PDA

View Full Version : Does Dwight stay a Laker?

kduce
01-02-2013, 12:40 PM
I know its still early in the season and time to turn things around in LA, but do you think Superman stays there next year? I'm sure he is doing quite well with his endorsement deals, but is that enough for him if it doesn't feel like they are going to be able to win with Kobe and himself together? Thoughts?

Htownballa1622
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
If he's dumb, which he is.
;)
Yes. He stays

Il Mago50
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Hawks

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
He won't be a laker

Yunqn
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
If derrick rose comes back the way adrian peterson did then the best option would be chicago..

I think he'll stay w l.a but pairing him w rose would be unstoppable seriously .. Espec on defense if they keep deng somehow..

Slim chance though

49ersLALSFGiant
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
He's gone..you can just tell by his body language he doesn't like playin second fiddle to Kobe and a lot of the time he's not even the second option

Corey
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
He'll be gone.

Stunner
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
No , not with this current coach at the helm .

richiesaurus310
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Idk with D'antoni as his coach. It depends who has cap this offseason, and what ends up happening this season with the Lakers. If they continue to really struggle and get knocked out 1st round Idk how he stays at that point.
This is a silly question to ask right now though, who knows?

Stunner
01-02-2013, 12:59 PM
If derrick rose comes back the way adrian peterson did then the best option would be chicago..

I think he'll stay w l.a but pairing him w rose would be unstoppable seriously .. Espec on defense if they keep deng somehow..

Slim chance though

Howard Lowkey doesn't like Rose , people been saying the best spot for him but he says its too cold here and wants a place with championship pedigree ; that's why he chose Brooklyn .

reffahead
01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Looks like damaged goods right now. Lakers would be fools to give him the max if his play doesn't improve to previous levels.

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
This isn't the Dwight of old. Bynum last year was better than Dwight this year. He hasn't been playing like a top 3 player, heck he hasn't been playing like a top 15 player this year.

But give him time. Dude was suppose to come back in January.

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
It ends up being between Dallas, Houston, Atlanta or LA.

tnewkirk
01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
but he grabbed 14 rebounds and had 5 blocks, isnt that what you want from a center?

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:12 PM
He's been better on defense lately, a lot better actually. Offensively he's been struggling. Spencer Hawes got the best of him yesterday. Spencer Hawes

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2013, 01:12 PM
but he grabbed 14 rebounds and had 5 blocks, isnt that what you want from a center?

And only 7 shot attempts. Yes, you want your center to rebound and block, but Dwight wants to score, and giving him as few shots a game as he's been getting unde 'Antoni is not going encourage him to stay.

If fortunes don't change soon for the Lakers, they are going to have a hard time re-signing him.

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I just don't understand what is going on. Kobe and Bynum played well together last year. Kobe and Pau have played like the best pair of players in the NBA a few years back.

Don't get why it isn't working with Dwight.

beliges
01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I just don't understand what is going on. Kobe and Bynum played well together last year. Kobe and Pau have played like the best pair of players in the NBA a few years back.

Don't get why it isn't working with Dwight.

Bynum and pau are both far more superior offensive players than Dwight. Dwight it seems has been overrated. However, no team will be able to offer the type of deal the Lakers will so undoubtedly he will stay a laker.

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah, the thing with Dwight choosing is this. He can stay with LAL, make more money and they can build a new team in 1.5 years.

Any team he goes to next year needs a year to get their **** together anyways. If he leaves, he leaves, I'm not going to cry over it since we'd be stuck with Bynum if we didn't make that deal

macc
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Just because it's the Lakers I'll give them the nod with the most likely place he'll be next year. Though in saying that I think it's not a given by any stretch.

Next year the Lakers still have Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Metta under contract. That's just under 67 mil in contracts to just those 4 players. Not to mention you have contracts in Duhon 3.9 mil and Blake 4 mil who aren't going anywhere. I personally don't see how the Lakers can even offer Howard a decent enough contract to make him stay.

If the Lakers don't get it done this year, I don't see the point in Dwight wanting to return to a Laker team thats even a year older and playing 2nd-3rd option again.

I can very likely see him playing in Dallas to be honest.

macc
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the thing with Dwight choosing is this. He can stay with LAL, make more money and they can build a new team in 1.5 years.

Any team he goes to next year needs a year to get their **** together anyways. If he leaves, he leaves, I'm not going to cry over it since we'd be stuck with Bynum if we didn't make that deal

With what cap space? This year the Lakers are over 100mil in total cap and a max extension would grant a raise for him. I don't see what money the Lakers can realistically pay him.

AWC713
01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
i think it will come down to houston, dallas, la, atlanta...

odds favor LA right now, i think houston and dallas are tied after that, and then atlanta is a long shot.

reffahead
01-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Not true, Atlanta would be right there with Miami. Dwight, Josh, and Horford is hard body. We got two mid first rounders and all the shooters in the world. Still have some money to sign another good free agent to add to the mix. Our style of play suits Dwight really well to boot. But again, he is almost Illumanti like brainwashed so the right move for him is a stupid move for everybody else.

