PDA

View Full Version : What happens first? Nets find a replacement for PJ or Lakers Fire D'Antoni?

nyKnicks126
01-02-2013, 11:42 AM
What happens first? Will the Nets find a replacement for PJ? or will the Lakers Fire D'Antoni first?

DanG
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Lakers will not fire d'antoni.

SteBO
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
No way D'Antoni gets canned this season....it makes no sense for them financially.

nyKnicks126
01-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Mike D'Antoni is obviously not fitting the team. If Kobe wants him out he will get his wish.. Trust me..

nyKnicks126
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Some interim coaches find permanent jobs.. Like Woodson, and Scott Brooks even though he was considered an assistant coach.

macc
01-02-2013, 11:51 AM
D'Antone is not going to get fired. Lakers will save face and keep him on. They need to get younger, the coach isn't the problem.

BALLER R
01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
D'Antone is not going to get fired. Lakers will save face and keep him on. They need to get younger, the coach isn't the problem.

He is if he's trying to play a faster pace. His style doesn't suit his players.

macc
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
He is if he's trying to play a faster pace. His style doesn't suit his players.

First off, this is the NBA. The key to successful basketball is pushing the ball and tempo of the game. Just because the players are old doesn't mean D'Antone is going to have them walk the ball up the court every time down, that just makes your offense that much harder to run because you're not getting easy opportunies while the defense is still trying to get in place.

This is simple basketball knowlege. Lakers are struggling because Kobe 34 Gasol 32 Jamison 36 Nash 38 Metta 33 aren't getting any younger. It doesn't matter which coach is there, they are still going to tire out towards the end playing heavy min.

Outside of Jamison they don't have a 6-7th man who can come in and push the pace or put up some points. Their bench is extrememly weak so therefore their old guys have to play all those min each game.

JerseyPalahniuk
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
D'Antonini. Barring a terrible rest of the season (below .400 winning percentage), the Nets are most likely going to keep PJ for the rest of the season. They want a big name coach and most of them won't want to sign on mid-season. Just hope whatever panic moves Billy King makes will fit in with the new coach's style.

Ladies Man
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
This is dumb. If the Lakers actually fired D'Antoni during this season then I got nothing else to say

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Some interim coaches find permanent jobs.. Like Woodson.

I think Woodson was brough in because they were expecting to get rid of 'Antoni before the end of the season. I mean, the Knicks when out and hire him as an 'assistant' and told 'Antoni that he would be running the defensive end of things.

The writing was on the wall there.

But yeah, some interim coaches end up sticking around. PJ was a head coach befofe. I expect the Nets might stick with him until the end of the season before they really start looking for a new coach as the best guys available have said outright that they don't want the job right now.

as for how impractical firing 'Antoni might seem, it is bound to happen. It is the new year and this team is still below .500. How much longer is the ownership going to let this happen? They fired Brown after five games. How much longer of a rope do you expect them to give 'Antoni. Lakers ownership expect results yesterday!

king4day
01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't get why so many people think D'Antoni will get fired so soon. Maybe after next season but they aren't going to give him a long term deal without a chance for it to succeed.

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't get why so many people think D'Antoni will get fired so soon. Maybe after next season but they aren't going to give him a long term deal without a chance for it to succeed.

This season is a trial run for Dwight. They HAVE to win now. If 'Antoni isn't getting the job done, then they NEED to bring somebody it to make it happen, because if it doesn't, LAL will lose Howard in free-agency and then they will suck for several seasons and not have any draft picks to build with while they are sucking.

dtmagnet
01-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Do you think keeping the D out of D'Antoni's name is clever? Because it isn't.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
D'Antoni will not be fired. It's more than basketball for Jimmy Bus, it's about doing things his way. He'll go down in flames with this bum unfortunately....

Everymanalion
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I really hope the Lakers fire Mike, was NEVER good fit....Fire D'antoni, Hire Sloan. Win-Win.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I really hope the Lakers fire Mike, was NEVER good fit....Fire D'antoni, Hire Sloan. Win-Win.

Isn't it crazy how (some) Laker and Knick fans are now finding a common ground? It's like "damn I feel your pain man, good luck with THAT guy!"