PDA

View Full Version : What Lakers fans love telling Clippers fans

kylem4711
01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
LOS ANGELES -- One of the more fascinating aspects of covering both the Lakers and the Clippers is hearing and seeing the same quips from Lakers fans whenever I write about the Clippers. They come at me in waves on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, without fail, whenever I post anything about the Clippers.

So before the Lakers and Clippers play Friday, I thought I’d tackle the things Lakers fans love pointing out to Clippers fans the most.

Where are the Clippers’ banners?

Whenever the Clippers have a big win, Lakers fans will always respond with some variation of: “That’s cute. How many championships have you won? How many banners do you have? Call us when you get 16.” I heard it enough while covering the Clippers’ 17-game winning streak to realize that’s the go-to line for Lakers fans if their team is struggling or they feel Clippers fans are getting too full of themselves.

But what about this season and this year’s teams? I have yet to meet a Clippers fan who thinks the Clippers are a more storied franchise than the Lakers. If Clippers fans cared about history, I’m sure they would have hopped on the Lakers’ bandwagon long ago, embraced the Minneapolis Lakers’ titles as their own and bought a Jerry West throwback jersey.

The problem with the banners argument is that it has nothing to do with the here and now. It would be like a Boston fan clinging to 16 banners while the Celtics languished in mediocrity for nearly 20 years before winning another title. The Lakers last won a title in 2010, and only three players are left from that team. In fact, right now more Clippers players (four) own rings than Lakers players (three).

Clippers fans are bandwagon fans.

This one probably makes the least sense to me. You have two teams in Los Angeles. One team has won 16 championships and has missed the playoffs only twice since 1976. The other team has never won anything and has missed the playoffs in all but five seasons since 1976.

How in the world is cheering for the latter team considered hopping on the bandwagon? If anything you’re taking the road less traveled in a city that bleeds purple and gold. I don’t even think a bandwagon can exist until a team wins something.

I know where Lakers fans are coming from. Yes, there are far more Clippers fans now than there were three seasons ago, before Blake Griffin and Chris Paul came to Los Angeles and created “Lob City,” but how many Lakers fans do you really think switched allegiances? My guess is there are more Clippers fans at games and wearing blue and red these days because they actually have something to be proud of. Many Lakers fans were essentially born on the bandwagon -- their team has contended for a championship every year they’ve been alive. It’s not hard to root for a winner. I’m not going to fault Clippers fans for wanting to be a part of something new and different.

The Clippers play in the Lakers’ arena.

Well, technically the Lakers and Clippers play in the Los Angeles Kings’ arena. The Staples Center was built by Kings owners Philip Anschutz and Ed Roski in 1999 and attracted the Lakers and Clippers as tenants, as well. Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Clippers owner Donald Sterling had nothing to do with the building of Staples Center and don’t own it. Considering all the Lakers banners in the building and statues outside the building, however, I can understand the confusion.

This is just a fluke; the Clippers will go back to their old ways.

It’s understandable for Lakers fans to think that. The Clippers made back-to-back playoff runs 20 seasons ago before fading away and made an unexpected second-round run in the playoffs six seasons ago before fading away again. These Clippers, however, are different. They have franchise cornerstones in place and are expected to contend for at least the next five seasons, maybe longer.

The Clippers had nice pieces in place before but they never had two of the top 10 players in the league like Paul and Griffin, both of whom are expected to be with the team for the foreseeable future. Add players like DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe to the mix and the Clippers are built for long-term success, which has never been the case before.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/3452/what-lakers-fans-love-telling-clippers-fans

mnatiq
01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
lol, sad but its true.

lakers4sho
01-04-2013, 07:12 PM
There are hardcore clipper fans. I respect them because they stick with their team even when they were ****, and that was for a long time.

Who I despise are the bandwagoners mostly starting with the 06 fans, and then greatly expanded with tye comng of griffin and paul. My litmus test for these guys is if they have heard of eric piatkowski. He was such a baller in nba live.

Showtime Steve
01-04-2013, 07:18 PM
It's things that go with the territory. If it was flipped, Clippersfans would be saying where are the banners.when we say it's our house it's not literal, just like its not OUR team. If you walk in someone's house and there are statues on the front yard of them, and banners hanging in there, that makes it their house. No clipper statues, no banners. I don't mind your success, it draws the line for who is really a fan of what team. I got ppl I didn't even know watched basketball screaming clippers. Clippers are how lebron WAS, everything you do now doesn't matter too you get a ring. Not hatIng, it just comes with the territory. I'm glad clippers fans support them now, but the final goal is the banner, you guys can't get complacent with during the season play. No problem with y'all but sometimes it's a lil too much chest beating.

