PDA

View Full Version : Rose stronger than ever

el hidalgo
01-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Never mind that Rose, in Tom Thibodeau's words, "has to go through regular practice for an extended amount of time before we even think about him playing." In other words, late February or early March remains the best guestimate for his return from left knee surgery.

According to several people who have witnessed his workouts or non-contact participation in practice, Rose remains prodigiously skilled, strong and fast. And he's not at 100 percent medically yet. Of course he will be once he is cleared to play.

"I can't wait to get back on the court to see what I'm going to do," Rose said then. "I don't know how I'm going to play. I don't know what's going to be new about my game. It's just going to be exciting for everybody to see."

Then Rose paused and flashed that quiet, steely, unassuming confidence

"I'm going to be a better player," he said. "My legs have never been this strong. My upper body has never been this strong. My core has never been this strong. I'm going to see where it takes me."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-03/sports/ct-spt-0104-bulls-chicago--20130104_1_derrick-rose-tom-thibodeau-ricky-rubio

Are we about to witness an Adrian Peterson like comeback from Rose?

Cubby
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes.

FriedTofuz
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
bulls wont beat the heat. even with a healthy rose, the bulls cant beat the heat

mdm692
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM
TDKR!!!!! Noah has got to be catwoman!!!

Cubby
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
bulls wont beat the heat. even with a healthy rose, the bulls cant beat the heat

Way to go off topic.

el hidalgo
01-04-2013, 05:52 PM

The Heat and their 18th ranked defense? yeah right.

P Styles
01-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Maybe the Heat will get upset by someone else then... Bulls can beat the rest of the East, (and the HEat too in my opinion).

Anything can happen

YoungOne
01-04-2013, 05:59 PM
they always say "stronger than ever"

cuttydoesit6
01-04-2013, 06:02 PM

lol because this thread has everything to do with the heat...smh

man i cant wait to see drose back in a bulls uni!!! :D

Uncbball234
01-04-2013, 06:05 PM
So glad to hear this D Rose is such a stud.

I bet the Bulls forum has the party bus ready to roll to Grant Park. Man they need to wake up.

el hidalgo
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
So glad to hear this D Rose is such a stud.

I bet the Bulls forum has the party bus ready to roll to Grant Park. Man they need to wake up.

you banned from bulls forum?

justinnum1
01-04-2013, 06:09 PM
:facepalm:
This is about rose not the heat. Even if you might be right.

Uncbball234

Lol yep, for having a different opinion or a troll. They don't like it if you don't like the direction the franchise is headed.

Mitch Kramer

anyone with an opinion is banned from there.

Mitch Kramer
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Hopefully DRose comes back stronger than ever, love watching him play.

That said he wont win anything unless the lame ducks in the FO in Chicago get him a legit 2nd scoring option.

pacofunk64
01-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I'll let you know when I see that first shot. If it goes thru the backboard then I'll say it will take a year.

TheMoneyTeam
01-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Rose is good for the league. He's class act unlike other players who's sole purpose is to compete fashion-wise with their teammates in press conferences.

Jarvo
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
:pray::clap: I miss seeing Rose play man!

BIG worm
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
cant wait to see him ball again! people done forgot!

More-Than-Most
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
this is always said and it might be true but you wont know until he plays.

torocan
01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Does this remind anyone of when Stoudemire says he's "Phenomenal"?

Seriously, I expect Rose to be as good as he was once he's back in form, but you don't just come in after a humungous 8 month lay off and knee surgery and play at 100%. You just don't.

I expect Rose will be rusty, he won't be in NBA condition, and it will take some time for him to find his form and shooting touch in games.

It's setting yourself up for disappointment if you think an athlete will walk in cold and dominate after this sort of injury and rehabilitation, especially when his game is so dependent on explosive quickness/deceleration and lateral movement.

Give Rose time to find his footing. If it's this season it won't be for some time, potentially months. And it might not even be until next season.

Showtime Steve
01-04-2013, 07:07 PM
He can be better than before. Post injury, he will rely more on iq than pure skill the way he did before. Pick and choose his times to explOde. Develop a better shot. And after an injury like that you work on other parts of the body to help support the weak link and it can make you stronger. He and "all day" should keep in touch a lot because d rose is ap if he played basketball, and ap is d rose if he played football.

shep33
01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Great news. Hope he comes back better than ever

faze38
01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Can't wait to see his return! MAy not be a Bulls fan but Rose is one of the most entertaining players in the league!

ATX
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Hope he can return with the same athleticism. I doubt Chicago rushes their star player back from such an injury. I would say early April is a safer estimate.

Mr_Amaziing
01-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Yess I can't wait!

I have a feeling he's gonna be the Adrian Peterson of the NBA. This kid has a BIG Heart

sammyvine
01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Yess I can't wait!

I have a feeling he's gonna be the Adrian Peterson of the NBA. This kid has a BIG Heart

it's hilarious seeing everybody saying they can't wait for rose to come back

i remember last janauary, everybody was calling d rose overrated, a chucker, not a pg, new steve francis, wost mvp ever etc...

suddenly people are saying they great things. how times change:facepalm:

Dnovakovic099
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Does this remind anyone of when Stoudemire says he's "Phenomenal"?

Seriously, I expect Rose to be as good as he was once he's back in form, but you don't just come in after a humungous 8 month lay off and knee surgery and play at 100%. You just don't.

I expect Rose will be rusty, he won't be in NBA condition, and it will take some time for him to find his form and shooting touch in games.

It's setting yourself up for disappointment if you think an athlete will walk in cold and dominate after this sort of injury and rehabilitation, especially when his game is so dependent on explosive quickness/deceleration and lateral movement.

