PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant- "We are old as ****"

Everymanalion
01-02-2013, 11:19 AM
"Cause we're old as s---," said the 34-year-old Bryant when asked why a lack of energy has been a problem for L.A. all season. "What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don't have that energy. We got to change things up a little bit defensively. We got to figure out what we want to do offensively, figure out what we want to do on nights when we don't have those legs or have that energy."

Time for Pau trades to be looked at for more youth now?

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 11:28 AM
I thought they had a dream team... Knicks are older but they are rolling

BALLER R
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM

Knicks aren't older

DanG
01-02-2013, 11:35 AM
D'Antoni's system doesn't fit at all for us. We are too old to play this type of basketball.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
well, Dwight isn't moving around like he was before his injury, Pau is dealing with injuries and age, Nash is nearly 40, and they are not a very athletic team. But they should be winning games on experience, and controlling pace. Dwight will get stronger throughout the year, and that will help them big time. But right now, Kobe is right, and they will struggle with super athletic teams for now. When Dwight is healthier, he will be able to cover up the slower perimeters defense.

NYJ - NYY
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Knicks aren't older

Knicks are the oldest team in the league my man I think in nba history to tell you the truth not 100% sure on that one

yankeesown69
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Knicks aren't older

Yes they are...oldest team in the league

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
howard was supposed to be back around this time.. so give it time. lakers will be just fine.

BleedGreen1014
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
They should've traded pau when his value was still high, I feel like they won't get **** for him now.

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Knicks aren't older

Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Sheed, Kurt Thomas, Prigioni are all 35 or older (3 of the 4 oldest players in the NBA). Only one player under the age of 24. I think they are older

JiffyMix88
01-02-2013, 11:46 AM
HAHA @ Lakers

Bigbadmoffo
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah but only Kidd starts and camby shouldn't even count. Lakers have an older starting five with a shallow bench.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Sucks having an old team doesn't it?

Good thing for us is that Duncan and Manu found the fountain of youth.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 11:58 AM

they found the fountain of middle age, and don't forget, Pops knows how to keep his guys rested.

SwatTeam
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I knew Dwight would not come back the same this season after they operated on his back. Every orthopedic medical textbook out there says operation for herniated discs should be your LAST resort - and this is for normal everyday people like you and me. The fact that they had to operate on his back was a bad sign from the beginning. He just played it down because he wanted to retain whatever perceived value he has on the market.

BSardogan
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
they found the fountain of middle age, and don't forget, Pops knows how to keep his guys rested.

Exactly, Popovich is the reason.

If Popovich had been the coach of this Lakers team you could almost guarantee they would've gone into the playoffs rested, well-oiled and probably even with the best record in the league.

MackShock
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

i thought i could shed some light on this. dont know how true it is but it was just a simple google search.

Just click on age twice (first will go youngest to oldest), and NYK will pop up first.

The next two teams will surprise you as the Lakers are at #4.

Lakers have no excuse now that teams 2 and 3 are doing so well.

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM

knicks lost like 5 of their last 8 lol

MackShock
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Knicks are the oldest team in the league my man I think in nba history to tell you the truth not 100% sure on that one

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/knicks/2012/10/03/new-york-knicks-oldest-roster-jason-kidd-kurt-thomas/1609805/

case closed

macc
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm not a coach, so I'm not going to pretend to be, but if the Lakers are getting tired towards the end of the game then why don't they use Dwight more? Last night the guy only had 7 shots! If you're tired, just do what orlando did for stretches of the game. Pound the ball to Dwight and sit back and wait for an open jumper once he gets doubled.

Use Dwight as the workhorse on offense. That alone would save the lakers from over extending themself on offense.

KnickaBocka.44
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
The Knicks are old as dirt, but the difference between the two teams is that the Knicks don't rely on their old guys to produce like the Lakers do. Melo, JR, Felton, Chandler, and Amare are all 30 or younger. Kidd has been playing a lot of minutes but aside from him none of the golden oldies play more than about 15 minutes per game.

