PDA

View Full Version : Should Bargnani go to Dallas?

JiffyMix88
01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
The reason I ask is he has a lot of comparisons to Dirk in Dirk's first couple of seasons. Too soft, doesn't play defense and only a jump shooting big man. I think spending time with Dirk could really bring out his potential as Dirk has completely transformed his game since 2005-2006 season.

heyman321
01-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Um. Dirk actually rebounded when he was younger

TheNumber37
01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Dirk Was/Is a better rebounder, shooter, scorer.

TheNumber37
01-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Bargnani needs to go to a team that has a dominant big and play stretch 4, OR he needs to be a great 6th man.
Lakers
Spurs
Denver

JiffyMix88
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Um. Dirk actually rebounded when he was younger

Okay? Thanks for looking at one stat and pointing that out and forgetting how Dirk used to play... A BIG SOFT SEVEN FOOTER, which is exactly how Bargnani is perceived right now.

Jtirado16
01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't want to see him in Laker Purple & Gold.... This Guy is terrible even worse than Pau which would be who we would give up

Necrosis
01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
He has played bad this year, however, it is clear that when engaged he is an elite scorer. Last year until he was injured he was playing fantastic, and can do more then shoot. He is a good passer although tends to think score when he touches the rock. He can put the ball on the floor, is elite among big men for this when getting to the rim. He can post up and he can spot up shoot. It really is all about focus for him, if you can get him going and playing hard he is borderline all-star, if not, he looks lazy and disinterested.

cdnsportsfan
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Bargnani needs to go to a team that has a dominant big and play stretch 4, OR he needs to be a great 6th man.
Lakers
Spurs
Denver

This. Send him to a team with a dominant 5 and he can create difficulties with his height and his ability to shoot the 3 ball. That being said he's having a down year so it may take some convincing by the Raptors to get any trading partner to believe he can return to form. Last year however he was definitely on, and can be of value if he can return to that level.

We'll see where he ends up if anywhere, I'm sure someone will take him but if the return isn't great enough for Colangelo, I wouldn't be amazed to see Toronto use their amnesty...worst case scenario probably, but I don't think BC wants Bargs coming back and messing around with what is working right now - even if it is just wins over weaker teams during an easier stretch of schedule they're still winning. And on top of that heard that the Raps wants to free up money as well.

heyman321
01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Okay? Thanks for looking at one stat and pointing that out and forgetting how Dirk used to play... A BIG SOFT SEVEN FOOTER, which is exactly how Bargnani is perceived right now.

Okay? Thanks for showing your lack of knowledge. You obviously didn't watch the Mavs when Dirk was young then chump. He regularly ran the break, rebounded, and did putbacks with Nash in Nellie Ball. He wasn't percieved as "soft" until Nash left and he was looked at as the focal point of the offense, when he knew how to do nothing but post up fadeaways, which in reality is what he still does but he just won a championship because of it, so that "soft" label is gone. And he has always rebounded -- about ~ 9 per game until these recent years because he is old now.

Bargnani has no heart period. He doesn't even make an effort to rebound or guard his man, particularly on pick and roll switches. Nor does he run back on defense, when the other team gets a turnover he just says "**** it" and stays on the other end, and when he helps he either overcommits or stays in the middle.

And that's just his defense. His offense is ballstopping jump shots.

dayman
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
This. Send him to a team with a dominant 5 and he can create difficulties with his height and his ability to shoot the 3 ball. That being said he's having a down year so it may take some convincing by the Raptors to get any trading partner to believe he can return to form. Last year however he was definitely on, and can be of value if he can return to that level.

We'll see where he ends up if anywhere, I'm sure someone will take him but if the return isn't great enough for Colangelo, I wouldn't be amazed to see Toronto use their amnesty...worst case scenario probably, but I don't think BC wants Bargs coming back and messing around with what is working right now - even if it is just wins over weaker teams during an easier stretch of schedule they're still winning. And on top of that heard that the Raps wants to free up money as well.

Why do people bring up amnesty.

The guy has value (even though it is at an all time low right now). He is a pure scorer and doesn't do much else. When he's feeling it he is lights out, but when he's not he just looks terrible and becomes detrimental to the teams ability to win games and even stay in games at times.

Trade rumors keep circulating, but I don't see Bargnani coming back after his injury and playing well enough to garner a trade. This is why I think nothing gets done until the season is over. Casey will use him as a 6th man, coming off the bench and hopefully he either takes to the new role or his value increases to the point where it makes sense to trade him.

Edit - And yes, I realize you said "worst case scenario"

TO Rapz
01-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Sure. As long as we get a respectable return for the future and he's gone, I don't care.

