PDA

View Full Version : Celtics on verge of blockbuster?

Pages : [1] 2

AllAbout18
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Boston released two players today, setting themselves up for a potential blockbuster trade, here is what A. Sherrod Blakely said:
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#Celticstalk: The #Celtics decision to waive Vernado AND Joseph, opens the door for what one league source says may be a "blockbuster" deal.
#Celticstalk: The name that keeps coming up with everyone I speak with about the #Celtics and trades, is #Kings stud DeMarcus Cousins.

Ryan328
01-06-2013, 09:31 PM
It's gonna be cousins

Aleksandar
01-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Cousins to Boston? Didn't expect that!

Sactown
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Interesting because the only person in SAC who wants to trade DeMarcus is the Petrie, but the Maloofs won't let him, and are firing him at the end of the season.. Petrie has informed everyone he is not on the trading block, and he is staying in Sacramento.

GunFactor187
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't see them getting it done without a 3rd or 4th team.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
I doubt it. Boston is not one to make exciting deals. Plus, they don't have much to offer for Cousins, unless Sacramento is really stupid. They just need to sign Kenyon Martin, and call it a day.

thechom80
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
There are rumblings about a CLE/MIN trade centered around Varejao and Pek. Could there be something huge in the making here??

Cal827
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
So, how long until we call Sacremento's front office dumb as s**t for Trading Cousins?

rocket
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Cousins is going to be a stud in Boston. This time not a head case.

Forever35
I doubt it. Boston is not one to make exciting deals. Plus, they don't have much to offer for Cousins, unless Sacramento is really stupid. They just need to sign Kenyon Martin, and call it a day.

Maybe I'm in the minority :rolleyes:, but I think the KG deal was pretty exciting... :D

Corey

Huh?

Did Ainge not trade for KG and Allen a few years back? Did they not trade Perk to get Jeff Green?

Ainge isn't afraid to make a big trade.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Huh?

Did Ainge not trade for KG and Allen a few years back? Did they not trade Perk to get Jeff Green?

Ainge isn't afraid to make a big trade.Okay, but that was a while back. Who would Sacramento want? If they're lying to strategize and are willing to trade Cousins, they're gonna want a lot more than Boston can offer.

Ryan328
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I'd have to think its C's kings and maybe another team or 2....wolves cavs?

heyman321
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Cousins for Fab Melo and Fillers, Boston will get ripped off.

Kyben36
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM

????, what, Kevin Garnet wasnt exciting ???. Ray allen wasnt exciting. they put the original Big 3 together through a series of exciting moves.

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
any info on who sac will get though?

akagiredsuns
01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Kings brass says Cousins is not going anywhere. Don't make assumptions without proof. #Celtics Talk what is that?

Mishmin
01-06-2013, 09:50 PM

this is a joke right?

69centers
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Kings brass says Cousins is not going anywhere. Don't make assumptions without proof. #Celtics Talk what is that?

The quotes/tweets are from the Celtics inside reporter, A. Sherrod Blakely. He works for Comcast Sportsnet and is a reliable source.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
this is a joke right?They haven't made a big trade in years. Really don't know why everybody's eyes are spinning.

kingsdelez24
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
He's been putting up 22 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 assists in his last five... he's not going anywhere unless Ainge gives them Rondo, 8 unprotected picks, and Ainge personally blows Geoff Petrie under his desk as filler to the trade

69centers
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm peeing my pants in anticipation of what this could be.

reffahead
01-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Boston probably "gives up" Sullinger, 2013 pick, Melo, Bradley. But then again, I don't see why they would need to release those guys to get it done.

Mishmin
They haven't made a big trade in years. Really don't know why everybody's eyes are spinning.

GMs don't make blockbuster trades every year. But 2 out of 5 seasons is a pretty high rate if you ask me. Now potentially 3 out of 6.

Mr_Jones

Ray Allen... Kevin Garnett.. In a Summer... It's happened before.

LAcowBOMBER
01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
They haven't made a big trade in years. Really don't know why everybody's eyes are spinning.

1. You can't make a big move every year

2. You said the FO isn't known to make big moves when they clearly have in the past with KG, Allen, and trading Perkins. Those are bigger moves than a lot of other teams' moves in that time

BradytoGronkTD
01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm peeing my pants in anticipation of what this could be.

Celtics will probably end up signing chinese legend Stephon Marbury

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
If anything is happening i'm expecting it at earliest 15th. Can't see a deal being done that doesn't include Bass or Green.

This is just anticipation in case anything huge happens.

Blakely is the only one reporting anything and he isn't the best with news. He said mayo/allen was a done deal last year. I'm skeptical

Aleksandar
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM

Mishmin
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Celtics will probably end up signing chinese legend Stephon Marbury

hahah

LakersMaster24
What if the Lakers are involved in all of this? haha

69centers
If anything is happening i'm expecting it at earliest 15th. Can't see a deal being done that doesn't include Bass or Green.

This is just anticipation in case anything huge happens.

Blakely is the only one reporting anything and he isn't the best with news. He said mayo/allen was a done deal last year. I'm skeptical

Doc Rivers called Ray Allen and told him it was a done deal. That deal was going to go down, and you can't blame Blakely for it not going through. He's a reliable source.

Forever35
01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Holy crap! What if Minnesota is trying to get Cousins, with Varejao going to Boston and Pekovic to Sac?

I don't want that immature prick in Minn, than again, he's talented enough to make a blast.. Just don't know what to think...

OK then, I'll take that immature priick in Boston... :D

DoMeFavors
01-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass will probably be delt

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Vince Galloway ‏@Vince_Galloway
#RUMORED TRADE: Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcia to Celtics.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

this guy has 8000+ followers so judge it however you want

wtf is sacramento doing? Cousins with Thornton and Robinson? ****. keep Robinson and take bass lol. we'll take thompson!

69centers
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
"Sources close to nbaonnbc.com confirm that Danny Ainge is working to complete a deal to bring Cousins to Boston, tonight."

Link (http://www.nbaonnbc.com/profile/PatrickGilroy?xg_source=activity)

I'm not so sure on this NBC radio source, as he's saying Ainge is working on a deal tonight, but also saying Green is involved, but Green can't be dealt until Jan. 15th.

Lala'sBooty
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
found this online: http://www.knicksfix.com/buzz.html

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass will probably be delt
:pray:

Mishmin
01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Vince Galloway ‏@Vince_Galloway
#RUMORED TRADE: Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcia to Celtics.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

this guy has 8000+ followers so judge it however you want

wtf is sacramento doing? Cousins with Thornton and Robinson? ****. keep Robinson and take bass lol. we'll take thompson!

holy ****

Lala'sBooty
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
"The Boston Celtics made quiet news today in the NBA, but this news could lead to something much larger. The Celtics announced today that they have waived Kris Joseph and Jarvis Varnado. This opens the door for a potential blockbuster trade.

