PDA

View Full Version : Woj Source: Maloofs finalizing deal to sell Kings to Seattle led group (post 73)

Pages : [1] 2

Baller1
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
@206sportsguy: There is a rumor going around that the Maloofs sold the #Kings to #Seattle owners..... which would mean the #Sonics are coming back!

@206sportsguy: The fact that rumors like this are believable shows how close we (#Seattle) are to getting the #NBA back in town. #Sonics #BringEmBack

@BringBackSonics: It sounds like the Virginia Beach deal has fallen through. They were not able to come to an agreement. Good news for #Sonics fans!

@sonicsman: UNCONFIRMED reports saying Maloofs have sold #NBAKings to Seattle investor Chris Hansen. More 2 come!

@PaulNovakSSC: Rumors coming from @ArenaSeattle that the Maloofs have sold the Kings to Seattle. Could be what Mayor McGinn's press conference is about.

There's plenty more tweets. We'll probably know the truth by the morning.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-09-2013, 05:28 AM
I would lol if the sale went through and the Kings trade Cousins.

LakersIn5
01-09-2013, 05:29 AM
its nice that the sonics are coming back but sucks that the kings are gone.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 05:31 AM
I'd be willing to eat Big Bob's cockmeat sandwich if this is true.

Chronz
01-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Plz be true

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 05:33 AM
So the Maloofs actually found a buyer that paid 500M+? If true, I'm impressed, Joe, Gavin, and George.

Dade County
01-09-2013, 05:39 AM
ok good... send OKC back and give the kings to the care free people of Oklahoma.

Kings Faithful
01-09-2013, 05:41 AM
If this ends up being true what the Maloofs have done to Sacramento is worse than anything that happened in Seattle. How can anyone be for this.

Vincent33
01-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Man, first Seattle fans lose their team to OKC and now Seattle fans could get another team which is great, but from a place with great fans like Sacramento?

Seattle fans would have to feel somewhat conflicted by this. Same **** happening to Sacramento that happened to them.

Alayla
01-09-2013, 06:18 AM
That BS !! The Kings are my 2nd favorite team and i dont want to see them become the sonics (even tho i did want the sonics to come back) not like this :C

jsthornton7
01-09-2013, 06:26 AM
I would lol if the sale went through and the Kings trade Cousins.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if they cleaned house. Thats exactly what OKC did when they left Seattle.

abe_froman
01-09-2013, 06:30 AM
If this ends up being true what the Maloofs have done to Sacramento is worse than anything that happened in Seattle. How can anyone be for this.

no,it wouldnt be.this sucks,but what happened with them was unconscionable.

anyway,i dont want to see the kings leave sac...but if they are to go than i want it to be seattle

mjt20mik
01-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Happy for Seattle fans, sad for Kings fans. Didn't actually know they had the lowest attendance this year (about 13k).

NYYCowboys
01-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Wow. I'm very happy. I used to really like the Sonics as a kid. The league really isn't the same without them. I also really liked the Kings too though. So it's bittersweet.

asandhu23
01-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Wow. I'm very happy. I used to really like the Sonics as a kid. The league really isn't the same without them. I also really liked the Kings too though. So it's bittersweet.

It won't be the same without the Kings either.

asandhu23
01-09-2013, 06:54 AM
I wouldnt be surprised at all if they cleaned house. Thats exactly what OKC did when they left Seattle.

and Warriors when they switched ownerships.

NYYCowboys
01-09-2013, 06:57 AM
It won't be the same without the Kings either.

As much as that's true I feel like the Sonics are more of an NBA staple than the Kings. I live in NY and growing up so many of my friends, and I had a Shawn Kemp or Gary Payton jerseys and Seattle is on the other side of the country.

I admittedly also really liked the early 2000s Kings, and had a C-Webb jersey too, but I did really miss the Sonics.

Like I said it's a bittersweet feeling for me, and probably a lot of people.

KingPosey
01-09-2013, 07:03 AM
IM not saying it wont happen, but this is impossible right?

There would be no way to keep a deal quiet for so long with all the channels that would have to be notified, and also impossible to sell a team in 1 day.

And Im pretty sure there are also strict laws about a sale that big, and drawing up multple contracts for conflicting interests, IE Virginia Beach, and a Seattle based group.

It all sounds like no ****ing way for the moment.

The Maloofs are scumbags for what theyve done to us fans of Sac and the City. ABsolute scumbags.

mjt20mik
01-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Again, this is only a report. We'll find out tomorrow if this rumor is true.

mjt20mik
01-09-2013, 07:11 AM
IM not saying it wont happen, but this is impossible right?

There would be no way to keep a deal quiet for so long with all the channels that would have to be notified, and also impossible to sell a team in 1 day.

And Im pretty sure there are also strict laws about a sale that big, and drawing up multple contracts for conflicting interests, IE Virginia Beach, and a Seattle based group.

It all sounds like no ****ing way for the moment.

The Maloofs are scumbags for what theyve done to us fans of Sac and the City. ABsolute scumbags.

I wouldn't say that the deal went through, but a possible offer could have been proposed, in which the Seattle media feels is "too good" to be turned down. After the proposal, then all the legal aspects will be taken into consideration, and sorted out.

QueensG_718
01-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Seatle should of never lost their team...

asandhu23
01-09-2013, 07:27 AM
As much as that's true I feel like the Sonics are more of an NBA staple than the Kings. I live in NY and growing up so many of my friends, and I had a Shawn Kemp or Gary Payton jerseys and Seattle is on the other side of the country.

I admittedly also really liked the early 2000s Kings, and had a C-Webb jersey too, but I did really miss the Sonics.

Kings have been there for much longer.

KingPosey
01-09-2013, 07:28 AM
All of you thinki g Seattle deserves a team more than Sacramento are ****ing nuts. I'm not saying they don't deserve a team, but you guys just have no clue what's going on here, it's almost criminal.

KingPosey
01-09-2013, 07:29 AM

Tht first paragraph is bull ****.

asandhu23
01-09-2013, 07:30 AM
There is also this...

Virginia Beach, Va., officials suspended their pursuit of a pro team to be an anchor tenant for a proposed 18,500-seat arena. Multiple sources have said the team is the NBA Sacramento Kings. Seattle often has been mentioned in speculation about relocation for the Kings.

Virginia Beach, Va., officials Tuesday suspended their pursuit of a pro team to be an anchor tenant for a proposed 18,500-seat arena. Multiple sources have said the team is the NBA Sacramento Kings.

Virginia Beach Mayor Will Sessoms had set a deadline for sports-and-entertainment firm Comcast-Spectacor and a team to reach an arena deal to give him time to seek a $150 million subsidy from the Virginia legislature. The deadline passed.

"This just ain't gonna work at this point in time," Sessoms told The Sacramento Bee.

The Kings' status in Sacramento has been in limbo since the family that owns the team, the Maloofs, abandoned a tentative deal for a downtown arena last year. Seattle often has been mentioned in speculation about relocation for the Kings; the NBA deadline for petitioning for relocation is March 1.

Maloof family spokesman Eric Rose told The Sacramento Bee: "As we have said for nearly a year, we have been contacted by several cities and parties interested in the Sacramento Kings organization. The announcement today from Virginia Beach does not change our long-held position that we will not comment on rumors or speculation about the franchise."

http://seattletimes.com/html/nba/2020087537_kings09.html

Manimal
01-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Its not the same as what happened to the Sonics.

