PDA

View Full Version : Are the New York Knicks right now the best team in the nba or is it someone else?

HoopsStar99
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I know I might be being a little idiotic by saying this but the Knicks are not a great team..I know I know alot of people might start saying harsh words towards me because I said that but please seriously the Knicks the way they are playing have been pretty good don't get me wrong but they constantly right now are relying on the 3 ball..and Carmelo still and seems like he always does hog the ball and is the leading scorer pretty much every night for the Knicks. The 3 point shots have been going in but the question is will it continue? Shooting the 3 ball every night is not going to win you championships I can say that much...and that's what I see the Knicks only have going for them at the moment. Their defense is decent but the offense is way better. You still have to question was trading Jeremy Lin still the smart move for the Knicks to make this season before it started? The rockets have already owned the Knicks this season beating them twice home & away..and weren't even close. On paper I hate to say but the Houston rockets are better than the Knicks and they know their game. Carlos Delfino is one of the most underrated 3 point shooters in the league that no one talks about. He has a nice stroke..I have to put Carlos over Steve Novak I'm sorry. The Knicks haven't shown me they can win yet when it counts. They get swept by the celtics 2 years ago and last year only won once again Chicago losing series 4-1. And Chicago had beaten the Knicks twice this year without their all star MVP Derrick rose. So I'm still puzzled with the Knicks now their record is good but sometimes they don't play like it. Some night they play like their a 15-19 team IMO. Tell me why the Knicks will do better his time around..the only new players the Knicks have as a veteran is Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace but-Sheed hasn't shown much really this year just a 3 pointer here and their. You know their will be a point and time this season when the Knicks will go ice cold..the question is when will that be?

greg_ory_2005
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Someone else.

knicks=love
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
ok..

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
someone else

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I know I might be being a little idiotic by saying this but the Knicks are not a great team..I know I know alot of people might start saying harsh words towards me because I said that but please seriously the Knicks the way they are playing have been pretty good don't get me wrong but they constantly right now are relying on the 3 ball..and Carmelo still and seems like he always does hog the ball and is the leading scorer pretty much every night for the Knicks. The 3 point shots have been going in but the question is will it continue? Shooting the 3 ball every night is not going to win you championships I can say that much...and that's what I see the Knicks only have going for them at the moment. Their defense is decent but the offense is way better. You still have to question was trading Jeremy Lin still the smart move for the Knicks to make this season before it started? The rockets have already owned the Knicks this season beating them twice home & away..and weren't even close. On paper I hate to say but the Houston rockets are better than the Knicks and they know their game. Carlos Delfino is one of the most underrated 3 point shooters in the league that no one talks about. He has a nice stroke..I have to put Carlos over Steve Novak I'm sorry. The Knicks haven't shown me they can win yet when it counts. They get swept by the celtics 2 years ago and last year only won once again Chicago losing series 4-1. And Chicago had beaten the Knicks twice this year without their all star MVP Derrick rose. So I'm still puzzled with the Knicks now their record is good but sometimes they don't play like it. Some night they play like their a 15-19 team IMO. Tell me why the Knicks will do better his time around..the only new players the Knicks have as a veteran is Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace but-Sheed hasn't shown much really this year just a 3 pointer here and their. You know their will be a point and time this season when the Knicks will go ice cold..the question is when will that be?

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Do they even have the best record? why is this a thread?

DragonJaii
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM

is that you dmf?

Cromedome
01-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Best in the world !

Enzo
01-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes my friend, the Knicks are greatest team ever assembled in the history of the NBA!!

Let the insanity ensue!!! :hide:

knicks=love
01-05-2013, 07:39 PM

:laugh2: :hi5:

kmo429
01-05-2013, 07:40 PM

They "rely on the 3 ball?" No. They just do it a lot cause theyre the best at it. If they werent good at it, theyd find ways to score and win with more 2's. That's just how it works when your team's offensive talent is through the roof and the D is much improved (albeit still inconsistent)

IM a huge knicks fan but im not dumb, or a homer. We're not the best team on paper or actually, but we do have a shot at the NBA championship because on any given night, we CAN be the best team. YOu look at 2 Houston losses and say we shouldve kept Lin? Well guess what, we SMOKED the Heat twice without him this year! Great teams lose. The Rockets matchup well against us and had 2 great games against us. THe Knicks are 22-10 with 2 wins against the Heat and Spurs and wins against many other very good teams. The thing that separates the KNicks of this year from the Knicks of last year is just that. We're beating the elite teams. Yeah we had a tough time with the Bulls but we always show great resilience even at our worst.