Danny Ainge and the Celtics front office have been known to covet Kings big man Demarcus Cousins, who is reportedly on the trading block. The Celtics have been in trade discussions with the Kings these past few weeks." - knicksfix.com

LakersMaster24
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
No way this is possible...just too good for the Lakers...we basically trade Pau for an awesome bench...

Way too good.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
No way this is possible...just too good for the Lakers...we basically trade Pau for an awesome bench...

Way too good.That's what I'm saying.

Aleksandar
01-06-2013, 10:19 PM

Way too good.

Every Lakers trade is way too good LOL

LakersMaster24
01-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Every Lakers trade is way too good LOL

:laugh2: True.

Lakers fans are desperate at this point, we expect something like Pau for Chuck Hayes + 2nd Round Pick LOL. This would sweet.

kobe4thewinbang
If this trade happens, and D'Antoni still bombs the season or playoffs, he's gone with that stacked bench.

Lala'sBooty
knicksfix.com-
"Update: Hearing from sources - a possible trade of Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcis to Celtics
"

This website is reporting the trade scenario. doesn't say where its source is coming from. very broussard like lol

rocket
It looks like a good trade for all 3 teams. And **** the Lakers, they always get a bunch of good players for an aging bum.

LakersMaster24
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
it looks like a good trade for all 3 teams. And **** the lakers, they always get a bunch of good players for an aging bum.

Sorry :D

Wish the Lions were the same...

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
They have no pieces for Cousins. Jeff Green and Bradley isn't that enticing of a piece for the Kings IMO, especially for the type of players the Kings can get for Cousins. Unless Rondo is going that way.

joseph aka Jman
Sorry :D

Wish the Lions were the same...

make that 2 brotha

rocket
Damn man. The Kings are getting A LOT of good pieces, kings fans should be ecstatic.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
They have no pieces for Cousins. Jeff Green isn't that enticing of a piece for the Kings IMO, especially for the type of players the Kings can get for Cousins. Unless Rondo is going that way.I think Rondo would have a nervous breakdown if he got traded.

rocket
01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
They have no pieces for Cousins. Jeff Green isn't that enticing of a piece for the Kings IMO, especially for the type of players the Kings can get for Cousins. Unless Rondo is going that way.

Do you not see what the Kings are getting?

bofakop
01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
knicksfix.com-
"Update: Hearing from sources - a possible trade of Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcis to Celtics
"

This website is reporting the trade scenario. doesn't say where its source is coming from. very broussard like lol

Did'nt boston just release a couple guys? this does not make sense if thats the case:confused:

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Do you not see what the Kings are getting?

The only trade offer I saw was the 3 way one. And I saw that after my post.

Lala'sBooty
01-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Did'nt boston just release a couple guys? this does not make sense if thats the case:confused:

they released guys to open up room... read the article "The Boston Celtics made quiet news today in the NBA, but this news could lead to something much larger. The Celtics announced today that they have waived Kris Joseph and Jarvis Varnado. This opens the door for a potential blockbuster trade." -knicksfix.com

also,
#Celticstalk: The #Celtics decision to waive Vernado AND Joseph, opens the door for what one league source says may be a "blockbuster" deal.

bofakop
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
they released guys to open up room... read the article "The Boston Celtics made quiet news today in the NBA, but this news could lead to something much larger. The Celtics announced today that they have waived Kris Joseph and Jarvis Varnado. This opens the door for a potential blockbuster trade." -knicksfix.com

also,

I get that..but they are trading more guys then they are getting in that trade you listed...why 2 waives on top of that??

*Silver&Black*
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I would have gave them Horford for Cousins. What is Kings doing?

Mishmin
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
I would have gave them Horford for Cousins. What is Kings doing?

grammar

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I get that..but they are trading more guys then they are getting in that trade you listed...why 2 waives on top of that??

That trade probably isn't done. By releasing them, it allows more opportunities for the deal to expand if say a team wants to dump a large contract and someone has to absorb it.

Lala'sBooty
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM

More roster spots...

kblo247
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Rondo traded. I would not be shocked to see that happen as he isn't a superstar like they expected simply because he can't anchor an O.

A out the blue trade would be Pau for Paul as well.

I don't expect Cousins to be dealt to anyone but the wizards tbh

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Rondo traded. I would not be shocked to see that happen as he isn't a superstar like they expected simply because he can't anchor an O.

A out the blue trade would be Pau for Paul as well.

I don't expect Cousins to be dealt to anyone but the wizards tbhAs I said, I think Rondo would have a nervous breakdown if he got traded. What'chu mean he can't anchor an offense? Huh?

*Silver&Black*
01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
grammar

Assuming the deal is going through, and all other team's offers are off the table, I'm fine with what I wrote.

Mishmin
01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
haha touché

bofakop
01-06-2013, 10:46 PM
That trade probably isn't done. By releasing them, it allows more opportunities for the deal to expand if say a team wants to dump a large contract and someone has to absorb it.

yeah would definitely have to be adjusted some..because as is stated it would not work for tax purposes with Celts

kblo247
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM
As I said, I think Rondo would have a nervous breakdown if he got traded. What'chu mean he can't anchor an offense? Huh?

Well Romdo has been on the block every year but the team was winning. I mean he isn't aggressive enough which is why they can't score. With Allen gone. Hey need O and Rondo refuses to look to score, he's unselfish to the point of being selfish so to speak

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM
yeah would definitely have to be adjusted some..because as is stated it would not work for tax purposes with CeltsLove your sig. :clap:

bofakop
01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Love your sig. :clap:

:D out of any 2 guys in the NBA ..never thought these 2 would get along as well as they do;)

Bob_at_york
01-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Boston probably "gives up" Sullinger, 2013 pick, Melo, Bradley. But then again, I don't see why they would need to release those guys to get it done.

that is the part that confuses me. If Boston is getting the best player in the deal, I feel they would be giving up more roster players in the deal. Why did they release players?

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 10:55 PM
this. If it is cousins for example, he's making 4ish mil. the celtics are going to have to take on additional players to match salaries.

sully/bradley are very nice pieces along with Pau and a first? throw in tyreke isiah, thompson it's not too shabby. they should defiantly keep T-Rob though

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
It ain't Cousins. Best believe the Roxs will attempt to cockblock this deal.

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
that is the part that confuses me. If Boston is getting the best player in the deal, I feel they would be giving up more roster players in the deal. Why did they release players?
Boston is probably moving one of Bass/Green/Lee and either is already more than Cousins salary. More pieces will be needed

we don't even know if this is for cousins, there's been like 1 source

bofakop
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
yeah would definitely have to be adjusted some..because as is stated it would not work for tax purposes with Celts

May have answered my own ??... by releasing those 2 ... the money may actually work out in the initial trade:o

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Celtics, Kings and Lakers I heard with Pau going to the Kings can't find a link.

Bob_at_york
01-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Celtics, Kings and Lakers I heard with Pau going to the Kings can't find a link.

if this was true, wouldn't they pull Pau from the game? Kindof risky having him out there right now when he could get hurt.

