PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling's son dies of drug overdose

phoenix_bladen
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
That sucks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-son-dies-163127151--nba.html

Anyone that has ever suffered with or known someone that has attempted to work their way through drug addiction understands that the creation of that affliction usually doesn’t stem from trying to have a good time. There are myriad factors that go into willingly attempting to break the law in order to impair your usual state. This is why each and every one of us should slow down and consider our own influences as we take to the news that Scott Sterling, son of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, has been found dead of a reported drug overdose.
The 32-year-old was found in his Malibu apartment, just south of Pepperdine University, on New Year’s Day. CBS Los Angeles was the first to break the news:
Sheriff’s Homicide Detectives were sent to an apartment in the 22600 block of Pacific Coast Highway around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday on a welfare check, authorities said.
When deputies arrived, they found the body of 32-year-old Scott Sterling inside the unit.
“Sheriff’s Homicide and Los Angeles County Coroner’s personnel at this time believe that Sterling died of an apparent drug overdose,” Deputy Guillermina Saldaņa said.
For years Ball Don’t Lie has taken great offense to Donald Sterling’s work both in and away from the NBA’s arena. It nearly goes without saying that this isn’t the time nor forum to continue that tone.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2013, 01:33 PM
I dont pity those who die of overdose.
Sad that any young man dies, but its his own fault.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
damn...my condolences.

kozelkid
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Then you're an insensitive twat . Can't say I'm surprised by you.

benzni
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
rip

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM

Why, for not giving a **** about a druggy?

Chronz
01-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Why, for not giving a **** about a druggy?

pretty much yea

CityofTreez
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Never liked Sterling, but I feel for him with this news.

lakerfan85
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM

No he's not.. Why should people feel pity for those who choose to do drugs???

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 02:38 PM
So a young guy who grew up with anything and everything can't stop doing drugs and we are supposed to say RIP?

KnickaBocka.44
01-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Because they still have families that are devastated.

DreamShaker
01-02-2013, 02:42 PM
You gotta feel for the family, at least. I don't know that family, obviously, but is never easy to lose someone that young.

CityofTreez
01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Damn...just realized he was 32 years of age. He must've been really ****ed up, but Sterling has always been a prick. His racist comments awhile back, and his aggression towards Elgin Baylor must've been top priority over son.

It's sad, but 30+ years with Sterling would be a long haul as it is.

DreamShaker
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
So a young guy who grew up with anything and everything can't stop doing drugs and we are supposed to say RIP?

Money isn't anything and everything. I grew up middle class, but am very loved, and would not trade my family for anything. His family life might have sucked. There is no telling the circumstances behind his addiction. Do we know anything about h other than his dad and age?? I honestly would hate to be judged merely by that little info.

RLundi
01-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Who cares what the circumstances are, someone just freaking died. Show a snipet of humanity why don't you.

rocket
01-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Yeah lets feel bad for a guy with all the money in the world by being a drug addict and doing harm for himself. I guess he had it hard!

blacknell
01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Should i be sad that some rich guy couldn't handle living the good life and kills himself with drugs? I'm tired of rich people with this self pitty when they have everything in the world.

Everymanalion
01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
:clap:

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Who cares what the circumstances are, someone just freaking died. Show a snipet of humanity why don't you.

I gave up on showing humanity to stupidity a long time ago...

rickshaw
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM

Proof he grew up with anything and everything? Good family life? Good friends? Oh, he had money so he should turn out good automatically.

elizur
01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Just putting info out here. Obviously, being a decent human being I do not enjoy his death regardless of who it is. This is from deadspin." In September 1999, as Tom Ziller notes, the younger Sterling shot a childhood friend and claimed self-defense. But forensics tests showed that Sterling's friend had been shot, from behind, in the leg: He was almost certainly running away. The whole story comes from Fred Dickey in the L.A. Times Magazine from December 2000, but Scott Sterling evidently wriggled away without charges because of his father's influence with the police and the district attorney's office."

elizur
01-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Should i be sad that some rich guy couldn't handle living the good life and kills himself with drugs? I'm tired of rich people with this self pitty when they have everything in the world.

Self pity, Listen to yourself. Get over it and do something if you are so jealous and pissed off that other people have more.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Because if you didn't then you wouldn't care for a large percentage of the population. Extremist much?

