PDA

View Full Version : Honest question, why is Jarret Jack and David Lee getting snubbed?

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Jarret Jack's name is never really considered in the 6th man of the year award consideration. David Lee is an AllStar and not getting top 15 love in the voting, And this w/ Golden State 2 1/2 games behind the first seeded Clippers. What's going on?:confused:

310Casper
01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
golden state.

thats why.

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Golden State isn't playing like a little engine that could 8th seed anymore. I still don't get it.

Chronz
01-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I was thinking the same for Jack and Landry. Lee has already made the All-Star team so its not like hes never gotten respect. But Landry and Jack were underrated moves.

As for the GSW themselves well, that barometer of games behind a first seed is less telling than you think, especially at this point in the season. After this month, we will have a better idea of who the Warriors are

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I was thinking the same for Jack and Landry. Lee has already made the All-Star team so its not like hes never gotten respect. But Landry and Jack were underrated moves.

As for the GSW themselves well, that barometer of games behind a first seed is less telling than you think, especially at this point in the season. After this month, we will have a better idea of who the Warriors are

Carl Landry I have to admit I haven't paid as much attention to him b/c of Lee, Klay, Jack, Barnes and Curry. But I should.

Lee isn't in the allstar game as of today. The coaches have to vote him in when he has better numbers than Blake Griffin.

RipCity32
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
The allstar game is a joke guys like Shaq could come back tomorrow and fans would vote them in.Its always the same old crew in there no matter how they play or are outplayed by someone else at theyre position.Fans should not even be able to vote.

jmoney85
01-04-2013, 02:02 PM
The allstar game is a joke guys like Shaq could come back tomorrow and fans would vote them in.Its always the same old crew in there no matter how they play or are outplayed by someone else at theyre position.Fans should not even be able to vote.

this

Chronz
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Carl Landry I have to admit I haven't paid as much attention to him b/c of Lee, Klay, Jack, Barnes and Curry. But I should.
Im confused, you selectively ignore players even if they are on the same team as the one your currently watching? And Landry is like their 3rd most productive player, why ignore him?

Lee isn't in the allstar game as of today. The coaches have to vote him in when he has better numbers than Blake Griffin.
Thats arguable but I would still give the nod to Blake. And maybe its just me but Lee not STARTING in the All-Star game doesn't imply a lack of respect, it implies a lack of popularity amongst the fans (kids+adults). Im pretty sure hes in the All-Star game as of today because the coaches would vote him in IMO.

Stinkyoutsider
01-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I think they don't get the respect because they play for the Warriors even though the Warriors have good talent on their team...

kylem4711
01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
i have jack as second in line after jamal crawford, for the 6th an

lamzoka
01-04-2013, 02:29 PM
i have jack as second in line after jamal crawford, for the 6th an

not to be a homer here, but Jr Smith is balling out of his mind for us.

BHF
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
not to be a homer here, but Jr Smith is balling out of his mind for us.

i think we know already there is a 5 or 6 page thread about it, anyway Jack is the 6th man as of right now

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Im confused, you selectively ignore players even if they are on the same team as the one your currently watching? And Landry is like their 3rd most productive player, why ignore him?

I know. I haven't paid close attention to him for some reason. I keep paying closer attention to Lee's playmaking, rebounding, Steph's shooting off the dribble, Jack's shot selection, even Harrison athleticism. For whatever reason I haven't paid too much attention to Landry. And from now on I will. I just haven't. Atleast I admitted it.

Thats arguable but I would still give the nod to Blake. And maybe its just me but Lee not STARTING in the All-Star game doesn't imply a lack of respect, it implies a lack of popularity amongst the fans (kids+adults). Im pretty sure hes in the All-Star game as of today because the coaches would vote him in IMO.

He's the only big averaging double double figures in the West. How isn't that a sign of disrespect? His numbers are better than Blake in every category. :confused:

AWC713
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
well, carl landry has gotten a lot of love as 6th man of the year. maybe thats why jack isnt seeing the publicity. also, klay and curry kind of take the headlines as far as GS guards are concerned.

is jack a solid pack up pg? sure. but not 6th man of the year versus the year landry or jcrossover are having.

i agree david lee is having a great year tho, he has been under the radar.

2-ONE-5
01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
no one is considered for 6th man right now. if he keeps it up, Jack will get consideration when it comes time

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Jarret Jack is 12/5/3 off the bench. The guy has to be in the 6th man convo. but all I keep hearing is Crawford and Smith. And yeh they've been amazing but you gotta have Jack in that conversation.

Alayla
01-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Jarret Jack's name is never really considered in the 6th man of the year award consideration. David Lee is an AllStar and not getting top 15 love in the voting, And this w/ Golden State 2 1/2 games behind the first seeded Clippers. What's going on?:confused:

Jack is awsome
Lee is .fine i guess XD

Alayla
01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I have to admit i really like the look of the GSWs right now Curry and Barnes are 2 of my favorite NBA players Landry is nice and my best friends cuzain played vs jack once in college. i really love the on paper look of that roster and when boget comes back..... like wow i still cant belive they got him for Ellis.. who is awfull btw.

TheSource
01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Lee will make it on the reserves, you can count on the coaches to give him some recognition, especially when it's due.

tredigs
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
It's funny, as a Warriors fan (if I had to choose) the two I'd rather getting 6th man + All Star recognition would be Carl Landry and Curry. All four have a case, but I prefer Landry's consistent quality production and Curry just needs to be put on a stage. He is way too good not to be an all star. Maybe already one of if not the best shooter ever. Dude takes nearly 7 threes a game and hits 45%.

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Lee will make it on the reserves, you can count on the coaches to give him some recognition, especially when it's due.

lets be real here. Lee should be starting. That's how good he's been.

