PDA

View Full Version : Does Lebron James automatically make any team a contender?

Chill_Will_24
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Is he good enough that you can put him on the worst of teams like Washigton or Orlando or Sacramento and they would immediately become contenders?

Andrew32
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
No.

His current team is only a contender and he has a Top 7-8 player in Wade and another Top 15? player in Bosh.

Plus they have some nice roleplayers.

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Pretty much anyteam you put him on becomes a top 5 team in their conference.

Put him on the Hornets.

Anthony Davis
Ryan Anderson
Lebron James
Eric Gordon
Grevis Vasquez

all of a sudden they look pretty good huh?

At this stage of his career Lebron can average 32 8 and 9...no doubt in my mind.

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Hell even put Lebron on Orlando and they start to look pretty decentish

Vucevic
Davis
Lebron
Affalo
Nelson

Jesse2272
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
yes he is insane skill wise

Baller1
Yes, without a doubt.

Ty_Lawson
Put him on Denver(i hate LBJ but...) and you have:
Ty
Iggy
James
Faried
McGee
We send Gallo,Chandler,Brewer,JHam,KK to Miami lol

Cal827
01-05-2013, 07:03 PM
He woulda been ****ed in Washington.

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Put Lebron on the Wizards

Wall
Beal
Lebron
Nene
Okafor

Seriously that team is awesome, who is scoring on that frontline?

Baller1
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM

With a healthy John Wall and Nene, they'd easily be a playoff team.

Breeze777
01-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Not necessarily contending for a tittle, but i believe any team he is on will be contending for a playoff spot at least.

heyman321
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
No.

His current team is only a contender and he has a Top 7-8 player in Wade and another Top 15? player in Bosh.

Lol. Lebron is a freak, he'd put any team at the 4 seed at least.

Chill_Will_24
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Sorry can someone fix the title for me? Sorry. I went on stupid mode.

FarOutIos
01-05-2013, 07:14 PM
On sacramento, I think he would make us contenders... The one thing our team needs is a leader. So that would immediately help.

If he could help keep Cousins in check, then Lebron and Cousins could be incredible. And as for role players... our team is filled with them.

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Thomas
Brooks
Tyreke
Lebron
Cousins

thats pretty good

ichitownclowni
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Yes

DallasTrilla23
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Yes, he basically took a lottery team into a contender in Cleveland.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Just look at what he did in Cleveland and it's an automatic yes.

:laugh2:

With a healthy John Wall and Nene, they'd easily be a playoff team.

You don't get the joke lol.

godolphins
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Yes, he basically took a lottery team into a contender in Cleveland.

You're forgetting that the Cavs had Shaq and Ben Wallace who both won a championship as the man. And he also had Big Z, who was an all star before the Cavs drafted LeBron in 2003.

Zefflin
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Pretty much anyteam you put him on becomes a top 5 team in their conference.

Any of the top 5 players in the nba should..

No?

greg_ory_2005
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep. If he can take that crappy Cavs team to the finals, he should at least be able to get any team to the 2nd round.

Chill_Will_24
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM

No?

I do not think so.

Paul is amazing but he does not. Neither does Wade or Kobe or Dwight or Durant

All those guys are amazing and great players but i do not think they alone put ANY team regardless of build into contention.

Chronz
01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Im guessing no because I dont think there has ever existed a player that good in an era so weak that he makes a team a contender.

Spiggity_ace
01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
knight singler lebron monroe drummond

rings for years

Bruno
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
pretty much. give him an absolute garbage roster and they're good for at least 45 wins and a low seed playoff birth.

i mean, i guess that team wouldn't be a 'contender' but they'd certainly make for an entertaining first round matchup.

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
My Raptors would suck with Lebron James and GOD on the team.

Burkey3472
01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Just look at his last year in Cleveland, he won 61 games with very little help. He leaves Cleveland and they win 19 games the next season. That tells you all you need to know.

Burkey3472
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM

There's is no way Lebron and Mike James wouldn't make that team respectable, Mike James is too good.

TrueFan420
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
You're forgetting that the Cavs had Shaq and Ben Wallace who both won a championship as the man. And he also had Big Z, who was an all star before the Cavs drafted LeBron in 2003.

Um what? He played great d but was not the man so to speak. That was a great starting 5 but if anyone was the man it was sheed or big shot.

greg_ory_2005
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Nawww Sean Mayne and Lebron would go 98-0. Every season.

ThornMo
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
anyone that says no hates lebron and isn't thinking straight. the answer is yes.

netsgiantsyanks
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM
No.

the cavaliers wave hello.

Teeboy1487
01-05-2013, 07:52 PM
You can't ignore how the Cavs went from the best regular season team to top 5 in the lottery in 1 year. I think so.

benzni
01-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes for instance the Cavaliers

Chronz
01-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Um what? He played great d but was not the man so to speak. That was a great starting 5 but if anyone was the man it was sheed or big shot.

Hes trolling you, its a classic JB-Bot response but Im guessing your not up to speed on the machine that is JB.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
He's a guaranteed top 4 team on most teams he goes on.

Put him on the Wizards and they are a playoff team when healthy.

FarOutIos
01-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Thomas
Brooks
Tyreke
Lebron
Cousins

thats pretty good

I'm not sure Thornton wouldn't start... Seems like having lebron, you would want to put some 3 pt shooters out there with him. Maybe even start Jimmer.

I Rock Shaqs
01-05-2013, 08:21 PM

You're forgetting that Ben Wallace was washed up @ that point and Shaq wasn't there till 09. Actually I'm not even sure why I'm responding to that ridiculous post.

yojoe792
01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Really dumb question. LeBron made the Cavs the best team in the east with Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskus...

I Rock Shaqs
01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure Thornton wouldn't start... Seems like having lebron, you would want to put some 3 pt shooters out there with him. Maybe even start Jimmer.

Brooks
Thorton
James
Thompson
Cousins

That line up would makes 1000x more sense.

Alayla
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Is he good enough that you can put him on the worst of teams like Washigton or Orlando or Sacramento and they would immediately become contenders?