You say that as if you know the guy.

thrice4
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Maybe someday you pricks who show no sensitivity will lose a son or daughter. It's not easy to go through and it's not something any parent should have to deal with.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
it dont say what kind of drugs and just because people use some kind of drugs dont mean there horrible humans, im 23 have had 4 back surgeries 2 lung surgeries and am on pain meds which alot of people find horrible, now im not going to o.d on them because i can take them responsibly but many people cant or when they hit a hard time may take more to "get high" and thats when it turns fatal....now if its something like herion or coke some of this hate can be expected from some but i mean many people still loss a family member they cared for

Chronz
01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah lets feel bad for a guy with all the money in the world by being a drug addict and doing harm for himself. I guess he had it hard!
The loss of life should always be treated with respect. You dont have to feel bad, but some people are grotesquely inhumane here.

Money should not be mentioned here, its basically an admission that your opinion is a result of envy, if you dont value someone's life it shouldn't be because of their money. It should be because they were scum

:clap:

So you dont pity him but you feel sad for him? Thats weird to me

lakerfan85
01-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Because if you didn't then you wouldn't care for a large percentage of the population. Extremist much?

You say that as if you know the guy.

If people want to harm themselves then so be it.. Not my problem..

PleaseBeNice
01-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Get over it Mr Right

Hellcrooner
01-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I feel bad for:

A cop that gets shot down.
A firemen that dies in a house in flames.
A person that gets a non self inflicted disease.
A person that dies in an accident in work while trying to bring the bread to his familys table.
A soldier that dies in a war following orders wheter if they are right or wrong..
A person that dies in a car accident ( as long as he is not DUY or going too fast)

I dont sympathize with people that get an overdose , die of an ethilic coma, have a car accident for being Drugged/Drunk , get aids because they didnt care enough to ****ing putting on a condom when ****ing that dude/gal just after meeting them, kill someone/attack someone / robs something ( except for food or medicines because he cant afford them and needs them for his family) and gets shot down by cops, gets ****ed in a fight that he/she started.

I will feel for their familys tough but not for them.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
01-02-2013, 03:09 PM
The loss of life should always be treated with respect. You dont have to feel bad, but some people are grotesquely inhumane here.

Money should not be mentioned here, its basically an admission that your opinion is a result of envy, if you dont value someone's life it shouldn't be because of their money. It should be because they were scum

So you dont pity him but you feel sad for him? Thats weird to me

true that

Chronz
01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
If people want to harm themselves then so be it.. Not my problem..
So your saying showing respect to people you know nothing about would be a problem? So be it, hopefully the world treats you the same.

RaiderLakersA's
01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
My condolences to the family and friends deeply affected by Sterling's death.

But like others here have stated, anyone that deliberately abuses drugs to the point that it ends his/her life falls outside of my sympathy/empathy spectrum. It's not in me to feel sorry for anyone that works so tirelessly toward their own self-destruction. I don't care the socioeconomic background. I don't care the reason. You have to show me that you give a damn, before I can give a damn.

torocan
01-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Never really liked Donald Sterling, but this is rough for anyone.

Nobody deserves to see their children die before they do.

Condolences.

lakerfan85
01-02-2013, 03:26 PM
So your saying showing respect to people you know nothing about would be a problem? So be it, hopefully the world treats you the same.

I'm sure the world would care a great deal if I died tomorrow.. Who are you to decide who should be humane or not?? In my opinion this is not something that's tragic or sad for me to show respect.. I feel for people who die serving this country or for the family's and the children of newtown ct. If trying to twist my words makes you feel better about your self sir then so be it..

blacknell
01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Self pity, Listen to yourself. Get over it and do something if you are so jealous and pissed off that other people have more.

I don't believe i'm jealous because I don't feel bad for some rich kid who died from using drugs. He died because he chose to die, he had every opportunity in life so who cares.

TheMoneyTeam
01-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Money isn't anything and everything. I grew up middle class, but am very loved, and would not trade my family for anything. His family life might have sucked. There is no telling the circumstances behind his addiction. Do we know anything about h other than his dad and age?? I honestly would hate to be judged merely by that little info.

Saying you grew up middle-class mean's you had money. Something tells me you lack knowledge of social classes.