In a month or less you'll see every one of Ronnie Brewer's minutes go to Shumpert. Felton is 3-4 weeks away, Amare is not in basketball rhythm yet and hasnt gotten the feel back, he'll be draining them soon, and Melo has been banged up all year (Sprained ankle, hyoerextended knee, bad laceration on his hand).

We're 22-10 now, wait til the Knicks are healthy... Once again, were not the best team, were borderline top 5 (Probably 3-8 range), but we have the ability to beat any team on any night because the team is so damn god offensively even when it's health is overall really bad. We get our 100% lineup out there, everyone better watch out.

knicks=love

someone's still butt hurt over their team's record..

knicks=love
Yes my friend, the Knicks are greatest team ever assembled in the history of the NBA!!

Let the Linsanity ensue!!! :hide:

fixed

sep11ie
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't know. Their lucky their are no more games against the Rockets cause theirs no way they can beat them this year.

StarvingKnick22
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
The Thunder are still in the league. And don't forget about the Bobcats!!!!

knicks=love
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I don't know. Their lucky their are no more games against the Rockets cause theirs no way they can beat them this year.

The Thunder are still in the league. And don't forget about the Bobcats!!!!

this wasn't funny.

asandhu23
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Indeed.

yanksrock
01-05-2013, 07:52 PM
LOL at DMF!!

lamzoka
01-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Am I missing something here? Who did we get for trading Jeremy Lin? This is the dumbest trade ever ever in the history of PSD.

kobebabe
01-05-2013, 08:00 PM
what the *******!!!

Sactown
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Someone else

knicksfan42
01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Look at the standings, are they number 1? No, in b4 close.

benzni
01-05-2013, 08:12 PM
the grizzlies are the best team silly op.

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Well... there are the Heat, and the Thunder, and the Spurs, and the Grizzlies, and the Clippers, and the Lakers (though their record is woeful this still have an amazing roster). If the playoff started right now, I think of those teams listed, the only team NY would bea in a 7-game series is LAL.

nolin
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
The bulls are the best team in the east. havent they proven that by there 3-1 records vs the top 2 seeds

Jesse2272
01-05-2013, 10:40 PM
NYK top 5

bring it

sense makes none :laugh:

xxplayerxx23
01-05-2013, 10:50 PM
The bulls are the best team in the east. havent they proven that by there 3-1 records vs the top 2 seeds

:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
01-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Knicks are up there with the heat clippers spurs and thunder !

NYSPORTSALLDAY
01-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Close this dumb thread

GiantsSwaGG
01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
They're the best team in the east... Okc and the clips are the best team in the NBA followed by the Knicks

StarvingKnick22
01-06-2013, 09:24 PM

this wasn't funny.

I was going to say before that your "Linsanity" post wasn't funny, because I thought we parted ways, but apparently you want to get back into talking to me...

Captain Moroni
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
is that you dmf?

Some guy makes up a new name and posts this stuff.

Wonder who that could be?

Knick fans even know we are not the best team in the NBA...yet.

Captain Moroni
01-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Until Rose gets back and ruins the chemistry......right?

Captain Moroni
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Well... there are the Heat, and the Thunder, and the Spurs, and the Grizzlies, and the Clippers, and the Lakers (though their record is woeful this still have an amazing roster). If the playoff started right now, I think of those teams listed, the only team NY would bea in a 7-game series is LAL.

Reasoning?

Knicks 2-0 vs Miami
Knicks 2-0 vs Spurs
Knicks 1-1 vs LAL
Knicks 0-1 vs Grizz
Have not played the clippers yet.
Have not played the thunder yet.

So are you just guessing what you think? Or are you basing your "findings" on any actual facts. Knicks a currently 5-2 against the teams you mentioned. 4 of those wins were blowouts.

Dnovakovic099
01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Reasoning?

Knicks 2-0 vs Miami
Knicks 2-0 vs Spurs
Knicks 1-1 vs LAL
Knicks 0-1 vs Grizz

So are you just guessing what you think? Or are you basing your "findings" on any actual facts. Knicks a currently 5-2 against the teams you mentioned. 4 of those wins were blowouts.

