PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard unintentionally admits the Lakers don't like each other

NYSpirit1
01-06-2013, 03:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other

"(Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

-- Lakers center Dwight Howard
on team chemistry

---------------------
KOBE: "We did. We won three straight," Bryant said, referencing the Lakers' three-peat from 2000-02. "One of them has to sacrifice. I sacrificed quite a bit with individual numbers and MVPs and NBA Finals and all this other stuff.

HOWARD: When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

--------------------------
"I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."

LOL @ this. Originally, I thought the Lakers would be amazing. But the more you put thought into it, Kobe isn't LeBron, Melo, Wade, CP3 personality wise. He's a selfish guy, with a selfish personality who alienates his teammates. It was that way with Shaq, it was that way mid 2000s with guys like Smush and it's going to be that way with Dwight. Kobe's just not likable and a team guy in the same way all those other guys are. They can mesh with 'superteams'.

Kobe's gotten over the hump five times, not because of chemistry, because of his pure talent and the fact he's always had elite teammates around him, even if they hated him.

EDIT: Wow, if you read the whole article. It's a complete joke. You have Kobe talking about Shaq/being alpha male and then Howard questioning what Kobe said. So dysfunctional. With the last quote I posted, you could just tell Howard has utter dislike for Kobe, that quote was a direct shot that Kobe flaunts his 'alpha male' status.

You have Kobe saying that he took a backseat to Shaq, but is now the clear alpha male on this team. This will surely irk Howard because Howard doesn't like Shaq and Kobe would take a backseat for Shaq, but not him. Kobe, who knows if it was unintentional or not, basically said Howard/Kobe will never be Shaq/Kobe, insinuating Howard doesn't have Shaq's talents. I'm starting to strongly feel there is no way Howard will be back next year, I don't think he'll want to waste five years of his prime with Kobe.

Cano4prez
01-06-2013, 03:32 AM
:laugh:

Not even surprised (http://www.chicagonow.com/load-o-bull/files/2011/06/lakers-ship-sinking1.jpg)

grandsalami
01-06-2013, 03:33 AM
DH is bolting when season ends

Raps18-19 Champ
Wonder which players are having issues.

Raps18-19 Champ
DH is bolting when season ends

No chance. He's basically guaranteed to stay.

More-Than-Most
01-06-2013, 03:40 AM
this is actually a pretty bad comment from Dwight...Wow

osmosis da kid
01-06-2013, 03:41 AM

No hes not.. Nothing is guaranteed....

More-Than-Most
01-06-2013, 03:42 AM
I dont think Howard will walk away from the extra year the lakers can offer or the money that LA will bring him in general

But that is a terrible comment to throw out there. sheesh

c.c.
01-06-2013, 03:45 AM
I see people saying he's leaving but where you guys see him going though

More-Than-Most
01-06-2013, 03:48 AM

philly :pray:

Stuckey#3
01-06-2013, 03:49 AM
Dwight has gone from Beast to B!tch. Him and Pau look like Laverne and Shirley. I hope the Lakers get there **** together soon.

TheNumber37
01-06-2013, 03:50 AM
If the Lakers get bounced in the 1st, or don't make the playoffs they'd have to do major rebuilding, resigning Dwight, getting in new players and getting a new coach.

ALL that has to happen for Dwight to stay.
If they don't, I could see him end up in Brooklyn, Golden State, Houston or Dallas.

c.c.
01-06-2013, 03:51 AM
philly :pray:

Why Philly over the rest of the teams or you just being an homer. And what Andrew Bynum lol

tripleplay2007
01-06-2013, 03:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other

LOL @ this. Originally, I thought the Lakers would be amazing. But the more you put thought into it, Kobe isn't LeBron, Melo, Wade, CP3 personality wise. He's a selfish guy, with a selfish personality who alienates his teammates. It was that way with Shaq, it was that way mid 2000s with guys like Smush and it's going to be that way with Dwight. Kobe's just not likable and a team guy in the same way all those other guys are. They can mesh with 'superteams'.

Kobe's gotten over the hump five times, not because of chemistry, because of his pure talent and the fact he's always had elite teammates around him, even if they hated him.

EDIT: Wow, if you read the whole article. It's a complete joke. You have Kobe talking about Shaq/being alpha male and then Howard questioning what Kobe said. So dysfunctional.

110% accurate, Kobe always will have to be the alpha male. The Lakers would have been much better off with bringing in passive personalities to keep the little rat happy.

DreamShaker
01-06-2013, 03:52 AM
My favorite comment is when he said he was "pretty young" when Shaq and Kobe played together. He was like....14-18 years old. I remember tons of stuff from the NBA way before that age.

tripleplay2007
01-06-2013, 03:53 AM
:laugh:

Not even surprised (http://www.chicagonow.com/load-o-bull/files/2011/06/lakers-ship-sinking1.jpg)

Love the pic!

Do you guys think a LeBron/Dwight/Irving super team in Cleveland is possible this off season if LeBron or Dwight don't get rings?

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 03:55 AM
Not a Kobe/Laker fan by ANY means, but he has 5 rings, and LA has chose to keep him over other players for a reason. What has Dwight done? A few sweet dunks, blocks and interviews where he acts like a 15 year old ******? Anything else other than making himself look like a terrible teammate?

Chronz
01-06-2013, 03:59 AM
He took a backseat? LMFAO

c.c.
01-06-2013, 04:00 AM
If the Lakers get bounced in the 1st, or don't make the playoffs they'd have to do major rebuilding, resigning Dwight, getting in new players and getting a new coach.

If they don't, I could see him end up in Brooklyn, Golden State, Houston or Dallas.

I can't deny that he's the best Center in the league but kinda don't want him on the Rockets. He's immature and a drama queen. I don't want him coming here messing up our chemistry, getting our staff fired, getting players traded, then demanding a trade after he's destroyed everything else. Plus his injuries, he's around that age that Yao Ming started breaking down. Its so much that might come with Dwight!

Hawkeye15
01-06-2013, 04:04 AM
110% accurate, Kobe always will have to be the alpha male. The Lakers would have been much better off with bringing in passive personalities to keep the little rat happy.

One of the reasons I despise Kobe honestly. You are right. Kobe runs the Lakers, and will be their downfall as he ages.

DeyAce
01-06-2013, 04:08 AM
This is what happens when you bring in the cancers DH12 and the Pringles guy

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:16 AM
I can't deny that he's the best Center in the league but kinda don't want him on the Rockets. He's immature and a drama queen. I don't want him coming here messing up our chemistry, getting our staff fired, getting players traded, then demanding a trade after he's destroyed everything else. Plus his injuries, he's around that age that Yao Ming started breaking down. Its so much that might come with Dwight!

I agree and disagree.
I love the team, but you have to build that superstar/winning persona, and Dwight does that. We don't have the same pressure to win as LA, so I don't think we would worry about the coaches and players. Also Harden is a dude players want to play with.

Greedy22
01-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Further showing his immaturity.

tripleplay2007
01-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Also Harden is a dude players want to play with.

Everyone wants some of those pizza rolls!

lakers4sho
01-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Not a Kobe/Laker fan by ANY means, but he has 5 rings, and LA has chose to keep him over other players for a reason. What has Dwight done? A few sweet dunks, blocks and interviews where he acts like a 15 year old ******? Anything else other than making himself look like a terrible teammate?

this

until dwight starts dominating, he should stfu. he's been given plenty of opportunities so far but all hes putting up in return are turnovers and missed free throws.

shep33
01-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Dwight hasn't been a top 15 player this year. Until he starts playing better, what's the point of pouting?