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Nash, Kobe, Pau, & Artest don't have much left in the tank, they gave away their draft picks, their coach isn't good... Why would he?

In Houston, he could be playing next to up & coming players like Harden, Patterson, Lin, Asik, Parsons. In ATL, he could play next to Josh Smith, Horford, & Teague and it's his hometown. I'm not too sure about Dallas either because they don't have much to look forward to but they do make good roster moves every year somehow but so does the Lakers so I think ATL & Houston would be the 2 best choices

Badluck33
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Dallas or Atlanta. I dont think he stays in LAL.

ThunderousDemon
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Nash, Kobe, Pau, & Artest don't have much left in the tank, they gave away their draft picks, their coach isn't good... Why would he?

In Houston, he could be playing next to up & coming players like Harden, Patterson, Lin, Asik, Parsons. In ATL, he could play next to Josh Smith, Horford, & Teague and it's his hometown. I'm not too sure about Dallas either because they don't have much to look forward to but they do make good roster moves every year somehow but so does the Lakers so I think ATL & Houston would be the 2 best choices

Draft picks aren't as important to the Lakers as it is to other teams.

2014 is the year when the Lakers have a ton of cap space that they can use to get free agents.

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
With what cap space? This year the Lakers are over 100mil in total cap and a max extension would grant a raise for him. I don't see what money the Lakers can realistically pay him.

The amount of money we give Dwight has nothing to do with cap space. Because we traded for him we can offer him roughly 25 mill more than any other team.

We're going to have pretty much more cap space than any other team in the NBA. Considering we'll only have Nash under contract, and he might retire by then. Add Dwights 20 and we still have a ton of room to build a great team.

C_Mund
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Who cares where he goes, because he's going to whine and destroy chemistry unless they give him the ball, and when they do they won't win, and then he'll leave because he wants to win. Then he'll go somewhere else where he can win, but he won't be the #1 option on offense, so he'll want to be somewhere else. I'm tired of hearing about it.

shep33
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Not true, Atlanta would be right there with Miami. Dwight, Josh, and Horford is hard body. We got two mid first rounders and all the shooters in the world. Still have some money to sign another good free agent to add to the mix. Our style of play suits Dwight really well to boot. But again, he is almost Illumanti like brainwashed so the right move for him is a stupid move for everybody else.

I like Atlanta's squad, with Dwight it'd be pretty nice. That being said, it just always seems to take teams a little bit of time to get everyone on the same page. That's just my opinion, but if he were to leave I think Atlanta is the best spot for him as well.

Your right about the strange decision making of Howard though. I have no clue what he's going to do

macc
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
The amount of money we give Dwight has nothing to do with cap space. Because we traded for him we can offer him roughly 25 mill more than any other team.

We're going to have pretty much more cap space than any other team in the NBA. Considering we'll only have Nash under contract, and he might retire by then. Add Dwights 20 and we still have a ton of room to build a great team.

You'll have alot of cap room in 2 years. Def not this off season, so it becomes the decision on whether Dwight will want to waste another year before the possibility of LA being able to sign a new quality pieces around him, because in 2013 you guys will once again be 100+ mil if Dwight does sign a contract with you guys.

gwrighter
01-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Who cares where he goes, because he's going to whine and destroy chemistry unless they give him the ball, and when they do they won't win, and then he'll leave because he wants to win. Then he'll go somewhere else where he can win, but he won't be the #1 option on offense, so he'll want to be somewhere else. I'm tired of hearing about it.

this exactly.

shep33
01-02-2013, 02:08 PM
You'll have alot of cap room in 2 years. Def not this off season, so it becomes the decision on whether Dwight will want to waste another year before the possibility of LA being able to sign a new quality pieces around him, because in 2013 you guys will once again be 100+ mil if Dwight does sign a contract with you guys.

But he's also wasting a year with Dallas too. Dirk is making 20 some mill next year. So their out of the question too.

Houston needs to deal Asik to make it happen, but I dunno, he didn't want to go there last year, but who knows. It leaves Atlanta, which I think is the only realistic option outside of LA.

king4day
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
If I'm Howard, I look at Houston and Cleveland as possible destinations. Imagine Irving with Howard? What a core that'd be.

fredv
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
He'll stay. No doubt.

Htownballa1622
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
If I'm Howard, I look at Houston and Cleveland as possible destinations. Imagine Irving with Howard? What a core that'd be.

He's not that smart it seems.

Robbw241
01-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Dwight to Houston would be sweet.

PleaseBeNice
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM
He looks like half the player he was.

king4day
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
He's not that smart it seems.

I'm sure it'll be more about opportunities outside of bball.

Charlotte is another destination. The Bobcats and Cavs will add another lotto pick this year. Add Howard to that and either team is up and coming and could become a serious threat in a couple of years.