The Sonics got conned by an ownership group which held the city hostage and took their team as ransom.

The Kings are screwed over by their own ownership and the Seattle investors have been very clear that the only reason they are buying the team is to move it to Seattle.

Is what's happening to the Kings alright? No. But at least it doesn't feel like a robbery. The robbery of the Sonics was disgraceful and the biggest disgrace of the Stern era.

ESaady
01-09-2013, 07:32 AM
:(

Greedy22
01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
ok good... send OKC back and give the kings to the care free people of Oklahoma.
This.

ZebraCity916
01-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Its not the same as what happened to the Sonics.

The Sonics got conned by an ownership group which held the city hostage and took their team as ransom.

The Kings are screwed over by their own ownership and the Seattle investors have been very clear that the only reason they are buying the team is to move it to Seattle.

Is what's happening to the Kings alright? No. But at least it doesn't feel like a robbery. The robbery of the Sonics was disgraceful and the biggest disgrace of the Stern era.

What the **** are you talking about?? That's exactly what's going on in Sac.

flclfanman
01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
There's plenty more tweets. We'll probably know the truth by the morning.

So does this mean you're no longer a Thunder fan? :laugh2:

Manimal
01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
What the **** are you talking about?? That's exactly what's going on in Sac.

By their own owners who are scumbags no doubt.

In Seattle the team was bought under then pre-tense of keeping them in Seattle by con men Oklahoma who had no intention of ever keeping them in Seattle. (All this done by a friend/acquaintance of Stern)

In no way am I saying that Kings shouldn't keep their team. All I am saying is that anyone who says that Seattle people are hypocrites should STFU. They have been very clear from the start that they wanna buy a team to move it to Seattle.

Now put Seattle back in the Northwest division where they belong and get OKC the **** out of this division.

Weezy
Feel bad for kings fans.....

It's cool the sonics would be back but damn I think this was much worse situation for Sacramento than Seattle.

imbetterthanyou
If any of you actually took the time to read the history of arena dealings and the Maloofs in Sacramento youd realize how disgusting they are and how criminal this is. What they have done to us as Kings fans is the very definition of holding the city hostage and taking our team as ransom. Theyve tried to relocate more times than I can count, they torpedoed an arena deal in Sac that could not have been drawn up any better for them, and they have turned on the city of Sacramento and made everyone hate them. See George's tirade after the Maloofs announced they were backing out. Its an absolute disgrace. The attendance is down because Kings fans have been heartbroken so many times that they have just turned their back on the Maloofs. Trust me the losing is not the reason. The Maloofs make it impossible for the Kings to compete just so they can make it look like Sac isn't supporting the team. Then when they go to relocate or sell they can use the reason of lack of support. I hope this report is not true, and I do think its probably premature, but if it is true then I'm glad Sonics fans are happy that they stole their team from us just like OKC stole their team from SEA.

ZebraCity916
01-09-2013, 09:25 AM
By their own owners who are scumbags no doubt.

In Seattle the team was bought under then pre-tense of keeping them in Seattle by con men Oklahoma who had no intention of ever keeping them in Seattle. (All this done by a friend/acquaintance of Stern)

In no way am I saying that Kings shouldn't keep their team. All I am saying is that anyone who says that Seattle people are hypocrites should STFU. They have been very clear from the start that they wanna buy a team to move it to Seattle.

Now put Seattle back in the Northwest division where they belong and get OKC the **** out of this division.

Yeah, and the Maloof's have said time and time again that the team is not for sale and have said on countless occasions how they love Sac and want to keep the team here and not move.

Sonics owners screwed the fans and city of Seattle. Maloof's are screwing over the fans and city of Sac.

Samething. Neither is worse than the other.

Manimal
01-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah, and the Maloof's have said time and time again that the team is not for sale and have said on countless occasions how they love Sac and want to keep the team here and not move.

Sonics owners screwed the fans and city of Seattle. Maloof's are screwing over the fans and city of Sac.

Samething. Neither is worse than the other.

But the Seattle have never said that they will buy the team and keep it in Sacramento. They have always maintained that they want to buy a team to move it.

I repeat,

What happened to the Sonics and and is happening to the Kings now is horrible to the fans.

My point

OKC owners - scumbags
Maloofs - scumbags
Seattle investor - has been clear from the get go. Not a scumbag, atleast not yet.

SlimKid
01-09-2013, 10:28 AM
^^Who is blaming the Seattle investor? I think Kings fans are taking exception, rightfully so, to people claiming they aren't being screwed like Seattle originally was. Circumstances are different, but the lies by the owners are the same. I'd be super happy for Seattle if they got a team, they should still have one, but it still sucks that the Kings would lose their team. Definitely bittersweet.

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings throw Demarcus Cousins out on the trading block and really field offers for him. Clean house, move to an amazing football city in Seattle, and get those loyal fans loving basketball again

IndyRealist
01-09-2013, 11:18 AM
If any of you actually took the time to read the history of arena dealings and the Maloofs in Sacramento youd realize how disgusting they are and how criminal this is. What they have done to us as Kings fans is the very definition of holding the city hostage and taking our team as ransom. Theyve tried to relocate more times than I can count, they torpedoed an arena deal in Sac that could not have been drawn up any better for them, and they have turned on the city of Sacramento and made everyone hate them. See George's tirade after the Maloofs announced they were backing out. Its an absolute disgrace. The attendance is down because Kings fans have been heartbroken so many times that they have just turned their back on the Maloofs. Trust me the losing is not the reason. The Maloofs make it impossible for the Kings to compete just so they can make it look like Sac isn't supporting the team. Then when they go to relocate or sell they can use the reason of lack of support. I hope this report is not true, and I do think its probably premature, but if it is true then I'm glad Sonics fans are happy that they stole their team from us just like OKC stole their team from SEA. I get all of that. The Maloofs are scum. But how exactly did you think this would turn out? A serious, Sacramento based investor able to outbid Hansen, who's been putting together a deal with the city for years? The Maloofs suddenly realizing the error of their ways and signing a 99 year lease? This was not going to end well for Sacramento, no matter what.

Mr_Amaziing
01-09-2013, 11:32 AM

Baller :no:

Your Nasty lol

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I get all of that. The Maloofs are scum. But how exactly did you think this would turn out? A serious, Sacramento based investor able to outbid Hansen, who's been putting together a deal with the city for years? The Maloofs suddenly realizing the error of their ways and signing a 99 year lease? This was not going to end well for Sacramento, no matter what.

I was hoping Burkle (billionaire owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins) would have bought it as he was interested and wanted to keep the team in Sacramento.

imbetterthanyou
01-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I was hoping Burkle (billionaire owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins) would have bought it as he was interested and wanted to keep the team in Sacramento.

This.

Hellcrooner
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Ok, then please.

Send the personel to Seattle.

Recover the Sonics name and history.

Send the Kings name and history to NEW ORLEANS.
Sent the Hornets name and history to CHARLOTTE.

Make stupid bobcats name and history dissapear.

torocan
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
IF this rumor is true, I'm happy for Seattle. They deserve a team after the way they lost the Sonics.

However, I'm sad for the Kings. They never deserved an owner like the Maloofs.

