PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose tweets Cousins best C in the league.

pupsingh
01-05-2013, 02:48 AM
JALEN ROSE ‏@JalenRose
Kings Cousins w/31pts & 20 rebs in a road win at Toronto. I hear many opinions,now hear this...he is the best C in the league! #NBA

is he?

he seems to be turning the corner maturity wise since the suspension. And watching his interview with the guys on arena link helps confirm that. what do you guys think?

31 and 20 tonight

Dade County
01-05-2013, 02:53 AM
I can see him in a HEAT jersey.

PleaseBeNice
01-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Not yet, he needs to keep it up all year and the Kings need to win

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Nah.

pupsingh
01-05-2013, 02:55 AM
I can see him in a HEAT jersey.

and how on earth do you plan on getting him. chalmers plus fillers?

Chill_Will_24
01-05-2013, 02:57 AM
I hope the Celtics get him so he can finally blossom into what he can really be

Mr_Jones
01-05-2013, 02:57 AM

mike miller

Lakerhead4ever
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
nope

dalton749
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
hes up there but it was against a depleted toronto front line forced to play small because the only option for guarding him was that bum arron grey and he was in foul trouble early

Sactown
01-05-2013, 03:06 AM
What?? Good press for Boogie?? There is a GOD!

krisxsong
01-05-2013, 03:10 AM
If this guy gave it his full effort every game, focused on being the best player he can be, and had the drive to improve everyday?

This guy would be the best Big Man in the NBA in about a year or two, and would be the best for a long time.

In other words, you give him Kobe Bryant's mentality and this kid would be a MONSTER.

Jahari Kavi
01-05-2013, 03:14 AM
even with his issues you could probably say it...it isn't like Dwight is lighting it up....Marc Gasol is solid, but Cousins has more natural talent....Brook Lopez is overrated...Asik is a solid big, but not dominate....

Jahari Kavi
01-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Al Jefferson is up there too, but it is debatable

Sactown
01-05-2013, 03:16 AM
Honestly, even if he becomes the most dominant big man in the game, it seems to not matter as much as it use to, games changed so much

DerekRE_3
01-05-2013, 03:19 AM
If this guy gave it his full effort every game, focused on being the best player he can be, and had the drive to improve everyday?

This guy would be the best Big Man in the NBA in about a year or two, and would be the best for a long time.

In other words, you give him Kobe Bryant's mentality and this kid would be a MONSTER.

Effort has never been his problem.

DerekRE_3
01-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Talent wise he is ridiculous. He's a once a decade type of talent, especially for his size. The only person who can stop him from being great is him.

jmoney85
01-05-2013, 03:20 AM
even with his issues you could probably say it...it isn't like Dwight is lighting it up....Marc Gasol is solid, but Cousins has more natural talent....Brook Lopez is overrated...Asik is a solid big, but not dominate....

:laugh:

Dade County
01-05-2013, 03:20 AM

:laugh2:

Thats Pat job, I don't have to worry about that; I'll just wake up one morning and bam, what do you know, Cousins is in a HEAT jersey.

Then I can come onto PSD and say.... NBA = Entertainment, are you not entertained :D

RipCity32
01-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Its funny because hes come out playing better after all the negative hype and honestly I think he wants to be in Sacramento.

Alayla
01-05-2013, 03:38 AM

No mention of AV? i know he is in the east but he is in the convo u know?

Alayla
01-05-2013, 03:41 AM
And im sorry but i cant call a CENTER who shoots .413% from the field the best that is Puke worthy

Alayla
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Duncan is the best followed by Howard Followed closely by marc gasol followed by AV then Brook and Cusans start to come into the picture imo

Alayla
01-05-2013, 03:49 AM
1 last thing though that you people fail to Understand Howard is having a down season for being Dwight Howard but even this year he is a top 15 player at Wrost and thats while playing with a hurt back If Duncan wasnt having such a fabulos year DH12 would still be number 1

thechom80
01-05-2013, 03:51 AM
Talent wise he is ridiculous. He's a once a decade type of talent, especially for his size. The only person who can stop him from being great is him.

