PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dwight had to be restrained from going after Kobe following altercation

Fresno
01-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just canít get along, and thereís a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Yearís Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow Ė referencing and agreeing with Shaquille OíNealís criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the centerís camp that heís been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.

Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/brooklyn-benefactors-kobe-howard-feud-fuel-dwight-nets-deal-article-1.1234685#ixzz2HHEpewgi

Now we know what was the source of Dwight's comments that came right out of nowhere about the Lakers lack of chemistry.

I wonder if Kobe realizes that there are huge egos at stake and that the same tactics he used to try to get the most out of Shaq wont equal the same results without a mediator like Phil Jackson in the locker room.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 04:50 AM
I wonder how Kobe's wife stays w/ him. I mean homie fights w/ everyone he has played with. Everyone except Derek Fisher and Ron Artest.

UPRock
01-07-2013, 04:58 AM
SMH, again? I thought he wanted to win more titles.

Bulls_fan90
01-07-2013, 05:00 AM
lol.

Gibby
01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
i knew this was going happen from day 1.

asandhu23
01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Kobe trade rumors in 3... 2... 1...

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Kobe trade rumors in 3... 2... 1...

Kobe is going to retire a Laker. If anything Dwight is 1/2 way out the door.

Greedy22
01-07-2013, 05:06 AM
Lol...Dwight having to be restrained shows he mentally weak and can't take the criticism.

SDBearsFan
01-07-2013, 05:07 AM
lol this is funny

SDBearsFan
01-07-2013, 05:07 AM
Should have gone to Chicago, Dwight.

Fresno
01-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Lol...Dwight having to be restrained shows he mentally weak and can't take the criticism.

He admits that openly as his weakness.

But Kobe finished that 76ers game with no assists so I can see why Dwight would be mad that Kobe did not try to get him the ball more only to criticize him in the same breath.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:11 AM
For those wondering, I was told on Thursday that the rumor of a Dwight-Kobe altercation was nothing more than talk.
I also know of two other reporters that were made aware of the rumor last week and also told the story wasn't true when they looked into it.

Jarrod Rudolph's twitter

I honestly don't think this is true. Just trying to stir the pot

Fresno
01-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Jarrod Rudolph's twitter

I honestly don't think this is true. Just trying to stir the pot
Stir the pot?

Same "reporters" who were confirming Phil Jackson was the next coach barring something unforseen going down?

Yeah, we know its a lot of misinformation that is floated to even the beat writers in LA about the Lakers. Jim Buss tries his hardest to keep it all quiet.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Stir the pot?

Same "reporters" who were confirming Phil Jackson was the next coach barring something unforseen going down?

Yeah, we know its a lot of misinformation that is floated to even the beat writers in LA about the Lakers. Jim Buss tries his hardest to keep it all quiet.

I think your trying to stir the pot now lol. The statement in bold is ridiculous

Either way I don't really care. I don't think it's true, but whatever.

CavsYanksDuke
01-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Altercation implies that Dwight would do anything to Kobe. He and Pau make Chris Bosh look like Chuck Norris. Grow some *****.

Everymanalion
01-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Making enemies all over the place damn, "OH **** I WILL JUST SMILE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE COOL" **** not workin' anymore huh Dwight?

HowFit
01-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Should have gone to Chicago, Dwight.

It amazes me how everyone wants this guy. Yes, he's one of best player on court but he's also carries drama with him. He has with the Magic and shown plenty in early season with Lakers. It's obvious it's who he is. Unless you enjoy being breaking up by all your girlfriends, I don't see why you would go crazy wanting this guy on your team...

Fresno
01-07-2013, 05:30 AM
[/B]
I think your trying to stir the pot now lol. The statement in bold is ridiculous

Either way I don't really care. I don't think it's true, but whatever.

How many other beat reporters/reporters are as wrong as the local ones who cover the Lakers? Of course nobody close to the Lakers wants that stuff getting out just like nobody will publicly speak on why Mike Brown was fired after 5 games and how it occured after Kobe's behavior towards him in Utah.

Mason & Ireland are the only 2 people who you can hold to their word for things that go on in LaLa Land.

Kyben36
01-07-2013, 05:30 AM
whatever is going on in LA is just getting worse. I know alot of it looks to be the media blowing things up. but Dwight, Gasol and Kobe, just clearly cant get along.

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2013, 05:31 AM
lol

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:32 AM
He and Kobe are divas, no doubt. But again, i don't think it's true. The team isn't divided, but I do think they're on edge right now.

If they were winning, this wouldn't happen. This season sucks, probably a write off, but I'm happy that the rebuild is coming soon.

Can't win 'em all, but we did a better job than any other franchise over the past 15 years.

Fresno
01-07-2013, 05:34 AM
It amazes me how everyone wants this guy. Yes, he's one of best player on court but he's also carries drama with him. He has with the Magic and shown plenty in early season with Lakers. It's obvious it's who he is. Unless you enjoy being breaking up by all your girlfriends, I don't see why you would go crazy wanting this guy on your team...

It works in Chicago. Rose has 0 ego whatsoever.

Adidas just didnt want its 2 biggest NBA endorsers on the same team in the same city.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Gasol and Kobe are fine, don't see what's wrong there. Kobe and Nash are fine. What's weird is Nash has called Dwight out few times, albeit very subtly.