SACNYY
01-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I think the best thing for him to do is to sign with the Magic. That would be the funniest thing ever.

shep33
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
He looks like half the player he was.

Sadly this is the truth, I think his back is really messed up and he needs a few more months to get right.

He told some reporters not too long ago that he had some nerve irritation and he can't feel his feet and at times.

I've seen Dwight miss more dunks/easy buckets this year than in his entire career.

Hope he gets better. I think he will, but he needs time, which is exactly what the Lakers are running out of

TheDoctor6
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Dwight is a douche and he aint staying in LA.

Htownballa1622
01-02-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm sure it'll be more about opportunities outside of bball.

Charlotte is another destination. The Bobcats and Cavs will add another lotto pick this year. Add Howard to that and either team is up and coming and could become a serious threat in a couple of years.

agreed. He'd look good with many young,up and coming teams but like you said....OUtside opportunities might ultimately leave him in L.A.

RLundi
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Does anyone really know with this clown? He's waffled in Orlando, changed his stance about the Lakers and now he's not even the same player. Maybe he'll accept Houston or Atlanta -- 2 teams he wasn't interested in last season. Dallas is crumbling, the Lakers are ancient (and I don't see Kobe retiring in 2 years no matter what he says). Atlanta looks good with Teague and Lou Williams in the backcourt, and with Dwight, Horford and Josh Smith (if re-signed) they'll have the best front court in the league.

310Casper
01-02-2013, 02:49 PM
As a laker fan, i hope dwight leaves. And yes, I know i'm in the minority here.

Too many glaring holes in his game (offense, free throws). He's a shell of his former self, whether he ever returns to his old self.... time will tell. And even then, he will never be the #1 option on any dynasty. Throw in his circus drama and attitude, meh...not worth it.

Dwight, please leave. I'd rather the Lakers rebuild around a better player in the post-kobe era. He's a 6'11" better version of Ben Wallace, he's not ALL he's cracked up to be, at least will never be the #1 option on any dynasty in his lifetime.

tripleplay2007
01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Dallas, Atlanta, or Chicago (If the Bulls amnesty Boozer).

Horford and Howard would be sick af.

Healthy Rose and Dwight would be pretty damn awesome too.

Noah and Howard wouldn't allow anyone to drive.

310Casper
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Best case scenario for laker fans is if we all woke up sometime this week, flipped on ESPN to find out that Mitch Cupchak traded away Dwight and Gasol to different teams for a ton of valuable, younger, more athletic pieces that compliment D'Antoni's offense to a perfection.

This squad, as constructed stands like a 1.5% chance of beating an OKC or Miami in a 7 game series. They might not even make the playoffs.... Might as well get value for Dwight and Gasol while you still can. Otherwise next year you're stuck with an even worse and older Gasol, possibly no dwight, horrible bench, upset and pathetic coach, a disgruntled kobe, and perhaps nash retiring early. Just a trainwreck.

Even if dwight stays...its not enough. They need help. now.

macc
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
But he's also wasting a year with Dallas too. Dirk is making 20 some mill next year. So their out of the question too.

Houston needs to deal Asik to make it happen, but I dunno, he didn't want to go there last year, but who knows. It leaves Atlanta, which I think is the only realistic option outside of LA.

What are you talking about? Dallas is going to be waaaay under the cap next year. Dirk is the only player who has a max contract on their team next year (in his last year as well). Even this year they are 30 MILLION under what LA is right now.

Next year the only decent contract Dallas has is Marions (9.3 mil). The ONLY contracts on the books for them next year is Mayo who has a player opt 4.2 mil, Carter at 3.1 mil who the team has an option to wave him. Collison and Beaubois both at 3.2 mil and two rookies totalling under 2 mil.

Dallas has the potential to sign a max contract next year as well quality players around him, not to mention having Mayo, Marian, VC and Dirk.

LA will have a similiar situation 2 years from now, but not next year.

The Best Around
01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
I think it's in the middle but he will more likely come back. The Lakers will probably try to sell him on the idea of Kobe maybe retiring after next year. Things working in Lakers favor are more max money, endorsement deals, and people trashing him if he left.

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 02:59 PM
And only 7 shot attempts. Yes, you want your center to rebound and block, but Dwight wants to score, and giving him as few shots a game as he's been getting unde 'Antoni is not going encourage him to stay.

If fortunes don't change soon for the Lakers, they are going to have a hard time re-signing him.

Out of the 7 shot attempts he made 1. What do you reckon they do, just keep watching him miss easy shots?

Corey
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Howard Lowkey doesn't like Rose , people been saying the best spot for him but he says its too cold here and wants a place with championship pedigree ; that's why he chose Brooklyn .

lolwut? Championship pedigree?

When was the last time the Nets franchise won a title? Its been a decade since they were a real contender.

macc
01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Out of the 7 shot attempts he made 1. What do you reckon they do, just keep watching him miss easy shots?