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:03 PM

one of the guys posted this on Knicks board

[uRumor: Potential Blockbuster for Celtics?

The Boston Celtics made quiet news today in the NBA, but this news could lead to something much larger. The Celtics announced today that they have waived Kris Joseph and Jarvis Varnado. This opens the door for a potential blockbuster trade.

Danny Ainge and the Celtics front office have been known to covet Kings big man Demarcus Cousins, who is reportedly on the trading block. The Celtics have been in trade discussions with the Kings these past few weeks.

Update: Hearing a possible trade of Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcis to Celtics

rl]http://www.knicksfix.com/buzz.html:D[/url]

c.c.
01-06-2013, 11:05 PM
The Celtics don't have nothing that the Kingss might need though, I don't see this happening

69centers
01-06-2013, 11:06 PM
The Celtics don't have nothing that the Kingss might need though, I don't see this happening

We don't have to. It's most likely going to be a multi team deal, so as long as the Kings make out from other teams, too, it can work.

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM

The Boston Celtics made quiet news today in the NBA, but this news could lead to something much larger. The Celtics announced today that they have waived Kris Joseph and Jarvis Varnado. This opens the door for a potential blockbuster trade.

Danny Ainge and the Celtics front office have been known to covet Kings big man Demarcus Cousins, who is reportedly on the trading block. The Celtics have been in trade discussions with the Kings these past few weeks.

Update: Hearing a possible trade of Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcis to Celtics

Yeah this is what I heard if The Lakers get T. Rob and Thornton :faint: that's rape!!

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 11:10 PM
if this was true, wouldn't they pull Pau from the game? Kindof risky having him out there right now when he could get hurt.
Doubt it gets done soon

c.c.
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM

Jason Terry got that Celtics tattoo like he Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, or Rondo lol #fail

Bob_at_york
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Doubt it gets done soon

then why are the celtics dropping players? If it isn't happening in the next 24-48 hours than they wouldn't need to drop them. If it is the suggested deal, why risk Pau screwing up the whole deal? That deal can't be right. Could still be for Cousins but can't include Pau.

ThunderousDemon
01-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Pierce will be traded.

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
If you're the Kings what does Boston have to offer for you? If it's not Rondo what can you give them? Sullinger, Terry?

They are not taking Pierce's 16M so get that out of your head.

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
If DMC gets traded I wish either The Celtics or Spurs, Him learning from KG or Duncan, Having a coach like Doc or Pop & a PG like Tony or Rondo :jumpy: he'll get his **** together at either place.

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:16 PM
If you're the Kings what does Boston have to offer for you? If it's not Rondo what can you give them? Sullinger, Terry?

Lakers maybe in the trade and the Kings will get Pau.

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
then why are the celtics dropping players? If it isn't happening in the next 24-48 hours than they wouldn't need to drop them. If it is the suggested deal, why risk Pau screwing up the whole deal? That deal can't be right. Could still be for Cousins but can't include Pau.

they were non guaranteed contracts..would have to be dropped by monday night anyway..for what thats worth

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Lakers maybe in the trade and the Kings will get him.

Kings will get who?

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Kings will get who?

Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry & picks.

PAOboston
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
i call pure bs.

1. i believe th3 c's can't trade bass/lee/terry/green before the jan 15th due to the cba.

2. why would the c's cut 2 players, trade 3 players, and get back only 2?

lemme know when someone like wojo says something.

Stunner
01-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Most of the people posting " they can't get them this trade is stupid " are just saying that because they don't want a certain team to gain anything .

c.c.
01-06-2013, 11:20 PM
We don't have to. It's most likely going to be a multi team deal, so as long as the Kings make out from other teams, too, it can work.

I guess man but I wouldn't want nobody besides Rondo and maybe Green. The other two are old. The rest of the team are role players and unproven players but that's just my opinion, no disrespect to your team. That's a plus for the Celtics, giving up them kind of players and receiving a player like Demarcus Cousins

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
If the trade goes down Lakers will be so damn good but the coaching will still suck, Celtics will be good in the future with Rondo & DMC and the Kings will be :shrug:

Bob_at_york
they were non guaranteed contracts..would have to be dropped by monday night anyway..for what thats worth

they had to be dropped by monday? I did not know that. If that is true then I don't think a blockbuster is coming. I think this is a huge over-reaction by a sportswriter.

jmoney85
you have to be an utter moron to think cousins will be going to boston... they have literally nothing to give

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM

And the Lakers get what?

Stunner
01-06-2013, 11:23 PM
And the Lakers get what?

Look through the thread

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
i call pure bs.

1. i believe th3 c's can't trade bass/lee/terry/green before the jan 15th due to the cba.

the only way the trade mentioned works..is for the Celts to drop the 2 non Guaranteed money contracts for tax purposes..and I believe Terry can be traded..... but I also agree ...need to wait til someone reputable says it.:D

ZebraCity916
01-06-2013, 11:25 PM
If this trade happens, I'll be ****in pissed!!!!!

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Finally. I hope this gets done. Time for Demarcus to show the world how good he is. He will be the best C in the game with the Celtics

Jarvo
And the Lakers get what?

Hearing a possible trade of Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcis to Celtics

calibird707
D-cousins is still growing as a player....Sac needs to keep him. Trade evans if your gonna deal somebody,maybe they can package him with Isaiah thomas,now that they have aaron brooks

pupsingh

if kings arent getting rondo they better hang up. a superstar in the making for a bunch of role players? no thanks

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
they had to be dropped by monday? I did not know that. If that is true then I don't think a blockbuster is coming. I think this is a huge over-reaction by a sportswriter.

The moves give the Celtics flexibility in two arenas:

1) Both Joseph and Varnado were playing on non-guaranteed contracts, and their waivers come prior to Monday’s 5 p.m.

http://t.co/23jOLFlv

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
If this trade happens, I'll be ****in pissed!!!!!

You should be IF it does.

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
if kings arent getting rondo they better hang up. a superstar in the making for a bunch of role players? no thanks

I don't know that Gasol is exactly a role player:D

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Hearing a possible trade of Gasol, Bradley, Sullinger, Terry, picks to Kings; Thornton, Brooks, Hayes, Robinson to Lakers; Cousins, Garcis to Celtics

it barely financially works for the Celtics. I don't see this happening. Way too many names and too many teams.

JLynn943
01-06-2013, 11:32 PM
:puke:

c.c.
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
I don't know that Gasol is exactly a role player:D

He's not but he's becoming one. T-Mac became one, Vince Carter is one now, Allen Iverson became one, Ray Allen is now one, etc. Pau Gasol is on the verge of becoming an role player, it happens to all the good players somewhere down the line.

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
it barely financially works for the Celtics. I don't see this happening. Way too many names and too many teams.

