PDA

View Full Version : As of right now, who won in the Dwight Howard trade?

Gideon
01-08-2013, 02:59 AM
I'm just curious what people think with the problems Dwight has had in LA along with his health issues and the health issues Bynum has had in Philly. I don't know if Orlando is the winner of this trade, but with Vucevic, Afflalo, Harrington (if he ever plays), and 3 1st round picks, they certainly aren't the big losers they were considered to be when this trade was made. Thoughts?

310Casper
01-08-2013, 03:09 AM
Denver. Iggy.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Yeah Denver Iggy's valuable and he's doing a good amount for the nugs.

Gideon
01-08-2013, 03:14 AM
I forgot about Iggy in Denver. Good point.

shen
01-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Nuggets are not as good as they were before the trade. Magic won the trade.

mjt20mik
01-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Magic. Vucevic and Afflalo have been balling. Not to mention, they still have those first rounders. I would say, if Iggy does play to his potential (18-5-5), then Denver would be a very close second.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 03:20 AM
Brooklyn Nets.

As for the teams directly involved, easily the Orlando Magic, although those idiots could have gotten a MUCH better package.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 03:21 AM
Actually that's true. The Magic were criticized by everybody when they gave up Superman but they have probably made the biggest jump from last year when you talk about people involved in the trade.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Actually that's true. The Magic were criticized by everybody when they gave up Superman but they have probably made the biggest jump from last year when you talk about people involved in the trade.

They could have gotten better packages.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 03:28 AM

Yeah I totally agree but they've made the biggest jump since last season surprisingly.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 03:29 AM

When I said people involved in the trade I meant teams btw not players I should have specified if that's where you were confused.

Kyben36
01-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Denver but think that Orlando has the peices, they have a huge trade exception, along with a few nice peices in Afflalo and others.

Cracka2HI!
01-08-2013, 04:10 AM
There were only losers in that deal.

nolin
01-08-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm just curious what people think with the problems Dwight has had in LA along with his health issues and the health issues Bynum has had in Philly. I don't know if Orlando is the winner of this trade, but with Vucevic, Afflalo, Harrington (if he ever plays), and 3 1st round picks, they certainly aren't the big losers they were considered to be when this trade was made. Thoughts?

umm this is easy. The lakers have won the trade. bynum isnt even playing and Dwight is a beast look at him.

c.c.
01-08-2013, 07:18 AM
You clearly said as of right now so why are people saying the Magic. Record wise they the worst and on paper. Them picks might be worth something but as of right now, its not helping them win games.

Manimal
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Too early to tell.

How does Dwight health status remain? He clearly isn't the Orlando Dwight right now. If he gets back to that level, the LA wins it.

Does Bynum get healthy again and re-sign with the 76ers? Otherwise it's an absolute loss for the 76ers.

Denver couldn't lose with this trade. They gave up two mid-tier players for a borderline all star. They already look much better defensively. Exchanging two quarters for 50 cent is always better.

I thought Orlando would bottom out and go the OKC way by making two first round selections every round. But turns out Orlando is competitive (better than the bottom feeders) still, so I don't see them making a high lottery selection. But they do have cap space and tradeable assets now. I am not sure where Orlando is going with this but too soon to tell if they won anything with that trade. Lottery protected picks aren't exactly goldmines. It would make sense to bottom out and get a high lottery pick and supplement it with a mid-late first rounder like OKC did with Westbrook-Ibaka, Durant-Green, Harden-Maynor etc.

Mr.ATLHawks
01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Brooklyn Nets.

As for the teams directly involved, easily the Orlando Magic, although those idiots could have gotten a MUCH better package.

Ummm....you signed Deron to a max (16 pts on 40% shooting) and you traded for Joe Johnson(20+ million and avg 17 pts on 43% shooting) I don't think the Nets are the winners. If ANYBODY won from offseason misses I would say its the Mavericks... They missed out on Dwight and Deron...which might have been a blessing in disguise.

MagicHero3
01-08-2013, 09:56 AM

As of right now, the Magic are getting the better end of it. Cant say that for sure, Lakers could turn things around when dwight gets healthy again.

Brooklyn Nets.

hahahaha idiots? what better package was offered? Dont say BKN bc that offer was garbage. seriously, u didnt get Dwight, let it go. you might still have a shot at him.

Swashcuff
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Right now it's clear that its not the 76ers as we've lost our best player and are worse defensively as a result and the player we got in return is yet to play a single game and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play a single game.

Each team who was involved in that trade has gotten worse winning % wise as of today but of all those teams the one that has sucked the least is Denver. Iggy has had a rough time adjusting to the system in Denver but their success is based a lot on depth, all round production and Iggy's defensive impact more so than his offensive importance.

