PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Teams to Take Seriously in the East Besides Miami, New York, & Boston?

Tony_Starks
01-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Before you get all bent out of shape over your up and coming team, when I say take seriously I mean has a legitimate shot at reaching the eastern finals(barring injuries to the contenders). NY looks legit and you can never count Boston out come playoff time because they're too well coached and battle tested.

Other than that the only team I could give a BIG maybe would be Chicago. If they can keep a respectable record by the time Rose gets back they could be a sleeper........

MetroMan
01-01-2013, 08:21 PM
No

JNoel
01-01-2013, 08:22 PM
No

Sinattle
01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Even Boston is kind of questionable now.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Chicago when Rose comes back.

bucketss
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
no.

Kashmir13579
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Chicago

Is Boston still a team to beat?

MetroMan
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Hell to the mother ****ing no

Tony_Starks
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Chicago

Is Boston still a team to beat?

Boston is the type of team that as long as they make the playoffs you can throw their record out the window. They came damn close to making the finals last year with a garbage bench and no Bradley....

Corey
01-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Boston will be fine come playoff time. The regular season wasn't really expected to be their strong point this year.

PacersForLife
Boston is looking questionable. The Bulls will be a threat if they get D-Rose back. The Pacers are being overlooked once again this year. Once we get Danny back we should be pretty solid, we've been looking good lately after a sloppy start.

JasonJohnHorn
Have you seen Boston play lately? Even Rondo hasn't been playing well.

That said, Chi-town with a healthy Rose and Indy with a healthy Granger are as good as any team in the league when playing to their full potential. I don't expect either player to be back soon enough to build up the momentum required going into the playoffs, but there is the potential for both rosters i think.

The Nets also have the talent to compete, and if they get things sorted out there, which i don't expect to happen this season, they also have the talent to compete.

And Philly with a healthy Bynum could make some noise.

The thing is, the great teams in the east are all playing with major injuries to theri best players (Rose, Granger, Bynum). That takes three teams out right there.

The Knicks and Heat have the best records right now, so they are the odd on favorites, but otehr teams, if healthy, have the potential to go all the way.

NYKNYGNYY
01-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Chicago when Rose comes back.

these were gona be my exact words
and idk about the celtics

JNoel
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Boston will be fine come playoff time. The regular season wasn't really expected to be their strong point this year.

It's been that way for the past two years for the C's, they are playing the main guys like KG only 31 minutes per, they could careless as long as they make the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Sixers with a healthy Bynum...Mark it down

Tony_Starks
01-01-2013, 08:44 PM

As a long time Laker fan allow me to sincerely tell you to not hold your breath on that one.....

Kashmir13579
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Boston is the type of team that as long as they make the playoffs you can throw their record out the window. They came damn close to making the finals last year with a garbage bench and no Bradley....
I know. I just want them to go away.

poleandreel
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
The Knicks shouldn't be taken seriously either. Miami will come out of the east pretty easily.

More-Than-Most
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
As a long time Laker fan allow me to sincerely tell you to not hold your breath on that one.....

lol yea its not looking good

el hidalgo
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
nets anybody?

PacersForLife
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
nets anybody?

Maybe if they get a good coach. I don't really see them being a threat otherwise.

blahblahyoutoo
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
sorry, boston?

Kyben36
01-01-2013, 09:10 PM
funny how people right off the bulls becaues rose is out, people forget how they won the east 2 years in a row and as long as Rose comes back healhty. we are a contender.

RLundi
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't even consider the Knicks as serious contenders to dethrone Miami but since 2 teams have to be in the east Finals, well then, there you have it. But they are a clear number 2, head and shoulders above the rest of the pathetic eastern conference.

It's Miami to me, even if they're currently playing subpar. No one else has any sort of chance, not Chicago, not Atlanta, and certainly not Boston.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Do people on this website forget that the Bulls exist? They're going to be awesome when Rose returns.

jam
01-01-2013, 11:41 PM
The knicks are massively overrated, primarily by their own fans. As soon as this team was assembled, I said they'd win 47-53 games regular season, and that's what they're on pace to do.

The knicks are a good team, but they're the oldest team in nba history. It will be difficult for them to improve with amare's contract.

Sportfan
01-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Boston could go 2nd round MAYBE ECF, but they are not going any further without a legitimate big man added.