Yes you feed the guy who is constantly in the top 3 in fg% year after year the ball. Who cares if he was 1-7. The greatest players have the worst shooting nights at times. You'll have a guy like Kobe go 1-7 in the first half and in the 2nd half go 10-12. Should you stop giving him shots as well?

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Yes you feed the guy who is constantly in the top 3 in fg% year after year the ball. Who cares if he was 1-7. The greatest players have the worst shooting nights at times. You'll have a guy like Kobe go 1-7 in the first half and in the 2nd half go 10-12. Should you stop giving him shots as well?

lol. So your saying that Dwight is a better scorer than Kobe? Your saying that if Dwight is having a terrible shooting night the Lakers should just keep feeding him the ball, even when Kobe (one of the greatest scorers ever) is shooting 60% and has like 25 in the 3rd? Come on man, be real. He couldnt hit anything. He is almost terrible on offense.

Corey
01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
lol. So your saying that Dwight is a better scorer than Kobe? Your saying that if Dwight is having a terrible shooting night the Lakers should just keep feeding him the ball, even when Kobe (one of the greatest scorers ever) is shooting 60% and has like 25 in the 3rd? Come on man, be real. He couldnt hit anything. He is almost terrible on offense.

Doesn't help that D'Antoni has no ****ing clue how to use Dwight properly.

beliges
01-02-2013, 03:23 PM

Dwight's shot attempts are down by 1 or 2 from his career averages. The Lakers problem is not Dwight getting enough shot attempts but rather Dwight being unable to rebound and defend like he should. Dwight's offensive game is severely lacking and.always has. The majority of his points came from offensive rebounds and dunks. The Lakers problems stem from the fact they have nobody that can consistently score outside of Kobe and coupled with the fact they are a terrible defensive team. They have become a live by the 3 and die by the 3 kind.of team and that will get them nowhere. Hope.still remains the front office makes the right decision and gets the right coach and gets rid of D Antoni before.the season officially becomes a throw away. I cannot imagine the buss family standing idle and giving up on the season by keeping Mike D as the head coach.

el hidalgo
01-02-2013, 03:30 PM
hes going to miami

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Dwight's shot attempts are down by 1 or 2 from his career averages. The Lakers problem is not Dwight getting enough shot attempts but rather Dwight being unable to rebound and defend like he should. Dwight's offensive game is severely lacking and.always has. The majority of his points came from offensive rebounds and dunks. The Lakers problems stem from the fact they have nobody that can consistently score outside of Kobe and coupled with the fact they are a terrible defensive team. They have become a live by the 3 and die by the 3 kind.of team and that will get them nowhere. Hope.still remains the front office makes the right decision and gets the right coach and gets rid of D Antoni before.the season officially becomes a throw away. I cannot imagine the buss family standing idle and giving up on the season by keeping Mike D as the head coach.

They are not going to fire 2 coaches in one season. Thats just not going to happen.

PraiseJesus
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
lol

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 03:55 PM
If Dwight Howard signs a contract with the L.A. Lakers after the season then yes he will remain a Laker. On the other hand, if Dwight Howard signs a contract with a different team he will no longer remain a Laker IMO.

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 03:55 PM
hes going to miami

Discounted!

PraiseJesus
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
If Dwight Howard signs a contract with the L.A. Lakers after the season then yes he will remain a Laker. On the other hand, if Dwight Howard signs a contract with a different team he will no longer remain a Laker IMO.

Yes. Exactly.

The Lakers strategy should be to score more points than the other team too

shep33
01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
What are you talking about? Dallas is going to be waaaay under the cap next year. Dirk is the only player who has a max contract on their team next year (in his last year as well). Even this year they are 30 MILLION under what LA is right now.

Next year the only decent contract Dallas has is Marions (9.3 mil). The ONLY contracts on the books for them next year is Mayo who has a player opt 4.2 mil, Carter at 3.1 mil who the team has an option to wave him. Collison and Beaubois both at 3.2 mil and two rookies totalling under 2 mil.

Dallas has the potential to sign a max contract next year as well quality players around him, not to mention having Mayo, Marian, VC and Dirk.

LA will have a similiar situation 2 years from now, but not next year.

Dirk is getting paid 23 mill next year. 22 mill this year. Dirk + Marion alone is 31 mill in contracts.

Mayo will definitely opt out to get more money. I think he'll stay with Dallas, but he's going to get paid more.