I can see it happening but will it idk.

corky831
01-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I'd love this as a celtics fan...but i really don't see this happening. I think its a lot of steam over the release of two players

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
He's not but he's becoming one. T-Mac became one, Vince Carter is one now, Allen Iverson became one, Ray Allen is now one, etc. Pau Gasol is on the verge of becoming an role player, it happens to all the good players somewhere down the line.

:( Iverson didn't realize that til now, If he did he would be on an contender now. You're right thought.

Stunner
01-06-2013, 11:37 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auh7lka

J4KOP99
01-06-2013, 11:37 PM
wrong thread

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:39 PM

I agree... thats why the grin....but not sure I would be grinning with that trade..for the Celts:( being a knick fan:speechless:

I do think Pau still has some left in tank though..just in bad situation right now.

ThunderousDemon
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM

It's only one more team? :confused:

KniCks4LiFe

you added Fab.

this is what I heard http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akcegfs

either way. I don't see this happening. Other teams aren't just sitting back to let that offer win out. The Kings getting Pau and Terry is experienced vet needed, but there's rumors they are selling the team so why do this?

i'myourdaddy
Pile of crap going to the kings, no thanks.

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:41 PM

the actual trade brought up works fine... now that Celts have dropped the 2 non guaranteed contracts:(

69centers
01-06-2013, 11:42 PM

i call pure bs.

The moves give the Celtics flexibility in two arenas:

1) Both Joseph and Varnado were playing on non-guaranteed contracts, and their waivers come prior to Monday’s 5 p.m.

http://t.co/23jOLFlv

But we are forgetting that the C's can't sign anyone into those 2 spots for a day until they clear waivers. Cutting them today as opposed to tomorrow, means the C's can go out and get temporary players on 10 day contracts starting Monday. If they waited until the dealine Monday, they would be short players for the Knicks game Monday night if the trade goes down tonight or during the day tomorrow. They wouldn't be able to sign anyone until Tuesday.

Wisdom Listens
I doubt it. Boston is not one to make exciting deals.

Like when they traded for Garnett and Allen?

KniCks4LiFe
It's only one more team? :confused:

yeh but usually 3 team trades that involve 2 teams taking on alot of guaranteed contracts, it's rare that happens. Kings are adding 26+ Million dollars to do what? I mean LA and BOS come out nice. But this is basically LA and BOS telling SAC give us Cousins and Garcia and Brooks and take $26M

jmoney85
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
so we have a 9 page thread about a trade that wasn't even rumored by 1 reputable beat writer?

you all got gassed

LoL

GunFactor187
Holy crap 384 viewing this thread! LMAO!

*Silver&Black*
Other teams aren't just sitting back to let that offer win out.

This is my thinking. You know how many teams would want to trade for a early 20s center that could become the best player at his position, maturity problems or not. If this trade wins out, I don't know what the Kings are thinking. Gasol does nothing for their future or team this season.

ThunderousDemon
yeh but usually 3 team trades that involve 2 teams taking on alot of guaranteed contracts, it's rare that happens. Kings are adding 26+ Million dollars to do what?

Maybe there is a fourth team involved, so my sources say........... via

Chris Broussard :silly:

Corey
Sports fans love rumors.

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
so we have a 9 page thread about a trade that wasn't even rumored by 1 reputable beat writer?

you all got gassed

LoL

not really...just bored tonight.. not much to talk about:D

BradytoGronkTD
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM

you all got gassed

LoL

A Sherrod Blakely is an insider for the boston celtics for comcast sportsnet. He is reputable and said that the C's decision to cut BOTH players MAY suggest that they are positioning themselves for a trade. He later brought up Demarcus Cousins as a potential target.

EDIT: Then we got gassed hahaha

bofakop
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
But we are forgetting that the C's can't sign anyone into those 2 spots for a day until they clear waivers. Cutting them today as opposed to tomorrow, means the C's can go out and get temporary players on 10 day contracts starting Monday. If they waited until the dealine Monday, they would be short players for the Knicks game Monday night if the trade goes down tonight or during the day tomorrow. They wouldn't be able to sign anyone until Tuesday.

Pretty sure the Celts would be willing to sacrifice 1 game if they could get that trade done:D

69centers
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I think they cut Varnado and Joseph a day early because they are not capable of playing against the Knicks tomorrow night, if we go down several players because of a trade. They would sign someone on a 10 day contract to fill in, which they couldn't have done unless we cut them Sunday.

The knicks game is a big one for us.

jmoney85
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
A Sherrod Blakely is an insider for the boston celtics for comcast sportsnet. He is reputable and said that the C's decision to cut BOTH players MAY suggest that they are positioning themselves for a trade. He later brought up Demarcus Cousins as a potential target.

EDIT: Then we got gassed hahaha

yea but thats not a rumor... thats just someone speculating lol

69centers
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
The Kings’ center, who has been connected to the Celtics in trade rumors for more than a month, could be on his way to Boston by Monday morning, according to a report. A source told NBAonNBC.com that Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was working to complete a deal to bring Cousins to the Celtics by the end of Sunday night.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-celtics-working-on-deal-to-bring-kings-center-demarcus-cousins-to-boston/

This NESN report is sourcing the NBC radio guy, but he says Green is involved, and if that's the case, Cousins won't be here Monday morning because Green can't be dealt until the 15th.

kblo247
01-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Have no problem with the deal for LA, but I would forever laugh at Terry for that tat

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Thinking cap is on.

Maloofs don't even know if they are going to own the team.

They are trading a franchise center in a lost season. For 2 veterans, and scrap parts and 26M added to their cap for the next 2-3 yrs.

While LA gets faster, younger, versatile and BOS gets younger.

If the Kings were to trade for a Gasol and etc. I'd think it'd be in the offseason to promote a better season next yr. Not this season when it effects the draft position.

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:57 PM
:dance:

BradytoGronkTD
yea but thats not a rumor... thats just someone speculating lol

well how do rumors start then?

Jarvo
People don't get worked up it's just a rumor.

GunFactor187
01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Any picks involved in the talks?

69centers
01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
we as a website are not predicting or promising an imminent trade. We have however confirmed previous speculation from well known and trusted sources. The Celtics have been busy and have targeted Cousins. Our only "new news" is that the potential holdup is Bradley's availablity vs. Lee's availability. Stay tuned for the latest

Link (http://www.nbaonnbc.com/)

We now have 2 sources. NBC and CSNNE. NESN was just quoting NBC's story.

celtics 34
01-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Really hope the cs keep bradley

kblo247
01-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Thinking cap is on.

Maloofs don't even know if they are going to own the team.

They are trading a franchise center in a lost season. For 2 veterans, and scrap parts and 26M added to their cap for the next 2-3 yrs.

While LA gets faster, younger, versatile and BOS gets younger.

If the Kings were to trade for a Gasol and etc. I'd think it'd be in the offseason to promote a better season next yr. Not this season when it effects the draft position.