TheSource
01-04-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm not denying that, but you can be sure the fans are not going to give credit when credit is due.

Fans voting has always been a problem, even during dunk contests. I'd rather have a panel of the best NBA players of all time judge a dunk than fans who only vote for the most "hyped" players.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-04-2013, 04:23 PM
The NBA is a horrible organization that only promotes superstars in large markets....

Chronz
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
He's the only big averaging double double figures in the West. How isn't that a sign of disrespect? His numbers are better than Blake in every category. :confused:
A Double-Double is dubious if not arbitrary standard to gauge statistical value. His numbers may be higher on a per game basis, but thats not the same as having better numbers. The numbers are close so I wont care to argue against your take but bear in mind that Blake has also been a much improved defender this year.

Outside of the stats I have to admit Lee has been a special kind of versatile beast, the numbers dont often reflect the value in a players total game, it doesnt with Blake but with Lee you get a stronger sense of that.

To most people, being the lesser "go-to" guy represents a weakness that is hard to overcome, which compared to Blake, Lee is. Both have been strong in dump off/iso's/posts but Lee doesnt quite stack up, where he excels are in the team aspects of the game. Outlet shooting, drifting and finding gaps in defenses. Hes a quick/intuitive thinker whereas Blake likes to survey all options. My fear is that Lee's game will translate to the playoffs better but we have no idea yet, its a good comparison but Im hoping Blake puts it to rest in the coming weeks.

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
A Double-Double is dubious if not arbitrary standard to gauge statistical value. His numbers may be higher on a per game basis, but thats not the same as having better numbers. The numbers are close so I wont care to argue against your take but bear in mind that Blake has also been a much improved defender this year.

Outside of the stats I have to admit Lee has been a special kind of versatile beast, the numbers dont often reflect the value in a players total game, it doesnt with Blake but with Lee you get a stronger sense of that.

To most people, being the lesser "go-to" guy represents a weakness that is hard to overcome, which compared to Blake, Lee is. Both have been strong in dump off/iso's/posts but Lee doesnt quite stack up, where he excels are in the team aspects of the game. Outlet shooting, drifting and finding gaps in defenses. Hes a quick/intuitive thinker whereas Blake likes to survey all options. My fear is that Lee's game will translate to the playoffs better but we have no idea yet, its a good comparison but Im hoping Blake puts it to rest in the coming weeks.

how about his rebounding, FT shooting? passing? he's actually improved defensively too. I agree on Blake and him being there. But man David Lee has just had a better year.

CityofTreez
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I've been more impressed with Carl Landry.

Solid offseason signing, and he brings alot off the bench. I think Landry contributes more for Lee, than Jack contributes for Curry. BUT, Jackson runs a nice little unit that is entertaining......curry, jack, thompson.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2013, 04:32 PM

I spent over a month *****ing about why Kahn won't sign Landry this summer.

Insert chronz's shot at Kahn here:

:p

LAKobeBryant
01-04-2013, 04:35 PM

Thats because majority of the NBA fans don't watch basketball they only look at box scores or hear those big name players and don't know anybody else. Real fans that follow sports daily would know who should play in all-star game.

Chronz
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
how about his rebounding, FT shooting? passing? he's actually improved defensively too. I agree on Blake and him being there. But man David Lee has just had a better year.
Sorry man but I disagree, Im sure Lee's improved his D but Blake took a bigger leap IMO. Tho I admit I might be biased on the matter, I like that the stats support his superior 2-way production

Chronz
01-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I spent over a month *****ing about why Kahn won't sign Landry this summer.

Insert chronz's shot at Kahn here:

:p

Nah, Cunningham has proven me wrong this year, pretty solid signing. And its easy to overlook Landry when you plan on playing AK,Love,Pek alot.

krisxsong
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
The same Brook Lopez is getting snubbed, most NBA fans only know names.

Bob_at_york
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
no one is considered for 6th man right now. if he keeps it up, Jack will get consideration when it comes time

exactly what I was thinking. I would wait until after the trade deadline before I start looking around for 6th man of the year. Unlike other awards this one can change very quickly because a guy can suddenly become a starter for the rest of the season.

Chronz
01-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Thats because majority of the NBA fans don't watch basketball they only look at box scores or hear those big name players and don't know anybody else. Real fans that follow sports daily would know who should play in all-star game.

Sorry but your both wrong, the A-S STARTERS is about who the fans WANT TO SEE START. THATS IT.

IMO real fans know just making the All-Star team is what counts and that sometimes it means more to be selected by the coaches.

tripleplay2007
01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Jack gets no love because J.R. Smith is getting the award with ease this season. Other players are way better then Jack off the bench too. Kevin Martin, Jamal Crawford, Deez Nuts.

lol, please
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
This.

It's funny, as a Warriors fan (if I had to choose) the two I'd rather getting 6th man + All Star recognition would be Carl Landry and Curry. All four have a case, but I prefer Landry's consistent quality production and Curry just needs to be put on a stage. He is way too good not to be an all star. Maybe already one of if not the best shooter ever. Dude takes nearly 7 threes a game and hits 45%.

I agree with the Curry part.

lol, please
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM

The NBA is a horrible organization that only promotes superstars in large markets....

x2. Well said.

VinceCarter
01-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Why is Jrue Holiday and Brook Lopez getting snubbed? Why are Bynum and Battier voted ahead of Lopez? Why are Ray Allen and Felton ahead of Jrue? Because fans are dumb.

VinceCarter
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I agree. Fans shouldn't be able to vote. Either that or change the name to "Fan-Selected-Players-Game Featuring Players Who Haven't Played or Suck This Year But Are Playing Anyways".