PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Possibly Interested In Rudy Gay

Monta is beast
01-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Golden State Warriors: They’ve long coveted Gay, according to several sources, but they lack a single appealing and tradeable large salary in order to make a deal work. They’re in almost the identical cap situation as Boston — a bit over the tax line, and prohibited from going over the $74.3 million payroll mark after using most of the mid-level exception on Carl Landry.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors

GrandDaddyPurp
01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Where hell does it say they are interested? It just says they don't got anyone to make the deal work.

North Yorker
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Where hell does it say they are interested?

Read the first line of the quote.

Monta is beast
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Where hell does it say they are interested? It just says they don't got anyone to make the deal work.

Golden State Warriors: They’ve long coveted Gay, according to several sources

In plane ****in sight

asandhu23
01-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Golden State Warriors: They’ve long coveted Gay, according to several sources

In plane ****in sight

plain.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
They would have to give up Barnes.

Monta is beast
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Ight grammar man

Monta is beast
01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
They would have to give up Barnes.

Yeah, most likely. It really depends on how much Lacob and company like Gay. I don't think I would trade for Gay to be honest. In my opinion this team and it's players are a perfect fit for each other. Bringing in a ball dominant player like Gay might mess with the on and off court chemistry.

5ass
01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
they should avoid it imo

dhopisthename
01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
if they wait a year jefferson and biendrins would make a nice expiring contract

Monta is beast
01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
they should avoid it imo

This.

KnickaBocka.44
01-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I would rather have Barnes than Gay.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I doubt this is a good trade for GSW. Their core right now is already solid.

Ebbs
01-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Biedrins + Barnes? Don't like the deal for either side honestly.

Monta is beast
01-04-2013, 07:55 PM
The most likely trade would be Barnes, Jefferson, and Jenkins for Gay.

shep33
01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah, don't like it for Gstate... have you guys seen Rudy Gay's contract?

IndyRealist
01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, don't like it for Gstate... have you guys seen Rudy Gay's contract?

Yup, Rudy should be about as untradeable as they come. His production, while good, is nowhere near his contract.

asandhu23
01-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Ight grammar man

spelling.

Blitzbolt
01-04-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't want any players for the Warriors not even Curry so I hope it won't happen.

But a 3 team trade is also possible.

asandhu23
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't want any players for the Warriors not even Curry so I hope it won't happen.

what?

BayAreaBorn
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
This is a small part of a bigger article that seems based off of opinion and right above the warriors it's says it's a long shot anyway http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/46581/the-rudy-gay-dilemma-if-hes-dealt-where-will-he-land

TrueFan420
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I'd rather a iggy type of player than gay.

uprightciti
01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
in before close

this **** is stupid

lol, please
01-04-2013, 10:04 PM
they should avoid it imo

Agreed.

sf-fanatic
01-04-2013, 10:29 PM

serious?

Sportfan
01-04-2013, 10:43 PM
GSW should really go fr pierce. I think he would really play into that offense

Blitzbolt
01-04-2013, 10:54 PM
serious?

He is a good player but he is a BAD fit for us (and the other Warriors)Grizzlies are a big physical Defensive team who go the low post in almost every single play.

C-Dub
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
both teams are great how they are, or at least better than any trade between these two teams could make them. i dont see how this makes sense.

tredigs
01-05-2013, 12:24 AM
The Warriors were interested in past years when when it was involving a deal for Monta Ellis. That deal is no longer necessary.

GunFactor187
01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
If I were the Dubs, I'd keep Barnes, a lot more upside and I wouldn't do anything that would risk their chemistry.

RyanStorm
01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
As mad as I am about GS this year, I would really like to see GS make a real run. I mean they got the big players who can make their own offense without help. I mean you damn there got everything that OKC and Miami have, you just need some more wins and confidence.

If I were GS, I would bring in the best you can get. You add one more great player, and you might be able to start talking 3rd round.