Also, the Bulls haven't lost to the Knicks so the Bulls are the best team in the league. Plus, we beat Miami without DRose!!!!! Once DRose comes back we are gonna be the best team in the last decade!!! Man, I remember when we were 4-0 against the Heat in the regular season only to get robbed in the playoffs by the CHEAT!!!! LMAO, wait until your team does something in the playoffs until you start claiming your great team let alone an elite one...

Hardaway Here
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Reasoning?

Knicks 2-0 vs Miami
Knicks 2-0 vs Spurs
Knicks 1-1 vs LAL
Knicks 0-1 vs Grizz

Why do people bother posting reg. season wins over teams like that matters once playoffs come past championship teams have proven time and time again that just because you beat a team in reg. season doesn't mean you can beat them in the playoffs god the idiotic fans here

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Why do people bother posting reg. season wins over teams like that matters once playoffs come past championship teams have proven time and time again that just because you beat a team in reg. season doesn't mean you can beat them in the playoffs god the idiotic fans here

greatest run-on sentence ever.

Hardaway Here
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
greatest run-on sentence ever.

Oh really guess I never noticed that my sentence formation was getting graded after every post if you it bothers you so much don't read it

mightybosstone
01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
The Knicks aren't even one of the four best teams in the NBA, much less the best team. In fact, they wouldn't be in my top five. I'd take Miami, OKC, the Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies over them fairly easily.

ThaDubs
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Knicks? Haha. No.

WAYNEBO
01-06-2013, 10:24 PM

MasterBaiter drops an absurd question to be flamed, then conditions it's question with a book of troll-worthy material. GTFOH

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Love it. Give us no credit 23-10 I don't care what anybody has to say

giants9689
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
ever hear of paragraphs?

nysportsfan30
01-06-2013, 10:50 PM
They "rely on the 3 ball?" No. They just do it a lot cause theyre the best at it. If they werent good at it, theyd find ways to score and win with more 2's. That's just how it works when your team's offensive talent is through the roof and the D is much improved (albeit still inconsistent)

IM a huge knicks fan but im not dumb, or a homer. We're not the best team on paper or actually, but we do have a shot at the NBA championship because on any given night, we CAN be the best team. YOu look at 2 Houston losses and say we shouldve kept Lin? Well guess what, we SMOKED the Heat twice without him this year! Great teams lose. The Rockets matchup well against us and had 2 great games against us. THe Knicks are 22-10 with 2 wins against the Heat and Spurs and wins against many other very good teams. The thing that separates the KNicks of this year from the Knicks of last year is just that. We're beating the elite teams. Yeah we had a tough time with the Bulls but we always show great resilience even at our worst.

In a month or less you'll see every one of Ronnie Brewer's minutes go to Shumpert. Felton is 3-4 weeks away, Amare is not in basketball rhythm yet and hasnt gotten the feel back, he'll be draining them soon, and Melo has been banged up all year (Sprained ankle, hyoerextended knee, bad laceration on his hand).

We're 22-10 now, wait til the Knicks are healthy... Once again, were not the best team, were borderline top 5 (Probably 3-8 range), but we have the ability to beat any team on any night because the team is so damn god offensively even when it's health is overall really bad. We get our 100% lineup out there, everyone better watch out.

This is a good statement.. Why even make a thread like this? no, we are not the BEST team, but we have proven top be in the 4-6 range. We do not necessarily depend on the 3 ball, but we are able to exploit doubles on melo with quick rotations to Novak, Kidd, JR, and Ray, all solid 3 point shooters. When Amare gets back to what he was (or even 70-80 percent of himself) we will be more versatile with the inside scoring. Additionally, Tyson, Melo, JR, and Ray are always threats to score inside, so if the 3 is not happening, the knicks have the personnel to switch up the offense. Additionally, I believe the defense is almost underperforming, to what it will when it really counts. there have been stretches where the D resembles top defensive teams like memphis, when we have ronnie, jr, kidd etc playing tight ont he ball.

Lastly, when Shump, Felton, Sheed, and Amare are all back, the depth will be one of the best in the league. So to anser this pointless thread, no we are not the NUMBER 1, but will compete and will likely have a good shot at ECF.