No one one is A team is a TEAM he might make them winners but not contenders

godolphins
01-05-2013, 08:36 PM
You're forgetting that Ben Wallace was washed up @ that point and Shaq wasn't there till 09. Actually I'm not even sure why I'm responding to that ridiculous post.

That post was actually a joke :laugh2:

Alayla
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Really dumb question. LeBron made the Cavs the best team in the east with Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskus...

Clearly you didn't wacth that team if you belive that 2 major misconseptions about the cavs team lbj spent his last season with the cavs and and team the next year.

Number 1 the roster was mostly the same.
Shaq left as soon as LBJ did So did big Z that's 3 key peices gone right there they also traded mo willams so that team was totally differnt from the outset
Number 2 nothing else changed. Also wrong the coacthing staff and the system by exenxtion both changed and finally and mabye wrost of all the team with built with the asummtion they would have a uber althtltic 3 and they didn't place Iggy or gay or even caron bulter that year on that team and they may have made the playoffs
And don't get me started on how mentally exuasting lossing you 3 or 4 best players. And having nothing to show for it is they went from super deep to thin in a single offseason and also needed to learn a new system..

Supreme LA
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
WOW! Get off Lebron's nuts please!

There is no way in hell Lebron could make the Wizards, Bobcats, NO, Phoenix, Kings, Houston, Utah, Mavs, Cavs, Toronto, Detroit, Orlando, or Philly contenders.

He might be able to help some of those east teams get the 4 seed at the most but not in the West.

I think many of you are confused to what it means to be a real "contender".

godolphins
01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
And yes, LeBron would make any team a playoff contender. I'm not sure he could make any team a championship contender.

Alayla
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
You can't ignore how the Cavs went from the best regular season team to top 5 in the lottery in 1 year. I think so.

You can't ignore how much else that they lost eather

godolphins
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Clearly you didn't wacth that team if you belive that 2 major misconseptions about the cavs team lbj spent his last season with the cavs and and team the next year.

Shaq left as soon as LBJ did So did big Z that's 3 key peices gone right there they also traded mo willams so that team was totally differnt from the outset
Number 2 nothing else changed. Also wrong the coacthing staff and the system by exenxtion both changed and finally and mabye wrost of all the team with built with the asummtion they would have a uber althtltic 3 and they didn't place Iggy or gay or even caron bulter that year on that team and they may have made the playoffs
And don't get me started on how mentally exuasting lossing you 3 or 4 best players. And having nothing to show for it is they went from super deep to thin in a single offseason and also needed to learn a new system..
And the Cavs also traded Delonte West that year.

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
No. There are some pretty bad teams out there who need A LOT of help. He obviously makes any team better, but I don't think he makes any team a contender.

Alayla
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Just look at his last year in Cleveland, he won 61 games with very little help. He leaves Cleveland and they win 19 games the next season. That tells you all you need to know.

They lost more than just lbj.. okay f it people are insane no one player makes a 40 win differnce alone

godolphins
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
No. There are some pretty bad teams out there who need A LOT of help. He obviously makes any team better, but I don't think he makes any team a contender.

Championship contender or playoff contender?

xxplayerxx23
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
100 percent yes

nickdymez
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I love these "can Lebron turn water into wine" threads... And when someone says "No, I dont think he could" your called a hater. If your a Laker or Knick fan, your called a Kobe or Melo homer. So since im a laker fan, I will say yes. Lebron could turn my high school basketball team into a contender

nickdymez
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM

This is the real answer right here

HouRealCoach
01-05-2013, 09:07 PM

There is no way in hell Lebron could make the Wizards, Bobcats, NO, Phoenix, Kings, Houston, Utah, Mavs, Cavs, Toronto, Detroit, Orlando, or Philly contenders.

He might be able to help some of those east teams get the 4 seed at the most but not in the West.

LeBron took Ilgauskas, Gooden, Hughes, Snow, Gibson, Pavlovic, Marshall, & Varejao to the Finals...

Led a team with Mo Williams as the second best player to 66 wins (Not to mention with Mike Brown as the coach)

You can't tell me that LeBron, Cousins, Tyreke, & Brooks wouldn't do damage
LeBron, Jefferson, Milsap, Favors, Mo Williams wouldn't do damage?
LeBron & Harden wouldn't do damage?
LeBron, Gordon, Davis, Anderson, Vasquez wouldn't do damage?
LeBron, Dragic, & Gortat?

All of those sound better than LeBron & Mo Williams or LeBron & Larry Hughes... just saying

HouRealCoach
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
You can't ignore how much else that they lost eather

So Cleveland would have been a playoff team had they kept Ilgauskas & Shaq? & they lost even when they had Mo Williams so trading him mid season wasn't much of a lost

Gritz
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Contenders, no. Legit playoff team, yea

JLynn943
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Brooks
Thorton
James
Thompson
Cousins

That line up would makes 1000x more sense.

With Evans off the bench :drool:

Hawkeye15
01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes he does

HouRealCoach
01-05-2013, 09:15 PM
To be honest though.. He could make EVERY team a playoff team easy but he could not make every team a contender

Sorry I wasn't reading it fully lol

HouRealCoach
01-05-2013, 09:16 PM
To be honest though.. He could make EVERY team a playoff team easy but he could not make every team a contender

Sorry I wasn't reading it fully lol

Chronz
01-05-2013, 09:17 PM

Yes but, They also added Sessions, had Antawn a full year and upgraded their coaching staff. You can bring up any player you want but the truth is that if any of them were gone, so long as Bron was around, they were winning. No shaq, no problem, they played better. No Big z he sucked that year anyways, no mo williams, bron runs the pg and reels off a ten game wining streak or something. Delonte was a headcase

Those Cavs were the weakest team in terms of talent that I ever saw win as much as they did

HouRealCoach
01-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Yes but, They also added Sessions, had Antawn a full year and upgraded their coaching staff. You can bring up any player you want but the truth is that if any of them were gone, so long as Bron was around, they were winning. No shaq, no problem, they played better. No Big z he sucked that year anyways, no mo williams, bron runs the pg and reels off a ten game wining streak or something. Delonte was a headcase

Those Cavs were the weakest team in terms of talent that I ever saw win as much as they did

I agree, 2009 was worse because they had no Shaq & no Jamison and somwhow won more games than Orlando & Boston that year... I think he could make most teams contenders but not all

b@llhog24
01-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I love these "can Lebron turn water into wine" threads... And when someone says "No, I dont think he could" your called a hater. If your a Laker or Knick fan, your called a Kobe or Melo homer. So since im a laker fan, I will say yes. Lebron could turn my high school basketball team into a contender

Because it's a ****ing high school basketball team. :facepalm:

SmartestGuyHere
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Not if Pau Gasol is on that team. 20m for a -20....... pathetic

c.c.
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Lol I think he can make a D-league team a playoff contender in the NBA

ne3xchamps
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
No, come on man! He's great, but there is no way in hell does he make a 14 or 15 win team into contenders, lets get off his jock a bit huh? :facepalm:

IKnowHoops
01-05-2013, 09:40 PM

No?