HowFit
01-08-2013, 10:19 AM
You clearly said as of right now so why are people saying the Magic. Record wise they the worst and on paper. Them picks might be worth something but as of right now, its not helping them win games.

Magic then Denver...

macc
01-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Brooklyn Nets.

Statements like this are so idiotic. Who had the better pkg? If you're talking about Houston you do realize that they were only going to give up two of their first rounders, one most likely being Royce White who is not even playing in the NBA right now. Houston was not willing to lose their rookies AND take on bad contracts. Orlando got a first round pic in Vucivec, AAA, expiring in Al Harington, first round pic in Harkless and 3 other first round pics, on top of that they shed 2 bad contracts in Chris Duhon and Jason Richardson.

Now Orlando in this next draft will more then likely get a top 5-7 pic as well as have enough money to give a max contract, or wait till the 2014 off season and sign 2 max contracts.

So in the trade they got 1) young talent 2) draft pics 3) rid of their bad contracts 4) expiring contracts 5) freed up cap space

I don't think that's a bad trade considering your superstar only stated 3 teams he was willing to go to and wouldn't commit to anything after the season.

So when people say "oh they could of gotten a better trade." It's just completely stupid.

pebloemer
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I understand that Orlando is doing far better than expected, but is that really a good thing for the franchise? It is easier rebuilding a franchise finishing in the 13-15 range of your conference than it is finished in the 9-12 range. If they are able to benefit from the TPE or be able to get premier talent via free agency it is a different story, but I suspect, like most franchises, they'll be forced to build through the draft. Being competitive may not help them in the long-term.

Jiggy2maHeat
01-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Can't really say till Bynum gets back, as of right now, no one won that trade. Everyone got something out of it

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
There doing OK for now but come the deadline guys that are keeping us competitive might not be Here

Nelson redick Harrington baby Davis AAA MCROBERTS and hedo .... all of these names have been talked about it trades so we could still have some bottoming out left too do

Swashcuff
01-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I understand that Orlando is doing far better than expected, but is that really a good thing for the franchise? It is easier rebuilding a franchise finishing in the 13-15 range of your conference than it is finished in the 9-12 range. If they are able to benefit from the TPE or be able to get premier talent via free agency it is a different story, but I suspect, like most franchises, they'll be forced to build through the draft. Being competitive may not help them in the long-term.

Ding Ding Ding! Many Magic fans are wanting their team to fail a bit for a couple years or at least this year to start before they become fringe playoff contenders. Honestly in winning they could be losing as well.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-08-2013, 10:43 AM
We are on an 8 game losing streak I dont know what winning you are referring too ... like I said we are show casing our assets ... this team could be very different come the trade deadline

macc
01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Ya the majority (if not all) of us Magic fans want to lose, but we want competitive losses which we've had. Would love a top 5 draft pic this year. Bring me some Shabazz!

Hellcrooner
01-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Nuggets for the time been.

Swashcuff
01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
We are on an 8 game losing streak I dont know what winning you are referring too ... like I said we are show casing our assets ... this team could be very different come the trade deadline

Actually its a 9 game losing streak but even so you guys are 5 games out of playoff contention as it currently stands. I'm not saying that you're going to make the playoffs if you guys happen to finish with a better record than Toronto and Detroit (who happened to get hot when you guys started playing your worst ball of the season thus far) you'd get a poor lottery pick. The question is based on right now and right now your team isn't as bad record wise as some may have wanted them to be.

king4day
01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Denver. Then Magic by default.

Bynum hasn't played for Philly and Howard is playing hurt.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-08-2013, 11:05 AM
9 games my bad I've lost count lol ... you cab look at it both ways... we are only 5 games out (glass half full) or as of right now we are the 6-8th worst team in the NBA (glass half empty )

I'm just saying we could deff get worse if we move guys like baby Davis or jj redick which has been talked about alot ... those 2 are half the reason we have been as competitive as we have ...

hail2skins4life
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Lakers lost the **** out of that trade.

**** Dwight Howard. Watch the Lakers go on a winning streak now that he's injured

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-08-2013, 11:18 AM
but going along with the titleas of right now I think you have to say the magic won the trade but that's only as of now...

Lakers are going through their struggles but they will bounce back

Denver isn't much of a difference with iggy

the Sixers wellthis 1 is self explanatory I feel really bad for the sixes they could have been really good this year with Bynum

but the main reason I say Orlando is because we landed diamond in the rough in vucevic ... he is a double double machine and only has room for improvement he is only 22 I believe

JiffyMix88
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd say Orlando they have a lot of young talent and the right role players to have a big name really look at Orlando as a destination.