KnickaBocka.44
01-02-2013, 12:49 AM
The knicks are massively overrated, primarily by their own fans. As soon as this team was assembled, I said they'd win 47-53 games regular season, and that's what they're on pace to do.

The knicks are a good team, but they're the oldest team in nba history. It will be difficult for them to improve with amare's contract.

Actually they are on pace to win more than that (55 or 56) but whatever helps you sleep at night.

hail2skins4life
01-02-2013, 01:48 AM
idk about boston this year. they seem really weak. maybe they can hit the switch when playoffs come around and make a run into the ECF. But no way theyre going back to the finals.

Cracka2HI!
01-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Like a lot of others have said I think Chicago, Indiana and Philly when their best players get healthy. I don't think Boston is a contender. I'm starting to doubt the Knicks. Amare coming back probably isn't going to help. Neither will a third of the roster being nearly 40. They may have been playing over their heads.

c.c.
01-02-2013, 02:00 AM
I don't even take the Knicks and Celtics serious. Like I been saying, the finals is basically gonna be the Heat vs. ?????

jam
01-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Actually they are on pace to win more than that (55 or 56) but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not with a 40 year old Kidd starting at point guard for the next two months. Not with Amare playing matador defense.

The knicks are 5 - 5 over their last 10; at that pace, they finish with 46 wins.

If the knicks keep losing, Carmela's going to start pouting, and it could all snowball downhill from there.

jam
01-02-2013, 02:09 AM
I don't even take the Knicks and Celtics serious. Like I been saying, the finals is basically gonna be the Heat vs. ?????

The knicks fans are completely delusional. They have the oldest team in the league. Barring season ending injuries to Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, the Heat will be back in the finals.

c.c.
01-02-2013, 02:12 AM
The knicks fans are completely delusional. They have the oldest team in the league. Barring season ending injuries to Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, the Heat will be back in the finals.

They just blinded by regular season wins, they vision will be back by spring/summer time

SACNYY
01-02-2013, 02:13 AM
The Hawks have Kyle Korver, so they should be taken very seriously.

ChickenSouvlaki
01-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Celtics/76ers

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 02:26 AM
If Rose has an AP recovery, Chicago. Otherwise, not really.

Luzern Walker
01-02-2013, 02:27 AM
brooklyn nets once they gel

Ezio
01-02-2013, 02:30 AM
If Rose has an AP recovery, Chicago. Otherwise, not really.

I expect him to be comparable to Dirk atm.

Mayweather&NYK
01-02-2013, 02:32 AM
Not with a 40 year old Kidd starting at point guard for the next two months. Not with Amare playing matador defense.

The knicks are 5 - 5 over their last 10; at that pace, they finish with 46 wins.

If the knicks keep losing, Carmela's going to start pouting, and it could all snowball downhill from there.

says the Nets fan.... ha ha :)

jam
01-02-2013, 02:35 AM
says the Nets fan.... ha ha :)

Are you saying the knicks are NOT 5 and 5 over their last 10? Are you saying Amare can defend? Are you saying Kidd is in his prime?

State some facts and evidence, or GTFO. :)

Mayweather&NYK
01-02-2013, 02:40 AM
Are you saying the knicks are NOT 5 and 5 over their last 10? Are you saying Amare can defend? Are you saying Kidd is in his prime?

State some facts and evidence, or GTFO. :)

im saying you are mad.... because the Nets are trash... :)

Auseranami
01-02-2013, 02:49 AM
i dont know why people always talk down about boston. they have proven that if they get in the playoffs, they are a contender.

Captain Moroni
01-02-2013, 03:02 AM

Ridiculous

Captain Moroni
01-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Bulls will be a legitamite threat

boysbullsbraves
01-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Add Chicago to the list...IF Rose stays healthy and plays up to his potential by the end of the season...and the Brooklyn Nets if they actually get consistent play from D-Will and B-Lopez.

c.c.
01-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Rose gonna come back and they gonna win more games (assuming) but let's say they make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. LeBron gonna guard him and lock him down then the Heat are back in the NBA Finals for the 3rd straight year. Everyone knows that

bholly
01-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Man, the Hawks are getting brutalized in the court of public opinion it seems.

The Knicks have had everything go just about perfect so far (no major injuries to their injury-prone top 2 guys, relatively easy schedule, haven't had to fit Melo/Amar'e/Chandler together until tonight, Kidd/Felton/Smith all starting the season way above expectation, etc), and are still only a half game up on the Hawks.
Melo has apparently taken a leap to the elite, and Shumpert is still out, sure - but at the same time Melo could well regress with Amar'e back and who knows how Shumpert will be?
I think they're def a great chance of making the ECF, and have been great so far, but I don't think they're a separate class to Atlanta just yet.

