PDA

View Full Version : CAVS fanbase during the LeBron era:

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 09:26 PM
what did you think about them when LeBron was there? I remember them being the most passionate fanbase in the NBA during that time besides probably LA fans. They had the best home court in the NBA at the time,. Were they big on PSD?

king4day
01-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I think there were a few more than we see now but what can you expect. Your star abandons you and you go from perennial title contender to lottery favorites in a single offseason.

The Suns had a big following on PSD until Amar'e left. Then it started slowing down. It would and will happen to any team in the same situation.

JasonJohnHorn
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
There are some bad homer fans for certain teams right now that can be annoying (obviously not all fans of a given team are annoying, but some annoying fans can be very vocal). I don't remember any Cavs fans going on in an annoying manner when the Cavs were winning. They seemed more hopeful than arrogant.

JordansBulls
01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
I think there were a few more than we see now but what can you expect. Your star abandons you and you go from perennial title contender to lottery favorites in a single offseason.

The Suns had a big following on PSD until Amar'e left. Then it started slowing down. It would and will happen to any team in the same situation.

Well I think the Bulls have been the most consistent of teams that have been bad and good that still have a good following no matter what and you can tell that by the sellouts the team had even after the MJ era when we were 15-67 and 17-65 and still sold out all of our games.

J4KOP99
01-01-2013, 09:39 PM
La fans and "passion" have not been used in the same sentence since about 2001

JerseyPalahniuk
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Well I think the Bulls have been the most consistent of teams that have been bad and good that still have a good following no matter what and you can tell that by the sellouts the team had even after the MJ era when we were 15-67 and 17-65 and still sold out all of our games.

I think the thread is primarily about PSD fans.

seikou8
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM

not the ny knicks:D

SwatTeam
01-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Sometimes, when Kyrie Irving is playing at home, you can see Prime Iverson in the stands bopping his head to "Birthday Song" by 2 Chainz.

tdg823
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I live in Canton, the fans were rabid when he was in town. It's because Cleveland might be the major sports city most desperate for a championship, the most jinxed. Even when they get close or have really good teams, something happens. This has been all 3 sports for like 50 years. People are desperate and hungry, the fanbase is solid and loyal (especially football), but man I feel for them. Lebron (for reasons that can be debated), you just knew he'd get a ring sooner or later. This was their curse finally being broken (Think red sox a few years back, maybe bigger but in a samller market) by a local hero nonetheless. It was more perfect than a disney movie. People had waited YEARS for this. So yeah, they were fanatical, they had like serious underlying psychological motivations for their fanaticism.

Knowledge
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM

not the ny knicks:D

You guys have what? 9-10 million people in NYC alone? It can't be hard to find 100,000 with nothing to do on any given day. :)

WickedBadMan
01-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Never were a lot on PSD, went from a handful to 1 or 2.

And obviously some "became" Heat fans I imagine.

spreadeagle
01-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Its funny when Bron leaves Cle and all there fans leave, same with Dwight in Orlando, where are the Magic fans...thats why I like Raptor fans, we are NEVER any good or have star players to cheer for but still have many die hard fans. Same will happen in Mia when the big 3 break up all the "die hard" fans will dissapear

Stuckey#3
01-01-2013, 10:19 PM
There were a lot more "Cavs" fans that followed Lebron to Miami once they realized Miami was the next big thing. There must have been a record for new accounts set after the decision.

NYMetros
01-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Its funny when Bron leaves Cle and all there fans leave, same with Dwight in Orlando, where are the Magic fans...thats why I like Raptor fans, we are NEVER any good or have star players to cheer for but still have many die hard fans. Same will happen in Mia when the big 3 break up all the "die hard" fans will dissapear

Whenever I watch Cavs games on league pass the building still looks sold out to me. They still get a pretty good draw.

Tmath
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM
I think its because there were more LeBron fans over actual Cavs fans.

Gritz
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
They're Heat fans now

SMH!
01-01-2013, 10:53 PM
they're all heat fans now

tripleplay2007
01-01-2013, 10:56 PM
No one wants to pay there hard earned cash to see a ****** product. It's not that the fans don't care about their team, it's a recession! I haven't been to a professional game in over a year because tickets cost an arm and a leg for any sport.

Celtics33
01-01-2013, 10:58 PM

I think the raptors fanbase on PSD by far is the most supportive especially with how inconsistent this team has been this past decade.

nickdymez
01-01-2013, 11:10 PM
They are the Heat fans now

spreadeagle
01-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Whenever I watch Cavs games on league pass the building still looks sold out to me. They still get a pretty good draw.

that could be true.. I just dont see many on here lol

spreadeagle
01-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I think the raptors fanbase on PSD by far is the most supportive especially with how inconsistent this team has been this past decade.

If we ever get a wining season together the Toronto area will go bananas for this team, Raps fans and Toronto sports fans in general are dying for a wining team GO JAYS GO haha

Aust
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
They pumped him up as the greatest human being that's ever lived. Them and the media were the worst thing to ever happen to Lebron. Gave him a swelled head.

Bring The Heat
01-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Problem is people on PSD really believe the only real fans are the ones who post on here.... There are die hard fans out there that don't post on basketball forums.

jimm120
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM

aside for the Knicks...

ChickenSouvlaki
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
what did you think about them when LeBron was there? I remember them being the most passionate fanbase in the NBA during that time besides probably LA fans. They had the best home court in the NBA at the time,. Were they big on PSD?

By passionate do you mean meant to be seen and not heard?

ghettosean
01-02-2013, 12:57 AM
its funny when bron leaves cle and all there fans leave, same with dwight in orlando, where are the magic fans...thats why i like raptor fans, we are never any good or have star players to cheer for but still have many die hard fans. same will happen in mia when the big 3 break up all the "die hard" fans will dissapear
+1

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 01:27 AM
No, they were not here on PSD, nor any chat board really. Its Cleveland. So, Laker fans, in general, are passionate? Have you seen their crowd? The biggest Laker fans barely attend games.

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 01:55 AM
They're Heats fans now.

TheSource
01-02-2013, 02:01 AM
LA fans would have passion if tickets weren't so expensive and rich celebrities weren't there for the sake of being there.

SwatTeam
01-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Oh, so you're saying that if the Lakers sucked and the prices went down, then we would see the "true" lakers fans in the arena. I don't know if I believe that. The Lakers have never sucked on a consistent basis to make ticket prices go down in their history. So we don't truly know if there are real lakers fans out there, its never been proven. Therefore, true lakers fans don't exist. That means all lakers fans at the games are bandwagoners.

See what jumping to conclusions does. It makes you look like an @$$.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
LA fans would have passion if tickets weren't so expensive and rich celebrities weren't there for the sake of being there.

Oh for sure.

Lakerfan In NY
01-02-2013, 01:30 PM
aside for the Knicks...

:facepalm:

Stop it! I remember getting nose bleed seat in the garden & being told I could move down to the orange seats b4 they changed the garden. Linsanity brought back Knicks fanbase.

Arch Stanton
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Cleveland is more of a football town. They pay more attention to the Indians and Cavs when they are relevant. Otherwise, it's more of a casual crowd. The always pay attention to the Browns even though they've been awful for over a decade.