Does anyone else find it funny that people post 'I'll pray for him and his family' or 'my condolences to his loved ones' knowing damn well you guys don't physically get up to pray for them or send your condolences? I guess it's part of the human condition that pressures you into lying upon hearing bad news. lmao

Chronz
01-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm sure the world would care a great deal if I died tomorrow..
I dont get the point your making. If its what I think then Im sure there are a great number of people who would throw a fit if someone who didn't know you at all said you had it coming or that they have no respect for their/your loss.

Who are you to decide who should be humane or not??
A human being.

In my opinion this is not something that's tragic or sad for me to show respect.. I feel for people who die serving this country or for the family's and the children of newtown ct. If trying to twist my words makes you feel better about your self sir then so be it..
Twist your words? Correct me if Im wrong but werent you saying you have no respect/compassion for a large percentage of our people that you know very little about?

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying we should all pity the guy, but the criticism here seems kind of heartless to me. Drugs, money, thats about all we know about the guy so I understand its going to illicit some hate but Im not a fan of generalizations.

I dont know enough of the guy and his way of life to comment, I just know whenever a life is lost, something tragic happened along the way. Whatever it was may cause you to lose respect for the guy but I would hope it would be based on more than just money/drugs.

Like look at your example, you feel for people who die serving this country but you know just as little about them. Do you feel bad for the rapists who kill under the guise of serving this country? Obviously not, unless your truly a scumbag.

Dont generalize people, drug users doesnt = bad guy just like military doesnt equate to great human beings.

kozelkid
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM

Because you have no ****ing clue the life he lived.

And before anyone starts bringing in rubbish about how he lived in a wealthy family; life can be just as miserable for some money as without.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Obviously you lose a bit of sympathy for a kid who grew up overprivelaged and rich who couldn't control himself in the city of Los Angeles and had a drug addiction that took his life, but its still a sad story you wouldn't wish on any parent. Saying you don't care is pretty harsh. Saying this kid did it to himself however, is the truth.

RIP

kozelkid
01-02-2013, 03:46 PM

Since when does money equate to happiness? I know enough people who have everything in the world and are unhappy. And I know people who aren't well off and are happy as can be. Again, the stupid thought process that having money means someone should be happy, is just that, stupid and shallow.

You have no idea why he turned to drugs. You have no idea what kind of family he lives in. You know nothing, so don't make baseless generalizations.

abe_froman
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM

And before anyone starts bringing in rubbish about how he lived in a wealthy family; life can be just as miserable for some money as without.
this

....and this

the guy sounds like he's living an insanely sheltered life to have this type of view in the modern world.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM

well, wealth helps in that scenario. He had more money at his disposal, and most likely, more enablers leaching off him and keeping him on the bad road.

But yes, none of us knew his life, so trying to judge it right now is suspect. But you do have to forgive some for just shaking their heads at a story like this. Its not like a good kid just got hit by a car and died suddenly. He did it to himself. LA. Eff that place. I am just waiting for a call from my best friends wife that we have lost him. Moved out there 7 years ago to act and model, and that city eats up people like that. Been hooked on the needle for years. And if and when he dies, I will be sad, but I won't look at it as a tragedy.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM

People lack that perspective, having money may be special to us normal folk but to someone who was born into that life, its not this life ensuring blanket us normals see it as.

Yes its a mistake we wouldn't likely make but admitting thats a factor in valuing/respecting the loss of life only exposes us as vindictive/jealous children.

Im just as childish about some things, but when it comes to life and death, there are bigger things to critique. I just wish we knew more of them in this scenario, all I know is that Sterling has the rep of a prick.

yankeesown69
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Regardless of what you think about him, its got to be tough on the family. So condolences to the Sterling family.

kozelkid
01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
well, wealth helps in that scenario. He had more money at his disposal, and most likely, more enablers leaching off him and keeping him on the bad road.

But yes, none of us knew his life, so trying to judge it right now is suspect. But you do have to forgive some for just shaking their heads at a story like this. Its not like a good kid just got hit by a car and died suddenly. He did it to himself. LA. Eff that place. I am just waiting for a call from my best friends wife that we have lost him. Moved out there 7 years ago to act and model, and that city eats up people like that. Been hooked on the needle for years.

Does it though? (referring to wealth)

Again, as we both agree we don't know the situation. But what if he was neglected all of his life? That is something that happens quite often in such families.