Of all the cities that do NOT deserve to keep their franchise, the Kings is far from the worst offender. :(

gotoHcarolina52
01-09-2013, 12:11 PM
This really sucks, though I suppose it sucks just a little bit less than Seattle moving to Oklahoma City.

bigsams50
01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Ok, then please.

Send the personel to Seattle.

Recover the Sonics name and history.

Send the Kings name and history to NEW ORLEANS.
Sent the Hornets name and history to CHARLOTTE.

Make stupid bobcats name and history dissapear.

This, would actually be pretty awesome :clap:

cvietti23
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
So many bad words I wanna say right now, but I feel like them asterisks wouldn't do justice:(

Baller1
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Some of you guys need to watch SonicsGate if you think these two situations are the same.

Are they both sad and unfair? Yes. The same? No, no way.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 12:38 PM

How much is he worth? Balmer is worth 16Bil according to Forbes and he is in the group with Hansen.

Kind of surprised that this got out in the public NBA was really hush hush about Seattle even though we knew they were doomed.

2-ONE-5
01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Always loved Payton, Kemp and the Sonics glad to see them back.

JesusNYY_Savior
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Really glad to see Seattle have a team, Loved the sonics growing up will definitely be rooting for them

imbetterthanyou
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
FWIW,

I'm listening to Sacramento radio that says Kings officials and people outside the organization, as well as people from Seattle are saying that the Kings have not been sold to anyone. There is a press conference in Seattle that the mayor called but it is merely to discuss his intention to run for mayor for a 2nd term.

Long story short, the Kings are not going anywhere. Just yet.

deaner
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM

you threw this out just a bit too easily...

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
FWIW,

I'm listening to Sacramento radio that says Kings officials and people outside the organization, as well as people from Seattle are saying that the Kings have not been sold to anyone. There is a press conference in Seattle that the mayor called but it is merely to discuss his intention to run for mayor for a 2nd term.

Long story short, the Kings are not going anywhere. Just yet.

It could be true one of the OKC investors was fined for going public about moving the Sonics i don't think Stern wants this stuff out there.

drew_ellis_23
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Sad for Kings fans but seriously, the attendance has been going down for years, and the Malloofs want a new stadium. The team is going to move anyway so I am glad it is sold and coming to Seattle, and not Vegas or Virginia. California still has plenty of teams.

Swift Game
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
This is certainly dissappointing but Seattle does not have an NBA within an hours drive. Portland 3-4 HR drive.

I am sure the Warriors are not a huge distance away from Arco arena in Sacramento. It does suck if true but not all is lost having the Golden state Warriors down the road. Besides the warriors look a lot more promising than the kings do in the near future. This would be better than bringing the kings to Anaheim or Virginia Beach.

I wonder if the team would be considered for sale if they won a title in the earlty 2000's?

Mitch Richmond/Peja/Webber/Bibby/Vlade/bobby Jackson/olden polynice/Gerald Wallace/ Rahim/ spud Webb/ Kenny smith/ Dantoni 74-76..LOL/turkoglu/Archibald/ Oscar Robertson/ Marciulionis/ cousy/ tisdale/ theus/ bonzi/ artest/ brad Miller...

all time. kings.

LeperMessiah
01-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Should this go down, do you change the name?

Infamous916
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Heard the Maloofs used Virginia Beach as leverage to drive up the price of the Franchise.

If they do move, It's been a great 25 years.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Should this go down, do you change the name?

Whatever team moves to Seattle is going be to called the Sonics.

Infamous916
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Sad for Kings fans but seriously, the attendance has been going down for years, and the Malloofs want a new stadium. The team is going to move anyway so I am glad it is sold and coming to Seattle, and not Vegas or Virginia. California still has plenty of teams.
Seattle's fanbase did the same thing prior to them leaving, it's hard to support a team without any direction (Especially when ownership is incompitent or blatantly doesn't care).

obrpunk
01-09-2013, 01:33 PM
This is certainly dissappointing but Seattle does not have an NBA within an hours drive. Portland 3-4 HR drive.

I am sure the Warriors are not a huge distance away from Arco arena in Sacramento. It does suck if true but not all is lost having the Golden state Warriors down the road. Besides the warriors look a lot more promising than the kings do in the near future. This would be better than bringing the kings to Anaheim or Virginia Beach.

I wonder if the team would be considered for sale if they won a title in the earlty 2000's?

Mitch Richmond/Peja/Webber/Bibby/Vlade/bobby Jackson/olden polynice/Gerald Wallace/ Rahim/ spud Webb/ Kenny smith/ Dantoni 74-76..LOL/turkoglu/Archibald/ Oscar Robertson/ Marciulionis/ cousy/ tisdale/ theus/ bonzi/ artest/ brad Miller...

all time. kings.

I live 45 minutes north of Sacramento and know that many of the people who attend Kings games live around me or even further north (Chico area). If you live IN Sacramento it's not that big of a deal to go to a Warriors game, but once you get in the middle of freaking nowhere (where I live) it gets more difficult to make that drive to the Bay (and this is coming from a GSW fan first, Kings fan second). I go to 3-5 Kings games a season on average and one of those games is usually Kings/Warriors so I can catch my team without having to make the drive to Oakland. It will leave many NBA fans like me too far away from a team.

Like many people in my age range I was a Sonics fan growing up (just look at my avatar) and I thought the way Seattle lost their team was disgusting, so in that regard I'm happy Seattle will have a team again. However this is not the way I wanted to see it happen.

I also think the team would be for sale title or not. I don't think the Maloofs ever wanted to be here, but after falling *** backwards into a great team they knew they couldn't pull out of the city at that point. They did a lot right to put that team together but in all honesty I don't think I would have believed it at the time if you told me Webber, Vlade, Doug Chirstie etc. would be competing for a title(s).

king4day
01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2013/01/rumors_of_the_sacramento_kings_sold_to_seattle_chr is_hansen_sonics.php

Below is from one of the twitter quotes.

The rumors are that the Kings sale to Hansen group was done 9 days ago. Announcement will happen after Seahawks season is done. #Sonics

Jack Daniels
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
That BS !! The Kings are my 2nd favorite team and i dont want to see them become the sonics (even tho i did want the sonics to come back) not like this :C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avr7enrZuJQ

I can't say it any better than this video.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Seattle's fanbase did the same thing prior to them leaving, it's hard to support a team without any direction (Especially when ownership is incompitent or blatantly doesn't care).

Yeah man, it's unfortunate. I can empathize.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2013/01/rumors_of_the_sacramento_kings_sold_to_seattle_chr is_hansen_sonics.php

Below is from one of the twitter quotes.

:jumpy:

SouthSideRookie
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM

Same here. Sacramento like Seattle has some great fans, IIRC both have previously had consecutive sellout streaks along with a great homecourt. It's unfortunate if the Kings do end up moving but if it's to Seattle then at least it's to a city that is more than deserving in getting another NBA franchise.

Stinkyoutsider
01-09-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm happy for Seattle! Great fan base who deserve a team!

But I feel bad for the fans of the Kings. What happened to this franchise? I don't think we're quite removed from the Webber years. They were the most exciting team in the NBA to watch with Webber, Williams, and crew! I used to enjoy the passing, the fast breaks, their creativity.