Just to add, Dallas has to be careful about who the sign next year as well, 2014's FA class is far superior to next years. CP3 ain't going nowhere, and you have a lot of inefficient players like Jennings, Tyreke, Monta, etc. who are FA's. But those dudes are still going to want long term deals

--23--
01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
I think he stays in LA, he should have came to the Bulls when he had the chance :punish:

Chill_Will_24
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Nope and according to Chad Ford Dwight still wants Brooklyn. I just hope Bk has the sense to not get sucked into this mess again. Chasing Dwight is the reason the Nets had to rush a roster together last minute and now are severely flawed as a team.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 04:32 PM

If Dwight wanted to win long term, he would for sure choose Houston. But I have no clue what Dwight's motivation is.

macc
01-02-2013, 04:33 PM

When did I say Dwight was better then Kobe? I don't know where you forum guys come up with this stuff. I said just because he's 1-7 doesn't mean you stop giving him the ball. His prior record of having the highest fg% in the entire league year after year is track record enough to show you that you don't stop going to him just because he's 1-7. Do you understand now because I don't think I can break it down anymore for you.

macc
01-02-2013, 04:37 PM

You really need to stop basing 100% of your opinions off of sports center highlight reels. Dwight has offensive game. I've watched 95% of the games he has played in since he came into the league. The guy can iso in the post, he's been doing that a few years now. 95% of Orlandos offense was dish the ball into Dwight, space out behind the 3 pt line and wait for Dwight to score, or wait for Dwight to get a double team so they can kick the ball out and drain the open 3.

So do me a favor, educate yourself, THEN comment.

ThunderousDemon
01-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Nope and according to Chad Ford Dwight still wants Brooklyn. I just hope Bk has the sense to not get sucked into this mess again. Chasing Dwight is the reason the Nets had to rush a roster together last minute and now are severely flawed as a team.

:rolleyes:

It's sad at this point, let it go.

DanG
01-02-2013, 04:42 PM

:sigh:

Former Magic teammate Ryan Anderson didn't see Dwight Howard ever really wanting to join Nets & always eyed Lakers

“From Dwight’s perspective, it didn’t seem like he wanted that too happen too much,’’ Anderson said of Howard joining the Nets. “From my understanding, that’s what it seemed like from everybody’s perspective (that Howard wanted to go to the Lakers).’’

Anderson, now with New Orleans, makes his return Wednesday to Orlando.

macc
01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Dirk is getting paid 23 mill next year. 22 mill this year. Dirk + Marion alone is 31 mill in contracts.

Mayo will definitely opt out to get more money. I think he'll stay with Dallas, but he's going to get paid more.

Just to add, Dallas has to be careful about who the sign next year as well, 2014's FA class is far superior to next years. CP3 ain't going nowhere, and you have a lot of inefficient players like Jennings, Tyreke, Monta, etc. who are FA's. But those dudes are still going to want long term deals

Yes but you made it sound like LA was in the same financial boat as Dallas which is 100% untrue. In 2 years that will be true, but next year it won't be. Dallas is in about as an ideal situation as you can be next year. Granted they have Dirks 22.7 mil on the books but that's not the worst thing in the world. They will still have money to sign a max player to match up with Dirk, then when Dirks contract is out he'll have the choice to sign back with Dallas at a very appeasing contract. He's 34 now, 35 next season, he's going to get a maybe 3 year contract (prob the 3rd year being a team opt) at 10 mil per year. That allows Dallas to have their max contract guy, a discounted Dirk and money to spend on other high quality guys in the 2014 season where as of right now they have less then 8 mill commited to salaries.

2014 is a very big free agent year. They'll "potentially" have Dwight Howard and money to pay another max contract to match up with Dwight and Dirk.

Dallas has done very well with their management when it comes to money. This is going to be a down year but at least they have big names to fill the arena. Then lots of money as soon as their contracts end at the end of this year.

Chill_Will_24
01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes:

It's sad at this point, let it go.

It's been let go. Please do not allow your frustrations with your team wash down on me. Did i say he is coming to the Nets? I said he is the reason we rushed into a bad roster.

You Lakers fans are so funny.

Chill_Will_24
01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
:sigh:

I do not understand what you are trying to tell me here. That Ryan thinks Howard always wanted to be a Laker? I guess maybe Anderson knows Howard better than Howard knows himself.

Anderson's opinion contradicts everything Howard said and everything that his agent was saying.

ThunderousDemon
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM
It's been let go. Please do not allow your frustrations with your team wash down on me. Did i say he is coming to the Nets? I said he is the reason we rushed into a bad roster.

You Lakers fans are so funny.

Frustrations?

I guess you know me more than I know myself because I feel no such thing.

It's been let go.

Yes, that's exactly why you brought it up, right?

Stunner
01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Best Places for him to go would be either Houston , ATL, Chicago or Cleveland .

Jarvo
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
He not about that life bruh.

RLundi
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Nope and according to Chad Ford Dwight still wants Brooklyn.

:eyebrow:

RLundi
01-02-2013, 05:36 PM

What don't you understand? Just because a player has a bad half doesn't mean you completely go away from him for the rest of the game. Make sense????

