PDA

View Full Version : Scott Skiles & Bucks part ways

asandhu23
01-08-2013, 01:33 AM
The Milwaukee Bucks and coach Scott Skiles have agreed to part ways immediately, USA Today Sports has learned. Story to come.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick

jmoney85
01-08-2013, 01:34 AM
damn.... he's actually a good coach

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 01:36 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/01/08/milwaukee-bucks-scott-skiles-fired/1816689/

asandhu23
01-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Bucks are basically rebuilding everything this offseason.

shep33
01-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Wow, surprising. They aren't bad and they aren't very talented.

mjt20mik
01-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Skiles was one of my favourite coaches.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee has made assistant Jim Boylan its interim coach, league source tells Y! Sports.

c.c.
01-08-2013, 01:46 AM
They 7th in the East! That's not good enough or something?

shep33
01-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Man the Lakers need to jump on this lol. Get him as an assistant for defense

mjt20mik
01-08-2013, 01:51 AM
Apparently, this was an issue.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Close coaching friend of ex-Bucks coach Scott Skiles tells Y! Sports: "Scott hated his team."

Ezio
01-08-2013, 01:51 AM
Now the heat might be able to beat them.

GoCrew5
01-08-2013, 01:54 AM
SKiles was a moron. A lot of Bucks fans hated him, and a lot of players called him out as well because of his dumb rotations.

He would play Marquis Daniels over Tobias Harris, and Drew Gooden over John Henson. Hell, Henson had like 17 PTS, 17 REB against the Heat and then the next game he didn't play one minute. He has no plays on offense and just lets them do whatever they want.

He was a good defensive coach though, but overall, 99% of the Bucks fan base is happy he's gone.

flclfanman
01-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Wow surprising.

MIA or OKC should pick him up as an assistant for Defense. We all saw how Woodson helped motivate the Knicks defensively.

Phenomenonsense
01-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Come help the pistons please

asandhu23
01-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Apparently, this was an issue.

And they hated him back.

JasonJohnHorn
01-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Hmm... well it says they agreed to part ways, so I'm guessing this wasn't a performance issue, but a personality one. The Bucks have not had a very good roster since Skiles has been there, but he has been given a lot of time to get something done. This season they have been playing well up until now, but the Bucks are in a tough spot this season. With both Jennings and Ellis being entering free-agency, they may be forced to over-pay for two guards that simply aren't good enough to make them a contender, which will lock them into mediocrity and given them untradable contracts. Or let them go and face more re-building (which I don't Bucks fans are looking forward to).

I think it's best that the Bucks look to trade Ellis and Jennings and hope that a couple of the promising bigs they got will develop into good players. Who knows, maybe they can put together a package for DMC and Evans.

I wonder where Skiles is headed next and who the Bucks will bring in?

jmoney85
01-08-2013, 02:19 AM
Wow surprising.

MIA or OKC should pick him up as an assistant for Defense. We all saw how Woodson helped motivate the Knicks defensively.

yea motivated them to the #17 defense

TheNumber37
01-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Wow. Bet their play suffers.

Wizards could use a coach who yells.

SportsFanatic10
01-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Now the heat might be able to beat them.

lol i was just thinking the same thing. the lakers should seriously try and get him as an assistant but he'll likely find another head coaching position sometime soon if he wants it.

--23--
01-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Theirs a chance he's the Nets next coach, that's if he wants the job.

Kyben36
01-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Skiles is actualy a good coach, not a great coach by any means obviously because he cant get a team past around 500. he cant coach an elite team IMO. he also didnt exactly have the right personel that he needs as a defensive coach in Jennings, Ellis, Illiasova, all players who are piss poor defensivly.

Skiles will get a shot somewhere else, but again, he will probably not lead them too far past 500. but he needs a team where he can get defensive minded player all around, not undersized guards who shoot first.

SportsFanatic10
01-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Theirs a chance he's the Nets next coach, that's if he wants the job.

that would make alot of sense imo.

jmoney85
01-08-2013, 02:56 AM
Skiles is actualy a good coach, not a great coach by any means obviously because he cant get a team past around 500. he cant coach an elite team IMO. he also didnt exactly have the right personel that he needs as a defensive coach in Jennings, Ellis, Illiasova, all players who are piss poor defensivly.

Skiles will get a shot somewhere else, but again, he will probably not lead them too far past 500. but he needs a team where he can get defensive minded player all around, not undersized guards who shoot first.

if he can get that team to a top 10 defense and .500 then hes a hell of a coach

Jack Daniels
01-08-2013, 03:04 AM
He was expected to polish a turd

flclfanman
01-08-2013, 04:18 AM
yea motivated them to the #17 defense

17th is still better than dead last under D'Antoni :shrug:

Skiles is legit when it comes to defenses. He proved that with CHI + MIL. He should get a phone call in the next week or 2.