Mr_Amaziing
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
LoL, This is our arena..haha

Why don't the Clippers move and get their own Arena instead of being in The Lakers shadow??

Cracka2HI!
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Great article! All of those things are so true...and hilarious too! A Laker fan calling a Clippers fan a bandwagoner is just stupid even if it is a bandwagoning Clippers fan. You're on a bandwagon too! The Clippers are going to pick up SOOO many fake bandwagoning fans the next few year and it does kinda suck for Clippers OG's like kyle, Chronz and myself. There isn't much way to prove yourself.

WAYNEBO
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Hate the owner (damn you Sterling for not bringing the team to OC!!)

Raised in upstate NY, so I pull for the Buffalo Braves!!!! Happy they are taking this city away from the LakeShow this year.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't get the point of this article? Sounds like someone is jealous of Lakers success :D

kylem4711
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM
There are hardcore clipper fans. I respect them because they stick with their team even when they were ****, and that was for a long time.

Who I despise are the bandwagoners mostly starting with the 06 fans, and then greatly expanded with tye comng of griffin and paul. My litmus test for these guys is if they have heard of eric piatkowski. He was such a baller in nba live.

i have a piatkowski jersey. :)

kylem4711
01-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't get the point of this article? Sounds like someone is jealous of Lakers success :D

textbook lakerfan post

DodgerDogg
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Great article! All of those things are so true...and hilarious too! A Laker fan calling a Clippers fan a bandwagoner is just stupid even if it is a bandwagoning Clippers fan. You're on a bandwagon too! The Clippers are going to pick up SOOO many fake bandwagoning fans the next few year and it does kinda suck for Clippers OG's like kyle, Chronz and myself. There isn't much way to prove yourself. Like the Piatkowski comment above...any bandwagon fan that wants to look OG can easily look at Wiki :facepalm:

How OG is OG? I've been following them religiously since 2006. I was first drawn to them by Danny Manning when I was a kid but then stopped watching. I was telling everyone at my job about two years ago that I like the Clips and they would respond... WHAT! The Clippers? Now they respond with; Oh you're on the banwagon now too. huh.... I just laugh it off. But I was telling them that the Clippers banwagon is now boarding at Staples Center.:D

Cracka2HI!
01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
How OG is OG? I've been following them religiously since 2006. I was first drawn to them by Danny Manning when I was a kid but then stopped watching. I was telling everyone at my job about two years ago that I like the Clips and they would respond... WHAT! The Clippers? Now they respond with; Oh you're on the banwagon now too. huh.... I just laugh it off. But I was telling them that the Clippers banwagon is now boarding at Staples Center.:DIf you remember the dude's name at the Sports Arena who checked tickets at the escalator to go down to the good seats you are OG!! Honestly if you became a fan because of the 06 team and stayed on board through the horrific Livingston injury, Brand's back stabbing and 19 wins than you are a part of Clipper Nation in my book!! Between the 06 team and now is 10 lifetimes worth of turmoil for Laker fans.

evadatam5150
01-04-2013, 11:05 PM
lol, sad but its true.

Hmmmmm.. I'm a Laker fan and truly don't recall ever having said any of these things.. It's exciting to see the Clippers doing so well and hey, at least one team in LA is worth watching..

nickdymez
01-04-2013, 11:12 PM
This type of **** goes on everytime the Clippers have a winning record. :facepalm:

RyanStorm
01-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Isn't this our home game?

tapajafri
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
it's funny to see how bitter and butthurt laker fans are being since the clippers took over LA this season. U wanna know how laker fans are mad? They say "look at the banners" or all of that garbage that the OP posted.

Laker fans think they're actually making points when they say it's their arena, their town, their banners, etc..... but to everyone that's not a laker fan, all we see are bitter laker fans who have let the clippers get under their skin.

And since when do laker fans get to call clipper fans bandwagoners? Lakers have the most bandwagon fans in the league. 85% of their fan base have no relations to southern CA, and half of their fans will be gone once Bryant retires....not to mention it's kind of sickening to think there are so many bryant fans after he has cheated on his wife/family multiple times and may have raped someone.... shows how messed up society is, but that's another conversation.