Raymond/Kidd/Prigs
Shumpert/ JR Smith
Anthony/ Novak
Camby/ Amar'e/Thomas
Tyson/ Amar'e/

nysportsfan30
01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
The Knicks aren't even one of the four best teams in the NBA, much less the best team. In fact, they wouldn't be in my top five. I'd take Miami, OKC, the Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies over them fairly easily.

Grizzlies easily??? Last time I checked we had a better record and weren't talking about trading our (arguably) best all around player... maybe they are same level, but easily.....

ryang
01-06-2013, 11:02 PM
The heat are still the favorite out the east. Just sayin. Certain knick fans must want a T shirt for beating the heat twice. Boston , Chicago did it to us and what happened? The bucks beat the Heat 3 times last year so what. Is it playoff time yet.

knicks=love
01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
I was going to say before that your "Linsanity" post wasn't funny, because I thought we parted ways, but apparently you want to get back into talking to me...

i will never be "talking to you" because you're not a girl and i'm assuming you're not attractive.

Enzo
01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
^^^^ That conversation is creepy on so many levels.

knicks=love
01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
^^^^ That conversation is creepy on so many levels.

he's just weird.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Grizzlies easily??? Last time I checked we had a better record and weren't talking about trading our (arguably) best all around player... maybe they are same level, but easily.....

Yes, the Grizzlies. They have a more balanced starting five that I would much rather have in the playoffs than the Knicks. Also, as I stated in another thread, Rudy Gay is their fourth best player and gets far too much credit for their success when it's clearly the play of the Gasol-Randolph duo and Mike Conley that has made them so good. The Knicks also play in an inferior conference and got beat by the Grizzlies when the two teams played each other.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Love it. Give us no credit 23-10 I don't care what anybody has to say

Sorry bro, but can you blame us? What have the Knicks done over the last 20 years or even over the last couple of years to warrant trust? Like many other fans, I just keep waiting for a serious Melo injury or for this team to go on a crazy losing streak and meltdown so that they end up the fourth and fifth seed and get bounced in the first round. When it comes to the Knicks, it's always a safer bet to expect chaos rather than success.

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Also, the Bulls haven't lost to the Knicks so the Bulls are the best team in the league. Plus, we beat Miami without DRose!!!!! Once DRose comes back we are gonna be the best team in the last decade!!! Man, I remember when we were 4-0 against the Heat in the regular season only to get robbed in the playoffs by the CHEAT!!!! LMAO, wait until your team does something in the playoffs until you start claiming your great team let alone an elite one...

Never said my team was best in the league.....whatcha smokin?

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Oh really guess I never noticed that my sentence formation was getting graded after every post if you it bothers you so much don't read it

Whats getting graded is your lack of understanding what others post. You really need to read things through before responding. You look foolish when you don't.

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Here is my point.
You are just posting conjecture. You are stating you're personal feelings, which is just fine. But none of it is backed up by fact or reality. Just your opinion.

I could respect what you have to say, but you seem determined to just dismiss the Knicks for no other reason than you don't like them or want them to be a top 4 team.

If the Knicks win 60 games does that change your opinion?

If the Knicks get to the ECF does that change your opinion?

If the Knicks somehow make it to the finals.....would you give them props at all, or come up with some other lame excuse why they got there?

Im a huge Knicks fan and as previously stated, i don't believe they are the best team in the NBA. This thread was created to blast my team. .

xxplayerxx23
01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Sorry bro, but can you blame us? What have the Knicks done over the last 20 years or even over the last couple of years to warrant trust? Like many other fans, I just keep waiting for a serious Melo injury or for this team to go on a crazy losing streak and meltdown so that they end up the fourth and fifth seed and get bounced in the first round. When it comes to the Knicks, it's always a safer bet to expect chaos rather than success.

I understand the skeptic on other fans part. But this is a different team. Kidd has made all the difference. Melo is playing within the offense. We have shown we play defense when we want too. We will make some noise this year man we aren't the same Knicks everyone wants to see man. The expierence and depth is there.

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM

Yes because this is the exact same team the Knicks have had for the last 20 years. Since the Carmelo Anthony trade in 2011, every single player on the Knicks roster besides Melo and Amare are new. Everyone else is gone.

Why are the clippers not rated the same way? 20 years of utility makes them chumps too right?

