PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night:January 2nd

JasonJohnHorn
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Jrue Holiday has been putting up some great numbers so far this season, and last night is no exception as he posted a triple-double. It wasn’t enough though, as the 76ers fell to the Suns. Kevin Love’s shooting woes continued as the T-Wolves failed to pull out a victory over the Utah Jazz. The Raptors continued their winning ways as rookie guard Terrance Ross came off the bench to score a game-high 26 points as the Raptors rolled past the Trailblazers. Calderon handed out 13 assists with zero turnovers, but he also scored zero points as he only attempted a single FG last night. Chicago pulled out a win over the Orlando Magic, winning by only a bucket. Joe Johnson and D-Will both decided to earn their pay check last night as the Nets surprised the OKC Thunder in OKC, a rare home loss for the Thunder, especially surprising as Westbrook and Durant both shot over .500 from the floor. The spurs rolled past the Bucks behind a big night from Duncan and Parker. In a rematch of the 2011 finals, the Heat faced off against the Mavs (though, as we know, the current Mavs team is $#!T compared to the 2011 Mavs roster), and though they needed overtime to do it, the Heat came away with a win over the reeling Mavs. As usual, LBJ was close to a triple-double, missing it by 1 assist this time around. Washington fell to the Pacers. The Clippers dropped their second straight after winning 17 straight games (I wonder is VDN will be the second coach to get fired after winning coach of the month the previous month). The Cavs, who are still playing without Anderson-V, got abused by DMC on the boards last night and fell to the Kings, and finally the Grizzlies handed Boston, who is now 3 games below .500, their 4th straight loss.

There were a lot of great performances last night, and tons of 30+ point games, so there are a few guys who aren't on the poll. Please forgive me, but despite all the great numbers, this is really just a one-man race considering the numbers LBJ put up last night.

kdspurman
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Timmah

benzni
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Jrue Holliday with the triple double 2 steals and 2 BLOCKS

JasonJohnHorn
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't get how LBJ is not leading this poll? Aganinst Holiday? And Tim? I love both guys, but LBJ dropped 32 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assists, to go with 3 steals and a block. I mean, if you add up his steals and blocks and do the same for Holiday, they are tied, and you add up the rebounds and assists, LBJ got more, and on top of that, LBJ outscored Holiday 32-16, literally double! And Tim, his steals/blocks total is equal to LBJ's while his rebounds/assists total is lower, and LBJ scored 4 more points?

DanG
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Lbj

kdspurman
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't get how LBJ is not leading this poll? Aganinst Holiday? And Tim? I love both guys, but LBJ dropped 32 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assists, to go with 3 steals and a block. I mean, if you add up his steals and blocks and do the same for Holiday, they are tied, and you add up the rebounds and assists, LBJ got more, and on top of that, LBJ outscored Holiday 32-16, literally double! And Tim, his steals/blocks total is equal to LBJ's while his rebounds/assists total is lower, and LBJ scored 4 more points?

Lebron's game also went into overtime and he played 8 more minutes than TD. That's kind of how my thought process is, if 2 guys have similar numbers but one played considerably more minutes or played in OT, I go with the guy who did it in less time.

NYKnickFanatic
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Jrue.

Swashcuff
01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Lebron's game also went into overtime and he played 8 more minutes than TD. That's kind of how my thought process is, if 2 guys have similar numbers but one played considerably more minutes or played in OT, I go with the guy who did it in less time.

Translation: I'm being a homer.

76ers fan and I voted for Bron

BALLER R
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Ross nice game from a rookie and only played 25 mins.

dalton749
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
ross obviously not the best game but the rookie came off the bench in limited time and blew the game open

kdspurman
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Translation: I'm being a homer.

76ers fan and I voted for Bron

Has nothing to do with Duncan actually....

That's how I do it in general. Parker had a game where he went into Double OT and had nice numbers, but I didn't vote for him for that reason. If it takes extra quarters and your numbers are similar to someone who put up those numbers without needing extra time, that's who I vote for. I factor that stuff in unless someone goes absolutely nuts.

I probably should've voted for Jrue in this case cause he had the triple double.

I'm glad you think you were able to make the translation though. ;)

Sly Guy
01-03-2013, 12:38 PM
not even a homer pick, but ross did his line in like 25 minutes. He gets my vote today.

ManRam
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
16 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

is only considered better than:

32 points 12 rebounds 9 assists 3 steals 1 block

because of an arbitrary fascination with 10/10/10...or the triple-double. But it simply is NOT actually better. That one extra assist doesn't magically make it better than a guy who scored 16 more points...especially when you look at the FG% AND the turnovers.

The overtime didn't skew these stats much at all either.

LeBron wins, easily.

cdnsportsfan
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Ross: 8-14 from the field (6-of-9 3pt), 4-for-6 from the line, 26 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals in 25 mins off the bench.

Sure James only scored 5 points in OT but compare his work over 42 mins to Ross over 25 and it makes the rook look even better.

I give it to either Ross or Jrue, who also had a monster game with his triple double last night. Holiday is playing great and well rounded, right across the boxscore. And I am loving that I drafted him in fantasy!

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
hard to not vote for a trip dub, but i did. :(
lol

vote for bron

MrfadeawayJB
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
voted for duncan. I'm just shocked he can still put these numbers up at his age

tredigs
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Loved Steph Curry's first half line on CP3: 25/4/4 on 90% from the field (5/6 from three).

He let Lee and Klay monster the offense in the 2nd half when they had to constantly double him, but he was en fuego against the best point in the game.

allSUAVE
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Clearly lebron james

SeoulBeatz
01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
homer so I voted for Jrue :).

But the real winner is LBJ, and I'm sure he'll win the poll without my help

Cal827
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Kobe Bryant.

Sneaky
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM