PDA

View Full Version : Should the Mavs trade Dirk?

VicTheWizard
01-05-2013, 08:27 PM
The Mavs really aren't going anywhere, all they really have to play for is a possible 7th or 8th seed and a certain 1st td playoff exit, I can see the Mavs starting a rebuilding process, and I think they should trade Dirk now while he still has some value, there are definitely a few teams out there that could contend if they added Dirk.

heyman321
01-05-2013, 08:31 PM
They should, but Cuban won't, and Dirk won't ask for a trade.

More-Than-Most
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I would but they wont

Faneik
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
The Mavs really aren't going anywhere, all they really have to play for is a possible 7th or 8th seed and a certain 1st td playoff exit, I can see the Mavs starting a rebuilding process, and I think they should trade Dirk now while he still has some value, there are definitely a few teams out there that could contend if they added Dirk.

look at the lakers record...

should the lakers trade kobe? while he still has some value?

Faneik
01-05-2013, 08:41 PM
same question has been asked regarding Paul Pierce...

imo, dirk/pierce should only be moved if they request it.

let them finish their contracts.

I'd hate that Pierce would retire as a non-Celtic

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
same question has been asked regarding Paul Pierce...

imo, dirk/pierce should only be moved if they request it.

let them finish their contracts.

I'd hate that Pierce would retire as a non-Celtic

This. It is a special thing for a player to play his entire career with one team. It doesn't happen often. There are only a handful of players in a position to do that right now; Duncan, Parker, Manu, Kobe, PP and Dirk (and yes, there are some much younger guys who can still do it).

Dirk brought Dallas a championship and made them a contender for longer than a decade. I think he has done enough for the organization that they should let him finish his career however he chooses to. If guys like PP or Dirk wanted to be traded, then yes, I would look into trading them. But if they want to finish their careers with the franchises that they have always played with and won championships with, I think those franchises should honour that. Yes, it would be in their best interest to move those guys for younger pieces, but I think the right thing to do is to give them a chance to do something special and retire in the only uniform they ever played in.

hail2skins4life
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM
It could be beneficial for the Mavs but I think they should leave that up to Dirk. He is a player that deserves to be on the same team for his entire career if he wants. Same for Pierce

HouRealCoach
01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
look at the lakers record...

should the lakers trade kobe? while he still has some value?

Lakers are bad because of their coach... Mavs actually have a decent team but not good enough to win a title (or be a contender) and not sorry enough to get a high pick.. It's not a good position to be in

It wouldn't be a bad idea but Cuban isn't trading Dirk away

Weezy
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
He's a Mav for life.

JEDean89
01-05-2013, 11:14 PM
the best thing pierce, duncan and nowitzki can do is resign for a huge paycut so they can get some superstars around them.

JordansBulls
01-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Only if he asked for it

c.c.
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Dirk and the Mavs are like MJ and the Bulls. He's the franchise best player ever, no freaking way that's gonna happen!

rocket
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
They should, but they won't.

Mr_Amaziing
01-05-2013, 11:35 PM
No they should keep him.
He'll retire as a Maverick

kobe4thewinbang
01-05-2013, 11:47 PM
The Mavs won't win anything this year, but there's always next year. By then, Dirk should be healthy and Mayo might truly become a 2nd option. In the off-season, they can ship out Marion and others, bring in new talent, maybe even a drowning star. They just need a solid point guard and consistent defense.

Ebbs
01-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I'd rather miss the playoff the next 3 years and groom young kids, while letting Dirk ride off into the sunset a mav for life than trade him... (terrible business move I know.)

heyman321
01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
I'd rather miss the playoff the next 3 years and groom young kids, while letting Dirk ride off into the sunset a mav for life than trade him... (terrible business move I know.)

Dirk would be pissed inside too (although he still wouldn't request a trade).

Spurred1
01-06-2013, 02:45 AM
Depends on what Dirk wants. He probably feels a huge amount of loyalty to Cuban because Cuban kept him even after the playoff debacles of 06/07, when everyone was calling for Dirk to be either traded,executed, shipped back to Germany,etc,etc. Cuban stuck with him and it eventually paid off for them. My guess is he doesn't ask for a trade.
Also, at this point, he is still recovering from the knee surgery. He's expensive and would require a lot from teams, unless the Mavs/Knicks were to swap forwards. One recovering guy for another...

