PDA

View Full Version : Best Bench Depth In NBA!

RyanStorm
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
This includes how vital the bench is to the teams success(and how little they are the reason for loss). Their overall production as a unit unto themselves. Which second unit could become starters this year(for their team). This also includes all 3rd stringers and what they have contributed.

The bench also includes every player not starting for the team right now. They should have a bench who normally comes out and dominates, and who are used for vital situations. Teams not included are teams who loss because of poor bench performance. I guess you could compare each player to how well they play compared to the guy they subbed for.

I would like to see some reasons included because I don't have any for mine, cause I accidentally erased all my paragraph for each of team, so I have a quick sentence for the west that sums it up quick.

This is just purely based off my speculations(meaning from what I have actually seen, not what I have read). I don't know enough about east to give any real analysis, I haven't even seen a couple of their teams play.

West:

1-Jazz (Every last player has been a major factor, bench = reason for wins)
2-Nuggets (Have a great 5 bench, like Jazz they really help them win games)
3-Rockets (Shorter rotations, very vital to success, helps keep starters pace)
4-Clippers (3 top men, but lack of a full set of great players not starting)
5-Warriors (Same as LAC, but w/o injury starters would become new bench)

Mentions: T-Wolves and Spurs

East:
1-Nets
2-Knicks
3-Heat
4-Celtics
5-Bucks

Mentions: Pacers and Bulls

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
How are Jazz number one if they're not even doing well this season?
Number 1 and 2 should be Clippers and Warriors. I'm a Warriors fan and I can surely tell you that most of the success is thanks to our bench. And everybody knows about that Clippers bench. The Clippers bench could start for a .500 team for **** sakes.

JNoel
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Clippers say hi, Jazz only have a few good players...

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Clippers in the WEST

Nets potentially in the EAST

king4day
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Suns bench should be there too. I believe we scored 2 points in the first half yesterday :)

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
People also forget Grant Hill is returning tonight or Saturday to boost the bench and Billups is coming back in two weeks. Clippers are already the top overall producing bench by a long shot when you look at both offense and defense and they are about to get even stronger. BTW OP you said they don't have a full bench lineup but why is that required? Not to mention they regularly blow out starting 5's and extend leads so that's not true. They took a 4 point lead vs Miami's starters and made it 22 before Miami knew what hit them for example.

JerseysFinest
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Definitely the Clippers in the West, with GS as a close second.

At full strength, I say Knicks in the East, with BKN as a close second.

lamzoka
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Clippers in the WEST

Nets potentially in the EAST

get the **** out of here.

RyanStorm
01-09-2013, 04:47 PM
I originally didn't intend them to be in any order, but I did shift Golden State and Clippers to the bottom, since I knew everyone already thinks they are good. I didn't think you had to be #1 to have a great bench.

If you base your bench off 2-3 great players, then yeah Warriors and Clippers take that by storm.

If you base your bench off everyone, and how equally they contribute, then I would say Nuggets and Jazz take the cake. Besides for Harden, Houston's bench do a great job replicating their starters work, which is also a trade mark of all these teams, especially Jazz and Rockets.

RyanStorm
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
People also forget Grant Hill is returning tonight or Saturday to boost the bench and Billups is coming back in two weeks. Clippers are already the top overall producing bench by a long shot when you look at both offense and defense and they are about to get even stronger. BTW OP you said they don't have a full bench lineup but why is that required? Not to mention they regularly blow out starting 5's and extend leads so that's not true. They took a 4 point lead vs Miami's starters and made it 22 before Miami knew what hit them for example.

In my paragraphs that I wrote, I had that LAC and GS would become #1 no questions asked, if their injured players were up and running.

uprightciti
01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Knicks and Clippers

NEXT

JerseysFinest
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
[/B]

get the **** out of here.

Care to elaborate more?

CarmeloAnthony
01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Clippers in the West
Knicks in the East

imo

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Look at just how much better the Clippers bench is defensively compared to every other team, it's a HUGE leap.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/13/7/diffeff/1-1

They are the 2nd best overall offensive bench right behind San Antonio.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/13/7/pts/1-1

Remember this is while being shorthanded still. Once Billups returns, Green goes to the bench and provides a small boost, Odom is only about 85 percent in shape and still should improve and Hill is coming back this week.