No joke, Bynum last year was better than Dwight this year by a mile so far.

Kyben36
01-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Pau needs to be traded IMO. Kobe and him clearly dont get along. that being said, Kobe does call out Pau alot.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Bynum is a better basketball player. Dwight is a 7' athlete with a cute smile and dork glasses.

shep33
01-06-2013, 04:34 AM
I think kobe gets along with most of the players just fine. Better than he has in a long time at least in my opinion.

Dwight's just pissy because we're losing. If we were 25-10, none of this would be coming out. He and Pau are actually close friends, and nobody sticks up for Pau more than Kobe.

lakers4sho
01-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Bynum is a better basketball player. Dwight is a 7' athlete with a cute smile and dork glasses.

If the knees weren't a ticking time bomb then I'd take Bynum.

NYYCowboys
01-06-2013, 04:42 AM

Let's not get outta hand here. I don't like Howard either, but he is head and shoulders above the competition at center.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Let's not get outta hand here. I don't like Howard either, but he is head and shoulders above the competition at center.

Lol, ok...

Avenged
01-06-2013, 04:50 AM
blah blah blah.

when **** gets tough, start crying.

I would say Kobe taught him that but he picked up on that by himself in Orlando

NYYCowboys
01-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Lol, ok...

Lol..... what?? It's true.

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2013, 04:58 AM
shots fired

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Lol..... what?? It's true.

Is it? Bynum won with Kobe...

And no PG

Greedy22
01-06-2013, 05:02 AM

And no PG

Playing 4th fiddle to Gasol and Odom

NYYCowboys
01-06-2013, 05:04 AM

And no PG

Yeah I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Kobe was younger, they had a HOF head coach, prime Gasol and Odom, and a much better bench. :rolleyes:

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Kobe is playing out of his mind right now.
Nash is supposed to be Jesus at Pg.
Odom, really?
What was the bench for the last championship again? Go ahead...
Phil Jackson is one of the most overrated names in the history of the NBA.

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 05:21 AM
wow. those are some nutty quotes

b-ballistic
01-06-2013, 05:36 AM
I tried to warn those L-fans about Dwight. But they wouldn't listen. They pert near ran me right off PSD.

The fact is, we were better with an injured Bynum than we are now with this *****

Philapsychosis
01-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Why Philly over the rest of the teams or you just being an homer. And what Andrew Bynum lol

I don't know man. I mean the praying emoticon made it pretty obvious that it was more of a wish then an actual fact based statement. I'm not even sure how one would respond to the question "what Andrew Bynum?" To my knowledge there is only one in the league. He's currently injured, and might not be able to play consistently throughout his career. He plays for the Sixers by the way. This might be why a Sixers fan would wishing that a big man like Dwight would like to come to the Sixers......

Glad I can help

c.c.
01-06-2013, 06:13 AM
I don't know man. I mean the praying emoticon made it pretty obvious that it was more of a wish then an actual fact based statement. I'm not even sure how one would respond to the question "what Andrew Bynum?" To my knowledge there is only one in the league. He's currently injured, and might not be able to play consistently throughout his career. He plays for the Sixers by the way. This might be why a Sixers fan would wishing that a big man like Dwight would like to come to the Sixers......

Glad I can help

Lol thanks

Greedy22
01-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Glad I can help

:laugh2:

Bruno
01-06-2013, 06:50 AM
they have to pretend like they like eachother?

no, you don't have to 'like eachother' to win ball games. only a child trapped in a mans body would make a comment like that.

they have to pretend like they give a ****. you know, not laughing, smirking, or grinning every time a mistake is made, or a weakness is exposed. Dwights almost too soft for LA (mentally). the fans might kiss his *** but on the court it's time to get serious and go to work. him playing at 4/5th of his peak capacity doesn't help either, but he's injured and limited in what he can do.

this will blow over, but it's really not the time for comment like these. unfortunately, it's time to move Pau. a shake up is needed and he's the most expendable big contract.

sp1derm00
01-06-2013, 07:24 AM
**** it,

Dwight for Lopez and Humphries. He wanted the Nets originally and will resign there.

Pau for Parsons, if Houston would even take that now.

Lopez/Hill
Humphries/Metta
Gay/Kobe
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Morris

krisxsong
01-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Unless Brook Lopez starts to play really really poorly, they won't trade him for Dwight.

I would, but they won't.

krisxsong
01-06-2013, 07:45 AM
**** it,

Dwight for Lopez and Humphries. He wanted the Nets originally and will resign there.

Lopez/Hill
Humphries/Metta
Gay/Kobe
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Morris

Humphries is getting traded for sure, and most likely not in a blockbuster deal.

The Nets are extremely high on Lopez, and rightfully so with the way he is playing.

You can probably count the number of players the Nets would trade Lopez straight up for on one hand, and Dwight WAS one of them but I'm not so sure anymore with his drama and back issue compared to Lopez who never gets in trouble and is really playing well.

I would honestly not be surprised if the Lakers called the Nets for a Lopez-Dwight swap and the Nets said no unless they find a 3rd team that will get them(Nets) a PF back.

krisxsong
01-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I tried to warn those L-fans about Dwight. But they wouldn't listen. They pert near ran me right off PSD.

The fact is, we were better with an injured Bynum than we are now with this *****

LOL.

Do you honestly think the only reason you guys were better previous years is cause Dwight is there instead of Bynum?

How about swapping Phil Jackson for Mike Dantoni? How about trying instill a new offense? How about a brand new team with brand new stars?

This isn't simply Bynum out, Dwight in.

Cano-Montero...
01-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Dwight should STFU... He is one of the reason this team is losing... He gets owned by lesser big men when playing against them this season and easily gets frustrated when this happens... Almost every game he gets strip trying to post up.

b-ballistic
01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
LOL.

Do you honestly think the only reason you guys were better previous years is cause Dwight is there instead of Bynum?

How about swapping Phil Jackson for Mike Dantoni? How about trying instill a new offense? How about a brand new team with brand new stars?

This isn't simply Bynum out, Dwight in.

No, I don't think that's the only reason. But it remains a fact.

And the Sixers are just as good as the Lakers are now......with an injured Bynum.

LAOwnsAll15
01-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Howard wants to win, and wants to have fun while doing so... hes not that good.
Kobe is a realist, you cant become that good when you're not being real with yourself.
Its only an issue because people hate being told to come back down to reality.

jimm120
01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
hahaha. I was reading this article yesterday somewhere...and they put it in another context (they went with the "Chemistry" angle). While reading it, I thought the same thing you said. Its showing that the team is defunct on the court and off of it.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
KObe will never realize how lucky he was that the lakers traded for Pau one out of only 4 stars ( Duncan, Kidd, Nash) that could actually win a ring with him because they are unselfish enough to not get crazy and start a feud with him because of his antics, Had they gotten a different start with an EGO and he would be stuck with his 3 SIDEKICK rings.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
blow it up

AddiX
01-06-2013, 08:45 AM
I've never got the feeling on any lakers teams that any of his teammates actually liked Kobe.

AddiX
01-06-2013, 08:46 AM
KObe will never realize how lucky he was that the lakers traded for Pau one out of only 4 stars ( Duncan, Kidd, Nash) that could actually win a ring with him because they are unselfish enough to not get crazy and start a feud with him because of his antics, Had they gotten a different start with an EGO and he would be stuck with his 3 SIDEKICK rings.

