PDA

View Full Version : Should LA consider trading Howard?

king2218
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
As title says...should LA consider trading Howard? Maybe trade Howard for Nowitzki and picks? Having a line up of Nash, Bryant, Peace, Nowitzki, Gasol might be perfect for D'antoni's system. A stretch four in nowitizki, who's pick and roll with Nash would be deadly and would give Gasol more room to operate in the post as a center. With nowitzki, they would be in contention possibly this and next season, at which time, Kobe, Gasol and Nowitzki would be free agents and a guy by the name of Lebron could be a free agent.

xxplayerxx23
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Lol no

JNoel
01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Yeah.

Metsboi69
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
As title says...should LA consider trading Howard? Maybe trade Howard for Nowitzki and picks? Having a line up of Nash, Bryant, Peace, Nowitzki, Gasol might be perfect for D'antoni's system. A stretch four in nowitizki, who's pick and roll with Nash would be deadly and would give Gasol more room to operate in the post as a center. With nowitzki, they would be in contention possibly this and next season, at which time, Kobe, Gasol and Nowitzki would be free agents and a guy by the name of Lebron could be a free agent.

Not the worst idea I've seen. I just don't know if Dwight would stay in Dallas with that depleted roster. I really think he plays out the season and ends up in ATL or Houston in the offseason. Unless of course some miracle happens and they take Lopez for Howard which I just can't see happening.

ManRam
01-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Once again...offense isn't the problem.

Dirk ain't helping the defense out at all. Gotta just hope he can get healthier as the season goes on. He can make up for some absolutely pathetic perimeter defense pretty well when he's running at full speed. He's clearly not 100%.

TheNumber37
01-08-2013, 11:35 PM
do you mean Gasol?

justinnum1
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
dwight and metta for zbo and gay

shep33
01-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I say no. Unless it's for an offer you can't refuse.

But 2014 is almost here, we'll have nobody under contract and we can rebuild right away.

I hope Dwight stays, but even if he goes I won't be bummed.

This year has been tough, too many things going against us. 3 coaches, 2 systems, Nash and Blake get hurt early on, Dwight not 100%, Pau struggling and being injured, the new set of injuries right now.

I'm okay to throw this season out. The good news is that the rebuild will come soon. Great 16 year run with Kobe, but the talent and the chemistry just isn't there with this team

KniCks4LiFe
01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Yes. That's a god honest answer.

Dade County
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
The problem in trying to trade Howard is................................. ( the same old **** )

For a team to really give up anything for him, Howard will have to comment to that team, so basically the Lakers should get back what the Magic got back "lmao"

Only team Howard will comment to is the Nets... So Howard will not be traded unless he tells management, he wants to go.

Teeboy1487
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM

But 2014 is almost here, we'll have nobody under contract and we can rebuild right away.

This year has been tough, too many things going against us. 3 coaches, 2 systems, Nash and Blake get hurt early on, Dwight not 100%, Pau struggling and being injured, the new set of injuries right now.

I'm okay to throw this season out. The good news is that the rebuild will come soon. Great 16 year run with Kobe, but the talent and the chemistry just isn't there with this team
This is me. I'm over this season already. I can't wait until next year. Hopefully we can get some decent role players on this team. If Dwight stays, good. If not, nothing I will lose sleep over. It's time to rebuild in LA. This season has been such a nightmare.

Bradley Hunter
01-08-2013, 11:49 PM
It would be a very bad idea to trade him.

Hellcrooner
01-08-2013, 11:51 PM

adn what exactly does memphis do with the two best centers in the league and NO power forward?:confused::confused:

justinnum1
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
adn what exactly does memphis do with the two best centers in the league and NO power forward?:confused::confused:

flip one of them.

lakers get zbo
nets get dwight
memphis gets brook

b@llhog24
01-08-2013, 11:59 PM
flip one of them.

lakers get zbo
nets get dwight
memphis gets brook

So you're trading Dwight (who actually came in the NBA as a PF and when healthy is mobile enough to masquerade at that position) for Brook Lopez (the second slowest center in the 2K era after Fesenko) to solve Memphis's problem of having two C's? :confused:

Hellcrooner
01-09-2013, 12:00 AM
flip one of them.

lakers get zbo
nets get dwight
memphis gets brook

Brook lopez the CENTER?

:rolleyes:

Actually what lakers should do is go for GAY AND MARC for Howard( goes to nets for Lopez + pick)

justinnum1
01-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Brook lopez the CENTER?