He talked about his energy not being consistent, although the last two games Dwight has been great.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 05:36 AM
I can't take Jarrod Rudolph's word anymore, especially after messing up the Howard to Brooklyn news. I'm betting they are trying to cover it up.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:37 AM
How many other beat reporters/reporters are as wrong as the local ones who cover the Lakers? Of course nobody close to the Lakers wants that stuff getting out just like nobody will publicly speak on why Mike Brown was fired after 5 games and how it occured after Kobe's behavior towards him in Utah.

Mason & Ireland are the only 2 people who you can hold to their word for things that go on in LaLa Land.

Meh, Bresnehan or Trudell would've picked up on this I think. Ding, Simers and Medina write a lot of negative things about the Lakers, as did Plaschke.

Why wouldn't they want this to get out? Lol, so they're stopping themselves from doing their jobs?

What is this a conspiracy theory? The Lakers owners paying these reporters to stay hush?

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 05:38 AM
We'll soon here Watson, Wallace and Lopez to LAL rumors. I guarantee it. I wouldn't be shocked at all.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Again, I'm not saying this is false, I'm just saying in my opinion it's false. I could be way off.

I've stopped caring though lol. Whatever, let them fight if it's true.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 05:45 AM
I am curious who'd win that fight though. Like does anyone not believe that Kobe can't kick Dwight Howard's ***. B/c I know he has a foot on him but I still bet Kobe draws 1st blood.

carlessyen
01-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Sac want to move Cousins, Howard dont fit ship his *** to Sac town. If I was a lakers fan Id rather have Cousins. But not really my team Im a Cavs fan and id love to have Cousins on our team as well. enough to give up Walton, AV, and Waiters which was a horrid pick, hes a sixth man but def not a 4th pick in the draft. I said Lillard or Lamb and they laughed and Id still take eithe rof them over him. But with Samuels gone I hope Jones starts getting more minutes. But ya Lakers need to get rid of Howard quick they shoulda knew befoe hand what kinda cancer he was gonna be in the locker room, he got his coach fired, wasnt even planning on staying there still made him lose his job, I dont know whats wron with these knucklehead guys anymore. I bet Magic are happy id rather have big baby then him as well.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:48 AM
I am curious who'd win that fight though. Like does anyone not believe that Kobe can't kick Dwight Howard's ***. B/c I know he has a foot on him but I still bet Kobe draws 1st blood.

Kobe seems like he'd fight dirty, so I'd take him lol. I just can't see Dwight throwing a punch ever.

On the Lakers squad, Metta would wreck everyone though lol

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Kobe seems like he'd fight dirty, so I'd take him lol. I just can't see Dwight throwing a punch ever.

On the Lakers squad, Metta would wreck everyone though lol

Kobe doesn't mess w/ Metta. There is a reason for that. :laugh2:

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 05:54 AM
We'll soon here Watson, Wallace and Lopez to LAL rumors. I guarantee it. I wouldn't be shocked at all.

First off, Dwight isnt going to Brooklyn, that ship has sailed and the Nets love Lopez. While Dwight is a great center, hes underperformed big time this season, if the Lakers wanted to trade with BK the Nets wouldnt be giving up that much.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:55 AM
This report just seems shady though. The title itself is "Brooklyn Benefactors..."

Anyways, you know what's weird? I think Brooklyn would be worse if they traded away a good chunk of their core for Dwight.

Say it's like Watson/Brooks, Lopez, and Wallace, plus picks. Well then, going forward, they're paying 70+ mill over the next few years to 3 players: Dwight, Deron, and Joe Johnson.

You know LAL would unload a bad contract on the Nets too. Probably Steve Blake or something.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this has a chance of happening because LAL doesn't want the lengthy and expensive contracts of Lopez + Wallace, who are both quality players.

LakersMaster24
01-07-2013, 05:58 AM
This is bogus. Jarrod Rudolph already said this is bs and he is a close source to Dwight.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 06:00 AM
This is bogus. Jarrod Rudolph already said this is bs and he is a close source to Dwight.

Jarrod Rudolph has been shaky at best, even if he predicted Dwight waiving his ETO.

shep33
01-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Well... let the dwightmare continue. I know this dude wanted a big market but I honestly don't know if he could handle playing in one.

He almost belongs in a smaller market, where expectations are slimmer.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Well... let the dwightmare continue. I know this dude wanted a big market but I honestly don't know if he could handle playing in one.

He almost belongs in a smaller market, where expectations are slimmer.

Thats why Atlanta would be perfect for him.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 06:05 AM

It's bogus. Then why are your coaches and players sounding like it's not?

"I understand it a little bit," Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said of his team's chemistry concerns before things worsened with a 112-105 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Sunday at Staples Center, "but everybody has a job to do. The only thing we can ask players is to play as hard as they can. Whether you're happy or not doesn't really matter if you are playing as hard as you can."

D'Antoni unfortunately had more to say.

"You don't have to love each other," he said. "I've been on a lot of championship teams in Europe where there's edges and we don't go out to dinner every night. That is not why we're losing. We're losing right now because we don't have a consistent 48 minutes of good basketball."

And this is Dwight to a reporter (http://oi49.tinypic.com/8yes1t.jpg).

