PDA

View Full Version : Rose Reportedly almost ready to start playing

Stunner
01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.blogabull.com/2013/1/7/3847056/report-derrick-rose-almost-ready-to-start-playing

dominater6192
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-chicago-bulls-news-general-manager-gar-forman-is-pleased-with-derrick-roses-rehab-20130107,0,7516192.story

This was in Chicago tribune today it says how all signs point to Derrick returning after all-star break. He is currently practicing but no contact yet and Bulls want him to have an extended period of full practice time before returning to lineup.

RLundi
01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Bulls can make a run and challenge the Knicks to face Miami in the eastern conference finals.

Donage587
01-08-2013, 03:12 AM
The team with LeBron on it.http://amzn.to/RsyxUd

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 03:17 AM

?

JordansBulls
01-08-2013, 02:05 PM

:confused:

D-Leethal
01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Shump just got cleared to practice 5 on 5 full contact so I would imagine Rose is right around the corner being that they were injured the same day.

Stunner
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Shump just got cleared to practice 5 on 5 full contact so I would imagine Rose is right around the corner being that they were injured the same day.

Yup only thing different is that Rose had surgery 10 days later than Shump

GeekInThePink
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
If Rose gets back to form, Bulls are scary.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Be very worried Eastern Conference

meloman1592
01-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Be very worried Eastern Conference

this..i like rose though

Stunner
01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/196253/derrick-rose-taking-some-contact-in-practice

Hawkeye15
01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I think so many fans are looking at AP, and expecting a great return from Rose. Well, I am watching Rubio, and seeing how it normally is. Don't expect Rose to be Rose for a while fellas. At least I wouldn't, may set yourself up for disappointment. Though a healthy Rose makes the league a better place, no doubt.

BIG worm
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
I think so many fans are looking at AP, and expecting a great return from Rose. Well, I am watching Rubio, and seeing how it normally is. Don't expect Rose to be Rose for a while fellas. At least I wouldn't, may set yourself up for disappointment. Though a healthy Rose makes the league a better place, no doubt.

i too am being cautiously optimistic:pray:

TopsyTurvy
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
set yourself up for disappointment

Setting oneself up for disappointment? Rose coming back at a fraction of what he was is still an upgrade for a Bulls team that is only a few games off the lead in the East without him...

To say the future is looking Rose-y is an understatement.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Thibs said Rose is doing "predictable contact". He will be doing that "awhile in practice" before doing full contact, id expect him back within a month, im going less than a month

Muttman73
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
sweet

SteBO
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Can't wait to see him out there again, always enjoyed watching him play and he's great for the NBA. AP's recovery was that of a miracle in a lot of ways imo, but I do hope Rose makes that type of comeback with no setbacks whatsoever.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Can't wait to see him out there again, always enjoyed watching him play and he's great for the NBA. AP's recovery was that of a miracle in a lot of ways imo, but I do hope Rose makes that type of comeback with no setbacks whatsoever.

My biggest worry is that Chicago will either overplay him too soon, or the medical staff that allowed little injuries to occur because they weren't treating the first injury right, so a second came along, will happen again. When a player comes back from an injury like this, the body naturally over compensates in other areas, putting stress on areas of the body that are not used to taking it. Chicago's medical staff I don't have a lot of confidence in, we saw Rose struggle through what I thought were indeed those compensation injuries before he even tore his knee.

Hope I am wrong, cause I love watching Rose. But I worry about him being effective this season really. I mean, even a 60% Rose is going to contribute, but hopefully they don't push him too hard.

SteBO
01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
My biggest worry is that Chicago will either overplay him too soon, or the medical staff that allowed little injuries to occur because they weren't treating the first injury right, so a second came along, will happen again. When a player comes back from an injury like this, the body naturally over compensates in other areas, putting stress on areas of the body that are not used to taking it. Chicago's medical staff I don't have a lot of confidence in, we saw Rose struggle through what I thought were indeed those compensation injuries before he even tore his knee.

Hope I am wrong, cause I love watching Rose. But I worry about him being effective this season really. I mean, even a 60% Rose is going to contribute, but hopefully they don't push him too hard.
I think Thibs will know what to do. Knowing how valuable Rose is to that franchise now, there's no doubt in my mind that they will treat the situation with upmost care. Plus, it's not like they're fighting for a playoff spot. Don't they have a top 5 seed currently? They have no reason to push him too hard......the other players have proven they are capable of holding down the fort.

Stunner
01-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Yea Thibs has been downplaying Rose's injury all season long making it seem like he's months away when he's actually closer. He wants to take care of Rose and limit his mins till the end of the season. I think Rose will be playing 25 mins per game until March.

todu82
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
The East should be very interesting heading down the stretch. Miami, New York, Atlanta and now Chicago should make it a toss up as to comes out of the East this playoff season.

Stunner
01-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Derrick Rose should be cleared for full-contact practice within the next two weeks, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

NYSpirit1
01-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Bulls can make a run and challenge the Knicks to face Miami in the eastern conference finals.

The Bulls easily will be up there with the Knicks and Heat, considering they have a good record now.

My dream scenario as a Knick fan would be to have the Bulls in the same bracket as the Heat (#1 and #4) or (#2 and #3) so they can knock each other out in the second round.

No matter what, the West might have the best regular season teams, but the East is going to be tough as **** in the postseason.

Boston will be tough, Chicago (healthy) will be tough, Miami will be tough, Brooklyn will put up a fight, Knicks will be tough. No real easy matchups.