When miami changed rosters they got love, the Knicks changed rosters and people think nothing has changed. Some must still believe Harrington, Bibby, Robinson, Davis, Douglas, Lin, Lee, W Chandler, Curry, jordan, Marbury,and Jefferies are on the Roster. People will be shocked come playoff time when they see the depth. This team is built to beat Miami. If we can just get past Chicago!

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Yes, the Grizzlies. They have a more balanced starting five that I would much rather have in the playoffs than the Knicks. Also, as I stated in another thread, Rudy Gay is their fourth best player and gets far too much credit for their success when it's clearly the play of the Gasol-Randolph duo and Mike Conley that has made them so good. The Knicks also play in an inferior conference and got beat by the Grizzlies when the two teams played each other.

In all fairness, when Shumpert returns, the knicks starting 5 is downright filthy.
Come playoffs, you are looking at Kidd, Shumpert, melo, camby, chandler with felton, smith, novak, amare and sheed off the bench.

Ill go to war with that team.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Here is my point.
You are just posting conjecture. You are stating you're personal feelings, which is just fine. But none of it is backed up by fact or reality. Just your opinion.
The Heat and Thunder are coming off of playing each other in the NBA Finals and both have better records. The Clippers are probably the best team in the NBA right now and the Spurs have been the most consistent team over the last decade. All four have better records, and I really don't need to provide justification for. I would also argue that their teams are just more talented.

In terms of Memphis, I'll admit a lot of it is personal preference. But I just think they're a more dangerous postseason team than the Knicks are. Their frontcourt is still probably the best in the NBA and they play stifling defense.

I could respect what you have to say, but you seem determined to just dismiss the Knicks for no other reason than you don't like them or want them to be a top 4 team.
It has nothing to do with me not liking them or not wanting them to be great and everything to do with not trusting them based on prior failures and my distrust for Carmelo Anthony as a No. 1 on a contender. Also, it doesn't help that the only two full Knicks games I've watched this season were both games in which my Rockets blew them out big time.

If the Knicks win 60 games does that change your opinion?

If the Knicks get to the ECF does that change your opinion?

If the Knicks somehow make it to the finals.....would you give them props at all, or come up with some other lame excuse why they got there?
Of course I would give them more credit if they reached these goals, but why should I give them credit until then? Right now, they're probably one of the 5-7 best teams in the league. But regular season amounts to very little and they've had a tendency of imploding at times in the past.

If they earn respect, I'll give it to them. But they had better at least make it to the second round of the playoffs before I'm willing to do that.

xxplayerxx23
01-07-2013, 01:29 AM
In all fairness, when Shumpert returns, the knicks starting 5 is downright filthy.
Come playoffs, you are looking at Kidd, Shumpert, melo, camby, chandler with felton, smith, novak, amare and sheed off the bench.

Nah it will prob be
Felton/Kidd
Shump/jr
Melo/Novak
Camby/amare
Chandler/amare/sheed
That's pushing it too, 10 is a lot to play in the playoffs, I can see brewer getting some of novaks mins though

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 01:32 AM

Defensively, it's disgusting. Offensively, it leaves a lot to be desired. You have no real No. 2 scorer in that starting five and Camby is pretty much an offensive liability outside of put backs and the (very) occasional ugly 10-foot jumper. Shumpert will help, because it will allow them to keep up with quicker teams (like the Rockets for example) and it will provide another penetrator who can get to the basket. But on nights when Melo isn't hot, they're really going to need Smith, Kidd, Chandler and Amare to step up. If Stoudemire could capture some of his old magic, that could certainly go a long way, but giving him starting minutes to kill what makes this Knicks team better than last years.

QueensG_718
01-07-2013, 01:42 AM
3 words LET EM HATE!!! We winnin and grinnin baby. Proof is in the pudding.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Whats getting graded is your lack of understanding what others post. You really need to read things through before responding. You look foolish when you don't.

No it is actually you who looks foolish for posting the knicks record against a few of the top teams in the NBA thinking it holds bearing when it comes to the playoff. So why don't you think before you post

NYTHRILLZ97
01-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Yeah I think they Might be!! It's either them or the grizzlys or the spurs or the heat or the thunders or the bulls when drose gets back or the grizzlys. The nets aren't tho. The lakers arent either Kobe Is chunky !!

C-Wick925
01-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Big blob o letters....

Someone else

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 03:19 AM
." Also, it doesn't help that the only two full Knicks games I've watched this season ".....