310Casper
01-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Lakers lost the **** out of that trade.

**** Dwight Howard. Watch the Lakers go on a winning streak now that he's injured

You dont sound biased at all.

#Shumpert Up
01-08-2013, 11:56 AM
lol nobody. every team in the deal is underachieving. vucevic looks good tho

FYL_McVeezy
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Orlando because they got rid of that b*tchmade bastard LOL

JiffyMix88
01-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Orlando because they got rid of that b*tchmade bastard LOL

:clap:

Tymathee
01-08-2013, 12:40 PM
i'd have rather had iggy over dwight with thsi team.

in d'antonis system, nash, kobe, iggy, metta, pau looks beast

The Best Around
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Lakers obviously. Howard is "doing poorly" and is still averaging over 17 points, 12 rebs, and 2.5 blocks. If it wasn't for the trade, they'd have what they have WITHOUT Howard, and they'd be worse. Since Bynum is injured.

Iron24th
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Orlando the winner of this trade? Loool

futureman
01-08-2013, 04:02 PM
The team that won is the team that gets the higher draft pick.

MagicHero3
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Orlando the winner of this trade? Loool

says the laker's homer. Orlando has the best potential down the road, so if you want to talk about total value... the Magic won this trade. Put the lakers vs the Magic 2-3 yrs down the road... we'll see how that one will turn out.

remember the Magic played the Lakers this yr and the "hack-a-Howard" technique worked perfectly? hmmmm enjoy superdud.

AnthonyTyrael
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Dwight's managment won. So did the league. They earned some advertisement. Sadly in a bad way but better bad advertisment than none at all.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 06:30 PM
As of right now, the Magic are getting the better end of it. Cant say that for sure, Lakers could turn things around when dwight gets healthy again.

hahahaha idiots? what better package was offered? Dont say BKN bc that offer was garbage. seriously, u didnt get Dwight, let it go. you might still have a shot at him.

So the player with the 5th highest PER in NBA putting up 23-9-2.5 is trash. Yeap okay.

Honestly? Like I said I don't want Dwight so get over yourself thinking I do.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Ummm....you signed Deron to a max (16 pts on 40% shooting) and you traded for Joe Johnson(20+ million and avg 17 pts on 43% shooting) I don't think the Nets are the winners. If ANYBODY won from offseason misses I would say its the Mavericks... They missed out on Dwight and Deron...which might have been a blessing in disguise.

Deron was being re-signed no matter what, so that logic goes out the window.

Joe Johnson is actually very good this season. You can't just look at 43%. Consider that he was shooting 28% the first month of the season.

Anyway, what I meant was that we kept Brook Lopez, that's why I said we are the winners. Iggy isn't making a difference in Denver, and the Magic are still terrible.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Statements like this are so idiotic. Who had the better pkg? If you're talking about Houston you do realize that they were only going to give up two of their first rounders, one most likely being Royce White who is not even playing in the NBA right now. Houston was not willing to lose their rookies AND take on bad contracts. Orlando got a first round pic in Vucivec, AAA, expiring in Al Harington, first round pic in Harkless and 3 other first round pics, on top of that they shed 2 bad contracts in Chris Duhon and Jason Richardson.

Now Orlando in this next draft will more then likely get a top 5-7 pic as well as have enough money to give a max contract, or wait till the 2014 off season and sign 2 max contracts.

So in the trade they got 1) young talent 2) draft pics 3) rid of their bad contracts 4) expiring contracts 5) freed up cap space

I don't think that's a bad trade considering your superstar only stated 3 teams he was willing to go to and wouldn't commit to anything after the season.

So when people say "oh they could of gotten a better trade." It's just completely stupid.

Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, 3 first round picks, Kris Humphries who was an expiring contract, and taking back Hedo Turkoglu isn't better than Nikola Vucevic, Afflalo, and the other heap of sheer garbage the Magic got in return?

Salary cap means NOTHING unless you are the Lakers, Celtics, or the Heat. Young talent? LOL it's a big stretch to call what the Magic got, talent outside of Afflalo and Vucevic. What bad contract did they get rid of? Hedo? Nope. Big Baby? Nope.

Yes that is a terrible deal. If there are only 3 teams he would extend with, then you get those 3 teams and see what they offer and trust me they would have offered far more, as a matter of fact the Nets did and boy are they happy the Magic declined.

poleandreel
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
No one won the trade.