MrfadeawayJB
01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
As a grizz fan i like Barnes and wouldnt mind him in a grizz jersey if a trade must happen

justinnum1
01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
awful idea, low % chucker

faze38
01-05-2013, 01:42 AM
I think Gay would take this team to the next level to be honest. I know Barnes is a good young player but Rudy can create his own offense is a great defender and one hell of a shooter. To me this is a match alongside a sniper like Curry and a beast like Lee!

SugeKnight
01-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Barnes's maximum potential is a slightly better version of Gay, but who knows if he will ever reach it. The main concern would be chemistry

TrueFan420
01-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Barnes's maximum potential is a slightly better version of Gay, but who knows if he will ever reach it. The main concern would be chemistry

And contract implications

mightybosstone
01-05-2013, 03:41 AM
If I'm the Warriors, I avoid Gay like the plague. There are few more overrated, overpaid players in sports than Rudy Gay and they have an extremely talented, fun team to watch right now.

VicTheWizard
01-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Gay, Curry, and Lee would be problems for any team to deal with, It would put the Warriors easily as a top 5 team overall IMO

SugeKnight
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
And contract implications

Yes that too

mightybosstone
01-05-2013, 03:50 AM
People will likely disagree with me on this, but Rudy Gay is the fourth best player on the Memphis Grizzlies. Gasol, Randolph and Conley are all better basketball players right now and he's a distant fourth, IMO.

SugeKnight
01-05-2013, 03:53 AM
He is a good player but he is a BAD fit for us (and the other Warriors)Grizzlies are a big physical Defensive team who go the low post in almost every single play.

Which is exactly why you are wrong. They would have the best inside-outside game in the league.

Curry and Gasol :drool:

Monta is beast
01-05-2013, 03:57 AM
We aint trading Curry for nobody lol

MisterRoddy
01-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Gay, Curry, and Lee would be problems for any team to deal with, It would put the Warriors easily as a top 5 team overall IMO

Agree that Gay would put them up there, not positive about Top 5 but an argument could be made.

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Spurs
5. Knicks, Warriors, Grizzlies all reasonable options.

I feel Harrison Barnes' ceiling is way overrated. I personally believe he will end up having a career comparable to that of Marvin Williams. Literally the only reason he is receiving so much hype is because he is on a winning team right now but he plays for only a little over half the game and when he is in has has put up an 11 PER, which, even for a rookie, is putrid. He doesn't know how to create his own shot and when given the opportunity near the basket he struggles finishing. He will be a solid role player for his career but never will he be a Rudy Gay type player.

I Am Awesome-O
01-05-2013, 04:06 AM
People will likely disagree with me on this, but Rudy Gay is the fourth best player on the Memphis Grizzlies. Gasol, Randolph and Conley are all better basketball players right now and he's a distant fourth, IMO.

Yep, disagree.

Gay is #3, Conley is a distant 4th.

lol, please
01-05-2013, 05:39 AM
The Warriors were interested in past years when when it was involving a deal for Monta Ellis. That deal is no longer necessary.This.

As mad as I am about GS this year, I would really like to see GS make a real run. I mean they got the big players who can make their own offense without help. I mean you damn there got everything that OKC and Miami have, you just need some more wins and confidence.

If I were GS, I would bring in the best you can get. You add one more great player, and you might be able to start talking 3rd round.

:faint:

jayjay33
01-05-2013, 06:07 AM

Well Conley is above average, so that would meansGay sucks. Yeah in pretty sure everyone will disagree with you.

Monta is beast
01-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Agree that Gay would put them up there, not positive about Top 5 but an argument could be made.

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Spurs
5. Knicks, Warriors, Grizzlies all reasonable options.

I feel Harrison Barnes' ceiling is way overrated. I personally believe he will end up having a career comparable to that of Marvin Williams. Literally the only reason he is receiving so much hype is because he is on a winning team right now but he plays for only a little over half the game and when he is in has has put up an 11 PER, which, even for a rookie, is putrid. He doesn't know how to create his own shot and when given the opportunity near the basket he struggles finishing. He will be a solid role player for his career but never will he be a Rudy Gay type player.