JiffyMix88
01-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Okay? Thanks for showing your lack of knowledge. You obviously didn't watch the Mavs when Dirk was young then chump. He regularly ran the break, rebounded, and did putbacks with Nash in Nellie Ball. He wasn't percieved as "soft" until Nash left and he was looked at as the focal point of the offense, when he knew how to do nothing but post up fadeaways, which in reality is what he still does but he just won a championship because of it, so that "soft" label is gone. And he has always rebounded -- about ~ 9 per game until these recent years because he is old now.

Bargnani has no heart period. He doesn't even make an effort to rebound or guard his man, particularly on pick and roll switches. Nor does he run back on defense, when the other team gets a turnover he just says "**** it" and stays on the other end, and when he helps he either overcommits or stays in the middle.

And that's just his defense. His offense is ballstopping jump shots.

Ok he was seen as a Jump shooting bigman with no post game and no defense. I'm not looking to make this a huge comparison by the numbers I'm going by the LABEL which is the same label Bargnani is receiving.

All I'm saying here is if there is a team that can change him I think Dallas would be able to do the job especially with Dirk there to take him under his wings and have a mini Dirk for the future.

nyKnicks126
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Trade Amar'e and Felton for Calderon and Bargs..

thedfactor
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I don't think it's an ideal situation for him to play in Dallas. Like some have said he would be best as a scorer off the bench or stretch four next to a solid center who is strong on defense. I actually think a great fit for him would be in New York next to Chandler and they could work something sending Amare out to Toronto where he may fit better than with the Knicks and Melo.

Bellz
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Trade Amar'e and Felton for Calderon and Bargs..

No thank you

bucketss
01-02-2013, 12:39 PM
please take him.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I dont get this thread, you want him to play with Dirk because he shoots 3's like him? What do you mean completely transformed his game?

To answer the question, no he shouldn't because it would mean Cuban was dumb enough to trade for his contract. Why would you want a really poor mans version of your best player? Why not get someone who compliments that star, particularly at that price.

dalton749
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
he can go anywhere he wants as long as its not toronto.
let him go pretend like he could be an allstar for a short stretch somewhere else before his shipment of primo pasta and sauce comes in and he goes back to being a lazy bastard

bucketss
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
No thank you

you would must be high not to take that.

C_Mund
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
you would must be high not to take that.

No way. If we're that desperate to get rid of Andrea I'd just wait until the season is over and amnesty him. I'd rather cut losses than trade an awful contract for one that has the potential to be way worse.

bucketss
01-02-2013, 02:08 PM
No way. If we're that desperate to get rid of Andrea I'd just wait until the season is over and amnesty him. I'd rather cut losses than trade an awful contract for one that has the potential to be way worse.

i think he was a knicks fan, it would be stupid for the knicks not to take that imo.

DallasTrilla23
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Hell No.

We're bad enough at rebounding as it is

Bob_at_york
01-02-2013, 03:08 PM
If Dirk was leaving the team then I would understand this thinking but I don't get how he would fit in beside Dirk.

spreadeagle
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Marion Collison for Bargs Calderon

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Bargnani does everything Dirk does, just not as well. Comparisons to Dirk are understandable, because, just as a Corvette and Chevette both have four wheels and are made by Chevy and have "vette" in their name, they have certain similarities. they are both 7 feet tall and don't play center? They are both from Europe. They both shoot a lot. But that said, Dirk is clearly the corvette in this analogy :-)

dalton749
01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Bargnani does everything Dirk does, just not as well. Comparisons to Dirk are understandable, because, just as a Corvette and Chevette both have four wheels and are made by Chevy and have "vette" in their name, they have certain similarities. they are both 7 feet tall and don't play center? They are both from Europe. They both shoot a lot. But that said, Dirk is clearly the corvette in this analogy :-)

actually dirk is a used volkswagen and bargani is a ferari sitting on bricks with dick head spray painted across the now removed hood exposing an engineless chasis.

heyman321
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
actually dirk is a used volkswagen and bargani is a ferari sitting on bricks with dick head spray painted across the now removed hood exposing an engineless chasis.

omg LMAO!! I couldn't breathe after reading that

DeRaptor95
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM

loool

dalton749
01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
guys its not funny hes ruining our team

Aleksandar
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM

I'm driving a used Audi(German manufacturer like volkswagen). 13 years old and still doing just fine. Much better than Italian or Franch trash, which becomes useless after 5-6 years

dalton749
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm driving a used Audi(German manufacturer like volkswagen). 13 years old and still doing just fine. Much better than Italian or Franch trash, which becomes useless after 5-6 years

that was the point. the used volkswagen may be in rough shape but its still serviceable and will get the job done even if its not what it used to be.
the ferrari though, it has the potential to be a very good car but its currently a worthless piece of **** that nobody wants to take the time and effort to fix because they dont want to be that ******** aka colangelo to be seen with it...or something like that
metaphors..