I really hoped the NBA wouldn't relocate any teams and instead start a Sonics franchise there, but from what the NBA said during the last CBA negotiations, there was no fiscal way to create a new franchise. But the Kings? No disrespect, but what about the Hornets? Move them to Seattle and allow Jordan to rename the Bobcats the Hornets. All the teams we're used to would still be around then...

SACNYY
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
No!!!

Big Zo
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
The Maloofs' stupid accent, and name has had me wanting to punch them in their throat for years. Just saying...

Baller1
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
@MarinerMagic: As @alexSSN has been suggesting all night/morning, there is no other way to interpret these signals. The #Sonics are coming. It's imminent.

@alexSSN: No one's gonna comment, so nothing can be confirmed, but evidence is all over the place. Like an OJ crime scene. No acquittals here. #Sonics

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
:(

tapajafri
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM

the attendance has gone down because the team has freakin stunk for the last 6-7 years..... if they continue to be that bad for a few years, the fans in seattle will stop attending as well.

sure, the seattle fans will attend the first few years, even if they suck because its great to have a team again. the city will be re-energized. but after a few years of pathetic basketball, the fans will stop attending just like they did in sacramento. Sacramento had the best attendance in the NBA earlier in the 2000's when the team was really good, then went severely down hill when they started to suck. This is the case with most teams/cities.

And also, it's not a matter of the team "going to move anyway" and the maloofs want a new stadium because sacramento has done everything in its power to give them a new arena in downtown. It was a 100% done deal until the maloofs shot everyone in the back, including david stern, by not being able to pay a measly 3 million bucks to get the thing started. If the maloofs are really going to sell, there's a good chance they would sell it to someone like Ron Burkle who would keep the kings in sac. The arena plan is there, waiting to be built. However, if they do move, seattle fans are very deserving of a team..... but the problem is, so are Sacramento fans. The least deserving city of a team is OKC.

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
how much is he worth? Balmer is worth 16bil according to forbes and he is in the group with hansen.

Kind of surprised that this got out in the public nba was really hush hush about seattle even though we knew they were doomed.

3.1b

jsthornton7
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

gotoHcarolina52
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
WOW! :speechless:

jsthornton7
01-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I happy for Seattle. I did not like seeing the Sonics leave.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Problem is OKC gets to keep all the banners and retired jerseys right? So it would be a fresh start Sonics with no history.

NYKnicksAllDay
OH SNAP THE SONICS ARE BACK. I really feel badly for Kings fans though. It's a shame that expansion wasn't an option.

Gators123
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Wow. Was not expecting this to be true.

Gators123
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
As much as I hate the Kings, I don't think they should lose their team.

Gators123
01-09-2013, 02:45 PM

The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

gotoHcarolina52
01-09-2013, 02:45 PM
I believe the Sonics team history is shared between OKC and SEA, right?

Pistol_Pete
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
This is all interesting, but I feel like while the team being sold could be true, there's a lot of other hurdles in getting the team to Seattle. Wouldn't the NBA have to approve a move to Seattle?

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
My Sonics are back!

Do you people think this is as bad as what the Bennett group did though that lied about it? At least Hansen is being honest.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
I believe the Sonics team history is shared between OKC and SEA, right?

Nope. OKC keeps all of the history, records, retired jerseys etc... I believe. Which is wrong. I think they should fight HARD to get those, even pay OKC a shitload for the rights to all that.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Nope. OKC keeps all of the history, records, retired jerseys etc... I believe. Which is wrong. I think they should fight HARD to get those, even pay OKC a shitload for the rights to all that.

I think if Hansen wants to he can work out a deal with Clay but i don't know if he would it is shared history though so both Sonics and Thunder share it.

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy.

justinnum1
01-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Wow

king4day
01-09-2013, 02:58 PM

I'm pretty sure the Sonics had like 5 years to return to the league before OKC gets to keep the history. Not sure how many years it's been but I doubt it'll be a problem now in the event this all goes down.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-09-2013, 02:59 PM
The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.

Da new Jay-Z

Vinny642
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Basketball returns to Seattle, nice

Avenged
yeah! :clap:

imbetterthanyou
This is the worst.

Was always scared of today, but I never thought it would actually happen.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, please just make it officially official.

:jumpy: :jumpy:

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
King fans should just become GSW fans since the franchise turned their backs on you.

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
**** the Maloofs. Biggest POS family in the NBA. Don't know what's crazier, the fact that they actually got 500M for this franchise or the fact that they're actually committing to something.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Aw sucks for Kings fans but I've missed the Sonics as well. **** happens.

gotoHcarolina52
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
**** the Maloofs. Biggest POS family in the NBA. Don't know what's crazier, the fact that they actually got 500M for this franchise or the fact that they're actually committing to something.

Never thought I'd find an owner/ownership group worse than Jeffrey Loria. But the Maloofs just might be. Wow.

gatkins11
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Hate this for Kings fans.

Swift Game
01-09-2013, 03:07 PM
More jobs lost in California after this gets done. Seems like more jobs are falling than being created. The social security and federal taxes have also been raised.

Things getting tougher and tougher through out the country. Makes you have a perspective how much weight fans really have when it comes to losing their teams when owners only see money signs.

imbetterthanyou
01-09-2013, 03:08 PM
I hope not a single solitary person shows up to Arco for the rest of the season. I know this wont be the case and the arena will be flooded because Sac fans are the best. But the Maloofs don't deserve another penny from the people of Sacramento.

RipCity32
wow sorry to hear that Kings fans but congrats to the Sonic fans.They were just talking about it being official here in Detroit.

Baller1
Sorry to the fans of Sacramento though. ****** situation and feeling.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Wait so I can't say I am happy that the Seattle Sonics are back? lol

Good thing the Kings are gone.. That is my opinion.. kings4day. sorry.. :)

Swift Game
01-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I suppose the Maloofs needed to cash in since their Palms casino was not successful for them. I think I have heard they sold most of their stake in that casino and still have a small ownership piece of the pie.

Sounds sort of similar to this potential transaction.

tapajafri
I hope not a single solitary person shows up to Arco for the rest of the season. I know this wont be the case and the arena will be flooded because Sac fans are the best. But the Maloofs don't deserve another penny from the people of Sacramento.

I'm going to attend every game I can. The maloofs are going to get their 500M anyways so a few more bucks for some tickets won't mean a thing to them. I want to see the last basketball being played in Sacramento.

Grew up watching Mitch Richmond, Chris Webber, Jason Williams Vlade Divac, Mike Bibby, Peja Stojakovic, all the way to Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans. What I don't understand is there were clearly buyers who wanted to pay 500M and keep the Kings in Sac. How could the maloofs do this to the city and fans? So many childhoods and memories will be wiped out by the Maloof's selfish greed. Great for seattle, they deserve a team no doubt. I still call OKC Thunder the Seattle Supersonics and was very upset when they left Washington. But what the maloofs did to Sacramento was unbelievable. There were buyers that wanted to keep the team in SAC and maloofs would've gotten their money, so why sell to someone that would move them...

nyKnicks126
If I would get respect from Kings then I would be sorry for them but I refuse not too at this point.

gotoHcarolina52
01-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Well that ****ing sucks.