Nothing happening?

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 06:08 AM
It's bogus. Then why are your coaches and players sounding like it's not?

And this is Dwight to a reporter (http://oi49.tinypic.com/8yes1t.jpg).

Nothing happening?

Reports like these make me think Dwight will make a huge push for Brooklyn again, something I really dont want.

shep33
01-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Thats why Atlanta would be perfect for him.

Yeah, ATL or Houston seem like the best options, he'd probably take the ATL though.

shep33
01-07-2013, 06:12 AM
If he doesn't start to get along with Kobe, there's one option that could keep him in LA.

Amnestying Kobe. Extremely drastic, but remember this is the same franchise that let Shaq go. The Buss family didn't want to pay Shaq 30 mill per year like he wanted.

Very unlikely, but it's a legit option if the Lakers want to keep Dwight

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Yeah, ATL or Houston seem like the best options, he'd probably take the ATL though.

Asik is playing extremely well. I doubt Houston is an option anymore.

ATL and Dallas seem like the most likely options if he leaves LA, something in which I still dont think he'll do.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 06:13 AM

Lin/Harden/Parsons/Asik/Howard .... someone's getting upset badly in the West if that happens. And everybody not named Carmelo (sorry my fellow Knickstape followers it's true) love playing w/ Lin.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 06:15 AM
If he doesn't start to get along with Kobe, there's one option that could keep him in LA.

Amnestying Kobe. Extremely drastic, but remember this is the same franchise that let Shaq go. The Buss family didn't want to pay Shaq 30 mill per year like he wanted.

Why waste the amnesty though on a player with a one year deal? Even if its 30 mil. That amnesty is an asset.

shep33
01-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Lin/Harden/Parsons/Asik/Howard .... someone's getting upset badly in the West if that happens.

That'd be a sick team.

shep33
01-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Why waste the amnesty though on a player with a one year deal? Even if its 30 mil. That amnesty is an asset.

True but the amnesty only works on players that have signed prior to the new CBA I believe.

Next year is actually the last year that the Lakers can use it because nobody is under contract in 2014 outside of Nash (who can't be amnestied because he didn't sign before the new CBA).

So they can not use it, or use it on Kobe, Pau, Blake or Metta

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 06:23 AM
True but the amnesty only works on players that have signed prior to the new CBA I believe.

Next year is actually the last year that the Lakers can use it because nobody is under contract in 2014 outside of Nash (who can't be amnestied because he didn't sign before the new CBA).

So they can not use it, or use it on Kobe, Pau, Blake or Metta

Yup, you are correct, I didnt realize so. Although, I still think someone like Pau is better off being amnestied than Kobe. Itd still give the Lakers the ability to sign a guy like Chris Paul or Josh Smith.

shep33
01-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Yup, you are correct, I didnt realize so. Although, I still think someone like Pau is better off being amnestied than Kobe. Itd still give the Lakers the ability to sign a guy like Chris Paul or Josh Smith.

Something tells me that Kobe might get amnestied. Take off his 30 mill salary next year and the Lakers team salary drops to 48 mill. Trading Pau can drop that even further.

It's a possibility, a very very unlikely one lol, but it is possible.

jam
01-07-2013, 06:45 AM
We can always dream. :)

LMA or Love would be nice at the rockets' 4 spot as well. In Morey we trust. :cool:

More-Than-Most
01-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Ugh this team was going to be so ****ing fun to watch too. What a waste. Kobe is ****ing things up but I will wait for Nash to speak before I become concerned.

Badluck33
01-07-2013, 07:44 AM
I'm not a BNK fan but its in the interest of that team to NOT trade for DH. They look to be doing fine with what they have. DH wont' put them over the top. DWill just needs to figure his **** out first.

Badluck33
01-07-2013, 07:53 AM

No way it would happen. Hard Core LAL fans would burn down the Staples Center with everyone in it. NO CHANCE.

Supreme LA
01-07-2013, 08:40 AM
You guys actually believe this story? :facepalm:

Does that even sound like something Dwight would do?? Opposing players can't even get Dwight flip.

BALLER R
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM
A team with egos needs a coach that can control them. That's why I wanted Phil from day 1. That's why I said the Lakers even tho I've been a fan wouldn't surprise me if they missed the playoffs.

BullsFTW
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
This is crazy. If anything Kobe is a Laker for life. Can you imagine the angry mob going after Kuochak and Buss if they chose Dwight over Kobe?! With that being said, he will not be traded to Brooklyn. His relationship with D-Will soured, and Lakers don't want nothing to do with Lopez.

BullsFTW
01-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Dwight, should've gone to Chicago (tsk tsk)

oak2455
01-07-2013, 09:19 AM
You guys all think Bkln has the best pieces ? Come on you act like there the only team in the league that can make a trade for DH? It's called selling papers, I would be shocked seriously if he's a Net.....

Hellcrooner
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
its a pity kobe has never tried his b.s with ron artest.

Some will say its because " he respects his game"

I say its because the coward knows if he goes against ROn the next thing he will know is his teeth are 4 streets away.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2013, 09:24 AM
This is crazy. If anything Kobe is a Laker for life. Can you imagine the angry mob going after Kuochak and Buss if they chose Dwight over Kobe?! With that being said, he will not be traded to Brooklyn. His relationship with D-Will soured, and Lakers don't want nothing to do with Lopez.