In other words.. this isn't really debatable. Right now and later the Clippers easily have the best bench. A better question is which teams are anywhere near the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Surprisingly in terms of numbers/averages... the Wizards and Bucks are the overall most productive benches in the east when offense and defense is combined, followed by the Knicks. I'd say in general though the Knicks have the best bench because when they get 100 percent healthy they are about as stacked as the Clippers.

b_russ
01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Best: Clippers
Worst: Blazers

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Spurs not an option... Interesting

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Spurs not an option... Interesting

2nd best bench not even added into poll, that's messed up. I didn't even notice he left them out :facepalm:.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Replace Rockets or Heat with Spurs man...

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Look at just how much better the Clippers bench is defensively compared to every other team, it's a HUGE leap.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/13/7/diffeff/1-1

They are the 2nd best overall offensive bench right behind San Antonio.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/13/7/pts/1-1

Remember this is while being shorthanded still. Once Billups returns, Green goes to the bench and provides a small boost, Odom is only about 85 percent in shape and still should improve and Hill is coming back this week.

In other words.. this isn't really debatable. Right now and later the Clippers easily have the best bench. A better question is which teams are anywhere near the Clippers.

Impressive #'s. SA's bench has been stellar, they've had a ton of games without Leonard/Jackson which really hurt the 2nd unit defensively. But I think by seasons end the #'s may be a bit closer on the defensive side at least.

Offensively, I'm surprised we're #1 still, but the way they share the ball (I think #1 in Assists) it makes sense. Manu is starting to play at a high level again, he struggled early on in the season.

Crawford is a nightmare to deal with lol Not even factoring the others. He's always been a nightmare where ever he goes. Just a tough dude to cover especially if he has it going.

Gators123
01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Pistons bench has been great since Charlie V, Daye, and Will Bynum have been in the rotation :laugh2:

Like two weeks ago they scored 85 points against Atlanta.

STA_PLAR
01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I like the Clippers first....then probably the Knicks...for some reason I like the Nets potential too. Blatche be beasting sometimes.

RyanStorm
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
I guess I should have been smarter, and made this about the best benches of teams who aren't #1 in their division, removing Knicks and Clippers from the limelight, and Spurs. Some people just can't move a nudge.

I guess my only guff is, Nuggets bench are probably just as good as their starters, and Jazz's bench is just as good as their starters. I mean Jazzes bench whooped Clippers bench in all categories in those back to backs to end the year, and they still get no love. Denver's bench has won them several games, and they still get no love.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Pistons bench has been great since Charlie V, Daye, and Will Bynum have been in the rotation :laugh2:

Like two weeks ago they scored 85 points against Atlanta.

Will Bynum has been beast recently.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 05:11 PM
The poll is bad.. Where are the Spurs?

and whoever voted for the Nets is either a homer or doesn't know basketball..

Super.
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Terry
Lee
Green
Sullinger
Wilcox/Collins

/thread

RyanStorm
01-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I like the Clippers first....then probably the Knicks...for some reason I like the Nets potential too. Blatche be beasting sometimes.

I personally thought Net's bench is the best. The Knicks have done great, but I have been making my case off what I have seen, and Knicks did poorly when Melo was out. Could any of your teams win if Curry, Melo Park or Chris Paul was out?

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Lol at people not even saying Spurs once. My top 3 are..

1. Clippers
2. Spurs
3. Knicks

nycericanguy
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Surprisingly in terms of numbers/averages... the Wizards and Bucks are the overall most productive benches in the east when offense and defense is combined, followed by the Knicks. I'd say in general though the Knicks have the best bench because when they get 100 percent healthy they are about as stacked as the Clippers.

Yep, NY & LAC benches when healthy are absurd.

Amare
Camby
Sheed
JR
Shump
Prigs
Novak
Copeland
White
Kurt

Billups
Crawford
Hill
Bledsoe
Turiaf
Odom
Barnes

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Lol at people not even saying Spurs once. My top 3 are..

1. Clippers
2. Spurs
3. Knicks

Looks about right.

Still can't believe Miami is an option on here but not the Spurs :laugh2:

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Nets have a good bench.

1. Clippers
2. Spurs
3. Knicks
4. Warriors
5. Nets

imo

ManRam
01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
San Antonio and LA Clippers have the two best IMO. LAC's is only gonna get better.

San Antonio's scores a league high 42 points a game, shoot a league high 48% and trail only LAC in terms of offensive efficiency.

