, however.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I know I am going to get killed because of this, and honestly I am probably wrong, but to tell you the truth I think they are a better team without KLove. I think they focus more on Love getting his when he is in there and when he isn't they move the ball a lot better. Plus, these role players are playing way harder with him off the court so they can prove themselves. If I am not mistake, they have been better with Love off the court. With his constant *****ing, I would send him to the Bulls for Deng,Mirotic,Gibson, Bulls 1st, and Charlotte first. I feel like that is a solid trade, no? I am a Bulls fan, however.

Love didn't play well by his standards this season, but you don't trade a 24 year old all NBA player for a bunch of good role players and a pick.

The Wolves can survive a few games or quarters without Love, and could probably win 35 games this year without him, now that the roster is better balanced and has more talent. But you don't play better with your all NBA, all star, top 10 in the league player not playing, sorry.

So far, the Wolves have played 31 games. 130 games missed due to injury, with 25 more for Love and Bud coming, the rest of the season for Lee, and whatever Roy tacks on there. And now even Adelman may be out an extended period of time with personal issues. Does this season possibly get any worse for the Wolves?

Stunner
01-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Mirotic is going to be a stud :drool:

AddiX
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I know I'll be ripped as a hater for saying it, but they didn't look like a better team what so ever, with him.

Chronz
01-10-2013, 02:17 PM
I know I'll be ripped as a hater for saying it, but they didn't look like a better team what so ever, with him.

Why would you get ripped for stating a fact? The man has played through injuries, its hard for injured players to make their teams better. At least he didn't make them worse.

JerseyPalahniuk
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Love didn't play well by his standards this season, but you don't trade a 24 year old all NBA player for a bunch of good role players and a pick.

The Wolves can survive a few games or quarters without Love, and could probably win 35 games this year without him, now that the roster is better balanced and has more talent. But you don't play better with your all NBA, all star, top 10 in the league player not playing, sorry.

So far, the Wolves have played 31 games. 130 games missed due to injury, with 25 more for Love and Bud coming, the rest of the season for Lee, and whatever Roy tacks on there. And now even Adelman may be out an extended period of time with personal issues. Does this season possibly get any worse for the Wolves?

I feel your pain man. Read this:

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/5/9/3008894/its-official-nets-led-nba-in-injuries

The Nets led the NBA with 248 games missed to injury and illness this season, 30 games more than the second place Hornets and a whopping 11 times more than the Suns, whose players only missed 22 games. That's according to a spreadsheet created by the 76ers director of statistics. Of all games lost to injury by NBA teams this season, one in 13 was lost by the Nets.

The Nets, who lost games to personal reasons as well, were also tops in number of players to miss games, 16; season-ending injuries, six. No other team had more than 13 players miss games. The Nets and Hornets tied for the league lead in number of players who played for them during the season, 22, and different starting lineups, 25. The Nets lost 129 games to injury and illness in 82 games during 2010-11

Hawkeye15
01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
I feel your pain man. Read this:

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/5/9/3008894/its-official-nets-led-nba-in-injuries

damn. It just doesn't seem fair. Every year, there seems like there is a team where everything goes wrong. The Wolves may be that team this season, like the Nets were last year.

Tony_Starks
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I think Love rubbed a lot of people the wrong way this season. Starting off with crying about playing time on team usa. Then whining about his contract (that HE signed voluntarily) and throwing Rubio and the rest of his teammates under the bus. Then whole injury debacle all stemming from pushups? Pushups? Really?

And by and large when he has played it really didn't make a difference. It's Rubio that energizes the whole team. To me it seems like he has a problem with Rubio becomming more popular and really the face of the franchise......

AddiX
01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I think Love rubbed a lot of people the wrong way this season. Starting off with crying about playing time on team usa. Then whining about his contract (that HE signed voluntarily) and throwing Rubio and the rest of his teammates under the bus. Then whole injury debacle all stemming from pushups? Pushups? Really?

And by and large when he has played it really didn't make a difference. It's Rubio that energizes the whole team. To me it seems like he has a problem with Rubio becomming more popular and really the face of the franchise......

What did he say about Rubio? How the hell did I miss that?

Tony_Starks
01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
What did he say about Rubio? How the hell did I miss that?

He was talking about his own contract extension and how he was disappointed that he didn't get it because they don't see him as a franchise player and that basically with Rubio "they chose potential over a sure thing."

He later tried to clean it up but damage was done.....

AddiX
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
He was talking about his own contract extension and how he was disappointed that he didn't get it because they don't see him as a franchise player and that basically with Rubio "they chose potential over a sure thing."

He later tried to clean it up but damage was done.....

Minny was right, he's not a franchise player, but he's the best player they have and there going to get.

And love is also right, Rubio being considered a franchise player is a joke. Minny is putting far to much faith in that kid.

BullsFTW
01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
injury prone just like rubio and derrick rose

stfu...rose only got injured last year..he played mostly every game the previous years.

BullsFTW
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I still think a three-way trade between MIN/CHI/NO makes sense.

BULLS Get: Kevin Love & Brandon Roy
WOLVES Get: Eric Gordon, Taj Gibson, CHA Pick, CHI Pick
HORNETS Get: Luol Deng & Rip Hamilton

R. Johnson#3
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
That sucks

JordansBulls
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Trade him to Chicago already.

beasted86
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
bye bye playoffs

:confused:
The Wolves weren't on pace to make the playoffs.

topdog
01-16-2013, 12:30 AM
That Charlotte pick will take to long to actually arrive. The Chicago pick will be nothing special. Taj Gibson now will be overpaid on any number of teams (excluding Chicago). Eric Gordon is good, but not enough return for Love.

If I were to trade Love, I'd want a young player poised for a breakout or at least a high pick in the next draft. Isaiah Austin is intriguing as a sort of stretch 4/5 with length and shotblocking, but the Wolves also need some guard upgrades as well.