:rolleyes:

Actually what lakers should do is go for GAY AND MARC for Howard( goes to nets for Lopez + pick)

that would be cool. but i dont see dwight going anywhere. im not really sure winning is his main priority, i just think he wants to have fun, get paid and have things his way.

sep11ie
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Trade him to Washington. He'd be ****ed in Washington.

Mikeb29
01-09-2013, 12:15 AM
How can you even judge this team. They've played together for a total of 8 games with the original starting 5 of Nash Kobe peace pau and Howard. How can you build chemistry with 8 games and 2 different coaches. All these analysts wanna bash them but clearly they miss this key point. It's been a painful season but it's one in which everything that can go wrong has and worse

king2218
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
The problem in trying to trade Howard is................................. ( the same old **** )

For a team to really give up anything for him, Howard will have to comment to that team, so basically the Lakers should get back what the Magic got back "lmao"

Only team Howard will comment to is the Nets... So Howard will not be traded unless he tells management, he wants to go.

Dallas has been one of the teams on his wish list since his time with the Magic. Dwight does not look like the same player as he was in orlando. It can be due to injury but his back and hops looked fine aganist the nuggets in that alley oop dunk or the last block of the game. Mentally he doesn't look dialed in, possibly due to him not being the featured player in the offense like he was in Orlando...? If traded to Dallas, I think he would stay there because they have Mayo, and have enough cap space to go after a Josh Smith to pair with Howard.

king2218
01-09-2013, 12:21 AM
With D'Antoni as the coach, I think LA has to trade one of its bigs...they need a stretch four, Gasol and Howard will never click together in this offense as starters.

shep33
01-09-2013, 12:26 AM
How can you even judge this team. They've played together for a total of 8 games with the original starting 5 of Nash Kobe peace pau and Howard. How can you build chemistry with 8 games and 2 different coaches. All these analysts wanna bash them but clearly they miss this key point. It's been a painful season but it's one in which everything that can go wrong has and worse

I agree, we should be doing better, but this has been just a cluster **** of a season.

Injuries... more injuries... 3 coaches, 2 offensive systems.

LAKobeBryant
01-09-2013, 12:27 AM

defence downgrade 100x. we would allow 150 pts per game

nash
kobe
gay
zbo
pau

kobe and gay will only play d if they feel like it

Mikeb29
01-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Everyone was loathing for Dwight to come here and now everyone wants him gone. Guys clearly not himself yet from surgery. Just gotta ride this storm out and maybe pull off a miracle trade for pau

Metsboi69
01-09-2013, 01:15 AM
The other interesting aspect is the fact that Dwight actually gains a bunch of leverage with the Lakers struggling. Before the season started everyone thought it was just a forgone conclusion Dwight would have to stay, because the Lakers would win the championship or at the very least get to the conference finals. If Dwight doesn't like many aspects of being on the Lakers and the team is struggling the exit is that much easier. All I'm saying is if the dude is threatening to leave I really wouldn't try and call his bluff because getting stuck with nothing for him on this team would be quite catastrophic.

NYSpirit1
01-09-2013, 01:17 AM
ABSOLUTELY. I don't know why people think he's going to stay. They suck and he's stuck with Kobe.

If Houston came to the Lakers with Asik, Parsons, Royce White and firsts, how could you reject that?

LA4life24/8
01-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Not the worst idea I've seen. I just don't know if Dwight would stay in Dallas with that depleted roster. I really think he plays out the season and ends up in ATL or Houston in the offseason. Unless of course some miracle happens and they take Lopez for Howard which I just can't see happening.

agreed, its not a terrible idea, as long as they are 100% ok with playing 0 defense and getting 0 rebounds a game, and lopez for howard?? gtfo, there is a reason the magic didnt trade howard for him and a reason the lakers would not do it either...

atl- gimme smith and horford for howard done

houston- has 0 that LA would want or is worth howard except harden but we all know that is not happening

LA4life24/8
01-09-2013, 01:38 AM
ABSOLUTELY. I don't know why people think he's going to stay. They suck and he's stuck with Kobe.

If Houston came to the Lakers with Asik, Parsons, Royce White and firsts, how could you reject that?

umm because royce white is a non factor since he wont play?? asik is not that great, and parsons really isnt anything special, and the firsts wont really be worth much since houston with harden and howard is better than they currently are

DallasTrilla23
01-09-2013, 01:43 AM
I don't think any teams would trade for him except Brooklyn and Dallas since he's said that he'll only resign with them. Even if you trade him to a small market contender like OKC, I don't think he'll resign. Winning isn't his priority.

