PDA

View Full Version : The Basketball Triple-Crown: NCAA, NBA, and Olympic Gold... who is next?

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2013, 03:46 PM
These are the only players (as far as I know) who have managed to win at all three levels:
Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Bill Russell
Jerry Lucas
KC Jones
Quinn Buckner
Clyde Lovellette

I might be missing somebody.

So who do you think will be the next player to accomplish this? Melo has won two of the three already, and MKG and Anthony Davis both have NCAA championships under their belt. Jeremy Lamb has one I believe from the Huskies? Kyle Singer. Lamb and Singler may have trouble getting on the olympic squad depending on how their respective careers turn out. Same with Ed David and Tyler Zeller and Tyler Hansbornough. Horford and Noah are perhaps more likely to make an olympic roster. Raymond Felton has the NCAA championship to, but it is unlikely that he will get an olympic spot any time soon. Likewise for Gordon, Okafor and Charlie-V who all won together as Huskies.

Mario Chamlbers has got NCAA and NBA gold, he just needs to make an Olympic squad now.

It looks like the best odds are with Carmelo. All he needs is an NBA championship and he will be able to put something on his resume that LBJ, Wade and Dwight never will.

I think the guys with the best chances are:
Melo
Horford
Noah
Ahtnony Davis
MKG

Who do you think will be the next player to pull off the triple crown of basketball? It is harder now than ever to accompish this because the really good players are only in college for a year and only have one shot to win in the NCAA. Back in the day guys stayed four years, if they were good, they had four chances to win in college.

NYYCowboys
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Either Melo, or Anthony Davis in 5-10 years.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Euroleague+Ring+Olympic Gold has to be Counted on too.

Manu Has it.

DallasTrilla23
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Anthony Davis and Carmelo Anthony since they've already got 2 of 3

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Anthony Davis & Carmelo Anthony are the only two that I see

mike44
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Davis or Carmelo

Horford has no shot really since he plays for the Dominican Republic national team.

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Manu Has it.

No it doesn't.

AntiG
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM

Manu Has it.

Nope. The whole point of this concept is that you are playing at the highest tier of each respective level.

College - Division I basketball
Professional - NBA
and finally Olympics.

Euroleague is the tier 2 to NBA's tier 1, both professional basketball players.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Melo because he's already close, and Davis and MKG might get there because their so young.

JiffyMix88
01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
These are the only players (as far as I know) who have managed to win at all three levels:
Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Bill Russell
Jerry Lucas
KC Jones
Quinn Buckner
Clyde Lovellette

I might be missing somebody.

So who do you think will be the next player to accomplish this? Melo has won two of the three already, and MKG and Anthony Davis both have NCAA championships under their belt. Jeremy Lamb has one I believe from the Huskies? Kyle Singer. Lamb and Singler may have trouble getting on the olympic squad depending on how their respective careers turn out. Same with Ed David and Tyler Zeller and Tyler Hansbornough. Horford and Noah are perhaps more likely to make an olympic roster. Raymond Felton has the NCAA championship to, but it is unlikely that he will get an olympic spot any time soon. Likewise for Gordon, Okafor and Charlie-V who all won together as Huskies.

Mario Chamlbers has got NCAA and NBA gold, he just needs to make an Olympic squad now.

It looks like the best odds are with Carmelo. All he needs is an NBA championship and he will be able to put something on his resume that LBJ, Wade and Dwight never will.

I think the guys with the best chances are:
Melo
HorfordNoah
Ahtnony Davis
MKG

Who do you think will be the next player to pull off the triple crown of basketball? It is harder now than ever to accompish this because the really good players are only in college for a year and only have one shot to win in the NCAA. Back in the day guys stayed four years, if they were good, they had four chances to win in college.

I don't/can't see the DR winning any olympic gold within the next 20 years so I don't think he has a good chance.

Anthony Davis is my pick he'll be playing after 03' draftees are long gone

DeRaptor95
01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Melo

Manimal
01-02-2013, 05:36 PM
As soon as Corey Brewer makes Team USA.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Nope. The whole point of this concept is that you are playing at the highest tier of each respective level.

College - Division I basketball
Professional - NBA
and finally Olympics.

Euroleague is the tier 2 to NBA's tier 1, both professional basketball players.

euroleage is harder than Ncca nowdays so it holds more merit to win it.

SMH!
01-02-2013, 06:07 PM

Manu Has it.

hell no, who gives a **** about a Euroleague

marvILLous
01-02-2013, 06:17 PM

difference is euroleague is a PROFESSIONAL league NCAA isn't

duh

el hidalgo
01-02-2013, 06:19 PM

Manu Has it.
doesn't your point, and your view on euroball in general, completely conflict with what you're trying to say in your sig? :laugh:

king4day
01-02-2013, 06:29 PM

While true, I think the whole purpose was specifically pointing out College, NBA, and Olympics.
Manu has something not many, if any, international player will ever do though.