Foreign investor to market Pau? I think that could be a reason the Kings would do it, that and he is a huge expiring next year

heyman321
01-07-2013, 12:06 AM
I hope Raptors are involved. Bargnani to Lakers, and Raptors get Cousins please hahahahha.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 12:07 AM
If the Celtics somehow get Demarcus Cousins without giving up at least Avery Bradley and other major pieces, I'm going to be pissed. Cousins is hardly a guaranteed commodity, but there are few players in the league with his upside and if they're willing to deal him, Sacramento better get a fantastic deal.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 12:08 AM
I hope Raptors are involved. Bargnani to Lakers, and Raptors get Cousins please hahahahha.

And the Kings would get...?

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Foreign investor to market Pau? I think that could be a reason the Kings would do it, that and he is a huge expiring next year

Then why effect your draft position? They ain't going nowhere this year. They don't have a franchise player after this.

BradytoGronkTD
01-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Im ok with giving up Bradley as long as we get Cousins back in return. Its what else we may have to give up, i.e. Sully/picks

corky831
01-07-2013, 12:12 AM
celtics need to keep bradley.....I really don't like the trade as a celtics fan if we are giving up Avery and Sullinger....they both have promising futures

mightybosstone
Im ok with giving up Bradley as long as we get Cousins back in return. Its what else we may have to give up, i.e. Sully/picks

It's Demarcus freaking Cousins. It better be Bradley, Sullinger, picks and more.

kblo247
Then why effect your draft position? They ain't going nowhere this year. They don't have a franchise player after this.

Because the draft hasn't done anything for them in recent years. Prospects have become cancers (Cousins), not grown at all (Reke) as a player, or just redundant (Jimmer, Isiah, Robinson, Thompson). Maybe they figure they want to use Pau to sell the team, make some cash off his name, let him be a good citizen and role model, and then use the cap from him to being in another big talent that they granted will have to over pay but still

Kenny Powders
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
And the Kings would get...?

Me thinks by the hahahaha meant he was joking. Could be totally off base though.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Because the draft hasn't done anything for them in recent years. Prospects have become cancers (Cousins), not grown at all (Reke) as a player, or just redundant (Jimmer, Isiah, Robinson, Thompson). Maybe they figure they want to use Pau to sell the team, make some cash off his name, let him be a good citizen and role model, and then use the cap from him to being in another big talent that they granted will have to over pay but still

they want to use Pau to sell the team? If you're making cash out of anyone it wouldn't be that Lakers big. If it were Howard I understand. By Gasol. You see how out there this is?

Sly Guy
01-07-2013, 12:17 AM

I cannot stop watching that dunk. that is insane.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
I was really hoping the Rockets would have made a push for Cousins. Harden + Cousins? :drool:

Cracka2HI!
01-07-2013, 12:19 AM
I don't see the Kings doing this trade. Why would they want Gasol?

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2013, 12:22 AM

C's would be lucky if they can get Cousins without giving up Rondo. I wouldn't worry about who else is being traded.

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 12:25 AM
If the Kings trade Cousins for Terry, Sullinger, Lee and Green David Stern should veto the trade to stop the Kings from destroying themselves.

PocketKings
01-07-2013, 12:29 AM
I haven't been paying any attention to the rumor world of the NBA with the NFL season entering the playoffs and such.

So this is pretty interesting.

I've skimmed through this thread.

Any idea how close this is coming to fruition versus just maintaining to be another juicy rumor that invokes one of these ridiculously long PSD threads that ends up in a circle-jerk with no climax?

c.c.
01-07-2013, 12:34 AM
I was really hoping the Rockets would have made a push for Cousins. Harden + Cousins? :drool:

This! But how you feel about Cousins at PF and Asik at C

celtsfan
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
you added Fab.

this is what I heard http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akcegfs

either way. I don't see this happening. Other teams aren't just sitting back to let that offer win out. The Kings getting Pau and Terry is experienced vet needed, but there's rumors they are selling the team so why do this?

Funny you should post this, ESPN still lists K Jospeh on roster, otherwise trade works, and Joseph was just cut. That said Bradley would be a dealbreaker for me too and apparently Ainge is trying to swap Lee for Bradley

kblo247
01-07-2013, 12:43 AM
they want to use Pau to sell the team? If you're making cash out of anyone it wouldn't be that Lakers big. If it were Howard I understand. By Gasol. You see how out there this is?

Pau is probably the most accomplished euro player there is. That is why I said it makes sense if you have a foreign investor lined up to sell the team too, as Pau can be marketed overseas easily based off his credentials and personality

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 12:44 AM
David Stern doesn't give two ***** about a small market teams like Sactown. If they're on their way down he's not going to help them up by vetoing a trade. Besides, I don't think the Kings would really go through with a Demarcus trade. As much of a punk as he is, his talent level is unreal. Something that they need if they want to turn the Kings in the right direction.

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Funny you should post this, ESPN still lists K Jospeh on roster, otherwise trade works, and Joseph was just cut. That said Bradley would be a dealbreaker for me too and apparently Ainge is trying to swap Lee for Bradley

They're supposedly getting Cousins for a bunch of garbage. How is Avery Bradley a deal breaker?

PocketKings
01-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Everyone ignore PK, fine.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
This! But how you feel about Cousins at PF and Asik at C

they'd work big time. But here's my thoughts if the Roxs want him badly.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bg5rm6s

better than anything BOS is floating out there.

celtsfan
01-07-2013, 12:50 AM
They're supposedly getting Cousins for a bunch of garbage. How is Avery Bradley a deal breaker?

Because Bradley was the #1 high school recruit headed into Texas and hasn't had a single offseason to work on shot yet, but still has emerged as a defensive force and his offensive game is developing. I see Bradley as a future All Star not just a starter. Remember this is the kid Doc benched Allen for last year. Cousin's is an elite big and those are nigh impossible to get without a top 3 pick, but I wouldn't give up Bradley and Sullinger with Terry when Sullinger Melo and Lee is a comparable package given Lee's contract and age.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 12:50 AM

I would do that in a heartbeat, but why the hell would Sacramento?

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 12:51 AM

LOL the Kings get absolutely raped. And the Rockets give up Parsons and Aldrich and get Cousins, Robinson and Jamison....... C'mon man!

celtsfan
01-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Everyone ignore PK, fine.Just rumor right now with some rumors suggesting Ainge seeks to have deal done today, but again just rumors.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Pau is probably the most accomplished euro player there is. That is why I said it makes sense if you have a foreign investor lined up to sell the team too, as Pau can be marketed overseas easily based off his credentials and personality

they aren't getting anything? Pau's name means nothing in SAC. Nothing.

Tell a SAC fan you traded a potential franchise center for Pau Gasol who has 2 yrs. left? but you're not a playoff team, so WTF are you doing?

Avery Bradley, nice defensive stopper, Fab Melo, an unknown to the NBA, Jarred Sullinger, I mean really? who there has a future. Who can you market?