Again, we obviously don't know what happened here. He could very well be some irresponsible **** who liked to party. But he could just as well have been depressed much of his life or had difficult relations in his family. I don't know, but using money as a reason is just stupid. And at the very least, I'm going to feel for the guy and family when something like this happens at least until further details come out.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Does it though?

Again, as we both agree we don't know the situation. But what if he was neglected all of his life? That is something that happens quite often in such families.

Again, we obviously don't know what happened here. He could very well be some irresponsible **** who liked to party. But he could just as well have been depressed much of his life or had difficult relations in his family. I don't know, but using money as a reason is just stupid. And at the very least, I'm going to feel for the guy and family when something like this happens at least until further details come out.

Having a lot of money almost always makes a drug problem worse. More cash to burn, and you attract the wrong "friends".

Yeah, we don't know this kids life. I think many are jumping to the conclusion that your first type is the kind, not knowing if the second, or another is really the kind he was.

As I said, I would feel worse for a good kid who died tragically, but unless we KNOW that this kid was a piece of crap, drugged out, irresponsible, didn't care about others type, maybe hold off on the pile driving. The kid is dead. The end result is produced from a sad story regardless, where ever that may stem from. Have you ever been around someone struggling with drug addiction? It is so exhausting emotionally.

SpeedyRecovery
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
RIP

To some of the people posting things saying that don't care for this young man or people that abuse drugs you should know that this is a disease and sickness, sometimes brought on biologically from the parents. It isn't an excuse but millions of people are doing the same thing this guy has done. He wasn't out to hurt anybody, just deal with his own pain. I'm sure he had his new years resolution already worked out to quit, but an addict sometimes isn't strong enough and loses the fight.

For the people posting these disgusting rants, wait until it's someone close to you, or go into a detox centre and find the people trying to curb their habits. Its an epidemic and the answer isn't tough love or telling someone their no good. That has been the mentality since this whole war on drugs thing started and look how much it's helped. You can have all the money in the world but without feeling loved or needed can make you turn to other things for stimulation and forget about your own pain.

Ill21
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Feel bad for his family but not him

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Money doesn't equate to happiness but it sure does help.

kozelkid
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
RIP

To some of the people posting things saying that don't care for this young man or people that abuse drugs you should know that this is a disease and sickness, sometimes brought on biologically from the parents. It isn't an excuse but millions of people are doing the same thing this guy has done. He wasn't out to hurt anybody, just deal with his own pain. I'm sure he had his new years resolution already worked out to quit, but an addict sometimes isn't strong enough and loses the fight.

For the people posting these disgusting rants, wait until it's someone close to you, or go into a detox centre and find the people trying to curb their habits. Its an epidemic and the answer isn't tough love or telling someone their no good. That has been the mentality since this whole war on drugs thing started and look how much it's helped. You can have all the money in the world but without feeling loved or needed can make you turn to other things for stimulation and forget about your own pain.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:

Having a lot of money almost always makes a drug problem worse. More cash to burn, and you attract the wrong "friends".

Yeah, we don't know this kids life. I think many are jumping to the conclusion that your first type is the kind, not knowing if the second, or another is really the kind he was.

As I said, I would feel worse for a good kid who died tragically, but unless we KNOW that this kid was a piece of crap, drugged out, irresponsible, didn't care about others type, maybe hold off on the pile driving. The kid is dead. The end result is produced from a sad story regardless, where ever that may stem from. Have you ever been around someone struggling with drug addiction? It is so exhausting emotionally.

No disagreements here.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
RIP

I DID drugs, and i went out of it myself and didnt need to go to a detox center, i locked myself into a Monastery for a pair of months and went out of the **** myself.
If you WANT you WILL get out of it, its a thing bout WILL and anything else.

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
I DID drugs, and i went out of it myself and didnt need to go to a detox center, i locked myself into a Monastery for a pair of months and went out of the **** myself.

Well everyone is not you.

abe_froman
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM

who says he wasnt a god kid.all types of people get caught up in drug use,not just the "bad guys".i have known people who struggled with it,most overcame it,one(my best friend)died from it.it is exhausting to be on the outside knowing someone but it doesnt necessarily make them set in as a bad person.as your locked into the addiction,which isnt easy to just quit whatever your addicted on a dime(try giving up caffeine,drink,cigarettes,or anything you may have an addition to),the stronger the substance the more it takes over your mind and action to follow the fix,turning anyone even a saint into a junkie to it

kozelkid
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM

No.