And now with the Rochester/Cincinnati/Kansas City-Omaha/Sacramento Kings team history passing to Seattle, the "new" Sonics can lay claim to 1 NBL (1946) and 1 NBA (1951) championship, but not to 1979 championship the original Sonics won. :pity:

king4day
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Wait so I can't say I am happy that the Seattle Sonics are back? lol

Good thing the Kings are gone.. That is my opinion.. kings4day. sorry.. :)

And I'm sure you would love it if people rubbed it in your face in the Knicks left New York.
There're better ways to express your opinion about it.

RipCity32
01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Will Seattle still have rights to the Sonics name?

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Well that ****ing sucks.

And now with the Rochester/Cincinnati/Kansas City-Omaha/Sacramento Kings team history passing to Seattle, the "new" Sonics can lay claim to 1 NBL (1946) and 1 NBA (1951) championship, but not to 1979 championship the original Sonics won. :pity:

Its actually shared History because we negotiated to keep the name and share the history don't know what would happen to the Kings history though.

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Never thought I'd find an owner/ownership group worse than Jeffrey Loria. But the Maloofs just might be. Wow.

They're just terrible people. They agreed to a Sacramento Arena deal. They stood at half court with the mayor Kevin Johnson, arms raised, and were celebrated by the city. Not long after, they backed out of it.

Just think about that... they went from (ALMOST) getting a new arena in Sac to keep the Kings here long term to selling the team and taking away the Kings from Sacramento.. in less than a year.

Gibby23
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
It's not all bad for Sacramento. With the Maloofs selling and Kings leaving town, this should make it eaiser to get an arena built and bring another team to Sac down the line.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Well I shouldn't use a small sample size of Kings fans on this board to determine my decision, which most are disrepectful, but every fanbase has some fans like that.. Overall I do feel sorry for the economic hit that will take place in Sacramento because of the move.. and for the few respectful and loyal fans that they have.. :)

Anway, Arco arena was a mess though.. That arena was like a half star arena..

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM
It's not all bad for Sacramento. With the Maloofs selling and Kings leaving town, this should make it eaiser to get an arena built and bring another team to Sac down the line.

Actually its kind of hard the only team besides the Kings who are close to having there lease up is the Bucks and they are owned by the Mayor i believe who has said he wants to keep them in Milwaukee.

This is why if Seattle wasn't able to get the Kings it would probably take 5 years to get a team.

Vinny642
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Why would the Hornets and Lakers complete a deal for Gordon, why the hell would the Hornets want crap and why would LA want Gordon?

Just saying

I couldnt reply in the actual thread so I said it here

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Why would the Hornets and Lakers complete a deal for Gordon, why the hell would the Hornets want crap and why would LA want Gordon?

Just saying

Wrong thread? lol.

DoMeFavors
So will they be the Seattle Kings, Seattle Sonics or another name?

Gibby23
Actually its kind of hard the only team besides the Kings who are close to having there lease up is the Bucks and they are owned by the Mayor i believe who has said he wants to keep them in Milwaukee.

This is why if Seattle wasn't able to get the Kings it would probably take 5 years to get a team.

Sacramento has 5 years. A new Arena will take 5 to 6 year to be approved and built.

PleaseBeNice
Numb

Avenged
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Just saying

:cricket:

GrandDaddyPurp
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
#GoDubs :)

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Numb

Oh it's the almighty one ;)

Baller1
01-09-2013, 03:27 PM

They'll be the Seattle Supersonics.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM

It better be the Super Sonics.. Those fans deserve it the most though.. Seeing the OKC Thunder playing so well probably makes them.. :puke:

Welcome back Seattle!

rocket
Happy for all the Seattle fans. I love their colors and will root for them!

Baller1
I just want this to be official. I'm so happy right now.

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
They'll be the Seattle Supersonics.

Congrats.. But when will this move be completed? Next season?

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Well the Seattle/OKC fued will be fun to watch. OKC will probably be booed so loud..

nyKnicks126
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Well the Seattle/OKC fued will be fun to watch. OKC will probably be booed so loud..

Well the owners of the OKC thunder should be booed and never show up in Seattle again..

torocan
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Wow. The Woj has spoken. :speechless:

Feel bad for Sacramento fans. The Maloofs have been crappy owners and they didn't deserve for it to end like this.

Grats to Seattle. They got screwed out of the NBA.

It's just a pity that of the teams they COULD Have gotten, there were many teams Other than the Kings that SHOULD have been taken first.

justinnum1
01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
I just want this to be official. I'm so happy right now.

congrats if it ends up happening.

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Atleast the Nets only moved a few miles away and I could still watch them on my TV.

numba1CHANGsta
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Seattle Sonics is much more attractable for free agents than Sac Town

king4day
Last time there was this much excitement, the Kings supposedly had a new deal. Then the Maloofs ruined it.
For Seattle fans, you should do your best to curb your excitement until it's a done deal. If it falls through, I can't imagine the new pain you'd feel.

Sadds The Gr8
Happy for Seattle but feel bad for the Kings fans. Their owners are ****ing **** suckers

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Does anyone disagree with this:

Sacramento has several buyers waiting in the wings. @NBA needs to give Sacramento an opportunity to match.

https://twitter.com/Aykis16/status/289092094449049600

GrandDaddyPurp
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Does anyone disagree with this:

https://twitter.com/Aykis16/status/289092094449049600

I'll pitch in whatever I got in my savings!

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Maybe they have and Hansen outbid them Hansen is already bidding 180M over the Kings franchise worth which is 330M also the Maloofs are going to have a small % of the team.

PleaseBeNice
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Ill contribute my whole bank account

tmacsc2
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Pretty stoked! Sorry about sac fans that's weak what the maloofs have done. Seattle as good as spot as any to have Sacramento go to tho. We are passionate fans and will be excited to have a new team!

Nomar
Poor ownership in the NBA ruins things for the fans. It's too bad for Sacramento fans because they lose a team. Now Seattle fans are going to root for a team ruined by a bad front office that was a also a team Seattle fans were definitely not inclined to root for at all prior to today.

Baller1
Congrats.. But when will this move be completed? Next season?

Yeah, Hansen's goal is to have the Sonics playing for the '13-'14 season.

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Ill contribute my whole bank account

Burkle probably doens't need financial help... he just needs a chance to match!

ccg34
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm so excited in having our team back! I feel bad for Sactown though. I really enjoyed their C Webb teams. I'm just glad they will relocate to another city that deserves an NBA team. I'm hoping Sacramento gets a team back. :(

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Yep they will play in the Key until the new Arena is built.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm nervous this is gonna fall through though. I don't know how to feel right now.

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm nervous this is gonna fall through though. I don't know how to feel right now.

If there's anyone that can **** over 2 cities in one day, it's the Maloof family.

PleaseBeNice
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
**** the maloofs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Ian.
01-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Man, this is so bittersweet.

On one hand, I'm so excited to be an NBA fan again but this is terrible for Sacramento. We've been in the exact situation and I know how it feels.