Hey Kings fans come see Pau Gasol! We're not making the playoffs but watch one of the best euro bigs in the league! :D com'on homie:facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 12:53 AM
I would do that in a heartbeat, but why the hell would Sacramento?

I'm just hearing that Celtics deal and trying to offer better. Lets be honest Parsons >>>> that Boston package. They wouldn't do either deal, unless they are just unloading. But I'm thinking if you're getting Gasol from LAL and calling it a feat atleast pair him w/ someone that has upside and can become a crowd favorite.

Cal827
01-07-2013, 12:53 AM

In a Parallel Universe, the LA Lakers would jump on this trade.

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Because Bradley was the #1 high school recruit headed into Texas and hasn't had a single offseason to work on shot yet, but still has emerged as a defensive force and his offensive game is developing. I see Bradley as a future All Star not just a starter. Remember this is the kid Doc benched Allen for last year. Cousin's is an elite big and those are nigh impossible to get without a top 3 pick, but I wouldn't give up Bradley and Sullinger with Terry when Sullinger Melo and Lee is a comparable package given Lee's contract and age.

Bradley will be a good defensive stopper, but probably role player, and MAYBE a marginal all-star in his prime. Sullinger has no athleticism whatsoever and will never be more than a solid bench big. Melo is a project who may never pan-out. Terry is way past his prime.

Cousins has the potential to be the best center in the league, and a superstar if he gets his head straight. If Bradley is holding up this deal then the Celtics must really be concerned with Cousins mental makeup.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 12:57 AM
In a Parallel Universe, the LA Lakers would jump on this trade.

LOL the Kings get absolutely raped. And the Rockets give up Parsons and Aldrich and get Cousins, Robinson and Jamison....... C'mon man!

Exactly, both the Rox and Lakers would. But I'm just trying to point out how stupid this

Terry
Gasol
Fab Melo
Sullinger
Bradley

deal really is. Because I'll tell you right now. I'd take Chandler Parsons over all of that.

YouAreSoWrong
01-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Eh?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaz2nvl

celtsfan
01-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Bradley will be a good defensive stopper, but probably role player, and MAYBE a marginal all-star in his prime. Sullinger has no athleticism whatsoever and will never be more than a solid bench big. Melo is a project who may never pan-out. Terry is way past his prime.

Cousins has the potential to be the best center in the league, and a superstar if he gets his head straight. If Bradley is holding up this deal then the Celtics must really be concerned with Cousins mental makeup.

I think Celtics project Bradley's ceiling higher than that. Every other evaluation I agree with, especially on Terry, which is why I hope and Ainge probably thinks Melo added in while Terry swapped for Lee seems >just Bradley with Terry to Kings.

JPapelbon58
Being a Kings fan, i would never do that Celtics deal. It's essentially the Celtics bench, plus Terry, for Cousins. Cousins a is a star center. Sure he has mental issues, and he's a headcase, but that comes with age. It can be fixed, he's worth well more then what the Celtics offered. The Celtics would be lucky to get Cuz without dealing Rondo.

KniCks4LiFe
Eh?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaz2nvl

Cavs can get more for Verejao alone.

flclfanman
01-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Exactly, both the Rox and Lakers would. But I'm just trying to point out how stupid this

Terry
Gasol
Fab Melo
Sullinger
Bradley

deal really is. Because I'll tell you right now. I'd take Chandler Parsons over all of that.

Fab Melo is garbage. Just love repeating that.

DerekRE_3
01-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Sam Amick > whoever is saying Celtics on the verge of getting Boogie:
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/288141188505153536

It's not happening.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Fab Melo is garbage. Just love repeating that.

Cuse' hater.:p

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 01:20 AM

It's not happening.

I'm baffled that this thread went this long

why on earth would anyone think sac would trade him

DerekRE_3
01-07-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm baffled that this thread went this long

why on earth would anyone think sac would trade him

Especially to the Celtics. Outside of Rondo they have nothing to offer.

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 01:23 AM
I think Celtics project Bradley's ceiling higher than that. Every other evaluation I agree with, especially on Terry, which is why I hope and Ainge probably thinks Melo added in while Terry swapped for Lee seems >just Bradley with Terry to Kings.

If Bradley can fix his jumper he definitely has a ton of potential to become more than just a role player, but I just don't see that happening (he is shooting a ghastly 30.8% from the field this year and has a PER under 5!!). If the any of the deals that are rumored go down, with Bradley or not, it would be a huge coup for the Celtics.

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Especially to the Celtics. Outside of Rondo they have nothing to offer.

exactly lol

dalton749
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
okc should give them westbrook for him then try and get calderon from toronto

iam brett favre
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
If Cousins goes to Boston, they are going to the Finals.

corky831
01-07-2013, 01:26 AM
If Bradley can fix his jumper he definitely has a ton of potential to become more than just a role player, but I just don't see that happening (he is shooting a ghastly 30.8% from the field this year and has a PER under 5!!). If the any of the deals that are rumored go down, with Bradley or not, it would be a huge coup for the Celtics.

Lmmao your basing Bradleys numbers this yr based off his first 3 games? Check out his shooting % for last yr....especially from downtown as well.

DerekRE_3
01-07-2013, 01:27 AM
If Cousins goes to Boston, they are going to the Finals.

Then they aren't going to the finals.

Nighthawk
01-07-2013, 01:27 AM

bradley has played THREE games this year coming back from DOUBLE shoulder surgery. His shot, and timing will take a few games to get back into stride.

Besides Tony Allen, hes the best on ball defender for my money. great slasher and was starting to knock down shots @ a nice clip late in the season last year

your definitely selling bradley short. i used to. imma believer, kids special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gviEcQCOA

LOVE IT

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Lmmao your basing Bradleys numbers this yr based off his first 3 games? Check out his shooting % for last yr....especially from downtown as well.

I didn't realize he was injured for so long. My Bad. I still don't think he will be anymore than a defensive stopper role player either way unless he really improves offensively.

HouRealCoach
01-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Okay, but that was a while back. Who would Sacramento want? If they're lying to strategize and are willing to trade Cousins, they're gonna want a lot more than Boston can offer.

Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, Green, Picks...

jmoney85
01-07-2013, 01:32 AM
can a mod close this thread please

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 01:33 AM

It's not happening.

and........gameday bucket go boom (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzh7k5wp071qb9oa5o1_500.jpg)

Nighthawk
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
SO IMMA gunna wake up in the morning with DMC on the Celtics?

celtsfan
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
If Bradley can fix his jumper he definitely has a ton of potential to become more than just a role player, but I just don't see that happening (he is shooting a ghastly 30.8% from the field this year and has a PER under 5!!). If the any of the deals that are rumored go down, with Bradley or not, it would be a huge coup for the Celtics. This year he has 3 games after offseason double shoulder surgery lol, kid just turned 22 last month and hasnt had an offseason workout since high school but still emerged as a decent corner 3 shooter and elite cutter last year. Still very young.