Very true, it was also great because pau was never going to get the respect he deserved for winning those rings.

SirSkyHook
01-06-2013, 08:46 AM

-20. Everytime you post crap I will remind you this.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2013, 08:53 AM

want me to search kobes worse +- in a single game ever?

Dude thats plain stupid.

DitchDat
01-06-2013, 09:01 AM
what a toxic situation

and you got Pau Gasol mixed in there too

Hellcrooner
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
what a toxic situation

and you got Pau Gasol mixed in there too

Pau is not a problem on the lockeroom or off the court, part of his problem is he is too much unselfish, other player woudl ahve gone nuts and demmanded a trade after 2010 finals where he DESERVED the mvp, if suddenly the Owner ( jim buss) came down and said he had to become third banana to a dude that had shown nothing and had not even been healthy consistently the past few seasons ( Bynum), he didnt for the "good of the team" and the downfall started there.

he is a problem ON the COURT right now tough, he is not healthy and completely lost out there in DUmbtonis system.

He needs to be traded both for his and lakers sake.

mike_noodles
01-06-2013, 09:40 AM
"I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."

Is this guy aware that this happens in every single workplace around the world? Why would the NBA be any different? Sounds like he doesn't want the coach telling him what to do, what a douche.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2013, 09:45 AM

http://prosportsdaily.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/nba-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/nba/results/2012-2013/boxscore840427.html

SirSkyHook
01-06-2013, 09:46 AM
want me to search kobes worse +- in a single game ever?

Dude thats plain stupid.

You could but that would show a bad game from Kobe. -20 for Pau is much more. Put that with his stats, and effort on the floor, and with the fact every team attacks him defensively, and with his post game pouts, than you will get the point im making.

You do so much bashing on players that actually do produce, and players the give 100%. Than you act like Pau is a god or saint when he's quiting on his team. Yes i said quiting!!!! when you dont give your all to your team and pout about things in your controll, your quiting. When Dwight is on the bench he's still passive on both ends, but you dont see this so -20 to you and have a nice day.

oh and if you find that Kobe game tell me what were his stats, becuase i bet he gave his all productive or not.

Faneik
01-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Is this guy aware that this happens in every single workplace around the world? Why would the NBA be any different? Sounds like he doesn't want the coach telling him what to do, what a douche.

Ah ha. Dwight lives in the Michael Scott universe.

Anji
01-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Humphries is getting traded for sure, and most likely not in a blockbuster deal.

The Nets are extremely high on Lopez, and rightfully so with the way he is playing.

You can probably count the number of players the Nets would trade Lopez straight up for on one hand, and Dwight WAS one of them but I'm not so sure anymore with his drama and back issue compared to Lopez who never gets in trouble and is really playing well.

I would honestly not be surprised if the Lakers called the Nets for a Lopez-Dwight swap and the Nets said no unless they find a 3rd team that will get them(Nets) a PF back.
If the Nets were smart they would trade Bropez and every pick they have available for Dwight.

birdman1910
01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I find it humorous that when Kobe talks about his teammates he is being Kobe and keeping it real but when other players talk people say they are *****ing. smh. It is obvious that Howard isn't happy. Pau isn't happy. You see no happiness or excitement from that team. They do not enjoy what they do. Kobe is mostly to blame. Yes he has rings but he has never learned to adapt to what was around him. he always made them adapt to him. D12 plays with no fire now. It's not his back that's hurting. He is not having fun.

SirSkyHook
01-06-2013, 09:53 AM
http://prosportsdaily.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/nba-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/nba/results/2012-2013/boxscore840427.html

lol -22 with 30pts 4ast 1stl 4rebs 37:29mins

same game Pau -23 6pts 4rebs 1ast 4tos 27:21 mins I dont remember but wasnt Pau bench again that game?

Fail

you make it so hard to feel bad for Pau lol

Hellcrooner
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM
lol -22 with 30pts 4ast 1stl 4rebs 37:29mins

same game Pau -23 6pts 4rebs 1ast 4tos 27:21 mins I dont remember but wasnt Pau bench again that game?

Fail

you make it so hard to feel bad for Pau lol

we are talking bout kobe here.

He has his -whatever games too.

SirSkyHook
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM
I find it humorous that when Kobe talks about his teammates he is being Kobe and keeping it real but when other players talk people say they are *****ing. smh. It is obvious that Howard isn't happy. Pau isn't happy. You see no happiness or excitement from that team. They do not enjoy what they do. Kobe is mostly to blame. Yes he has rings but he has never learned to adapt to what was around him. he always made them adapt to him. D12 plays with no fire now. It's not his back that's hurting. He is not having fun.

This is all he wants to do and he needs to grow the hell up. You can say Kobe's the blame but on the court when teams are playing Howard single coverage and he's not effective that Howard, and when he's not aggresive on both ends thats Howard. It's all ways someone elses fault with this generation. Man the hell up.

He wants to hang out, but Kobe has to patch **** up with the wifey and preparing for life after ball, HE MAY NOT HAVE TIME. Another thing Shaq and Kobe didnt get along but they both preformed night in and night out.

SirSkyHook
01-06-2013, 10:05 AM
we are talking bout kobe here.

He has his -whatever games too.

Your right Kobe does. He's not a god and is flawed like the rest. My issue with Pau is his effort, his ability hes holding back, and his excuses

HowFit
01-06-2013, 10:06 AM
One of the reasons I despise Kobe honestly. You are right. Kobe runs the Lakers, and will be their downfall as he ages.

I agree with this. When I read statements like this from Howard, the less I would want him on my team next year. It's all he ever is, DRAMA...

Minimal
01-06-2013, 10:23 AM
He took a backseat to Shaq? lol, he was that good only because of Shaq in that era.

Jesse2272
01-06-2013, 10:30 AM
thats a huge statement

wtf is going on in lakerland

you guys are done this season

javsvt
01-06-2013, 10:32 AM
If I were the Nets, I'd stay far away from DH. He just brings DRAMA!!! Get a defensive backup that can step in for Lopez if he goes down. I can see DWill going at it with DH.....

SINCESTARBURY25
01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I wonder what the Lakers are going to do now.

faze38
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM

Your team the Rockets are the clear cut choice, two very good passing guards and great shooters all over the place from a bball stand point it fits. I mean it puts him back in that Magic situation as far as spacing but they have way more talent then the Magic ever had!

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM

EDIT: Wow, if you read the whole article. It's a complete joke. You have Kobe talking about Shaq/being alpha male and then Howard questioning what Kobe said. So dysfunctional. With the last quote I posted, you could just tell Howard has utter dislike for Kobe, that quote was a direct shot that Kobe flaunts his 'alpha male' status.

You have Kobe saying that he took a backseat to Shaq, but is now the clear alpha male on this team. This will surely irk Howard because Howard doesn't like Shaq and Kobe would take a backseat for Shaq, but not him. Kobe, who knows if it was unintentional or not, basically said Howard/Kobe will never be Shaq/Kobe, insinuating Howard doesn't have Shaq's talents. I'm starting to strongly feel there is no way Howard will be back next year, I don't think he'll want to waste five years of his prime with Kobe.

Amare says hi

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Theres no way Dwight will leave that extra 25 million on the table and go to another team. I dont think any player has when offered a Max Contract.

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
My favorite comment is when he said he was "pretty young" when Shaq and Kobe played together. He was like....14-18 years old. I remember tons of stuff from the NBA way before that age.