It would be the right thing to do age wise.

Its what they did in 2004 choose age.

Jesse2272
01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Altercation implies that Dwight would do anything to Kobe. He and Pau make Chris Bosh look like Chuck Norris. Grow some *****.

I love Kyrie by the way

heat of a game thread and he was killing the Knicks :D

Raps08-09 Champ
01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Lol.

CaptainClutch
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Another month long Dwightmare for Brooklyn fans. Don't even bother reading the papers or the rumor mill until he holds up the jersey in a press conference

Skaterdude
01-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Even if this is true or not, Dwight is such a tool. He literally is a huge steaming pile of douche. He says he's not a diva but yet he's pulled stunts like this since his last year in Orlando and after he was traded to the Lakers.

He needs to grow up but I don't think that is going to happen until he is out of the NBA. Him and Eric Gordon should start their own team so they can fondle themselves with their childish behavior and their douche like tendencies. Apparently, making millions playing a professional sport and PLAYING a sport as their job isn't good enough for them. I'd hate to see what either of these tools if they had to apply themselves in a real job situation...

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2013, 09:44 AM
SMH, again? I thought he wanted to win more titles.

Does it look like they are title contenders with Dwight?

AnthonyTyrael
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
He's a *****, Kobe is right about that and I would tell him that straight face to face in the hope that he'd punch me. That Kobe is a complicated character to say the least, is nothing new. Still Howard needs to grow up. On court, off court and just how he deals with everthing. His managment is so awfull but it's his choice what he's talking and what he's demanding/asking for all the time.

So what is this dude doing again? He's sitting there and crying like a kid in the kindergarten who got his toys robbed by another. Notice it, use it for motivation and deal with it. Give the right answer day in and out in your acts and speech.

c.c.
01-07-2013, 09:57 AM
I wonder how Kobe's wife stays w/ him. I mean homie fights w/ everyone he has played with. Everyone except Derek Fisher and Ron Artest.

He scared of Ron Artest, Artest was about to whoop him when he played for the Rockets.

JordansBulls
01-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Damn I guess this shows that Dwight will not be resigning in LA.

Kinkotheclown
01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Another month long Dwightmare for Brooklyn fans. Don't even bother reading the papers or the rumor mill until he holds up the jersey in a press conference

He will be billed as making them an immediate contender and I don't think he will.
L.A. has nothing on this city when it comes to douche bag, ignorant sports writers.
Howard in the NYC scene will be as big of a show as Tebow. The media will be so up his arse and hypercritical of him that he will want out of here asap.

Besides that is the fact that this guy started a problem in his new city way too quickly after stirring up such a mess in his old one. He's a head case, plain and simple.

JiffyMix88
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
That'd be a sick team.

Yes you would think that team is sick by looking at the team ft% after every game

thenaj17
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
its a pity kobe has never tried his b.s with ron artest.

Some will say its because " he respects his game"

I say its because the coward knows if he goes against ROn the next thing he will know is his teeth are 4 streets away.

No, it's because besides himself, Kobe knows Artest is the only 1 who plays with fire in his belly every single game.

king4day
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm not saying LA should do this since Howard is one of a kind, but with Mike D'Antoni's system, I wonder how LA would do with Brook Lopez and Humphries, amongst other things for Howard and maybe even Pau (though this would require them to trade for Joe Johnson and I don't see that happening).

Humphries could give the energy plays that Marion did for the Suns. Unless LA wants to risk losing Howard for nothing, maybe trading him for pieces that fit the system a bit better would make sense. Lopez can pick and pop as well as roll I'm sure.

Lopez, Humphries, take back contract they LA isn't happy with, Brooks, future 1sts

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Kobe doesn't care about the team. Just stats, beating MJ at everything, etc.

JasonJohnHorn
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Kobe is going to retire a Laker. If anything Dwight is 1/2 way out the door.

The Buss family has no loyalty. They would trade Kobe in a second if they knew it meant keeping Dwight. That is why they traded Shaq, to keep the younger player that they could build around. The onyl problem is Kobe's no trade clause. He can veto any trade he wants.

Dankster
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Kobe has always had issues with teammates. He's such a competitor and alpha male, he reminds me a lot of Jordan in the sense that both of them had several altercations with teammates throughout their careers.

I didn't think their personalities would mesh well once the trade happened. If they start going on a winning streak however, a lot of this stuff will die down.

king4day
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Here's another trade idea:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxsamtf

Plus, the Cavs give LA their unprotected first for this year.

Of course this would hinge on Howard resigning. He would be dumb not to recognize the potential of he and Irving.

Dade County
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I can see Howard walking to the HEAT.

He would have to sign for the 1year cheap, then sign a big contract next off season... The only way the HEAT can pull this off, is if they get that china/japan money, by signing big endorsement deals, to pay off that NBA Tax.

I actually think that the Lakers will be fine this season. I still see them making the WCF or the Finals ( the script writers can't fool me ).

TheIlladelph16
Not sure if I believe any report coming out of the Lakers camp these days. I tend to take any report like this with a grain of salt, but if this is true, it pretty clear Dwight is going to consider other offers to play elsewhere after the season.

fredv
At this point the Lakers would keep Dwight over Kobe.