Washington actually has an underrated bench...they almost out-produce the starters. (EDIT: Maybe not...they have such an inconsistent starting rotation).

I'd say Portland and LAL have the two worst. Miami's is definitely close to the bottom (only get 27.2 points a game on sub 44% shooting).

Ch0ZSeN1
01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
UNTIL proven otherwise, I would have to say the Heat (and I HATE the Heat) have to have a better bench than the Nets?

Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis and Mike Miller> the Nets bench.

Ch0ZSeN1
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Who on the Nets bench besides for Blatche (just because he has been playing so well this year) takes minutes away from anyone on the second unit of the Clippers/Spurs/Knicks/Heat and Celtics for that matter? Tornike Shengelia? Ill take Rasheed Wallace/ Ronny Turiuf/ Joel Anthony over Herpe Humphries.

Green_Monster
01-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I'd say Portland and LAL have the two worst. Miami's is definitely close to the bottom (only get 27.2 points a game on sub 44% shooting).

UNTIL proven otherwise, I would have to say the Heat (and I HATE the Heat) have to have a better bench than the Nets?

Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis and Mike Miller> the Nets bench.

Definitely not the Heat, look above.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 05:59 PM
The Nets bench scored 50 vs. the Kings the other day. Marsh is good. Blatche is good. Teletovic has been a pleasant surprise.

For all of you saying the Wizards bench is way underrated, the Wizards bench is ****.
They only seem good because they get a **** load of minutes.

Ill21
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Top 5

1. Clippers
2. Knicks
3. Spurs
4. Warriors
5. Nets

SugeKnight
01-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Warriors bench when healthy:
Jarrett Jack
Brandon Rush
Draymond Green / Richard Jefferson
Carl Landry
Festus Ezeli / Andris Beidrins

Bolded are rookies who are playing really well

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Top 5

1. Clippers
2. Knicks
3. Spurs
4. Warriors
5. Nets

Switch Knicks and Spurs.

RyanStorm
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
After going over numbers, and base that off my original thoughts(that were based off what I have seen over the last month or so).

Clippers out match the Spurs. Clippers easily out due every bench in the NBA in all categories, especially in points made. Its just the games I saw, Odom and some others were having terrible stretches, that didn't do that good for a couple games. Its obvious from watching both LAC and GS have bench players worth starting(but not all of them).

Would any of your teams be fine putting your 3rd stringers at start? Well Jazz are doing it tonight. This is the kind of depth I am talking about. I seriously doubt LAC(nvm they could), GS, NYK or SAS could play as good and win, if their star guard was injured. Jazz's best and only "good" PG option has been injured, yet a 2nd/3rd string PG took over and were fine.

I still think Denver is boss also, just the same with Utah. Efficiency for Jazz is really good, especially on Defense(it really looks good when you look at the versus's bench stats on average, cause your bench might do good against others but not versus Jazz, not even LAC).

To me Hayward is just as impressive Manu, and except for LAC, I wouldn't trade any bench players on Jazz with anyone else's bench.

JerseyPalahniuk
01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Who on the Nets bench besides for Blatche (just because he has been playing so well this year) takes minutes away from anyone on the second unit of the Clippers/Spurs/Knicks/Heat and Celtics for that matter? Tornike Shengelia? Ill take Rasheed Wallace/ Ronny Turiuf/ Joel Anthony over Herpe Humphries.

Do you know anything about the Nets. You chose the guy who plays the LEAST minutes on the entire roster as your argument.

Find me on guy on this forum who isn't a Net hater that will take Joel Anthony over Kris Humpries.

And easily the Clippers. Why? Read this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53320/killer-lineup-the-clips-tribe-called-bench
Offensive Rating: 102.9 points per 100 possessions
Defensive Rating: 87.2 points per 100 possessions

That article doesn't even mention Grant Hill or Chauncey Billups by the way.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Switch Knicks and Spurs.

Yup.. that would be my top 5 if he switches those.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Do you know anything about the Nets. You chose the guy who plays the LEAST minutes on the entire roster as your argument.

Find me on guy on this forum who isn't a Net hater that will take Joel Anthony over Kris Humpries.

And easily the Clippers. Why? Read this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53320/killer-lineup-the-clips-tribe-called-bench
Offensive Rating: 102.9 points per 100 possessions
Defensive Rating: 87.2 points per 100 possessions

That article doesn't even mention Grant Hill or Chauncey Billups by the way.