The Lakers, aside from Dwight, have starters that are 32 (Pau), 33 (MWP), 34 (Kobe) and 38 (Nash). Jamison is also 36 and he has been relied on to pay 20+ minutes for them off the bench.

naps
01-02-2013, 12:44 PM
True, they are old as ****. He knows what's up. Where is that Laker fan from turkey (basketballfan4life?) who I sig-ed for a while saying "No team stand a chance against us, not even OKC and Miami"? :laugh2:

SwatTeam
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
True, they are old as ****. He knows what's up. Where is that Laker fan from turkey (basketballfan4life?) who I sig-ed for a while saying "No team stand a chance against us, not even OKC and Miami"? :laugh2:

He's worried about Syria next door. No time to watch his team get blown out like Hugh Hefner.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Knicks aren't older

who you tryin' to fool?

49erGiantLaker
01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Funny sig op. lol

Lakerfan In NY
01-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Knicks are the oldest team bc they have the top 3 or 4 of the NBA oldest player on their rosters so their team average age is inflated but other than Kidd, they don't play many minutes. What's the oldest starting five, is a better question?

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Kobe's a funny guy.

ztilzer31
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM

Till the playoffs start.

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
knicks lost like 5 of their last 8 lol

Didn't notice that... they SUCK :mad:

I mean missing Melo, Felton, Sheed for a couple of games is no excuse, working Amare back into the mix is also no excuse, working Camby in is also no excuse. A starting lineup of Chandler, Thomas, White, Brewer, & Kidd with JR Smith & Copeland trying to carry the scoring load is much better than what every other team has... :facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Knicks are the oldest team bc they have the top 3 or 4 of the NBA oldest player on their rosters so their team average age is inflated but other than Kidd, they don't play many minutes. What's the oldest starting five, is a better question?

The Lakers is the answer to that question. And I think followed by The Celtics then Knicks.

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM

Jason Kidd & Kurt Thomas have both started multiple games this year... Camby has been getting minutes also & Sheed & Prigioni both get quality minutes.

Knicks are older than the Lakers dude

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
That will be a great line to include in their recruitment session with Dwight when his contract expires at the end of the season ;-)

Seriously, I don't think it is because they are old, i think it's because 'Antoni is playing these guys so many minutes. Kobe is 4th in the league in minutes per game right now. That is crazy! Why is he on the floor so much? He'd have more energy if 'Antoni let him rest once in a while.

And Dwight has regularily been leading the team in minutes played since 'Antoni came in. Pau and MWP are both get aroudn 34 minutes a game... I mean, isn't this why the Lakers brought in Jamison and resigned Hill so they could get these gusy some rest?

Lakers aren't as old as the Knick and the Knicks are winning games. Of course, the Knicks actually have a head coach that knows what he's doing on both ends of the floor and actually lets his starters rest a little.

Kobe played 42 minutes last night. Dwight almost 39. Nash and Gasol around 36. How much energy do you expect these guys to have when they play that many minutes?

shep33
01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Jason Kidd & Kurt Thomas have both started multiple games this year... Camby has been getting minutes also & Sheed & Prigioni both get quality minutes.

Yeah but your also way deeper than us.

FreakaNashur
01-02-2013, 02:12 PM
knicks lost 3 straight. that's not rolling. still doing better than LAL doe

KnickaBocka.44
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
knicks lost 3 straight. that's not rolling. still doing better than LAL doe

2 straight. Lost 3 out of the last 4 though

Chronz
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Did you really just say Camby has been getting minutes?

They might be older but who plays their older guys more? Seems to me like the Lakers are older because their young guys suck (save for Hill)

RLundi
01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
:)

tripleplay2007
01-02-2013, 03:14 PM
D'Antoni's system doesn't fit at all for us. We are too old to play this type of basketball.

Should have dished out the cash for Phil Jackson.

DoMeFavors
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I have a feeling Nash retires in June
Kobe retires in 2014
Gasol is already traded before this summer
Dwight never gets back to his old self
And lakers hit the lottery for the next 4-5 seasons

bucketss
01-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Kobe retires in 2014

LOL! i wish man unlikely though it would be good for all this to happen so that team can lose all the kobephiles and bandwaggon fans.