This. He is his own worst enemy. He'll never amount to his ability and potential if he doesn't get it together. And no, he hasn't matured yet. It will take more than a couple weeks to straighten him out. He needs a change of scenery and out of that organization.

jmoney85
01-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Duncan is the best followed by Howard Followed closely by marc gasol followed by AV then Brook and Cusans start to come into the picture imo

gasol is so overrated... he's one of the worst rebounding centers in the league not to mention he is shooting horrible

JLynn943
01-05-2013, 04:08 AM

His motor and effort are not a problem at all, and neither is his drive to improve. He just needs to control his emotions.

I swear people just say things based on assumptions without ever watching players....

krisxsong
01-05-2013, 04:15 AM
His motor and effort are not a problem at all, and neither is his drive to improve. He just needs to control his emotions.

I swear people just say things based on assumptions without ever watching players....

Are you telling me he's so stupid he doesn't know a dumb shot when he takes one?

You're seriously telling me he's so dumb that he doesn't realize the ridiculous shots that he takes cause his FG% and team FG% to drop?

Controlling his emotions is not his only problem. He needs to work on shot selection, defense(although it's already decent), and the fundamentals and those are things that you work at because you want to get better and he hasn't really improved any of those things his time in the NBA.

krisxsong
01-05-2013, 04:18 AM

My vote for wackiest post of the day!

Marc Gasol is solid? Dwight isn't lightning it up? Lopez overrated?

All these guys are EASILY better than Cousins right now, and no Lopez is UNDERRATED. Would you like proof? Best PER among Centers and 5th best PER in NBA and this dude is 14th in AS voting for front court players.

He's behind the likes of Bynum, Amare, and Battier. But yeah he's overrated.

Gasol might be the 2nd best Center in the NBA and he's solid?

So Dwight isn't lightning it up. Call me when Cousins can put up 18 and 12 shooting 56% from the field on an off year.

sacgiants1213
01-05-2013, 04:27 AM
If the league/refs continues to target him, he'll have no chance.

JEDean89
01-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Nuggets should make a play for him, GK could do some good for him and the nuggs have all the assets. something like McGee, Hamilton, + Picks for Cousins and a maybe Salmons would be good. i know the Kings are saying he's not available but some teams can give them a lot of assets in return.

Jesse2272
01-05-2013, 08:35 AM
leave twitter for the twats

nico916
01-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Try shooting a good percentage when your trippled team and players are constantly climbing all over him and the refs T'ing him up and swallowing the wistle way too often. Dude is a beast almost every night and your forgetting the guy fights for every off reb with 3 to 4 guys around him on every missed shot. If you actually watch enough kings game you would see a lot of things that dont show on the stat sheet and what is on the stat sheet can be misleading sometimes. Stay away from the stats and just watch a guy play a few games in a row before speaking.

Jesse2272
01-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Im a DMC fan on record not just now

hes just a knuckle head :smoking:

Fukudome
01-05-2013, 09:14 AM
keep strength training DRose

leave twitter for the twats

Wrong Rose.

Jesse2272
01-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Wrong Rose.

huh

mjt20mik
01-05-2013, 09:56 AM
My vote for wackiest post of the day!

Marc Gasol is solid? Dwight isn't lightning it up? Lopez overrated?

All these guys are EASILY better than Cousins right now, and no Lopez is UNDERRATED. Would you like proof? Best PER among Centers and 5th best PER in NBA and this dude is 14th in AS voting for front court players.

He's behind the likes of Bynum, Amare, and Battier. But yeah he's overrated.

Gasol might be the 2nd best Center in the NBA and he's solid?

So Dwight isn't lightning it up. Call me when Cousins can put up 18 and 12 shooting 56% from the field on an off year.

Preach.