LA4life24/8
01-09-2013, 01:43 AM
trading howard seems like an awful idea to me in general... hes been hurt all year, its obvious hes not been 100%, idk why he and la pushed it having him come back so early... nash's injury really sucked, paus awful play has been disappointing and metta is well... metta, i love pau but hes gotta b the piece that goes, trade him in a 3 way or 4 way deal idc just get some young legs in there that can run jump and hustle their ***** off

LA4life24/8
01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
but forreals, gtfo dantoni,was never behind this signing, over phil?? the triangle? kobe and howard? shaq and kobe 2.0? only with a better point guard and power forward?

Rockice_8
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
The Nets offer Blatche, Hump, Brooks, Bogdanovic, and 2 firsts for Dwight. Not that they'd take it but that's what I'd offer.

Adds a more mobile PF in Blatche (putting up great per 36 numbers) with some range as well as a scoring and rebounding punch off the bench (Brooks, Hump) cause their bench sucks. Bogs is a 6'8" shooter (very good Euro talent) and the multiple firsts (they recently lost a few) are some assets for the future.

Never gonna happen but I don't see anyone giving up the world for Dwight since he can walk. LA is in the same position as Orlando (not going to get full value) or they take the risk of him walking which is a serious possibility.

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 10:38 AM

Love your optimism man. Great post :clap:

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM

They know that Kobe is merely un-tradable and the Lakers would have to part ways with Howard. No more convincing him to stay and take the best deal

JordansBulls
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Dwight to the Bulls for Boozer and Taj.

Stunner
01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atkalz7

Baller1
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Fire D'Antoni. Simple as that.

Baller1
01-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Knowing how it works for the Lakers every ****ing season though, I'm expecting them to land KD, Lebron, Love, and Kyrie this season. All while keeping Dwight, Kobe, and Nash.

LOOTERX9
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Lakers will trade howard. they are not dumb enough to just let him walk for nothing at end of season. This season is lost for them now that dantoni is there so they will trade him , plus he does not fit dantoni's crap fest of a system anyways

uprightciti
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM
fire d'antoni. Simple as that.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fire d'antoni

because that will solve all the problems the lakers have hahahaha

how about internal chemistry

people say melo and amare cant play together

how are dwight and kobe doing?

KniCks4LiFe
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM
They can do a few things. First is that D'Antoni's system will never work w/ those players. So there are 2 options.

Brook Lopez or Hump
Gerald Wallace
CJ Watson
MarShon Brooks
and pick

for

Dwight Howard
Devin EBanks
Earl Clark

Lakers need depth and 2 way athletic backcourt players for that system.

or

Fire D'Antoni.:cool:

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Fire D'Antoni. Simple as that.

It's really not that simple seeing as they would be paying Brown and 'Antoni about 25 million combined not to coach the team.

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
They can do a few things. First is that D'Antoni's system will never work w/ those players. So there are 2 options.

Brook Lopez or Hump
Gerald Wallace
CJ Watson
MarShon Brooks
and pick

for

Dwight Howard
Devin EBanks
Earl Clark

Lakers need depth and 2 way athletic backcourt players for that system.

or

Fire D'Antoni.:cool:

There are no 2 way athletic backcourt players involved in that trade though

KniCks4LiFe
01-09-2013, 03:33 PM
There are no 2 way athletic backcourt players involved in that trade though

Gerald Wallace, CJ Watson

Brooks isn't a 2 way. But it's obvious Dwight's walking after this season. Like I said, it's either that or put the big boy pants and Fire D'Antoni. He's running a fastbreak system when his team is 29th in offense on the fastbreak.

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Gerald Wallace, CJ Watson

Brooks isn't a 2 way. But it's obvious Dwight's walking after this season. Like I said, it's either that or put the big boy pants and Fire D'Antoni. He's running a fastbreak system when his team is 29th in offense on the fastbreak.

Wallace is a forward and last time I checked Watson wasn't more than an average athlete.

But you are right about one thing, Dwight is definitely packing his bags in the offseason so they should try and get some young players for him.

CaptainClutch
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Wallace is a forward and last time I checked Watson wasn't more than an average athlete.

But you are right about one thing, Dwight is definitely packing his bags in the offseason so they should try and get some young players for him.

They would be wise to do Lopez + Brooks for D12 straight up. The value for Dwight is going down tremendously....especially knowing he's a headache and will truly be happy ONLY in Brooklyn

LOOTERX9
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
They would be wise to do Lopez + Brooks for D12 straight up. The value for Dwight is going down tremendously....especially knowing he's a headache and will truly be happy ONLY in Brooklyn

depending on howards health any trade may make the nets worst with howard on the team. But if he can return to form the NETS will be a true east contender cause I still don't trust the heat's mental killer insticts, especially lebron's