RyanStorm
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
As a Utah fan, I understand the Kobe sensation. I mean when he comes to town there are always kobe jerseys everywhere.

For the clipper thing, all my life we always referred to things like "New Orleans" are the clippers of the NBA/NFL. or anything like that.

I think clipper fans have no room to speak. LAL has countless NBA Rings, consistent playoffs(even before Kobe), and have a real legacy that will continue as long as I live.

All Clippers have is a great team and some wins. I mean Utah has more than LAC, we have ten times more playoffs and have been to a championship twice. We have guys in the top 10 all time records, and have had actual MVP players!

However, if Chris and Griffen stay, they can become the new OKC/SAS. I mean Westbrook/Durant and Parker/Duncan didn't become who they are over night. And SAS certaintly didn't expect worthy talk their first couple years together(SAS didn't ask for nothing, but when they got a Ring, then they had room for us to kneel.)

You clipper fans just seem to want to have something so bad, that everyone just thinks your thristy for any acknowledgement, whether it be you have a better ppg% in december than LAL, or you have a potential MVP canidate.

RyanStorm
01-05-2013, 12:38 AM
I was just speaking from what I have chats about with people and what they generally say on average.

Personally, I want you to beat Lakers, and push them out of town. Every loss for the lakers, is giving Utah a better chance making the playoffs(and keeping lakers out). Clippers are already an obvious playoff team so no point in trying to see you get knocked out

I have no beef with Clippers, but I personally hate lakers for beating Utah one to many times in the playoffs. LAL and SAS are the most annoying playoff teams, and seeing Lakers suck it up all season, actually feels really good, so I guess it must feel amazing as a clipper fan!

Cracka2HI!
01-05-2013, 04:09 PM
LOL! That was quite the tangent. True Clippers fans obviously don't care about the legacy of the team. That means we don't care about the legacy of other teams too. There aren't enough Clippers fans on this board to make the kind of statements you are making. Maybe you know a lot of Clippers fans? As a Clippers fan I don't. If you are saying all Clippers fans are like CF86 than :facepalm: to you. You are correct that it feels awesome to have waited for something for so long and to now have it.

Matter.
01-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Question: Whose town is it? Paul or Bryant?

nickdymez
01-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Question: Whose town is it? Paul or Bryant?

The guy who has 5 rings on his hand. This would be Derrick Fishers town before Paul....

SACNYY
01-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Well it's the truth.

Matter.
01-05-2013, 04:57 PM
The guy who has 5 rings on his hand. This would be Derrick Fishers town before Paul....

Why is this thread made?

Greedy22
01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Well, he ruined the entire article when he claimed Blake Griffin is a top 10 player.

ThunderousDemon
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/36/74353965_27986ec68d_z.jpg

BKLYNpigeon
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
The only way the Clippers can shut up Lakers fans is to win an NBA championship.

heyman321
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Doesn't matter, both teams gonna get beat down by OKC/Miami -- those are the two Finals teams.

DEEP3CL
01-05-2013, 05:48 PM
This stupid crap is like on every basketball forum you can think of. So what the Clippers have done well so far, but until they hang up some banners it's just a cute story for now.

bluefire7002
01-05-2013, 06:38 PM
This stupid crap is like on every basketball forum you can think of. So what the Clippers have done well so far, but until they hang up some banners it's just a cute story for now.

:clap:

I honestly didn't even care about this so called "who runs LA" rivalry until last night. I was watching the game with some buddies at some bar and these older dudes who were obviously going for the clippers started yelling **** when the Lakers made a run in the 4th.
Funny thing is when one of those dudes started saying out loud to me "Call me when the Lakers have a playoff spot!"... I found myself going to the default and shot back with:
"Yea... Call me when Clippers win a championship... oh wait call me when the clippers at least make it to the finals! Must be sad even the LA Sparks have more banners at staples than your team you just bandwagoned on this year!"

hahah good times :)

Cracka2HI!
01-06-2013, 12:42 AM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/36/74353965_27986ec68d_z.jpg:laugh2: Keep pointing and get used to it. How many you guys gonna raise the next half decade!?!? ZERO!!

The only way the Clippers can shut up Lakers fans is to win an NBA championship.No, there is no way to shut them up. They will just jump ship and say the Clippers have been their second favorite team all along. They aren't really fans of teams. They are fans of winning and bragging about how good their teams is. There are some true Laker fans, but 90% of them know absolutely nothing.