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are top five players and on the same team and they are not contenders.

So looks like no, only Lebron has this power.

RenegadeRiot36
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Thompson
Varejao

With how Thompson is playing as of late and how Varejao was playing before he got hurt, this could easily be a top 3 seed in the East.

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 09:43 PM
I can't think of one team that he can't take to the second round in their respective conferences.

dynasty7961
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
He did it to Cleveland.

GoferKing_
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes, he is that good.

Dade County
01-05-2013, 09:55 PM
I can't think of one team that he can't take to the second round in their respective conferences.

The suns...

I can see them making the 7 or 8 seed, but their is know way they get passed OKC or the Clippers.

SwatTeam
01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Imagine if Kobe was added to a team with Nash, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, and the player formerly known as Ron Artest.

That team would be instant contenders. I would bet a million dollars in US treasury bond money that that team would be 40 games over .500 by seasons end - no question. It's almost as sure as the Clippers being a doormat again this year.

SwatTeam
01-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Now imagine a team where fans get to vote in their favorite players from one conference as starters and playing a team from the other conference whose starters are also chosen by fans. That game would be so fun. I'd pay a million dollars to see that game. Look at this potential matchup:

East: Rondo/Wade/James/Bosh/Carmelo
West: Cp3/Kobe/Durant/Griffin/Dwight Howard

But I have a strange feeling Jeremy Lin would be a west starter because there are a lot of Asian people in the world that are fans of the Nba.

Anyways, this is a crazy idea. It will never happen.

Burkey3472
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
They lost more than just lbj.. okay f it people are insane no one player makes a 40 win differnce alone

They lost a decline Shaq who was at best a role player and an aging Big Z, that's it. Not to mention, both of those players lost a total of 47 games to injury, so how important could they be when they both missed major chunks of the season and they still won 60+ games.

Money_23
01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
playoff contender yes, championship contender no. But Lebron can carry the worst team in league history to playoffs no doubt, he is the best player since Jordan. He is probably one of 3 players who can make any team good, i mean ANY team.

envymamba24
01-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I hate lebron but I've sat here trying to come up with a team that he couldn't make a 2 rd appearance with and all I came up with was the New York Jets

Coming from a jets fan lol

hail2skins4life
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
yes he can make up for so many things his team lacks. that was his job on team usa. he made up for so many of the deficiencies and weaknesses on team usa it was ridiculous

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
The suns...

I can see them making the 7 or 8 seed, but their is know way they get passed OKC or the Clippers.

I think he can get them to 6th seed or maybe even 5th honestly.

Dragic
Brown
Lebron
Scola
Gortat

He would just go crazy and probably come dangerously close to averaging a triple double, thing is, ALL of these players would instantly become so much better due to Lebron.

mdm692
01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
He would be sick with the (Insert favorite team here).

Suns
Dragic/Bassy/Marshall
Dudley/Brown
LBJ/Tucker/Beas
Scola/Kieff
Gortat/O'neal

Becks2307
01-05-2013, 10:40 PM
i think Brons stats go up wherever he plays. He hasnt averaged 30pts for a while because he hasnt had to.

Minimal
01-05-2013, 10:48 PM
JB is that you? lol

Chill_Will_24
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
I hate lebron but I've sat here trying to come up with a team that he couldn't make a 2 rd appearance with and all I came up with was the New York Jets

Coming from a jets fan lol

this made me legit :laugh2:

LA4life24/8
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes... do the people who say no not remember the team he took to.the finals in his 3rd(?) Year to the finals? They wouldn't have even made the playoffs without him

rocket
01-05-2013, 11:07 PM
No.

Yes.

Lead a team with complete bums to the finals.

Next year without him, they get the 1st pick in the draft.

SwatTeam
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Imagine Lebron on the Lakers. They would definitely be over .500 and maybe even contenders. I could definitely see Lebron making that Lakers team better.

Nash
Kobe
Lebron
Gasol
Howard

SirSkyHook
01-05-2013, 11:24 PM
The answer is yes.......................... IN THE EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres a reason why when he was a free ageant NO WEST TEAMS were seriously considered, there was mentions but serious consideration. So while fans out East praise him, most fans out west know the game is different out here. Not trying to be a prick either, but truth is truth.

example: Dwight is putting up the same numbers as he did for most of his career but he's frustrated as hell. Why? Is it just his health? No!!!!! His weaknesses are being exploited every game. Why is this the first year you here Hacka Howard? and more about his freethrows than dunks, and how much he truns the ball over? Hell some teams are even bold enough to play him single coverage. Why is it that even last year when he was injured you can say he was playing better than now? The west is a beast!!! Your not gonna catch a bellow .500 team making it to the playoffs out here. This is also why Dwight, if he leaves is heading back out East. I'm still waiting to see if he's built for this conference.

So the answer is in the East sure, but in the West keep dreaming.

amos1er
01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Nope...Lebron is a system player and needs specified conditions in order to be effective. He is also more about stats than winning, this is evident in the way he disappears in 4th quarters in close games against the best competition and in the way he can have the best supporting cast in basketball in the easiest conference and still not have a top 3 record in the league. He is more about getting his precious 25 ppg, along with at least 7-8 assists and 7-8 rebounds, than he is about influencing the outcomes of games.