Cubby
01-09-2013, 01:31 AM

I think after last season, that's thing that will happen,.

DallasTrilla23
01-09-2013, 01:37 AM
c'mon rose, The bulls, and my fantasy team, need you

Stunner
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
I have the Bulls ranked 2nd in the East at the end of the season

R. Johnson#3
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I hope he can return to his regular self. For basketball's sake.

Dnovakovic099
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM
The Bulls easily will be up there with the Knicks and Heat, considering they have a good record now.

My dream scenario as a Knick fan would be to have the Bulls in the same bracket as the Heat (#1 and #4) or (#2 and #3) so they can knock each other out in the second round.

No matter what, the West might have the best regular season teams, but the East is going to be tough as **** in the postseason.

Boston will be tough, Chicago (healthy) will be tough, Miami will be tough, Brooklyn will put up a fight, Knicks will be tough. No real easy matchups.

The number 1 seed will have a cakewalk to get to the ECF, assuming Knicks and Bulls get 2 and 3 seeds. While in the West, the 1 seed can get knocked out in the second round. Heck, if you face Houston/Lakers you could get upset in the first IMO. Although, watch out for Indy. They seem to have a great coach in Vogal. Defense with no offense can still get you far, just ask us Bulls fans

Stunner
01-09-2013, 07:45 PM
HE'S ALMOST HERE !!!! http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=chicagobulls&id=11383&city=chicago

Cool007
01-10-2013, 12:43 AM
“He’s in drills every morning with me,” forward Taj Gibson said Monday after the Bulls’ blowout home victory over Cleveland. “Every morning, going full steam. It just feels like he never left. He’s doing everything that he’d normally do. It’s been great the last couple weeks.”

Jimmy Butler:

“You ask him about it, and he’s like, ‘Man, I’m so ready,’ but who knows?

News around Chicago is that Rose has been basically ready but Bulls are being very cautious and want to take it slow. Rose could play right now but they will just make him wait for another 2-4 weeks - meaning around all-star break is when he will return.

Stuckey#3
01-10-2013, 01:40 AM
I think he progresses back into his game. Thibadeau is smart... He will limit his minutes until the post season.
If NYK face Miami earlier in the playoffs watch out...
The Bulls are now the darkhorse in the east to win it all.

ThaDubs
01-10-2013, 01:42 AM
I ****ing love DRose.

Krizzle88
01-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Watch out eastern conference bulls will be 2nd best team in east when rose gets back

mikekhelxD
01-10-2013, 05:13 AM
I say just wait it out. Rest and rehab him as much as he can. It's not like we are on a bad position, standing wise.

HowFit
01-10-2013, 05:59 AM
If Rose gets back to form, Bulls are scary.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how he'll turn out after this surgery...

Cool007
01-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I say just wait it out. Rest and rehab him as much as he can. It's not like we are on a bad position, standing wise.

He will still need to play the game for atleast 1 month, if not 2 to be in great game shape and gel with the team again.

Keep in mind, the whole bench is different and he hardly played many games with Rip in the lineup last year.

I really think Rose is ready (the way Jimmy and Taj said it) but they are just holding him back a little more to make sure that he doesn't overcompensate and gets injured again.

He is very close to return for sure. I am guessing anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks.

fin_frenzy_84
01-11-2013, 02:50 AM
I can't wait till he is back!!! Very soon!!! I just hope that he is the same Rose!

Cal827
01-11-2013, 02:52 AM
:clap:

Hopefully, he can play to the level he was before he got hurt... which seems like he is from the Bulls teammates responses.

fin_frenzy_84
01-11-2013, 02:54 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1177651-10-nba-players-that-suffered-torn-acls-and-recovered-better-than-ever

This is a article about players who tore their ACL and came back stronger than ever!

72 Wins
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I just hope the Bulls medical staff is noting whats going on in Minnesota and keeps an eye on Rose so he doesn't overcompensate like Rubio and have other issues indirectly related to the knee. Also hope Rose's other issues from last year are now cleared up (back, foot, etc).

Stunner
01-11-2013, 09:00 PM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73992263/ :drool:

Stunner
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
JESUS http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0114...lorose_576.jpg

justinnum1
01-15-2013, 06:30 PM

if rose can get healthy and stay healthy bulls will face miami in the ECF.

Thibs has to make sure he doesnt overplay him.

Dade County
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I can't wait.... this will make the playoffs exciting!

STL Don
01-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I am in no way a fan of the Bulls but, I must say, I can't wait for him to get back. I have much respect for his game and how he helped change the revolution of pg's in the NBA today. I expect a gratifying return and maybe, just maybe, he can win me over as a true fan of himself lol

GunFactor187
01-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Damn, I seriously can't wait for Rose's return...LOOOONG overdue! Possibly my favorite guard in the league.

Cool007
01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Rose is in the recent Pix I saw, he looks super strong and he has bulked up so much. His shoulders are huge for a PG.

I think he is preparing for the beating so he can withstand everything that other team throws at him.

Way to go for working out really hard. Kudos to Rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=meACBWDW6C0

Kuya_Clive
01-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Rose is in the recent Pix I saw, he looks super strong and he has bulked up so much. His shoulders are huge for a PG.

I think he is preparing for the beating so he can withstand everything that other team throws at him.

Way to go for working out really hard. Kudos to Rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=meACBWDW6C0

His traps are huge for a pg :drool:

pd1dish
01-16-2013, 12:37 AM
I cant waittttt!!!!!