Give Rose time to find his footing. If it's this season it won't be for some time, potentially months. And it might not even be until next season.

You do realize that he will practice for a couple months before coming back? Rose has already been practicing some drills and the expect him to return to full practice soon. He will not play for atleast another month, unless they rush him back. He wouldn't be walking in cold, he won't need to find his form, and he wont need to find his footing because that is what he is doing right now... You guys are fools if you believe Rose isn't going to be in near top form when he returns. The guy is the Bulls franchise player, they won't let him out there unless he is a 100 percent and has practiced for a while. He might need a few games to adjust to mental in game things, but physically Rose is gonna be 100 percent or he isn't going to be out there.

JNoel
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
This seems to be old news.

cuttydoesit6
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM

i remember last janauary, everybody was calling d rose overrated, a chucker, not a pg, new steve francis, wost mvp ever etc...

hes been my favorite player since he was back at memphis. i was too young to watch jordan dominate on my bulls so its nice to see a superstar in chitown. imo he deserved that mvp 100%. def hoping he comes back even better #windycityassassin lol :)

Dade County
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM
ummm...

Rose sounds like he is on some superhuman wonder drug... I don't like the sound of this at all. ( I am happy that he will come back this season, but my conspiracy mind is telling me to keep an eye out )

I would like testing done by a Swedish or Asian testing company.

Leave me alone bulls fans.

lmao

LGhost
01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
He says he is stronger than ever... I don't see how that seems far-fetched, other than making commercials & junk, why wouldn't he be exercising? He probably had more time on his hands during this injury than he has had since being a kid.. Sounds like common sense

Dnovakovic099
01-04-2013, 09:05 PM
ummm...

Rose sounds like he is on some superhuman wonder drug... I don't like the sound of this at all. ( I am happy that he will come back this season, but my conspiracy mind is telling me to keep an eye out )

I would like testing done by a Swedish or Asian testing company.

Leave me alone bulls fans.

lmao

Rose and AP went to central america for some medicine if you know what I mean. Hahahah

SportsFanatic10
01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
i do think rose will come back stronger than ever. but i think that won't be fully realized until next season. we'll see i guess...

joseph aka Jman
01-04-2013, 09:14 PM

And it begins..

5ass
01-04-2013, 09:21 PM

Rose is one of my fav players, just because i criticize him doesnt mean i dont like to watch him play. It was the same with iverson for me. Things arent always black and white, just because you like a player doesnt mean you cant criticize his game. I dont think he deserved his MVP and i felt the same way the season he won it, but I really cant watch the bulls play without him.

MELO 15
01-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Let this have been about shumpert coming back stronger, I guarantee that you'd be saying that the knicks still can't beat the heat. Your such a Knicks HATER

Uncbball234
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
And it begins..

I'm a Bulls fan, and that is the truth

Dnovakovic099
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm a Bulls fan, and that is the truth

Probably is true. Doesn't mean it should be posted in a thread that has nothing to do with anything that was said. It's like me posting LeBron choked in the finals against the Mavs, true but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

nolin
01-04-2013, 10:33 PM

if its about rose why would you bother mentioning this

nickdymez
01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Hopefully... I mean lets be honest, Lebron had the easiest road to the finals ever....

Aapox
01-04-2013, 10:42 PM
You do realize that he will practice for a couple months before coming back? Rose has already been practicing some drills and the expect him to return to full practice soon. He will not play for atleast another month, unless they rush him back. He wouldn't be walking in cold, he won't need to find his form, and he wont need to find his footing because that is what he is doing right now... You guys are fools if you believe Rose isn't going to be in near top form when he returns. The guy is the Bulls franchise player, they won't let him out there unless he is a 100 percent and has practiced for a while. He might need a few games to adjust to mental in game things, but physically Rose is gonna be 100 percent or he isn't going to be out there.

There's still a big difference between the game during practice/scrimmage and real live NBA games. Hopefully it doesn't take a lot of time, though.

Mr_Amaziing
01-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Well Im not them

Jesse2272
01-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Good to hear

love D Rose/hate the Bulls def a conundrum

really don't take pride in beating CHI unless Rose is balling

i.e. the sig

JordansBulls
01-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Hopefully... I mean lets be honest, Lebron had the easiest road to the finals ever....

In 2007?

rocket
01-05-2013, 12:43 AM

But they just beat them without a healthy rose.

smiddy012
01-05-2013, 12:52 AM
But they just beat them without a healthy rose.

With a sick Noah, and without Deng or Taj showing up to play offense.

If Boozer can perform like this in the post-season vs the Heat, and Rose can be 80%-90%, they can beat the Heat in 7 games. The Heat going small is a gigantic advantage for the Bulls, because it limits what Bosh can do offensively, and it frees Booz up to do what he does best.

Max.This
01-05-2013, 12:56 AM
I hope Rose comes back stronger than ever because I'm sick of watching bad eastern conference games. I want that Western conference competitiveness

Mr_Jones
01-05-2013, 01:04 AM
I hope so.

bucketss
01-05-2013, 01:05 AM
With a sick Noah, and without Deng or Taj showing up to play offense.

If Boozer can perform like this in the post-season vs the Heat, and Rose can be 80%-90%, they can beat the Heat in 7 games. The Heat going small is a gigantic advantage for the Bulls, because it limits what Bosh can do offensively, and it frees Booz up to do what he does best.

boozer won't play like that i can guarantee it,you know im right:D

Money_23
01-05-2013, 04:21 AM

rofl

c.c.
01-05-2013, 04:43 AM

I like Rose and Noah. I like the Bulls franchise period but that statement is an 100% TRUE