I think he was avoiding the answer there ;-) lol

Plus, most 14 year olds don't know they game, they liek the personalities and athletic players (though i'm sure some who have grown up with basketball do).

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
This is why the Lakers need Phil Jackson. This kind of $#!T would fly if Phil was on the bench.

sharqstealth
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM

Rockets! Harden Lin Dwight big 3 will be so good

LakersKB24
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM
This is why the Lakers need Phil Jackson. This kind of $#!T would fly if Phil was on the bench.

My first thought.

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
1- la is a mess right now.
2- Howard isn't 100 percent right now. He is better then bynum. He doesn't get the shot attempts at all man they need to share the ball more.
3- Kobe is slowly coming back down to earth with that shooting percentage he needs to get the ball in Nash and Howard's hands more the ball will find him again. When Nash and Howard get it going how much easier of a shot will Kobe get? He has to figure it out man , la will be good

ne3xchamps
01-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Wow, Howard needs to stop being a little ***** and start playing like we all know he can. then the lakers will be fine.

STFU howard and do your thing! :facepalm:

ne3xchamps
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Odom, really?

this.

I've said this same thing many times and everyone just calls me a hater. But what they don't see is jordan tought PHIL the triangle offense and phil has had nothing but HOF'ers on his teams which is why he's won so many rings.

JdKing7
01-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Wow I can't believe he would even say anything like that publicly. The lakers are in trouble and Dwight might be all but gone unless this team can develop some kind of bond and chemistry.

ManRam
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
I think there was a reason Dwight was reluctant to say that he wanted to go to LAL. These petty chemistry issues seem to always arise on Kobe's Lakers team, but rarely seem to actually cause major problems on the court. Who knows if this actually is causing issues (I don't think we as outsiders can determine that), but clearly there's enough friction to get people chirping.

But yeah, there had to be some reason Dwight didn't want to go to LAL, you know...one of the two greatest franchises ever. Maybe it was Kobe. Maybe he just didn't wanna follow Shaq's shoes. Either way, even though it's been a couple months, this is hurting his legacy greatly. He's gotta be very frustrated.

And that makes me happy!

Mikeb29
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
This guy is a bi**h. He said he wanted to come here to learn from Kobe and have Kobe push him to get to the next level. Now he's whining and crying like the baby he is cause Kobe is just doing what he does and this no sac big baby can't handle it. Make up your mind do you want to be pushed and get to that so called next level you crave, or do you just wanna continue to be a whining pre Madonna that won't achieve greatness.

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 12:11 PM
He made it clear he didn't want to be in LA^

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Let me ask you this going from being the star to a number 3 and maybe even the number 4 with the touches he gets wouldn't you be a little frustrated? Everybody knows Dwight is a ***** , but he still needs more shots

GiantsSwaGG
01-06-2013, 12:14 PM

:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
They need to blow it up and start all over. They stink more than Hawkeye doodoo

Mikeb29
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Coming here and knowing your on a team with stars that's the sacrifice you make. Look at the games when he gets touches and is non existent on both ends of the floor. Coming here he said he's willing to learn from kobe and do what it takes. If its about "team" then he shouldn't be whining about touches or anything else cause when he is getting the ball he's either turning it over or being unproductive. He's had a handful of good games and that's it

LakersKB24
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM
this.

I've said this same thing many times and everyone just calls me a hater. But what they don't see is jordan tought PHIL the triangle offense and phil has had nothing but HOF'ers on his teams which is why he's won so many rings.

You can say about Phil what you want, but one thing you can't deny is his people skills, he knows how to keep egos in check and how to build chemistry.

ManRam
01-06-2013, 12:30 PM
You can say about Phil what you want, but one thing you can't deny is his people skills, he knows how to keep egos in check and how to build chemistry.

And that's what the Lakers need. I was one of the few defending Brown (even though I admitted it was a bad hire). He's generally good with chemsitry-related stuff (though it's debatable that he actually was doing a good job with that). The team's issues at the time had a lot to do with injuries, a lack of depth and some porous defense. I think with time Brown would have corrected thing. With all the crap he got about the offense, the offense was doing as well then as it is now, and that's without Nash.

Bringing in D'Antoni addressed no needs. He's not a rah! rah! leader nor is he a great chemistry or clubhouse guy. The Lakers were doing fine offensively, even without Nash, yet they decided to ignore their main problem, defense. They don't seem motivated, they don't seem to like each other and they just look off. Mike isn't fixing any of that ****.

I'm not sure Mike D is a guy who can repair a fractured clubhouse. While I do think Phil gets a bit overrated (I mean, he's coached some of the most talented teams ever), if there was anyone who could have turned this ship around it was Phil.

#Shumpert Up
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM

Houston, Atlanta, or Dallas

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
It would be Hilarious if the Lakers miss the playoffs.

Weezy
01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I think there was a reason Dwight was reluctant to say that he wanted to go to LAL. These petty chemistry issues seem to always arise on Kobe's Lakers team, but rarely seem to actually cause major problems on the court. Who knows if this actually is causing issues (I don't think we as outsiders can determine that), but clearly there's enough friction to get people chirping.

But yeah, there had to be some reason Dwight didn't want to go to LAL, you know...one of the two greatest franchises ever. Maybe it was Kobe. Maybe he just didn't wanna follow Shaq's shoes. Either way, even though it's been a couple months, this is hurting his legacy greatly. He's gotta be very frustrated.

And that makes me happy!

You Magic fans must be enjoying all this Lakers drama for this year... :laugh2:

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Kobe needs to go the Miami if he wants that 6th ring.

SwatTeam
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Why is there a discussion on a below .500 team that won't make the playoffs? I hope there is a thread about the chemistry problems with Sacramento?

Lakers forum. . . Ah that felt good. Like taking a dump.

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Sacramento

ManRam
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
You Magic fans must be enjoying all this Lakers drama for this year... :laugh2:

Of course. I was terrified to watch Lakers games early on because I didn't think I could handle their success. After what we've dealt with I have no shame in admitting that their dysfunction makes me so incredibly happy. Especially since it's the Lakers, who are championship or bust (AKA spoiled). Lakers fans think THEY have it hard...hahaha.

thephoenixson28
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Lakers better trade him to New jersey while they still have a chance.

CelticsD#1
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I feel super bad for this team. I kind of had this bad feeling about the Kobe-Dwight pairing, especially since it didnt work so well with Shaq. I thought mayb Nash would be the difference maker and keep the peace, but then again Kobe is Kobe. He has been the guy in L.A. for so long, he doesnt want to relinquish that. For this team to get better, DH will need to get mean, he will need to start flaunting his alpha male, he cant ask for the keys to the city. He needs to take them. This team will go no where with Kobe putting up 40 every night on 15-35 shooting. Too much talent for him to have to do all that volume shooting. But it wont happen because DH is mentally soft, he proved that with his inability to make decisions in Orl.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2013, 01:05 PM
1- la is a mess right now.
2- Howard isn't 100 percent right now. He is better then bynum. He doesn't get the shot attempts at all man they need to share the ball more.
3- Kobe is slowly coming back down to earth with that shooting percentage he needs to get the ball in Nash and Howard's hands more the ball will find him again. When Nash and Howard get it going how much easier of a shot will Kobe get? He has to figure it out man , la will be good

last 5 games .55 from field 35ppg

overall .483 from field

CelticsD#1
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Kobe needs to go the Miami if he wants that 6th ring.
Lol at that...that would b something special. I dont think Lebron and Wade would welcome him tho, he was there main competition for best player in the league for like 5 years str8. Now its all about KD!!!