The "Lebron system" is as follows:

- No true passing point guard so that Lebron can have all the ball handling responsibilities. (thus more assists)
- A high 3pt shooting percentage point guard and shooting guard who can play defense so that Lebron can use him for assists on offense and not have to worry about wasting too much energy on defense against the elite pg's and sg's of the league.
- Absence of a true center so that Lebron can...
a. score more in transition
b. get more rebounds
c. not have anyone else who will potentially clog up the lane so that he can drive and kick for assists or attack the rack and either score or have the refs bail him out
d. be more effective in the post for more of his own scoring opportunities... Setting iso plays for an effective post player will not get him assists nor will it aid him in getting more high percentage scoring opportunities.
- Soft jump shooting big men who will not clog up his lane and can be used to create drive and kick assisting opportunities...Preferably ones who can shoot the 3.

The "Lebron System" is set up for Lebron to take advantage of the weak competition in the east so that he can put up the best stats possible, yet still not have his team overall winning record effected by this selfishness and obvious marketing ploy. Thats why he was not able to win a ring for so many years despite having the best record in the regular season for two straight years...The "Lebron system" is not designed for winning championships, rather it is designed for personal glory and selling jersey's to NBA fans who hate the Lakers and are looking for anyone other than Kobe to worship. But hey, he was able to get one ring finally under that ridiculous style of play...but I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with a lockout season, having the best supporting cast in basketball, David Stern, Nike, Gatorade, or getting every single 50/50 call in the playoffs or anything right...:rolleyes:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19374109/in-a-game-full-of-5050-calls-lebrons-winning-100-percent-of-the-time

amos1er
01-05-2013, 11:44 PM
playoff contender yes, championship contender no. But Lebron can carry the worst team in league history to playoffs no doubt, he is the best player since Jordan. He is probably one of 3 players who can make any team good, i mean ANY team.

Oh boy...another brainwashed fan boy who won't admit that Lebron is a system player.

SwatTeam
01-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Is the Lebron system as good as the Kobe System? Its a system where Kobe jacks up lots of shots even though he has dominant post players?

Who would of thought that both Lebron and Kobe were system players? That's so crazy, its brilliant.

YashBoone
01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Ummmmm he made the cavs a contender. Otherwise they would have been a team of misfits

amos1er
01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Is the Lebron system as good as the Kobe System? Its a system where Kobe jacks up lots of shots even though he has dominant post players?

Who would of thought that both Lebron and Kobe were system players? That's so crazy, its brilliant.

So your saying Dwight Howard is a dominant post player offensively?

SwatTeam
01-05-2013, 11:54 PM
So your saying Dwight Howard is a dominant post player offensively?

No, but I think Gasol is. Boom. Roasted.

amos1er
01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Ummmmm he made the cavs a contender. Otherwise they would have been a team of misfits

So getting bounced in the second round every year is considered being a contender in your book?

amos1er
01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
No, but I think Gasol is. Boom. Roasted.

I know this. I was just referring to how you said post players.

Chronz
01-05-2013, 11:57 PM
So getting bounced in the second round every year is considered being a contender in your book?

So your saying his team that made the Finals was better than his teams that won a **** load more often?

SportsFanatic10
01-05-2013, 11:58 PM

utah and dallas would absolutely be contenders and philly would be very good with lebron and if bynum were healthy they'd be an elite team. also the cavs and houston would be very solid.

Chronz
01-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Yall heard it here first, Brons ability to fill every role for a team and not able to win with Mo Williams as his 2nd best player is proof that hes a "system" player. Even tho Kobe is every bit the system player that Bron is when you consider his struggles when asked to do the things Bron has done.

Lest we forget his propensity for turnovers when asked to run an offense full time.

Chronz
01-06-2013, 12:02 AM
They lost a decline Shaq who was at best a role player and an aging Big Z, that's it. Not to mention, both of those players lost a total of 47 games to injury, so how important could they be when they both missed major chunks of the season and they still won 60+ games.

They werent, Big Z played like **** and it took soo long for Brown to find a rotation for Shaq that the club actually posted better numbers when he wasn't around.

SwatTeam
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
I agree with this Lebron System. It makes sense. It didn't make sense at first but then I started to inhale the fumes from my car (similar to what every day Los Angelinos breathe in every day) and it made perfect sense.

Supreme LA
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
LeBron took Ilgauskas, Gooden, Hughes, Snow, Gibson, Pavlovic, Marshall, & Varejao to the Finals...

Led a team with Mo Williams as the second best player to 66 wins (Not to mention with Mike Brown as the coach)

You can't tell me that LeBron, Cousins, Tyreke, & Brooks wouldn't do damage
LeBron, Jefferson, Milsap, Favors, Mo Williams wouldn't do damage?
LeBron & Harden wouldn't do damage?
LeBron, Gordon, Davis, Anderson, Vasquez wouldn't do damage?
LeBron, Dragic, & Gortat?

All of those sound better than LeBron & Mo Williams or LeBron & Larry Hughes... just saying

Do damage??? How does that amount to being a "contender" though? Sure, Lebron will get his numbers anywhere he goes but you have to consider the team being put together. You mention all these bad teams but even the Heat with Ray, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh wouldn't get out of the ECF without Bosh.

Lebron is a fantastic player. I don't doubt he would improve every team he played on but that doesn't mean I believe he can make any of them a "contender".

jayjay33
01-06-2013, 12:07 AM
He'll no! Contender means you have atleast got a chance to win it all. Lebron has no chance if winning it all on say Washington for example.

An if you try to put all the weight on lebrons shoulders "mentally", he is gonna fall the pieces......

SwatTeam
To be honest though I like the Kobe system better. Sure, its currently below .500 and probably won't make the playoffs but at least Kobe is leading the league in scoring. Prime Iverson would be proud.

Supreme LA
:facepalm:
utah and dallas would absolutely be contenders and philly would be very good with lebron and if bynum were healthy they'd be an elite team. also the cavs and houston would be very solid.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Also Mike Brown is a horrible coach. What could have Bron done if he had a great coach in CLE?

Avenged
01-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Makes playoffs. Not contenders.