Nighthawk
01-07-2013, 01:37 AM
This year he has 3 games after offseason double shoulder surgery lol, kid just turned 22 last month and hasnt had an offseason workout since high school but still emerged as a decent corner 3 shooter and elite cutter last year. Still very young.

and hes one of the best defenders in the NBA if not thee best

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 01:39 AM

so is Iman Shumpert but he wouldn't make or break a deal for DeMarcus Cousins.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 01:40 AM

:eyebrow: Exaggerate much?

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 01:42 AM

Let's not get outta hand here. Iman Shumpert, who I also think is a good defender, had more defensive win shares and a better defensive rating than Bradley, and I wouldn't even think to consider him the best in the NBA.

Edit: But don't get me wrong Bradley is good defensively, but you're overrating him.

c.c.
01-07-2013, 01:45 AM

Wow I would love that but Lakers fans would be crying for years because they think Pau is worth so much

DerekRE_3
01-07-2013, 01:46 AM
SO IMMA gunna wake up in the morning with DMC on the Celtics?

Nope.

Vee-Rex
01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
so is Iman Shumpert but he wouldn't make or break a deal for DeMarcus Cousins.

Bradley > Shumpert.

Better defense. Better offense.

Still, I wouldn't trade DMC if I were the Kings.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
If I'm the Rockets, I offer something like this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a27snvu

It seems like the Rockets are giving up a lot, but if Cousins pans out, it would be more than worth it. The guy just needs to seriously work on his shot selection. And his defense shouldn't be nearly as much of a problem next to Asik.

c.c.
01-07-2013, 01:53 AM
If I'm the Rockets, I offer something like this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a27snvu

It seems like the Rockets are giving up a lot, but if Cousins pans out, it would be more than worth it. The guy just needs to seriously work on his shot selection. And his defense shouldn't be nearly as much of a problem next to Asik.

Chandler Parsons contract is so great for his production. Its guys that get paid so much more than him but production is so much less

NYYCowboys
01-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Bradley > Shumpert.

Better defense. Better offense.

Still, I wouldn't trade DMC if I were the Kings.

Nah. There's this new thing called stats. You use them so you actually have proof to back up your statements, unlike the baseless statement you made above. Actually look up them, and it turns out he's not better defensively.

RipCity32
01-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Did the blockbuster trade happen yet lol?

shep33
01-07-2013, 01:57 AM
I'm pretty sure this won't happen

Vee-Rex
01-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Nah. There's this new thing called stats. You use them so you actually have proof to back up your statements, unlike the baseless statement you made above. Actually look up them, and it turns out he's not better defensively.

Shumpert is better off the ball defensively which is why his steals and blocks are a little higher. His on-ball defense is hit or missed, so he either does good or gets his ACL torn on plays like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mVG3yCL8E

On a more serious note, there is a bigger gap between Bradley's offense and Shumpert's offense than there is between their defenses.

AB > Shumpert

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 02:04 AM

What "stats" are you using to prove who's better defensively, because there are very few statistics which give you a good idea of how good a player truly is in one-on-one or help situations. Steals can tell you how good a player is at guarding the passing lanes, rebounds tell you how well a guy boxes out or how tenacious he is and blocks are certainly a nice addition to any team but none of them are necessarily good indicators of good defenders.

Shumpert does have a slightly higher career DRtg (101 to 102 for Bradley), but even that stat is flawed. A better indicator is how opposing players did against them. Shumpert gave up a 12.7 PER to opposing PGs last season and a 16.3 PER to opposing SGs. Bradley gave up only a 7.6 PER to opposing SGs and a 12.7 PER to opposing PGs.

Corey
01-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Let's not get outta hand here. Iman Shumpert, who I also think is a good defender, had more defensive win shares and a better defensive rating than Bradley, and I wouldn't even think to consider him the best in the NBA.

Edit: But don't get me wrong Bradley is good defensively, but you're overrating him.

Avery Bradley ranked 13th in the NBA in points allowed per play last season (applied to player that appeared in at least 300 plays)

sharqstealth
01-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Shumpert is better off the ball defensively which is why his steals and blocks are a little higher. His on-ball defense is hit or missed, so he either does good or gets his ACL torn on plays like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mVG3yCL8E

On a more serious note, there is a bigger gap between Bradley's offense and Shumpert's offense than there is between their defenses.

AB > Shumpert

So you based all this in one play by Kyrie? Wow you are really logical! Your not fooling anyone with your logic

Yunqn
01-07-2013, 02:11 AM
Excuse me for the long post lol But the third team maybe be utah jazz

CELTICS GET
DEMARCUS COUSINS
JOHN SALMONS
CHUCK HAYES

UTAH GETS
JEFF GREEN
COURTNEY LEE
FAB MELO

SACRAMENTO GETS
AL JEFFERSON
AVERY BRADLEY
JARED SULLINGER
& CAP RELIEF FROM SALMONS & HAYES CONTRACTS

PICKS MAY BE EXCHANGED ..

Boston then has

rondo/veteran filler.
terry/barbosa
pierce/salmons
garnett/bass
cousins/hayes

Sacramento gets a great package imo ..guys who can fit right in..
utah is obvs going to part ways with one of the bigs & most likely big al..they get the wing help that they need.. & although the celtics take on salary and give up alot of players they get the guy the covet who just so happens to also be the best player in the deal

Vee-Rex
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM
So you based all this in one play by Kyrie? Wow you are really logical! Your not fooling anyone with your logic

Did you read the last sentence? Where I said, 'On a more serious note'?

Wow Knick fans to the rescue. Your boy's logic was silly to begin with anyway.

LA4life24/8
01-07-2013, 02:19 AM
i really hope for LA that this deal gets done... brooks thornton trob and hayes for pau?? omg... thats a huge win, it shores up sooooo many bad areas for the lakers,

brooks is a spark of the bench who loves to chuck, thornton is athletic and a good scorer (could learn from kobe ), trob has huge upside as a an athletic undersized 4, and chuck hayes is an undersized post player but is great at rebounding and is a solid defender
if la could send out duhon,ebanks,morris, or blake as well... PURE GOLD

Nash/morris
Kobe/brooks
thornton/meeks
Hayes/trob
howard/hill

i like that team a lot better than what we have

sharqstealth
01-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Did you read the last sentence? Where I said, 'On a more serious note'?

Wow Knick fans to the rescue. Your boy's logic was silly to begin with anyway.

What did Avery Bradley average last season 7.6ppg? Shumpert 9.5ppg. Wow you should really be taken seriously...:facepalm:

JLynn943
01-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Excuse me for the long post lol But the third team maybe be utah jazz

CELTICS GET
DEMARCUS COUSINS
JOHN SALMONS
CHUCK HAYES

UTAH GETS
JEFF GREEN
COURTNEY LEE
FAB MELO

SACRAMENTO GETS
AL JEFFERSON
AVERY BRADLEY
JARED SULLINGER
& CAP RELIEF FROM SALMONS & HAYES CONTRACTS

PICKS MAY BE EXCHANGED ..