That's why I'm sure he'll stay in LA.

Kobe will either retire or he'll be traded.

Hellcrooner
The Buss family has no loyalty. They would trade Kobe in a second if they knew it meant keeping Dwight. That is why they traded Shaq, to keep the younger player that they could build around. The onyl problem is Kobe's no trade clause. He can veto any trade he wants.

there is a way to keep howard and get rid of Kobe.

Trade Nash, Pau, artest for expirings and picks.

AMNESTY kobe.

Tadah they ahve all the capspace in the world to sign howard back go for Cp3 and then still have capspace for deep 2014 f.A

but they wont have the balls to do it.

Dankster
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
^^@ Fredv Why would Kobe retire, he's having one of the best seasons in his career at 34 years old?

I do agree though that if they don't start winning soon, one of those 2 will be shipped out. Probably 2 out of 3 will be gone when factoring gasol as well.

Mr_Jones
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Untrue story

xxplayerxx23
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
1- what do you expect them to come out and say yeah me and Kobe got into a altercation? Or almost did.
2- I'd kill Kobe, 7 ****ing shots after he grabbed 26 boards get the man the ball!

xxplayerxx23
01-07-2013, 11:41 AM

He would have to sign for the 1year cheap, then sign a big contract next off season... The only way the HEAT can pull this off, is if they get that china/japan money, by signing big endorsement deals, to pay off that NBA Tax.

I actually think that the Lakers will be fine this season. I still see them making the WCF or the Finals ( the script writers can't fool me ).

:laugh: leave this thread and never come back.

YEDN90
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
:laugh: leave this thread and never come back.

:clap:

yankeesown69
01-07-2013, 11:58 AM

This guy is actually serious?
FOH

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Howard won't be a laker for long

sp1derm00
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Howard won't be a laker for long

No, I expect he won't.

I hope he won't. I really cannot stand this guy, and I would put up with fully rebuilding from scratch over having him as our franchise player after Kobe. He's not a winner, competitor, or leader.

I hope he makes me eat my words. I really do.

Fired-Up
01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Not exactly surprised. Kobe Bryant wants to win. He is a big douche about it. Dwight Howard shows up to NBA games like its a game with your boys at the rec league. Dwight is definitely the guy you would wanna hang out with. Kobe Bryant is just a professional.

Conflicting personality.

Jiggy2maHeat
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
No, I expect he won't.

I hope he won't. I really cannot stand this guy, and I would put up with fully rebuilding from scratch over having him as our franchise player after Kobe. He's not a winner, competitor, or leader.

I hope he makes me eat my words. I really do.

No one knows exactly what the problem is but i'll try. two things I have in mind, first only a few teams has a chance to beat the Lakers if Howard is taking more than 20 shots (considering the talent around him) but every team has a chance when Kobe does. Secondly, most superstars know how to tame their ego and take a step back when there is another young super star on their team (Wade, Duncan, David Robinson) Kobe is selfish by nature and he is in denial that Howard is better than him and he is out to prove to everyone that he's the "man" rather than do what will be in the best interest of the team (let things run through Howard). Since Howard has been with the Lakers, he's taken less than 10 shots in a lot of games. That's a travesty. You have two guys (Nash and Howard) who have ran things for their teams successfully over the years and Kobe won't even defer to them when he's on the court. Imagine Howard, Gasol and Nash on the same team (regardless of coach) that team will be above .500 by itself.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
If I pulled down 26 boards in the game and only got to take 7 damn shot in 41 minutes I'd be pissed. Like I said before no reason Kobe should be taking 26 shots on a team with those people surrounding him. To the Laker fans saying we wouldn't have the record we have now if not for Kobe. How do you know that? Did you see all scenarios and how they would work out already. Kobe has yet to sacrifice anything this season. He is still playing at an elite lvl offensively not defensively. It's not hard to be that good offensively taking 22 shots a game.

gotoHcarolina52
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM

This!

or, if not, then

this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wq2p3z

Jiggy2maHeat
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
If I pulled down 26 boards in the game and only got to take 7 damn shot in 41 minutes I'd be pissed. Like I said before no reason Kobe should be taking 26 shots on a team with those people surrounding him. To the Laker fans saying we wouldn't have the record we have now if not for Kobe. How do you know that? Did you see all scenarios and how they would work out already. Kobe has yet to sacrifice anything this season. He is still playing at an elite lvl offensively not defensively. It's not hard to be that good offensively taking 22 shots a game.

Maybe that's because of some of his 4th quarter made shots when they are behind, those folks forget that he may be the reason they fell behind to start with. But let's all be honest here, if Howard took 7 shots in the game how is that Kobe's fault? You're blaming the wrong person here because ultimately it's the coach's decision on how the offense is ran.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Maybe that's because of some of his 4th quarter made shots when they are behind, those folks forget that he may be the reason they fell behind to start with. But let's all be honest here, if Howard took 7 shots in the game how is that Kobe's fault? You're blaming the wrong person here because ultimately it's the coach's decision on how the offense is ran.

We all know Kobe has a say in how that team is ran if that wasn't the case Mike Brown would still be the coach.