Odominator
01-06-2013, 12:51 AM

Thats too easy man. What about pre-lawlers law when Lawler called the 100-point law "Murphy's Law?" What about Bill Walton color commentating with Lawler. What about KEITH FREAKING CLOSS@!!!

Cracka2HI!
01-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Thats too easy man. What about pre-lawlers law when Lawler called the 100-point law "Murphy's Law?" What about Bill Walton color commentating with Lawler. What about KEITH FREAKING CLOSS@!!!

Walton and Lawler were a blast to watch/listen too! Walton was the greatest. A homer of a horrible team. We would always compare Stanley Roberts to Wilt and Olowakandi to Hakeem :p Closs was the WORST! Actually ran into that dude at an AA meeting. True story.

Odominator
01-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Walton and Lawler were a blast to watch/listen too! Walton was the greatest. A homer of a horrible team. We would always compare Stanley Roberts to Wilt and Olowakandi to Hakeem :p Closs was the WORST! Actually ran into that dude at an AA meeting. True story.

I always remembered those horrible braces Closs had in his mouth. He looked like a 7ft teenager with freckles. Remember when the clips traded Brent Barry for Issac Austin.....most devastating day in my life...White MAN CAN JUMP for Dumbo...

Anyways, I've always been an LA fan, Lakers and Clippers. I grew up rooting for any team that represent the city. I've watched Clippers and Lakers basketball religiously and very knowledgeable of both teams. I wish more fans would unite and just be glad that LA has two franchises while Seattle has none.

grandsalami
01-06-2013, 01:26 AM
LoL, This is our arena..haha

Why don't the Clippers move and get their own Arena instead of being in The Lakers shadow??

I am 90% positive that the clippers are the official home team of staples

THINKBLUE15
01-06-2013, 01:33 AM
It's because people mistake "Who's better" with "Who owns LA". The Lakers can go 0-82 and still own LA. The Clippers have been a joke for years and years. The second they have a great roster and team, it's "The Clippers own LA!". No they don't. They just have a better team at the moment...in their 30 year history in LA, shouldn't they have a better team once in a while? Because until now, they pretty much never have had a better team, save a season or two.

Bottom line is, people are juxtaposing the Clippers to the Lakers because they both play in LA. Fact of the matter is, the Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise of all time, and the second they struggle, it's a field day.

I don't like "Clippers own LA!", because it isn't true. Turn on the radio--they talk about what's wrong with the Lakers, not what is right with the Clippers. They are the little brother finally excelling. They have no legacy like the Lakers do.

"We have banners" may be annoying, but it is relevant NOW. If the Lakers struggle for 6 years, then the banner talk is tired. But the Clippers haven't won anything. I can admit they have a better team right now but odds are you will be better than a team a couple times over 30 years, right? It's a Laker town. If Chris Paul is better, it doesn't make it a Chris Paul town---it's a Kobe town. If the Clippers are better, it's not a Clipper town--it's a Laker town with the Clippers finally not sucking. Good for them. Ralph Lawler deserves it.

Odominator
01-06-2013, 01:36 AM
It's because people mistake "Who's better" with "Who owns LA". The Lakers can go 0-82 and still own LA. The Clippers have been a joke for years and years. The second they have a great roster and team, it's "The Clippers own LA!". No they don't. They just have a better team at the moment...in their 30 year history in LA, shouldn't they have a better team once in a while? Because until now, they pretty much never have had a better team, save a season or two.

Bottom line is, people are juxtaposing the Clippers to the Lakers because they both play in LA. Fact of the matter is, the Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise of all time, and the second they struggle, it's a field day.

I don't like "Clippers own LA!", because it isn't true. Turn on the radio--they talk about what's wrong with the Lakers, not what is right with the Clippers. They are the little brother finally excelling. They have no legacy like the Lakers do.

"We have banners" may be annoying, but it is relevant NOW. If the Lakers struggle for 6 years, then the banner talk is tired. But the Clippers haven't won anything. I can admit they have a better team right now but odds are you will be better than a team a couple times over 30 years, right? It's a Laker town. If Chris Paul is better, it doesn't make it a Chris Paul town---it's a Kobe town. If the Clippers are better, it's not a Clipper town--it's a Laker town with the Clippers finally not sucking. Good for them. Ralph Lawler deserves it.

Excellent point.