The 'Boston will be fine' refrain seems a little too easy and poorly thought out for me, too. I don't see any real reason to think they're better than last year (and probably are decidedly worse given age and Ray and the amount of minutes going to Jeff Green), and last year they only just snuck by an 8 seed, and would've most likely been out in the second round if not the Rose injury.

I think any of NYK, ATL, IND, BKN, CHI, could turn it around and make it without it being a surprise, with BOS an outside shot based purely on reputation, and PHI a distant dark-horse if Bynum's playing by the playoffs.

It's not even close to the closed race the OP is suggesting.

MonroeFAN
01-02-2013, 08:11 AM
If we make it into the playoffs we could surprise someone. It seems unlikely that we would make it past the second round if we actually did get in, but I feel a lot better about our chances now than I did a month ago.

It took Atlanta 2 over times to beat us, Miami damn near got blown out (without wade, regardless), Milwaukee had just beat Miami and couldn't hang. Those are 3 playoff teams.

Detroit has a lot of depth, and two of the best centers in the east, one of which is currently 20 some odd games into his first season. They're only going to get better as the season moves on.

Ps: How on earth did Drummond fall? I mean I think I would rather have him over Anthony Davis.

SteBO
01-02-2013, 08:29 AM

Ridiculous
Boston is on a similar pace this year as they were last year, and almost took us out in the ECF. And believe it or not, Avery Bradley makes a big difference. Now he needs to get healthy, but I've watched enough of him to realize his defense makes an impact.

BigEric
01-02-2013, 08:30 AM
I like a team that hasn't been mentioned once, but has a lot of talent and good coaching... The Bucks. I love Larry Sanders and as controversial their backcourt is.. its talented. I honestly think they can compte with anybody.

This being said without mentioning the obvious choice of Chicago.

MonroeFAN
01-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Sanders is impressive, but was completely shut down the other day by Monroe and Drummond and I have since soured on him a little bit.

SteBO
01-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Also, I think I was dead wrong earlier this year on the Bulls' bench. Marco Bellineli looks like he's found his way, and is a more versatile SG than Korver ever was. Nate Robinson is a spark plug, and Taj Gibson is a terrific post defender though I haven't seen a lot of him to know for sure.

When Rose gets back healthy, the Bulls are a legitamate threat. I've always said that Rose is a wild card in terms of how the East may shake out and I'm sticking to that.

2-ONE-5
01-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Celtics are garbage this year, they are far from a contender

SeoulBeatz
01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Also, I think I was dead wrong earlier this year on the Bulls' bench. Marco Bellineli looks like he's found his way, and is a more versatile SG than Korver ever was. Nate Robinson is a spark plug, and Taj Gibson is a terrific post defender though I haven't seen a lot of him to know for sure.

When Rose gets back healthy, the Bulls are a legitamate threat. I've always said that Rose is a wild card in terms of how the East may shake out and I'm sticking to that.

Agreed. I think the Bulls should be added to the list, and the Celtics should be removed. I know they do this every year (take a break during the reg season/turn it on for the playoffs) but this honestly doesn't look like one of the Celtic teams of old.

As for the Bulls, all of their success hinges on whether Rose can come back and be 95% of what he was. You never know with these knee injuries (especially to players who rely on their quickness/athleticism as much as rose does).

As an objective basketball fan, I hope he comes back 100% because he's one of the most exciting/humble players in the league.

rurichie
01-02-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying Brooklyn is a team to best I'm just saying they beat the knicks once and Boston twice

todu82
01-02-2013, 09:15 AM
The Bulls probably when Rose comes back.

YoungOne
01-02-2013, 09:30 AM
every team in the playoffs is a team to beat ;)

Badluck33
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I dont believe in the Celtics. They lost Allen and I think it made them worse. The celtics window is probably all but closed right now. Zero chance of winning a title this year.

benzni
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
don't know how the Knicks are doing it but they deserve the credit.

Knicks and Heat are the 2. Celtics are not even considered anymore

Healthy Chicago and Pacers squads should be up there also.