Cousins is talented, don't get me wrong, but he hasn't been anywhere near consistent.

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Last night's game show what he is capable of when playing to his max potential, but it can also be seen as a statistical anomoly.

Bottom line is, he's got to grab 12+ boards on a regular basis, and he's got to shoot somewhere near 50% on a regualrs basis for him to be in the conversation. He has the skill set (mid-range shot, passing game, and ball-handling skills), but he's got to be more consistent, especially with the mid-range shot.

DallasTrilla23
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
c'mon jalen..

These analysts trying to give away Dwight's title like he didn't just come out of back surgery...

Cousins has a couple of nice games and he's better than Dwight? I like how none of these analysts ever mentions Marc Gasol..

ZamboniCub
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Jalen also thinks he was good at basketball...

Sly Guy
01-05-2013, 01:43 PM
cousins had a good game where the other team's best 2 big men are like 6'8"-6'9" 245. It was inevitable. Looked good doing it, but there's tougher tests in this league than that.

Alayla
01-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Try shooting a good percentage when your trippled team and players are constantly climbing all over him and the refs T'ing him up and swallowing the wistle way too often. Dude is a beast almost every night and your forgetting the guy fights for every off reb with 3 to 4 guys around him on every missed shot. If you actually watch enough kings game you would see a lot of things that dont show on the stat sheet and what is on the stat sheet can be misleading sometimes. Stay away from the stats and just watch a guy play a few games in a row before speaking.

The kings are my 2nd Team i wacth dude.. and no its not just the doubles his shot selection is awfull.

MintBerryCrunch
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Number 3

Kuya_Clive
01-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Jalen also thinks he was good at basketball...

He was because he played in the NBA :cool:.

mike 810
01-05-2013, 03:47 PM
How when Greg Monroe just out played him 2 nights ago...& has better numbers overall???

mike 810
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
And it was against the raptors with their best big man out jonas v...

Alayla
01-05-2013, 06:07 PM
huh

The tweet was from JALEN Rose

krisxsong
01-05-2013, 06:47 PM
And it was against the raptors with their best big man out jonas v...

I'm sick and tired of people saying crap like this.

Yes the competition he went up against was not very good compared to the best, however if getting 30 and 20 was so easy against poor competition why doesn't it happen all the time?

You guys act like getting 30 and 20 is so easy if you're going up against bad players. 30 and 20 is hard against any NBA player.

CityofTreez
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Jalen also said Grant Hill was an "Uncle Tom"

He's not the best, and I'm a Kings fan. I'm a big fan of Greg Monroe & Brook Lopez this year, and Cousins is playing Brooklyn tonight. He lost to Monroe the other night, and I want to see him perform at a high level against Lopez today.

Raidergrant
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Almost there! I'm just happy that the Kings are getting some attention.

ackar
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Ageed! He has a world of talent and natural basketball acumen.

TheMoneyTeam
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Top 15, easily.

tapajafri
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
He's not the best center in the league YET..... but he's definitely the most talented/skilled center in terms of raw ability.

Howard, Lopez, Bynum, etc can't dribble or pass like Cousins. They can't shoot as well as Cousins. They don't have the guard skills that Cousins has. A lot of people call Cousins a point-center. He's certainly the closest center to a guard. Extremely talented. He will eventually be the best center in the game. He can do things that other centers just can't do.

FriedTofuz
01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I thought cousins was a Power forward

krisxsong
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
I thought cousins was a Power forward

You shouldn't say things like this in public..

IndyRealist
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Right now I'd take Chandler, Dwight, Gasol, Noah, or Varejao over Cousins. And given his apparent mental instability, I might take Drummond, Hickson, Splitter, ROBIN Lopez, or Asik over him.

The_Jamal
01-06-2013, 01:16 AM
DeMarcus on the Kings 4-game road trip

24.5 PPG
15.4 RPG
3.8 AST
53% FG

dtmagnet
01-06-2013, 01:35 AM
So one game makes it so?