Magic lost a superstar and franchise corner stone.
Philly got a headache and lost iggy + Vucevic
Denver got iggy but he isn't even playing better than afflalo
Lakers got a cry baby superstar who doesn't fit with their ego-driven aging bum superstar

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Hedo was no longer in the nets trade when it came down to the wire and his contract didn't need to go we can buy him out after years end ... if Brooks is so great why does he get barely any minutes? We got rid of duhon and jrich ... Davis deal ain't bad at all and the way he has played this year he is a tradeable asset ..

Sure Lopez is playing great but I like what we got now better then the nets deal ... I really didn't wanna take on Lopez at 60 mill ... and not that he isn't worth that contract I just don't want that deal when starting to rebuild a team...

And although your right with dwill and Johnson and Lopez the bets are better then Orlando ... the nets will still never come out of the east and they capped out so they can't really get better Anytime soon... they will be a 3 seed at best

sep11ie
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Houston Rockets.

ManRam
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm still happy we didn't get the post Dwight-Howard opting in Nets package. I do wish we traded him to New Jersey before the trade deadline last year. That package was a bit more tantalizing.

But I'm still content. Having Brook would be nice, but I'm happy to be bottoming out.

Denver's a small winner.

LA and Philly certainly aren't losers yet. They still can win big time....

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Hedo was no longer in the nets trade when it came down to the wire and his contract didn't need to go we can buy him out after years end ... if Brooks is so great why does he get barely any minutes? We got rid of duhon and jrich ... Davis deal ain't bad at all and the way he has played this year he is a tradeable asset ..

Sure Lopez is playing great but I like what we got now better then the nets deal ... I really didn't wanna take on Lopez at 60 mill ... and not that he isn't worth that contract I just don't want that deal when starting to rebuild a team...

And although your right with dwill and Johnson and Lopez the bets are better then Orlando ... the nets will still never come out of the east and they capped out so they can't really get better Anytime soon... they will be a 3 seed at best

That's a poor way to judge a players ability. OJ Mayo barely got min last year, nobody questioned if he was any good. It's no secret that Avery Johnson didn't like MarShon Brooks. Brooks even admitted that he and Avery butted heads a lot, Avery favors his veterans far far too much.

That's fair that's your opinion.

They will never come out of the East? People said the NYG will never win in Dallas, then in GB, then against the 17-0 Patriots. They then said they wouldn't win in Green Bay, in San Fransisco, then again against the Patriots. If the Nets were to come out of the east, crazier things have happened.

Yes of course there are better teams in the East, but to sit there and say they will never come out of the East?

They are 19-15 with DWILl playing the worst ball of his career. If and when he turns it around, I have faith they will be one of the better teams.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm still happy we didn't get the post Dwight-Howard opting in Nets package. I do wish we traded him to New Jersey before the trade deadline last year. That package was a bit more tantalizing.

But I'm still content. Having Brook would be nice, but I'm happy to be bottoming out.

Denver's a small winner.

LA and Philly certainly aren't losers yet. They still can win big time....

COme on man Philly is the biggest loser

seikou8
01-08-2013, 07:39 PM

this its a four way losing tie

IgglesFanInCO
01-08-2013, 07:56 PM
As a nuggets fan i can say that so far Iggy has underperformed, he looks lost and has not found his niche yet, if he does they could be the winner of the trade, but the same could be said about dwight if he starts playing like how he can

I honestly think that AS OF RIGHT NOW, there are no winners, nuggets would be better off with the performance afflalo has given and hes not even all they gave up, sixers obviously havent gotten anything from bynum, bynum last year was better than what dwight has been this year, and the magic couldve gotten so much more

terrible trade so far, still has potential to be good for all teams involved

ManRam
01-08-2013, 08:05 PM
COme on man Philly is the biggest loser

As of now, yeah.

My only point is, once Bynum returns and if/when Howard regains form, this might all look drastically different. Perhaps both re-sign with their current teams, and go on to have years and years of immense success.

It's just too early. So far, 30+ games into a season, Philly has gotten shafted. But there's still time for redemption.

albertajaysfan
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Teams involved in the trade as of right now its Denver.

Out of teams trying to land Dwight..... Houston

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
This is not football though... its different its not a one game series its 7 ... I don't mean in in a way to taunt you in anyway I just don't think they can beat the more elite teams in the east in a 7 game series ... I think depending on where they rank they can make it out of the first round but not the second ... but I could be wrong

Jarvo
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Bingo! But Denver if I had to pick.

Alayla
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I still think in the end the Sixers made out like BANITS Bynum for iggy vuc harkless and a pick that we might not even be good enough for them to get? Yes please ill do that trade 100% of the time even knowing what we do today

BKLYNpigeon
01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Lakers in the long run.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Lakers in the long run.

Lol.