LakersSaintsLSU
01-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Great article! All of those things are so true...and hilarious too! A Laker fan calling a Clippers fan a bandwagoner is just stupid even if it is a bandwagoning Clippers fan. You're on a bandwagon too! The Clippers are going to pick up SOOO many fake bandwagoning fans the next few year and it does kinda suck for Clippers OG's like kyle, Chronz and myself. There isn't much way to prove yourself.

U Mad Bro?

Cracka2HI!
01-06-2013, 01:46 AM

I was sort of with you until the Banner talk. It's really doesn't matter to Clippers fans. We don't care about the Lakers legacy in anyway. It didn't me jealous when we sucked, it certainly I laugh at when thrown in my face now. You really lost me when you said we will only be better then 2 times in the next 30 years. That is false. We will be better for the next 5 years and probably more. Your bubble has bursted. Non talking ****, just talking facts. I do agree that it's a Laker town and probably always will be. The landscape in 5 years will be interesting to say the least.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 01:49 AM
I'm going to bed. Wake me up when the Clippers win a championship and quit being insolent.

Cracka2HI!
01-06-2013, 01:52 AM
U Mad Bro?Hell naw! You saw the game last night! You see us smash GS tonight!? What do I got to me mad about?

I'm going to bed. Wake me up when the Clippers win a championship and quit being insolent.He mad tho!!

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2013, 01:53 AM
I've also heard lakers fans say that the clippers have the lakers hand-me-downs lol (Barnes, Turiaf, Butler, Odom)

SirSkyHook
01-06-2013, 02:05 AM
And they player jock, and there logo looks like ours etc........

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 02:15 AM
U Mad Bro?

pretty happy after yesterday and today's wins.

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Cracka, you guys are a 2nd round exit waiting to happen. Relax there, buddy.

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Cracka, you guys are a 2nd round exit waiting to happen. Relax there, buddy.

better than being a lottery team waiting to happen. sup lakers.

LakersIn5
01-06-2013, 02:29 AM
"CP3 should have been a laker"

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-06-2013, 02:31 AM

That's cute. You'll see us in the playoffs, you can sig quote me on that.

LakersIn5
01-06-2013, 02:34 AM

lol laker hater that actually thinks that the lakers will be a lottery tea m.

c.c.
01-06-2013, 02:47 AM
Clippers need they own city but bout time they move (if they move), they probably would be back to losing again

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Clippers should move to Seattle. They deserve a team. 2 basketball teams in 1 city is ridiculous, especially when there are 2 other teams in the same ****ing state.

grandsalami
01-06-2013, 02:53 AM
Clippers should move to Seattle. They deserve a team. 2 basketball teams in 1 city is ridiculous, especially when there are 2 other teams in the same ****ing state.

clippers are technically the "home team" lakers are visitors

ThunderousDemon
01-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Clippers need they own city but bout time they move (if they move), they probably would be back to losing again

They could move to the part of the map with the question mark.

http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/NBA-Map.png

c.c.
01-06-2013, 03:13 AM
They could move to the part of the map with the question mark.

http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/NBA-Map.png

I doubt if the Bobcats fan popularity stretch that far (no offense Cats fans)

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 03:19 AM
That's cute. You'll see us in the playoffs, you can sig quote me on that.

us? didnt know you are a part of the team.

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-06-2013, 03:30 AM

Seriously, everyone uses "us" or "we" when referring to their team. Stop trying to be politically correct, you sound like a moron.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Most people pick Lakers just because they are better... Does that mean all Lakers fans are band wagoners?

Same situation with the Yankees. Most people pick the Yankees because they are better than the Nets.

Same with Jets-Giants and Dodgers-Angels, etc.

People naturally go for the team that's better. I guarantee if you're born in a city with 2 teams, you'll probably cheer for the team that has the better history.

c.c.
01-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Most people pick Lakers just because they are better... Does that mean all Lakers fans are band wagoners?

Same situation with the Yankees. Most people pick the Yankees because they are better than the Nets.

Same with Jets-Giants and Dodgers-Angels, etc.

People naturally go for the team that's better. I guarantee if you're born in a city with 2 teams, you'll probably cheer for the team that has the better history.

