PDA

View Full Version : Kings to Virginia Beach over Anaheim, Are you kidding me!

VicTheWizard
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Why on earth would you move from Sacramento to Virginia Beach over Anaheim, do they not know how good the Angels do? And the Honda Center is an excellent venue, that doesn't even have a pro sports team, and with the current state if the NHL, who knows if they will ever have an NHL team again, Orange County has its own fans separate from LA and the Angels have more than held their own financially against the dodgers, there's no reason to believe that an Anaheim nba team could do better than most all other nba teams, I just don't see any way that a team from Virginia beach could be more successfull than Anaheim.

PraiseJesus
01-04-2013, 03:38 PM
They r going to Vegas.

This is all a facade

TheMoneyTeam
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Trust me, they'll be in the shadow of two clubs if they move to Orange County.

2-ONE-5
01-04-2013, 04:00 PM
is this official? would the move to the East? who goes to the West?

Cal827
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Link?

Alayla
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
i really don't want to see the kings move...

RLundi
01-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Link please.

lakerboy
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Anything is an upgrade over Sacramento. They should move to Bakersfield, CA

lamzoka
01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Sacramento Kings ownership denies report of move to Virginia Beach

A report out of Virginia Beach says it’s close to happening, while comments out west are shooting down the story.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-08-23/sacramento-kings-move-to-virginia-beach-maloof-report

Sanyo
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Can VB support a team even? That would be a disaster!

San Diego would be good. Pittsburgh could use an NBA team as well.

imbetterthanyou
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
That link is from August. Theres a report out that the Mayor of VA beach is pulling the plug by next week. VA Beach isnt happening.

TheSource
01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
If I'm C-Webb I'm worried.

raiderposting
01-04-2013, 04:17 PM
R they stupid. Vegas is where to go.

GoferKing_
01-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Damn, if we are about to move, then move to Seattle...

Sactown
01-04-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/03/5090840/virginia-beach-mayor-says-hell.html#storylink=cpy

Unless the Kings get their **** together in a week Virginia Beach Mayor plans to pull the plug, they're not going to Virginia Beach, which would be stupid anyways as it's ranked as a much smaller market than Sac

Also LA isn't feasible because they'd have to pay approaching fees to the Lakers and Clippers, which obviously if they asked the Virginia Beach counsel to give them 150 million to pay the moving fee, I doubt they have the money to pay off the moving fee, the approaching fee, and the rest of the 180Million they owe to Sacramento.

Conclusion:
Unless the Kings sell (asking price of 500 million) they will remain in Sacramento, unless they can find a venue willing to pay for the relocation fee and have an arena, which I don't think is going to happen, I do believe they will either be sold (obviously it will be negotiated below the 500 million) or they will upgrade Arco.

GunFactor187
01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
I still want Seattle. They deserve a team.

CityofTreez
01-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Tell the Bakersfield Jam that!

Snakeyestx
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Virginia Beach Kings...

Is it just me, or does that sound like some kind of Full-Flavored Cigarette? :confused:

Mr_Amaziing
01-04-2013, 04:31 PM
I kinda wish that they move to Seattle

Then a matchup of Okc vs Seattle would be Awesome

BKLYNpigeon
01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Why on earth would you move from Sacramento to Virginia Beach over Anaheim, do they not know how good the Angels do? And the Honda Center is an excellent venue, that doesn't even have a pro sports team, and with the current state if the NHL, who knows if they will ever have an NHL team again, Orange County has its own fans separate from LA and the Angels have more than held their own financially against the dodgers, there's no reason to believe that an Anaheim nba team could do better than most all other nba teams, I just don't see any way that a team from Virginia beach could be more successfull than Anaheim.

OKC is doing alright...

theres more to it then just location.

Money, Contracts, TV Deals. Civic Funding. BS..etc.

Sly Guy
01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
seems like a really small market in v-beach

Greedy22
01-04-2013, 04:44 PM
**** that, I'd rather not have a pro sports team than get those schmucks.

Nabeshin
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
is this official? would the move to the East? who goes to the West?

Brooklyn ;) only enough room for one NY team in the east ...heh

Greedy22
01-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Tell the Bakersfield Jam that!
The kings can play in the huge warehouse looking shed the jam use, their performance deserves nothing more.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Wonder which team goes West then. Milwaukee and Chicago are the teams in the Eastern conference that reside closest to the Western part of the country.

CityofTreez
01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
The kings can play in the huge warehouse looking shed the jam use, their performance deserves nothing more.

Only if we can keep Damion James.

popo85
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Vegas!! The Maloofs will have a helluva time

Snakeyestx
01-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I kinda wish that they move to Seattle

Then a matchup of Okc vs Seattle would be Awesome

No, you see, Seattle wants a team that would WIN that rivalry (or just WIN in general). :p

Kenny Powders
01-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Pretty sure the Ducks play at the Honda Center. Unless they play at the local outdoor rink.