Nets, Sixers, Hawks, Bucks, Celtics round out the bottom

richardj
01-02-2013, 09:54 AM
I think atlanta should not be taken lightly. They are right there with the knicks and heat right now and have been balling all season.

Bulls when they get d-rose back will be tough and definetly a contender

I'm not high on the celtics. I can see them as a playoff team but not a true threat to win a title this year. They just seem a step slow to the me and are definetly getting older

Knicks if healthy (big if) can definetly do some damage in the playoffs. I think they can challenge the heat.

Pacers are balling right now, but I'm not sure if their a legit threat to challege the top 2 teams in the east.

The heat to me are the team to beat. Not looking to much into their regular season games as long as theyr'e consistent defensively.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Bucks for sure.

TheNumber37
01-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Boston will probably upset in the 1st round as long as they finisher higher than 7th and avoid the Knicks or Heat.

With that, Chicago (probably get a 4seed winning their division) when they get Rose back should be a threat again.

Sleeper team to me are the Bucks who have been playing decently and will probably move Jennings or Ellis for who know who (DMC?)

HowFit
01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Bulls will be a legitamite threat

If Rose comes back with his potential...

HowFit
01-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Heat
Knicks
Bulls (if Rose plays to his potential)
Hawks
Celtics
Pacers

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-02-2013, 10:19 AM
No......

Ebbs
01-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't take Boston seriously.

Muttman73
01-02-2013, 10:21 AM
The Bulls will be in the mix, but I don't think this is their year

69centers
01-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Ridiculous

Celtics are garbage this year, they are far from a contender

I don't take Boston seriously.

Short term memory, huh.

The Celtics were 15-17 at this time last year with two losing streaks of 5 games in a row, and we were an Avery Bradley injury and 5 minutes away from the Finals.

The Celtics are 14-16 right now and have had two losing streaks of 3 games in a row.

LAcowBOMBER
01-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes

Pierzynski4Prez
01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
In reality, hard to take anyone but Miami seriously. I don't think anyone in the east could even take them to 6.

2-ONE-5
01-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Short term memory, huh.

The Celtics were 15-17 at this time last year with two losing streaks of 5 games in a row, and we were an Avery Bradley injury and 5 minutes away from the Finals.

The Celtics are 14-16 right now and have had two losing streaks of 3 games in a row.

do you really think your team is as good as last years? you are crazy if u cant see this decline

Sly Guy
01-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Even Boston is kind of questionable now.

this. Boston's really starting to show age. Father time catches up with everyone.

cdnsportsfan
01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Not sure why everyone is hating on the Hawks so much, and the Pacers are currently sporting the best defensive efficiency in the entire NBA yet they don't even stand a chance of making the ECF? Not even the NBA Finals just the conference finals. I'd say both are definitely in the running.

The Heat are certainly the favourites and it will be a surprise if they don't make it out of the East, but I'd say both Atlanta and Indiana are better positioned than Boston without question, and may be in a better position than the recently injury prone Knicks as well (agree with what Mark Stein wrote in the power rankings this week, NY missing Raymond Felton might become a bigger issue than some might think).

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM

This. Boston and Miami are really the only 2 teams that can come out of the east.

When NY can't hit their 3's they look awful.

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 12:30 PM

I agree Boston and NY are the only team I'm not really worried about.

Wade is declining and the Heat lack effort, and the fact their defense is nowhere near last year leaves me to believe winning the last ring got to their heads!

69centers
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
do you really think your team is as good as last years? you are crazy if u cant see this decline

We sucked last year at this time and we suck right now. What's the difference in the suck level. :shrug: Slightly sucking to average sucking? Who cares. We'll be around come playoff time.

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
celtics will be right there with the heat

Max.This
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
im pretty sure old age will start to set in towards late in the season so philly and the younger squads have a chance

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 01:27 PM
ECF prediction: Knicks vs Celtics

Celtics start slow almost every season. Once Avery comes back they'll be alright and knock out the Heat

2-ONE-5
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
ECF prediction: Knicks vs Celtics

Celtics start slow almost every season. Once Avery comes back they'll be alright and knock out the Heat

neither will make it

kingkenny01
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
the Milwaukee Bucks lead by Monta "Dwayne Wade" Ellis, a championship quality team
hahaha

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
beck
Over last 12 games (7-5 record), Knicks have the 26th-ranked defense (107 pts allowed per 100 possessions).

damn

Tony_Starks
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
People are really sleeping on Boston? I completely dislike them as a team, a franchise, and a crew but you always have to respect them come playoff time.....