CelticsD#1
01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
And that's what the Lakers need. I was one of the few defending Brown (even though I admitted it was a bad hire). He's generally good with chemsitry-related stuff (though it's debatable that he actually was doing a good job with that). The team's issues at the time had a lot to do with injuries, a lack of depth and some porous defense. I think with time Brown would have corrected thing. With all the crap he got about the offense, the offense was doing as well then as it is now, and that's without Nash.

Bringing in D'Antoni addressed no needs. He's not a rah! rah! leader nor is he a great chemistry or clubhouse guy. The Lakers were doing fine offensively, even without Nash, yet they decided to ignore their main problem, defense. They don't seem motivated, they don't seem to like each other and they just look off. Mike isn't fixing any of that ****.

I'm not sure Mike D is a guy who can repair a fractured clubhouse. While I do think Phil gets a bit overrated (I mean, he's coached some of the most talented teams ever), if there was anyone who could have turned this ship around it was Phil.
Agree with you 100%. Hit the nail on the head. I dont get the D'Antoni hire, seems kind of desperate to me.

knicksballers
01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Im telling everybody him and paul will sign 2 year extensions and then go and play with there budy melo in ny book it 2015 anyone can quote this

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM
last 5 games .55 from field 35ppg

overall .483 from field

48 is lower then he was is my point. He won't keep it that high

dreday
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM

I didn't know it was this bad but I can see how Kobe would be upset with Howard. Kobe is a true professional like MJ, KG, etc... they practice hard play hard every play and Howard is a bit of a kid. I'm not the biggest Kobe fan but I think he's right on the this one when you come to a team that has a culture of winning and hard work you have to adapt to the that culture not ask them to adjust to you. Howard isn't Shaq not even in the same class! Howard need to step up and accept his role on the team rebound block shot and take advantage of the opportunities that come him. I don't think it will happen I think he leaves at the end of the year sign and trade Dallas, Clippers, or Nets (maybe Knicks).

Htownballa1622
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
**** it,

Lopez/Hill
Humphries/Metta
Gay/Kobe
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Morris

Nope.

contracts are WAY off. Parsons makes under a mill.

BUT

you can have this superstar(or so he thinks) named ROYCE WHITE:p

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Royce white for pau :drool:

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
That man is gone. Suddenly Mark Cuban looks like a genius. I prefer him in Atlanta though. That would be a very good defensive lineup. Do the Celtics have the space to sign him?

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
:facepalm:

Half of your posts are :facepalm:'s, the other half posters :facepalm: you. Vicious cycle.

SportsFanatic10
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
kobe's arrogance strikes again. lol good ****.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Im telling everybody him and paul will sign 2 year extensions and then go and play with there budy melo in ny book it 2015 anyone can quote this

lol, ummm, what?

rocket
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM

No, he's kinda not.

DoMeFavors
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Well I agree teams get up and cheer for each other and are better friends on the court it has a better chemistry. Kobe is probably so different of a teamate to Dwight and probably gives it to him when he isnt playing well. Dwight is used to having goof ball teamates.

DoMeFavors
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
That man is gone. Suddenly Mark Cuban looks like a genius. I prefer him in Atlanta though. That would be a very good defensive lineup. Do the Celtics have the space to sign him?

ATL has a better record and has Josh Smith and Al Horford I dont think he wants to go to Dallas anymore/.

Hickenlooper
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
This is all a result of Dwight Howard being the most overrated and overhyped big man in NBA history, and the Lakers not realizing it before the trade.

ManRam
01-06-2013, 02:25 PM
This is all a result of Dwight Howard being the most overrated and overhyped big man in NBA history, and the Lakers not realizing it before the trade.

Did you ever watch him in Orlando?

I'm guessing no.

Don't get too carried away by this small sample size. He's clearly not himself.

Hickenlooper
01-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Did you ever watch him in Orlando?

I'm guessing no.

Don't get too carried away by this small sample size. He's clearly not himself.

I did. Great athlete. Amazing physical specimen. Great defender. Average offensive skills, no post game.

In the 90's, I'm not sure he would have made a starting roster let alone an All Star Game.

DoMeFavors
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I did. Great athlete. Amazing physical specimen. Great defender. Average offensive skills, no post game.

In the 90's, I'm not sure he would have made a starting roster let alone an All Star Game.

huh? WHAT!

cmoney2424
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
The funny thing is that DH seems to be the biggest problem with this Lakers team. Everyone was expecting him to be this dominant presence down low, but so far he has been avg at best and he's totally capped Gasol's abilities down low as well. Lakeshow isn't going anywhere unless they make some moves. And play some damn DEFENSE!

Hickenlooper
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
huh? WHAT!

How old were you in 1994?

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
ATL has a better record and has Josh Smith and Al Horford I dont think he wants to go to Dallas anymore/.

He never showed any inclination to go to ATL even when he was trying to force himself out of ORL. Maybe he has changed his stance.

Players do not care about playing in their hometowns as much as people think

shep33
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
The problem isn't Kobe's play on the court. He's had a phenomenal year, so anybody saying he's an inefficient chucker are straight wrong. 5th in PER, 59.4TS%, 30.5 ppg, 48.3% from the field.

I kind of understand why Dwight didn't want to come to LA. The pressure is high here, and I don't think he can handle it.

I'm okay with him leaving and I don't think many fans in LA will be heart broken, we need to rebuild in 2014 either way. With him or without him.

Bruno
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Kobe three-peated with Shaq, not exactly a selfless player.

and you're kidding yourself if you dont think Kobe appreciates Pau. that's why he's defended him and praised him since day one (one of the few who's done it). you dont like Kob- fine. But don't pretend like he hasn't stood by your boy and supported him since day one.

Chronz
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM

So Rik Smits is better than Dwight?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM
I still think he bolts ... money is money but I don't think he will wanna play robin to Kobe anymore ....

Dallas and Houston and atl would be his best options ... dirk may be old but he is still dirk and a lineup of collison mayo Marion dirk and Dwight would be good ... Dwight did alot with role players in Orlando so he could do well with that lineup or a combo of Dwight harden Lin and Parsons or Dwight josh Smith horford teague ... only was he gets to nets is a trade and I doubt Lakers will trade him there

Alayla
01-06-2013, 04:54 PM

Bynum may never be the same and philly does have good young talent that may interest howard in Holiday Turner and Young we would have to move spencer hawes and kwame brown to make the money work though this being said no way this happens it just sounds impossible.

JC_
01-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I bet if they traded Kobe for someone good but with a cooler personality, the Lakers would be rolling. Those guys need to feel like they are in a positive environment working towards a common goal.

meloman1592
01-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm just surprised NYspirit made a good thread

Cracka2HI!
01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Lakers should really think about trading him. I think he is addition by subtraction and would bring in something that might rejuvunate the team.

J4KOP99
01-06-2013, 05:17 PM
I cannot even begin to put into words just how disgusted I am with the Lakers organization this year. I have been a fan for my entire life, through the great in the 80's, to the bad in the mid 90's and then the shaq-kobe years.... NEVER have I felt like this.

Everything is a mess, and it just does not seem to be getting better. The sad thing is, I don't even really care right now, I've become numb to the nonsense.

Just go out there and win some ****ing games. Stop complaining or finding excuses, just play basketball. Enough is enough.

Vampirate
01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
The problem isn't Kobe's play on the court. He's had a phenomenal year, so anybody saying he's an inefficient chucker are straight wrong. 5th in PER, 59.4TS%, 30.5 ppg, 48.3% from the field.