Yea it's informative. I posted this article in the "Are the Clippers legit contenders?" thread. Clippers bench unit is the best defensive unit in the NBA by a HUGE margin against the most commonly used lineups by teams. I mean allowing just 87 points per 100 possessions? That's 2004 Pistons numbers right there.

Like you mentioned... people aren't even factoring in Hill or Billups who will make the team noticeably better IMO.

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
After going over numbers, and base that off my original thoughts(that were based off what I have seen over the last month or so).

Clippers out match the Spurs. Clippers easily out due every bench in the NBA in all categories, especially in points made. Its just the games I saw, Odom and some others were having terrible stretches, that didn't do that good for a couple games. Its obvious from watching both LAC and GS have bench players worth starting(but not all of them).

Would any of your teams be fine putting your 3rd stringers at start? Well Jazz are doing it tonight. This is the kind of depth I am talking about. I seriously doubt LAC(nvm they could), GS, NYK or SAS could play as good and win, if their star guard was injured. Jazz's best and only "good" PG option has been injured, yet a 2nd/3rd string PG took over and were fine.

I still think Denver is boss also, just the same with Utah. Efficiency for Jazz is really good, especially on Defense(it really looks good when you look at the versus's bench stats on average, cause your bench might do good against others but not versus Jazz, not even LAC).

To me Hayward is just as impressive Manu, and except for LAC, I wouldn't trade any bench players on Jazz with anyone else's bench.

*Spurs bench averages more points than the Clippers do, and average more assists.

*The Spurs 2nd unit has done just fine on many occasions (when the stars rest) and their 3rd stringers gave the Heat a run for their money.

*The Spurs have plenty of depth at the guard spot (as do the Clips) regarding Utah's only "good" PG option being injured. (I think both teams would still be very competitive if CP3 or TP went out)

*Hayward is a good player, but he's not quite as impressive as Manu. Manu can not only score the ball, but he's the teams best play-maker/passer, a gritty defender, and makes others around him much better.

mrblisterdundee
01-09-2013, 07:53 PM
We recently watched the Spurs bench nearly beat the Heat. It's pretty obvious who's bench is the best.

1. Spurs
2. Clippers
3. Knicks
4. Nuggets
5. Warriors

Once New York gets healthy, I expect it to be near the top of this list.

Miltstar
01-09-2013, 07:56 PM
The Raptors actually have a nice deep bench when healthy, unfortunately their starting 5 is a big let down

metsfan99999
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
The Knicks and I don't think anyone other than the Clippers is even close.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 08:03 PM

Spurs bench is better than the Knicks.
Warriors are close.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 08:06 PM
We recently watched the Spurs bench nearly beat the Heat. It's pretty obvious who's bench is the best.

1. Spurs
2. Clippers
3. Knicks
4. Nuggets
5. Warriors

Once New York gets healthy, I expect it to be near the top of this list.

Clippers bench took a 3 or 4 point lead the starters had over Miami and made it 22 against the Heat's starters in about 3 minutes of play. Clippers starters sit the 4th quarter while the bench blows leads up all year long.

nyKnicks126
Lakers have a great bench with Howard and Gasol sitting there :rolleyes:

Clippersfan86

People are giving the Knicks the benefit of the doubt for when they are at 100 percent strength but they are the 6th ranked bench offense, 10th ranked bench defense so it's a joke to say "Knicks and nobody is close" :facepalm:.

Jumi
01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
*Spurs bench averages more points than the Clippers do, and average more assists.

*The Spurs 2nd unit has done just fine on many occasions (when the stars rest) and their 3rd stringers gave the Heat a run for their money.

*The Spurs have plenty of depth at the guard spot (as do the Clips) regarding Utah's only "good" PG option being injured. (I think both teams would still be very competitive if CP3 or TP went out)

*Hayward is a good player, but he's not quite as impressive as Manu. Manu can not only score the ball, but he's the teams best play-maker/passer, a gritty defender, and makes others around him much better.

When did that happen with DRob and how to I get that sig?? :clap:

lamzoka
01-09-2013, 08:24 PM
1- Clipps

2-knicks

3- the rest of the league

Monta is beast
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Warriors are going to have Jack (6th man of the year candidate), Green (Very solid bench player), Landry (6th man of the year candidate), and Ezeli (Great defensive player, and shot blocker). Once Bogut get's healthy, in my opinion the Warriors bench is by far the best in the league. We have two guys that could start on other teams coming off our bench.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Warriors are going to have Jack (6th man of the year candidate), Green (Very solid bench player), Landry (6th man of the year candidate), and Ezeli (Great defensive player, and shot blocker). Once Bogut get's healthy, in my opinion the Warriors bench is by far the best in the league. We have two guys that could start on other teams coming off our bench.