SINCESTARBURY25
01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I think the Cavs are a legit threat this year. This thread is pointless.

bholly
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Short term memory, huh.

Sure, if you say it like that. But you could also say it as "The Celtics were 15-17 at this time last year with two losing streaks of 5 games in a row, and were 3 minutes away from losing in the second round to a number 8 seed despite having home court".

hugepatsfan
01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
BOS doesn't look like a contender, but would it really surprise anyone if they turn it on in the playoffs? I'd be shocked if they win the title but I wouldn't be shocked if they surprised someone in the playoffs.

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
BOS doesn't look like a contender, but would it really surprise anyone if they turn it on in the playoffs? I'd be shocked if they win the title but I wouldn't be shocked if they surprised someone in the playoffs.

2-7 knicks boston. boston knocks ny out of the playoffs lol

petersmagic12
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Not sure why everyone is hating on the Hawks so much, and the Pacers are currently sporting the best defensive efficiency in the entire NBA yet they don't even stand a chance of making the ECF? Not even the NBA Finals just the conference finals. I'd say both are definitely in the running.

The Heat are certainly the favourites and it will be a surprise if they don't make it out of the East, but I'd say both Atlanta and Indiana are better positioned than Boston without question, and may be in a better position than the recently injury prone Knicks as well (agree with what Mark Stein wrote in the power rankings this week, NY missing Raymond Felton might become a bigger issue than some might think).

I definitely agree with you right now I would think Atlanta and Indiana are a much bigger threat to Miami right now then boston and maybe even NY at the moment because of injures. Indiana is playing well on defense there problem is they are missing there #1 offensive player and I think when Granger makes his return they will be even more solid. Atlanta surprised me this season. Horford, smith teague and company are really playing well.

I think I know why people are hating on these teams though Boston will make the Playoffs there's no doubt in my mind or theirs. And once boston makes it to the playoffs they always seem to turn on the switch to make themselves competitive. Indiana and Atlanta have yet to prove they can hit that switch. people see atlanta and indiana as 1st to 2nd round eliminated team because thats all they have been for while. However I Think Atlanta if they keep playing solid could possibly be a better match up to beat the heat then the knicks only time will tell

hugepatsfan
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
2-7 knicks boston. boston knocks ny out of the playoffs lol

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't seriously think BOS is going to make it to the finals, but it wouldn't shock me if they hobbled into the playoffs and then won a 1st round match and maybe make it back to the ECF.

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 09:12 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't seriously think BOS is going to make it to the finals, but it wouldn't shock me if they hobbled into the playoffs and then won a 1st round match and maybe make it back to the ECF.

Boston are slow starters, but will be the 3rd seed in due time.

ECF Knicks vs Boston should be a good one

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
wow your slow:facepalm:

you just said the celtics would get the 3rd seed. miami is getting the one seed. that means the knicks and celtics would meet in the 2nd round. Are you able to comprehend that?

You can bring up those 2 blowouts all you want, it's all you do anyways. Doesn't change the fact miami is a better team than NY. Only knicks homers would disagree.

You mad brah?

Knicks spanked the Heat without Melo... Stop being a homer.

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
:facepalm: now you lack reading skills....

First off did I say the Heat were keeping the one seed? My post was predicated on the Knicks being the one seed and the celtics being the 3rd meaning the heat and Celtics would meet and them knocking the heat off.

If you need hooked on phonics let me know

Homer alret

knicks are .500 in there last 10 games, there defense has been awful and there 3 point shooters kidd and novak cant hit the ocean if they fell out of a boat. First seed? llullz

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Homer alret

Yeah u mad brah

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah u mad brah

sure thing son

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
sure thing son

Cool story bro

D-Leethal
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Homer alret

knicks are .500 in there last 10 games, there defense has been awful and there 3 point shooters kidd and novak cant hit the ocean if they fell out of a boat. First seed? llullz

I would venture to say you guys have some worse losses than we do this year. Either way, I am not saying we are better than the Heat, but its very possible to get the 1 seed. Bulls weren't better than you guys either.

But stop acting like the Heat have been playing good basketball as of late. They are every bit as bad as the Knicks recently. Many teams who had hot starts came back to life. OKC had a losing streak, Spurs lost some games including a back to back vs crappy west teams, Nets fall into the abyss, Heat had some awful losses, Grizz the same. Clips went on a tear but even they had a 5 game losing streak this season. 82 games always have their share of roller coasters.