Minimal
01-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Nope...Lebron is a system player and needs specified conditions in order to be effective. He is also more about stats than winning, this is evident in the way he disappears in 4th quarters in close games against the best competition and in the way he can have the best supporting cast in basketball in the easiest conference and still not have a top 3 record in the league. He is more about getting his precious 25 ppg, along with at least 7-8 assists and 7-8 rebounds, than he is about influencing the outcomes of games.

- No true passing point guard so that Lebron can have all the ball handling responsibilities. (thus more assists)
- A high 3pt shooting percentage point guard and shooting guard who can play defense so that Lebron can use him for assists on offense and not have to worry about wasting too much energy on defense against the elite pg's and sg's of the league.
b. get more rebounds
c. not have anyone else who will potentially clog up the lane so that he can drive and kick for assists or attack the rack and either score or have the refs bail him out
d. be more effective in the post for more of his own scoring opportunities... Setting iso plays for an effective post player will not get him assists nor will it aid him in getting more high percentage scoring opportunities.
- Soft jump shooting big men who will not clog up his lane and can be used to create drive and kick assisting opportunities...Preferably ones who can shoot the 3.

The "Lebron System" is set up for Lebron to take advantage of the weak competition in the east so that he can put up the best stats possible, yet still not have his team overall winning record effected by this selfishness and obvious marketing ploy. Thats why he was not able to win a ring for so many years despite having the best record in the regular season for two straight years...The "Lebron system" is not designed for winning championships, rather it is designed for personal glory and selling jersey's to NBA fans who hate the Lakers and are looking for anyone other than Kobe to worship. But hey, he was able to get one ring finally under that ridiculous style of play...but I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with a lockout season, having the best supporting cast in basketball, David Stern, Nike, Gatorade, or getting every single 50/50 call in the playoffs or anything right...:rolleyes:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19374109/in-a-game-full-of-5050-calls-lebrons-winning-100-percent-of-the-time
Welcome to my "Idiot list".

SportsFanatic10
01-06-2013, 12:19 AM
:facepalm:

your so clueless its funny. so your telling me that

mo williams/foye
hayward/bell
lebron/marvin williams
millsap/favors
jefferson/kanter

and

collison/beaubois
mayo/carter
lebron/marion
dirk/brand
kaman/wright

aren't contenders? hahahahahaha same to you :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

SwatTeam
01-06-2013, 12:21 AM

How dare you! He is a visionary troll. He will go down in history as one of the greatest trolls of all time next to George Trollington, Benjamin Trollkin, Abraham Trollcoln, and Charlie Sheen.

bucketss
01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
lol Amos1er has to have the lowest basketball knowledge on this forum a supreme hater troll, he tries so hard to counter andrew32 but he gets ethered each time and embarrasses himself in every thread.

#TeamAndrew32

Becks2307
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
He'll no! Contender means you have atleast got a chance to win it all. Lebron has no chance if winning it all on say Washington for example.

An if you try to put all the weight on lebrons shoulders "mentally", he is gonna fall the pieces......

Wall
Beal
Lebron
Nene
Okafor

That team beats the Wade-Bosh Heat and is in the ECF finals.

bucketss
01-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Wall
Beal
Lebron
Nene
Okafor

That team beats the Wade-Bosh Heat and is in the ECF finals.

lol thats because wade-bosh heat would lack alot of depth if they don't use lebrons salary to get other players.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 12:35 AM
So your saying his team that made the Finals was better than his teams that won a **** load more often?

Hardly comparable. The 2007 Cavs had one of the easiest roads to the finals in NBA history. They would have been lucky to make it out of the first round in the west.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 12:37 AM

Thats hardly offensive considering it's author.

TO Rapz
01-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Kyle Lowry/Jose Calderon
Demar Derozan/Terrence Ross
Lebron James
Ed Davis/Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson
Jonas Valanciunas/Aaron Gray

:drool:

Chronz
01-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Hardly comparable. The 2007 Cavs had one of the easiest roads to the finals in NBA history. They would have been lucky to make it out of the first round in the west.

Thats my point, your boiling down a teams level of play to a barometer your admitting is highly flawed.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 12:42 AM
lol Amos1er has to have the lowest basketball knowledge on this forum a supreme hater troll, he tries so hard to counter andrew32 but he gets ethered each time and embarrasses himself in every thread.

#TeamAndrew32

I love how you chose to attack my character instead of any of the points I made.

#TeamLogic

bucketss
01-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Kyle Lowry/Jose Calderon
Demar Derozan/Terrence Ross
Lebron James
Ed Davis/Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson
Jonas Valanciunas/Aaron Gray

:drool:

lebron and ross fast break:drool:

bucketss
01-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I love how you chose to attack my character instead of any of the points I made.

#TeamLogic

I don't take yours or nickdymes opinion seriously sorry.

#TeamAndrew32

seikou8
01-06-2013, 12:49 AM

b. get more rebounds

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Becks2307
01-06-2013, 12:50 AM
lol thats because wade-bosh heat would lack alot of depth if they don't use lebrons salary to get other players.

True. This hypothetical has to be fleshed out. Are we just adding Lebron without salary implications or not?

amos1er
01-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Thats my point, your boiling down a teams level of play to a barometer your admitting is highly flawed.

That all depends on what your idea of a contender is and how much you believe the presence of a particular player actually influences a teams success.

A teams success can be in some cases attributed to a singe player, the system they run, or a combination of both as in the case of the 2007 Cavs...well, that and a very fortunate playoff schedule.

Chronz
01-06-2013, 12:53 AM
That all depends on what your idea of a contender is and how much you believe the presence of a particular player actually influences a teams success.

A teams success can be in some cases attributed to a singe player, the system they run, or a combination of both as in the case of the 2007 Cavs...well, that and a very fortunate playoff schedule.

Yea but you didn't express anything other than the barometer of where the team finished.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 12:55 AM
I don't take yours or nickdymes opinion seriously sorry.

#TeamAndrew32

I'm somehow suspect that you would not take anyone seriously who would dare make the argument that Lebron is one of the most overrated athletes of all time. BLASPHEMY!!!