No way I would but most people would. I can't see myself rooting against the Rockets

jaydubb
01-06-2013, 03:49 AM

Dude.. Come on man, you're making clipper fans look bad.. I have high respect for most clipper fans.. It's easy to live in SoCal and be a laker fan and hard to live here and be a clippers fan because they don't normally see a lot of success therefore I have high respect for them.. But come on man, you don't have to go outta your way to bash laker fans.. Yes the clippers are better then the lakers right now.. I admit.. Is that what you want to hear from us?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2013, 03:51 AM
No way I would but most people would. I can't see myself rooting against the Rockets

I was just showing those "true" fans aren't much better than those band wagoners considering they joined the fanbase and supported the team because they are good.

jaydubb
01-06-2013, 03:58 AM
I was just showing those "true" fans aren't much better than those band wagoners considering they joined the fanbase and supported the team because they are good.

I think a lot of times people become fans of teams because of the influence they receive from their friends or family members.. Like me, my dad has been a laker fan since the minneapolis days.. It's in my blood to like the lakers and yes it is ultimately up to the person but i think the people around you has a huge influence as well. Especially when you live in an area that has an extremely high percentage of one fan base. When there is 2, however, like you have said usually a person would choose the team that is better.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2013, 04:00 AM
I think a lot of times people become fans of teams because of the influence they receive from their friends or family members.. Like me, my dad has been a laker fan since the minneapolis days.. It's in my blood to like the lakers and yes it is ultimately up to the person but i think the people around you has a huge influence as well. Especially when you live in an area that has an extremely high percentage of one fan base. When there is 2, however, like you have said usually a person would choose the team that is better.

I suppose influence from friends and family plays a factor. But that line had to start somewhere. Back in the day, someone was deciding whether they should be a Lakers/Clippers fan and they picked Lakers because they are better. Then they influence the others.

jaydubb
01-06-2013, 04:09 AM
I suppose influence from friends and family plays a factor. But that line had to start somewhere. Back in the day, someone was deciding whether they should be a Lakers/Clippers fan and they picked Lakers because they are better. Then they influence the others.

:nod:

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 05:14 AM

Dude.. Come on man, you're making clipper fans look bad.. I have high respect for most clipper fans.. It's easy to live in SoCal and be a laker fan and hard to live here and be a clippers fan because they don't normally see a lot of success therefore I have high respect for them.. But come on man, you don't have to go outta your way to bash laker fans.. Yes the clippers are better then the lakers right now.. I admit.. Is that what you want to hear from us?

dont care what u think

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Seriously, everyone uses "us" or "we" when referring to their team. Stop trying to be politically correct, you sound like a moron.

i just figured i would waste much time with someone who responds with the internet tough guy comeback of "thats cute"

jaydubb
01-06-2013, 05:31 AM
dont care what u think

Why did you go out of your way to make a thread if you don't care about what others think? So... I guess you don't care about what others think but you care about them knowing what you think? :confused:

JayW_1023
01-06-2013, 06:02 AM
It's certainly easier to root for the Clippers than that sham of a Lakers team.

c.c.
01-06-2013, 06:16 AM
It's certainly easier to root for the Clippers than that sham of a Lakers team.

With all the cross overs, monster dunks, alley-hoops, and winning

choloface
01-06-2013, 06:29 AM
This is a Laker town, and that will never change, but the clippers are playing better basketball this year. Let's wait until after the finals to talk about this, because if neither team wins the championship, then they are both losers.

bbcmillionaire
01-06-2013, 06:36 AM
lmao eric piatkowski was better on the bulls

Pakman
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh clippers fans. U remind me of myself whenn I act like an Idiot and try to claim it's an angels town over dodgers. Know your role. I learned mine.

ThaDubs
01-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Oh clippers fans. U remind me of myself whenn I act like an Idiot and try to claim it's an angels town over dodgers. Know your role. I learned mine.

15-17 :laugh:

Cracka2HI!
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Cracka, you guys are a 2nd round exit waiting to happen. Relax there, buddy.Maybe. I've said all along the Clipps could even lose in the 1st round this year. I doubt they will, but yea we could play OKC or SA again in round 2 so I know we could lose. I've also said all along the Clippers will win the Pacific and go further than the Lakers in the playoffs.

Oh clippers fans. U remind me of myself whenn I act like an Idiot and try to claim it's an angels town over dodgers. Know your role. I learned mine.Actually Laker fans are saying Clippers fans are saying that. We aren't saying that.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Hell naw! You saw the game last night! You see us smash GS tonight!? What do I got to me mad about?