Not the best in the league. The Clippers' are unbelievable, the Knicks' are stacked, and the Spurs' almost beat the Heat w/o the big three.

metsfan99999
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
People are giving the Knicks the benefit of the doubt for when they are at 100 percent strength but they are the 6th ranked bench offense, 10th ranked bench defense so it's a joke to say "Knicks and nobody is close" :facepalm:.

They were the 6th best offensive bench and the 10th best defensive bench without Amare Stoudemire. He has been back for 4 games, which is hardly enough to substantially effect those rankings. It is absolutely absurd to talk about bench rankings and dismiss the Knicks when one of the keys to their bench has been hurt for virtually the entire season. So yes, I maintain my point. Its the Knicks, and at full strength it isn't even close except for maybe the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 08:54 PM
They were the 6th best offensive bench and the 10th best defensive bench without Amare Stoudemire. He has been back for 4 games, which is hardly enough to substantially effect those rankings. It is absolutely absurd to talk about bench rankings and dismiss the Knicks when one of the keys to their bench has been hurt for virtually the entire season. So yes, I maintain my point. Its the Knicks, and at full strength it isn't even close except for maybe the Clippers.

I'm not dismissing them because I have them as the 3rd best bench. Amare has been pretty atrocious and I predict he will return to the starting lineup soon enough. The Clippers are short Billups and Hill and the Spurs and Warriors have had injuries to their depth all year long. In other words the top 3 benches outside of NY have had injury problems as well and STILL have produced so that excuse isn't working for me.

We need to see how your injured players mesh before declaring them paper champs. We've seen the Spurs and Clippers bench absolutely dominate all year long. The only benches that consistently beat up teams starting 5's and not scrub teams either but good teams.

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 09:01 PM
When did that happen with DRob and how to I get that sig?? :clap:

That was from the 2000 all star game.

(The year after the Spurs won it all, and Phil said there should be an asterisks) So whether it was intentional or not remains to be known. But I like to think it was :)

I can send you the URL for the sig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFl1npGvSOk

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Nets have the best backup C in the league.

metsfan99999
01-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm not dismissing them because I have them as the 3rd best bench. Amare has been pretty atrocious and I predict he will return to the starting lineup soon enough. The Clippers are short Billups and Hill and the Spurs and Warriors have had injuries to their depth all year long. In other words the top 3 benches outside of NY have had injury problems as well and STILL have produced so that excuse isn't working for me.

We need to see how your injured players mesh before declaring them paper champs. We've seen the Spurs and Clippers bench absolutely dominate all year long. The only benches that consistently beat up teams starting 5's and not scrub teams either but good teams.

First you need to make up your mind. Either STAT has been atrocious or he should be a starter. He can't be both. That being said, I also think you're wrong on both counts. He's been ok, in limited time and it makes no sense to put him in the starting lineup. The Knicks were firing on all cylinders without him and Melo has been playing the best basketball of his career while starting at the 4. STAT makes a lot more sense as a super-sub. Anybody who has actually watched the Knicks knows this.

Comparing the loss of Billups and Hill to the loss of STAT alone, even if we completely disregard the losses of valuable pieces like Shumpert and Rasheed Wallace, is absurd as well. STAT, in what was universally considered the worst year of his career had put up 17 and 8, with a PER of around 18, and is usually above 20. I don't think anybody would argue that Billups or Hill are capable of that level of production at this point in their careers.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Actually Amare has been so pathetic the last two seasons that Billups is more valuable to the Clippers than him to the Knicks arguably. Not to mention the Knicks get worse with Amare on the court, Clippers get significantly better with Billups on the court.

Billups put up the same exact 17.7 PER 36 scoring average Amare did but with better efficiency numbers on offense and defense. Not to mention the intangibles Billups brings are infinitely better. Grant Hill had a down year last year but brings similar things to the table as Shumpert as a shutdown defender but he's even more versatile and even got a couple DPOY votes last year in a year where he was banged up.

Sheed has been a very admirable bench player but using him as some significant loss isn't logical.