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 02:48 AM
Don't they have cap space this summer? Dirk and Mayo is a nice 1-2 to build around (for the near future) Bring Dwight in :D

ThunderousDemon
01-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Pau for Dirk

gatkins11
01-06-2013, 03:03 AM
Pau for Dirk

Lol

DeyAce
01-06-2013, 03:38 AM
to the Bulls for Boozer

tripleplay2007
01-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Pau for Dirk

LMAO Lakers fan obviously.

I'm an OKC fan but I'm from East Texas and I'll tell you guys now that Mark Cuban will never trade Dirk... He loves the guy!

Dirk brought the city it's first ring a few years back and they love him in D town.

I see the Mavs doing everything they can to bring Dirk talent so he can ride off in the sun set with a few more playoff go arounds. I can see a off season very similar to the Celtics a few years back when they brought Ray and KG to Boston to help Pierce get his ring.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Should you have made this thread? No.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Don't they have cap space this summer? Dirk and Mayo is a nice 1-2 to build around (for the near future) Bring Dwight in :D

They do. OP is either a dupe, troll or moron..

Hawkeye15
01-06-2013, 04:37 AM
meh, what for?

NYYCowboys
01-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Being a Knicks fan it was an awful experience seeing the Knicks trade, my childhood idol Patrick Ewing, and watching him play out his twilight years in Seattle and Orlando. The trade actually ended up setting us back for a ton of years.

If I were the Mavs, unless they get an absolute steal, I would let him play out his contract if he wants to stay.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:53 AM
meh, what for?

Royce White, we'll even through in his baggage!

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Being a Knicks fan it was an awful experience seeing the Knicks trade, my childhood idol Patrick Ewing, and watching him play out his twilight years in Seattle and Orlando. The trade actually ended up setting us back for a ton of years.

If I were the Mavs, unless they get an absolute steal, I would let him play out his contract if he wants to stay.

No, terrible management all around set your team back.

DitchDat
01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
he won't be moved

imagine him on the Lakers though

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2013, 09:48 AM
pau and duhon for dirk

Faneik
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
pau and duhon for dirk

why would the mavs agree to such a trade?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
why would the mavs agree to such a trade?

I was clearly joking

BcEuAbRsS
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I'd like the Bulls to get him, but that means parting with Mirotic and the Bobcats pick plus. Both those are key to the Bulls rebuild or for a young star. Not an old star...

Sportfan
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Dirk and the Mavs are like MJ and the Bulls. He's the franchise best player ever, no freaking way that's gonna happen!

MJ didnt play his whole career with the bulls...

VicTheWizard
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
It appears now that Dirk may not mind being traded...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8819298/dirk-nowitzki-questions-dallas-mavericks-offseason-moves-build-hope

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM
No, It will be odd seeing him in another team uniform.

BullsFTW
01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Dirk will be traded only if he wanted to. He deserves to have that option.

BullsFTW
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
No, It will be odd seeing him in another team uniform.

Definitely. It's like seeing MJ in Wizards uniform. But I'd gladly have him in a Bulls uniform.

Jeff559
01-06-2013, 11:38 PM
It would be hard to deal him. Can't think of many trade scenarios that would make sense for the Mavs and another team. Pau for Dirk is about the closest thing I can think of, and even that is not realistic.

Wax_da_workman
01-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Would dallas swap dirk And vince to the raps for bargs/JOSE/Klieiza(amir)
Bargs is a killer when healthy just like dirk with his boy jose getting him the ball in a new environment might be what he needs. Jose can use mayo better than derozan imo.he's just moredynamic. U can interchange pretty much any raptor minus jval ross. Lowry
Dirk is recovering, he don't believe in dallas anymore, he's brought a ring to dallas he may want to try his luck in toronto. Vince can right his wrongs in TO And mentor young wings in derozan/ross.dallas fans would u deal

AnthonyTyrael
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Nope. Jose is good and Kleiza underrated, not playing much. he'll be good some day if he's getting the chance and minutes. Bargs needs to step up big time. He has talent though but it's not like he's finally breaking out. So still a 34 year old guy kicks all their butts however, Bargs did really play great against him everytime and he some years back he admitted that he really likes his game.

Also, what would Dirk and his wife pull over to Toronto? From Texas way up north? I'm sure if he'd move the enter of his life would stay Dallas but come on...