PDA

View Full Version : If Dwight needs surgery and misses rest of season, would you still want him?

310Casper
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Would you want your team to offer him max money and build the franchise around dwight? (assuming your team was in the running for him this offseason)

At first you might read this question and think its ridiculous, but think about it. Back surgery last year and still not 100% healed to this day. Dwight has been a shell of his former self and we still have yet to see the old dwight. His free throw % is down and not improving. His offensive game has been terrible, he never really was a great offensive center to begin with. He's basically the #1 defensive center in the league with a history of injuries now. If he were to need shoulder surgery, I'd now put him in the 'injury prone' list... Then you throw in his circus antics and immaturity.

With the new cba, tax penalty's, etc.... would you want your team to build around Dwight paying him MAX money going forward?

Personally, If he gets surgery and misses rest of this season, I'd rather the lakers let him go, wait till 2014 and build around guys like lebron, cp3, irving, etc..

Lakers4ItAll
01-07-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure if I want him now

JNoel
01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Nope

sep11ie
01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Who is Max and how much does he make?

krisxsong
01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
This is why people don't like Lakers fans. Prefer to build around CP3, Irving, and LeBron? What makes you think those guys are going to be available, let alone come crawling to play for the Lakers?

Anyway, do I want him? That all depends. Who is on my current roster? As far as the Nets? No I don't want him.

310Casper
01-07-2013, 11:49 PM
This is why people don't like Lakers fans. Prefer to build around CP3, Irving, and LeBron? What makes you think those guys are going to be available, let alone come crawling to play for the Lakers?

History says it. Lakers have always gotten the cream of the crop elite stars.

I know it hurts your feelings, just learn to accept it. Its easier that way.

Cracka2HI!
01-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Would you want your team to offer him max money and build the franchise around dwight? (assuming your team was in the running for him this offseason)

At first you might read this question and think its ridiculous, but think about it. Back surgery last year and still not 100% healed to this day. Dwight has been a shell of his former self and we still have yet to see the old dwight. His free throw % is down and not improving. His offensive game has been terrible, he never really was a great offensive center to begin with. He's basically the #1 defensive center in the league with a history of injuries now. If he were to need shoulder surgery, I'd now put him in the 'injury prone' list... Then you throw in his circus antics and immaturity.

With the new cba, tax penalty's, etc.... would you want your team to build around Dwight paying him MAX money going forward?

Personally, If he gets surgery and misses rest of this season, I'd rather the lakers let him go, wait till 2014 and build around guys like lebron, cp3, irving, etc..LeBron isn't really a FA. I don't think he will opt out. CP3 is a FA this year not in 2014 and Kyrie Irving isn't a Free Agent at all. Cleveland has an Team option in 2014. Realistically the Lakers won't get anyone THAT good.

bucketss
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM

Anyway, do I want him? That all depends. Who is on my current roster? As far as the Nets? No I don't want him.

you don't want arguably the best player in the league when heallthy?:eyebrow:

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 12:03 AM

1) He is not arguably the best players in the league when healthy. 3rd best? Yes okay.

2) Dwight causes drama when things don't go his way, he had a bad back, now a torn labrum, and is 27 years old and having a poor season to his standards.

Brook Lopez' only injury of any concern was his broken ankle which he has shown 0 signs of anything bothersome, and he's only 24. He's playing very very well, shown by his PER being 5th best in the NBA.

3) If Dwight is completely healthy of course I'd take him, but he isn't.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 12:04 AM

I still don't get why teams bend over to give the Lakers deals that no other GM on the planet would do.

Ebbs
01-08-2013, 12:13 AM
I pray Mavs do not sign him,

Cracka2HI!
01-08-2013, 12:16 AM
I still don't get why teams bend over to give the Lakers deals that no other GM on the planet would do.

It's most likely going to be much harder for them this time. 2014 Free Agency could up being a pot of gold at the end of an imaginary rainbow. I don't remember the year but there was another year where a bunch of guys were going to be Free Agents and they all re-signed. I think it was 2008 and Yao and Dirk were the main targets. 2014 is only a huge year if the big 3 in Miami or Melo opt out. They aren't Free Agents. They probably won't opt out. The best UFA's are guys like Igudala, Deng, Granger, Pierce, Dirk, Ellis, ect.

Cal827
01-08-2013, 12:31 AM
**** I don't even want him if he was healthy. That drama could murder a team by itself.

YungDaSensai
01-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Tbh I think Howard's career is slowly on the downfall... If he was smart he would get the max from the Lakers.... I know the seasons a long way from over but he needs to reevaluate himself at seasons end. Either he's going to elevate his level to be one of the best in the league again or just be another center in a few years (that's what it's starting to look like). Now to answer your question, no I would not... He hasn't shown anything to warrant the money he would want.