Boston then has

rondo/veteran filler.
terry/barbosa
pierce/salmons
garnett/bass
cousins/hayes

Sacramento gets a great package imo ..guys who can fit right in..
utah is obvs going to part ways with one of the bigs & most likely big al..they get the wing help that they need.. & although the celtics take on salary and give up alot of players they get the guy the covet who just so happens to also be the best player in the deal

It wouldn't be so bad if Jefferson wasn't a free agent this summer (and would almost certainly leave the Kings), but since that's the case, there's no way I'd do it.

Corey
01-07-2013, 02:23 AM
What did Avery Bradley average last season 7.6ppg? Shumpert 9.5ppg. Wow you should really be taken seriously...:facepalm:

From last year:

1) Opponents average 0.84 points per possession when guarded by Shumpert...Opponents guarded by Avery Bradley average 0.74 points per possession.

2) Opponents guarded by Shumpert average 40% from the field. Opponents guarded by Avery average 34% from the field.

3) Offensively, Shumpert averages .80 points per possession. Bradley averages .96 points per possession.

4) Shumpert is shooting 39.6% from the field. Avery is shooting 50.5%. Shumpert is shooting 30.7% from 3. Bradley is shooting 45.7% from 3.

Thanks for playing along.

Vee-Rex
01-07-2013, 02:26 AM

Are you really this biased?

AB averaged 6 FGA per game last season. Shumpert averaged 9FA attempts per game. 33% more shots yet he averaged less than a basket. You tryin' to say Shumpert is better offensively?

AB shot 49% from the field, 40% from the 3pt line.

Shumpert shot 40% from the field, 30% from the 3pt line.

AB averaged 21 minutes per game, Shumpert averaged 28 minutes per game.

You're an insult to Knicks fans on these forums and that's saying something lol. What a biased noob.

DragonJaii
01-07-2013, 02:30 AM
u guys really arguing over two injury prone role players? talk about melo or lebron or something

gotoHcarolina52
01-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Norris Cole >>>> Avery Bradley > Iman Shumpert

Vee-Rex
01-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Steve Blake>>>Norris Cole>>>Avery Bradley>>>Iman Shumpert.

Kings Faithful
01-07-2013, 02:41 AM
The only way something like this would go down was to drive the remaining fans away from Sacramento to make a move easier for the Maloofs.

Why the hell would the Kings give up the best player in the trade in Demarcus Cousins.... the one with the most potential...Demarcus Cousins.... a top 5 pick in his rookie season in T-Rob, a Sixth Man of the Year candidate in Marcus Thornton, and our locker room leaders in Garcia and Hayes for declining and old players in Jason Terry and Pau Gasol, and a role player in Avery Bradley.

Pure garbage... I can see this trade being offered but the Kings would be fools to take it. Add Rondo to that Package and i might consider.

oak2455
01-07-2013, 02:41 AM
i'm pretty sure this won't happen

+1

raidersrock99
01-07-2013, 02:44 AM
No cousins

celtics 34
01-07-2013, 02:48 AM
J collins >>>>> rest of the league

sharqstealth
01-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Steve Blake<<<Norris Cole<<<Avery Bradley<<<Iman Shumpert.

Cal827
01-07-2013, 03:09 AM
Rasual Butler's peen>>>J collins>>>>>>Steve Blake>>>Norris Cole>>>> CousinsEvansDUO>>Avery Bradley>>>Iman Shumpert.

Kashmir13579
01-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Damn my boy Joseph is out a job.

Corey
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Damn my boy Joseph is out a job.

He'll get picked up. The Celtics were high on him and he impressed in the d-league.

ZHawk1123
01-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Cousins for Fab Melo and Fillers, Boston will get ripped off.

:eyebrow:

LeMarcus
01-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Seeing Jason Terry get shipped out of Boston would be hilarious.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Feel sorry for the Kings if this deal happens. The old rumor of Cousins to Bobcats seemed more appealing to the Kings. Not only the Kings part with best player but (might) be taking bad contract in Green back? Yikes!

DitchDat
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Seeing Jason Terry get shipped out of Boston would be hilarious.

Indeed so, but I rather keep Lee and Bradley.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/7/3845820/demarcus-cousins-trade-rumors-celtics-hook

Good read from SBnation.

TheIlladelph16
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
According to Sam Amick and Jason Jones, there is "no chance" of Cousins going to the Celtics. Teams are being told he is not available, so this thread may have been a little premature.

JiffyMix88
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
and to think this whole time I thought they were on the verge of owning blockbuster :(

nolafan33
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Think this may have had more to do with the fact that after today contracts are guaranteed than the Celtics setting up for a big trade.

Chris Douglas Roberts, Kris Joseph, J. Vernardo, D. McGuire, S. Samuels, Lazar Hayward, Sam Young, Maalik Wayns were all released yesterday.

king4day
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Maybe it's with the Suns to trade for Gortat :)

mjt20mik
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
From last year:

Thanks for playing along.

winner winner chicken dinner

Lloyd Christmas
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/7/3845820/demarcus-cousins-trade-rumors-celtics-hook

Good read from SBnation.

Thank you. The funniest thing is people in this thread say they wouldn't add Bradley to the trade. Read this link Celtics fans.

DerekRE_3
01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Thank you. The funniest thing is people in this thread say they wouldn't add Bradley to the trade. Read this link Celtics fans.

At worst Cousins is a 16 and 11 guy who is still just 22. He has the potential to be a 25 point, 12 rebound, and 4 assist guy. Avery Bradley...please.

SlimKid
01-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Good read from SBnation.

Was just about to post this. Definitely a reasonable take.

AIRMAR72
01-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Team Green need to do something fast

Corey
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Team Green need to do something fastMaybe. They're fine when KG is on the court, but they're one of the worst teams in the NBA when he's on the bench.

They've looked great in their last two, let's see how they look against nyk tonight.

TheNumber37
01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Knowing Ainge - Rondo, Bradley, Pierce as and KG must be off limits. Do the kings want anything else? All they can really offer is picks and projects like Sully and melo.

Rockice_8
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
If it's for Cousins like everyone is expecting then there is no way SAC is getting a good deal in return without someone stepping in and helping BOS.

They don't have a high pick (playoff team) and Bradley (the only decent young player they got), Sullinger (dropped cause of bad knees so longevity is an issue even though he's playing decent now), and Fab Melo (a guy who can't crack the rotation of a team begging for bigs and just walked into a door) is not going to get it done.

I think BOS fans are about to be disappointed.

lamzoka
01-07-2013, 02:31 PM
today is the day teams can sign players to a 10 day contract. K-Mart maybe?

Sactown
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
They probably waived the two players as they didn't want to pay the lux tax on their contracts... love how something small is turned into a huge rumor lol...