AIRMAR72
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM

look,NOBODY likes tobe I meant kobe as a person on the laker team this IS the 4th incident between tobe and dwight so this is OLD news, Ron had to give IT to kobe landing a knuckle sandwich to tobe's mouth couple yrs ago like Ive said before they(Laker team) dont MIX THERE is no chemistry water and oil dont mix

Jiggy2maHeat
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
This!

or, if not, then

Chris Bosh and James Jones for Dwight Howard.

AIRMAR72
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Untrue story

nobody likes the truth brah imagine you being Howard having somone address(talking to you) like your some punk from the street just because you won 5rings and blah blah dosent give you the right to talk anyone in that fashion ANY man with BALLS is not going FOR THAT rubbish kobe(fake leader) needs to chill-out and understand he's not MJ, trying to verbally bully his teammates beside todays players in the league are not having it

Jiggy2maHeat
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
nobody likes the truth brah imagine you being Howard having somone address(talking to you) like your some punk from the street just because you won 5rings and blah blah dosent give you the right to talk anyone in that fashion ANY man with BALLS is not going FOR THAT rubbish kobe(fake leader) needs to chill-out and understand he's not MJ, trying to verbally bully his teammates beside todays players in the league are not having it

You've something against Kobe?

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
First off, Dwight isnt going to Brooklyn, that ship has sailed and the Nets love Lopez. While Dwight is a great center, hes underperformed big time this season, if the Lakers wanted to trade with BK the Nets wouldnt be giving up that much.

Especially since Lopez has been playing at an all star level. Why would we send Crash as well?

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
This!

or, if not, then

believe it or not. I can actually see that happening. But **** that roster would have to be cut to 12 somehow and D'Antoni only plays 8. :laugh2:

Dade County
01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
This!

Get it done.... Pat!

The way that trades go down in the nba these days... HEAT would not have to give up Bosh, don't blame me, blame GM's.

leftymo
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Ah, the source was NY Daily News... might as well be TMZ or national enquirer...

LA daily news? Diff story.

Seriously, does the new york media actually do any work? Most of their scandals are borderline comedy.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Heat fans :facepalm:

WAYNEBO
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Kobie is the biggest d|ckhead on the planet. However, until things are turned around I agree there shouldn't be any kidding around, laughing good timez with anybody. If they were cruising, there's nuthin wrong with enjoying life and being a goofball.

Unfortunately Dwightmare may never the same... A 7ft. (After-Injury) T-Mac. By AS weekend, the LakeShow will figure this out and trade him for something before we walks. The Nets will take the bait line and sinker on this one. LOL

rockbottom2010
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
shaq and kobe v2.0......i smell a trade...i knew this was gonna happen

shep33
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
This has been refuted again by Ramona Shelburne, who is pretty close to the team.

Shlumpledink
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Other sources from within the lakers (more than one) have said this is not true and that it flat out did not happen.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
It's always going to be someones word over another. There is no way to know who is telling the truth none of us were there.

shep33
01-07-2013, 01:41 PM
It's always going to be someones word over another. There is no way to know who is telling the truth none of us were there.

Kinda weird how the media across the country picks up on this before LA writers do though.

Report came out of New York.

CityofTreez
01-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Babylon is crippling....

Avenged
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Call em out, Colby! IF Dwight can't handle criticism then L.A is not the place for him.

Teeboy1487
01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
It wouldn't be LA without any drama.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Kinda weird how the media across the country picks up on this before LA writers do though.

Oh yeah I forgot reporters only have sources in the state they report in. I can't believe I thought they had sources in other areas in the nation

CityofTreez
01-07-2013, 01:58 PM

Just proves LA writers are some of the worst.

When I stayed in Long Beach when I was younger, I'd read Andrade & Bill Plashky articles on the regular. When the Lakers were great, and the writers still blew.

Jiggy2maHeat
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
It wouldn't be LA without any drama.

Big market problems. New York, L.A and Chicago can't afford to go on a 2 game losing streak or else questions will be raised about chemistry.

shep33
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah I forgot reporters only have sources in the state they report in. I can't believe I thought they had sources in other areas in the nation

I love the title of the article... it instantly creates a rumor with no legs that Dwight might come to Brooklyn still.

Stefan Bondy wrote this article, doesn't he write just about everything about the Nets?

shep33
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Just proves LA writers are some of the worst.

When I stayed in Long Beach when I was younger, I'd read Andrade & Bill Plashky articles on the regular. When the Lakers were great, and the writers still blew.

Nah we have some good writers, Stefan Bondy wrote this article. I can name a lot of LA writers better than this dude.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Especially since Lopez has been playing at an all star level. Why would we send Crash as well?

It's all nonsense anyway.

The Nets are not giving up more than Brook and a possible 1st. We're not dismantling this team for a star that's not healthy and underperforming. I don't even want to trade Brook, personally.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
If it was true I could deff see the reports that's its false from within the lakers and guys like Jarrod R (Dwight PR puppet) just being the clean up crew trying to sweep it under the rug cause its obviously not a good look for the team or the players reps ....

With that said its all he said she said BS and we will never know what of it is true or not

RLundi
01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I love it all.

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I love the title of the article... it instantly creates a rumor with no legs that Dwight might come to Brooklyn still.