NBA_Starter
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
He gone.

themooseman13
01-02-2013, 06:00 PM
He's been better on defense lately, a lot better actually. Offensively he's been struggling. Spencer Hawes got the best of him yesterday. Spencer Hawes

He looked like a lost puppy out there......I thinks it's because....
When Kobe has the ball it's shoot
When Nash has the ball it's where's Pau where's Pau
When Pau has the ball he takes a Brick from the elbow
And Metta either takes a.corner 3 or finds Kobe

Dwight should go to a team with athletic guards and shooting wings
Mavs, Housten, Philly,

Tony_Starks
01-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Dwight will stay but mark my words if he stays, Antoni has to go. Even Mike Brown demanded that Bynum get the rock more. He's not leaving LA but they have to get a legit coach to keep him....

LOOTERX9
01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Considering Dwight never wanted to go there in 1st place and was forced there by that heart broken orlando franchise I say No way Dwight stays with lakers.

Sssmush
01-02-2013, 06:19 PM
DH hasn't proven to be much of a difference maker this year on the Lakers. He seems to be a nice player, but really not of the Lebron-Shaq-Kobe-Duncan-Wade-Durant caliber at all, not even near that echelon.

If he is a loyal Laker and wants to re-sign in LA, then I'm sure they make that happen. But if he randomly wants to go to Dallas or something for less money I'm sure the Lakers let that happen as well. It just doesn't seem to make that much of a difference either way. We could be starting Jordan Hill and Gasol together and likely get comparable production.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Howard could be a health risk to sign with any team really. Look how Bynum ended up this season?

Avenged
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I think he does stay but it wouldn't bother me at all if he left. The Lakers are positioning themselves nicely for free agency in 2014 having only Nash under contract after that.

You would assume they get Kobe back (if he doesn't retire) but as long as they aren't stupid enough to give him a fat contract again.

PraiseJesus
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
He looked like a lost puppy out there......I thinks it's because....
When Kobe has the ball it's shoot
When Nash has the ball it's where's Pau where's Pau
When Pau has the ball he takes a Brick from the elbow
And Metta either takes a.corner 3 or finds Kobe

Dwight should go to a team with athletic guards and shooting wings
Mavs, Housten, Philly,

hahahahahaha dead on

This is a man that understands whats going on with the Lakers.

rockbottom2010
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
the lakers are under .500 after 30 plus games....thats bad....real bad

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Lakers need depth with the new coach running and gunning. There to old to move.

Iron24th
01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I think he does stay but it wouldn't bother me at all if he left. The Lakers are positioning themselves nicely for free agency in 2014 having only Nash under contract after that.

You would assume they get Kobe back (if he doesn't retire) but as long as they aren't stupid enough to give him a fat contract again.

This.

People would love him to leave cause they already mad Lakers got him even if it doesnt work actually.

Cracka2HI!
01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
If he stays it might have to be for the money. If the Lakers don't really turn it around I don't see them looking like a team that can win a championship with the current roster.

Chill_Will_24
01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
:eyebrow:

It's just what is being reported. I honestly could care less. I am over the Nets more and more each day. I could care less what they do. They are capped out and mediocre for the next 4 years. They make horrible decisions and go from bad to worse.

Chill_Will_24
01-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Frustrations?

I guess you know me more than I know myself because I feel no such thing.

Yes, that's exactly why you brought it up, right?

I am not allowed to comment on what Chad Ford reported because i am a Nets fan? It's not like it's some no name reporter saying this. Like i said. I could care less. Just think it's interesting that this is being reported

PraiseJesus
01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
If he stays it might have to be for the money. If the Lakers don't really turn it around I don't see them looking like a team that can win a championship with the current roster.

Dwight would likely have 2014 in mind when the Lakers can sign a couple max guys

Htownballa1622
01-02-2013, 07:23 PM
If Dwight wanted to win long term, he would for sure choose Houston. But I have no clue what Dwight's motivation is.

Bingo.

Hawk is a smart man.

Dwight...ehhh... idk if he's so smart.:confused:

RLundi
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM
It's just what is being reported. I honestly could care less. I am over the Nets more and more each day. I could care less what they do. They are capped out and mediocre for the next 4 years. They make horrible decisions and go from bad to worse.

Idk, it's just something about the sniveling way you word it: "Dwight wants Brooklyn." :laugh2: Makes it sound as if you're clinging to some false sense of hope or something. It doesn't appear as if you still are (because at one point you were. I mean you really really were) but at this point, reporting what Dwight wants seems completely inconsequential.

Rlundi86 wants Brittany Snow ... nothing's happened. So no need for me to report it :)

AIRMAR72
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
only if tobe I meant kobe retires but the answer is NO

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 08:27 PM
When you have superstar who is in his prime, he should logically be the first option. But Kobe doesn't want to defer.

My guess, if this keeps up, he'll be in Brooklyn next year.

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 08:31 PM
When you have superstar who is in his prime, he should logically be the first option. But Kobe doesn't want to defer.

Why the **** should Kobe defer when he's having the best season of his career?? Defer?

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Why the **** should Kobe defer when he's having the best season of his career?? Defer?