Bottom line is as I said the Clippers, Spurs and Warriors bench has been short all year long, if not more than the Knicks bench so stop making excuses. I'll bet you anything sucky or not.. Knicks realize small ball doesn't work as the season goes on and are forced to move Melo back to 3 and Amare to 4. Therefor it's not smart to count Amare as if he's permanently on that bench.

justinnum1
01-09-2013, 09:19 PM
its the clippers and its not close. knicks bench is overrated.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
its the clippers and its not close. knicks bench is overrated.

lol.. I think you are an official Knicks hater right? Are you having a tough time when the Knicks kicked your Heats *** in the 90s? lol

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 09:35 PM
lol.. I think you are an official Knicks hater right? Are you having a tough time when the Knicks kicked your Heats *** in the 90s? lol

How is he hating? their bench is nothing great.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
How is he hating? their bench is nothing great.

He hates the Knicks on every post.

Swashcuff
01-09-2013, 11:40 PM
RyanStorm your homerism is extremely annoying, just tone it down dude e Jazz is no where near having the best Bench. It's the Clippers and Spurs at the top and everyone else after.

D-Leethal
01-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Prigioni-Smith-Novak-Amare-Sheed

but its prob the Clips.

Bledsoe-Billups-Jamal-Barnes-Scrodom

RealLiveBear
01-10-2013, 12:15 AM
22 Knick fans have voted so far..

kingsdelez24
01-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Celtics or Clippers... Give the Celtics some time to heat up

Swashcuff
01-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Clippers have 44 points so far tonight 22 has been scored by their bench

justinnum1
01-10-2013, 12:33 AM
22 Knick fans have voted so far..

lol true story

scaramantula
01-10-2013, 12:36 AM
no raptors? this list is fail... ;)

i mean at least put every team

FriedTofuz
01-10-2013, 12:36 AM
whos on the clippers benchj

Jint.
01-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Paper Clipps.. then NY

ChicagoFan4Eva
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
I would say the bulls but .. definitely the clippers.

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 12:59 AM

He's entitled to his opinion, calm yourself.
Besides he's right, the Knicks bench is nothing too special.
And I hate to tell you but nobody gives a **** about what happened in the past.
The Heat eliminated the Knicks 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs last year.

D-Leethal
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
He's entitled to his opinion, calm yourself.
Besides he's right, the Knicks bench is nothing too special.
And I hate to tell you but nobody gives a **** about what happened in the past.
The Heat eliminated the Knicks 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs last year.

JR Smith-Novak-Amare on the bench? Shump coming off it soon?

Nobody in the league, including the Clips has that much firepower on the bench. Not saying we have a better bench, but nobody has that type of firepower. Knicks are a top 3 bench right now and will only get better as we get healthier.

Rockice_8
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Typical Knicks fan calling out the Nets. The Nets have a very good bench, not the best but one of. Way to ignore the people voting for the Jazz and Bucks who don't even belong on this list..

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM

Nobody in the league, including the Clips has that much firepower on the bench. Not saying we have a better bench, but nobody has that type of firepower. Knicks are a top 3 bench right now and will only get better as we get healthier.

JR Smith is beast but Shumpert is gonna be rusty, Amare is rusty, and all Novak really does is shoot 3's. They're good but not much better than the Warriors' bench so I don't really see why people make such a gigantic deal about them. The only bench that really impresses me is the Clippers bench. Sometimes I feel like nobody on that team is bad but Willie Green.

kylem4711
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM

JR Smith is beast but Shumpert is gonna be rusty, Amare is rusty, and all Novak really does is shoot 3's. They're good but not much better than the Warriors' bench so I don't really see why people make such a gigantic deal about them. The only bench that really impresses me is the Clippers bench. Sometimes I feel like nobody on that team is bad but Willie Green.

caron sucks and so does trey thompkins.

TheNumber37
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
clippers easy.
Crawford, billups and Hill haven't been playing and odon is still fitting in.

The Knicks are there too because their still waiting on Shump, Sheed and Amare to be 100%

nycericanguy
01-10-2013, 01:35 PM

You're just pointing out all the negatives.

Yea Novak just shoots 3's, but he's the best in the NBA at it.

Amare won't be rusty for much longer, neither will Shump.

Then you add in Camby, Copeland, Sheed, Prigs... that's alot of depth.

Prigs
JR/Shump
Novak/Copeland
Amare/Sheed
Camby

that team can compete with alot of starting lineups.