Stefan Bondy wrote this article, doesn't he write just about everything about the Nets?

stefan bondy is anti-nets... he kills everything they do...and he killed them for the whole dwightmare saga... I highly doubt he would stir that pot with no legs

noodle
01-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Chris childs is somewhere laughing is *** off.

bucketss
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
its a sinking ship and im loving every moment of it.

SirSkyHook
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
It's funny how half the people on here are scared this is true and the other half are praying this is true, lol. To the ones praying this is true im lmfao at you. Do you know how scared you look, lol. Everyone knows that if this team figures it out they will be extremely strong contenders for the ring, but it's funny that many posters praying this falls apart dont even know theyer showing a lack of confidence in ther on team lol.

I dont really care if this is true or if Dwights walks. He's grown cold on me since November. He's not a championship type player so far imo. He's to mentally weak for my taste.

People call Gasol soft and mentally weak, but damn Dwight takes that to another level :facepalm:

shep33
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
stefan bondy is anti-nets... he kills everything they do...and he killed them for the whole dwightmare saga... I highly doubt he would stir that pot with no legs

every article he writes is nets related

CityofTreez
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Nah we have some good writers, Stefan Bondy wrote this article. I can name a lot of LA writers better than this dude.

Comparing NY writers to LA writers is nothing different. Big media outlets would rather cover the negative news, both these outlets love this approach. You even said it..."stirring the pot" is what they are focused on primarily.

I guess that applies to most media, but its no joke in Tinseltown. They may have improved, but LA media transformed Kobe into what he is today. Arrogant, and not scared to say what's on his mind. You can't get any worse than Adande back in the day. Kobe's favorite writer drops the "Kobe wants out of LA" articles and creating the monster. LA media just magnifies negativity instead of focusing on the positive.

But good thing....they're getting better.

SirSkyHook
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Chris childs is somewhere laughing is *** off.

You mean the guy who threw two quick punch's and jogged backwards into his teammates and the refs away from the guy on hot pursuit on his arse? That guy is luaghing? :eyebrow:

This generation is crazy. A guy hit and run and he's tuff stuff :facepalm: Growing up if i pulled that crap and my parents found out about that crap, when my dad was done with me he would take me that the kids house and give him a fair fight, and he'll tell me win or lose i have more respect for a man who stands his ground.

This generations jumps you or shoots you, ****ing cowards, and whats worse is people like you applaud this behavior :facepalm:

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
every article he writes is nets related

because he's the nets beat writer for the daily news.... that's his job

bucketss
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
It's funny how half the people on here are scared this is true and the other half are praying this is true, lol. To the ones praying this is true im lmfao at you. Do you know how scared you look, lol. Everyone knows that if this team figures it out they will be extremely strong contenders for the ring, but it's funny that many posters praying this falls apart dont even know theyer showing a lack of confidence in ther on team lol.

I dont really care if this is true or if Dwights walks. He's grown cold on me since November. He's not a championship type player so far imo. He's to mentally weak for my taste.

People call Gasol soft and mentally weak, but damn Dwight takes that to another level :facepalm:

some people just really hate the lakers my team isn't even in contention so im not scared of that.

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
You guys actually believe this story? :facepalm:

Does that even sound like something Dwight would do?? Opposing players can't even get Dwight flip.

actually, yes it does.
he's immature and has been displaying that all throughout his career.

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM

if your specialty is boards and blocks, and you suck at offense, you should be more than happy that you're excelling at what you do best.
having an offensively inept player force up shots is that last thing a struggling team needs.

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM

no thanks, don't want the headcase dwight on our team.

bucketss
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
You mean the guy who threw two quick punch's and jogged backwards into his teammates and the refs away from the guy on hot pursuit on his arse? That guy is luaghing? :eyebrow:

This generation is crazy. A guy hit and run and he's tuff stuff :facepalm: Growing up if i pulled that crap and my parents found out about that crap, when my dad was done with me he would take me that the kids house and give him a fair fight, and he'll tell me win or lose i have more respect for a man who stands his ground.

This generations jumps you or shoots you, ****ing cowards, and whats worse is people like you applaud this behavior :facepalm:

lololollolol kobe gave him a girly elbow than backed up a little so chris gave some jabs chris bumped into shaq than the ref jumped in the middle as kobe fired off the most girly looking swings i have ever seen. kobe fans will protect kobe in anything possible:facepalm:

bucketss
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM

:facepalm:

shep33
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
because he's the nets beat writer for the daily news.... that's his job

Which is my point

Alayla
01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Get real people this is dwight howard we are talking about he isn't soft he's hurt there is a huge differnce

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM

You can't have him.

xxplayerxx23
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Rain 816
01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
dwight would whoop Kobes ***...lol.

blystr2002
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Can Kobe be too intense and a jerk sometimes? Absolutely, but he wins titles and has ridiculous standards and work ethic and it makes him a winner. Dwight is a baby who as been able to do whatever he wants and never pushed. This might make him better in the long run.