Plat
01-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Yes

LBJ6
01-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Yes he will... Thats the kind of player he is, unlike ballhogs players.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Yea but you didn't express anything other than the barometer of where the team finished.

It also matters who they lose to. For instance, in the case of the 2003 and 2011 Lakers, they were beaten by the team that eventually went on to win the championship. So in a case like that, they could be considered contenders and also have a pass for losing in the second round. The 2007 Cavs did not have to face a quality team in the NBA until the NBA finals.

bucketss
01-06-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm somehow suspect that you would not take anyone seriously who would dare make the argument that Lebron is one of the most overrated athletes of all time. BLASPHEMY!!!

if the best player in the world today and future top ten greatest player to ever play is called 'most overrated athlete ever" than yes i don't take their opinion seriously not only that i question their basketball knowledge and sanity.

btw kobe just got twitter you can send him your love tweets now.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 01:06 AM
I find it funny that some Lakers fans claim Lebron is overrated. I'll see you guys in 2014 when i am sure the Lakers will be among the teams dying to get him. You guys are gonna be on his nuts if he becomes a Laker.

seikou8
01-06-2013, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=amos1er;24984918]I'm somehow suspect that you would not take anyone seriously who would dare make the argument that Lebron is one of the most overrated athletes of all time. BLASPHEMY!!!]QUOTE]

yup it really is, overrated is one thing but all time thats too far
i am use your own way aruging point against you http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/11309/thibs-sees-greatness-in-lebron-james

amos1er
01-06-2013, 01:10 AM
if the best player in the world today

Agreed.

and future top ten greatest player to ever play

Debatable.

Look at the comment in my sig and tell me that you agree with that bs. Sadly, thats the opinion of a lot of Lebron fans. Thats why I and many others feel that he is one of the most overrated athletes of all time.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE=amos1er;24984918]I'm somehow suspect that you would not take anyone seriously who would dare make the argument that Lebron is one of the most overrated athletes of all time. BLASPHEMY!!!]QUOTE]

yup it really is, overrated is one thing but all time thats too far
i am use your own way aruging point against you http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/11309/thibs-sees-greatness-in-lebron-james

Well, when you refer to yourself as "the chosen one" or as "the king" for many years before a single ring was produced, that might be enough to warrant a nomination for one of the most overrated athletes of all time. Notice, I didn't say the single most overrated athletes, I said one of the most overrated athletes.

amos1er
01-06-2013, 01:17 AM

Hey, I can respect the opinion of Thibs a lot more than some Hollinger stats.

bucketss
01-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Agreed.

Debatable.

Look at the comment in my sig and tell me that you agree with that bs. Sadly, thats the opinion of a lot of Lebron fans. Thats why I and many others feel that he is one of the most overrated athletes of all time.

lebron fanatics? of course he will be overrated amongst lebron fanatics just like melo fans overate melo,rose fans overate rose etc. The consensus amongst nba fans is what i just said best player today with a lot of work in front of him if he wants to be among the greatest(top5) and is on pace to be top ten currently, still a tall task.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 01:25 AM
[QUOTE=seikou8;24985030]

Well, when you refer to yourself as "the chosen one" or as "the king" for many years before a single ring was produced, that might be enough to warrant a nomination for one of the most overrated athletes of all time. Notice, I didn't say the single most overrated athletes, I said one of the most overrated athletes.

So a player that has had the media on his nuts since he was like 12 and dubbed him those nicknames is considered overrated for riding with it? A cocky player automatically means he is overrated?

Hey, I can respect the opinion of Thibs a lot more than some Hollinger stats.

Classic example of the "appeal to authority" fallacy

Il Mago50
01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Yes.

There's no argument unless you're putting him with 14 non-NBA level talent guys

Hardaway Here
01-06-2013, 01:49 AM

b. get more rebounds

He actually believes this though

Chronz
01-06-2013, 01:59 AM
It also matters who they lose to. For instance, in the case of the 2003 and 2011 Lakers, they were beaten by the team that eventually went on to win the championship. So in a case like that, they could be considered contenders and also have a pass for losing in the second round. The 2007 Cavs did not have to face a quality team in the NBA until the NBA finals.

OMFG yes I know, I get all that. You didn't lend anything in the way of any of that. You simply mentioned where his teams finished.

PleaseBeNice
01-06-2013, 02:07 AM
With Evans off the bench :drool:

In all honesty, if we had Lebron, I'd make this out starting line up:

Jimmer
Reke
Lebron
Thompson
Cuz

Chronz
01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
In all honesty, if we had Lebron, I'd make this out starting line up:

Jimmer
Reke
Lebron
Thompson
Cuz

Reke and Bron? LOL

Your opinion = invalid

odiz
01-06-2013, 02:35 AM
The Cavs teams Lebron played on would have been the worst team in the NBA if he wasnt on the team. So that answers your question. He led them to the best record in basketball and the NBA finals and it was basically a 1 man show.

shep33
01-06-2013, 02:46 AM
Best player in the game, but the answer is easily no.

You put him on the worst teams out west and he's not going to get past Memphis, LAC, San Antonio, etc. by himself.

Oh and nobody can save the Wizards

PapelbonLester
01-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Is this a leget question.....ummm the CAVS!!!! he took them to the finals left and they got the 1st pick. ohhhh and they got him with the 1st pick. This question is for an idiot he already proved this true.

naps
01-06-2013, 03:33 AM
Championship contender with any team? NO.
A serious playoff contender? **** yes! He would make any team in the league a top 4 seed and will be up for a very interesting playoff run.

Money_23
01-06-2013, 04:02 AM
rofl at "Lebron is a system player"......

el hidalgo
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM
IMO, he definitely does. His cavs team went from best record in the league to complete garbage, and they only really lost him. You see Kobe with a similar team and they get knocked out first round (IMO Odom is better than anybody lebron had though).

lebron is just on a different level when it comes to helping a team win.

el hidalgo
01-06-2013, 04:06 AM

#TeamAndrew32

now this is a bandwagon i can jump onto

#TeamAndrew32

More-Than-Most
01-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Bynum/James/Holiday

Titles Galore.

nastynice
01-06-2013, 04:19 AM
When he was on the cavs they were a contender, and look at their lineup without him. So yes, yes he would make ANY team a contender

Hawkeye15
01-06-2013, 04:36 AM

b. get more rebounds

so much typing, yet its the same tired spiel everytime. You can't stand the fact that a new guy is better than your guy. We get it. Fact is, there hasn't been a player since Jordan that could make a talentless team a really good team. Not even your precious...