But at least Sacramento has another team close to root for. We had the Blazers in a completely different state. :laugh2:

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 03:57 PM
I am a seattle fan and have been missing the Seattle Sonics for years. I hate that this happened this way. No city deserves to lose a team. You guys are truly a class act group of fans. It sucks that this is the precedent that the NBA has set. I mourn the loss of your team. I am not gonna lie I am excite to get a team back. The way the Sonics left was horrible. Atleast you can rest assured knowing that your team is going to a great NBA city. Chris Hansen is not gonna lie about his intentions with the team. Its well known they are coming to Seattle. Clay Bennett bought the Sonics and falsly gave Seattle hope they would stay. We were lied and cheated by Clay Bennett, Howard Shultz and the City of Seattle. Atleast you know the truth and whats going to happen. It sucks and I am sorry this happens this way. I am sure you will get another team one day. From the Bottom of my heart. I am sorry.

ztilzer31
01-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't think that matters. If you root for a team the other teams in that state usually are big rivals.

I don't want Sac to lose their team, but Seattle has to get one. They have too much of a history.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Burkle probably doens't need financial help... he just needs a chance to match!

The Maloofs are terrible ownership group but don't you think they took Seattles offer to somebody else to try to match?

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I don't think that matters. If you root for a team the other teams in that state usually are big rivals.

I don't want Sac to lose their team, but Seattle has to get one. They have too much of a history.

Seattle does not get to retain the Sonics history. Its with the Thunder. We will be able to retain the name and colors. All trophies and banners are now Thunder property.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Seattle does not get to retain the Sonics history. Its with the Thunder. We will be able to retain the name and colors. All trophies and banners are now Thunder property.

You are wrong we retain all that stuff the Trophy is still here so we get the name and the history its just shared.

Sactown
01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/source-denies-rumor-of-sacramento-kings-coming-to-seattle-765306.html

Here's a story on it just being a rumor

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/source-denies-rumor-of-sacramento-kings-coming-to-seattle-765306.html

Here's a story on it just being a rumor

Thats old news there is legit sources reporting this now not the daughter of a agent.

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I have no idea what to do. I don't know that I can root for the Sonics.

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
You are wrong we retain all that stuff the Trophy is still here so we get the name and the history its just shared.

Do you really want to share this history? I say its ours. Not the Thunders. Either give it back or maybe its time to look at starting over. New name, New colors or honor the King fans and keep the King name and colors

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Do you really want to share this history? I say its ours. Not the Thunders. Either give it back or maybe its time to look at starting over. New name, New colors or honor the King fans and keep the King name and colors

Yes i do because i am not giving up Gary Payton or Shawn Kemps history so if it has to be shared so be it.

I just talked to @TheKevinCalabro who spoke with a very reliable source re: #Kings to Seattle - replied one word: "Done." #Sonics

https://twitter.com/JessamynESPN/status/289098996834762752

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Yes i do because i am not giving up Gary Payton or Shawn Kemps history so if it has to be shared so be it.

https://twitter.com/JessamynESPN/status/289098996834762752

Valid point. I would rather it just be our history and not the Thunders. I feel so bad for Sac fans.

Sactown
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/225501/Kings_Deny_Team_Sold_To_Seattle_Group

The Sacramento Kings denied a rumor that the team was close to being sold to a Seattle group planning to build an arena and lure a squad.

"That rumor is inaccurate," said a Kings official, who declined to be named.

"If we had something to announce, we'd announce it," Kings spokesperson Eric Rose added.

Via Jason Jones/Sacramento Bee

29$JerZ
01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
That is such a shame to the Kings fans. They shouldn't lose their team, it's another Seattle situation.

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/225501/Kings_Deny_Team_Sold_To_Seattle_Group

I hope to God it's true, but I've learned to not trust this organization (which actually works in our favor, too, potentially)

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I am a Kings fan from New Jersey.

Don't know how I am going to react to this.

I have no affiliation to Sacramento, so if anything, moving to Seattle will attract FAs and change up the direction of the team in a much needed way.

Having said that, I don't know if I can bring myself to root for the Sonics. It just feels like a whole new team. They won't be the Kings anymore. I am a Kings fan, not a Sonics fan. I have no affiliation with Sacramento, but the term "Kings" and the history of there franchise (specifically talking about the 2000-2004 squads) means a lot to me as a fan.

I have know idea what I am going to do. I love following the game, but I don't think I have a team to root for right now.

I don't feel robbed or anything like the other Kings fans that live in Sacramento, but I still don't know what to do from here as a basketball fan.

I'm in Limbo.

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM

I have no affiliation to Sacramento, so if anything, moving to Seattle will attract FAs and change up the direction of the team in a much needed way.

Having said that, I don't know if I can bring myself to root for the Sonics. It just feels like a whole new team. They won't be the Kings anymore.

I have know idea what I am going to do. I love following the game, but I don't think I have a team to root for right now.

I don't feel robbed or anything like the other Kings fans that live in Sacramento, but I still don't know what to do from here as a basketball fan.

I'm in Limbo.

become a nets fan they are right near you

DawgHawk29
Having said that, I don't know if I can bring myself to root for the Sonics.

Most Seattle fans cant root for the Thunder. Its understandable. It sucks that this is the precedent the NBA has set.

mgsports
I would send them to Tampa Bay or KC.

QUICKTRADE
i like the idea of having a team in seattle

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Having said that, I don't know if I can bring myself to root for the Sonics. It just feels like a whole new team. They won't be the Kings anymore.

I'm in Limbo.

I'm a Kings fan from Eastern PA and I feel the exact same way. I don't know how I could root for the Sonics. Switching favorite teams to one that already has its own history and fans just doesn't feel right. It's like switching to any of the other teams in the league.

I don't want to give up on basketball, but I don't think I can root for anybody.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 04:20 PM

That is also old that was out there before the Yahoo sports report.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
become a nets fan they are right near you

I hate the Nets lol. They annoy the **** out of me.

I'd be more likely to become a Knicks fan, but it would still feel forced.

My options are the following:

1) Become a Knicks fan (I do have plans to move into Manhattan in the near future).

2) Continue to follow the Kings/Sonics.

3) Pick a random team out of a hat and just go with it. (For some reason this just feels right lol).

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Most Seattle fans cant root for the Thunder. Its understandable. It sucks that this is the precedent the NBA has set.

Yeah. For me it has nothing to do with the city. Its a Kings vs. Sonics issue.

I am a Kings fan...not a Sonics fan. It just feels weird.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I am not a fan of most of the players on the Kings right now. I think Tyreke and Cousins are highly overrated, and am not a huge fan of them. I root for them purely because they are wearing Kings uniforms. I don't actually like these particular players. The only players on the team I currently enjoy watching are Isiah Thomas, Marcus Thornton, and Jimmer. The rest I really don't love too much.

If I don't love them as Kings, why would I root for them as Sonics? Lol.

jrm2054
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Bad for king fans good for Seattle they deserve a team

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah. For me it has nothing to do with the city. Its a Kings vs. Sonics issue.

I am a Kings fan...not a Sonics fan. It just feels weird.

exactly

ElFuturoDeESPN
01-09-2013, 04:25 PM

Better get to work on renovating the **** outta Key Arena, then!

29$JerZ
01-09-2013, 04:25 PM

1) Become a Knicks fan (I do have plans to move into Manhattan in the near future).

3) Pick a random team out of a hat and just go with it. (For some reason this just feels right lol).

Stick with the Kings/Sonics.
It's a lot easier to deal with than trying to build a new respect with a new team, at least the Sonics will have all the Kings players on them.