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Which is my point

so what are you implying?

nickdymez
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM

lmfao.. What? :facepalm:

Byronicle
01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if this was true. Listening to Kobe bad mouth his team, calling his team mates soft i.e. Pau Gasol

How come some posters believe this is just the media trying to "stir the pot"? This is what Kobe has done in the past and he is doing it again now. First with Pau Gasol and then now rumoured to have done it to Dwight Howard

Lakers trade Kobe and his shooting for someone like Harden and I believe they would be a much better team chemistry wise

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2013, 04:24 PM

:facepalm:

Zefflin
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
At bryon: gasol IS soft, that's an understatment. Settle down there drama boy.

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Kobe wants no parts of Howard. I remember Chris Childs beating the breaks off of him

nickdymez
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Kobe wants no parts of Howard. I remember Chris Childs beating the breaks off of him

By "breaks", you mean punching him and running?

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
No disrespect Lakers fans but anything that leads to Dwight coming to Atlanta to play with his friend Smith, I'm rooting for. So I am enjoying this in a weird way.

Byronicle
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
At bryon: gasol IS soft, that's an understatment. Settle down there drama boy.

my bad internet tough guy

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
By "breaks", you mean punching him and running?

He rocked him twice and Kobe was leaning back like the Fat Joe song.

wizardsfan3
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
BRECK ‏@breck_one

I'm reading reports that @kobebryant and @DwightHoward got into a heated exchange last night.
Expand

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

@breck_one not true chief. I keep it 100

He then deleted the tweet.

Andrew32
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Now Dwight understands what Shaq went through.

Kobe has always bad mouthed teammates while rarely taking accountability for his own issues or poor play and has always thought it is ok to dominate the ball on offense for long periods of time even when he is on a team with other actual good players.

Kobe has had an impressive offensive season but the way he is playing now is not best for the Lakers from a winning perspective.

They need a balanced offense.

wizardsfan3
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

The mamba vs d12 !! It's on lol pic.twitter.com/cZQO5Avf

That should shut up this rumor hahahahahah

DoMeFavors
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
honestly I wouldnt trade Lopez for Dwight now, Lopez is playing like the best center in the league. Lopez is having a break out season and can only get better.

Andrew32
01-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

The mamba vs d12 !! It's on lol pic.twitter.com/cZQO5Avf

That should shut up this rumor hahahahahah
Haha that is funny.
Kobe looks alittle scared.

Why does Dwight have half his shirt off tho? :eyebrow:

wizardsfan3
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Haha that is funny.

hahaha do not ask me!

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Haha that is funny.

thats an ice pack with an ace bandage wrapped around his shoulder

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM

Maybe because it was the room to ice his shoulder and Kobe prob told him to get up to take that picture.

JayW_1023
01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Two wrongs make no right. That's all I have to say about that.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
http://instagram.com/p/UMmlu7qi6D/

lol, shut this rumor down.

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2013, 05:21 PM

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/van-gundy-howard.jpg

Doesn't mean the rumors isn't true. Remember this scene

Andrew32
01-07-2013, 05:22 PM

Good point.

Dwight actually looks kind of angry in that training room pic I am not sure if he was joking around or not.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Good point.

Dwight actually looks kind of angry in that training room pic I am not sure if he was joking around or not.

are you serious? lol

Andrew32
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
are you serious? lol

Nope.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Nope.

Whew lol, I'm having a tough time telling with some posters in the NBA forum these days

el hidalgo
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
i hope the dwight's comments about now getting along and this story to be the start of an era where all teams just troll the media constantly. i for one would find that hilarious, and im sure the players get tired as hell of the media. just troll 'em

LakersSaintsLSU
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM

THANK YOU i just posted this and an angry Celt fan closed it!!! HAHAHAHa

LakersSaintsLSU
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM

Dude kobe dosent "Play" buddy buddy with you if he dosen't like you

krisxsong
01-07-2013, 05:43 PM

That isn't true.

Just because you want to fight a guy doesn't mean you are mentally weak. Who knows what Kobe said to him? We know that he at least called Dwight soft, if he said anything more I wouldn't be shocked if half the NBA players would go after him as well.

Michael Jordan sure as hell wouldn't take that and i don't you'd call him mentally weak.

Andrew32
Dude kobe dosent "Play" buddy buddy with you if he dosen't like you

O rly???

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kobe-Bryant-Smush-Parker.jpg

:p

krisxsong

Do you think there's any chance the Lakers told these two to shut down the rumors somehow so they took this picture?

I mean, did reporters REALLY just make up the WHOLE story, based off nothing?

Bruno
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/288389228960829442/photo/1

:laugh2: you're all getting trolled so hard. do some homework.

shep33
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Can we close this now?

LakersSaintsLSU
01-07-2013, 05:45 PM
O rly???

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kobe-Bryant-Smush-Parker.jpg

:p

:facepalm: You just elected yourself for troll of the year...and the year isnt even over yet

Andrew32
01-07-2013, 05:47 PM
:facepalm: You just elected yourself for troll of the year...and the year isnt even over yet
There is nothing Trolling about that pic of my logic.

You can play buddy buddy with someone that doesn't mean past tensions or issues haven't existed or that future ones may not either.

Maybe all this Dwight / Kobe tension is a media fabrication but based on things both D12 and Kobe have said recently I doubt it is.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Closing because it seems to be a non-issue now and this thread seems like it's about to go into the shitters.

king4day
01-07-2013, 05:59 PM

He was just the first to get to it. It could have been handled better, but it's just a pic. Simply adding it to this thread would have been enough.