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:39 AM
He'd be ****ed in Washington.

jetsfan28
01-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Thought about this for way too long. I just can't see LeBron and the Raptors beating the Knicks. That team is impressively bad.

Any other team, I'd say yes (although Phoenix and Sacramento are borderline). But Toronto is still a 5-8 seed with LeBron, and would not be contenders, unless his presence completely rejuvenates Bargnani. It's not like the Toronto coaching staff would suddenly become logical, they'd still play Bargnani over Ed Davis.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:47 AM
I bet if he went to the Knicks they'd instantly suck.

jaydubb
01-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Yes. He's that good. :)

JeffG20
01-06-2013, 05:59 AM

both of which were garbage at that point in their careers

JLynn943
01-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Reke and Bron? LOL

Your opinion = invalid

:rolleyes:

It's far from unreasonable. Tyreke is essentially a poor man's Wade stylistically, and by including Jimmer as the starting PG you provide a 3-point threat.

Anyway, I think I'd end up with something more along the lines of:

Thomas
Evans
Salmons/Garcia (solid/good defense and decent range for both)
LeBron
Cousins

That's a good defensive team with plenty of scoring power. The spacing should be fine considering teams couldn't just crash the paint with the PG and SF camping out at the arc and with LeBron's ability to score from anywhere. LeBron and Evans would share ball-handling duty.

And if the team needed to go bigger:

Evans
Salmons
LeBron
Thompson
Cousins

Becks2307
01-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Again Lebron could go back to his Cav averages if he needed too, plus I believe he is an even better scorere now so I think he can do even better.

33/ 9/ 8 - I would not be surprised.

DanG
01-06-2013, 07:13 AM
No

I think he can make every team a playoff team, but he can't make every **** team a contender unless the team fits him perfectly

MisterRoddy
01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
This question is incredibly flawed. Of course if you put Lebron on any team and don't take away from that particular team they would be a playoff contender. Most teams that are terrible right now are missing many pieces and Lebron would make up for the majority of said pieces himself. He's that good.

But I think the better question would revolve around if Lebron could make any team a contender after taking away their current best player. Basically putting Lebron in that other players shoes, if you will.

Then it is a lot harder to gauge whether those teams are playoff teams.

For example, I will take the 3 worst teams in the NBA currently (excluding New Orleans because I feel they aren't nearly as bad with Eric Gordon coming back) and substitute Lebron in for who I think to be their best player.

Wizards (Taking away Wall):
PG Temple
SG Beal
SF Lebron
PF Seraphin
C Okafor

Cavaliers (Taking away Irving):
PG Livingston
SG Waiters
SF Lebron
PF Thompson
C Varajao

Bobcats (Taking away Walker):
PG Sessions
SG Henderson
SF Kidd-Gilchrist
PF Lebron
C Biyombo

Although Lebron would undoubtedly tack on more wins to these teams, it is debatable whether these teams are actual playoff squads.

I feel this is a more relevant question. Basically gauging how much more value Lebron would bring against a team's current best player and seeing how much he could do putting him in their situation.

Also, the people citing what Lebron did with the Cavaliers are wrong in my opinion. The Cavaliers built that team around him with veteran players that all knew their roles. Most of the struggling teams in the league now are struggling because they are filled with young developing players that don't know where they fit just yet. It would be much harder for Lebron to work with them.

LAOwnsAll15
01-06-2013, 08:24 AM
of course, he puts of the easiest 30 points ive ever seen. You dont even have to coach or draw up his plays.

GoferKing_
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM

Well you are wrong. I don't like LBJ but you can't take that away from him, he is a game changer for every team.

bucketss
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Thought about this for way too long. I just can't see LeBron and the Raptors beating the Knicks. That team is impressively bad.

Any other team, I'd say yes (although Phoenix and Sacramento are borderline). But Toronto is still a 5-8 seed with LeBron, and would not be contenders, unless his presence completely rejuvenates Bargnani. It's not like the Toronto coaching staff would suddenly become logical, they'd still play Bargnani over Ed Davis.

lol what impressively bad? we just won 8 of 10 and not too far behind from the 8th seed. btw coach casey said ed earned the starting spot just like calderon did over lowry. so i don't see why bargnani would get the start or play over him.

ManRam
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
I think what he did in Cleveland makes the answer to this question a pretty obvious "yes".

BALLER R
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM
lol what impressively bad? we just won 8 of 10 and not too far behind from the 8th seed. btw coach casey said ed earned the starting spot just like calderon did over lowry. so i don't see why bargnani would get the start or play over him.

That was a reputation comment not a present day comment. Just don't mind his comment.

lamzoka
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
not contender, but you put him on any team and they will be in the playoffs.

mzgrizz
01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes, yes he does

king4day
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Contender yes. Title contender no.
But as we've seen, with a little time, they could get there.

If I was in his shoes, I'd want to go back to the Cavs after my Miami stint was over. Unfinished business. Plus he has the right pieces that would surround him. Bring success to a team that's never had it (championship I mean)

king4day
01-06-2013, 01:01 PM

I disagree with some of those teams. If you added him to Cavs with Irving and Varejao, Mavs with Dirk and Mayo? Those are propelled to contenders I believe.
Hell, even Detroit, New Orleans and Philly would be worlds better

JdKing7
01-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Playoff contender for sure, title contender not so much but then again anything is possible.

effen5
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Rose
Rip
Lebron
Boozer
Noah

Rivera
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Rose
Rip
Lebron
Boozer
Noah

Not even a playoff team

blahblahyoutoo
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
he carried the cavs to the finals a couple of years into the league.
THE CAVS.

BlinkManJan02
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I'd say yes as well.

13ull3TProoF
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM
he was with cleveland for 8 years and couldnt win, this is a ******** question we already know the answer too!