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Dude just buy NBA 2k13, hold down the right or left trigger when choosing a team to play with Online.....count to five, close your eyes, then open it. That's YOUR TEAM for the REST OF YOUR LIFE :D

sacgiants1213
Folks, it's not done.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/sources-sacramento-kings-to-seattle-not-a-done-deal-just-yet/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nomar
College basketball is miles better than the NBA, even with the corrupt NCAA control.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Stick with the Kings/Sonics.
It's a lot easier to deal with than trying to build a new respect with a new team, at least the Sonics will have all the Kings players on them.

I don't really like most of our players outside of a few.

sacgiants1213
From the mayor himself:

Bottom line Sacramento: it's not over... #keepthefaith #playingtowin

https://twitter.com/KJ_MayorJohnson/status/289105318452023296

Gibby23
College basketball is miles better than the NBA, even with the corrupt NCAA control.

College basketball is only good in March. The comp sucks, talent leaves early and coaches cover that up by playing a slow boring brand of basketball. The good teams in college play fast and there are not that many.

DrDre94
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Dude just buy NBA 2k13, hold down the right or left trigger when choosing a team to play with Online.....count to five, close your eyes, then open it. That's YOUR TEAM for the REST OF YOUR LIFE :D

Or just click left trigger and right trigger at the same time and it will randomly generate a team. :)

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM

Lol...I may do that if this deal is legit.

If it lands on the Kings...then I know its my destiny to be a Sonics fan.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Or just click left trigger and right trigger at the same time and it will randomly generate a team. :)

This is true.

Switch
01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Kings can't even fill an arena anymore. What did they expect?

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 04:31 PM

Hahaha touche

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Folks, it's not done.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/sources-sacramento-kings-to-seattle-not-a-done-deal-just-yet/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sounds like Balmer is prepared to break the bank from reading that last part wonder how far he will go.

Swift Game
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Demarcus Cousins twitter: WOW.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 04:33 PM

Only in March.

The_Jamal
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
The Maloofs are all about pure profit. If they get more money by keeping the team in Sac, they'll stay here.

It's time for the Sacramento buyers to step up

JNoel
01-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Ugh, just sell the team already. Seattle needs a team back.

DR_1
01-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Can someone help explain the difference between this and the Thunder situation? I'm a bit confused.

Kings Faithful
01-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Kings can't even fill an arena anymore. What did they expect?

Your an idiot dude. The Kings had one of the longest sell out streaks in NBA history, even with losing seasons. The attendance only started dwindling down when the crooked Maloofs intentions became clear that they were trying **** every single Sacramento Kings fan. Its hard for any fanbase to support the team after what they've done.

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I would say its over. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/slickintern/Capture-4_zps1a5bf81b.png

PleaseBeNice
01-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Indeed, sources close to the situation told PBT that there are still many hurdles for this deal to overcome, and that Sacramento still has willing, reputable buyers ready to meet or beat Hansen’s offer in order to keep the franchise in town.
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/1/9/3856262/bruski-kings-to-seattle-not-a-done-deal-yet

KingPosey
01-09-2013, 04:40 PM
This is killing me inside lol

DawgHawk29
Can someone help explain the difference between this and the Thunder situation? I'm a bit confused.
Clay Bennett bought the Thunder. Lied to Seattle about keeping the team in Seattle. watch www.sonicsgate.org Seattle was lied to by Bennett, Shultz and the City. The kings Situation is different because its not secret the kings are going to Seattle. No lies nothing shady, a purchase and relocation.

ThaDubs

Well when the Sonics moved to OKC they kept all the banners and retired jerseys but I'm pretty sure if the Kings become the Sonics they start everything over.

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Well when the Sonics moved to OKC they kept all the banners and retired jerseys but I'm pretty sure if the Kings become the Sonics they start everything over.

I am pretty sure the ownership will leave the name, colors and history with Sacramento.

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Clay Bennett bought the Thunder. Lied to Seattle about keeping the team in Seattle. watch www.sonicsgate.org Seattle was lied to by Bennett, Shultz and the City. The kings Situation is different because its not secret the kings are going to Seattle. No lies nothing shady, a purchase and relocation.

The Maloofs lied to Sacramento about keeping the team in Sacramento.

abe_froman
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM
watch sonicsgate

PleaseBeNice
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM

Wrong. Have you not been following what has been going on? Kings to anaheim - maloofs lied about it and couldnt pull through. kings get arena deal - maloofs agreed to it, raised arms with KJ at center court during a game and celebrated, and gavin maloof cried tears of what we thought were joy, then the maloofs backed out and lied. kings to VB - maloofs lied saying they are not looking at VB. now this. maloofs ouldnt get VB deal so they are trying to sell to seattle group. none of that is shady? seriously the maloofs are just tying to kill us SAC fans by getting rid of the franchise. their are local reputable buyers lined up to meet or exceed hanses offer to keep the team in sac

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
No doubt about it that the kings have fail owners. I really feel for the fans. It sucks this happened this way, but it was just a matter of time.

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 04:46 PM

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zR13wVJi6hpF.tKBS1OKTA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Sacramento-Mayor-Kevin-Johnson-center-celebrates-with-Kings-owners-Joe-Maloof-left-and-Gavin-Maloof.-Getty-Images.jpg

:pity:

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Wrong. Have you not been following what has been going on? Kings to anaheim - maloofs lied about it and couldnt pull through. kings get arena deal - maloofs agreed to it, raised arms with KJ at center court during a game and celebrated, and gavin maloof cried tears of what we thought were joy, then the maloofs backed out and lied. kings to VB - maloofs lied saying they are not looking at VB. now this. maloofs ouldnt get VB deal so they are trying to sell to seattle group. none of that is shady? seriously the maloofs are just tying to kill us SAC fans by getting rid of the franchise. their are local reputable buyers lined up to meet or exceed hanses offer to keep the team in sac

I was talking about the Seattle Investment groups motives.

drew_ellis_23
01-09-2013, 04:47 PM

They have owned that team for a long time and have been trying to move it for like 4 years now cause they are not making any money, and you guys have ****** attendance. Bennett bought the Sonics and said he was keeping the team in Seattle and he didn't even have the team a year and they were gone. I fail to see how this is the same. Maloofs want to move the team to Vegas or Virginia. Deals have fallen through, so they will sell the team to a group that will move the team. Stern knows he ****ed up and will make sure this happens. He wants a team in Seattle before he retires.

JLynn943
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
They have owned that team for a long time and have been trying to move it for like 4 years now cause they are not making any money, and you guys have ****** attendance. Bennett bought the Sonics and said he was keeping the team in Seattle and he didn't even have the team a year and they were gone. I fail to see how this is the same. Maloofs want to move the team to Vegas or Virginia. Deals have fallen through, so they will sell the team to a group that will move the team. Stern knows he ****ed up and will make sure this happens. He wants a team in Seattle before he retires.

Attendence is only down because of the Maloofs sabotaging this team and making it clear they want out

Baller1
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Seattle was back stabbed by the Seattle Legislature, prior ownership (Schultz), new ownership (Bennett), and just about everyone involved.

Seriously, go watch the link in my sig. It's on YouTube as well. Watch it.

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
you guys have ****** attendance.

Easy man, they just lost their team. Remember how we felt when we lost the sonics. try to remain classy. Our attendance was poor too and we had a owner who drove the team into the ground before he moved it. I feel for Sac fans.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Attendence is only down because of the Maloofs sabotaging this team and making it clear they want out

Yeah, that I can fully understand. Same thing happened to Seattle.