Every person is different. Just like every person has differing addictive personalities. For instance, I could and have done most things without the necessity/yearning to do it again. I also have a couple friends who have absolutely no control of themselves.

Each person is different and aside from whether he did drugs or not, we have no idea what was the motive. Was it just to have fun? Was it depression? Who knows, but not every person is the same nor has the same will power as maybe you do. Have some empathy.

Leach11
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM

This. If you aren't going to show respect for the loss of life, than don't comment at all. I don't understand why in every one of these threads a number of people always feel the need to point out that they don't care or have any sympathy for the deceased. If that's truly the case, why even bother taking the time to comment on the death at all?

Bruno
01-02-2013, 04:07 PM
a lot of bs has been posted in this thread, and that's a shame. not the time or place for that kind of ignorance towards addiction. nobody is looking for pity here, but some sensitivity would be nice.

rip.

JdKing7
01-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Apparently half of you guys don't know **** about addiction.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 04:08 PM
RIP

I have to tell you, being around my best friend while he struggles with it is so exhausting. They end up pushing everyone away. They hit treatment, and do great for 50 days. But you know what the b.s. is about treatment centers? All most of them end up doing is meeting more contacts to get drugs. Its easy not to shoot up when you are confined to a home and can't leave without supervision to even go to the gym. When they put you in a halfway house, most of them just find their way right back to the needle, or whatever their vice is. My friend broke his leg and pelvis, two different events, while so high he didn't have any idea what happened. Been in and out of rehab 5 times. Stayed with me for 3 weeks after he got out of rehab, and I found out he was taking my car to go to some 19 year old chicks house to get high. I mean, at some point, you end up pushing everyone away from you. His family won't talk to him anymore, he just stole money from them, used them, and they just can't take it anymore. I tried to talk with him as much as possible, work out with him, keep his mind occupied, but that **** is stronger than me obviously.

Drug addiction, while OF COURSE its that persons fault, is a terrible thing. Like I said, if I get a call my friend is gone, I won't feel as if a tragedy happened, but I will be sad.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 04:09 PM
who says he wasnt a god kid.all types of people get caught up in drug use,not just the "bad guys".i have known people who struggled with it,most overcame it,one(my best friend)died from it.it is exhausting to be on the outside knowing someone but it doesnt necessarily make them set in as a bad person.as your locked into the addiction,which isnt easy to just quit whatever your addicted on a dime(try giving up caffeine,drink,cigarettes,or anything you may have an addition to),the stronger the substance the more it takes over your mind and action to follow the fix,turning anyone even a saint into a junkie to it

read my follow up with Koze. I never said he was anything man.

In fact, read the other few posts after that. I think you and I see more eye to eye then you believe here.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Money doesn't equate to happiness but it sure does help.
For me it would equate ultimate happiness. But would you value something that you were born into? Would it seem normal and not as fulfilling?

Leach11
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM

That is you. Everyone is different and some people are not as strong willed as others. Maybe you realized the dangers of your personal situation before it was too late, while others may not come to this realization in time.

The fact that you have been a drug user in the past should give you even more reason to show respect for the deceased.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Would it seem normal and not as fulfilling?

I say 100% yes.

homestarunner93
01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Hard to feel bad for people that bring their demises upon themselves. Disease or not, he had to get hooked on drugs one way or another. No one forced him to do it. Feel bad for the family though, I'm sure it's tough to lose a son.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM

Your probably desensitized from your triumph but a large portion of the population isn't so lucky. And yes, luck invariably plays as vital a role as having the will power to quit does. Your support group, upbringing and some say genetics matter when it comes to these things.

Put it this way, some people have a higher threshold for pain than others, it doesn't make them more honorable or manlier, some people just have different nerve sensors. Similar thing here, only its an emotional pain linked to a variety of factors.

abe_froman
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
read my follow up with Koze. I never said he was anything man.

In fact, read the other few posts after that. I think you and I see more eye to eye then you believe here.

it wasnt meant to be all on you,just a follow up since you jumped on it.as some of the comments on here have been pretty ignorant when it comes to this

Leach11
01-02-2013, 04:18 PM
For me it would equate ultimate happiness. But would you value something that you were born into? Would it seem normal and not as fulfilling?