I kind of understand why Dwight didn't want to come to LA. The pressure is high here, and I don't think he can handle it.

I'm okay with him leaving and I don't think many fans in LA will be heart broken, we need to rebuild in 2014 either way. With him or without him.

Now imagine the pressure in the Lakers being the Main Man.

RLundi
01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
I approve of this situation :)

jimm120
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM

huh? WHAT!

I can't believe i"m agreeing with DMF but yeah...what?!

Ok, I DO believe he wouldn't be the top Center in the league. And I could easily see him having a hard time making all-star teams with the likes of Ewing, Mourning, Mutombo, Smits, and Shaq all in the eastern conference. Specifically, Ewing and Shaq would bump him off the all-star team. And Mourning and Mutumbo would be right there with him.

Dwight is a GREAT center and IS the best center today (not necessarily offensively, but he IS the best overall). But yeah, it'd be difficult to make the allstar team in the east (and I'm obviously not even gonna mention the West, which had Hakeem, Shaq later on, Robinson, etc).

But in no way do I think that other comment about "him even being on a starting roster"....that's just ludicrous. Only places he wouldn't have had a starting gig were NY, Orlando, Miami, and the other places where those other players were.

jimm120
01-06-2013, 05:31 PM
I cannot even begin to put into words just how disgusted I am with the Lakers organization this year. I have been a fan for my entire life, through the great in the 80's, to the bad in the mid 90's and then the shaq-kobe years.... NEVER have I felt like this.

Everything is a mess, and it just does not seem to be getting better. The sad thing is, I don't even really care right now, I've become numb to the nonsense.

Just go out there and win some ****ing games. Stop complaining or finding excuses, just play basketball. Enough is enough.

This is what happens to a Dantoni coached team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

2010-11 Knicks were a .500 team...but should have been better.

2011-12 Knicks were 18-24 with him.
2011-12 Knicks were 18-6 with woodson. SAME ROSTER...hell, even more injury plagued with Amare/Lin out and yet.

And now look at the kNicks in 2012-13. Outstanding. Knicks this year with Dantoni as coach still would be another .500 team.

And that's what the lakers will be for this year with Dantoni. A .500 team mostly. THey'll make runs and win a lot of games, but then play .500 for a big portion and then have long losing streaks.

NYYCowboys
01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Odom, really?

-Kobe was better then than he is now.
-Nash is older and no where near MVP level.
- Odom was an all-star and the 3rd option ahead of Bynum.
- The last championship team had 3 of the top 20 players in the league, and possibly the best player ever when it's all said and done.
-And yeah I guess Phil Jackson is overrated because you think so. He only has 13 rings for his career. 11 as a coach.

Please get some semblance of basketball knowledge.

STA_PLAR
01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Kobe needs to stop being selfish and I bet this team will do a whole lot better.

Before you Kobe riders have a heart attack let me explain.

Yes, he is playing incredibly efficient but nobody else is getting involved. I have seen games where he shoots 25+ times and Pau and Dwight have 7 to ten shots.

When you play with ball hogs you lose love for the game. Kobe is playing very well but when I watch the lakers play he often takes contested shots which should be passes.

Even if Dwight is injured Pau can still do some damage.

The other day against the clippers Steve Nash was open a few times and he failed to pass it. Kobe drains himself out. Nash, although loves to pass, has a sweet jumpshot.

I think if Kobe limitied himself to 15-18 shots and shared the wealth ...the Lakers would be a whole lot better.

petersmagic12
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Odom, really?

Kobe is playing really well right now but the year they won the championship Gasol was actually playing well which he is not right now. Odom had his best years on the lakers so you saying odom really? doesnt mean anything to me. The last championship team of the lakers was in 2009-2010 season he almost averaged a double double off the bench.

There is no one off the Lakers bench right now remotely close to that production. The lakers did not have the best bench but better then they have now. Shannon, brown, sasha vucheic or however spell it, steve blake, luke walton. Those players were more productive then the lakers bench is now. And Phil Jackson may be overrated but hes alot better coach then Dantoni.

So saying that bynum won with kobe doesnt help your argument and plus nash has been injured most of the season. If nash was here in the begining idk how bad the lakers would be.

beliges
01-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Kobe needs to stop being selfish and I bet this team will do a whole lot better.

Before you Kobe riders have a heart attack let me explain.

Yes, he is playing incredibly efficient but nobody else is getting involved. I have seen games where he shoots 25+ times and Pau and Dwight have 7 to ten shots.

When you play with ball hogs you lose love for the game. Kobe is playing very well but when I watch the lakers play he often takes contested shots which should be passes.

Even if Dwight is injured Pau can still do some damage.

The other day against the clippers Steve Nash was open a few times and he failed to pass it. Kobe drains himself out. Nash, although loves to pass, has a sweet jumpshot.

I think if Kobe limitied himself to 15-18 shots and shared the wealth ...the Lakers would be a whole lot better.

Kobe is scoring a lot because the Lakers are very thin when it comes to scoring ability. Both Dwight and pau, both of whom are supposed to carry the offensive load, have been nearly non existent. Unfortunately if Kobe only shoots 15-18, the Lakers would struggle to score. Dwight needs to play at an elite level again. He's been a disappointment so far. Kobe shouldn't be forced to score 30 a night at this point in his career.

krisxsong
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
If the Nets were smart they would trade Bropez and every pick they have available for Dwight.

I wouldn't do that.

Lopez + a pick okay.

Then trade Hump in a separate deal.

D-Leethal
01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't do that.

Lopez + a pick okay.

Then trade Hump in a separate deal.

A pick and roll C like Dwight who can anchor a top defense is a much better fit than Lopez for you guys.

LakersMaster24
01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Thing is, Dwight has not been playing like a franchise centerpiece thus far. Shaq talking trash about Kobe is different, because Shaq would score 28PPG and give you 13RPG every game. Dwight gets the ball stripped once every 2 possessions and has yet to show me that he can score on a consistent basis. Its probably the injury, but meanwhile Dwight should shut up and just rebound every shot, and play shut down defense.

krisxsong
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM

LOL

Dwight is by far still the best big man in the NBA.

He may not have many post moves, but how many guys can average 22 points on 60%+?

krisxsong
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Thing is, Dwight has not been playing like a franchise centerpiece thus far. Shaq talking trash about Kobe is different, because Shaq would score 28PPG and give you 13RPG every game. Dwight gets the ball stripped once every 2 possessions and has yet to show me that he can score on a consistent basis. Its probably the injury, but meanwhile Dwight should shut up and just rebound every shot, and play shut down defense.

This is ridiculous man.

17.4 points, 12 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 57%?

That's franchise centerpiece stats.

Yes it's a down year for him, but that should only show you how good he is when healthy.

beliges
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM

This is ridiculous man.

17.4 points, 12 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 57%?

That's franchise centerpiece stats.

Yes it's a down year for him, but that should only show you how good he is when healthy.

Its not about the numbers. Its about impact. Numbers don't automatically mean good play. Simply put Dwight has been a major disappointment so far this season for the Lakers. He's not playing anywhere near the level of play he's capable of. Kobe should not be forced to carry the team all by himself anymore. Dwight needs to step up and provide a helping hand. Until that happens, Kobe will continue to try to keep the team.afloat all by himself.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Dwight should have some respect. He's the bruised newcomer with only 3 post moves. Kobe's the vet. It is still HIS team. Until Dwight steps up, he needs to let the introvert Black Mamba be.

I would guess it's Howard that people don't like. After the fiasco with Orlando, who could blame the players for not warming to Howard?

beliges
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Dwight should have some respect. He's the bruised newcomer with only 3 post moves. Kobe's the vet. It is still HIS team. Until Dwight steps up, he needs to let the introvert Black Mamba be.

I would guess it's Howard that people don't like. After the fiasco with Orlando, who could blame the players for not warming to Howard?

Players don't need to like each other to play well. These guys are pros. This is a defining moment for Dwight's career. Simply put Dwight needs to get to that elite level otherwise the Lakers are all but done.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Players don't need to like each other to play well. These guys are pros. This is a defining moment for Dwight's career. Simply put Dwight needs to get to that elite level otherwise the Lakers are all but done.Don't tell me, tell them. If they can't be professional and instead think glaring at each other in the locker room is better, they have a reason for it. Dwight needs to step up, or go on the inactive list until he's really healthy. If he didn't humiliate himself in Orlando, maybe chemistry wouldn't be so bad.

*Silver&Black*
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Josh Smith and Hawks will welcome him this summer.

nolin
01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Players don't need to like each other to play well. These guys are pros. This is a defining moment for Dwight's career. Simply put Dwight needs to get to that elite level otherwise the Lakers are all but done.

diagree u have to like your teammates to play well. this teams biggest problem is chemistry. like howard said they dont like one another. This is something that cant be fixed over night. This is why Lakers will not get out of the 2nd rd. if there lucky enough to get out the 1st.

KnickaBocka.44
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
diagree u have to like your teammates to play well. this teams biggest problem is chemistry. like howard said they dont like one another. This is something that cant be fixed over night. This is why Lakers will not get out of the 2nd rd. if there lucky enough to get out the 1st.

You should be able to put your personal differences aside and do what it takes to win on the court. When the game is moving that fast you shouldnt be stopping to think about how much you disike the guy you are about to pass the ball to. You do what it takes for team success, thats what being a professional is.

bucketss
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM

lol i think its obvious who everyone doesn't like.

kblo247
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Dwight has gone from Beast to B!tch. Him and Pau look like Laverne and Shirley. I hope the Lakers get there **** together soon.

Don't you ever disgrace that classic sitcom like that :mad:

Dantoni also said that Nash and Dwight basically have no chemistry as well when it comes to pnr either way, in fact Dwight is the first guy I've seen yell at Nash ever but he's done it multiple games since he's been back for not passing the ball right or not defending right, on top of Pau. He yelled at Kobe once, but Kobe pointed and yelled back and then he dapped him lol. And Metta well no one but Kobe is crazy enough screw with him

I still say the most frustrated person is Dwight because he can't be Dwight since he came back too early, he lacks his strength and speed

ldawg
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
No howard need to grow up and step up. Look i dont go to my co-workers house and we dont hang out or have a relationship out side of work and we all get along just fine. We can but we dont. Howard is a prima Donna and just want to be loved and have fun. Play ball and shut the hell up.

Hickenlooper
01-06-2013, 10:43 PM
LOL

Dwight is by far still the best big man in the NBA.

He may not have many post moves, but how many guys can average 22 points on 60%+?

OK, saying he wouldn't be a starter was hyperbole. My bad, for those of you without a sense of humor.

But there's no way he would be putting up those numbers in any era but this one, where the talent level at the center position is at an all-time low. If he is the best, that is quite an indictment of this era's big men.

Shaq, Ewing, the Dream, Robinson, Mourning, Mutumbo... He would have been dominated--DOMINATED--by the likes of them.

ldawg
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Don't you ever disgrace that classic sitcom like that :mad:

Dantoni also said that Nash and Dwight basically have no chemistry as well when it comes to pnr either way, in fact Dwight is the first guy I've seen yell at Nash ever but he's done it multiple games since he's been back for not passing the ball right or not defending right, on top of Pau. He yelled at Kobe once, but Kobe pointed and yelled back and then he sapped him lol.

I still say the most frustrated person is Dwight because he can't be Dwight since he came back too early, he lacks his strength and speedIt high lights his lack of skills. Dude need to learn how to shoot.

ThaDubs
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
D12 just became D12,000

BullsFTW
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Bye bye Dwight...Dallas bound?!

Sly Guy
01-06-2013, 11:27 PM

exactly. Kobe and Shaq didn't. So what? Just win.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Kobe took a backseat to Shaq that's a laugh. I've said it for awhile now the lakers just look like a bunch of guys with same color jerseys but I wouldn't call them a team. Yes it's about winning games but they also chose to do this to have fun as well and none of em look like that is happening at all. I've seen only a handful of laker games this season and from what I've seen they still don't utilize pau or dwight well. Those saying Dwight needs to step it up its hard when most of his touches come from rebounds. Even pau hardly works in the post against the Clippers he was chucking 3s smh

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Kobe took a backseat to Shaq that's a laugh. I've said it for awhile now the lakers just look like a bunch of guys with same color jerseys but I wouldn't call them a team. Yes it's about winning games but they also chose to do this to have fun as well and none of em look like that is happening at all. I've seen only a handful of laker games this season and from what I've seen they still don't utilize pau or dwight well. Those saying Dwight needs to step it up its hard when most of his touches come from rebounds. Even pau hardly works in the post against the Clippers he was chucking 3s smh

Case and point Dwight was 6-7 from the field tonight in Lakers lost to Denver and he had 26 rebounds 3 of them offensive he gets no touches. Btw the great leader Kobe shot it 26 times making 11 of em

Jiggy2maHeat
01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Kobe is producing, Howard is producing, the Lakers bench is above average and yet they're under .500. Blame Kobe's shots all you want but I think the problem is the coaching style. Kobe has always been this way and has 5 championships to show for it.

NYSpirit1
01-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Kobe is producing, Howard is producing, the Lakers bench is above average and yet they're under .500. Blame Kobe's shots all you want but I think the problem is the coaching style. Kobe has always been this way and has 5 championships to show for it.

Wrong in every sense of it. Kobe has never won a championship as the focal point. 2000-2002 was Shaq all the way. 2009-2010 was a combo of Gasol, Bynum and Odom.

Mid 2000s was a bunch of first round exits and a missed playoff on Kobe scoring 30-35 a game.

ManRam
01-07-2013, 01:22 AM

A bit too fixated on the offensive side of the ball.

Kobe has been awful defensively. Dwight hasn't been his normal self defensively. And the team? They're 21st in defensive rating.

They have a top 5-6 offense this season...it's the defense that's killing them.

beliges
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM

A bit too fixated on the offensive side of the ball.

Kobe has been awful defensively. Dwight hasn't been his normal self defensively. And the team? They're 21st in defensive rating.

They have a top 5-6 offense this season...it's the defense that's killing them.

They have a top 6 offense because of Kobe. But yes they're defense is inexcusable for a Lakers team.

Jahari Kavi
01-07-2013, 02:02 AM
they don't have the personnel.....I've been saying it......I don't think they'll make the playoffs

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 02:37 AM
How can you like eachother when your team leader is a ballhog who's only concern is beating MJ at everything, your center is immature, your point guard is 40, your small forward is unathletic and has a history of being a complete *******, your power forward is inconsistent, your bench lacks any sort of depth outside of AJ, and you have a mediocre coach who doesn't have anything to offer but solid offense?

Ni55anpat
01-07-2013, 02:48 AM
NO way they don't make the playoffs.