Kidd will start drilling shots again once he's able to spot up as an off guard and not have to run point and create his own looks. Novak just can't even get a shot off, no argument there.

D-Leethal
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
And lets not act like it didn't take about 5 Ray Allen game winners on separate occasions to barely squeak past some crappy lottery teams earlier this year either.

dalton749
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
toronto

justinnum1
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
And lets not act like it didn't take about 5 Ray Allen game winners on separate occasions to barely squeak past some crappy lottery teams earlier this year either.

lol. same thing can be said about jr smith

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM

He lacks basketball knowledge don't even bother

Giannis94
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Why no love for Miltown?

xxplayerxx23
01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Miami is ganna be tough to beat. Knicks can do it but will be very hard. Celtics and bulls with a healthy rosť are the others I see putting up a fight

justOmazing
01-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Atlanta should be in the conversation. They have beat OKC, the Clippers, and Memphis. All quality teams... and they're only 2 games back of Miami (as of 10:30pm Eastern on 1/2).

cssdmark
01-02-2013, 11:52 PM
I am a Knicks fan and I am not sure about them. Their unwillingness to play defense in the first half of games is a concern. But I think people are sleeping on a healthy Amare off the bench and if Shump comes back healthy he will definitely sure up our defense on guards. I do not see Boston making a run at all. If Bynum comes back with his head right, big if, then Philly is dangerous. Atlanta and Indiana, Chicago if the refs continue to let them play like it is rugby game.

HeaTxRipZz
01-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Other than Miami and Knicks I can only see Chicago and Boston as 2 other possible teams in the finals and Boston is a big if for me. They remind me of Chauncey's Pistons team. Still hanging on to post-season success until age completely catches up them. I think this is the year it's going to show that they need to start that rebuilding phase

Alayla
01-03-2013, 01:44 PM

no... not the frist season anyways give it time.

jakedajewler
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Raptors are the real deal, jump on board now guys

KnickaBocka.44
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Homer alret

regular season doesn't matter brah

YEDN90
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
You lack basketball knowledge. :facepalm:

To think the celtics will finished the 7th seed is ridiculous and Knicks getting the #1 seed? Lol how many times do the Knicks have to spank the Heat for u you to figure it out?

Remember that time Chicago swept the season series against the Heat, only to get brushed aside pretty easily in the playoffs?

Arguing over the regular season..come on now.

GiantsSwaGG
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Homer alret

Heat aren't playing special either. They barely can beat under .500 teams, needed overtime to beat the magic, and their defense might e worst than the Knicks and like I said the Knicks beat the heat twice already with ease...

Staying in the 1 seed lullz

GiantsSwaGG
01-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Remember that time Chicago swept the season series against the Heat, only to get brushed aside pretty easily in the playoffs?

Arguing over the regular season..come on now.

Remember when the Celtics swept the Knicks and swept them again in te playoffs?

It goes both way bud

dalton749
01-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Why no love for Miltown?

because no team with a pair of chuckers as their best players will ever be consistent enough to win a series. bucks hover around a 500 team and thats their ceiling

Kinglorious
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
The Pacers, who everyone seems to be forgetting about.

el hidalgo
01-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Nets are 1 stud head coach away from being a championship team. book it. People counting them out now are going to look like fools.

YEDN90
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Remember when the Celtics swept the Knicks and swept them again in te playoffs?

It goes both way bud

Obviously, but I guess you missed the point.

KnickaBocka.44
01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Nets are 1 stud head coach away from being a championship team. book it. People counting them out now are going to look like fools.

Too bad no stud head coaches want to coach there.

GiantsSwaGG
01-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Obviously, but I guess you missed the point.

So did you

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
regular season doesn't matter brah

it doesn't matter to an established, experienced playoff team. The Knicks are not this. They need everything possible in their favor. You have almost no chance going on the road and beating Miami or Boston is a 7 game series imo.

Kinglorious
01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
You lack basketball knowledge. :facepalm:

To think the celtics will finished the 7th seed is ridiculous and Knicks getting the #1 seed? Lol how many times do the Knicks have to spank the Heat for u you to figure it out?

wow your slow:facepalm:

you just said the celtics would get the 3rd seed. miami is getting the one seed. that means the knicks and celtics would meet in the 2nd round. Are you able to comprehend that?