VicTheWizard
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Kobe needs to just shut up and play, Kobe was the one who wanted Nash, and wanted to keep Pau, Dwight is only 27, and if Kobe Knew they were so old, then why did he approve the D'antoni hiring?, anyone should know that D'antoni system is not gonna be as effective with an old team, This is what Kobe wanted, The Lakers have done everything to please him more than any other team in the nba has ever done for their star player, there's 29 other teams in the league with less talent than the Lakers, and yet Kobe still complains more than any other player in the league.

Bruno
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM
well, Dwight isn't moving around like he was before his injury, Pau is dealing with injuries and age, Nash is nearly 40, and they are not a very athletic team. But they should be winning games on experience, and controlling pace. Dwight will get stronger throughout the year, and that will help them big time. But right now, Kobe is right, and they will struggle with super athletic teams for now. When Dwight is healthier, he will be able to cover up the slower perimeters defense.

x2. i'm just afraid that Howard won't be able to get back to this level, this season. he was supposed to come back yesterday, based off his initial projection. he came back too soon.

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
6-13 when Kobe scores more than 30 points. Maybe if he stop being a ball hog they Lakers would win. He's the reason

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Didn't notice that... they SUCK :mad:

I mean missing Melo, Felton, Sheed for a couple of games is no excuse, working Amare back into the mix is also no excuse, working Camby in is also no excuse. A starting lineup of Chandler, Thomas, White, Brewer, & Kidd with JR Smith & Copeland trying to carry the scoring load is much better than what every other team has... :facepalm:

Lol

GermanLakersFan
01-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Yes they are...oldest team in the league

Because of their bench, but Lakers starters are the oldest starting line-up. Maybe Spurs but that's the only team that gets close. Spurs therefore have a smart coach. we're old and pringles coaches us -.-

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah but your also way deeper than us.

Kobe needs to just shut up and play, Kobe was the one who wanted Nash, and wanted to keep Pau, Dwight is only 27, and if Kobe Knew they were so old, then why did he approve the D'antoni hiring?, anyone should know that D'antoni system is not gonna be as effective with an old team, This is what Kobe wanted, The Lakers have done everything to please him more than any other team in the nba has ever done for their star player, there's 29 other teams in the league with less talent than the Lakers, and yet Kobe still complains more than any other player in the league.

I agree with everything your'e saying but he only approved of Mike D because he had too. He actually wanted Phil Jackson. Everything else you said was A1

ThunderousDemon
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Kobe retires in 2014

:laugh2:

This is the Lakers we're talking about. Free agency is just around the corner, 2014 is when the Lakers will have a ton of cap space.

lol,
"I have a feeling"

HouRealCoach
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
What does that say about the warriors lol..curry thompson lee bogut..whitest starting lineup on opening night

What does it say about Pekovic, Love, AK47, Schved, & Ridnour? lol

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Exactly, Popovich is the reason.

If Popovich had been the coach of this Lakers team you could almost guarantee they would've gone into the playoffs rested, well-oiled and probably even with the best record in the league.

The only problem is that the Lakers don't have the depth the Spurs do that would allow them to rest their star players in the regular season and still win.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Lakers are old but a coach that actually adjusted to the attributes of the team would have them playing respectable ball..... This is a farce!

YungDaSensai
01-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Laker management screwed the team out of any chance of winning a championship. I mean the coach just doesn't fit the team, can't win with that guy not to say he's a bad coach..... But all of us can see his system doesn't fit the squad. With all that said, the playoffs is a different ball game.... Make it and anything is possible.

Avenged
01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
No excuses, Kobe. If you can't keep up with the NBA schedule, and a full season then hang them up. Lakers could use that cap.

MackShock
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
What does it say about Pekovic, Love, AK47, Schved, & Ridnour? lol

Not the starting lineup for opening night but now damnnnnnn thats cray. Dont forget rubio when hes back.

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
More excuses from Kobe. Look in the mirror, no. 24. Pass the damn rock.

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Lack of depth is also a lame excuse. You don't develope your bench if ya don't play 'em.

The reason why guys like Gary Neal, Tiago Splitter, Danny Green and even BONNER! are useful players is because Pop plays these guys.