Believe me I watch Barnes every single game, he's the real deal.

MattyG
01-05-2013, 06:24 AM
-

kobe4thewinbang
01-05-2013, 07:26 AM
How about Denver?

mightybosstone
01-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Yep, disagree.

Gay is #3, Conley is a distant 4th.

Well Conley is above average, so that would meansGay sucks. Yeah in pretty sure everyone will disagree with you.

Okay, I'll bite.

For starters, Randolph and Gasol are so much better than Gay, it doesn't even warrant an argument. They're just superior basketball players, so let's not even dive into that discussion.

As far as Conley goes, he is one of 15 players in the league averaging 13 and 6 and one of only three players averaging 13, 6 and 2 steals. His 17.15 PER is well above average and ranks among the top 15 among starters at his position, while his .160 WS/48 is especially good and not too far behind Randolph's .177. And his .542 TS% isn't anything to write home about, but it's at least around the league average and pretty solid for a starting PG. He also leads the Grizzlies in plus-minus this season.

You COULD argue Gay's scoring, as he's one of only 18 players in the NBA averaging 18 points per game. But did you know that his .409 FG% is by far the worst of those 18 players? And his awful 3-point percentage and lack of production on the free throw line don't make him any more efficient. His .487 TS% this season is beyond atrocious. To put it in perspective, I've ripped Tyreke Evans as maybe the most overrated player in the whole league over the last few seasons because of his inefficiency, but his career TS% is .511 and his career worst was .482. Gay's 15.3 PER and .106 WS/48 are basically average numbers, and while his PER is above average for his position, PG is maybe the strongest position in the NBA while SF is one of the two weakest.

And did I mention that Gay makes more than TWICE as much money as Conley does? So not only is Conley a better basketball player who makes Memphis better than Gay does when he's on the floor, but he does it for only $7.3 million compared to $16.5 million for Gay. So, yeah, if I'm Memphis, I would try to deal Gay in a heartbeat. It's no coincidence that the team's best ever season had Gay on the sideline in the playoffs. And if they could bring in some talent or even just save cap room for the offseason, I would do it and not think twice about it.

BKLYNpigeon
01-05-2013, 12:09 PM
The Warriors are 22-10 without Bogut.

if it aint Broke dont fix it.

GSRaider
01-05-2013, 12:33 PM
barnes is not going to be involved in a deal for gay...

if the grizz want some nice, soon to be expiring contracts? theyll take andris and jefferson for gay... if not, i dont see any deals between these two teams getting done...

mzgrizz
01-05-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't see any deals with GS no matter how you figure it

Sly Guy
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
depends, if the warriors are feeling they contend for the title this year they might pull the trigger on the deal if they don't believe barnes can't hold it down in the playoffs being a rook, or if their cap situation (not sure if this is or isn't the case) means they can't hold all their pieces for long enough to build a perennial contender.

Otherwise, let the team should grow together and see how good they can be.

Monta is beast
01-05-2013, 07:00 PM
I really don't see the Warriors making any moves, anytime soon. The salary situation with the Warriors would make it difficult to make a trade for someone with a large and long contract. Depending on how Bogut comes back and plays, he's going to be due for an extension in the 2014 off-season. So assuming he comes back healthy and puts up double-double numbers, he should get a contract around $13,000,000. We also have Curry who just got that contract extension, and his annual salary is going to be around $11,000,000. Then you have Lee who's annual salary moving forward is going to be around $14,000,000 moving forward.

Andrew Bogut: $13,000,000
Stephen Curry: $11,000,000
David Lee: $14,000,000

So those three players would total somewhere around $38,000,000. Then you would have to give Thompson and Barnes extensions in the near future. So let's just say they get an annual salary of $10,000,000 when their due for their extensions. That would mean we would have invested $58,000,000 into 5 players. So I really don't see us going after an large contracts anytime soon. I actually think were going to look to move one of either Thompson or Barnes, if not both, when their due their extension. Similar to what the Thunder did with Harden. But this all changes if Bogut doesn't come back healthy.