DallasTrilla23
01-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I read that the kings would have a hard time getting the league to approve a move to Anaheim.

SunsFanIam
01-04-2013, 05:22 PM
As a Virginia Native and someone who lived near Virginia Beach It would be huge. I remember the Owner of Smithfield Packaging was in negotiations for the Hornets before they moved to N.O.

The Support was off the charts there and from day 1 there will be a fan base.
They don't Have a professional sports teams but people there are crazy sports fans and I see it as a great move!!

richiesaurus310
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Idk why everyone wants a Seattle team so bad. I would also pick Anaheim over Virginia Beach, but it may be tough to move there do to TV contracts or whatever issues the NBA has with that. A lack of fans would not be an issue, the Greater Los Angeles area has a population comparable to the enitire state of Texas which has 3 teams. Plus you could add San Diego to that number since Orange County isnt too far away from San Diego.

KKell2507
01-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Being from Virginia(although not VA Beach), I can tell you their will be a fan base right away. Most people from Virginia are fans of random teams across the country because we have no real team to call our own. Perfect example being my household. I live in Richmond. Im a Sixers fan, and live with a Spurs fan and 2 Knicks fans. None bandwagoners either(although Spurs have been good since hes been alive mostly).

Our two current most local teams are the Wizards and Bobcats(not much to choose from). Virginia Beach would provide a closer team to both and give Virginia a team they an call their own.

Not to mention VA Beach is a big tourist attraction anyway, so getting people to go to games wouldnt be impossible if they dont win right away(which with that team, they wont).

Sure VA Beach doesnt jump out at you right away as a place for a pro sports team. But its not as bad as you think. It may not get OKC support(especially without winning right away like OKC), but I think a team could be very successful in VA because it would be the first we can call our own(similar to OKC).

pistonsfanomg
01-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Why not move the Kings to Kansas City?

The Sprint Center needs a team, lol.

MackShock
01-05-2013, 10:17 AM
i would think that they move to somewhere and stay in the western conference. adding a team in the eastern conference would make an uneven number of teams, making an expansion team necessary in the west. Seattle maybe?

and if they didnt stay in the pacific devision, it would mess up all division brackets. i could see them moving to san jose, ca or las vegas. anaheim isnt realistic. they have 2 basketball teams already in the greater LA area and adding another would cause territorial chaos. the kings should remain put imo, but if they want to sell the team then thats fine

blom85
01-05-2013, 10:32 AM

I don't think you understand that LA would then have 3 nba teams while the there is only 2 mlb teams.

jammastershake
01-05-2013, 03:55 PM

yea, the NHL is gone forever.

noodle
01-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Because Anaheim sucks.

abe_froman
01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
That link is from August. Theres a report out that the Mayor of VA beach is pulling the plug by next week. VA Beach isnt happening.

dunno how this got overlooked

rsweene
01-05-2013, 04:26 PM
They're moving to Seattle.

rsweene
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Trust me, they'll be in the shadow of two clubs if they move to Orange County.

They would be, but thats better than being in the shadow of 29 teams currently.

DEEP3CL
01-05-2013, 05:51 PM
The Kings would get murdered here in the backyard of the Lakers and a Clipper team that's better than them. Going to Virginia is a smart move, gives them a clean slate to start over.

JWO35
01-05-2013, 05:53 PM
The less teams in California, the better.

WAYNEBO
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Vegas will never have a pro team. VB may be a smaller market, but makes more sense than 3 teams in the SoCal area. Seattle or KC/St. Louis areas make so much more sense.

WAYNEBO
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Because Anaheim sucks.

Your sucsack Kobie said 'Hi' from Newport Beach.

MackShock
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
as long as they stay in the pacific division then why not? my warriors will claim norcal

Santana4Prez'08
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
seattle would be perfectttttt

MrfadeawayJB
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I like the idea of Vegas but will the league allow it???

c.c.
01-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I think Seattle or give Las Vegas its first NBA team. That way no Eastern Conference team have to move to the West.

THINKBLUE15
01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Los Angeles: Lakers
Anaheim: Clippers
Seattle: Sonics (Hornets)
San Diego: Kings

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Moving Kings to Anaheim would be a baddddddddddddddd idea. Most people there are Laker fans, with Clipper fans here and there. Plus, Anaheim is only about a 40 minute drive from LA, where there are already 2 teams.

c.c.
01-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Los Angeles: Lakers
Anaheim: Clippers
Seattle: Sonics (Hornets)
San Diego: Kings

San Diego should give LA the Chargers and LA give them the Clippers. Anaheim can continue to be Laker nation

Trueblue2
01-06-2013, 05:02 AM
I don't think you understand that LA would then have 3 nba teams while the there is only 2 mlb teams.

Anaheim isn't LA...

Sactown
01-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Anahiem seems to be a no go since the lakers and clippers don't want them there and Virginia Beach is a no go as the mayor closes the deal on stopping arena funds in 2 days.