Yea, how does one experience pleasure without first experiencing pain? If born into what most would perceive as a state of pleasure, does this not cease to be a state of pleasure as it has become completely normalized?

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 04:18 PM
it wasnt meant to be all on you,just a follow up since you jumped on it.as some of the comments on here have been pretty ignorant when it comes to this

Its PSD dude. As with any issue, there are going to be extremes both ways.

shep33
01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Terrible news. RIP. People make mistakes in life, it's sad that he didn't receive the help that he needed.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Hard to feel bad for people that bring their demises upon themselves. Disease or not, he had to get hooked on drugs one way or another. No one forced him to do it. Feel bad for the family though, I'm sure it's tough to lose a son.

Thats the only thing I agree on, its hard to feel bad for those we know nothing about and would seemingly have more than us. But its even harder to say I have no pity/respect for the deceased person either. Im so neutral that if it wasn't for my love of debate, I wouldn't have posted here.

BIG worm
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
This. If you aren't going to show respect for the loss of life, than don't comment at all. I don't understand why in every one of these threads a number of people always feel the need to point out that they don't care or have any sympathy for the deceased. If that's truly the case, why even bother taking the time to comment on the death at all?
this x1000. the insensitivity in this forum and this country is disconcerting. much of this country has been desensitized to death through the media and by other means. the root of the problem with violence in this country is nobody gives a **** about any one but themselves. no sense of community any more. every man for himself and the uglyness you see in our society directly reflects that. i pray that some of these ignorant comments have to do with the posters age, because if these are grown men making these comments then god save us all!

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 04:34 PM

It would seem normal, but in my belief they're are blessed. I have rich friends, like seriously rich that can just say "I want the newest sports car" and go and get it and it does virtually nothing to them financially, they complain but their problems are most mental. My poor friends sadly have to deal with both physical (not having adequate money to afford basic health care) and mental pain.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
It would seem normal, but in my belief they're are blessed. I have rich friends, like seriously rich that can just say "I want the newest sports car" and go and get it and it does virtually nothing to them financially, they complain but their problems are most mental. My poor friends sadly have to deal with both physical (not having adequate money to afford basic health care) and mental pain.

So you hang out with rich and poor alike. I like to think that if I was rich I would too, help keep my wealth in perspective. Not sure how realistic that is with these trustfund kids nowadays but I have a high opinion of myself.

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 04:49 PM
So you hang out with rich and poor alike

Yes, my great-grandparents started off poor, my grandparents were lower middle class, and the cycle continues. In any event my peoples always thought me not to look down on anybody or put anyone up on a pedestal. I consider myself a pretty well rounded person even though I'm an INTP.

I like to think that if I was rich I would too, help keep my wealth in perspective. Not sure how realistic that is with these trustfund kids nowadays but I have a high opinion of myself.

Same here.

YouCan'tBeatLA
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Because they still have families that are devastated.

Which is why you feel sorry for the family, not the druggy himself.

RLundi
01-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Yes, judge an individual based on a short article, that makes perfect sense. You don't know the man and you don't know what the circumstances are. The majority of people are stupid, so chances are you have some 'stupidity' in your family. I'd be interested to see what tune you'd sing if tragedy hit close to home.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Very sorry to hear that. When it comes to drugs there's no right or wrong it's just addiction and can you overcome it or not....

I Rock Shaqs
01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Karma for Sterling being such a racist douche bag. Sucks but I can't feel bad for someone who is a total A-Hole.

RLundi
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Karma for Sterling being such a racist douche bag. Sucks but I can't feel bad for someone who is a total A-Hole.

You're an idiot.

CavsYanksDuke
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM

To see that post, then decide to post first so that everyone sees it, and then you state something so tasteless and insensitive that it disgusts me. We all take risk in everything we do. Do you also not pity those that make mistakes driving and die? They knew the risk, should they receive no pity as well? You are ridiculously sad, and you wanted everyone to see your post and be as cynical and pathetic as you.

Nobody gives a **** about your philosophies on life.

HowFit
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM

RIP brother

Everything or not...