Bennett and co. wouldn't let players be interviewed after games in hopes of having Seattle fans lose connection to the players/team. It's a travesty.

imbetterthanyou
Seattle was back stabbed by the Seattle Legislature, prior ownership (Schultz), new ownership (Bennett), and just about everyone involved.

Seriously, go watch the link in my sig. It's on YouTube as well. Watch it.

Theyre both horrific situations. Go watch "Small Market, Big Heart" then.

Baller1
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zR13wVJi6hpF.tKBS1OKTA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Sacramento-Mayor-Kevin-Johnson-center-celebrates-with-Kings-owners-Joe-Maloof-left-and-Gavin-Maloof.-Getty-Images.jpg

:pity:

That's so pathetic. Damn...

Baller1
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Theyre both horrific situations. Go watch "Small Market, Big Heart" then.

Is it a documentary on the Sacramento Kings situation?

imbetterthanyou
01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Is it a documentary on the Sacramento Kings situation?

Yessir. It was made I think under a year ago so you wont even get the full scope of Maloofian ****ery but youll get enough

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
It really isn't necessary to argue which city was ****ed over more than the other. Simply put, Seattle and Sacramento deserve/d better.

Baller1
Yessir. It was made I think under a year ago so you wont even get the full scope of Maloofian ****ery but youll get enough

I wasn't even aware this was out. I'll try to get some time to check it out, thanks.

drew_ellis_23
Easy man, they just lost their team. Remember how we felt when we lost the sonics. try to remain classy. Our attendance was poor too and we had a owner who drove the team into the ground before he moved it. I feel for Sac fans.

You still have to support your team. We lost the Sonics for the same reason. You stop paying to watch for what ever reason and that just makes it easier for Stern to do his thing. Trust me after watching the Thunder in the finals last year I am pretty much desensitized to this ****. Teams move far to often in the NBA. It is ridiculous. I feel bad for the Kings fans but this has been in the works since the year after the Sonics left. Why did Charlotte get a team back so quickly? Hornets should have never moved. NO. should have just got a expansion team back then. This whole thing is a joke but I am glad to have a team back in Seattle.

GrandDaddyPurp
It really isn't necessary to argue which city was ****ed over more than the other. Simply put, Seattle and Sacramento deserve/d better.

this

Baller1
01-09-2013, 04:54 PM

True.

Knowing how pathetic the NBA is though, you guys still have hope at least. This could all blow over and Seattle could get ****ed once again.

Rosh
Wonder if they'll be the Sonics or the Kings. Or something new.

DumDum
It's going happen

drew_ellis_23

Will have to check this out myself too.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Wonder if they'll be the Sonics or the Kings. Or something new.

They'd be the Sonics if moved to Seattle. Same name, colors, logo, etc.

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
both stories suck. Educate yourself and watch them please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5rkOb7dzc

http://www.youtube.com/sonicsgate/

KingPosey
01-09-2013, 05:00 PM

You understand we had pretty much a sellout attendance record from the mid 80s with those **** teams, up until the strike year, which was when we be and good right? The. It lasted again until 05 or 06 which is directly when the Maloofs drive a wedge between the fanbase and team and purposefully started putting out slop. Don't act like you know stuff when you don't.

Chucky Woods
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Unbelievable what the Maloofs are doin to Sacramento.
I feel sorry for their fans.

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute.

https://twitter.com/largesteven/status/289114996573626369

/Maloofed.

Gators123
01-09-2013, 05:09 PM
https://twitter.com/largesteven/status/289114996573626369

/Maloofed.

:laugh2: This is crazy.

nyKnicks126
Why can't they just add Seattle back and keep the Kings? It's a win win...I know there will be an odd number of teams but still..

sacgiants1213
:laugh2: This is crazy.

It's been said.. you cannot trust these crooks.

imbetterthanyou
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Why do you think Sacramento loves the Maloofs so much????

DR_1
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Why are the Maloofs so intent on moving the Kings if there are so many in-city buyers who might be willing to give them what they want? Seattle would be cool, because of their history, but it cam after failed attempts to sell to Anahiem and Virginia Beach. Maloofs must have a huge grudge against Sacramento, but I can't see why they would have a grudge...

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Why are the Maloofs so intent on moving the Kings if there are so many in-city buyers who might be willing to give them what they want? Seattle would be cool, because of their history, but it cam after failed attempts to sell to Anahiem and Virginia Beach. Maloofs must have a huge grudge against Sacramento, but I can't see why they would have a grudge...

Probably too ashamed to keep the team here.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I guess all we can do is sit back and watch Sports radio here has said they have been calling people telling them that the deal is done but i am going to wait for legit sources.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
What we r hearing from a source: Deal moving along nicely but not done. No pending announcement. Hope to have deal done by end of month

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/289118075058528256

imbetterthanyou

I don't think Gavin & Joe hate Sacramento, but George does. and I also know that Gavin & Joe dont have the balls to stand up to George.

abe_froman

because it was there dream to own an nba team,they vowed that after the rockets were taken from the family that if they got to own a team again they'd never let it go.why do they want o move so badly then? they think he grass will be greener,they're trying to get huge kickbacks that sac cant/wont give them

DR_1
Oh come on Maloofs. Since you screwed one city at least help Seattle on your way out. :(

sacgiants1213
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
I mentioned a few pages back that the Maloofs have the ability to **** over 2 cities in one day. Seattle fans are getting their first look at how the Maloofs operate.

GrandDaddyPurp
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
I just heard the deal fell through! LOL

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Don't know if anyone saw my last tweet but the Maloofs and Hansen group are still talking hoping to get deal at the end of the month.

Probably just trying to get as much as they can out of Balmer unless a better deal comes from Sacramento Maloofs have the leverage since there really the only team going to become available on the market.

LakersA's49ers
01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
wow. just think like 10 years when the kongs had webber, christie, turkoglu, bibby, and all those guys.....now that franchise is gone. that's just so crazy!

stipe1280
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
I went to school up in Seattle and always have thought they have some of the best fans in the country (Seahawks and Sounders too). Glad to see them get their NBA team back.

TheNumber37
01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Great. I feel sorry for Sacramento, though Cali has enough teams.

Still, I hope the Kings can keep their jerseys, I actually like them. They remind me of the Webber days.

CityofTreez
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah. You know you're dealing with the Maloofs when something like this happens.

We thought we had an arena deal....rejected.
We thought we'd never see them again...rejected

Square 1 all over again....NBA needs to do something about these inept gargoyles.

NateyB24
01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
This report is BS. RT @bcondotta: A Sacramento TV station reporting Maloofs rejected the Seattle deal

https://twitter.com/kjrmitch/status/289121514916298752

DawgHawk29
01-09-2013, 05:34 PM
you got people in Sac town going up against Steve Balmer of Microsoft, The Nordstrom family and Billionaire Chris Hansen. I am sorry but I do not see any body being able to beat the Seattle Group. They may match it a couple times but this is a Juggarnaut of a group trying to buy The Kings. If anything the Magoofs are just running up the cost but making it a bidding war that Chris Hansen is more than willing to over pay on.

DoMeFavors
01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Im so happy I want Kings to remain in Sac

bholly
01-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Don't think I've ever used this one before, but:

:dance: