PDA

View Full Version : Longest Record for Futility

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I've been scourging the internet trying to find the longest streak of playoff futility in NBA history. I'm inclined to believe that the record belongs to the Clippers... but I'm not sure.

What got me wondering is the fact that i realized the Washington Wizards are on pace to have their first straight seasons with less than 30 wins. Their highest total in the last four seasons was 26. I don't expect them to top that this year.

Every franchises goes through "re-building" modes, but 5 straight season with less than 30 wins? That's gotta be rough. I know the Clippers went 12 straight season without making a playoff appearance (technically it went 14 seasons if you include their time un Buffalo as "the Braves", it is the same franchise), but during that time they never went 5 straight seasons with fewer than 30 wins.

So, the longest streak in futility that I can find are as follows: 14 straight seasons with failing to make the playoffs (the Braves/Clippers), and assuming the Wizards don't go on a long winning streak this season, 5 straight seasons with 26 wins or less.

Anybody know what the official record is in futility?

asandhu23
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Warriors by far.