Chronz
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
But contending isn't the same as winning

xxplayerxx23
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Name a team and he makes them a contender to win it all. Not saying he would win it but he will make them a team that could

SportsFanatic10
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
he was with cleveland for 8 years and couldnt win, this is a ******** question we already know the answer too!

it's not as ******** as your post. sure he didn't win in cleveland, but they were definitely contenders while he was there and without him they were garbage and that's basically what the op asked.

Hickenlooper
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
LeBron makes any team a four seed and up. He makes his teammates a lot better, which we forget.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I think what he did in Cleveland makes the answer to this question a pretty obvious "yes".

Not obvious at all since so many people disagree

jmartin80
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes. Without a doubt.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
To clarify, i mean a TITLE CONTENDER. Obviously teams like the Lakers and Knicks should be excluded. I am just focusing on the lower tier teams

mightybosstone
01-06-2013, 02:53 PM
To clarify, i mean a TITLE CONTENDER. Obviously teams like the Lakers and Knicks should be excluded. I am just focusing on the lower tier teams

Yes, I think he does. Look at the quality of players around him when he played in Cleveland. This was the starting five of a team he dragged to an NBA Finals in 06-07:
Larry Hughes
Sasha Pavlovic
Lebron James
Drew Gooden
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

If he can take THAT team to an NBA Finals, he can feasibly make any roster in the NBA a contender. Even when Cleveland finally put some talent around him with Mo Williams, that roster was still mediocre as hell and wouldn't have won 25 games without him. So, you could put him on Charlotte, Washington, Cleveland, Sacramento or any of the other cellar dwellers and they would at least get to the second or third round of the playoffs.

IndiansFan337
01-06-2013, 02:59 PM

They would easily make the playoffs with him. He is good enough to win a playoff series for any team too. They probably would not be favorites if he were in Washington or Orlando, but I would consider them contenders. And those teams would have constructed their teams much differently in recent offseason's if they had him.

Ill21
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Any team Lebron goes on is on a top 7 team

YouAreSoWrong
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Whoever says no....you're an idiot.

Pistol_Pete
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Yes, I think so. And there's proof to back it up. In 02-03 Cleveland went 17–65. The next year with LeBron, they went 42-40 but lost the last seed to the Nets because they had a tiebreaker over the Cavs. So, technically, no, because they didn't make the playoffs. But, I think that illustrates how good he is. Add LeBron to any team and yes, I think they make the playoffs.

Becks2307
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
If Lebron went to Sac town, I guranteee Jimmer's career would take off. That's the effect he has. Not only does he do everything, he makes other players much better.

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Any team Lebron goes on is on a top 7 team

Completely OT but in regards to your sig; can refs give techs to teams for things their fans do on the sidelines. I mean Spike Lee pushes the envelope sometimes. I am surprised that ref did not react. That was a pretty vicious staredown

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Completely OT but in regards to your sig; can refs give techs to teams for things their fans do on the sidelines. I mean Spike Lee pushes the envelope sometimes. I am surprised that ref did not react. That was a pretty vicious staredown

Spike Lee is 5'5" 120 pounds. I wouldn't call it "vicious"...

Chill_Will_24
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Spike Lee is 5'5" 120 pounds. I wouldn't call it "vicious"...

His size has an impact on the ferocity of his gaze? Interesting.

sep11ie
01-06-2013, 04:14 PM
His size has an impact on the ferocity of his gaze? Interesting.

Well, yea.

LAcowBOMBER
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Contenders for what? I don't think championship contenders, but I think even the worst teams would make the playoffs with Lebron

Jarvo
01-06-2013, 05:06 PM

:facepalm: Wallace wasn't really the man in Detroit, Shaq was old as **** with The Cavs and Big Z :laugh:

bucketss
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM

No?

nope only durant,lebron and healthy dwight.

Swift Game
01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Bobcats would probably not be a contender with LeBron either.

JordansBulls
01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
The answer is yes he makes them at least a top 4 seed as long as the team is healthy even if they are not that great. You put him on the Bobcats at least they got Ben Gordon with him as well to help.

b@llhog24
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM

b. get more rebounds

:yawn:

The 07 and 09 seasons didn't happen? :confused:

Yall heard it here first, Brons ability to fill every role for a team and not able to win with Mo Williams as his 2nd best player is proof that hes a "system" player. Even tho Kobe is every bit the system player that Bron is when you consider his struggles when asked to do the things Bron has done.

Lest we forget his propensity for turnovers when asked to run an offense full time.

:burn:

I agree with this Lebron System. It makes sense. It didn't make sense at first but then I started to inhale the fumes from my car (similar to what every day Los Angelinos breathe in every day) and it made perfect sense.

:laugh:

+1.

#TeamAndrew32

It's close, but NickDymez is worse imo.

Agreed.

Debatable.

Proof?

[QUOTE=seikou8;24985030]

Kobe is calls himself the "Black Mamba" shouldn't he act like a snake? (I mean besides cheating on his wife).

DubbyDubbs
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Answer : Yes

felixng2012
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
No way in hell. Do people realize what a contender is? Contenders have a good chance of winning chips. Lebron is easily the best and most versatile player on the planet but at best he makes any team a playoff team. He got the Cavs to the Finals which was impressive but in reality the Cavs were never truly a contender. They played in the Leastern Conference and feasted on weak teams. Role players are just role players. They might do well in the regular season but a team with Lebron and role players will get exposed in the playoffs.

jayjay33
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
No way in hell. Do people realize what a contender is? Contenders have a good chance of winning chips. Lebron is easily the best and most versatile player on the planet but at best he makes any team a playoff team. He got the Cavs to the Finals which was impressive but in reality the Cavs were never truly a contender. They played in the Leastern Conference and feasted on weak teams. Role players are just role players. They might do well in the regular season but a team with Lebron and role players will get exposed in the playoffs.

Well apparently now "contender" no longer means a legit chance to win a championship. Now It means getting a top 4 seed. Lol

So i guess you can have 10 or 11 teams better than you and still be a "contender" these days. Times have changed.

Bishnoff
01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, LeBron would turn nearly every NBA into an instant contender.