AIRMAR72
01-02-2013, 07:49 PM

I fully agreed with your post, Tobe CRYant ask for these guys and tobe is NOW crying wolf again his WILL to win is so FAKE he is only player in league history to SCORE in bunches and the team still lose the game he needs to SHUT UP and stop whining to the media AND MAKE YOUR TEAMMATES better FAKE ratface ball hogging leader who only cares about being like JORDAN

bucketss
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM
:laugh2:

This is the Lakers we're talking about. Free agency is just around the corner, 2014 is when the Lakers will have a ton of cap space.

lol,

i hope you guys sign Amare and Joe johnson type free agent busts:)

More-Than-Most
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Man I like Kobe but wish he would just shut up. Just play....Ignore these kinds of questions and play.... This does nothing for the lakers.

D-Leethal
01-02-2013, 08:06 PM
If you account for minutes played the Lakers are older. 4 out of their top 5 guys are over 34, guys that play most minutes for them. If Metta started that would be 80% of their starting lineup. Knicks big minute guys are all 30 and under except Kidd. You never really see more than 2 of our old guys on the court together for very long.

MackShock
01-02-2013, 09:09 PM
More excuses from Kobe. Look in the mirror, no. 24. Pass the damn rock.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72dejiQN71qd54l3o1_500.jpg

AnthonyTyrael
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72dejiQN71qd54l3o1_500.jpg

That's why you need 11 role players.

evadatam5150
01-02-2013, 10:11 PM

Dream Team on paper... :clap:

Nightmare on the court... :speechless:

pd1dish
01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Sheed, Kurt Thomas, Prigioni are all 35 or older (3 of the 4 oldest players in the NBA). Only one player under the age of 24. I think they are older

in the Lakers defense, though, their starting 5 is really old. the Knicks starting 5 is relatively young. they have bench depth that is old. i mean Kidd starts but Felton is still getting more minutes

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Till the playoffs start.

Huh? Didnt the Spurs win 10 straight in the PO?

Tim or Manu havent looked this good in years

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-03-2013, 12:07 AM

Wouldnt finding a fountain of "middle age" make them older and worse?

97NYer
01-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Knicks aren't older

The Knicks are the oldest team in NBA history, nice try though. :clap:

kblo247
01-03-2013, 03:12 AM
I think the bigger problem is they are slow. People can say the Knocks are old but if you put the two starting 5s in a foot race, Kobe is winning and Brewers, Kidd, Melo, Felton would all be behind him. Nash would be behind them with Dwight and Metta trailing, and Pau stuck at half court.

Their biggest hole is they are painfully slow when Pau plays. They were much better when he was out and it was Metta at the 4 or Metta was the sole bench 4, but the problem is Hill has played well so he deserves minutes, and they will lose Pau outright if they bench him like they should because he doesn't belong ahead of Metta or Hill at the 4 in the depth chart.

The first step is getting rid of Pau and the second is taking their youth aside from Hill and Meeks and getting actual talent. Morris, Ebanks, Clark, Duhon, Blake they got to get rid of it all and to so that they will have to be creative.

ThunderousDemon
01-03-2013, 03:50 AM
No excuses, Kobe. If you can't keep up with the NBA schedule, and a full season then hang them up. Lakers could use that cap.

:)

ThunderousDemon
01-03-2013, 03:51 AM
i hope you guys sign Amare and Joe johnson type free agent busts:)

Dwight is a laker:dance::superman::dance2:

kblo247
01-03-2013, 05:53 AM
I should point out it was a joke when he said that in the interview. Espn spin it but the interview video shows him jokingly replying that, not bitterly and not complaining

http://youtu.be/5QpUmBc6sSQ

thenaj17
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

i thought i could shed some light on this. dont know how true it is but it was just a simple google search.

Just click on age twice (first will go youngest to oldest), and NYK will pop up first.

The next two teams will surprise you as the Lakers are at #4.

Lakers have no excuse now that teams 2 and 3 are doing so well.

The young players of Lakers don't play at all except Darius Morris. Ebanks, Earl Clark and Sacre are included in that average and they don't play.

The important Heat (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers) and Clippers (CP3, Griffin, Jordan) are young and athletic.

Those stats are extremely hollow in terms of meaning

Pluvious
01-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Lakers are old but a coach that actually adjusted to the attributes of the team would have them playing respectable ball..... This is a farce!

They've won 6 of 8...including a blowout of Portland and wins over the Warriors and Knicks.