He mad tho!!Ha-ha! Look, I'm just saying they ain't got jack to show for their success. The same "who's better now, big bro?" crap was happening last year. How good did the Clippers do? So, until they win a championship, they can keep blowing raspberries at their big brother who has plenty of bullion.

kylem4711
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Ha-ha! Look, I'm just saying they ain't got jack to show for their success. The same "who's better now, big bro?" crap was happening last year. How good did the Clippers do? So, until they win a championship, they can keep blowing raspberries at their big brother who has plenty of bullion.

ha. thats the thing though. laker fans are the ones that come to the clippers and say " youre the little bro" "you dont have banners" etc.

clipper fans dont go to laker fans and say "haha our team is better than yours"

clipper fans only respond with that when idiot laker fans talk.

benzni
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
LA is a lakers town over any sports teams there.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Laker fans are insecure you know that when they call themselves the greatest NBA franchise of all time. I'm curious as to what makes them the greatest. If it's the banners the Lakers don't have the most and since a lot of Laker fans love using rings and banners as ammo in their arguments that's one you lost. Lakers suck right now accept it and move on.

jsthornton7
01-07-2013, 03:38 AM

Whenever the Clippers have a big win, Lakers fans will always respond with some variation of: “That’s cute. How many championships have you won? How many banners do you have? Call us when you get 16.” I heard it enough while covering the Clippers’ 17-game winning streak to realize that’s the go-to line for Lakers fans if their team is struggling or they feel Clippers fans are getting too full of themselves.

But what about this season and this year’s teams? I have yet to meet a Clippers fan who thinks the Clippers are a more storied franchise than the Lakers. If Clippers fans cared about history, I’m sure they would have hopped on the Lakers’ bandwagon long ago, embraced the Minneapolis Lakers’ titles as their own and bought a Jerry West throwback jersey.

The problem with the banners argument is that it has nothing to do with the here and now. It would be like a Boston fan clinging to 16 banners while the Celtics languished in mediocrity for nearly 20 years before winning another title. The Lakers last won a title in 2010, and only three players are left from that team. In fact, right now more Clippers players (four) own rings than Lakers players (three).

First off the 17 game win streak is the best thing that the Clippers have ever done since moving to Los Angeles from San Diego.

So what about this season? It's January. Start bragging in the Playoffs. The Clippers have a great team and Chris Paul is amazing, but we have a long season ahead of us and CP3 and Blake Griffin have both succumbed to long term injuries in the past. I'm glad that the Clippers are doing well, but it seems like you are writing them in as Champions already.

Winning is new for the Clippers. It's not like they have been even a mediocre franchise in the past so that's why you feel the need to take away it's importance.

In terms of players with rings, Caron Butler didn't even play in the playoffs for the Mavs that year and Turiaf and Odom won their rings with the Lakers.

This one probably makes the least sense to me. You have two teams in Los Angeles. One team has won 16 championships and has missed the playoffs only twice since 1976. The other team has never won anything and has missed the playoffs in all but five seasons since 1976.

How in the world is cheering for the latter team considered hopping on the bandwagon? If anything you’re taking the road less traveled in a city that bleeds purple and gold. I don’t even think a bandwagon can exist until a team wins something.

I know where Lakers fans are coming from. Yes, there are far more Clippers fans now than there were three seasons ago, before Blake Griffin and Chris Paul came to Los Angeles and created “Lob City,” but how many Lakers fans do you really think switched allegiances? My guess is there are more Clippers fans at games and wearing blue and red these days because they actually have something to be proud of. Many Lakers fans were essentially born on the bandwagon -- their team has contended for a championship every year they’ve been alive. It’s not hard to root for a winner. I’m not going to fault Clippers fans for wanting to be a part of something new and different.

It's considered hopping on the bandwagon because they were not fans when they were bad. I have no problem with Billy Crystal and other long standing fans, but most of these "Clipper" fans don't even know where the Clippers even originated.

Bandwagon is an interesting term because that means you must be off at one point. How do you hop off of a bandwagon that has played in about 50% of the NBA Finals? I don't fault anyone for rooting for the Clippers. Personally, I just don't like their owner. Donald Sterling is not a man that I can support in any way.

Well, technically the Lakers and Clippers play in the Los Angeles Kings’ arena. The Staples Center was built by Kings owners Philip Anschutz and Ed Roski in 1999 and attracted the Lakers and Clippers as tenants, as well. Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Clippers owner Donald Sterling had nothing to do with the building of Staples Center and don’t own it. Considering all the Lakers banners in the building and statues outside the building, however, I can understand the confusion.