John Walls Era
01-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Skiles always does a great job the first 3 years, but then everyone grows tired of him.

DreamShaker
01-08-2013, 06:09 AM
lol i was just thinking the same thing. the lakers should seriously try and get him as an assistant but he'll likely find another head coaching position sometime soon if he wants it.

The Lakers have, like, ten assistant coaches.

DreamShaker
01-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Skiles always does a great job the first 3 years, but then everyone grows tired of him.

Larry Brown syndrome.

Kefman2110
01-08-2013, 07:01 AM
As a Bucks fan I was originally a Skiles supporter. But especially thepast 2 seasons I have lost all faith in him. The guy has no idea how to put a consistent rotation together. How does he expect to develop chemistry with the team when your constantly flip flopping players in and out. Just so frustrating. I think it was about time the Bucks and Skiles went there seperate ways.

BTW people that are saying the Bucks don't have talent is just not accurate at all. Bucks have some solid good young players on there team. Maybe now that Skiles is gone they will get to show more of what they have.

C-Dub
01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
YES!!! so glad hes outta milwaukee! now maybe the bucks will get a consistent rotation for once in history and be good! idk why all you guys want Skiles so bad. i was hoping hed leave milwaukee for the longest time! Only thing he does right is defense. everything else he knows nothing about!

C-Dub
01-08-2013, 09:22 AM
As a Bucks fan I was originally a Skiles supporter. But especially thepast 2 seasons I have lost all faith in him. The guy has no idea how to put a consistent rotation together. How does he expect to develop chemistry with the team when your constantly flip flopping players in and out. Just so frustrating. I think it was about time the Bucks and Skiles went there seperate ways.

BTW people that are saying the Bucks don't have talent is just not accurate at all. Bucks have some solid good young players on there team. Maybe now that Skiles is gone they will get to show more of what they have.

THIS^ i mean.. he pretty much ruined maggette and captain jack when they were here too. and dalembert/gooden should be getting some minutes.. jus does everything wrong rotation wise. i do love that sanders is starting tho, love watchin dude

brewboy288
01-08-2013, 10:08 AM
The Bucks actually have quite a bit of talent. Henson and Sanders alone. Jennings has potential. Tobias Harris. Skiles didnt know how to manage a rotation. Tobias Harris need to be starting. Marquis Daniels? Cmon now. He never gets the young guys the time they need. Henson could have very well been starting. If Skiles hated it here, good, for the most part we hated him too. Fans and players. If you dont like a team that much, resign.

GoferKing_
01-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Who knows, maybe they can put together a package for DMC and Evans.

No way, DMC isn't on the block, nut you can take Evans for Jennings straight up. You don't have the players to change such poor organization as the Kings. ;]

brisk002
01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
This is great news for the Bucks... They should go to a 9 man roster.

PG- Brandon Jennings
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Luc Richard
PF- John Henson
C- Larry Sanders

BENCH IN ORDER
-Ersan Illyasova
-Tobias Harris
-Beno Udrih
-Doron Lamb

brewboy288
01-08-2013, 10:40 AM

PG- Brandon Jennings
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Luc Richard
PF- John Henson
C- Larry Sanders

BENCH IN ORDER
-Ersan Illyasova
-Tobias Harris
-Beno Udrih
-Doron Lamb

Dunleavy...? Udoh has way to much talent to cut.....

Ollie Tabooger
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
THIS^ i mean.. he pretty much ruined maggette and captain jack when they were here too. and dalembert/gooden should be getting some minutes.. jus does everything wrong rotation wise. i do love that sanders is starting tho, love watchin dude

Drew Gooden should never touch the ****ing floor.

brisk002
01-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Dunleavy...? Udoh has way to much talent to cut.....

Yea im at the peak point with my flu... I'm totally out of it... Anyways 11 man rotation, put Dunleavy inbetween EI and Harris and give Ekpe the least amount of minutes possible backing up PF/C spot.

I want to see Daniels, Dalembert, and Gooden rot on the bench... Also I only want Ekpe and Lamb to get 12-16 minutes a game unless there is foul trouble.

torocan
01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Skiles isn't a great coach, but I think he's a good coach.

So does he end up coaching the Nets? Or as defensive coordinator to D'Antoni?

Those would both be interesting spots...

Brew Crew
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
We should have kept Kelvin Sampson on the coaching staff.

asandhu23
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM

PG- Brandon Jennings
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Luc Richard
PF- John Henson
C- Larry Sanders

BENCH IN ORDER
-Ersan Illyasova
-Tobias Harris
-Beno Udrih
-Doron Lamb

Bench Ilyasova? nah.