It's not translating into wins now is it? Dwight would be the 1st option on any other team not in Miami or Oklahoma.

Kobe should play off Dwight and not vice versa.

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
It's not translating into wins now is it? Dwight would be the 1st option on any other team not in Miami or Oklahoma.

Kobe should play off Dwight and not vice versa.

gtfoh. You dont know what your talking about. There is a guy on the team having an MVP season, but he should defer.

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 08:37 PM
gtfoh. You dont know what your talking about. There is a guy on the team having an MVP season, but he should defer.

Perhaps Kobe is shooting more efficiently because of Dwights presence.

MVP season? He is shooting the Lakers out of games just as much as in games. That's not the kind of intangibles you need from an MVP.

And again, the wins.

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Perhaps Kobe is shooting more efficiently because of Dwights presence.

MVP season? He is shooting the Lakers out of games just as much as in games. That's not the kind of intangibles you need from an MVP.

And again, the wins.

lol. Wooow. Shooting the team out of games. Thats pretty ignorant being that his fg% is amongst the highest in the league for 2 guards

Cracka2HI!
01-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Dwight would likely have 2014 in mind when the Lakers can sign a couple max guys

The thing is they probably won't have cap space like most Laker fans think...if they re-sign Bryant. I think a lot of you assume you will get a sweat heart deal, but I highly doubt it. If Howard signs for $20 million and Kobe for $15 mil the Lakers won't have max cap space for even 1 player. They will probably have $10-$15 mil in cap space. Filling out the roster with minimum contracts didn't really work out for the Lakers this season and probably won't in 2014 either.

beliges
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Fairly typically of PSD it seems people are making comments on topics they are truly ignorant on. People who keep stating Dwight needs more shot attempts have clearly not watched too many Lakers games this season. Dwight looks terrible when he's given the chance offensively. His offensive arsenal is mediocre at best. Dwight needs to focus on defending and rebounding and his points will come. The problem with the Lakers is that there is nobody outside of Kobe that's showing up on a nightly basis. Couple that with the fact that the coaching is providing them no execution and you get a .500 team. I don't see pau or Mike D ending the season here. Kobe is once again forced to carry this team on his back offensively all by himself and that wont cut it. If pau or Dwight don't provide some help, the Lakers will likely miss the playoffs altogether.

ThunderousDemon
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM

:up: Good luck with that.

ThunderousDemon
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
The thing is they probably won't have cap space like most Laker fans think...if they re-sign Bryant. I think a lot of you assume you will get a sweat heart deal, but I highly doubt it. If Howard signs for $20 million and Kobe for $15 mil the Lakers won't have max cap space for even 1 player. They will probably have $10-$15 mil in cap space. Filling out the roster with minimum contracts didn't really work out for the Lakers this season and probably won't in 2014 either.

You are also assuming that Kobe doesn't retire.

There is no way in hell that Mitch gives a 36 year old Kobe a 15 million dollar contract if he decides to resign.

Almost everyone on the Lakers roster is off the books in 2014, the Lakers will have money to spend.

biglows27
01-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I always felt from day 1 that his heart is in Brooklyn, and some leaked reports have said thats were he wanted to go, and i felt he didnt mind the trade to la because it was out of orlando and its la... the only way hes stays if lakers make big playoff run which they might like always... if not i can see him bolting to the nets...i cant see the nets keeping lopez with or without there struggles... there gm was smart to atleast ink him knowing that they weren't Getting howard last off season .. when is the soonest the nets can trade lopez?

Cracka2HI!
01-02-2013, 09:34 PM
You are also assuming that Kobe doesn't retire.

There is no way in hell that Mitch gives a 36 year old Kobe a 15 million dollar contract if he decides to resign.

Almost everyone on the Lakers roster is off the books in 2014, the Lakers will have money to spend.

If that's the case they have even further to go. Sure they would have roughly $30 million in cap room then, which could yield them 2 max players and they would have a big 4 with Howard, Nash and the 2 FA's. Every other player on the team would be on a minimum deal. As bad as the Lakers are playing this sesaon I don't think that is a Championship formula either.

Keep in mind it is a virtual lock you will be replacing Bryant with a lesser player. I'm not talking about 2014 Bryant...I'm talking about now Bryant. Are there any FA's coming out in 2014 who are better than Bryant. I know LeBron is out there, but lets assume for once the Lakers don't get bailed out by the best player in the NBA....who would have to take a significant paycut(again) to sign with the Lakers.

Losoway
01-03-2013, 12:00 AM
he is def going to houston im almost 92 percent sure

the other 8percent says he gets traded for lopez

CAVEMAN5
01-03-2013, 12:15 AM
he will most likely leave in my opinion unless they win the title which i do not think will even come close

krisxsong
01-03-2013, 04:41 PM

It's cold in Brooklyn. And with the way Lopez has been playing(5th best PER in NBA), I don't know if they'd straight up trade Dwight for Lopez.