Staples Center would have never been built in the first place if the LAKERS didn't agree to play in it.

It’s understandable for Lakers fans to think that. The Clippers made back-to-back playoff runs 20 seasons ago before fading away and made an unexpected second-round run in the playoffs six seasons ago before fading away again. These Clippers, however, are different. They have franchise cornerstones in place and are expected to contend for at least the next five seasons, maybe longer.

The Clippers had nice pieces in place before but they never had two of the top 10 players in the league like Paul and Griffin, both of whom are expected to be with the team for the foreseeable future. Add players like DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe to the mix and the Clippers are built for long-term success, which has never been the case before.

This is where it gets interesting. The GM who built this team leaves the first chance he gets to go to Portland.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are great. Past that I don't see any guarantees. DeAndre Jordan is a solid player, but I dont see him improving much more than he has already. Billups G. Hill are ancient and injured all the time. Odom is 33, Jamal Crawford turns 33 in March, Matt Barnes turns 33 in March, and guess what? Caron Butler turns 33 in March. Eric Bledsoe is awesome, but he is way to good not to become a starter somewhere else.

So after that breakdown we have Griffin, Paul, and Jordan. that's it when talking about the long term future.

I hope the new GM can continue what Olshey did.

ThaDubs
01-07-2013, 04:30 AM
So what about this season? It's January. Start bragging in the Playoffs.

It's funny how you say this when the Lakers even making the playoffs is still in question.

It's considered hopping on the bandwagon because they were not fans when they were bad. I have no problem with Billy Crystal and other long standing fans, but most of these "Clipper" fans don't even know where the Clippers even originated.

Please tell me what piece of knowledge you have magically acquired that lets you know how many of the Clippers fans are bandwagoners and how many aren't, even when you don't know a fraction of them.

Hardaway Here
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Bandwagon is an interesting term because that means you must be off at one point. How do you hop off of a bandwagon that has played in about 50% of the NBA Finals? I don't fault anyone for rooting for the Clippers. Personally, I just don't like their owner. Donald Sterling is not a man that I can support in any way.

Please tell me what piece of knowledge you have magically acquired that lets you know how many of the Clippers fans are bandwagoners and how many aren't, even when you don't know a fraction of them.

A lot of people love to go to the bandwagon fan reply. It's sad really people assume once a person starts to talk about their team in any light that they are "bandwagon fans." Once you start to like anything whether its a team, player, song, group or food etc... You are automatically on the bandwagon you didn't come out the womb a Laker fan or a fan of anything. The amount of people who call themselves true fans are ******** because every fan is a bandwagoner

Cracka2HI!
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM

First off the 17 game win streak is the best thing that the Clippers have ever done since moving to Los Angeles from San Diego.

So what about this season? It's January. Start bragging in the Playoffs. The Clippers have a great team and Chris Paul is amazing, but we have a long season ahead of us and CP3 and Blake Griffin have both succumbed to long term injuries in the past. I'm glad that the Clippers are doing well, but it seems like you are writing them in as Champions already.

Winning is new for the Clippers. It's not like they have been even a mediocre franchise in the past so that's why you feel the need to take away it's importance.

In terms of players with rings, Caron Butler didn't even play in the playoffs for the Mavs that year and Turiaf and Odom won their rings with the Lakers.

Staples Center would have never been built in the first place if the LAKERS didn't agree to play in it.

This is where it gets interesting. The GM who built this team leaves the first chance he gets to go to Portland.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are great. Past that I don't see any guarantees. DeAndre Jordan is a solid player, but I dont see him improving much more than he has already. Billups G. Hill are ancient and injured all the time. Odom is 33, Jamal Crawford turns 33 in March, Matt Barnes turns 33 in March, and guess what? Caron Butler turns 33 in March. Eric Bledsoe is awesome, but he is way to good not to become a starter somewhere else.

So after that breakdown we have Griffin, Paul, and Jordan. that's it when talking about the long term future.

I hope the new GM can continue what Olshey did.

:laugh2: Another GREAT DAY for your franchise Front Runner!

jsthornton7
01-07-2013, 11:04 PM
:laugh2: Another GREAT DAY for your franchise Front Runner!

Do all you're **** talking now son.

Cracka2HI!
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I ain't even talking ****, just talking facts. What are you implying anyway?

kylem4711
01-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Do all you're **** talking now son.

howd you get so tough?

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 04:17 AM
howd you get so tough?

All Lakers fans can do that.