CavsYanksDuke
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Your probably desensitized from your triumph but a large portion of the population isn't so lucky. And yes, luck invariably plays as vital a role as having the will power to quit does. Your support group, upbringing and some say genetics matter when it comes to these things.

Put it this way, some people have a higher threshold for pain than others, it doesn't make them more honorable or manlier, some people just have different nerve sensors. Similar thing here, only its an emotional pain linked to a variety of factors.

Great post.

KnickaBocka.44
01-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Which is why you feel sorry for the family, not the druggy himself.

Not necessarily, man. Having known people who got hooked on junk and/or presciption drugs, I know that most often there is something that drives them to the point of using those certain drugs and it's not the desire to have fun and party. Even if people start using these kind of drugs without having some other struggle, no real addict wants to be an addict. Addiction is a serious issue, it's not a choice people make on a day to day basis, otherwise there wouldn't be many addicts.

HowFit
01-02-2013, 05:44 PM

For real? Based on your attitude here I would say others feel the same for you...

The_Pharouh
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Feeling bad for his family

jimm120
01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I feel for the Kid falling into bad habits

BUT......knowing Sterling, he'll most probably blame minorities for his kid's death since "they're that got him into that lifestyle"

racist bastard.

RaiderLakersA's
01-02-2013, 05:53 PM
RIP

There is only one right choice when it comes to illicit drugs: don't do them. You're better served dealing with life and its miseries head on. Anything less is an abdication. I don't feel sorry for the individuals who make the wrong choice.

Humor me, but this is the crux of the individual responsibility and accountability debate that ought not be a debate at all. We all know the impact of drugs and the destruction associated with their consumption, whether in first person perspective or peripherally and further downstream. We all know.

It's not true that I don't feel sympathy. There are the thousands of infants who come into this world as addicts, no thanks to their mothers who abused drugs while the children were still in the womb. For these victims my heart cries. They had no choice.

But for illicit users who willfully entered into a life of drug use? No. They chose to destroy themselves, chose to surrender control of their lives, chose to duck and hide, chose the lie that getting high was the panacea that would make their lives painless/tolerable/fun/better/courageous. I don't feel sorry for anyone that callously and discompassionately made their lives better at the expense of making my life, the lives of their friends and family, and the world around us as a whole, worse.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
it dont say what kind of drugs and just because people use some kind of drugs dont mean there horrible humans, im 23 have had 4 back surgeries 2 lung surgeries and am on pain meds which alot of people find horrible, now im not going to o.d on them because i can take them responsibly but many people cant or when they hit a hard time may take more to "get high" and thats when it turns fatal....now if its something like herion or coke some of this hate can be expected from some but i mean many people still loss a family member they cared for

This, some of you guys are being *******s. It's not like he raped someone and killed himself. The guy most likely had friends and family. Think about them and not him guys.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-02-2013, 06:06 PM

What a lame you are.

FriedTofuz
01-02-2013, 06:17 PM
You people are ****ing *****es. Regardless if his sons actions were inresponsible and lead to this death, feel sympathetic that a family has just lost a son, possibly brother, cousin, grandson. Many lives are touched when one's life is lost. So instead of being a little ***** about it, at least express sympathy for the family. You dont like sterling? I dont either. But what has he done to you? What has his family done to you, do they deserve to lose a loved one? No one does. RIP

Cracka2HI!
01-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I do feel for Donald Sterling and the rest of his family and anyone who is affected by this. I do however lean toward those who say it's not that sad when a junky dies. As someone who at one point was in bad enough shape to go to Detox it's hard for me to feel sympathy. Most addicts get MANY chances to clean up thier act. I was lucky enough to clean up. At some point it is on the addict and not very tragic if they can't do it. To be honest by the time a lot of these people die the familes are just as relieved to get that mess out of their life as they are devestated by the loss. Just my 2 cents. I don't think my opinion is any better or worse than anyone else's. If it weren't the owner of my favorite team in sports I probably just stay away from this issue.

I Rock Shaqs
01-02-2013, 06:43 PM
2 chaaainnzzz!

I Rock Shaqs
01-02-2013, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=rlundi86;24944286]You're an idiot.[/QUO

House.

I Rock Shaqs
01-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Nahh for real though why is this a thread? This has nothing to do with basketball at all, if you are going to make a thread about someone dying how come there isn't a thread every single day like this? what makes his son so important?