Nuff said.

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 03:21 AM
No it is actually you who looks foolish for posting the knicks record against a few of the top teams in the NBA thinking it holds bearing when it comes to the playoff. So why don't you think before you post

When 6th grade gets out tomorrow we can continue this discussion.

LBJackpot
01-07-2013, 03:31 AM
3 words LET EM HATE!!! We winnin and grinnin baby. Proof is in the pudding.

The Knicks havent had proof in their pudding recipe for a decade and they still arent ahead of Miami in the East so they definitely arent the best team.

Jesse2272
01-07-2013, 04:53 AM
When 6th grade gets out tomorrow we can continue this discussion.

:laugh:

The Knicks havent had proof in their pudding recipe for a decade and they still arent ahead of Miami in the East so they definitely arent the best team.

WTF

TheNumber37
01-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Right now it's someone else.
But the Knicks are in the top 4 or 5 for sure.

I do think that the Knicks will go into the playoffs hot boasting the best record after the all star break.
Shump, Felton and Amare should be back in form by then to complete the team assuming that everyone is healthy.

STILL, The Knicks are 2-0 against the Heat and the Spurs but haven't played the Thunder nor the Clippers yet.

Becks2307
01-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Idk what the last 10 or so years has to do with this team at all. Hell our 2011 playoff team only has 2 returning players. This team is completely different.

LBJackpot
01-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Idk what the last 10 or so years has to do with this team at all. Hell our 2011 playoff team only has 2 returning players. This team is completely different.

Knicks are really good this year, only an idiot would deny that but they have a lot of work to do to be considered the best team in the league.

Becks2307
01-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Knicks are really good this year, only an idiot would deny that but they have a lot of work to do to be considered the best team in the league.

Lol No Knick fan thinks we are the best in the league, but we are def top 5-6 this season so far.

Mr. Koobs
01-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Why are the clippers not rated the same way? 20 years of utility makes them chumps too right?

That is something that I never understand. Well, I guess I do understand it, but double standards still suck.

The Clippers have been a laughingstock for the vast majority of the last twenty years, but that never seems to be brought up. Past futilities only seem to come into the conversation when talking about the Knicks.

And that is not intended as a slight to the Clippers. They have a great team this year, and I LOVE watching them play ball. (CP3 is my favorite non-Knick player ever.)

STILL, The Knicks are 2-0 against the Heat and the Spurs

Those numbers do not matter.

The only records that count? 0-2 against Houston and 0-1 against Memphis.

Bring up anything else and it's just a Knicks fan being a homer. :D

As for the thread...No, we are not the best team in the league. I'd say top 5.

But if we are healthy come the postseason, I'm confident in this team going to war against anybody.

sintaks12
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Defensively, it's disgusting. Offensively, it leaves a lot to be desired. You have no real No. 2 scorer in that starting five and Camby is pretty much an offensive liability outside of put backs and the (very) occasional ugly 10-foot jumper. Shumpert will help, because it will allow them to keep up with quicker teams (like the Rockets for example) and it will provide another penetrator who can get to the basket. But on nights when Melo isn't hot, they're really going to need Smith, Kidd, Chandler and Amare to step up. If Stoudemire could capture some of his old magic, that could certainly go a long way, but giving him starting minutes to kill what makes this Knicks team better than last years.

People never cease to amaze me. Bash NY because they've built a more defensive-minded team? Defense... that thing that wins championships? Cmon man, you're reaching now. They have zero problems scoring the ball.

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
." Also, it doesn't help that the only two full Knicks games I've watched this season ".....

Nuff said.
Oh really? So the fact that I've only watched two full Knicks games this year somehow changes the fact that they have the fifth best record in the NBA? Get over yourself, dude. I don't sit around and watch a ton of early regular season games that don't involved the Rockets. And how many full Rockets games have you seen this season? I'm guessing it's not more than two. But that doesn't mean you can't make an educated determination on them based on stats, record and context. I

As I've already said, if the Knicks prove themselves in the playoffs, I'll give them some credit. Until then, I'm going to be skeptical.

People never cease to amaze me. Bash NY because they've built a more defensive-minded team? Defense... that thing that wins championships? Cmon man, you're reaching now. They have zero problems scoring the ball.
I'm not saying they can't score points. I'm saying they lack a reliable No. 2, which can be a killer in the postseason. They're also extremely reliant on the 3-pointer, moreso than any other team in the NBA. That can kill a team in the playoffs if those long jump shots aren't falling. On the flip side, they're not particularly adept at getting to the free throw line, which is a much more reliable way of scoring points.

And the old "defense wins championships" mantra is both true and overused. Mediocre defensive teams hardly ever win championships, but neither do mediocre offensive teams.

ewing
01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
the knicks havent had proof in their pudding recipe for a decade and they still arent ahead of miami in the east so they definitely arent the best team.

wtf???

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I know I might be being a little idiotic by saying this but the Knicks are not a great team

Pretty much sums up his entire thread.

sintaks12
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
And the old "defense wins championships" mantra is both true and overused. Mediocre defensive teams hardly ever win championships, but neither do mediocre offensive teams.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. It's my contention that the Knicks are neither though. Your free throw point is valid however, aside from Melo. That is why it will be so tough to beat Miami. They have 2-3 guys that get to the line and get all the calls.

ewing
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I want to know more about there pudding recipe

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Captain Moroni

Nuff said.

Oh Really?

Yes, really. Your two Knicks games watched make you an expert on the Knicks. You should give seminars at ESPNU. Maybe before you go for you're doctorate you should watch the two games each they played against Miami and San Antonio as well. Every team lays its eggs, you just went right for the rotten ones. Didn't miami lose to washington? Didn't OKC lose to Brooklyn?
Knicks have not been whole all year long, and like all the nellies out there, you focus on the worst case scenario.
If the Knicks win the East, PSD will self destruct.

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM

After laughing so hard for about ten minutes, this made me hungry for pudding.

Dankster
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
They're not the best team, and no rational Knick fan thinks they are. But they're ONE of the best teams in the league with the 2nd option (Stat) slowly working his way back in and Shumpert's return expected within the next 2 weeks.

Once/If this team can stay completely healthy, it'll be easier to gauge where they stand with the elite teams in the league. But they have to be considered one of the deepest at full strength and one of the best in the East even with all the injuries they're dealing with.

Captain Moroni
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM

Other than the OP who blasted the Knicks, not one knick fan has said anything close to he Knicks are number one. You are arguing on a dupe account by yourself.

mjqusoldier
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM
/ thread

RyanStorm
01-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Knicks are cool, but to say they are the best, meaning they ARE going to the finals, is somewhat wild.

However, they are the #1 contender to take out Miami, which I think can and will happen, if things go their way.

I like LeBron, but I would like to see some serious competition in the East. I mean almost every team in the West is crazy good, I mean two divisions are filled with top caliber talent. While East is crowed with less than "good" teams.

What blows my mind....DAL and LAL are not in the playoff picture, but two random teams stepped up in their place: GS and HOU! You know your conference is tough when the top 2 contenders(who were the last Finals winners)(the last 3/4 are from these two), and can't even stay above .500!

kylem4711
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM

now you know. fix it.

kylem4711
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Koobs;25000468]That is something that I never understand. Well, I guess I do understand it, but double standards still suck.

The Clippers have been a laughingstock for the vast majority of the last twenty years, but that never seems to be brought up. Past futilities only seem to come into the conversation when talking about the Knicks.

And that is not intended as a slight to the Clippers. They have a great team this year, and I LOVE watching them play ball. (CP3 is my favorite non-Knick player ever.)
QUOTE]

just wanted to say. this is literally all lakers fans talk about when it comes to the clippers. it is not just when the knicks come up.. ha

mightybosstone
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Captain Moroni

Nuff said.

Oh Really?

Yes, really. Your two Knicks games watched make you an expert on the Knicks. You should give seminars at ESPNU. Maybe before you go for you're doctorate you should watch the two games each they played against Miami and San Antonio as well. Every team lays its eggs, you just went right for the rotten ones. Didn't miami lose to washington? Didn't OKC lose to Brooklyn?
Knicks have not been whole all year long, and like all the nellies out there, you focus on the worst case scenario.
If the Knicks win the East, PSD will self destruct.
You know what else I saw? Them getting destroyed by the Heat in the playoffs last season. And if you aren't going to actually address things I write in my posts, I will no longer respond to things you say. You're cherrypicking pieces of my posts rather than actually responding to the bulk of what I'm saying. That's the sign of someone who has lost an argument and has no ****ing clue what he's talking about.

