PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys feel Grant Hill will add at this point of his career?

Clippersfan86
01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Grant Hill is likely making his debut this Wednesday vs the Mavs and it got me wondering what he will bring to this already deep team. I'm thinking great defense and knocking down the occasional jumper. Should also be good at running the fastbreak with our bench.

You guys think he will have a noticeable impact on the team?

b@llhog24
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Old age.

JNoel
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I honestly think that he will bring a negative impact, as he doesn't fit in with the Clipper's run-and-gun play style. I haven't watched many Clipper games or Grant Hill for that matter, but I just don't see him making a positive impact on this young team apart from bringing good to the locker room...

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I like Grant Hill but to be honest his career coming to an end and is still plagued by naggy injuries. As you probably know he's the second oldest player by one day so he won't be able to play big minutes by any means. I think he'll be able to put up minuscule points off the bench, but he will never be anywhere close to his prime years before those career threatening injuries ruined him. Good luck to him though.

mzgrizz
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
$$$$ for himself

sep11ie
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Matlock knowledge

Duncan = Donkey
01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I honestly think that he will bring a negative impact, as he doesn't fit in with the Clipper's run-and-gun play style. I haven't watched many Clipper games or Grant Hill for that matter, but I just don't see him making a positive impact on this young team apart from bringing good to the locker room...

did u watch him in phoneix?? run n gun suits him fine.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
towells?
Water?
Coffee?

JNoel
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM

Injuries have slowed him down. Also take into account that last year was his lowest career year for PER, O Rating, and Win shares per 48 which tells me he will barely have a positive impact on offense at all.

Alayla
01-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Injuries have slowed him down. Also take into account that last year was his lowest career year for PER, O Rating, and Win shares per 48 which tells me he will barely have a positive impact on offense at all.

Seeing has last year his teammates where worse than most years and that makes a ton of sense :eyebrow:. He will be fine

Alayla
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
As Far as a noticeable impact goes i doubt it but i will add Depth and that tends to be a HUGE deal for contenders but as an individual player he will be just another cog in the wheel.

PleaseBeNice
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
A couple checks to his bank account

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM

More like walk and hesitate to pull the trigger. He's old enough to be somebody's grandpa at this point. Not to mention his constant injuries. He just all fragile now.

JNoel
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Seeing has last year his teammates where worse than most years and that makes a ton of sense :eyebrow:. He will be fine

If he had worst teammates, wouldn't he be averaging better stats? He had Steve Nash on his team which is the best pure PG in the league next to Rondo and CP3, and he was basically a starter throughout the time he was healthy. Pure PGs always make a team better. The truth is that this Clippers team is almost too loaded for its own good and Hill will have to be played sparingly if they want to give time to the good players like Crawford, Caron, Barnes, Willie Green, etc.

b@llhog24
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM

Being constantly injured can do that to a guy.

Chronz
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
We are a team without a strict identity, we can play fast or slow. Hill had a bad year last year but he was actually pretty decent in transition, where he struggled was in the half court where his usually strong jumper suffered.

That said, he isn't anything to brag about anymore but when your starting Caron Butler, hes as potentially important of a role player as anyone else on the team.

Im hoping the lockout was too much for him and that he will join the many vets who are enjoying a resurgent year. If he can return to form, hes a versatile defender who gives the team an added ball handler.

Cracka2HI!
01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't expect much right off the bat. I think the team will bring him back slowly like they did with Odom. If he is able to round into shape like Odom has and get somewhere near where he was the year before last year like Odom then they will have something! He could end up pushing Caron Butler out of the lineup...not sure VDN has the balls to do that though. Barnes has earned his spot in the lineup. I don't see Hill taking many minutes from Barnes and it would be a shame if he did.

I want to add that he really wasn't "hurt". I saw the Clippers 3rd practice of the year and Hill was practicing. He looked OK. Better than Odom LOL! This is supposedly the same injury he is coming back from. I think the plan all along was to not play him and bring him along slowly and have him 100% for the playoffs. Nice to have depth!!

LA_Raiders
01-07-2013, 11:31 PM
towells?
Water?
Coffee?

this

mdm692
01-07-2013, 11:51 PM
:facepalm:. People relax Grant Hill will be fine. His role will be even smaller now he doesn't need to carry the team with an aging Nash like he did the past 2 seasons. He will be like 2009-2010 Hill. Obviously his stats won't show it but in the minutes that he will get he will be very effective specially running the floor.

Clippersfan86
01-08-2013, 12:41 AM
One of the main things I've agreed with Chronz about is Butler is absolutely atrocious the last two years and him playing less minutes is a boost to the team. I'd honestly start Hill due to him not being a huge ball stopper like Butler, his much better D and his more consistent shot.

I saw a couple plays vs the Heat in China where Hill singlehandedly stopped a 3 on 1 and 4 on 1 fastbreak which is impressive as hell for a 40 year old.

Clippersfan86
01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
8 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists in 17 minutes last night to go with great D. Not even in game shape yet... I think this guy is going to be a nice boost. His season debut was Sunday but he played less than 3 minutes and still played well in that time.