You can bring up those 2 blowouts all you want, it's all you do anyways. Doesn't change the fact miami is a better team than NY. Only knicks homers would disagree.

Well, I'm not a Knicks homer myself, but you can't just sweep those two blowouts under the rug and forget about it, man. Don't be one of those guys. :eyebrow:

MIA - 22-8
NYK - 21-10

Leach11
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Not a Heat fan, but lol at Knicks fans thinking they are better than the Heat.

CaptainClutch
01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
If the Nets can make a trade for Anderson Varejao then yes

Kinglorious
01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
it doesn't matter to an established, experienced playoff team. The Knicks are not this. They need everything possible in their favor. You have almost no chance going on the road and beating Miami or Boston is a 7 game series imo.

Boston is terrible and I'm starting to doubt if they'll even make the playoffs this season at all.

Look, I know it's customary to blindly bash the big market team, which New York obviously is (and I'm all too familiar with this as a Maple Leafs fan) but give the Knicks their due this time...

I'm sure everyone thought the Lakers would be better than the Clippers (as per usual) but look at them now. Just like the Clippers, the Knicks aren't exactly a joke anymore and yeah, it is a bit weird. It's also ****ing awesome.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Boston is terrible and I'm starting to doubt if they'll even make the playoffs this season at all.

Look, I know it's customary to blindly bash the big market team, which New York obviously is (and I'm all too familiar with this as a Maple Leafs fan) but give the Knicks their due this time...

I'm sure everyone thought the Lakers would be better than the Clippers (as per usual) but look at them now. Just like the Clippers, the Knicks aren't exactly a joke anymore and yeah, it is a bit weird. It's also ****ing awesome.

What I am saying is, when you are a team that has a ton of playoff experience with your current roster, it matters more. A team like the Knicks will need all the help they can get, ie, HCA, good matchups, etc, to gain that needed experience. Boston is getting Bradley back now, so they may be better defensively when KG sits then they have been, which is the key to their success.

It's tough to not have any playoff success, or experience as a team, and just bust through the teams that have been there, done that together.

D-Leethal
01-03-2013, 05:42 PM
What I am saying is, when you are a team that has a ton of playoff experience with your current roster, it matters more. A team like the Knicks will need all the help they can get, ie, HCA, good matchups, etc, to gain that needed experience. Boston is getting Bradley back now, so they may be better defensively when KG sits then they have been, which is the key to their success.

It's tough to not have any playoff success, or experience as a team, and just bust through the teams that have been there, done that together.

Meh. Heat went to game 7 of the ECF with a brand new team (after getting Shaq). Boston won a chip with a brand new team. Heat went to finals with a brand new team. Mavericks won a chip with a bunch of new pieces from their original finals team. Your Wolves went to WCF first year with Spree and Cassell IIRC.

What your saying sounds more cliche than true.

Obviously battle tested teams are tough to get past, but its not like it never happens or is even that much of a rarity.

And while as a 15 man team we have a lot of new pieces. A ton of these guys have played together and been thru wars together at some point in their careers.

Kinglorious
01-03-2013, 05:49 PM

Yeah, but Celtics are a different team now, not like they were last year and the year before that and year before-- you get the idea. With the exception of Rondo, and three old men named Paul, Kevin and Jason, they're mostly a collection of fringe players, newcomers and rookies who haven't been there, done that for the Celtics, and it's showing at the moment. If they can't somehow get it together in the season, they certainly won't in the playoffs.

Ray Allen really screwed everything up for them when he left.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Meh. Heat went to game 7 of the ECF with a brand new team (after getting Shaq). Boston won a chip with a brand new team. Heat went to finals with a brand new team. Mavericks won a chip with a bunch of new pieces from their original finals team. Your Wolves went to WCF first year with Spree and Cassell IIRC.

What your saying sounds more cliche than true.

Obviously battle tested teams are tough to get past, but its not like it never happens or is even that much of a rarity.

And while as a 15 man team we have a lot of new pieces. A ton of these guys have played together and been thru wars together at some point in their careers.

look at the roster makeups of those teams though dude. I am not saying it doesn't happen. The core of the Knicks team is not new, they are the same core that was bounced quickly last year. What I am saying is, I think they will advance, but they need to secure HCA and get a decent matchup to make me believe they will indeed advance as they should.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
and the Knicks will get a decent matchup, they should finish top 3, meaning they will get a somewhat weak opponent round 1.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, but Celtics are a different team now, not like they were last year and the year before that and year before-- you get the idea. With the exception of Rondo, and three old men named Paul, Kevin and Jason, they're mostly a collection of fringe players, newcomers and rookies who haven't been there, done that for the Celtics, and it's showing at the moment. If they can't somehow get it together in the season, they certainly won't in the playoffs.