Cracka2HI!
01-08-2013, 01:04 AM
The best thing for both Howard and the Lakers would be a 2 year deal if he can't come back this year.

c.c.
01-08-2013, 01:24 AM

That's why you a fan of the Lakers huh

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 01:28 AM

Arguably the best? Def not. Maybe the best center, at least on defense. But you're forgetting Lebron, KD, CP3, even Kobe.

c.c.
01-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Tbh I think Howard's career is slowly on the downfall... If he was smart he would get the max from the Lakers.... I know the seasons a long way from over but he needs to reevaluate himself at seasons end. Either he's going to elevate his level to be one of the best in the league again or just be another center in a few years (that's what it's starting to look like). Now to answer your question, no I would not... He hasn't shown anything to warrant the money he would want.

If he was smart he would of stayed in Orlando! Howard best fit is with a team that he can control things and be the man. Then one day he would of had at stature in front of the Magic's area like Kareem Abdul Jabbar statue at Staples Center.

310Casper
01-08-2013, 03:13 AM
That's why you a fan of the Lakers huh

Lived in la my entire life, still do.

That's why.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 03:23 AM

That's why.

There's two teams in LA.

The fact that you brag about how the Lakers are gift wrapped superstar players all the time says a lot about why you're a fan of purple and yellow.

TylerSL
01-08-2013, 08:42 AM
There's two teams in LA.

The fact that you brag about how the Lakers are gift wrapped superstar players all the time says a lot about why you're a fan of purple and yellow.

Ignore him, he is an elitist Laker fan who spews crap. I remember him because he cried that Miami should forfeit their title this year to perserve their integrity or some crap..........

rapjuicer06
01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Dwight was injury free when he wasn't being a *****...once he started being a *****, he started getting hurt. Well, I suppose Karma had something to say about that

bucketss
01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Arguably the best? Def not. Maybe the best center, at least on defense. But you're forgetting Lebron, KD, CP3, even Kobe.

when he was healthy he was considered the 2nd best player in the league.

mightybosstone
01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
when he was healthy he was considered the 2nd best player in the league.

The last time he was healthy was last season, and he was not the second best player in the NBA last season. Not even close.

bucketss
01-08-2013, 10:25 AM
The last time he was healthy was last season, and he was not the second best player in the NBA last season. Not even close.

he was injured last year.

HowFit
01-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Nope. His drama and health are two unwanted baggages you would want in a player...

king4day
01-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Personally, If he gets surgery and misses rest of this season, I'd rather the lakers let him go, wait till 2014 and build around guys like lebron, cp3, irving, etc..

So would ever other team in the league.

For the question, I would absolutely sign him and take my chances.

Dade County
01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
I can see him coming back to Florida, or should I say... South Beach!

But yes, I can see Pat creating a situation where Howard can find his way down here, after all... NBA = Entertainment.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM

That's why.

Lol. You were just boasting to the world about the Lakers always gathering the best talent in the league. Obviously that's the only reason you're a Lakers fan as oppose to a Clippers fan.

TylerSL
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM

But yes, I can see Pat creating a situation where Howard can find his way down here, after all... NBA = Entertainment.

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
He needs to go somewhere where the other star isn't someone who takes a lot of shots. I think he would thrive in Chicago or Brooklyn.

The Best Around
01-08-2013, 03:39 PM

Yup I'm sure the Lakers are calling the Heat right now as we speak to offer Howard for Bosh, Cole, and a future 1st.

sep11ie
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM

Your posts= DELUSIONAL

sep11ie
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
He needs to go somewhere where the other star isn't someone who takes a lot of shots. I think he would thrive in Chicago or Brooklyn.

I'm sooo surprised you think that...:cool:

knickfan33
01-08-2013, 05:31 PM

that trade was great for orlando, now they gotta a bunch of picks to build a good young team with. what should they have done? went and got gasol and some other players to keep them good enough to get to the playoffs, but not good enough to win championship, and get mediocre mid round picks for the next few years.... or the smart way, like they did, stock up on first round picks, build from the ground up, and give yourself a chance to draft some players who may actually make you a contender.

ManRam
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Uhm...Derrick Rose is a star who takes lots of shots.

But I kinda get your point.

dtmagnet
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM
It makes no sense but someone will give him a maximum deal.

thephoenixson28
01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Yes

NYYCowboys
01-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Nah you need to accept the Lakers are now irrelevant, and after Kobe retires will be for a while.

Dade County
01-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Yup I'm sure the Lakers are calling the Heat right now as we speak to offer Howard for Bosh, Cole, and a future 1st.

Thats more then Orlando got for Howard... Pat will give them a stick of chewing gum and call it a day.

Your posts= DELUSIONAL

I did say NBA = Entertainment ... smh

Don't blame me, blame the script writers.

krisxsong
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM

I agree with this, but I just can't see the Nets wanting him that badly anymore considering his drama and injuries.

Baller1
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
**** I don't even want him if he was healthy. That drama could murder a team by itself.

Yup, this.

Cracka2HI!
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Nah you need to accept the Lakers are now irrelevant, and after Kobe retires will be for a while.

It's much easier for them to ignore product on the floor, the COMPLETE lack of trade assets and the fact that 2014 Free Agency is an imaginary gold mine. It's easier for them to beleive in some imaginary team that they will mold out of nothing and pretend like everyone knows it will happen and anyone who doesn't is an idiot.