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
The way teams perform in the offseason is what I base skill on, and to be pretty honest the Heat crushed the Knicks in the playoffs. Even if the Knicks and Heat record is almost on par, I would take the Heat any day of the week because this is Lebron's league right now and almost any team he goes to is instantly a playoff caliber team. You add him to a team with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and one of the best 3-point shooters of all time, and almost nobody has a roster than can beat them in a 7 game series. And even if the Knicks miraculously took out the Heat in the playoffs, they would still have to deal with the Spurs or Thunder.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
You know what else I saw? Them getting destroyed by the Heat in the playoffs last season. And if you aren't going to actually address things I write in my posts, I will no longer respond to things you say. You're cherrypicking pieces of my posts rather than actually responding to the bulk of what I'm saying. That's the sign of someone who has lost an argument and has no ****ing clue what he's talking about.

No point in arguing with him only his opinion is valid. Anything other than that is disregarded. Remember in his eyes your a child.

jam
01-07-2013, 11:21 PM
This one was a barnburner. For the celtics.

Carmela stinks it up and flees the scene immediately in embarrassment. No class. Carmela is not a winner.

AllAbout18
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
TONIGHT SHOWED EVERYONE THAT THE CELTICS ARE STILL THE BEST THREAT TO BEATING MIAMI. when will spike lee learn? clapping in pierce's face in the 4th quarter, then the truth hits one right in his face then hits a dagger a few minutes later, celtics get the win on the road AT MSG!!!!

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Melo went after Garnett reports say...

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 11:34 PM
TONIGHT SHOWED EVERYONE THAT THE CELTICS ARE STILL THE BEST THREAT TO BEATING MIAMI. when will spike lee learn? clapping in pierce's face in the 4th quarter, then the truth hits one right in his face then hits a dagger a few minutes later, celtics get the win on the road AT MSG!!!!

It's one win.

AllAbout18
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
One win? this game had more importance than 1 win. since bradley has returned, the celtics have won 3 straight, 2 of which were on the road, at the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams in the eastern conference. they even won tonight with out rondo, and if you watched the game, a lot of calls went the Knicks way.

Jesse2272
01-08-2013, 12:05 AM
One win? this game had more importance than 1 win. since bradley has returned, the celtics have won 3 straight, 2 of which were on the road, at the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams in the eastern conference. they even won tonight with out rondo, and if you watched the game, a lot of calls went the Knicks way.

Melo shooting like 6-25 didnt help either

69centers
01-08-2013, 12:07 AM

And don't forget Pierce's parting kiss to Spike, the Knicks, and MSG:

Pierce blows MSG a kiss (http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/Gifs/piercekisses_1.gif)

east fb knicks
01-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Omg melo has one off night an here come all the haters son just dropped 40 on the magic melo had an off.night an we still almost won go knicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69centers
01-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Omg melo has one off night an here come all the haters son just dropped 40 on the magic melo had an off.night an we still almost won go knicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup, vs. the 12-21 Magic

STA_PLAR
01-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Who is this guy? We are a good team maybe top 7...but the best ??? wtf

Im just glad this is not a knick fan making this thread.

Go concentrate on the grizzlies.

STA_PLAR
01-08-2013, 12:31 AM
I love that Celtics fans are so amped about a 17-17 record. Reminds me of the Knicks the last two years.

east fb knicks
01-08-2013, 12:41 AM
yup, vs. the 12-21 Magic

My bad maybe I should elaborate further 45 on the blazers too

LBJackpot
01-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Close this thread lol

jam
01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
I love that Celtics fans are so amped about a 17-17 record. Reminds me of the Knicks the last two years.

A .500 record is not impressive. But then again, that's the knicks record in their last 10.

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 01:24 AM

You guys haven't been doing much better recently tbh.

jam
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
The EC has been horrendous at season's start. The Heat are sleepwalking through the regular season. Bynum's out. Rose is out. Hibbert hasn't played well. The C's don't even care about the regular season.

The second half of the season and playoffs should be far more competitive than what we're seeing now in the east.

Mr_Jones
01-08-2013, 01:52 AM

Because God hates the Knicks.

justinnum1
01-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Clippers
grizz
okc
spurs
rockets
warriors
miami
boston

are all better imo