Ray Allen really screwed everything up for them when he left.

Rondo screwed that one up dude. They rest the **** out of their aging stars. Their minutes will increase big time come playoffs. In reality, its a one horse race out east imho. I don't think anyone can beat Miami unless they suffer injuries.

Kinglorious
01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Rondo screwed that one up dude. They rest the **** out of their aging stars. Their minutes will increase big time come playoffs. In reality, its a one horse race out east imho. I don't think anyone can beat Miami unless they suffer injuries.

You may be right, but we will have to see... That's why the East is so boring compared to the West. It's deep out there. Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Warriors, Grizzlies, and you can never forget about the Lakers.

Jesse2272
01-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Kidd, Camby and Sheed will help a lil Hawkster

Kinglorious
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Jesse 5000 ^ :clap:

Jesse2272
01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Jesse 5000 ^ :clap:

I have too much time on my hands

sep11ie
01-03-2013, 06:27 PM
You mean just Miami, right?

GrkGawdofWalkz
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Boston? I would consider it NY and Miami's to lose. Boston has looked completely pathetic in a bulk of games that I've watched. However, there have been injuries and inconsistency issues with Garnett. That could be rectified I suppose.

WhiteSoxGod
01-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Don't count out the Wizards when John Wall gets back.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Kidd, Camby and Sheed will help a lil Hawkster

Not that much dude. They are bit role players at this point. I do like Kidd's resurgence so far, but I can't see it lasting, his shot to begin the year was on fire, he is cooling now. Look, I think this is the year the Knicks make it through a round for sure. But when you have won a single playoff game in a decade +, you really would prefer to enter the playoffs with HCA if possible. This isn't the examples the other poster was using, where a team added a prime Shaq, or the Big 3 coming together. This team is the same, star wise, and just moved around the role players. I do think Boston will pick it up at some point as well. Brooklyn I can't figure out, the Hawks are dead come playoff time, so the east is honestly as weak as its been. Perfect time for the Knicks to figure it out finally.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Don't count out the Wizards when John Wall gets back.

they will be 120 game behind by then...

Jesse2272
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Not that much dude. They are bit role players at this point. I do like Kidd's resurgence so far, but I can't see it lasting, his shot to begin the year was on fire, he is cooling now. Look, I think this is the year the Knicks make it through a round for sure. But when you have won a single playoff game in a decade +, you really would prefer to enter the playoffs with HCA if possible. This isn't the examples the other poster was using, where a team added a prime Shaq, or the Big 3 coming together. This team is the same, star wise, and just moved around the role players. I do think Boston will pick it up at some point as well. Brooklyn I can't figure out, the Hawks are dead come playoff time, so the east is honestly as weak as its been. Perfect time for the Knicks to figure it out finally.

kick me in the *** then you give me a pat on the back :D

Ill take it

The bit role players will help IMO in the locker room and somewhat on the court JKidd has a calming effect on this team we never seem to panic, Camby starting tonight I think he will do the some down the stretch

Hawkeye15
01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
kick me in the *** then you give me a pat on the back :D

Ill take it

The bit role players will help IMO in the locker room and somewhat on the court JKidd has a calming effect on this team we never seem to panic, Camby starting tonight I think he will do the some down the stretch

As I stated early in the year, when the Knicks were killing it, the NBA season is peaks and valleys. They started on a peak, and seem to have hit a snag right now. I am very interested to see what this team looks like come playoff time.

Word to the wise: Hey Knicks, maybe start playing some defense before the damn 4th quarter starts. You could have put away a few of those losses as wins early...

The world is a more interesting place when the Knicks are good imho. So that is what I am hoping for.

JordansBulls
01-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Chicago just beat Miami and NY without Rose on the road. So with Rose back they certainly have a great shot.

DR_1
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Wow people have short term memories. Bulls had 2 consecutive seasons as the #1 seed and Rose is coming back soon. They are definitely better tham Boston (fully healthy).

THE MTL
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Boston is questionable in my opinion.