RLundi
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
It's cold in Brooklyn. And with the way Lopez has been playing(5th best PER in NBA), I don't know if they'd straight up trade Dwight for Lopez.

Lol they'd be complete fools to. Dwight right now is battling back from his surgery. The decision lies with Dwight about his future, not the Lakers. Of course they're going to try to keep him. But I sincerely doubt they trade him to the Nets for Brook Lopez. He's having a great year but still lacks rebounding and is not really a physical presence. Him together with Gasol seems redundant.

RLundi
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM

You are one angry little boy.

tripleplay2007
01-03-2013, 04:58 PM
nickdymez <3's Kobe

tripleplay2007
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM

What if Dwight and LeBron bolt to Cleveland to start a new super team? Lmao.

Dwight Howard
Anderson Varejao
LeBron James
Dion Waiters
Kyrie Irving

They have enough for 2 max contracts at the end of the season. I see a team with amazing rebounding, shooters, inside scorers, defense, just sick combo of youth and veterans. I think that would be a ****ing squad.

LakersMaster24
01-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Anyone want to make a bet? Loser leaves PSD.

Dwight will stay a Lakers, 100% for sure. I guarantee it.

CaptainClutch
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know EXACTLY what the Nets can do to get him? And at this point, do you even want him?

CaptainClutch
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
What if Dwight and LeBron bolt to Cleveland to start a new super team? Lmao.

Dwight Howard
Anderson Varejao
LeBron James
Dion Waiters
Kyrie Irving

They have enough for 2 max contracts at the end of the season. I see a team with amazing rebounding, shooters, inside scorers, defense, just sick combo of youth and veterans. I think that would be a ****ing squad.

After people burning LeBron's jersey and having a few friends back in Cleveland, they SAY they don't want him but i can IMAGINE them rushing to buy that Jersey again if he comes back

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 05:39 PM
You are one angry little boy.

im probably twice your age sport...

Verbal Christ
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
howard is so hyped. he never really led the magic. wont lead the lakers, and if i was kupchak i'd cut bait and try to take in a haul that will actually help them in the future. dwight is a second fiddle, not an alpha male.

TrueFan420
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM

That best season of his career has also led his team to a sub .500 record. Maybe he needs to scale it back a lil.

RLundi
01-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Sadly this is the truth, I think his back is really messed up and he needs a few more months to get right.

He told some reporters not too long ago that he had some nerve irritation and he can't feel his feet and at times.

I've seen Dwight miss more dunks/easy buckets this year than in his entire career.

Hope he gets better. I think he will, but he needs time, which is exactly what the Lakers are running out of

A grown man, doing the antics that you do?? Lol for your sake, I hope not. Your only saving grace at this point is that most posters pr

RLundi
01-04-2013, 01:54 AM

A grown man, doing the immature antics that you do?? Lol for your sake, I hope not. Your only saving grace at this point is that most posters probably think you're a junior in high school. At least that's what I think. Otherwise, they'd be going all anarchy on your ***. But no one wants to scar a child for life; like the late great Whitney once said, I believe you're our future :)

Ebbs
01-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Lol random story but I met a friend of Dwights today. He worked for the Magic over his tenure as team securtiy. Says Dwight is not happy. Will likely leave. He thinks Dallas. No I didn't make this up cuz I'm a Dallas fan don't want him at all.

UPRock
01-04-2013, 02:34 AM
I hate the Lakers but he's going to stay a Laker.

krisxsong
01-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Lol random story but I met a friend of Dwights today. He worked for the Magic over his tenure as team securtiy. Says Dwight is not happy. Will likely leave. He thinks Dallas. No I didn't make this up cuz I'm a Dallas fan don't want him at all.

Why would you not want to acquire the best big man in the game, bar none?

thenaj17
01-04-2013, 11:27 AM

I think you are overrating Houston by a ton. They have NO real all stars on that team. Harden will be borderline for the next few years but he's not that good. Outside of Harden they have NOTHING

nickdymez
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
A grown man, doing the immature antics that you do?? Lol for your sake, I hope not. Your only saving grace at this point is that most posters probably think you're a junior in high school. At least that's what I think. Otherwise, they'd be going all anarchy on your ***. But no one wants to scar a child for life; like the late great Whitney once said, I believe you're our future :)

says the guy name calling... lmao:rolleyes:

Backstabber
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Doubt he stays, D'Antoni's style of basketball doesn't suit him.

Sinattle
01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Wish he'd start playing like it's a contract year

Htownballa1622
01-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I think you are overrating Houston by a ton. They have NO real all stars on that team. Harden will be borderline for the next few years but he's not that good. Outside of Harden they have NOTHING

No need for anything else other than this.

:facepalm:

Verbal Christ
01-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Asinine.

Rapsfanforlife
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I know its not going to happen, but I'd love to see him in Toronto. Lowry, Derozan, Val, Ed Davis, and Howard...along with Calderon etc etc would be a pretty amazing team if they were able to work together.