They'll find a way to gel, the Heat started off slow together as well, granted not as bad as the Lakers.....but they'll be okay

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 03:03 AM
NO way they don't make the playoffs.

They'll find a way to gel, the Heat started off slow together as well, granted not as bad as the Lakers.....but they'll be okay

well they have less than 50 games to do just that I can see them maybe making the playoffs but beyond that time will tell

jrm2054
01-07-2013, 03:18 AM
They need to make a tv show with Kobe and Dwight living together

Sssmush
01-07-2013, 03:36 AM

Wow.

Looks like this entire DH12 thing might be coming full circle to where it was this time last year with the bizarre melodrama in Orlando.

DH12 might be an alpha male, but he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with Kobe's pack. If he thinks he's so much better, then he should be out there putting Kobe and Metta to shame, dominating games and taking over defensively. He's not. And now he's showing himself as maybe a bit of a whiner or complainer. I don't want to say "loser" but these kind of comments are not great.

It's a disappointment, but we'll see how things work out. It's still better that we got Dwight and dumped Bynum. Having Bynum this year, especially signed to a monster extension, would've just been so humiliating for this Lakers team and the front office.

Is Dwight better than Igoudala so far? Maybe, probably not. But either way the Lakers come out ahead. Even if Dwight wants to leave the Lakers have a great trading chip to do a sign and trade or something. And let's be honest Dwight is not that amazing as he's been advertised to be. He's on the big stage now and he looks considerably smaller and less impressive than he did in Toon Town.

cutiepie80
01-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Is Howard a free agent next year?

This mix has been atrocious. Kobe needs to retire, same with Nash.

JNoel
01-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Howard's a free agent, but in the end of the day, money talks

cutiepie80
01-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Lakers won't sign him, that's a guarantee.

Raye
01-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Case in point: They all hate Dwight

Kenny
01-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Apparently Howard and Kobe had heated exchange after new years day loss. Bryant called Howard soft.

Stefan Brody of new york daily news on twitter just posted it.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2013, 04:24 AM
Howard to the Nets rumors begins again. Watch. :facepalm:

Dwight had to be restrained from going after Kobe apparently. :laugh2:

strokeman
01-07-2013, 04:27 AM
Howard is playing Soft, KG called him a clown during a game when he was in Orlando. Howard is not Shaq, Shaq clowned around but when it was game time he put on his big boy pants and went hard!
i've never seen a big man get strip so much, he is a turnover machine this year and that "stupid Ball" system as Magic call it, is not helping.
D12 will never win a championship if he doesn't get focus, LA should have gotten Phil to coach the big Baby like he requested.

8to88
01-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Kobe is super selfish and a complete idiot, but has mad skills. Howard is the same 18 year old that entered the NBA maturity & skill wise. A lazy over rated player that will not make the money he would had he not be a spoled brat all of last year. Now he is totally exposed. All the guy can do is block shots and dunk. I am so happy as a Rockets fan that they did not land him as Asik is totally outplaying him and meshes in with teamates better. DH just clogs up the lane and is a late game liability due to his pathetic free throw shooting. The Lakers took a chance but will not be missing much when he leaves. DH 's new team will not be getting the best center in the league as he isn't !

Greedy22
01-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Howard is playing Soft, KG called him a clown during a game when he was in Orlando. Howard is not Shaq, Shaq clowned around but when it was game time he put on his big boy pants and went hard!i've never seen a big man get strip so much, he is a turnover machine this year and that "stupid Ball" system as Magic call it, is not helping.
D12 will never win a championship if he doesn't get focus, LA should have gotten Phil to coach the big Baby like he requested.

This is true, as much as I hated Shaq for his attitude toward his injuries and conditioning the man put on his big boy pants and busted his *** when it mattered most.

JayW_1023
01-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Its not about the numbers. Its about impact. Numbers don't automatically mean good play. Simply put Dwight has been a major disappointment so far this season for the Lakers. He's not playing anywhere near the level of play he's capable of. Kobe should not be forced to carry the team all by himself anymore. Dwight needs to step up and provide a helping hand. Until that happens, Kobe will continue to try to keep the team.afloat all by himself.

When you shoot the ball 57% percent, you should get the ball more. Come on.

The excuses people make for Kobe's shot selection is once again baffling.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Wow now howard is "soft" too :facepalm: KObe fans :facepalm:

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
:laugh: Championship :laugh:

MagicHero3
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Dwight is a cancer to team chemistry

xxplayerxx23
01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Kobe is a cancer^ how do you take 19 more shots the Dwight. Give the man the ball more the 7 shots z

MagicHero3
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Kobe is a cancer^ how do you take 19 more shots the Dwight. Give the man the ball more the 7 shots z

how many titles does kobe have compared to dwight? cancers dont win championships.

You are right though, other talent on that team needs to take shots. I think the coach is a problem too. his "system" doesnt fit this team at all. Pau and Dwight belong on the post. I mean, even John Fox understood that. you alter the system based on your team strengths, and thats how you win.

Chronz
01-07-2013, 11:58 AM
how many titles does kobe have compared to dwight? cancers dont win championships.

They can win 1, but your right, multiple championships is something I dont think cancers can accomplish.

kdspurman
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Just saw this on somewhere online... 2004-05 Lakers, w/Chucky Atkins at PG & Chris Mihm at C, were 18-15 thru 33. In 2012-13, w/Nash & Dwight, LA = 15-18

It will be interesting to see if these guys can pull it together the 2nd half of the season. I wonder if Kobe will start shooting less. Dwight isn't necessarily like Shaq where you could just throw it to him and let him go score 25-30 points and it's not like Bynum/Gasol weren't having similar issues last year where they weren't involved enough.

I think that as a team if they can improve their defense, it might brush the offensive chemistry under the rug. But with their personnel it'll certainly be challenging

sammyvine
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM

Kobe has won before

Dwight hasn't

Anji
01-07-2013, 12:43 PM
How much will it cost to get Howard out of LA???

Do the Nyets have enough???

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Kobe has won before

Dwight hasn't

Kobe didn't win it alone last time I checked. Even his last 2 are more credited to his supporting cast then him. Don't try to make it seem like Kobe can win it all alone like he is trying to do now. It didn't work then and it damn sure isn't working now.

He115ing
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Love the NBA drama!! Better than a soap opera!

Snakeyestx
01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
So the moral of the story is, a college education teaches social skills, team work, and comraderie lacking in today's nba draftees coming out of high school for the past 16 years. Gotcha. :D

Hickenlooper
01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Dwight Howard needs to bow down to a legend still at the top of his game. Sorry, but that's the power structure.

RLundi
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
They need to make a tv show with Kobe and Dwight living together

Dwight would definitely be the catcher.

Stinkyoutsider
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Their relationship is a mess. Normally, you would look at the coach to step in but I think D'Antoni isn't a player's coach, which is making this situation worse...

Both Kobe and Dwight are right but they're going about this the wrong way. You've got to keep this stuff in the locker room. I think Dwight wants there to be friendship so you know your teammates have your back. And Kobe is coming back and saying that it wasn't like that with him and Shaq, and they still won 3 titles.

D'Antoni and the rest of the coaching staff need to organize more team activities off the court to fix this imo. These guys will be competing as a unit for the entire season and have the same goals, so they need to come together to make sure they have the same mindset.

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
I bet that if Kobe wasn't he team leader wasn't be team leader their record would improve. I think the key to success for the Lakers is team chemistry. They could learn a thing or two from the Warriors. It's not easy to win when nobody wants to feed the ball to eachother.